Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,803 members, 7,820,809 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:14 PM

Pictures Of The Bad Leadership In Abia State(aba) - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pictures Of The Bad Leadership In Abia State(aba) (35887 Views)

We Need Good Leadership In The SE Not Biafra. / Chuka Umunna Declares Intention To Run For Labour Leadership In UK / Charly Boy, Dele Momodu, Others Protest Bad Leadership (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pictures Of The Bad Leadership In Abia State(aba) by Afam4eva(m): 3:34pm On Aug 21, 2013
^^^
The last picture is the road beside the sunday market in Ogba and that road is very bad and has not even been touched. But i think it won't be for to long because the road linking to it is presently been worked on. I also want Fashola to do something about the road that links Ogba to Adeniyi JOnes. That road is a cagey macabar dance and it needs fixing.
Re: Pictures Of The Bad Leadership In Abia State(aba) by redsun(m): 3:35pm On Aug 21, 2013
Abagworo:

Going by what I normally see from my flight while landing on MM2, there are worse roads in Ikeja around the airport area. It will be right to expose bad leadership but without tribal bias or claiming yours is better.

Ikorodu, Alimosho and Ogba.

Is this modern day lagos or yesteryears?
Re: Pictures Of The Bad Leadership In Abia State(aba) by Abagworo(m): 3:39pm On Aug 21, 2013
And now to my Southeast/South-south brothers that have been claiming Jonathan has done well. That flooded road posted by OP is a federal highway that links Aba to Calabar via Ikot-Ekpene. The same sad tales is what we experience on the Port-Harcourt axis of East-west road. While I'm not a fan of Orji, the blame goes to Jonathan or FG.
Re: Pictures Of The Bad Leadership In Abia State(aba) by redsun(m): 3:45pm On Aug 21, 2013
It is just a nightmare in that country,nothing works.Monies budgeted for roads are siphoned by those incharge into their personal accounts without anybody raising an eye lid.Nobody has ever bothered to sue the government for bad roads,even with all the unemployed lawyers roaming about that could make names for themselves by being unconventional and adventurous.
Re: Pictures Of The Bad Leadership In Abia State(aba) by adorable29(f): 3:54pm On Aug 21, 2013
Wetin una dey drag 4 sef? Whose state is worst? Isn't this d state of affairs allover the country? Anyway, may God 4give our leaders!
Re: Pictures Of The Bad Leadership In Abia State(aba) by funnyx(m): 3:54pm On Aug 21, 2013
So it's now a case of whose roads worst past cheesy cheesy comparing failure with failure, it must be a Nigerian thing
Re: Pictures Of The Bad Leadership In Abia State(aba) by kaykay123(m): 3:56pm On Aug 21, 2013
ba7man: Yes, we in the S.W had our fair share of incompetent leader......Under PDP.

Abeg, where did you say is as bad as these roads in Ikeja again??

This guy is an impostor,I want to believe he has never been to Ikeja,he needs to tell us his real names
Re: Pictures Of The Bad Leadership In Abia State(aba) by OPCNAIRALAND: 4:05pm On Aug 21, 2013
This topic is not about roads in Nigeria. This is about slums, filth and poor condition of living in ABA. Focus on topic.

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of The Bad Leadership In Abia State(aba) by ba7man(m): 4:06pm On Aug 21, 2013
kaykay123:

This guy is an impostor,I want to believe he has never been to Ikeja,he needs to tell us his real names
My bad, I drive through Ikeja a lot and i never for once had to pass through those kind of roads except at the end of Adeniyi jones.

I believe you'll have to search hard to find roads like that. At least i can say 90 percent of the roads in Ikeja are tarred.
Re: Pictures Of The Bad Leadership In Abia State(aba) by PedroJP(m): 4:27pm On Aug 21, 2013
i dey stay Abia. T. A. Orji no get conscience at all. To say he is d worst governor will make me sound unserious. He is sthing close to d devil. He is not sthing to write home about when as per his attitudes towards his fellow humans moreorless to do things dat will better their lives. Him never pay dem to eat( instead go find way collect d one wey dem hold put for him pocket) , na construction una wan make him do for them ?

