Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,408 members, 7,819,457 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:39 PM

"just Friends" = Very Rare! - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / "just Friends" = Very Rare! (3012 Views)

Why Is It Very Rare To Find Likes On Male Pictures On Nairaland / Can You Remain Just Friends With An Ex? / My Boyfriend Wants To Be 'Just Friends' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

"just Friends" = Very Rare! by donpapa(m): 1:33pm On Jun 06, 2008
I have got to vent about this, because I have actual proof that I am right. Ever since I started dating, I've had to deal with the drama of all my girlfriends having guy friends. Then I met my ex Dammy, Dammy was hands down the smartest woman I have EVER met. When her and I started dating, she was amazing, the first thing she did was get rid of all her guy friends. When I asked why, since this was the first girl I had ever dated who actually had done this, she responded with "Guys arent friends with girls for anything other then in the hopes that they'll either get sex out of it or eventually possibly date you". Now that is a WOMAN confirming that its true, so having said that, how the hell can any girl get mad at there boyfriends for not being cool with her having guy friends? Hell even I've had friends who were girls that I messed around with while they've had boyfriends lol guys and girls as "just friends" = very rare!! What's your view?
Re: "just Friends" = Very Rare! by Nobody: 1:37pm On Jun 06, 2008
I understand what you are saying but i don't think it's rare
Re: "just Friends" = Very Rare! by ayeesha: 1:41pm On Jun 06, 2008
guess i`m one of the rare cases. i have male friends that are just that! friends and nothing more. some have girlfriends and some dnt but we are still friends. cheesy
Re: "just Friends" = Very Rare! by onyinye2(f): 1:45pm On Jun 06, 2008
it truly depends on the individual. some people can handle having a friend of the opposite sex and not having any sexual attraction. and there some people who cant handle that kind of relationship because sex rules their lives
Re: "just Friends" = Very Rare! by donpapa(m): 1:48pm On Jun 06, 2008
ibkaye:

I understand what you are saying but i don't think it's rare
well to me, IT'S RARE. by the way why do you say that?
Re: "just Friends" = Very Rare! by donpapa(m): 1:54pm On Jun 06, 2008
onyinye2:

it truly depends on the individual. some people can handle having a friend of the opposite sex and not having any sexual attraction. and there some people who can't handle that kind of relationship because sex rules their lives
fact cheesy
Re: "just Friends" = Very Rare! by Nobody: 7:24pm On Jun 06, 2008
onyinye2:

it truly depends on the individual. some people can handle having a friend of the opposite sex and not having any sexual attraction. and there some people who can't handle that kind of relationship because sex rules their lives

True.

The problem is will their partners stand the sight or believe the fact that they are just firends?But thats another issue.
Re: "just Friends" = Very Rare! by Nobody: 7:26pm On Jun 06, 2008
@post
you're correct. . .b/c it happend to ehrrrrrrrm

but to other people? i dnt know. I have my own phase, my own little space smiley
Re: "just Friends" = Very Rare! by RThESlyR: 7:35pm On Jun 06, 2008
Guys arent friends with girls for anything other then in the hopes that they'll either get sex out of it or eventually possibly date you".
I just wonder how some people think before spewing rubbish!.
Re: "just Friends" = Very Rare! by proo212(m): 10:47pm On Jun 06, 2008
I have lots of female friends that I don't want to sleep with. Maybe once in a while it crossed my mind but I'm naaaa, i'm not interested in her that way.

If they want to jump my bones on the other hand, i have to think about it. It has to be that they are single and i like them in that way. If they are dating someone, then a big no no,
Re: "just Friends" = Very Rare! by Nobody: 1:42am On Jun 07, 2008
It's not rare as you're trying to presume. There are[i] benefits [/i] in having guy friends cool, so who wouldn't love to have them around. cool
Re: "just Friends" = Very Rare! by Xerxes4(m): 1:59am On Jun 07, 2008
What benefits?
Free trips to the cinema, free snacks and what else?
U sound so much like a freeloader now. angry
Re: "just Friends" = Very Rare! by Nobody: 2:17am On Jun 07, 2008
Why are you eating yourself? tongue

Most of the time you need them to shield you away from unwanted advances from other guys, then you can add the free stuff you listed to that cool
Re: "just Friends" = Very Rare! by Xerxes4(m): 2:24am On Jun 07, 2008
@ Stillwater,

U are a freeloader. grin cheesy
Use a man as a woman shield? It's pathetic.
Re: "just Friends" = Very Rare! by Nobody: 2:32am On Jun 07, 2008
Sorry I don't impose on people's generosity as you are trying to assume.

