Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,317 members, 7,815,599 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:04 PM

Falling Down Under Anointing? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Falling Down Under Anointing? (25903 Views)

Does Falling Under Anointing Suggests One Has An Evil Spirit? / Why Always Women Falls Under Anointing And Not Men? / Falling Under Anointing - Hoax, Real Or Hypnosis? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Falling Down Under Anointing? by Glamglam(f): 9:05pm On Aug 15, 2013
Ishilove:
The last one that happened to me was also in Dr Olukoya's programme. That man is a man on fire

Forgive my ignorance. But, please, who is this man of fire called Dr. Olukoya?
Re: Falling Down Under Anointing? by Ishilove: 9:19pm On Aug 15, 2013
Glamglam:

Forgive my ignorance. But, please, who is this man of fire called Dr. Olukoya?
He is the General Overseer, Mountain of Fire and Miracles Ministries, worldwide.
Re: Falling Down Under Anointing? by badmeat(m): 9:21pm On Aug 15, 2013
I wonder y ladies cover their skirt and hold their wrapper any time they start shaking under annointing,how can one be under anointing dey cover skirt make we nor see her pantgrin
Re: Falling Down Under Anointing? by Revolva(m): 9:50pm On Aug 15, 2013
grin grin grin i have never and will never fall. when i was active church goer..back then .....i get odeshi...dem format no go work for me....look i will never allow any man lay hands on my head....to steal my star...
Re: Falling Down Under Anointing? by funkyjms: 9:53pm On Aug 15, 2013
Glamglam:

Wow! Thanks idnoble135...you have thrown so much light into this topic. I hope to share snippets from these to members of my house fellowship because I believe most are questioning this in their minds but haven't had the courage (so to speak) to ask for clarification.

How would one know however if some are falling under anointing or just overwhelmed or generally faking it (sorry to say)? I have also noticed that women are the ones that generally fall a lot! not saying some men don't fall (Frosbel has admitted to falling though he doubts the spirit that possessed him on that occasion lol)

Yeah...I noticed that too... grin
Re: Falling Down Under Anointing? by Goshen360(m): 9:54pm On Aug 15, 2013
Mehn, this topic don waka reach FP. LORD! Lemme see how I can follow up. I have to go through the thread from where I left.
Re: Falling Down Under Anointing? by funkyjms: 9:54pm On Aug 15, 2013
80kobo: Me I don wait tire to fall no show.

It is wa

Mee too oo... grin
Re: Falling Down Under Anointing? by Nobody: 9:56pm On Aug 15, 2013
Goshen360: Mehn, this topic don waka reach FP. LORD! Lemme see how I can follow up. I have to go through the thread from where I left.
I thought you abandoned the thread.
Am really feeling sleepy
Re: Falling Down Under Anointing? by sholikay(m): 10:00pm On Aug 15, 2013
Glamglam: Please can someone shed more light on this topic. The church I attend, every anointing service, the pastor lays his hands on every single member of the congregation. Most people start falling. When I asked a deacon, he said they are falling under the anointing. I don't fall however Does that mean anointing no dey catch me? Lol.

Have you experienced this, are there any Biblical references on this topic. Please share.
Thanks
for u to fall under anoiting,u nid 2 concentrate,take away all burden 4rm ur heart..i bet it with u,u wil receive d urge to fall,just dont resist it..
N.B..dose with d infilling of d holyghost,mostly tends to fall under anoiting,due to d connecting Spirit.
Re: Falling Down Under Anointing? by funkyjms: 10:01pm On Aug 15, 2013
Joey82: as for me, i be cameraman.
i no dey fall under anointing.
if i fall, who go come video others?

Me...I be usher... Mehn...Nat easy to stand at the entrance o cos yu qast dey dodqe those possessed spirits(Yes...those spirits are possessed too! Meaninq possessed square grin) like say you dey dodqe Muhammed Ali's "blow" grin grin
Re: Falling Down Under Anointing? by funkyjms: 10:09pm On Aug 15, 2013
Mr Aboki: Sherimamamama Kikima.

Receive your blessing..

lmao grin
Re: Falling Down Under Anointing? by Goshen360(m): 10:09pm On Aug 15, 2013
idnoble135:
I thought you abandoned the thread.
Am really feeling sleepy

Don't worry, go and sleep. The talk will not finish immediately. I'm a very busy person and I'm still attending to other issues on the computer right now even as I attend to this thread. I will have to read you and others to know know where I'm going to contribute. We don't have to be rigid on our presentation but let's just do the teachings and allow the Spirit of God to minister to readers. I was actually at work and just got home, that's why I was away from the thread for like 8-9 hours...my work schedule.

