Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,222 members, 7,818,762 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:03 AM

Advice for Future Husbands - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Advice for Future Husbands (18864 Views)

10 Strict Behaviours Ladies Display That Makes Their Future Husbands Run Away / 10 Strict Behaviours Ladies Display That Makes Their Future Husbands Run Away / Romantic Love Text Message And Advice For Distance Relationships (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Advice for Future Husbands by greatgeo(m): 5:19pm On Aug 17, 2013
I agree with all other points accept d no7 no one in his right sences would want a breakup in marriage
Re: Advice for Future Husbands by judedwriter(m): 5:24pm On Aug 17, 2013
Future husbands-women r very complex humans. 2day she is jumping on u in excitement, tomorow she is as cold as d graveyard. Nd worst of all she xpects u to understand her no matter her mood...hmmmm...living wit a woman requires a lot of patience...if u lose ur cool wit her, u will turn her into a punching bag. Indeed, its better to live on a roof than live wit a lady that can nag u to death! But if u patiently love her tenderly, (which is rare today in naija) she will turn out more precious dan gold wink
Re: Advice for Future Husbands by k2039: 5:26pm On Aug 17, 2013
ogugua88:

Isn't a divorce considered a rainy day? smiley

No one expects a divorce in the same token that no one expects a spouse to die young and suddenly or be maimed and rendered disabled. These are some reasons why people seek independent women, just in case.

About prenups, I don't think being sure has anything to do with it. A lot of divorcees were certain that their spouses wouldn't hurt them, and they ended up hurt and unprepared for post-marital life.

I'm sure I won't crash my car because I'm a safe driver, but I wear my seatbelt anyway. wink

Honestly, your post made sense. I remeber law 29 in Robert Greenes 48 laws of power where he said 'Plan all the way to it, taking into account all the possible consequences, obstacles, and twists of fortune that might reverse your hard work'.

What most people fail to understand is that we are optimistic about having a happy marriage but the fact that we are optimistic doesn't mean we shouldn't prepare for the worst case scenario.

They think they are exercising faith when they believe the will have a happy marriage but in reality it's just presumption.

Lordlexy: I pray you find the right man. Any woman who goes into relationship opting for divorce as a fall back plan, no doubt has hidden motives. You lack the concept of marriage. Marriage is for companionship and should not be viewed with the idea of calling it off because of some flimsy excuses. We all can make our marriages work if we want to, except in the case of marrying someone not meant for you. Lust and materialism is the major reason why some seek for prenups.
All she needs is someone who sees the world the same way as her and she is more likely to have a happy marriage than not (I'm sure she is being preparing for marriage already, reading books, listening to those ahead of her, she is not basing her life on presumption like most folks here and I can assure you that she will have a happy marriage than most folks on this thread).

Divorce and a sad marriage is predictable.

1 Like

Re: Advice for Future Husbands by kevoh(m): 5:28pm On Aug 17, 2013
Folks should take number 8 serious. Just imagine the number of cases of adultery, r.ape, paedophilia and S.T.D number 8 will help to curtail/reduce if men take number 8 serious.
Re: Advice for Future Husbands by vipers: 5:38pm On Aug 17, 2013
bro abeg no vex but I no gree 4 no 8 because. masturbation no dey good at all, I no talk say make dem commite adultry but instead make d bro bearam
Re: Advice for Future Husbands by Nobody: 6:00pm On Aug 17, 2013
kingkoboko: 8. MASTURBATE DON'T ADULTERATE
M.ast.urbation is better than adultery. Keep that at d front & back of ur mind before u marry. Remember also that konji generally affects we men more than women so don't expect ur wife to be ready for jigijigi or kwokirikwo anytime wey e dey hungry u. That is when d soap or vaseline comes in handy. *winks*

9. LISTEN TO GOD NOT UR PASTOR
"She is destined to be ur wife" Na lie!!! "She is ur only missin rib on earth" Na wash!!! There are many false prophets & fake pastors connivin with desperate single women out there o! Its best for u to kneel down by urself & ask God to show u ur wife. U could ask Him to do this by using a very clear sign & u must never ever reveal d sign u asked God to show u to anyone. That na how Abraham servant find Rebecca for Isaac abi?