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of The Bad Leadership In Abia State(aba) by bonna4u(m): 4:34pm On Aug 21, 2013
Abagworo: And now to my Southeast/South-south brothers that have been claiming Jonathan has done well. That flooded road posted by OP is a federal highway that links Aba to Calabar via Ikot-Ekpene. The same sad tales is what we experience on the Port-Harcourt axis of East-west road. While I'm not a fan of Orji, the blame goes to Jonathan or FG.
angry angry
Tell the bold part to the blind because I don't buy it going by most of your posts on this forum.
Re: Pictures Of The Bad Leadership In Abia State(aba) by IGBOSON1: 4:51pm On Aug 21, 2013
redsun: Channel TV should be exposing all these atrocities in nigeria like it did with police college.The nightmare hits home better when it is shown on regular TV channel that average nigerians tune into.

^^^Na im be say you wan set trap for Channels TV crew! Ochendo wouldn't authorise them to film anything; and if they try doing it on the sly, they had better pray his thugs don't find out or else they may as well start saying their last prayers!
Re: Pictures Of The Bad Leadership In Abia State(aba) by Nobody: 5:29pm On Aug 21, 2013
Abagworo: This is what average Aba looks like. It seems to be the sense of urbanization found in Southeast as even smaller towns and villages look same.

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=927188
I guess dat 1st pix is azikiwe road, aba has bad roads no doubt, but it also has it good part and t a orji is a goon.
Re: Pictures Of The Bad Leadership In Abia State(aba) by Nebeuwa(m): 6:04pm On Aug 21, 2013
Even with all these problems in Abia, Aba is still able to manufacture goods. What if these people had 24-7 electricity and good roads? They could probably make anything.
Re: Pictures Of The Bad Leadership In Abia State(aba) by smoothlips(m): 6:13pm On Aug 21, 2013
Andre Uweh: OP, Haven't you got better photos than this nonsense.
will shot up dia? Am sure ur a T.A. Orji puppet. Do u want to say the pictures are photoshop? Abia is d worst governed state in Nigeria. Backward and uncompletely witout infrastructure yet T.A orji goes about commissioning pedestarian bridge.
Re: Pictures Of The Bad Leadership In Abia State(aba) by plaindealer: 6:15pm On Aug 21, 2013
Nebeuwa: Even with all these problems in Abia, Aba is still able to manufacture goods. What if these people had 24-7 electricity and good roads? They could probably make anything.

Na only Aba no get electricity?
Re: Pictures Of The Bad Leadership In Abia State(aba) by ba7man(m): 6:16pm On Aug 21, 2013
smoothlips: will shot up dia? Am sure ur a T.A. Orji puppet. Do u want to say the pictures are photoshop? Abia is d worst governed state in Nigeria. Backward and uncompletely witout infrastructure yet T.A orji goes about commissioning pedestarian bridge.
Guy, your lips no smooth at all ooo.... undecided undecided
Re: Pictures Of The Bad Leadership In Abia State(aba) by Anaskie(m): 7:50pm On Aug 21, 2013
I'm surprised that some people have turned this thread to a tribal war. Its no longer news that Gov. T.A Orji is the worst thing to happen to Abia state.
Have u guys forgotten so soon dat he bagged the Nairaland Award of Worst Governor of the year 2 times in a row. Im sure he'll win it this year too. Dat man cant even be a secondary school prefect. The roads in Aba are without doubt, one of the worst in Nigeria. The city itself is probably the dirtiest in the country too. Lets face facts and call a spade a spade. Abia state is messed up big time.
Re: Pictures Of The Bad Leadership In Abia State(aba) by Nobody: 8:01pm On Aug 21, 2013
OPC.NAIRALAND:
This topic is not about roads in Nigeria. This is about slums, filth and poor condition of living in ABA. Focus on topic.

taaaaaaa, as far as aba is concerned, its all about d roads and its sanitation.
Poor living condition what? In Aba? Dats a commercial and industrial hub. We are not talking abt SW here.
Re-read d topic.

And next time u post, be civil.
If these pix were taken from SW nigeria, all d goons will be supporting y a road should have potholes instead of being flat.
But even Abians here outrightly condemn their governor's acts.
I think ur ppl shd learn dat too and not supporting a 3b naira substandard bridge @ Mokola, Ibadan..

