Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,451 members, 7,816,050 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:01 AM

Falling Down Under Anointing? - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Falling Down Under Anointing? (25912 Views)

Does Falling Under Anointing Suggests One Has An Evil Spirit? / Why Always Women Falls Under Anointing And Not Men? / Falling Under Anointing - Hoax, Real Or Hypnosis? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Falling Down Under Anointing? by Goshen360(m): 3:21am On Aug 16, 2013
idnoble135: And then, to add, the anointing is strong. The glory is awesome.
It is possible to fall under the anointing. The power could be so strong that people fall, because many a time, the anointing comes so strongly that you just can stand it. Its that tangible!
Look at Daniel, he had a taste of the anointing and could not stand it. In his words, he said, "there remained no strength in me..... then i was in a deep sleep sleep on my face and my face towards the ground". He could not stand the power. Read up the story in Daniel chapter 10.
Then, lets make comparison. The three synoptic gospel contains the account of the transfiguration on the mount.
Check the scriptures in Matthew 17, Mark 9 from verse 2, and Luke 9, starting from verse 28. And we are told that the glory overshadowed them.
Literally telling us, that they were enveloped in the anointing. And we have a feel of it by Jesus himself. And with this, we may say it was something regular that happened in the ministry of Jesus.
The gospel of st. John tells us that when Jesus was to be arrested, a brief conversation came up. It goes thus:
"4 Jesus, knowing all that was going to happen to him, went
out and asked them, “Who is
it you want?”
5 “Jesus of Nazareth,” they replied. “I am he,” Jesus said. (And
Judas the traitor was standing there with them.) 6 When Jesus said, “I am he,” they
drew back and fell to the
ground." (NIV).
Did you read that? Bible said said they fell to the ground. That means, something did happen. The soldiers could not have fallen to the ground just like that. They did not come to play. And observe the word "FELL".
So thats it bro, falling under the anointing is real and is for us today.

The people that fell, are they Christians? After they fell, did that change anything or they still went ahead to carry out their evil intentions to betray\arrest Christ? They weren't Christians and like I said, you will never find Christians in scriptures falling not nothing. They (Christians) are the carrier of the anointing, they don't fall like crazy! Why don't the men of God themselves that claims to carry this anointing upon them also fall - they should be the one falling since they are the ones the anointing is coming upon first. All people Jesus delivered, were possessed and could do anything like falling into fire, cutting themselves, harm themselves - such is not said of Christians.
Re: Falling Down Under Anointing? by Goshen360(m): 3:37am On Aug 16, 2013
idnoble135: And then, i'd add this finally. Falling under the anointing can happen in three ways. I would use a bible illustration to explain what i mean.
Paul was called of God to preach the goodnews. He is of God. This is the first category. So, falling under the anointing can be of God.
But some people preached another gospel, foreign to that of the Lord Jesus. Gal 1:8-9. Thats of the devil, its a fake of the real thing. This section could also be likened that some of the "falling under the anointing" are by diabolical means.
Then next, some preached, not because they felt God leading them to, or because the devil commissioned them. It is out of their own will. Phil 1:15,16.
Can we say because there are some gospels that are of the devil or preached by men, we should abandon the gospel altogether? No! Same way with "falling under the anointing".
Paul talked about the "demonstration of the Spirit and of power". 1 Cor 2:4. He also talks about the "manifestation of the Spirit". 1 COR 12:7.
The Spirit of God can manifest as He pleases. Dont try to put the Spirit into your box of reasoning. Dont try to set up defined ways that you expect Him to operate.
And to add, many people would often criticize what they have not experience. Rather than just criticizing, lets go back and wait on the Lord. He will reveal Himself to us.

Like I said, I'm never against manifestation\demonstration and gifts of the Spirit but does that include knocking believers down every now and then? When Christians are FILLED with the Spirit, the evidence is what was listed as the result or FRUITS of the Spirit and among such is SELF control, Galatians 5:22-23 . It is not even the Holy Spirit that controls you but you yourSELF controlling yourself by the help of the Holy Spirit - that's why it is called SELF control.