Go and sleep. You will read me when you wake up and I will be online in the morning like 10am GMT, Nigeria time. We can further the discussion. I will contribute tonight though but you might be deep asleep then because I have to finish other things online first before I sidon berekete for nairaland. cheesy

Thank you.
Re: Falling Down Under Anointing? by funkyjms: 10:11pm On Aug 15, 2013
big head: One of them even bent ma neck backwards for more than 15 minutes claiming to ba calling out some spirits from my soul. By the time he finished I thought the devil was sitting on ma head with a cushion chair cos ma neck and head was so heavy that I had to stay on the ground for almost one hour, and there goes my mum she was like "Thank you Jesus" and on ma mind I was like "mum this is fraud" grin grin

Most of them tell big fat lies.
But I ni blame them sha....
Nig'gas must eat and men of God must eat. But 99% of them do that by brainwashing the unsuspecting public
Re: Falling Down Under Anointing? by Nobody: 10:14pm On Aug 15, 2013
80kobo: Me I don wait tire to fall no show.

It is wa
no be like that my guy. Na Gods power, no be you dey dictate am, and to fall no dey compulsory, just get blessed, falling or not falling doesn't matter and isn't a factor to determine the actual power of the holy spirit.

1 Like

Re: Falling Down Under Anointing? by funkyjms: 10:15pm On Aug 15, 2013
bad meat: I wonder y ladies cover their skirt and hold their wrapper any time they start shaking under annointing,how can one be under anointing dey cover skirt make we nor see her pantgrin

Jex like your name, yu truly ha bad meat
Re: Falling Down Under Anointing? by funkyjms: 10:23pm On Aug 15, 2013
agb2011:
It depends on your level of concentration. Cameramen are too distracted by what they are doing; checking the sounds, visual image, etc. their minds are so preoccupied with what they are doing that their spirit man is not connected.
I've never fallen under anointing before but there was a time that I felt dizzy to the point of staggering. The only way I know how to stop it was by distracting myself mostly by thinking of worldly things like? Immediately, I got control of my body back. I don't know whether it's right to do that or not.

1 Like

Re: Falling Down Under Anointing? by funkyjms: 10:27pm On Aug 15, 2013
tonnieblaise: one certain vigil,wen d pastor was doin deliverance and anointin 4 d sick,i came out cos i was not feelin too well den,almost evry1 dat came out wit me were fallin down unda d aniontin wen d pastor got to me,mehn d pastor use all im strenght,he pushed,turned and was rounding me all around but me claim strong head i no fall,d pastor use all im power until im taya come shake head...lol (the "paito" be like...your case is pathetic) grin

dere was a time local tv stations use 2 air one pastor's healing stuff like dat,and d man of God will just blow breeze and evry1 esp dose in frnt will fall down....i come dey wonder weda d cameraman no dey fall unda anionting
Re: Falling Down Under Anointing? by thorpido(m): 10:28pm On Aug 15, 2013
Ayatullah:

If you want to know the secret of what happened to you that day, get the VIDEO CD of former Pastor Mathew Oyewole, now a Muslim with the name Moshood Oyewole. The title of the VIDEO CD is ISLAM, THE ONLY WAY TO SALVATION.

It's not a new thing to turn from Christianity.The bible already says some will depart.
'They went out from us;but they were not of us:for if they had been of us,they would no doubt have continued with us:but they went out,that they might be made manifest that they were not all of us.'(1 John 2:19).

During the time of Jesus on the earth,some people turned away from Him.'From that time many of His disciples went back,and walked no more with Him'(John 6:66).
Nevertheless,one of them said,..'to whom shall we go?thou hast the words of eternal life(vs 69).
Jesus has the words of eternal life no prophet had.
Jesus is Lord.

1 Like

Re: Falling Down Under Anointing? by Purplebells: 10:42pm On Aug 15, 2013
Go for great Jobs.

Current openings. Get daily job updates, products and services update. Visit: www.purplebells.com

Have fun and go for success.

Special give always, brand new iPad 3, 16 gigabyte, retina display. Going for just N50,000 Naira.

