Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,219 members, 7,815,265 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:54 AM

Obasanjo - Nigeria Is Cursed, Criticized Atiku, Tinubu - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obasanjo - Nigeria Is Cursed, Criticized Atiku, Tinubu (31873 Views)

Atiku, Tinubu In Race For APC Bot Chair / Buhari Hosts Zuma To A State Banquet; Osinbajo, Atiku, Tinubu Joins / Obasanjo: Nigeria May Soon Explode-Saharareporters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obasanjo - Nigeria Is Cursed, Criticized Atiku, Tinubu by coogar: 10:50am On Aug 14, 2013
Kei144: Obasanjo was much better than the military rulers that preceded him. He operated based on the amount of light that existed by the time he ruled. People may easily forget the level of darkness that existed just before his presidency. He was able to increase the light of the nation somewhat. Presidents that come after him are supposed to increase the light. I think that Johnathan is doing just that.

this is the lie you people keep telling yourselves - what's the fuel price during abacha's regime? how much was it during the OBJ era? compare the inflation rate in 97/98 to 2006/7(when OBJ was about leaving). more politicians died from assassin's bullets under OBJ's nose than any military government in the history of nigeria.

let's call a spade a spade - OBJ was a worthless leader.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo - Nigeria Is Cursed, Criticized Atiku, Tinubu by 3Dimension: 10:51am On Aug 14, 2013
How did I get here? Anyway as far as naija is concern no leader is hundred percent clean. Even the follower's r not clean. So what r we saying
Re: Obasanjo - Nigeria Is Cursed, Criticized Atiku, Tinubu by Nobody: 10:51am On Aug 14, 2013
Abacha never stole any loot.

You should be asking what happened to all the loot Obasanjo stole?

The guy built his farm on stolen loot.
What of the $16 Billion he took to give us light?

What of all the national assets he sold to himself for almost no money?

coogar:

respect myself or you die like a night's flight price like expedia, you homoerotic nuisance.

he's the most useless man ever - he's poor in spirit, he's an irresponsible father even to his own children. i am waiting for him to visit my country of residence again. i would pelt his face with class A eggs.

what happened to all the loot abacha stole?

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo - Nigeria Is Cursed, Criticized Atiku, Tinubu by coogar: 11:00am On Aug 14, 2013
GenBuhari: Abacha never stole any loot.

abacha had money stashed in foreign banks - to the tune of almost $5 billion.

You should be asking what happened to all the loot Obasanjo stole? The guy built his farm on stolen loot.

i am sure OBJ would have stolen more than that in his 8-year rule. i don't even know how he's able to walk freely in nigeria without getting maimed by nigerians. he single-handedly ruin this current republic.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo - Nigeria Is Cursed, Criticized Atiku, Tinubu by crackhaus: 11:03am On Aug 14, 2013
Obasanjo just dey front changed man but we(I) know better. He's right about one thing though & that's about how deep corruption runs. The critics are hardly any better.

Everyone is guilty of something. Corruption & self-aggrandizement is everywhere, Nigerians are a people made up of a grossly inflated sense of self..it is the bane of our existence & I don't see this problem alleviating any time soon; not when my boss is involved, not when some family members are involved, not when friends are also part of the problem, not when Nairaland moderators and users display their power-trips all the time.

You think politicians have problems? You should ask yourself this question, What do I stand for? I bet most of us don't have a credible answer that's not based on our delusions and opinions of self-propagation

#EndOfRant

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo - Nigeria Is Cursed, Criticized Atiku, Tinubu by shejane: 11:04am On Aug 14, 2013
I belv wot obj is trying 2 say is dat tins ar suppose 2b better by d day bt tins ar getin worst, according 2 him since he's nt gud, he expect d next president 2b better dan him, bt if u ask me obj regime is far more better dan wot am seeing now.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo - Nigeria Is Cursed, Criticized Atiku, Tinubu by Lyoncrescent: 11:06am On Aug 14, 2013
Abachas government was one of the best Nigeria ever had followed by IBB

I beleive Tinubu is d worst leader ever.

