Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,149 members, 7,849,580 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 03:34 AM

13sense's Posts

Nairaland Forum / 13sense's Profile / 13sense's Posts

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (of 5 pages)

Romance / Re: Is God Really Merciful To Who Asks For Mercy by 13sense: 1:08am On Apr 28, 2023
Wealthier
God is merciful to those who are merciful.
Family / Re: Marriage Has Failed Me! by 13sense: 7:17pm On Apr 24, 2023
Marriage has not failed you. It was you who has failed to see beyond the family and man you marry. You cannot force anybody to like you. Before you marry into that family, you are pressing on with your life, why can't you do or live your life without the acceptance or likeness of your inlaws?

BrighterThanDay:
As a child from a broken home, I saw marriage as my happy ending of finally having a home filled with love and mutual understanding. After the death of my mom, growing up with my dad and stepmom was hell. I was treated as a stranger in my own home, so I thought starting my own family will be a lot better.

After I completed my education and got a good job. I had a lot of suitors willing to settle down with me. Most of them were rich and accomplished men, but there was no spark, I felt they weren't genuinely in love with me, and since I was never a materialistic person, I turned them down. I get easily content with what I have and I spend prudently. Then I met my husband. It happened that I was his crush back then in school, in fact, he even approached me as a student then, but I turned him down because I knew where I was coming from and I never wanted to gamble with my studies, it was my only hope to leave my father's house and fend for myself.

Fast forward to when I met my husband after school. He didn't even have a good job. But I could tell I meant a great deal to him, we'll speak for hours on the phone. I fell hopelessly in love with him, I could already picture a happy home with him and our kids. Then he proposed, and I accepted. I met his family, they were nice on the first visit.

After the introduction ceremony with my family, I started noticing certain things. I was taking pictures with his phone when I saw a message from his mom telling him I'm a stranger and he shouldn't allow me to come between them. I was surprised and wondered where all this was coming from, I asked him and he reassured me that it was nothing.

Then his father told me that hope I know that a son should love and care for his parents more than his kids. I kept pondering this statement. Then the worse of it all was his married sister, she hasn't even met me, but she rained insults and abuses on me on his phone and why he needs to make money first and allow his family to enjoy his money, before getting married. She said I was old, and just forcing him to marry me. I was just 26 then, but my education was very fast.

I had to speak to her dad about this and he cautioned her. I tried speaking to her myself but she rained insults again on me. I called off the wedding at a point but my then-fiance begged and involved my brother and so we went on with the wedding preparations. The wedding went well and his entire family stayed with us for a week before leaving.

My husband got a good job, I was working, we were fine and money wasn't our problem. A few months later, my father-in-law died. I sent messages and called hubby's siblings to comfort them. I couldn't travel with him immediately due to the nature of my job. I kept calling to check on him and inquire about the traditional rites I might need to be a part of. Hubby said his father was a pastor so he won't need to do anything, while we were yet speaking, his sister who hates me snatched the phone from him and said I have to do this and that or I should pack my things and leave the house and then she shouted at me.

I was so pissed and acted in a way that wasn't right considering that we were all mourning. I sent a message to her, telling her to be nice considering that we are all mourning but if she chooses to continue insulting and humiliating me for no reason, I won't take it. She forwarded the message to the entire family, including uncles, aunts, and grandchildren. On the day of the burial, I was treated as an outcast by the entire family, she told them not to give my birth family food, even though they came bearing gifts and comforting everyone. Hubby had to step in and ask the caterers to serve them.

She kept fighting and shouting at my hubby throughout the burial and tried denying him of things he was supposed to do as the first son and child. I was humiliated and she kept castigating my name and insulting me to hearings of everyone. I wasn't even allowed to eat. I was quiet all through, when family members were asked to sit behind the corpse, she asked me to excuse them.

For fear of my life after the burial, I had to go lodge in a hotel outside. The next morning she and her brother kept shouting and complaining that why did hubby allow me to lodge and that I should have been with their mom. They continued the humiliation, I couldn't take it anymore or hold back my tears so I left.

Hubby later told me that she held a meeting in my absence with the entire family and told them I'm a bad wife and needs to leave her brother. This was when hubby stood up for me and said I wasn't going anywhere.

Our marriage was never the same. Even when we had our daughter, no one called, hubby was ostracized from his own family and he blamed me sometimes. I couldn't concentrate at work, and my job is performance-based. I was scared that I'll be fired, so I resigned.

Hubby's income wasn't enough to sustain us, so we started facing financial difficulties. He had to even go meet the same sister to borrow money, even though I discouraged it. She always mocked him for it and I had to pay off the loan at a point.

When she saw that we are now broke, she stopped fighting with him and they are on talking terms now, of course, she still wants nothing to do with me. I know that they are family by blood and nothing is too hard to forgive, but each time she calls and they are happily discussing, Ican't help but feel angry for all she has caused us. I'm sometimes tempted to leave this marriage because this is not what I envisaged at all.

My brother is also married and I have never felt the need to interfere in his marriage or fight his wife.

I don't know how long I can continue in this union, even my innocent beautiful daughter is hated by them.
Romance / Re: Tribalism by 13sense: 7:12pm On Apr 24, 2023
Tribalism is eating them up

KingintheNorth:
I used to be one of the biggest fan of nairaland forum back in the day, it use to be where I go to when I want to get current and trending information, funny contents ,comments etc . But now every post is corrupted with tribal sentiments, igbo this, Yoruba that, etc. politicians have finally succeeded in dividing and destroying your mindsets about each other . The funny thing is ,all these tribal sentiments and fights only exist in Nigeria . Outside here abroad, every Nigerian identify as one , nobody cares to know if you are from the east,west ,north or south. For Nigeria to grow as a nation and as a people , you guys must first of all deradicalise your mindsets . Your enemy is the politicians that are exploiting and killing you not your fellow struggling Nigerian. I have decided to quit looking at nairaland posts and comments we post about each other because it's depressing seeing how backwards we are going as a people. I am out .
Romance / Re: Please What Cream Is Best For A Very Sensitive Fair Skin? by 13sense: 7:58pm On Mar 28, 2023
You like my skin?
Use Clear Essence

Teophilus96:
This is one month I have gone without rubbing a cream.

