Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,352 members, 7,815,730 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:20 PM

Falling Down Under Anointing? - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Falling Down Under Anointing? (25907 Views)

Does Falling Under Anointing Suggests One Has An Evil Spirit? / Why Always Women Falls Under Anointing And Not Men? / Falling Under Anointing - Hoax, Real Or Hypnosis? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Falling Down Under Anointing? by trolling(m): 5:17am On Aug 17, 2013
idnoble135:
you might as well say i should not pray on sunday because i pray to the sun god. That explanation holds no water. All days belongs to the Lord. Bible says, "This is the day the LORD has made;
We will rejoice and be glad in
it.". Psalm 118:24.
The Lord owns the day and not the sun god, not even the devil. And therefore, i can worship anyday.
Upon the first day of the week let every one of you lay by him in store, as God hath prospered him, that there be no gatherings when I come.I Cor 16:2...so why didnt Paul worship,assemble and gather on the first day of the week which is called the day of the Sun abi u no get calendar to see say the first day of the week is what this pagan Gentiles named sunday
Re: Falling Down Under Anointing? by thorpido(m): 8:44am On Aug 17, 2013
Ayatullah:

It shows how lazy you are, if you had google search as advised, then you will see she did not convert to Islam in captivity, but after 3 years, she spent less than 20 days with the Taliban, so for your information she was not forced, but she read the Quran, because she want to know and not a lazy fellow like you. For your information she was a Sunday School Teacher as a Christian
And you don't know that in just one day a man can be fed with so much bullsheet that he will believe it for the rest of his life.

Being a sunday school teacher means nothing.There are sunday school teachers and CRK teachers who just take it as a job.
Re: Falling Down Under Anointing? by HolyHolla(m): 9:56am On Aug 17, 2013
Glamglam:

shocked :O wow! Are you sure it's not my church this happened to you? Chairs scattering etc. That must have been painful. So did you feel closer to God after this encounter?

I like that last question. I believe in the anointing of the Holy Spirit and that it could flow from a touch and result in many manifeststions like falling, being "smitten", laughing, crying, shivers in the brain and along the spine and so many others. I have experienced many of such, so I cannot say it's fake. But the main issue to consider is, 'What benefit is accrued from that "anointing"'?

I ask so that we may be careful about some unnecessary show by men of God. I know of cases where men of God are annoyed and have complained when some people they lay hands on do not fall. Must you necessarily fall? Are some of these experiences not faked just to please the man of God only? Are some not due only to our emotional state of mind?

The purposes of anointing, according to the bible is to break yoke or impart power and authority! Is there any of such achievement in that particular experience of laying on of hands? As far as I'm concerned, laying of hands without any significant spiritual effect is mere show. But when done by the leading of the Spirit, it achieves a purpose.

1 Like

Re: Falling Down Under Anointing? by HolyHolla(m): 10:14am On Aug 17, 2013
Goshen360:

The people that fell, are they Christians? After they fell, did that change anything or they still went ahead to carry out their evil intentions to betray\arrest Christ? They weren't Christians and like I said, you will never find Christians in scriptures falling not nothing. They (Christians) are the carrier of the anointing, they don't fall like crazy! Why don't the men of God themselves that claims to carry this anointing upon them also fall - they should be the one falling since they are the ones the anointing is coming upon first. All people Jesus delivered, were possessed and could do anything like falling into fire, cutting themselves, harm themselves - such is not said of Christians.