Other leaders steal when they are in power and leave.

Tinubu owns Lagos and has put in such a mechanism never before seen in Nigeria such that even his Grand Children would still reap on a daily basis from the different machinations he has all over the city called Lagos.

Obasanjo for example may die and loose his influence and it will affect his farm.

If tinubu dies, people would still lodge at oriental hotel, pay toll fees all across lagos, ride LAGBUS and other BRT busses,who knows maybe alpha beta will still colllect 25% of lagos taxes, you will still read Nations newspaper, fly with firstnation airlines, buy fuel from oando,watch TVC and listen to Radio Continental, phony land acquisitions along the Lekki-Ajah-Epe axis(You will probably buy land from one of his grand children in d future),shop at the ikeja city mall and the adeniran ogunsanya mall and so on and so forth.

Unless Lagos state is won by another party or a radical man comes from APC and changes all this, Tinubu would still be the best looter nigeria ever had and that makes him a bad leader

Who sells state property to private investors to build a mall next to the states' seat of power if he doesn't have a stake in it ?
Re: Obasanjo - Nigeria Is Cursed, Criticized Atiku, Tinubu by Dee60: 11:06am On Aug 14, 2013
When you read this thread you will be tempted to say that OBJ is indeed correct. Is Nigeria not cursed? Our people cannot even read and understand. Did he exonerate himself?

We are very shallow. We need mass quality education in Nigeria for the next 20 years so we can begin to raise people with true leadership skills, people who can at least read English properly.
Re: Obasanjo - Nigeria Is Cursed, Criticized Atiku, Tinubu by Nobody: 11:06am On Aug 14, 2013
OBJ is a master confusionist and contortionist...engaging in name dropping about Tinubu

He claimed Tinubu said he went to GCI but they could not conclude investigation about that claim cos someone(Former Gov of Oyo-a man now deceased and who can't defend himself) went and tamper with evidence(a very grievous criminal act). So I asked since he turned himself into a judge and assumed that it was Lam Adesina who went to destroy such evidence he believed was there to prove Tinubu did not attend GCI So by 2003 when all the AD govs lost their immunity and elections,WHY didn't OBJ go ahead and conclude the investigation of fishing for dirt abt Tinubu....only to wait for 10years now to come n tell us rubbish using his personality as a newsmaker and opinion moulder to spuriously allege people

I thought he was gonna talk about Billions he knew Tinubu stole when EFCC almost made LASG secretariat their home back in the days all in the bid to fish for incriminating evidence to nail Tinubu

If the silly gossip of OBJ about Tinubu is about whether he went to a secondary school he himself could not prove he went or did not go to due to 'loss' of material evidence...then OBJ should shut his mouth!

Again he engaged in bifurcation,obtuse talk and deliberate misinfornation about Buhari....again I asked what and what did Buhari doooooo?? He just mumbled and twisted statement to finger our brains knowing fully well some gullible people will go into delirium once Tinubu or Buhari's names are mentioned....again I ask what have u uncovered about Buhari 29yrs after that we don't already know

He was there for 8yrs and could not nail Buhari-a man he himself switched his allegiance to months before the 2011 election,infact he suggested that Buhari drops Bakare and pick Ngozi Okonjo Iweala as VP when he sensed Buhari might win

Its only a rigid mind that will not see that OBJ is trying to discredit APC and its leaders to agains soften the ground for the PDP

I am not swayed by all OBJ's theatrics...let him tell us in bullets points that

(1) you discovered Tinubu stole Bleep amount of Billions when he was there,even if he says that I will ask why ddint u prosecute him

(2) You discovered Buhari stole money as Head of State and/or also at PTF-again I will ask why didn't u prosecute him

Was it not the same Obasanjo who tried to tinker with the constitution to get a third term?

