Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,351 members, 7,815,717 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:05 PM

Falling Down Under Anointing? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Falling Down Under Anointing? (25905 Views)

Does Falling Under Anointing Suggests One Has An Evil Spirit? / Why Always Women Falls Under Anointing And Not Men? / Falling Under Anointing - Hoax, Real Or Hypnosis? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Falling Down Under Anointing? by Nobody: 10:41am On Aug 15, 2013
Fall Under what?

75% of the Anointing victims are actually possessed and I mean this in a good way.

You'd have to push me for that fall to happen though tongue
Re: Falling Down Under Anointing? by Goshen360(m): 10:49am On Aug 15, 2013
Ladies and Gentlemen,

Which anointing are people falling under? Scripture says the 'anointing' is within you, 1 John 2:27. This anointing is nothing other than the Holy Spirit. It used to come upon people in the Old testament but now resides in us, believers. When people say they fall under anointing of a laying of hands of a moG, where is that coming from where the same Holy Spirit reside in you?

Now, that is different from when in worship or deep praises to God and the glory is over-whelming. That's the work of the Holy Spirit within you. The glory of God is so strong and can over-whelm a believer and in such case, one can bow in worship, cry, shout and even lay\roll on the floor by themselves without no one touching them or laying hands on them not that the Holy Spirit knocking people down when a moG touches them or blow some breeze in the microphone and say Holy Ghost, MOOOOOVVVVVVVVVEEEEEEEEEEEEE. That's nonsense and insult to the Holy Spirit because which Holy Ghost are you telling to move? Was he standing still as he's already present in the gathering of believers? Are Pastors the ones to command the Holy Spirit to move when scripture says gifts of the Holy Spirit operates as the Spirit will?

Check all those falling in scriptures, it's either they are demon possessed (in these cases, demons at about to get out knocks them them) or those who by reference to the overwhelming glory of God, bow in worship. Most of these people are not even Christians. The Holy Spirit is not a monster knocking people down rather, one of the fruit of the Spirit is SELF CONTROL.

5 Likes

Re: Falling Down Under Anointing? by Nobody: 11:01am On Aug 15, 2013
^
True there is something called "anointing within" us. But there is something also called "anointing upon".
I'd reply you when in about 2hours time. Am not with my bible.
Re: Falling Down Under Anointing? by Tgirl4real(f): 11:06am On Aug 15, 2013
jackbauersballs:

My dear, why is it that you can describe the physical effects...but not the spiritual or psychological effects?

Afterall, at that moment you are 'communing with the holy ghost'?

hahahahahahaha

Very, very good questions. grin grin grin

I remember those days when we used to fall... lipsrsealed
Re: Falling Down Under Anointing? by Goshen360(m): 11:27am On Aug 15, 2013
idnoble135: ^
True there is something called "anointing within" us. But there is something also called "anointing upon".
I'd reply you when in about 2hours time. Am not with my bible.

Okay. I await your response so we look at it together.
Re: Falling Down Under Anointing? by superior1: 12:05pm On Aug 15, 2013
Goshen360: Ladies and Gentlemen,

Which anointing are people falling under? Scripture says the 'anointing' is within you, 1 John 2:27. This anointing is nothing other than the Holy Spirit. It used to come upon people in the Old testament but now resides in us, believers. When people say they fall under anointing of a laying of hands of a moG, where is that coming from where the same Holy Spirit reside in you?

Acts 6:6
They presented these men to the apostles, who prayed and laid their hands on them.

1 Timothy 4:14
Do not neglect your gift, which was given you through prophecy when the body of elders laid their hands on you

2 Timothy 1:6
6For this reason I remind you to kindle afresh the gift of God which is in you through the laying on of my hands.