Pls read Matt. 17:6 and Jn. 18:6, you will find specific examples of 'Christians' falling under the anointing. Also, when men of God encounter higher levels of anointing in others they also fall. I have seen it happen often.
Re: Falling Down Under Anointing? by Nobody: 2:50pm On Aug 17, 2013
trolling: You were in Eden, the garden of God. Every kind of precious stone covered you: carnelian, topaz, and diamond, beryl, onyx, and jasper, sapphire, turquoise and emerald. Your mountings and settings were crafted in gold; they were prepared on the day you were created. Ezekiel 28:13-
That scripture referred to Lucifer. It was not the Holy Spirit nor demons. Bring up some thing better
Re: Falling Down Under Anointing? by Nobody: 2:52pm On Aug 17, 2013
trolling: How shall I pardon you for this? your children have forsaken me, and sworn by them that are no gods: when I had fed them to the full, they then committed adultery, and assembled themselves by troops in the harlots' houses. Isaiah 5:7. what is the broad and wide way that leads to destruction, so where do people flock and troop to on the day of the Sun called sunday just as all the days of the week are named after pagan gods
This is still your answer.
idnoble135:
you might as well say i should not pray on sunday because i pray to the sun god. That explanation holds no water. All days belongs to the Lord. Bible says, "This is the day the LORD has made;
We will rejoice and be glad in
it.". Psalm 118:24.
The Lord owns the day and not the sun god, not even the devil. And therefore, i can worship anyday.
Re: Falling Down Under Anointing? by Nobody: 2:54pm On Aug 17, 2013
trolling: Upon the first day of the week let every one of you lay by him in store, as God hath prospered him, that there be no gatherings when I come.I Cor 16:2...so why didnt Paul worship,assemble and gather on the first day of the week which is called the day of the Sun abi u no get calendar to see say the first day of the week is what this pagan Gentiles named sunday
That was for a reason. To gather the money that he was to come collect. He never told them that was the day of worship. Dont misinterprete the scriptures.
Re: Falling Down Under Anointing? by Nobody: 2:57pm On Aug 17, 2013
Besides, you are slowly digressing from the topic. You want to talk about that(creation of angels, worship on sunday, pagan christian)? Open a new thread and invite me.
For now... We have this to discuss here.
1. Is the topic of this thread still relevant for us today? Is it of God?
Re: Falling Down Under Anointing? by trolling(m): 3:19pm On Aug 17, 2013
idnoble135:
That scripture referred to Lucifer. It was not the Holy Spirit nor demons. Bring up some thing better
now i know how dumb u are, so u dont know that lucifer is a demon
Re: Falling Down Under Anointing? by Nobody: 3:45pm On Aug 17, 2013
trolling: now i know how dumb u are, so u dont know that lucifer is a demon
You will sound more matured if you learn to converse with polite words. Crude words does not imply that you are explaining your point.
Now here, he(lucifer) was specially created for the ministration he rendered when he was in heaven. Open a new thread if you want to discuss it.
But for now, stick to the topic. And tell me how it is wrong. If you do not have any point on that, open a new thread and invite me. Its that simple.
Re: Falling Down Under Anointing? by trolling(m): 4:03pm On Aug 17, 2013
idnoble135:
You will sound more matured if you learn to converse with polite words. Crude words does not imply that you are explaining your point.
Now here, he(lucifer) was specially created for the ministration he rendered when he was in heaven. Open a new thread if you want to discuss it.
But for now, stick to the topic. And tell me how it is wrong. If you do not have any point on that, open a new thread and invite me. Its that simple.
so when king solomon,Christ,Paul etc called people fools they were impolite,and that aint crude words, i just no dey hear word, the script already made it known to me that u would despise n refute knowledge,i suppose slap myself for not adhering....bye bye
Re: Falling Down Under Anointing? by Nobody: 4:08pm On Aug 17, 2013
Farewell to thee and thine doctrines. Enlightenment for thee i pray.
Re: Falling Down Under Anointing? by Ayatullah(m): 8:03pm On Aug 17, 2013
thorpido: And you don't know that in just one day a man can be fed with so much bullsheet that he will believe it for the rest of his life.

Being a sunday school teacher means nothing.There are sunday school teachers and CRK teachers who just take it as a job.