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of The Bad Leadership In Abia State(aba) by Nobody: 8:08pm On Aug 21, 2013
smoothlips: will shot up dia? Am sure ur a T.A. Orji puppet. Do u want to say the pictures are photoshop? Abia is d worst governed state in Nigeria. Backward and uncompletely witout infrastructure yet T.A orji goes about commissioning pedestarian bridge.

inasmuch as i despise T.A orji, where did u get it dat Abia as a whole is backward? Umuahia myt not be as fine as Enugu but backwardness is d last word in its dictionary. After Anambra, Abia has d highest concentration of expensive village houses in d country.
Aba ppl are even trying, producing many Made-in-Nigeria goods even in the face of all these.
Finally, there are better pictures of Aba; the OP thinks he was communicating with untravelled folks. Nonsense
Re: Pictures Of The Bad Leadership In Abia State(aba) by Lagosbabe1: 8:18pm On Aug 21, 2013
ngozievergreen:

taaaaaaa, as far as aba is concerned, its all about d roads and its sanitation.
Poor living condition what? In Aba? Dats a commercial and industrial hub. We are not talking abt SW here.
Re-read d topic.

And next time u post, be civil.

If these pix were taken from SW nigeria, all d goons will be supporting y a road should have potholes instead of being flat.
But even Abians here outrightly condemn their governor's acts.
I think ur ppl shd learn dat too and not supporting a 3b naira substandard bridge @ Mokola, Ibadan..

Actually I think it is you and others that should eat the humble pie. I have noticed an unusual resignation by a lot of posters who would have been remonstrating the Yorubas if these pictures had been those of the SW. As opposed to the usual Google images that are posted on NL, these pictures are a firsthand account of a person that visited Aba for the first time and as you can see, it was not a pretty sight.

I think you should learn to check closer to home before pointing out deficiencies in other people's lands. It has been swept under the carpet but we have also learnt that some posters, including those who bear a responsibility of being neutral quickly come to conclusions and accuse posters of having an agenda when the OP clearly was been forthright in her post.
Re: Pictures Of The Bad Leadership In Abia State(aba) by tyoseni(m): 8:30pm On Aug 21, 2013
@opp there are even worse place in the city of Aba. The govt is not only sleepiing but in coma.
Re: Pictures Of The Bad Leadership In Abia State(aba) by Nobody: 8:40pm On Aug 21, 2013
Lagosbabe1:

Actually I think it is you and others that should eat the humble pie. I have noticed an unusual resignation by a lot of posters who would have been remonstrating the Yorubas if these pictures had been those of the SW. As opposed to the usual Google images that are posted on NL, these pictures are a firsthand account of a person that visited Aba for the first time and as you can see, it was not a pretty sight.

I think you should learn to check closer to home before pointing out deficiencies in other people's lands. It has been swept under the carpet but we have also learnt that some posters, including those who bear a responsibility of being neutral quickly come to conclusions and accuse posters of having an agenda when the OP clearly was been forthright in her post.

watever u mean in your initial paragragh..

As for d last parts of ur writing, i was replying sb dat said Aba has poor living conditions and i said No. Thats all.
How many tyms do u ppl want us to say T.A Orji (but definitely not Abia state) is a failure? Is he d only human being in SE? We cant be discussing him everyday
Re: Pictures Of The Bad Leadership In Abia State(aba) by redsun(m): 8:43pm On Aug 21, 2013
IGBO-SON:

^^^Na im be say you wan set trap for Channels TV crew! Ochendo wouldn't authorise them to film anything; and if they try doing it on the sly, they had better pray his thugs don't find out or else they may as well start saying their last prayers!

It not just aba,they should film closer home in lagos like the utube video of ikorodu environs I posted today. That is awful for a state that is claiming to be sanitizing like lagos. Aba is a mess so is lagos,Kano,sokoto,ibadan,onitsha and even abuja

I watch a program on channel 4 few days ago about polio epedemic in northern Nigeria,the whole place looks like landfield. Scene like that makes one hate to be black,not just a nigerian.
Re: Pictures Of The Bad Leadership In Abia State(aba) by Wilfredng: 8:49pm On Aug 21, 2013
take dat: Even though I admire your desire of unraveling the ineptitude of our political leadership, but areas such as those in the pictures are almost everywhere in the country. It does not mean those places are worse than what obtains in many parts of the country.
If not for the mod, I will call you an a.s.shol.e! Maybe your village is like that not "almost everywhere in the country". That Governor is a failed man. Call a spade a spade.
Re: Pictures Of The Bad Leadership In Abia State(aba) by Wilfredng: 8:53pm On Aug 21, 2013
redsun: A typical nigerian road that is not anywhere near aba.Modern day mega lagos that is filling up the ocean for development when there so many dry places undeveloped.Endless chaotic roads and streets.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-cxWao3PaGE
Your claim stinks! We are talking about roads inside the City of Aba, you are bringing roads in interiors of Lagos state.