Laying of hands is very scriptural and useful in dedication, commission and impartation of the anointing

Goshen360:
Now, that is different from when in worship or deep praises to God and the glory is over-whelming. That's the work of the Holy Spirit within you. The glory of God is so strong and can over-whelm a believer and in such case, one can bow in worship, cry, shout and even lay\roll on the floor by themselves without no one touching them or laying hands on them

Yeah, very true.

Goshen360:

not that the Holy Spirit knocking people down when a moG touches them or blow some breeze in the microphone and say Holy Ghost, MOOOOOVVVVVVVVVEEEEEEEEEEEEE. That's nonsense and insult to the Holy Spirit because which Holy Ghost are you telling to move? Was he standing still as he's already present in the gathering of believers? Are Pastors the ones to command the Holy Spirit to move when scripture says gifts of the Holy Spirit operates as the Spirit will?

Some ministers do get it wrong in their manner of ministeration. I remember reading somewhere how Benny Hinn got rebuked by an elder to stop throwing his suit at people to impart them with the anointing. We can't however throw away the baby with bath water. Ministers do lay hand on people asking for Holy Spirit impartation or commissioning them for the work of the ministry. It is very scriptural.

1 Timothy 4:14
Do not neglect your gift, which was given you through prophecy when the body of elders laid their hands on you

2 Timothy 1:6
6For this reason I remind you to kindle afresh the gift of God which is in you through the laying on of my hands.

Goshen360:
Check all those falling in scriptures, it's either they are demon possessed (in these cases, demons at about to get out knocks them them) or those who by reference to the overwhelming glory of God, bow in worship. Most of these people are not even Christians. The Holy Spirit is not a monster knocking people down rather, one of the fruit of the Spirit is SELF CONTROL.

No, i disagree on this. On the day of Pentecost like i stated earlier, we have reasons to believe the Apostles got DRUNK with the anointing and the impartation of the Holy Spirit so much some Jews said they have taken NEW wine (New wine most probably intoxicates more). If the Apostles were merely speaking divers of languages and conducted themselves properly, they wont be called drunk men (talkless of being drunk with new wine). A drunk man do not only fall but roll on the floor, stagger, laugh etc.

Acts 2
13 Others mocking said, These men are full of new wine.

One of the attributes of the Holy Spirit that we can deduce from the bible is that He Manifests, He shows His presence and He cant be limited to human explanation of being poised.

Acts 2
1 And when the day of Pentecost was fully come, they were all with one accord in one place. 2 And suddenly there came a sound from heaven as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled all the house where they were sitting.

To Elijah, He came like a still small voice but on the day of Pentecost, he came like the rushing of a MIGHTY wind,
1. Rush

2. Mighty wind

3. With audible sound
In today's vocab, we will say He descended like a Tsunami That is sure different from Elijah's experience and yet it is the same Holy Spirit.

5 Likes

Re: Falling Down Under Anointing? by Nobody: 12:40pm On Aug 15, 2013
^
Great work. You've said a large portion of what i wanted to say.
Nevertheless, i would want to add to what you said in few minutes.
Re: Falling Down Under Anointing? by Nobody: 12:49pm On Aug 15, 2013
@Goshen, you talked about asking the Holy Spirit to move.
Though i dont do that, i dont have any problem with that.
In Gen 1, we are told the Spirit of God moved.
"....And the Spirit of God moved over the surface of the deep" Gen 1:2
We clearly know that the Spirit of God is also omnipresent. Psalm 139:7. So why did the Spirit had to move even though He was present? Because, that is what precede any great work or blessing that God would do. God did not say anything till the Spirit moved. And it is important to note that it is move of the Spirit that started the creation process. So it is safe to say, if our meetings would yield great fruits, the Spirit of God must be given liberty. Some pastors can say, "Spirit move...." a thousand times. To me, nothing is wrong with that. I see it as an invitation to the Spirit of God to have His course in the meeting. And some pastors dont need to say such. But we must bear in mind that God relates with us all in diverse yet impartial way.