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo - Nigeria Is Cursed, Criticized Atiku, Tinubu by moscobabs(m): 11:08am On Aug 14, 2013
obainojazz: your mama's lover
your mama concubine ba?
Re: Obasanjo - Nigeria Is Cursed, Criticized Atiku, Tinubu by OneDemola: 11:08am On Aug 14, 2013
I'm done with the f00lish country called Nigeria.

*returns green passport*
Re: Obasanjo - Nigeria Is Cursed, Criticized Atiku, Tinubu by Nobody: 11:12am On Aug 14, 2013
Abacha never stole.
guess who falsely accused Abacha? - the very dishonest Obasanjo and his partners in crime IBB and Absulsalami Abubakar.

coogar:

abacha had money stashed in foreign banks - to the tune of almost $5 billion.

i am sure OBJ would have stolen more than that in his 8-year rule. i don't even know how he's able to walk freely in nigeria without getting maimed by nigerians. he single-handedly ruin this current republic.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo - Nigeria Is Cursed, Criticized Atiku, Tinubu by Temptee101(m): 11:12am On Aug 14, 2013
Let the battle begin...Abati vs Lai Mohammed, GEJ vs Buhari, now itz Obj vs Tinubu...Naija Politricks=Politics of clownz.
Re: Obasanjo - Nigeria Is Cursed, Criticized Atiku, Tinubu by HaffeezMahmud(m): 11:14am On Aug 14, 2013
Group of criminals lolzzzzzz, why is baba iyabo saying rubbish is he not the chief leader mad man.
Re: Obasanjo - Nigeria Is Cursed, Criticized Atiku, Tinubu by coogar: 11:15am On Aug 14, 2013
GenBuhari: Abacha never stole.
guess who falsely accused Abacha? - the very dishonest Obasanjo and his partners in crime IBB and Absulsalami Abubakar.

of course, abacha stole!
what are you talking about? he hid money in various banks in europe. however, this was revealed because he died. if he's still alive, we would never know he had that much in his coffers....
Re: Obasanjo - Nigeria Is Cursed, Criticized Atiku, Tinubu by obainojazz(m): 11:20am On Aug 14, 2013
moscobabs:
your mama concubine ba?
rat face
Re: Obasanjo - Nigeria Is Cursed, Criticized Atiku, Tinubu by jackymfon: 11:20am On Aug 14, 2013
That way how people said Calabar was jinxed until Donald Duke a good responsible leader came into power. My dear youths resist sentiment and corruption vote tested and trusted leaders. If only people like Fashola and Donald Duke would campaign for this coming election in 2015 for president and vice. We no longer need self absorbed politicians but technocrats who will change Nigeria to dubai... we have the money.

i am just tired of all this rhetoric in Nigeria. If in 2015 you are bribed to vote an irresponsible leader collect the money and vote your conscience. Things must change I expected so much from Mr President but he gave us increased fuel prices, increased electric bills with no light, a situation where because you are celebrating demracy day you display your selves eating and dining when people perish in poverty and lack in NigerIal. infact things much change and jacky says so...

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo - Nigeria Is Cursed, Criticized Atiku, Tinubu by irecruit(m): 11:21am On Aug 14, 2013
best of all, OBJ is still the best [url]President[/url] as Far as NIgeria is concern
Re: Obasanjo - Nigeria Is Cursed, Criticized Atiku, Tinubu by USDRONE(m): 11:21am On Aug 14, 2013
nadia_SA: Ojb smh

Is he the one with the kidney prob

My dear, the broblem is not that the kidney is faulty, it's just that he thinks with it. God help Nigeria.
Re: Obasanjo - Nigeria Is Cursed, Criticized Atiku, Tinubu by Nobody: 11:24am On Aug 14, 2013
Lyoncrescent: Abachas government was one of the best Nigeria ever had followed by IBB

I beleive Tinubu is d worst leader ever.

Other leaders steal when they are in power and leave.