You will NEVER read the Holy Spirit COME UPON in the New Testament aside from the book of Acts (Acts being a transitional book). In this case, transition from the Spirit COMING UPON to the Spirit being within. You read Peter being FILLED with the Holy Spirit in the same Acts 4:8. Can Holy Spirit coming UPON do a FILLING? The Holy Spirit coming upon is for specific purpose and when such purpose is accomplished in the OT, the Spirit departs. That's not the case with the NT, He resides within and operates\flow from within and does not knock us down.
Re: Falling Down Under Anointing? by Glamglam(f): 4:53am On Aug 16, 2013
Goshen360:

The people that fell, are they Christians? After they fell, did that change anything or they still went ahead to carry out their evil intentions to betray\arrest Christ? They weren't Christians and like I said, you will never find Christians in scriptures falling not nothing. They (Christians) are the carrier of the anointing, they don't fall like crazy! Why don't the men of God themselves that claims to carry this anointing upon them also fall - they should be the one falling since they are the ones the anointing is coming upon first. All people Jesus delivered, were possessed and could do anything like falling into fire, cutting themselves, harm themselves - such is not said of Christians.

So you are saying, Christians are not meant to fall under anointing? But during deliverance, the possessed could do all manner of things?

Also, it's quite interesting how you interpreted Acts 2 saying the Apostles were not acting drunk. Really the Bible can be interpreted in different ways to different readers
Re: Falling Down Under Anointing? by easik: 5:02am On Aug 16, 2013
As a Wise man once said, All of Dem Na juju.
Re: Falling Down Under Anointing? by solomon111(m): 5:27am On Aug 16, 2013
SimonAndal:
The camera guy never falls.
why should the cameramen fall when he is not praying or connected to the holyspirit?
You think the holyspirit just fall upon anybody?
Even the members of the congregation that are not concentrating, hardly feel the presence of the holyspirit,let alone the cameraman that is just there to do a job.
Re: Falling Down Under Anointing? by Nobody: 5:33am On Aug 16, 2013
Goshen360:

As I meditate to discuss this topic with you, the LORD wanted me to ask you these questions:

1. Why do you need two anointing - the one upon and the one within?

2. What does the anointing coming upon does that the one within does not do?

3. What did Christ meant when he said, "out of your belly shall flow rivers of living waters"?
1. I already addressed what the two anointing does. Care to re read that post?
2. The anointing within is what makes the Christian experience easier for us. Its is vital for our personal work of faith. Phil 2:13, 1 John 2:27. The anointing upon however is necessary to when one is to carry out a special ministry that is recieved of the Lord. I already used Our Lord Jesus Christ as an instance. Acts 10:38, gives you further clue.
3. The passage you quote is John 7:37-38. And scripture makes what the Lord meant clear in the next verse, verse 39.
I think these three questions were already dealt with in my previous post.
Re: Falling Down Under Anointing? by Nobody: 5:40am On Aug 16, 2013
Goshen360:

Sir, i just gave you three biblical instances. You might dispute it, but they come from the scriptures. And necessary to know that the old testament is still relevant. Infact, people like Paul relied on it to communicate to the Jews he wanted to lead to Christ. So the experience you try to debunk and that happened in the ministry of Jesus. If it happened in the ministry of Jesus, is it not clear that it is also for us?
Jesus himself said, "Truly, truly, I say to you, he who
believes in Me, the
works that I do, he
will do ALSO;". He makes it clear that there is nothing he did that is not for us(that we can not do). If that was where the Master stopped, i could have been content. We might have reason to doubt His word.
But he now brings up something too big for the religious mind, He took it higher than that. He added, "and
greater works than
these he will do; because I go to the
Father". John 14:12.
Dont worry sir. You dont have to accept it. Some saints do not believe in speaking in tongues, yet it is real. And we enjoy the benefit here on earth. And we shall all make the same heaven.
You might not also believe it, but it does not change the existence.
Re: Falling Down Under Anointing? by Nobody: 5:58am On Aug 16, 2013
Like i earlier said, i do not do it. And i find nothing wrong with it. I shall not try convince anyone on this because i do not do it.
However, i want to bring to your understanding that the Holy Spirit is a respecter of timing. Whatsoever He does, He does at the right time. There was the timing he had to descend upon Jesus. He had to wait till the baptism was done.
In this manner, i would want to add, that like i said earlier, i believe its an invitation to the Holy Spirit. You made it clear that the Holy Ghost acts at will. I agree. If the Holy Ghost acts at will, then so does the Father and the Son because they share the same attributes.
Now, Jesus acted at will but there is this thing called compassion that made him do some healings. Not because he was coerced to, but because of the plea of the People.
If Jesus could also do that, then it becomes clear that the Holy Spirit would do same. Because Jesus said here, "And I will pray the Father, and he
shall give you
ANOTHER Comforter,
that he may abide
with you for ever". John 14:16. Now the greek word used for the another there is "allos" meaning another of the same kind. Bible could have used "heteros" which is another of a different kind but Jesus used "allos". Making it clear that the Holy Spirit is just like Him.
So if Jesus would do healings because of the crying of the people, it should not be a big thing to invite the Holy Spirit to move. Infact, we have more reasons to expect it because if Jesus honoured the invitation he was given to heal, how much more wont the Holy Spirit respond to we the saints for whom Jesus died?
Like i said, some do it. I dont. But that does not mean the Holy Spirit ignores such. And some dont need to do it and the same Spirit manifests. We christians are not the same. And God relates with us on different yet impartial levels.
Re: Falling Down Under Anointing? by InvertedHammer: 6:06am On Aug 16, 2013
Ishilove: I've fallen a couple of times. The feeling is indescribable smiley. It feels like powerful electricity volts. It jolts your spiritman and your physical senses gets scrambled and loses all cordination. The minister didn't even have to touch me; the power of God flowing through the our midst did the touching. I just staggered backwards, scattered all the chairs in my immediate sorroundings and fell yakata like small pikin.

There I lay, slain in the spirit, speaking in tongues and praising the Lord...hallelujah!!! cheesy

Ooookay, lemme not exaggerate... grin

I lay, a writhing mass, slain in the spirit for a couple of minutes. When I recovered, I dusted my body, staggered back to my seat and sat in sober silence for the rest of the service embarassed

[size=14pt]BUL.SH.T!!![/size]

1 Like

Re: Falling Down Under Anointing? by BB013(m): 6:14am On Aug 16, 2013
This just brought am incident that happened on the cross over night..
Was there to do the cross over in an Anglican church. So the pastor said we shld come with candles, few minutes to cross over there began an anointing blah blah... a lady next to me fell under the anointing den suddenly her Brazilian hair wemt up in flames was surprised how someone that was in the spirit as some would say hurriedly woke up under split of sec to put out the fire on her Brazilian hair.. grin grin grin

I guess her Brazilian hair was more important than the anointing she fell under undecided undecided
Re: Falling Down Under Anointing? by Nobody: 6:16am On Aug 16, 2013
Goshen360:

Like I said, I'm never against manifestation\demonstration and gifts of the Spirit but does that include knocking believers down every now and then? When Christians are FILLED with the Spirit, the evidence is what was listed as the result or FRUITS of the Spirit and among such is SELF control, Galatians 5:22-23 . It is not even the Holy Spirit that controls you but you yourSELF controlling yourself by the help of the Holy Spirit - that's why it is called SELF control.