Check out details on www.purplebells.com

Find us on Twitter: @purplejobs1
Re: Falling Down Under Anointing? by funkyjms: 11:00pm On Aug 15, 2013
Glamglam:

What? shocked You made people fall? Can you say if they were mostly female?

Wha dyu mean?cheesy
Re: Falling Down Under Anointing? by shamson: 11:19pm On Aug 15, 2013
BIBLE AT IT BEST.I only hope we are gambling with our next life here.

Acts 2:12-13
12 And they were all amazed, and were in
doubt, saying one to another, What
meaneth this? 13 Others mocking said,
These men are full of new wine.

When you read Ephesians 5 vs 18
18 And be not drunk with wine, wherein is
excess; but be filled with the Spirit
Re: Falling Down Under Anointing? by Musediq66: 11:31pm On Aug 15, 2013
Ishilove: I've fallen a couple of times. The feeling is indescribable smiley. It feels like powerful electricity volts. It jolts your spiritman and your physical senses gets scrambled and loses all cordination. The minister didn't even have to touch me; the power of God flowing through the our midst did the touching. I just staggered backwards, scattered all the chairs in my immediate sorroundings and fell yakata like small pikin.

There I lay, slain in the spirit, speaking in tongues and praising the Lord...hallelujah!!! cheesy

Ooookay, lemme not exaggerate... grin

I lay, a writhing mass, slain in the spirit for a couple of minutes. When I recovered, I dusted my body, staggered back to my seat and sat in sober silence for the rest of the service embarassed
Re: Falling Down Under Anointing? by Musediq66: 11:34pm On Aug 15, 2013
hw u com take recollect u must have larger memory ishilove.i dey hail ooooooooooooooooooo hahahahahaha
Re: Falling Down Under Anointing? by Ayatullah(m): 11:54pm On Aug 15, 2013
thorpido: It's not a new thing to turn from Christianity.The bible already says some will depart.
'They went out from us;but they were not of us:for if they had been of us,they would no doubt have continued with us:but they went out,that they might be made manifest that they were not all of us.'(1 John 2:19).

During the time of Jesus on the earth,some people turned away from Him.'From that time many of His disciples went back,and walked no more with Him'(John 6:66).
Nevertheless,one of them said,..'to whom shall we go?thou hast the words of eternal life(vs 69).
Jesus has the words of eternal life no prophet had.
Jesus is Lord.

Indeed some will depart and they have departed for the REAL Eternal Life, like Yvonne Ridley, a British Journalist who converted to Islam after being held captive by the Taliban during the USA invasion of Afghanistan, working as a reporter for the 'Sunday Express' in September, 2001. For her very interesting story, Google search,YVONNE RIDLEY: FROM CAPTIVE TO CONVERT.
Re: Falling Down Under Anointing? by Mekanze: 12:18am On Aug 16, 2013
Umunnem how do you this comment from
Mohd Abubakar on imo state youth post
concerning FFK.
Mohd Abubakar
Its glaring dat igbo ladies are the best.
Hardworking, brilliant, neat unlike yoruba
women pigs, and most of it all most
beautiful set in Nigeria. Femi could not
forget this memory all this years even after
marrying 1st, 2nd, and now 3rd wife. Its
obvious that the relationship he has had
with an igbo lady would not allow him
bring up a family. No wonder; how can a
man who cannot govern his family be able
to govern his tongue, desire and dick. Its a
shame, a show of indiscipline, regrettably
lugrubulus that this minority would still
find a space within the nigerian leadership.
I thereby regard him(femi) as a fool, a
nonentity, coward who thinks that
education is wisdom. This man with all his
portfolio is a nobody cos
1. He is a failure before God- unfaithful
steward as regards marital vows.
Remember a man dat cannot take care of
his family is worst than an infidel
2. He is a shameless entity meaning name
of persons he had fornication with some
yrs back publicly
for this acts, femi kayode u are an
INFIDEL, OR BETTER STILL A slowpoke. One
of the mistake we will do as nigerians is to
take his words to hrt. From my opinion i
think Nigeria need to split
Re: Falling Down Under Anointing? by ARareGem(f): 12:23am On Aug 16, 2013
Have you considered that maybe you haven't fallen under the anointing simply because you refuse to?
Re: Falling Down Under Anointing? by Nobody: 12:23am On Aug 16, 2013
Abeg all these falling down under annointing stuff na wash! angry
Re: Falling Down Under Anointing? by kimco(m): 2:09am On Aug 16, 2013
bayodaniel: @frosbel,didnt u read in ur bible when they went to arrest jesus that that fell after he said "here am i".
Yeaaaaaaaah.....i don't really think the people actually fell to the ground when Jesus said ''here i am''. The word ''fell'' could be a replacement word for ''taken aback'' or ''stagger''. Cos the troops and people had come to get Jesus in anger and full force but when he had readily shown himself when they inquired of him, they staggered, were taken aback by his bravery and annointing .They were not falling and writhing like the severed tail of a wall geko.