Tinubu owns Lagos and has put in such a mechanism never before seen in Nigeria such that even his Grand Children would still reap on a daily basis from the different machinations he has all over the city called Lagos.

Obasanjo for example may die and loose his influence and it will affect his farm.

If tinubu dies, people would still lodge at oriental hotel, pay toll fees all across lagos, ride LAGBUS and other BRT busses,who knows maybe alpha beta will still colllect 25% of lagos taxes, you will still read Nations newspaper, fly with firstnation airlines, buy fuel from oando,watch TVC and listen to Radio Continental, phony land acquisitions along the Lekki-Ajah-Epe axis(You will probably buy land from one of his grand children in d future),shop at the ikeja city mall and the adeniran ogunsanya mall and so on and so forth.

Unless Lagos state is won by another party or a radical man comes from APC and changes all this, Tinubu would still be the best looter nigeria ever had and that makes him a bad leader

Who sells state property to private investors to build a mall next to the states' seat of power if he doesn't have a stake in it ?

As much as you have spinned emotional verbiage to paint someone black....what is the FG looking at all this while and having gotten the balls to prosecute and jail him??

What you don't know is that the EFCC has power to carry out investigation,demand for any document to aid their investigation from any govt,body or organisation....whoever that has insider information as to the catalogue of sins of Tinubu should approach the EFCC

Infact the FG can even induce(am not saying bribe! But may be with tempting position) any of his lieutenants to give up some information about him yet we have not seen that....when he was a governor he was touted to be under immunity but he has been without immunity for 6years now yet we have not seen anything other than this predictable shouts in the media....is any1 afraid to write a petition and back up such with evidence if there is any

Bode George said it was Tinubu that used Lagos state law to jail him,can't the PDP also unearth any earth-shaking evidence against the man they love to hate ni?

Other than this wily and idiocy-laden path being treaded by OBJ whereby he tries to discredit opposition members with mere words and asinine allegations when a single evidence to nail him is what we require till the day that will happen I ask OBJ 2 bury his head in shame cos he is a rabblerouser!
Re: Obasanjo - Nigeria Is Cursed, Criticized Atiku, Tinubu by Nobody: 11:25am On Aug 14, 2013
Abacha never looted , it was a malicious lie started by IBB/Abubakar and continued by Thief Obasanjo.

Abacha is simply a victim of systematic demonisation of all of Africa's best nationalist leaders.

Ask yourself 2 questions:

If Abacha was interested in looting why would he decline all IMF loans offered to him?

What prompted Abdulsalami Abubakar to probe Abacha just days after Abacha death, if it was not a deliberate attempt to demonise him?

coogar:

of course, abacha stole!
what are you talking about? he hid money in various banks in europe. however, this was revealed because he died. if he's still alive, we would never know he had that much in his coffers....
Re: Obasanjo - Nigeria Is Cursed, Criticized Atiku, Tinubu by xykms101: 11:27am On Aug 14, 2013
coogar:

of course, abacha stole!
You've failed to understand that obasanjo/babangida are the smooth/the biggest criminals.
Re: Obasanjo - Nigeria Is Cursed, Criticized Atiku, Tinubu by xykms101: 11:32am On Aug 14, 2013
GenBuhari: Abacha never looted , it was a malicious lie started by IBB/Abubakar and continued by Thief Obasanjo.

Abacha is simply a victim of systematic demonisation of all of Africa's best nationalist leaders.

Ask yourself 2 questions:

If Abacha was interested in looting why would he decline all IMF loans offered to him?

What prompted Abdulsalami Abubakar to probe Abacha just days after Abacha death, if it was not a deliberate attempt to demonise him?

You've spoken well but they'll never understand.