By the way what's pathetic about a man shielding a woman? You'll make a very bad friend to any woman if that's how you think. tongue
Re: "just Friends" = Very Rare! by Xerxes4(m): 2:35am On Jun 07, 2008
stillwater:

Sorry I don't impose on people's generosity as you are trying to assume.
By the way what's pathetic about a man shielding a woman? You'll make a very bad friend to any woman if that's how you think. tongue

A man should shield his own woman not someone else's woman. . . . .
So u are saying its ethical to get close to a man(who u don't intend to date) to shield u from predators?
Isn't that relationship a bit parasitic? I mean. . . . .what exactly are u offering as a woman?
Re: "just Friends" = Very Rare! by Nobody: 3:00am On Jun 07, 2008
Isn't that relationship a bit parasitic? I mean. . . . .what exactly are u offering as a woman?

What else would I offer than friendship.

A man should shield his own woman not someone else's woman. . . . .
So u are saying its ethical to get close to a man(who u don't intend to date) to shield u from predators?

What do you mean by getting close to a man? Making it sound as if a man is some kind of demon. We are talking about friendship here, what's unethical about that?
Re: "just Friends" = Very Rare! by Xerxes4(m): 3:06am On Jun 07, 2008
stillwater:

What do you mean by getting close to a man? Making it sound as if a man is some kind of demon. We are talking about friendship here, what's unethical about that?

What i am saying is stop USING men to achieve ur selfish goals.
If u really need protection, hire a bodyguard or DATE a man!!!!
Stop getting close to men because u need their protection while u give nuthing back. . .
That aint SYMBIOTIC. . . . .It's PARASITIC. cheesy grin
Re: "just Friends" = Very Rare! by 4Him1(m): 3:11am On Jun 07, 2008
~Xerxes~:

What i am saying is stop USING men to achieve your selfish goals.
Stop getting close to men because u need their protection while u give nuthing back. . .
That aint SYMBIOTIC. . . . .It's PARASITIC.
cheesy grin

Its not parasitic, its perfectly normal.
Re: "just Friends" = Very Rare! by Xerxes4(m): 3:13am On Jun 07, 2008
Perfectly normal ma ass.
I am allergic to freeloaders.
Re: "just Friends" = Very Rare! by Nobody: 3:16am On Jun 07, 2008
~Xerxes~:

Perfectly normal ma ass.
I am allergic to freeloaders.

It's called friendship. , most of my friends are male.
why? becuz most females are drama queens. My BF did this my BF did that bla bla bla yada yada. . .
men dnt talk much, fun to be around with, jokes alot, and they're not jealous of how you look or dress, or if you'll try to steal their BFs. . .most females can be annoying.
Re: "just Friends" = Very Rare! by Xerxes4(m): 3:18am On Jun 07, 2008
Forget about what men can give in this kinda union. . . . .
What are the chics willing to give??
Re: "just Friends" = Very Rare! by Nobody: 3:19am On Jun 07, 2008
~Xerxes~:

What i am saying is stop USING men to achieve your selfish goals.
That aint SYMBIOTIC. . . . .It's PARASITIC. cheesy grin

Selfish goals? Now that's a laugh!!!!!!!!!

Are they complaining? NO!!!! and I don't think they feel used either

And there's nothing parasitic about it. I offer friendship and by the way who wouldn't want to be in my company? tongue
Re: "just Friends" = Very Rare! by Nobody: 3:20am On Jun 07, 2008
~Xerxes~:

Forget about what men can give in this kind of union. . . . .
friendship in return. . .
I mean, wetin we wan give? body?
naww. . .you give me trouble, I give you trouble
You help me, I help you
As long as he does not cross the limit
Re: "just Friends" = Very Rare! by Nobody: 3:22am On Jun 07, 2008
~Xerxes~:

Xerxes it's not by force to be a woman's friend, OK. If you feel she's living off you please take a long walk!!!!!!
Re: "just Friends" = Very Rare! by Xerxes4(m): 3:24am On Jun 07, 2008
stillwater:

Selfish goals? Now that's a laugh!!!!!!!!!
Are they complaining? NO!!!! and I don't think they feel used either
And there's nothing parasitic about it. I offer friendship and by the way who wouldn't want to be in my company? tongue

Many men won't complain but be rest assured they think about the whole arragement longer than women.
How would u know a man is being used when u are the user. . . .This is hularious.
In your company, Still. . . . .forget it. I wld rather be in the company of a wild rattlesnake. wink cheesy

stillwater:

Xerxes it's not by force to be a woman's friend, OK. If you feel she's living off you please take a long walk!!!!!!

Now i know why there are so unmarried/unattached women in Naija.
This kinda mentality ensures they are g'onna die single. cheesy wink
Re: "just Friends" = Very Rare! by 4Him1(m): 3:27am On Jun 07, 2008
~Xerxes~:

experience it first, u'd be surprised how much they have to give u. Intangible little things that you take for granted until they are no longer there.
Re: "just Friends" = Very Rare! by Xerxes4(m): 3:32am On Jun 07, 2008
Intangible things me ass. . . .
A woman one is not dating only brings trouble and issues she's having with her boy/f.
She cries on ma shoulder everytime she gets mashed by her boy/f. . . . .Is that what i need in me life? Not a chance, mate.
I dont keep female pals. . . . .It has to be dating or keep em at arms length.
Having a female pal is synonymous to keeping a Black Mamba in one's bedroom.
Re: "just Friends" = Very Rare! by Nobody: 3:36am On Jun 07, 2008
Many men won't complain but be rest assured they think about the whole arragement longer than women.
How would u know a man is being used when u are the user. . . .This is hularious.
In your company, Still. . . . .forget it. I would rather be in the company of a wild rattlesnake.  

Are you trying to say because a man friend shields me from unwanted advances he's now being used? I hope you did not kiss a cow before logging on today cheesy.
Scaredy cat!!!!!!

Now i know why there are so unmarried/unattached women in Naija.
This kind of mentality ensures they are g'onna die single.

What do you mean by this? You've been whinning here for like ever and when I told you to take a walk you cry foul. How does that sound in your ears?
Re: "just Friends" = Very Rare! by Nobody: 3:42am On Jun 07, 2008
~Xerxes~:

Intangible things me ass. . . .
A woman one is not dating only brings trouble and issues she's having with her boy/f.
She cries on ma shoulder everytime she gets mashed by her boy/f. . . . .Is that what i need in me life? Not a chance, mate.
I don't keep female pals. . . . .It has to be dating or keep em at arms length.
Having a female pal is synonymous to keeping a Black Mamba in one's bedroom.

Then why are you bothered? You see how sexist you sound again. Cry on your shoulder? "Cos you are what. . . Voltron? Pleaseeeeeee
Re: "just Friends" = Very Rare! by Xerxes4(m): 3:45am On Jun 07, 2008
@ Stillwater,

Of course, u are a user.
When u have a male friend doing what yor boy/friend should do without really offering him something in return, it makes u are a user.
Be honest, how often do u see a dude with his own gurlfriend offering u the same quality of protection? It's almost impossible.
Majority of guys like these are single themselves and are clueless. I refuse to be used by schemers like u. tongue cheesy

Kiss a cow before logging on? How about kissing a diva before logging on?
U keep missing the point like a free throw shot. Why should a casual friend do the duties of a boyfriend without the benefits??
Blimey. . . . . .that's pathetic.
If u need a protective shield against unwanted advances, date a man(let him take care of that) stop using someone else's boyfriend.
It's self-centred and narcissistic.

Sexist for looking out for me? Call it anything u want. . . . . .soon u'll understand.
Re: "just Friends" = Very Rare! by Nobody: 3:56am On Jun 07, 2008
You still don't get it!!!!!!! tongue *shakes head*

Why should a casual friend do the duties of a boyfriend without the benefits??
Blimey. . . . . .that's pathetic.

Now we will start from the grassroot by telling me what friendship is to you?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My Experience On Nairaland: Please Share! / She Think Say I Be Mugu? / Could My E-boyfriend Be My Fiance's Brother

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.