1 Like

Re: Falling Down Under Anointing? by Nobody: 1:11pm On Aug 15, 2013
@Goshen, we can use the word anointing and power interchangeably. Because bible also uses the word "power" in the description that it is in us. Ephe 3:20.
So like i said, the old testament experienced the anointing upon because the Power of God came upon them to achieve some extra ordinary feat like samson or to prophesy like the old prophets of old.
And in the new testament also, the anointing dwells in us which is far greater than that of the old testament because the anointing dwells in us. I use the word greater because the anointing in us abides in us forever, unlike that of the old testament whereby the anointing comes upon them for a season.
Having said this, i would now refer us to James 5:16b, which says, "The
earnest (heartfelt, continued) prayer of
a righteous man
makes tremendous
power available
[dynamic in its
working]".
So you see, it talks about some thing different. We know the power of God is in us. But we here we are told that we need to tarry in prayer to access this power. This brings it me that, the ability of the old testament(i.e) the anointing that was talked about is still available. We did not need to do anything to recieve the anointing within(provided we are believers), but we are told we would tarry in prayer to access the anointing upon.
So this indicates two levels of empowerment.
Jesus himself recieved the Holy Spirit. Luke 3:22. But he went to the wilderness again to fast and pray. And then, note what the scripture says, "And Jesus returned in the power of the Spirit". Luke 4:14
The anointing upon is vital for those who have recieved a special ministry(like the ministry Paul talked about in Col 4:17) of the Lord.
So that explains that the anointing is within us. But there is also a special anointing(that of the old testament) also that is still relevant to our time.
*still typing*
Re: Falling Down Under Anointing? by Nobody: 1:36pm On Aug 15, 2013
And then, to add, the anointing is strong. The glory is awesome.
It is possible to fall under the anointing. The power could be so strong that people fall, because many a time, the anointing comes so strongly that you just can stand it. Its that tangible!
Look at Daniel, he had a taste of the anointing and could not stand it. In his words, he said, "there remained no strength in me..... then i was in a deep sleep sleep on my face and my face towards the ground". He could not stand the power. Read up the story in Daniel chapter 10.
Then, lets make comparison. The three synoptic gospel contains the account of the transfiguration on the mount.
Check the scriptures in Matthew 17, Mark 9 from verse 2, and Luke 9, starting from verse 28. And we are told that the glory overshadowed them.
Literally telling us, that they were enveloped in the anointing. And we have a feel of it by Jesus himself. And with this, we may say it was something regular that happened in the ministry of Jesus.
The gospel of st. John tells us that when Jesus was to be arrested, a brief conversation came up. It goes thus:
"4 Jesus, knowing all that was going to happen to him, went
out and asked them, “Who is
it you want?”
5 “Jesus of Nazareth,” they replied. “I am he,” Jesus said. (And
Judas the traitor was standing there with them.) 6 When Jesus said, “I am he,” they
drew back and fell to the
ground." (NIV).
Did you read that? Bible said said they fell to the ground. That means, something did happen. The soldiers could not have fallen to the ground just like that. They did not come to play. And observe the word "FELL".
So thats it bro, falling under the anointing is real and is for us today.

4 Likes

Re: Falling Down Under Anointing? by Nobody: 1:52pm On Aug 15, 2013
And then, i'd add this finally. Falling under the anointing can happen in three ways. I would use a bible illustration to explain what i mean.
Paul was called of God to preach the goodnews. He is of God. This is the first category. So, falling under the anointing can be of God.
But some people preached another gospel, foreign to that of the Lord Jesus. Gal 1:8-9. Thats of the devil, its a fake of the real thing. This section could also be likened that some of the "falling under the anointing" are by diabolical means.
Then next, some preached, not because they felt God leading them to, or because the devil commissioned them. It is out of their own will. Phil 1:15,16.
Can we say because there are some gospels that are of the devil or preached by men, we should abandon the gospel altogether? No! Same way with "falling under the anointing".
Paul talked about the "demonstration of the Spirit and of power". 1 Cor 2:4. He also talks about the "manifestation of the Spirit". 1 COR 12:7.
The Spirit of God can manifest as He pleases. Dont try to put the Spirit into your box of reasoning. Dont try to set up defined ways that you expect Him to operate.
And to add, many people would often criticize what they have not experience. Rather than just criticizing, lets go back and wait on the Lord. He will reveal Himself to us.