You will NEVER read the Holy Spirit COME UPON in the New Testament aside from the book of Acts (Acts being a transitional book). In this case, transition from the Spirit COMING UPON to the Spirit being within. You read Peter being FILLED with the Holy Spirit in the same Acts 4:8. Can Holy Spirit coming UPON do a FILLING? The Holy Spirit coming upon is for specific purpose and when such purpose is accomplished in the OT, the Spirit departs. That's not the case with the NT, He resides within and operates\flow from within and does not knock us down.
Need to clarify this. Recieving the Holy Spirit(what is called being baptized in the Spirit) is different from being filled with the Holy Spirit..
The earlier happens once. While the later is to be a continous process that is dependent on us. And i hope you understand that already.
Now, the fruits of the Spirit are not what shows being filled with the Spirit but what stands(because fruits can mean evidence). The fruits of the Spirit are evidences that are expressed in the indwelling of the Spirit. Ok... So thats clear!
And like i said, you can not put the manifestations of the Holy Spirit in a box of reasoning. Some things the Holy Spirit does might happen just once in the scripture. Not because He did not do it but because He chose it to be so. Eg, only once did a man ever disappear and then reappear in another place. And that happened to only Philip. And he was not an apostle. But who says it can not happen. The Holy Spirit would do such if it so pleases Him.
Now, i gave you instances in the Scripture. And the God of the old testament is still the God of the new testament. The Father of our Lord Jesus Christ is still our God. Thats why He is called "the ancient of days". He said "I am He who was and is and is to come". Rev 1:8. He is If God did those things then, he can do it again. "I am the LORD, i change not". Mal 3:6.
"Jesus Christ, thesame, yesterday, today and forever." Heb 13:8
If God did it then, we can still expect Him to do it again.
Re: Falling Down Under Anointing? by Nobody: 6:24am On Aug 16, 2013
Goshen360:

And the incident of the soldiers was not deliverance brother cheesy
And you know, i guess you oppose strongly it because it has not happened to you. Go back and tarry in the place of prayer. Then you will understand.
The man John Wesley did not believe in this. But soon as the revival began which was preceded by his long solitary prayers, such manifestations began to occur. Read his writings, he never even tried to make it happen. Most of them fell while he preached. And he had his reservations about this but he said he would not want to condemn what was done or encourage it. So many times, he just preached and they fell. What brought about it, the intense moments of prayer. Go back and pray bro. You shall have a similar experience. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Falling Down Under Anointing? by Nobody: 6:36am On Aug 16, 2013
And you said this:

You will NEVER read the Holy
Spirit COME UPON in the New
Testament aside from the
book of Acts (Acts being a
transitional book). In this
case, transition from the Spirit COMING UPON to the
Spirit being within. You read
Peter being FILLED with the Holy Spirit in the same Acts
4:8. Can Holy Spirit coming
UPON do a FILLING? The Holy
Spirit coming upon is for
specific purpose and when
such purpose is accomplished in the OT, the Spirit departs.
That's not the case with the
NT, He resides within and
operates\flow from within
and does not knock us down.
Oh yeah? Acts? A transitional book? No! I disagree. The book is filled with principles and patterns that churches everywhere should follow. Its not a transitional book. You might as well try calling the four gospels transitional books. But Acts of Apostles is not.
I do not argue that the anointing is is within us. I already explained that but you still dont seem to accept it. But could you then explain this scripture,
"The
earnest (heartfelt, continued) prayer of
a righteous man
makes tremendous
power available
[dynamic in its
working]." James 5:16b AMP
1. Why is prayer necessary here?
2. Why does it use the word "avialable"? Does that not mean it was not at avialable at first?
3. Why did the Bible use the word "continued" in the prayer there?
4. Why is it that its this power that is dynamic in its working?
5. This scripture is in the new testament. But from the context, does it refer to the anointing within?
6. If yes, how?
Re: Falling Down Under Anointing? by thorpido(m): 6:36am On Aug 16, 2013
Ayatullah:

Indeed some will depart and they have departed for the REAL Eternal Life, like Yvonne Ridley, a British Journalist who converted to Islam after being held captive by the Taliban during the USA invasion of Afghanistan, working as a reporter for the 'Sunday Express' in September, 2001. For her very interesting story, Google search,YVONNE RIDLEY: FROM CAPTIVE TO CONVERT.