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo - Nigeria Is Cursed, Criticized Atiku, Tinubu by Killingp: 11:33am On Aug 14, 2013
chaloner:

http://telegraphng.com/2013/08/obasanjo-says-nigeria-is-cursed-slams-atiku-tinubu/?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter
for a thief to accuse a thief of stealing, it's evident dat that the country is cursed. Kai i neva see!
Re: Obasanjo - Nigeria Is Cursed, Criticized Atiku, Tinubu by blackbeau1(f): 11:33am On Aug 14, 2013
Nah.Nigeria is nnot cursed.you people are just too greedy. So finally,Eedris Abdulkareem has been vindicated.Obj has agreed that 'Nigeria is Jaga Jaga'

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo - Nigeria Is Cursed, Criticized Atiku, Tinubu by Lordlexy: 11:40am On Aug 14, 2013
Anvaller: The problem I have with majority comment here is that u are spending more time castigating OBJ and little or no time looking into the reality of his statement. I think the wise thing should have been to examine the truth and consequences of his statement and concentrate on that. He himself did not categorically state that he is not part of the curse.

Why are we always not smart enough to place our priority right? If Tinubu told some truth... 4get that he steals, deal with the truth. If Atiku told some truth, forget that he steals and deal with the truth. By so doing, the truth they are telling will still come back to haunt them because truth is consistent but unfortunately, we are not.

He did not emphasize his exclusion, that means he left that area for u to judge by urself.

He who comes to equity must come with a clean hand, period. What moral ground has he to brazenly tongue lash our dear nation? He had everything in the world to correct the ills but he failed. Whatever become of the nation today is directly proportional to his mis-rule characterised with impunity, godfatherism (which he is still practicing), imposition, looting and mismanagement. Nigerians are easy to govern, and it takes a good or bad leader to detect the direction the masses will go. The trait the ppl display today is a reflection the quality of leadership they have, which unfortunately Obj had help to distribute and still distributing.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo - Nigeria Is Cursed, Criticized Atiku, Tinubu by vcvibes(m): 11:44am On Aug 14, 2013
scribble: he is very funny. But obasanjo is as much as guilty as some of thecharacters mentioned in his speech.

Seeing as I'm first to comment which is a long time coming, do I make acceptance speech here?

I want to thank the mod for putting this topic on FP. Afam4ev may ur reign be long.

Also want to thank Seun for this his brainchild, Nairaland.

Finally the OP, without whom none of this would be possible.

Oh before I forget, gtbank for allowing me open an account on facebook in less than 10 minutes. God bless Nigeria
shebi u stil dey live 4 yaba left?
Re: Obasanjo - Nigeria Is Cursed, Criticized Atiku, Tinubu by bebechuks: 11:44am On Aug 14, 2013
Oby so you are different? Abi u don repent? Ash don repent ni?
Re: Obasanjo - Nigeria Is Cursed, Criticized Atiku, Tinubu by tomber(m): 11:45am On Aug 14, 2013
GenBuhari: Abacha never stole any loot.

You should be asking what happened to all the loot Obasanjo stole?

The guy built his farm on stolen loot.

I was about to take u serious but wen i saw d name Gen buhari i just knew nothing sensible can come from you.
Re: Obasanjo - Nigeria Is Cursed, Criticized Atiku, Tinubu by Dmentor(f): 11:49am On Aug 14, 2013
Wonders shall never seize. see corruption see OBJ o. Baba, you were the teacher, those mentioned, your students. They learnt well.

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo - Nigeria Is Cursed, Criticized Atiku, Tinubu by harunajia(m): 11:49am On Aug 14, 2013
Sometime i like OB not for his accomplishment buth for seeing the truth nd Saying it even though i know he is not working on it...
Re: Obasanjo - Nigeria Is Cursed, Criticized Atiku, Tinubu by Moneylender: 11:50am On Aug 14, 2013
Does he understand him?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Thugs Destroy APC Political Banners On Ikorodu Road, Lagos (Photos) / FG Directs Saraki-Led Appointees From Kwara To Resign Or Be Sacked / LASG Installs 2,000 Okada, Tricycle Restriction Signs On Major Highways, Bridges

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.