1 Like

Re: Falling Down Under Anointing? by Nobody: 1:55pm On Aug 15, 2013
I have studied the anointing. Its wonderful. Just like Ishi rightly said, the power could flow like electricity. I love the anointing.
**whew! Cant believe i used over one hour to type. ** its well....

2 Likes

Re: Falling Down Under Anointing? by Glamglam(f): 2:41pm On Aug 15, 2013
idnoble135: And then, to add, the anointing is strong. The glory is awesome.
It is possible to fall under the anointing. The power could be so strong that people fall, because many a time, the anointing comes so strongly that you just can stand it. Its that tangible!
Look at Daniel, he had a taste of the anointing and could not stand it. In his words, he said, "there remained no strength in me..... then i was in a deep sleep sleep on my face and my face towards the ground". He could not stand the power. Read up the story in Daniel chapter 10.
Then, lets make comparison. The three synoptic gospel contains the account of the transfiguration on the mount.
Check the scriptures in Matthew 17, Mark 9 from verse 2, and Luke 9, starting from verse 28. And we are told that the glory overshadowed them.
Literally telling us, that they were enveloped in the anointing. And we have a feel of it by Jesus himself. And with this, we may say it was something regular that happened in the ministry of Jesus.
The gospel of st. John tells us that when Jesus was to be arrested, a brief conversation came up. It goes thus:
"4 Jesus, knowing all that was going to happen to him, went
out and asked them, “Who is
it you want?”
5 “Jesus of Nazareth,” they replied. “I am he,” Jesus said. (And
Judas the traitor was standing there with them.) 6 When Jesus said, “I am he,” they
drew back and fell to the
ground." (NIV).
Did you read that? Bible said said they fell to the ground. That means, something did happen. The soldiers could not have fallen to the ground just like that. They did not come to play. And observe the word "FELL".
So thats it bro, falling under the anointing is real and is for us today.

Wow! Thanks idnoble135...you have thrown so much light into this topic. I hope to share snippets from these to members of my house fellowship because I believe most are questioning this in their minds but haven't had the courage (so to speak) to ask for clarification.

How would one know however if some are falling under anointing or just overwhelmed or generally faking it (sorry to say)? I have also noticed that women are the ones that generally fall a lot! not saying some men don't fall (Frosbel has admitted to falling though he doubts the spirit that possessed him on that occasion lol)

2 Likes

Re: Falling Down Under Anointing? by 80kobo(m): 2:42pm On Aug 15, 2013
Me I don wait tire to fall no show.

It is wa
Re: Falling Down Under Anointing? by Joey82(m): 2:42pm On Aug 15, 2013
as for me, i be cameraman.
i no dey fall under anointing.
if i fall, who go come video others?

1 Like

Re: Falling Down Under Anointing? by israel007: 2:43pm On Aug 15, 2013
Never fallen
Re: Falling Down Under Anointing? by Nobody: 2:44pm On Aug 15, 2013
3 bottles of vodka neva fall me na breeze wan fall me.

Bar man abeg get me one bottle of chilled Gulder

1 Like

Re: Falling Down Under Anointing? by johnkenn5t(m): 2:49pm On Aug 15, 2013
Lol
Re: Falling Down Under Anointing? by Cubeet: 2:51pm On Aug 15, 2013
jackbauersballs:

You were hypnotised my friend...That's why you cannot describe it. lol
How can you be 'speaking in tongues' but cannot describe who or what you were communicating with?