Listen to yourself....she was held captive and she converted.
How was islam spread by Muhammed and how was it spread by Uthman dan Fodio in northern Nigeria?Was it not by the sword?Holding people captive and subdueing them to accept islam?You don't expect people to convert under such conditions?

1 Like

Re: Falling Down Under Anointing? by thorpido(m): 6:45am On Aug 16, 2013
idnoble135: And you said this:

Oh yeah? Acts? A transitional book? No! I disagree. The book is filled with principles and patterns that churches everywhere should follow. Its not a transitional book. You might as well try calling the four gospels transitional books. But Acts of Apostles is not.
I do not argue that the anointing is is within us. I already explained that but you still dont seem to accept it. But could you then explain this scripture,
"The
earnest (heartfelt, continued) prayer of
a righteous man
makes tremendous
power available
[dynamic in its
working]." James 5:16b AMP
1. Why is prayer necessary here?
2. Why does it use the word "available"? Does that not mean it was not at available at first?
3. Why did the Bible use the word "continued" in the prayer there?
4. Why is it that its this power that is dynamic in its working?
5. This scripture is in the new testament. But from the context, does it refer to the anointing within?
6. If yes, how?
idnoble135...all these guys believe in Jesus but they have not yet yielded themselves fully to the Holy Spirit to experience His diverse workings.They still like nominal Christians want to box Him in a corner and think they know all He can do.They have not yet understood that with the Holy Spirit anything can happen!
Re: Falling Down Under Anointing? by Nobody: 6:58am On Aug 16, 2013
thorpido: idnoble135...all these guys believe in Jesus but they have not yet yielded themselves fully to the Holy Spirit to experience His diverse workings.They still like nominal Christians want to box Him in a corner and think they know all He can do.They have not yet understood that with the Holy Spirit anything can happen!
its often difficult abandoning some beliefs we grew up with even when we are shown the scripture. With time, the Holy Spirit will bring it clearer to them. Its a process and God is never in a hurry.
Re: Falling Down Under Anointing? by hardbody: 8:57am On Aug 16, 2013
superior1: The physical manifestation of the Holy Spirit in the Apostles on the day of pentecost was such that some of the Jews concluded the Apostles were drunk, Peter had to tell them they weren't (He even told them It was too early to drink so they could believe him this further proving there were signs of intoxication among the Apostles). A drunk man is likely to fall, stagger, shout, dance etc

Acts 2:12-13
12 And they were all amazed, and were in doubt, saying one to another, What meaneth this? 13 Others mocking said, These men are full of new wine.

When you read Ephesians 5 vs 18
18 And be not drunk with wine, wherein is excess; but be filled with the Spirit

You will see Paul making a statement that suggest it is possible to be drunk in the Holy Spirit

There are divers manifestation of the Holy Spirit, falling under the Holy Spirit is part of it(it doesn't however mean some ministers and members don't fake it. It also doesn't mean all falling can be ascribed to the Holy Spirit)

I have sat under ministration were men of calm nature (people who do not have any reason to want to fake anything) suddenly started laughing, jumping, falling etc. These are professionals who are not even members of the ministry!!

Well said. Are you also aware that the bible portion said that visitors to Jerusalem were amazed that they were understanding the languages spoken by the 120 who were under the influence of the holy spirit. Today, when you people start what you call scabbashing, who in the congregation understands it? Not even the 'drunk' making those silly noises understands what he/she is saying. Let me also inform you that the purpose for that outpouring of the holy spirit then was to help propagate the good news of christianity. Recall that Jesus had recently ascended back to his father and promised he was going to send them a helper. That helper amongst other things was to help in the propagation of the ministy which as at then was at its earliest infancy. The visitors to Jerusalem during that Pentecost were able to hear the good news first hand and then also take the contents away while returning to their bases.

WORD
Re: Falling Down Under Anointing? by hardbody: 9:08am On Aug 16, 2013
Again you guys will quote the bible and say Jesus said he is the way the truth and the life. I do agree. But my question is, do you have versions of truths? why are all you supposed christians misunderstanding or misinterpreting God's word? Did you not all read that he is not a God of confusion? So why are you all confused or sounding it. Is it becoming clear now why neither moslems no atheists believe in your genuiness?