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of The Bad Leadership In Abia State(aba) by Abagworo(m): 8:54pm On Aug 21, 2013
I've observed that people migrate a lot to Aba but what actually attracts them? I met someone who used to live near my house @Elekahia back in the days and he told me life is cheaper in Aba and there are more opportunities for non-degree holders in Aba. It makes it quite justifiable that since many drop outs from other surrounding cities see Aba as a place they can settle, the state of the environment will very likely mean little to them. A city like Owerri or Enugu where mostly educated people live is likely to maintain sane environment.
Re: Pictures Of The Bad Leadership In Abia State(aba) by redsun(m): 9:13pm On Aug 21, 2013
Wilfred_ng:
Your claim stinks! We are talking about roads inside the City of Aba, you are bringing roads in interiors of Lagos state.

What do call that place? A landdfield? Ode,no place deserve to look like,not even where pigs are kept.
Re: Pictures Of The Bad Leadership In Abia State(aba) by nwoko12: 9:16pm On Aug 21, 2013
Make una come umuahia come hear gist Make i gist una small the abia governor wan distroy the umuahia main market and send the traders to 6 kms away from the town to a new ill built market thats has one main road and 6000 shops surounded by swamp and thick forest its a must oooo u must pay 170000 to the goverment then wen u enter they will tell u how much to pay later and the dead line na september 30 and na do and die affair the market has to come down on that day and the law is if u cant coup go back to u̶̲̥̅̊я village and farm my T A orji don build house on a whole street thats not enough for him pls make una ask T A orji is there a state without a central market or if he demolish the central umuahia market will he bé buried there or will his wife or children bé buried there T A ORJI LIVE AND LETS LIVE BIKONU DEMOCRACY NO BÉ DESTROTION ooooooooo T A orji when u no bé governor we live in peace we need that peace oooooo
Re: Pictures Of The Bad Leadership In Abia State(aba) by touchmeder: 9:20pm On Aug 21, 2013
Ngwakwe: As much as I appreciate the Op's desire to expose bad leadership/government, she was highly selective of what to showcase as to project her view point.

It should also be noted that the said road is about 45 kilometres and these few snaps cannot be full representation of the actual state of the entire road.

Nigerians will never change. do you want progress for your state or not? do you know the number of people that come to Nairaland and are able to make a change or make noise about certain things they see. This is by no means the only bad road in Nigeria, even in Lagos you have bad roads all over the country. if you are that concerned snap it and post it here(irrespective of state). let the people in charge see it and let their conscience prick them. this is not about any state or tribe.
OF WHAT USE IS this 45km road if some portion of it is as bad as what we just saw in the pictures? Would you freely drive on the road and smile when you arrive at these bad spots? What is wrong is wrong irrespective of tribe or state.
Re: Pictures Of The Bad Leadership In Abia State(aba) by Nobody: 9:36pm On Aug 21, 2013
nwoko12: Make una come umuahia come hear gist Make i gist una small the abia governor wan distroy the umuahia main market and send the traders to 6 kms away from the town to a new ill built market thats has one main road and 6000 shops surounded by swamp and thick forest its a must oooo u must pay 170000 to the goverment then wen u enter they will tell u how much to pay later and the dead line na september 30 and na do and die affair the market has to come down on that day and the law is if u cant coup go back to u̶̲̥̅̊я village and farm my T A orji don build house on a whole street thats not enough for him pls make una ask T A orji is there a state without a central market or if he demolish the central umuahia market will he bé buried there or will his wife or children bé buried there T A ORJI LIVE AND LETS LIVE BIKONU DEMOCRACY NO BÉ DESTROTION ooooooooo T A orji when u no bé governor we live in peace we need that peace oooooo
orji na idiot oooo, bt logically, dat market no suppose dey isi-gate ooo, bt he should make d shops affordable.
Re: Pictures Of The Bad Leadership In Abia State(aba) by plaindealer: 9:48pm On Aug 21, 2013
Wilfred_ng:

Anything to divert attention from their sorrow...

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

8 Governors Ask Oyegun To Resign - Vanguard / Court Of Appeal Nullifies The Election Of Uche Ekwunife Of The PDP As Senator / Tinubu Saga : Buhari Meets With John Oyegun In Aso Rock Today(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.