1 Like

Re: Falling Down Under Anointing? by Goshen360(m): 2:35am On Aug 16, 2013
superior1: The physical manifestation of the Holy Spirit in the Apostles on the day of pentecost was such that some of the Jews concluded the Apostles were drunk, Peter had to tell them they weren't (He even told them It was too early to drink so they could believe him this further proving there were signs of intoxication among the Apostles). A drunk man is likely to fall, stagger, shout, dance etc

Acts 2:12-13
12 And they were all amazed, and were in doubt, saying one to another, What meaneth this? 13 Others mocking said, These men are full of new wine.

When you read Ephesians 5 vs 18
18 And be not drunk with wine, wherein is excess; but be filled with the Spirit

You will see Paul making a statement that suggest it is possible to be drunk in the Holy Spirit

There are divers manifestation of the Holy Spirit, falling under the Holy Spirit is part of it(it doesn't however mean some ministers and members don't fake it. It also doesn't mean all falling can be ascribed to the Holy Spirit)

I have sat under ministration were men of calm nature (people who do not have any reason to want to fake anything) suddenly started laughing, jumping, falling etc. These are professionals who are not even members of the ministry!!

LWKMD!!!

The scripture is very clear. The passage you referring to says, Peter told them they weren't drunk and that explains the other side that the other people where simply mocking the Holy Spirit that came on them as a fire to refer to what happened as though the Apostles were drunk. When the Holy Spirit came on them like a fire, did the Apostles falls flat or were they knocked down? Who was laying hands on who (in the case of the Apostles) for anyone to fall?
Re: Falling Down Under Anointing? by Goshen360(m): 2:57am On Aug 16, 2013
superior1:

Acts 6:6
They presented these men to the apostles, who prayed and laid their hands on them.

1 Timothy 4:14
Do not neglect your gift, which was given you through prophecy when the body of elders laid their hands on you

2 Timothy 1:6
6For this reason I remind you to kindle afresh the gift of God which is in you through the laying on of my hands.

Laying of hands is very scriptural and useful in dedication, commission and impartation of the anointing

Some ministers do get it wrong in their manner of ministeration. I remember reading somewhere how Benny Hinn got rebuked by an elder to stop throwing his suit at people to impart them with the anointing. We can't however throw away the baby with bath water. Ministers do lay hand on people asking for Holy Spirit impartation or commissioning them for the work of the ministry. It is very scriptural.

1 Timothy 4:14
Do not neglect your gift, which was given you through prophecy when the body of elders laid their hands on you

2 Timothy 1:6
6For this reason I remind you to kindle afresh the gift of God which is in you through the laying on of my hands.

No, i disagree on this. On the day of Pentecost like i stated earlier, we have reasons to believe the Apostles got DRUNK with the anointing and the impartation of the Holy Spirit so much some Jews said they have taken NEW wine (New wine most probably intoxicates more). If the Apostles were merely speaking divers of languages and conducted themselves properly, they wont be called drunk men (talkless of being drunk with new wine). A drunk man do not only fall but roll on the floor, stagger, laugh etc.

Acts 2
13 Others mocking said, These men are full of new wine.

One of the attributes of the Holy Spirit that we can deduce from the bible is that He Manifests, He shows His presence and He cant be limited to human explanation of being poised.

Acts 2
1 And when the day of Pentecost was fully come, they were all with one accord in one place. 2 And suddenly there came a sound from heaven as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled all the house where they were sitting.

To Elijah, He came like a still small voice but on the day of Pentecost, he came like the rushing of a MIGHTY wind,
1. Rush

2. Mighty wind

3. With audible sound
In today's vocab, we will say He descended like a Tsunami That is sure different from Elijah's experience and yet it is the same Holy Spirit.

I have split you comments into 3 and will respond according.