I am practical christian and i understand the Bible because i research. I do not rely in what one man of God told me. In Thessalonians, Paul said the people in Borea were constantly examining the scriptures to affirm that what they are taught is the truth. All you guys here writing rely on is what your 'fraud' of a Man of God said. SMH for gullible Nigerians
Re: Falling Down Under Anointing? by Nobody: 9:27am On Aug 16, 2013
Though some people can fake it, falling under power is scriptural. Open your bible to REVELATION 1:17, MATT 28:4,MARK 9:26 to 27. Sometimes d human spirit coming in contact with God's glory or anointing,might not be able to withstand d overpowering force of d Holy Spirit. So he falls.

2 Likes

Re: Falling Down Under Anointing? by zarkknight(m): 9:51am On Aug 16, 2013
Mo fall ti...
Re: Falling Down Under Anointing? by Goshen360(m): 10:54am On Aug 16, 2013
Glamglam:

So you are saying, Christians are not meant to fall under anointing? But during deliverance, the possessed could do all manner of things?

Also, it's quite interesting how you interpreted Acts 2 saying the Apostles were not acting drunk. Really the Bible can be interpreted in different ways to different readers

So you are saying, Christians are not meant to fall under anointing?

Who is a Christian and what spirit is knocking a Christian down? What I'm saying here is simple - A Christian can consciously bow down in worship to God, cry tear...of joy, roll on the floor etc as the Holy Spirit leads but some spirit knocking a Christian down? Why would the Holy Spirit knock you down? For what reason? Those I found being knocked down in scriptures are demon possessed and unbelievers, not Christians.

But during deliverance, the possessed could do all manner of things?

This is where we have issues. I don't believe neither do I accept the teachings that Christians can have the Holy Spirit in them and at the same time be possessed by demons. That's an insult to the Holy Spirit and the finished works of Christ. I'm not talking about just a church goer or and unbelievers but a Christian. A Christian is already DELIVERED and then not left empty but now the Holy Spirit reside within.

Who hath deliverED us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son. Colossians 1:13

If they were LITERALLY drunk with wine or ogogoro, then Peter lied under the Holy Spirit. The people around didn't understand what was happening to the Apostle and hence, they 'assume' it to be drunkenness. If you're saying the Apostles were literally drunk with wine or ogogoro, then you validate with scriptures.

New International Version
Some, however, made fun of them and said, "They have had too much wine."

New Living Translation
But others in the crowd ridiculed them, saying, "They're just drunk, that's all!"

English Standard Version
But others mocking said, “They are filled with new wine.”

New American Standard Bible
But others were mocking and saying, "They are full of sweet wine."

Acts 2:13

AND Peter said, replying to their mockery,

New International Version
Then Peter stood up with the Eleven, raised his voice and addressed the crowd: "Fellow Jews and all of you who live in Jerusalem, let me explain this to you; listen carefully to what I say. These people are not drunk, as you suppose. It's only nine in the morning! Acts 2:14-15

If the Apostles were LITERALLY drunk, then Peter and the scriptures lied. Those were mockery statement not the actual that the disciples were drunk. That's not my own 'interpretation' but what it is and written in scripture. You have it ^ up there.
Re: Falling Down Under Anointing? by Goshen360(m): 10:58am On Aug 16, 2013
@ idnoble135,

I will attend to ALL your post when I return from work today again - you're taking much of time from me to attend tothis topic but it's okay. At least we are teaching and looking at scriptures together. I will have enough time for you and your post but it's going to be like same time of yesterday. You might be getting ready to go to bed when I'm ready to explain with scriptures. If I start replying now at this time where I reside, I will be late for work. Enjoy Your Friday!
Re: Falling Down Under Anointing? by Ishilove: 11:12am On Aug 16, 2013
InvertedHammer:

[size=14pt]BUL.SH.T!!![/size]
How colourful

1 Like

Re: Falling Down Under Anointing? by Nobody: 11:22am On Aug 16, 2013
@Goshen, issokay. But it wont do any good trying to unlearn me what i know wink cheesy
You too have a great friday!
Re: Falling Down Under Anointing? by Goshen360(m): 11:24am On Aug 16, 2013
idnoble135: @Goshen, issokay. But it wont do any good trying to unlearn me what i know wink cheesy
You too have a great friday!