Well, if you will have to off-load all the bullshiiit you have been fed all these years you just have to come out from your laziness and search for THE TRUTH, Yvonne was a well educated lady, if you care to read her story, you will realize she was not fed 'bullsheet' (as you put it), rather she gave a lot of trouble to the Taliban. So better stop dreaming and insinuating about her condition.
Re: Falling Down Under Anointing? by Nobody: 12:32am On Aug 18, 2013
Goshen deserted this thread? 48hours after he promised to drop a reply? Okkk... This is also going into the books cheesy
Re: Falling Down Under Anointing? by thorpido(m): 7:56am On Aug 19, 2013
Ayatullah:

Well, if you will have to off-load all the bullshiiit you have been fed all these years you just have to come out from your laziness and search for THE TRUTH, Yvonne was a well educated lady, if you care to read her story, you will realize she was not fed 'bullsheet' (as you put it), rather she gave a lot of trouble to the Taliban. So better stop dreaming and insinuating about her condition.
THE TRUTH;

'I am the Way,the TRUTH and the Life,no man commeth unto the Father but by Me'(John 14:6)

All other ground is sinking sand......#singing
Re: Falling Down Under Anointing? by OME1(m): 9:05am On Aug 19, 2013
I think it depends the frame of our minds at that particular moment and our relationship with the holy spirit... I know a particular woman that broke her leg while falling under the 'annointing'...haha, which kin annointing be that, devil or God ?
Re: Falling Down Under Anointing? by nelsus001: 6:39am On Sep 19, 2013
make sure u check ur pastors very well sum of dem are native doctor, ogboni,wizard, mami water spirit dem dey use 4 miracle ABEG SHINE UR EYE WELL
Re: Falling Down Under Anointing? by Chubhie: 11:44pm On Oct 02, 2016
Spiritual things....
Re: Falling Down Under Anointing? by joseph1832ng: 4:15am On Oct 03, 2016
Ishilove:
I've fallen a couple of times. The feeling is indescribable smiley. It feels like powerful electricity volts. It jolts your spiritman and your physical senses gets scrambled and loses all cordination. The minister didn't even have to touch me; the power of God flowing through the our midst did the touching. I just staggered backwards, scattered all the chairs in my immediate sorroundings and fell yakata like small pikin.

There I lay, slain in the spirit, speaking in tongues and praising the Lord...hallelujah!!! cheesy

Ooookay, lemme not exaggerate... grin

I lay, a writhing mass, slain in the spirit for a couple of minutes. When I recovered, I dusted my body, staggered back to my seat and sat in sober silence for the rest of the service embarassed
Like seriously? Slain in the spirit? This has never happened to me, even though I stood among people who were 'slain' in the spirit.

It's one big class act.
Re: Falling Down Under Anointing? by Ishilove: 4:25am On Oct 03, 2016
joseph1832ng:
Like seriously? Slain in the spirit? This has never happened to me, even though I stood among people who were 'slain' in the spirit.

It's one big class act.
No it isn't. It has happened to me on a couple of occasions so I can categorically state it isn't a 'class act'.
Re: Falling Down Under Anointing? by joseph1832ng: 4:31am On Oct 03, 2016
Ishilove:

No it isn't. It has happened to me on a couple of occasions so I can categorically state it isn't a 'class act'.
Then how come it hasn't happened to me? I've stood among people who fell, but I didn't, perhaps my spirit is more powerful than theirs. grin
Re: Falling Down Under Anointing? by Ishilove: 4:46am On Oct 03, 2016
joseph1832ng:
Then how come it hasn't happened to me? I've stood among people who fell, but I didn't, perhaps my spirit is more powerful than theirs. grin
It's not about spirits being more powerful. Is your spirit more powerful than the Holy Spirit?

It's about yielding, which you haven't. God touches those He pleases, the same way He has mercy on who He pleases.

It's more complex than I can truly explain, but mind you, not all spirits are genuine.
Re: Falling Down Under Anointing? by joseph1832ng: 4:52am On Oct 03, 2016
Ishilove:

It's not about spirits being more powerful. Is your spirit more powerful than the Holy Spirit?

It's about yielding, which you haven't. God touches those He pleases, the same way He has mercy on who He pleases.

It's more complex than I can truly explain, but mind you, not all spirits are genuine.
I've attended churches, and each time this thing happens, I never fall. I even noticed the camera men too don't fall.

The emboldened is my grouse with the christian God. It makes Him seem like a dictator.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

'You Will Marry Next Year'- Adeboye Prays for Single Men Wasting Time (Video) / Ijaw Traditional Worshippers Hold End Of Year Thanksgiving In The River (Photos) / Demons, Angels, Vampires Etc // Extraterresterials, Aliens, Ufos - Same Thing!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.