SO NA WETIN UNA TINK BOUT MY ADVICE NA? E MAKE SENSE?

I gree to somethings while i reserve my comment for others
Re: Advice for Future Husbands by Nobody: 6:10pm On Aug 17, 2013
kingkoboko: 5. COMMAND HER
Women luv men who can command them. It doesn't matter if she's older than u or richer or more powerful or feminist.

Command who shocked ogbeni do we look like dogs or slaves?? yes respect is very important in a relationship/marriage but "command" me and i'd kick your ass to the curb! This isn't military rule..msheeeewwww
Re: Advice for Future Husbands by dmcdad: 6:12pm On Aug 17, 2013
k2039:
Just that I have forgotten my 'law of contract', but essentially some mistakes are allowed and can be overlooked but there are some that deserve a straight red card.
Ahan! Na football match?
Re: Advice for Future Husbands by Ella239(f): 6:13pm On Aug 17, 2013
I totally disagree with #5 &#7 because command is excluded, i myself can neva be commanded by man. Rather instructions is more welcoming dan command. Divorce i totally disagree wit dat because according to bible it says divorce is a sin, marriage is 4 better n 4 worse if u divorce u r disobeying Gods word
Re: Advice for Future Husbands by eemmason(m): 6:14pm On Aug 17, 2013
grin ;DYou say you never marry? who be that Cynthia wey get key to your house? ;DYou say you never marry? who be that Cynthia wey get key to your house?
Re: Advice for Future Husbands by k2039: 6:19pm On Aug 17, 2013
dmcdad:
Ahan! Na football match?
Same rule applies o.
Re: Advice for Future Husbands by Matthewbriggs(m): 7:34pm On Aug 17, 2013
Nice points raised. On a personal note I think point 5 should changed to "Command respect not Command her... I personally would'nt want a master/servant type of marriage instead more of a partnership where I am the CEO and she is the COO, I prefer been a boss than a bully, a leader instead of a dictator.

@Oguagu, you are quite right. I disagree I think it is not advisable to enter marriage with the mindset of leaving it. It's for better for worse the last time I checked. I was once a proponent for pre nups but lately I have my reservations mainly because it weakens the band of TRUST and Trust to me is the most crucial band that holds a marriage.

In fact our life as human revolves around trust. We trust pilots with our lives, doctors with our health, the bank with our money. Trusting the love of your life with your worth shouldn't be a big deal unless one's life is defined by how much he/she owns instead of the Impact he/she has made on earth. It's all vanity upon vanity remember. As usual I believe you have your reasons which is understandable.

#Matthew Briggs

1 Like

Re: Advice for Future Husbands by Rejoice5000(f): 8:23pm On Aug 17, 2013
That self service and divorce is not acceptable by me its a sin.that's my own opinion.
Re: Advice for Future Husbands by Nobody: 8:30pm On Aug 17, 2013
God bless you for dat number 8, make sense die.
Re: Advice for Future Husbands by Nobody: 8:32pm On Aug 17, 2013
kingkoboko: 1st of all, by "husband-material", I mean a man or young man who's ready for marriage.

2ndly, I neva marry o! Dis na just my personal suggestions.

Ok,
1. NEVER TELL A WOMAN WHAT U HATE IN A WOMAN
Women ar natural pretenders. So if u make d mistake of tellin her what u hate, she only do d things u luv so as become ur wife. Jst allow her display her good & bad sides freely so u can know her fully before proposin.

2. TEST HER
Do all u can to test her in everyway. E.g, give her little money to prepare food to observe how economical she can be.