My skin is very sensitive or if not the most sensitive skin you will probably come across.

Any slight exposure to any cream, I get hyperpigmentation or eczema. I am naturally fair skinned but it seems like my color is gradually fading as I have not used any cream for a month now.

Please Guys what cream can I use to keep up with my color and not tamper with my skin?

MODIFIED
My skin is such that any sweat it water on it creates this whitish looking pigmented skin. I just hope you understand.

Romance / Re: Who Missed Me by 13sense: 12:45pm On Mar 21, 2023
190:

And u know me? grin

I only heard about the days of 190 on nairaland

1 Like

Romance / Re: When A Girl Starts Sending You Money, What Does It Mean? by 13sense: 1:41am On Mar 17, 2023
Karlifate:
Strong men are rewarded with pleasant female nature.ll
Weak men are punished by cruel female nature.

💯

What do you mean?.

Please elaborate a bit
Romance / Re: Who Missed Me by 13sense: 3:40pm On Mar 16, 2023
ifihearam:

How can you a member in 2022 hear about him?

nah

I was a guest user for 5 years

1 Like

Romance / Re: A married woman n Is threatening To breakup our relationship again. Please Help! by 13sense: 3:31pm On Mar 16, 2023
MechanicMike:
Am still in live with this lady but she sayin shes tired of cheating on her husband who is one of the Ushers in my church. Shes lightskin and I really love her so much coz I love her too much....and her two kid. Well I dont really love her kid really but I love her more affectionably. Please help please. angry

Mrcock is that you?.

5 Likes

Romance / Re: Who Missed Me by 13sense: 9:48pm On Mar 15, 2023
190:

Gimme a clue, grin

What did you hear about me angry

Red piller
The guy who despise) Nigeria womenll
Travel / Re: What Else Can A Man Do To Please A Woman. (UK EXPERIENCE) by 13sense: 1:37pm On Mar 15, 2023
Insultme:

Thanks.
The reasons am not saying anything now is that the guy is here and if I should agree or disagree with any advice here is that, she might be informed before I can execute my plans.

Good one √ You need to boot that ungrateful witch out of your life
Travel / Re: What Else Can A Man Do To Please A Woman. (UK EXPERIENCE) by 13sense: 1:00pm On Mar 15, 2023
IyaebeTheGreat:
Harsh treatment, they should settle and if that is not in sight then they can le and hel can still help her whenever the need arises. They shouldn’t part on a sour note. You don’t pay evil with evil. Some women sha

Keep quiet. Must you make senseless comment?
Romance / Re: Who Missed Me by 13sense: 12:19pm On Mar 15, 2023
190:
Who missed me? grin grin

Heard about you a lot
Travel / . by 13sense: 3:22pm On Mar 14, 2023
Religion / Re: God Will Save Common Nigerians Oppressed By Those In Authority – Adeboye by 13sense: 1:09am On Mar 14, 2023
Omooba77:

You are entitled to your own opinion......

Avoid.

That person buuda atun. He is of darkness. Always avoid people like him.
Politics / Re: The Secret Plan Of Buhari by 13sense: 2:58pm On Mar 04, 2023
INEC HAS REALLY DONE SO MUCH HARM TO THIS NATION.

2 Likes

Romance / Re: Plsssssss Come To My Aid Nairalander I'm Losing It by 13sense: 2:53pm On Feb 17, 2023
Hakkiim0:
do you sell it?

No I don't sell. It is an imported american product. Please Avoid any cream that iz Made in Nigeria. I boldly recommend your cream to clear Essence lotion.

For all skin type.
Romance / Re: Plsssssss Come To My Aid Nairalander I'm Losing It by 13sense: 6:20pm On Feb 08, 2023
Hakkiim0:
Good day Nairalanders.
Let me go straight to the point.
I have been suffering from pimples since I was 14yrs of age and now I'm 17yrs and it's getting worster.
I'm am staying with my stepfather here at Abuja and he care less.
I bought different medicine with my hard earned money but non of them could get rid of the acne.
I guess it because I don't have enough money to buy a top notch medicine that is why.
I'm really devastated and feeling melancholy.
Almost everyone averts their face when their eyes comes in contact with my face and that feeling is very painful, I didn't asked for this.
Apart from the acne issues I'm suffering.
I don't want to go deep about what I'm going through for some reasons.
Because when that man finds out,I'm in for it .
Please I really need to get a top notch med. That would get rid of the pimple.
I really appreciate anybody that would assist me.
My account number below.
Opay.

Pls my face is really disgusting 😭

This will zorve your face probmrm.

Romance / Re: The Two Ogbanje (Friends) by 13sense: 2:40pm On Jan 26, 2023
The OP is right. Man gat to shine his eyes and see beyond beauty..

2 Likes 1 Share

Religion / Re: The Goddess Of All Witches by 13sense: 2:03pm On Jan 22, 2023
May God have mercy on us
Romance / Re: The 4 Different Types Of Men - Erotic (Photos) by 13sense: 12:18pm On Jan 21, 2023
This OP is hilarious. grin grin grin

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (of 5 pages)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.