I've attended shows where Grown men were hypnotized to believe they were chickens...and they actually squawked and clucked about on stage when a piece of music was played cheesy

Some people are more open to suggestion and subliminals....seems like you fall into that bracket...

That's good for me sha...meaning toasting you no go hard grin grin grin
ignorance is a disease

2 Likes

Re: Falling Down Under Anointing? by 25Calibre(m): 2:54pm On Aug 15, 2013
I went along with a friend to one church about 3 months ago, when it was time for prayers, the pastor began going round, holding people's heads and blowing air from his mouth unto their heads while shouting prayers at them, some fell, some didnt.

When he got close to me, he saw the manner in which I was gazing at him, as if to tell him " man I see your tricks, don't try that with me " when it was my turn, I said let me see the magic that would make me fall, the pastor held my head and prayed normally, no attempt to push me down, although he blew wind unto my head.
Re: Falling Down Under Anointing? by Nobody: 2:55pm On Aug 15, 2013
Glamglam:

Wow! Thanks idnoble135...you have thrown so much light into this topic. I hope to share snippets from these to members of my house fellowship because I believe most are questioning this in their minds but haven't had the courage (so to speak) to ask for clarification.

How would one know however if some are falling under anointing or just overwhelmed or generally faking it (sorry to say)? I have also noticed that women are the ones that generally fall a lot! not saying some men don't fall (Frosbel has admitted to falling though he doubts the spirit that possessed him on that occasion lol)
you're welcome. Frosbel is a cautious believer and that is good provided it is not taken to the extreme.
God bless you.
Re: Falling Down Under Anointing? by MAYOWAAK: 2:57pm On Aug 15, 2013
Please hold on,I will soon post the picture of GEJ after he fell under the anointing.

Re: Falling Down Under Anointing? by Nobody: 2:58pm On Aug 15, 2013
Glamglam: Please can someone shed more light on this topic. The church I attend, every anointing service, the pastor lays his hands on every single member of the congregation. Most people start falling. When I asked a deacon, he said they are falling under the anointing. I don't fall however Does that mean anointing no dey catch me? Lol.

Have you experienced this, are there any Biblical references on this topic. Please share.
Thanks
MY 1ST EXPERIENCE WITH THIS WAS WHEN I WAS IN BOARDING SCHOOL
THIS MOG GUY AFTER HIS SERMON PROCEEDED TO LAY HANDS ON US
I SWEAR HE PUSHED ME, NOT HARD ENOUGH TO MAKE ME FALL ANYWAY
I REGAINED MY BALANCE
AFTERWARDS SOME MEMBERS OF THE FCS LEADERSHIP GOT ME IN A CORNER
AND BEAT THE LIVING SHITE OUT OF ME. MY OFFENCE
THEY SAID I WANTED TO 'EMBARRASS THE MAN OF GOD'
ACCORDING 2 THEM I WAS SUPPOSED TO FALL
I WAS 5 FT SCRAWNY LOOKING KID

MY 2ND EXPERIENCE WAS ABOUT 11 YEARS LATER WHEN I WENT TO SOME CHURCH ( NAME WITHHELD)
THE PREACHER TRIED THE SAME SHITE. I DIDNT FALL, NO ONE HIT ME
DIDNT THINK THEY WOULD... NOT WHEN A U'RE MEAN LOOKING, 6FT 3IN AND WEIGH 110KG wink

1 Like

Re: Falling Down Under Anointing? by 25Calibre(m): 2:59pm On Aug 15, 2013
jackbauersballs:

You were hypnotised my friend...That's why you cannot describe it. lol
How can you be 'speaking in tongues' but cannot describe who or what you were communicating with?

I've attended shows where Grown men were hypnotized to believe they were chickens...and they actually squawked and clucked about on stage when a piece of music was played cheesy

Some people are more open to suggestion and subliminals....seems like you fall into that bracket...