3. INTRODUCE HER TO UR MOM, SISTERS OR OTHER FEMALE RELATIONS
I say this because women can read their fellow women like books. If ur female relation, esp ur mom, dislikes ur wife-to-be, u better ask her why & be careful o!

4. LEARN HOW TO COOK
It's very important for every man to know how to cook o! It'l save u from over-dependence on ur wife for food. And incase u end up marryin a foreigner, u can teach her how to prepare ur favorite meals.
A well written balderdash undecided
Re: Advice for Future Husbands by samuelajang: 9:09pm On Aug 17, 2013
nice one, but some girls. no get sense. No matter how u try they will look down on u.
Re: Advice for Future Husbands by Zemhen1: 9:20pm On Aug 17, 2013
[quote author=Skinni10ne]I def agree with #6. Marry a woman who is a problem solver, hardworking and resourceful. U nvr know tomorrow.
But i dont agree with commanding ur wife. It works for some women, not for me. Once a man commands me, im out. It means he talks more than he listens. I believe in mutual respect, compromises and understanding.
Couples should always try to learn from their partners.
I strongly disagree with #7 'prepare for divorce.' Divorce should NOT be an option, this way couples work hard to make it work. If u prepare for divorce, uve given up b4 u even started. [/quote

Wooow ..........this girl me like ........brains and beauty what a rare combination .....I agree with some not all ....from my research I love a woman, she respects me ......I don't mind the command part grin the problem solving, hardworking and resourceful wow ....super turn on .....especially if she's endowed for the divorce, I don't believe in divorce, am reading and learning now to prevent being in one when I get married but I will advice you to prepare for it, especially the girls ........if I may add mine .....be fluent in English I know some girls that just can't help missing English with pidgin, Yoruba etc....... I always look for a challenge intellectually ......a woman that can make me think and go back to research.......with these qualities ......I swear I won't just love her.....I will worship her .....God am joking oooo

1 Like

Re: Advice for Future Husbands by Nobody: 9:31pm On Aug 17, 2013
lol @ "COMMAND", I think the right word should be "Take Charge",or "Instruct".
Re: Advice for Future Husbands by Zemhen1: 9:40pm On Aug 17, 2013
ogugua88: Well, sounds good to me for the most part. All but number 5. I'd rather have my respect be reciprocated with respect than commands.

I knew some folks would disagree with 7. I actually agree with it. A lot of folks put all their eggs in one basket and cry when the unexpected happens. Preparing for the unexpected doesn't mean you distrust your partner or love him/her any less. It simply means that you don't know tomorrow. I'd rather carry an umbrella in my car 24/7 than be caught in torrential downpour with shelter nowhere in sight.

I think what his trying to say is .....women want a man that will tell them what to do, that always has a solution to their problem......also still pointing out a man loves a woman not respect, respect is a woman's thing no matter her age....... I also agree with the mas"turbation instead of ad@ultery .....they are both sin but from my research on the family tree of David, his encounter of Beersheba on the roof etc.....there is a limitation on your life for 10 generation but there is also some physical and spiritual implications of mas&turbation
Re: Advice for Future Husbands by fasho01(m): 9:45pm On Aug 17, 2013
Most of it makes sense. Well thought of but ease up on being a commando cos it will surely backfire & as for the divorce matter, seeing there's already a debate about that.. lipsrsealed
Re: Advice for Future Husbands by Lexcom20(m): 9:51pm On Aug 17, 2013
no. 6 on point
Re: Advice for Future Husbands by ayobase(m): 10:30pm On Aug 17, 2013
Mrs.Chima:
I disagree.

Enegod said u get coconut head....no be me talk am o..... grin
Re: Advice for Future Husbands by ayobase(m): 10:35pm On Aug 17, 2013
kingkoboko: 5. COMMAND HER
Women luv men who can command them. It doesn't matter if she's older than u or richer or more powerful or feminist. U should only marry a woman who respects u. Luv & respect are almost inseparable when it comes to women. She can respect u without lovin u but she can't luv u without respectin u.