LOLZ. It means you don't have open mind on discussing issues. You believe what you know is what is right and so do I. Then we have to look at it together with an open mind. Anyway, I will still reply when I return from work.
Re: Falling Down Under Anointing? by Nobody: 11:27am On Aug 16, 2013
Goshen360:

LOLZ. It means you don't have open mind on discussing issues. You believe what you know is what is right and so do I. Then we have to look at it together with an open mind. Anyway, I will still reply when I return from work.
Dont worry bro. grin My case is like that of Paul... How shall he unlearn what he learnt from the Lord Himself? cheesy
Re: Falling Down Under Anointing? by Joagbaje(m): 12:20pm On Aug 16, 2013
Glamglam: Please can someone shed more light on this topic. The church I attend, every anointing service, the pastor lays his hands on every single member of the congregation. Most people start falling. When I asked a deacon, he said they are falling under the anointing. I don't fall however Does that mean anointing no dey catch me? Lol.

Have you experienced this, are there any Biblical references on this topic. Please share.
Thanks

It's not true that every body falls , some people may not experience it. Some can fall during prayers , some can only fall when hands are laid on them. The fall is a manifestation of the power of God when it comes upon a person . Either to heal ,cast out devils , etc. the modern day revival of it started with baptist church . But it's a biblical experience.

Mark 9:26
And after giving a [hoarse, clamoring, fear- stricken] shriek of anguish and convulsing him terribly, it came out; and the boy lay [pale and motionless] like a corpse, so that many of them said, He is dead.

1 Like

Re: Falling Down Under Anointing? by Dygeasy(m): 1:58pm On Aug 16, 2013
Ishilove:
How colourful
gringringrin
Re: Falling Down Under Anointing? by Infomizer(m): 2:40pm On Aug 16, 2013
What's up with the camera men and catchers, especially in the case of 'contactless' anointing? Is anointing selective?
Re: Falling Down Under Anointing? by johnkenn5t(m): 2:43pm On Aug 16, 2013
Real sometimes
Re: Falling Down Under Anointing? by Chamber10(m): 3:34pm On Aug 16, 2013
Only a man who is filled with the Holy spirit will understand the things of the spirit

3 Likes

Re: Falling Down Under Anointing? by thorpido(m): 4:48pm On Aug 16, 2013
hardbody: Again you guys will quote the bible and say Jesus said he is the way the truth and the life. I do agree. But my question is, do you have versions of truths? why are all you supposed christians misunderstanding or misinterpreting God's word? Did you not all read that he is not a God of confusion? So why are you all confused or sounding it. Is it becoming clear now why neither moslems no atheists believe in your genuiness?

I am practical christian and i understand the Bible because i research. I do not rely in what one man of God told me. In Thessalonians, Paul said the people in Borea were constantly examining the scriptures to affirm that what they are taught is the truth. All you guys here writing rely on is what your 'fraud' of a Man of God said. SMH for gullible Nigerians
You could be a Christian,but from your post it shows you lack humility and you are low in spiritual understanding.Christians are not all at the same level of understanding of the word and spiritual matters hence the need for teachers as the bible says and opportunities like this one to learn.If you have reached the level of a bishop as you think,others are not and they are open to learn.Get off your high horse.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

'You Will Marry Next Year'- Adeboye Prays for Single Men Wasting Time (Video) / Demons, Angels, Vampires Etc // Extraterresterials, Aliens, Ufos - Same Thing! / "Woman Vomits Lizard" During Bishop Sam Zuga Water Ministration In Minna

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.