That's good for me sha...meaning toasting you no go hard grin grin grin

Hahaha I don't know if you've heard of this guy called Derren Brown, he is a very skilled hypnotist, Ive seen a TV show of his, where he makes a group of guys believe the world had come to an end.
Re: Falling Down Under Anointing? by superior1: 3:01pm On Aug 15, 2013
Babzilla:
MY 1ST EXPERIENCE WITH THIS WAS WHEN I WAS IN BOARDING SCHOOL
THIS MOG GUY AFTER HIS SERMON PROCEEDED TO LAY HANDS ON US
I SWEAR HE PUSHED ME, NOT HARD ENOUGH TO MAKE ME FALL ANYWAY
I REGAINED MY BALANCE
AFTERWARDS SOME MEMBERS OF THE FCS LEADERSHIP GOT ME IN A CORNER
AND BEAT THE LIVING SHITE OUT OF ME. MY OFFENCE
THEY SAID I WANTED TO 'EMBARRASS THE MAN OF GOD'
ACCORDING 2 THEM I WAS SUPPOSED TO FALL
I WAS 5 FT SCRAWNY LOOKING KID

MY 2ND EXPERIENCE WAS ABOUT 11 YEARS LATER WHEN I WENT TO SOME CHURCH ( NAME WITHHELD)
THE PREACHER TRIED THE SAME SHITE. I DIDNT FALL, NO ONE HIT ME
DIDNT THINK THEY WOULD... NOT WHEN A U'RE A MEAN LOOKING 6FT 3IN 110KG DUDE wink

A good fable
Re: Falling Down Under Anointing? by Coldfeet(f): 3:01pm On Aug 15, 2013
I have fallen just once! During a deliverance session at the WONDER CITY Church of late Gab Oduyemi! NOBODY touched me!! And I fell flawlessly to the tiled floor like a leaf, feeling no pains whatsoever! screaming and writhing and spewing incoherent words! Those that where around me had to shift (so I was told later) cos they said I looked different!!! I believe in the powers of the Holy Spirit taking hold of someone even though there are a whole lots of charlatans and actors out there. Am a witness! Am a prove.

1 Like

Re: Falling Down Under Anointing? by vivianc(f): 3:01pm On Aug 15, 2013
The 'evil spirit' wey full my head too strong, i no dey ever fall lai lai.
Re: Falling Down Under Anointing? by bknight: 3:07pm On Aug 15, 2013
Why only africans nigerians!
idnoble135: I have studied the anointing. Its wonderful. Just like Ishi rightly said, the power could flow like electricity. I love the anointing.
**whew! Cant believe i used over one hour to type. ** its well....

Confirm electric don shock u b4? I guess not undecided
Re: Falling Down Under Anointing? by MrAboki: 3:08pm On Aug 15, 2013
Sherimamamama Kikima.

Receive your blessing..

Re: Falling Down Under Anointing? by MrAboki: 3:10pm On Aug 15, 2013
Crusade mode activated..

No time to waste time...

Oya!! Take ya blessing.. #Receive it!!

Band playing Oya Bless them one by one o!! Two by two!! grin

Re: Falling Down Under Anointing? by MrAboki: 3:13pm On Aug 15, 2013
Exorcism mode activated..

Crusade name:: Devil May cry... angry

#ALL DEMONS COMEOUT!!!

Re: Falling Down Under Anointing? by harmony940(m): 3:20pm On Aug 15, 2013
Hmm, everybody will be falling down because of the hot anointing,but the camera man is not being affected by anointing...hmmm na wah oooo anointing no dey cash camera man abi? Anyways make God help uz......

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Why It Is Wrong To Tell Nigerians To Dump God Because Of The Prosperity In China / 'You Will Marry Next Year'- Adeboye Prays for Single Men Wasting Time (Video) / Ijaw Traditional Worshippers Hold End Of Year Thanksgiving In The River (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.