1. You quotes where the Apostles laid hands on the men appointed - did we read those men were knocked down? I'm not disputing laying of hand here but we discussing falling down, so called falling under anointing or slain in the spirit.

2. Again, I'm not disputing laying on of hand to impart spiritual gifts and commission people for ministry but when such is done, does it say men that hands was laid on start to fall and somersault?

3. Again, you are reading Acts 2 in the superlative. The men were mocking them. If Peter could stand up and say they (the Apostles) were NOT drunk; it means they WERE NOT DRUNK neither their acts turned loosed. It means the statement of those around was a mockery statement. If you saying a drunk man staggers, laughs etc. If they were drunk in real life, Peter would have been the first to lie in that scene.
Re: Falling Down Under Anointing? by Goshen360(m): 3:06am On Aug 16, 2013
idnoble135: @Goshen, you talked about asking the Holy Spirit to move.
Though i dont do that, i dont have any problem with that.
In Gen 1, we are told the Spirit of God moved.
"....And the Spirit of God moved over the surface of the deep" Gen 1:2
We clearly know that the Spirit of God is also omnipresent. Psalm 139:7. So why did the Spirit had to move even though He was present? Because, that is what precede any great work or blessing that God would do. God did not say anything till the Spirit moved. And it is important to note that it is move of the Spirit that started the creation process. So it is safe to say, if our meetings would yield great fruits, the Spirit of God must be given liberty. Some pastors can say, "Spirit move...." a thousand times. To me, nothing is wrong with that. I see it as an invitation to the Spirit of God to have His course in the meeting. And some pastors dont need to say such. But we must bear in mind that God relates with us all in diverse yet impartial way.

When Pastors say things such as Holy Spirit MOOOOOVEEEEE. Such is to tell the Holy Spirit at their (pastor's) will rather than the Spirit's will.

New Living Translation
It is the one and only Spirit who distributes all these gifts. He alone decides which gift each person should have. 1 Corinthians 12:11

New Living Translation
And God confirmed the message by giving signs and wonders and various miracles and gifts of the Holy Spirit whenever he chose. Hebrews 2:4

The gifts and its manifestation is not in the hand of the pastor or carrier to deceives when such gift functions, but the Holy Spirit decides. That ^ up there is scriptures for you.
Re: Falling Down Under Anointing? by Goshen360(m): 3:15am On Aug 16, 2013
idnoble135: @Goshen, we can use the word anointing and power interchangeably. Because bible also uses the word "power" in the description that it is in us. Ephe 3:20.
So like i said, the old testament experienced the anointing upon because the Power of God came upon them to achieve some extra ordinary feat like samson or to prophesy like the old prophets of old.
And in the new testament also, the anointing dwells in us which is far greater than that of the old testament because the anointing dwells in us. I use the word greater because the anointing in us abides in us forever, unlike that of the old testament whereby the anointing comes upon them for a season.
Having said this, i would now refer us to James 5:16b, which says, "The
earnest (heartfelt, continued) prayer of
a righteous man
makes tremendous
power available
[dynamic in its
working]".
So you see, it talks about some thing different. We know the power of God is in us. But we here we are told that we need to tarry in prayer to access this power. This brings it me that, the ability of the old testament(i.e) the anointing that was talked about is still available. We did not need to do anything to recieve the anointing within(provided we are believers), but we are told we would tarry in prayer to access the anointing upon.
So this indicates two levels of empowerment.
Jesus himself recieved the Holy Spirit. Luke 3:22. But he went to the wilderness again to fast and pray. And then, note what the scripture says, "And Jesus returned in the power of the Spirit". Luke 4:14
The anointing upon is vital for those who have recieved a special ministry(like the ministry Paul talked about in Col 4:17) of the Lord.
So that explains that the anointing is within us. But there is also a special anointing(that of the old testament) also that is still relevant to our time.
*still typing*

As I meditate to discuss this topic with you, the LORD wanted me to ask you these questions:

1. Why do you need two anointing - the one upon and the one within?

2. What does the anointing coming upon does that the one within does not do?

3. What did Christ meant when he said, "out of your belly shall flow rivers of living waters"?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Why It Is Wrong To Tell Nigerians To Dump God Because Of The Prosperity In China / 'You Will Marry Next Year'- Adeboye Prays for Single Men Wasting Time (Video) / Ijaw Traditional Worshippers Hold End Of Year Thanksgiving In The River (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.