6. DON'T MARRY A LIABILITY
Being a housewife is good but being a housewife & workin woman is better. What if u lose ur source of income or worse still, die, what then happens to ur children? Marry a woman who can be ur life insurance. Besides, u won't like it when she asks u for N5 to buy pure water.

7. HOPE FOR "HAPPILY-EVER-AFTER" BUT PREPARE FOR DIVORCE
I personally, professionally, romantically (Psquare, make una no vex o!) don't believe in "till death do us part". This is because u could end up dying of high blood pressure if u remain with an unrepentant cheating or abusive woman. On d other hand, u could end up commitin murder. Isn't divorce better than those worse options?

For that number 5, Ogugua is gonna send ur postcard to the head of Saturn.
Re: Advice for Future Husbands by ayobase(m): 10:55pm On Aug 17, 2013
Mrs.Chima:

Own what? Be more specific.

This Mrs no well at all.... grin
Re: Advice for Future Husbands by Okeyson4wisdom(m): 11:02pm On Aug 17, 2013
I see that the person that wrote this topic Dosnt have the fear of God why will u divorce and masturbate can't u control urself why would u command ur wife is she a slave why won't u follow the will of God.if I truely comes from him. Repent o christ is coming very soon even now
Re: Advice for Future Husbands by jayblinx(m): 11:06pm On Aug 17, 2013
Sanboy25: Very nice one but I do not agree with the point 6. smiley
sori sanboy..but its lyk u already marid 1
Re: Advice for Future Husbands by Onaolamipo: 11:34pm On Aug 17, 2013
kingkoboko: 8. MASTURBATE DON'T ADULTERATE
M.ast.urbation is better than adultery. Keep that at d front & back of ur mind before u marry. Remember also that konji generally affects we men more than women so don't expect ur wife to be ready for jigijigi or kwokirikwo anytime wey e dey hungry u. That is when d soap or vaseline comes in handy. *winks*

9. LISTEN TO GOD NOT UR PASTOR
"She is destined to be ur wife" Na lie!!! "She is ur only missin rib on earth" Na wash!!! There are many false prophets & fake pastors connivin with desperate single women out there o! Its best for u to kneel down by urself & ask God to show u ur wife. U could ask Him to do this by using a very clear sign & u must never ever reveal d sign u asked God to show u to anyone. That na how Abraham servant find Rebecca for Isaac abi?

SO NA WETIN UNA TINK BOUT MY ADVICE NA? E MAKE SENSE?
if you are not married,there is little you can say about marriage. i m married. Before i became a married man,my fiancee (now my wife ) used to respect me. She was religious,very kind,she always satisfied with whatever i gave to her,then I used to tell people that my fiancee was best on the earth,to cut the story short,when we became married, her real behaviour revealed to me. Everything about her behaviour has changed. She is always unsatisfied with whatever i give to her. What i observe about women is that if they are given an opportunity of source of money,there is no way they are going to give 100% respect to their husbands. The best is not to allow them source for money by themselves. Money makes women to be respectful or otherwise.

1 Like

Re: Advice for Future Husbands by InvertedHammer: 4:15am On Aug 18, 2013
/

Best advice...DON'T DO IT!!!

//
Re: Advice for Future Husbands by Nobody: 7:03am On Aug 18, 2013
CRAP.......how cam you know when you never marry ...... Op no read this post before making it front page material..... mtschew
Re: Advice for Future Husbands by japro: 7:32am On Aug 18, 2013
Re: Advice for Future Husbands by ukandi1(m): 7:49am On Aug 18, 2013
Good writeup. No subtraction at all; there may be more additions.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

No And Yes And No Yes Yes And Finelly We Are Married We Are Both Nl / Parental Consent - Really Necessary?? / Barrister Fred Agabje Bombshell! Only 25% Of Nigerian Women Are Wife Materials!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.