Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,199 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:52 AM

Pictures Of The Bad Leadership In Abia State(aba) - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pictures Of The Bad Leadership In Abia State(aba) (35857 Views)

We Need Good Leadership In The SE Not Biafra. / Chuka Umunna Declares Intention To Run For Labour Leadership In UK / Charly Boy, Dele Momodu, Others Protest Bad Leadership (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pictures Of The Bad Leadership In Abia State(aba) by Lordave: 11:35am On Aug 21, 2013
stronger9: I live in Aba. T. A. Orji is the the worst thing to happen to abia state since the creation of the state. the man is not even fit to act as a councillor. What we have in abia state is photocracy, govt by photographs. The man would display some photographs of some prototype houses and claim that those are the dividends of democracy. He spends a substantial part of abia money and pays ait, Silverbird and channels TV stations to orchestrate his imagined achievements. His only interest is in collecting revenues from the people. He is a monumental failure, the worst ever. Pls do not condemn the OP, the pictures are true and is a microcosm of the macrocosm of the state of aba, and may God bless her.
I was shocked when a friend who works in Reiz continental hotel told me last year that this useless gov celebrated the installation of a plastic pedestrian bridge in Abia Poly, when he came to showcase his achievements in Abuja.
Re: Pictures Of The Bad Leadership In Abia State(aba) by Nobody: 11:35am On Aug 21, 2013
I still don't know why we build cities without developing proper sanitation and drainage system....

Without proper sanitation and drainage, a city or whatever you call it becomes a 'glorified slum'.

We will spend billions on buildings, interior designs, cars, etc, without looking at effective ways to manage our waste.

Soon, people will get infections that are absolutely preventable.

Yes, OP is right by saying these problems need addressing, other people are also right by saying it isn't Aba alone that has this peculiar problem, hence no need to make it a tribal issue.

2 Likes

Re: Pictures Of The Bad Leadership In Abia State(aba) by Nobody: 11:35am On Aug 21, 2013
eagle,eye:
z
What good places? The places built by Individuals or by govt.
Someone once came to this forum and posted pictures of PZ junction as evidence that T.A. is working.
Is The filling station at PZ built by TA.?
Is the Crest Hotel built by TA?
Is Eko Bank built by TA?
Abeg, let's shun all these OP has a motive and say the truth for once.
you are nt getting me, I haven't said anythng abt the state govt, what am saying is there are stil good places, wch both of us kw. I cnt jst start snapping pictures of bad places in onitsha, port harcourt, lagos and evn uyo (though I cnt waste dat precious time sha), we all kw aba has bad roads, d state govt isn't doing well and all dat, bt he should hv snapped d good places 2, rather than jst trying 2 downgrade d city, I hv gone 2 d major cities ind southern part of nigeria, this shit isn't peculiar 2 abia state (though it shouldn't b an excuse) bt dnt make it sound as if the whole of aba or abia state is a slum, cos of few pix.
Re: Pictures Of The Bad Leadership In Abia State(aba) by Tundeolaniyi: 11:36am On Aug 21, 2013
This type of road is everywhere. Even my area here in Ikeja is worse than this. But that is not to say that Orji should not wake up to his responsibilities.
Re: Pictures Of The Bad Leadership In Abia State(aba) by ettybaba(m): 11:38am On Aug 21, 2013
Afam4eva:
I'm not against the OP exposing the incompetence of the Abia state government but the title of the post does not do justice to that. She's giving us the impression that the pictures are from her visit to Abia and i find it strange that those images are the only images she saw in Abia. It would have made more sese if the title of the thread was "Pictures of the bad leadership in Abia".
Shut up! Is that too difficult to do?
Re: Pictures Of The Bad Leadership In Abia State(aba) by Nobody: 11:39am On Aug 21, 2013
let us all contribute to the progress of nigeria, for our generation and generations of the future. there is no reason for nigeria as a country, each state as part of the whole pie, each to each locality as part of the slice and each town as part of bite piece, the whole thing belong to each one of us.

when the people of other nations address each of us, they do not see but the national identity; nigerian. if you live in aba, you have to drive and use all the infrastructures in your community, your state and if nigeria were to be a safe environment, people may drive cross country, doing site seeing when on vacation. there are wealthy people who do not fly in advance countries but drive instead.

there is no reason to have any bad road or open sewage, etc in any part of the nation. no reason that nigeria should not be like any first rate nation. no reason. so let us cooperate and know that nigeria belong to each of us. if you have money to live anywhere in nigeria, no one will stop you as long as you spend your money to own what is yours.
Re: Pictures Of The Bad Leadership In Abia State(aba) by eagleeye2: 11:40am On Aug 21, 2013
LastApostle: Aba is a cosmopolitan area that the state government with it meagre resources cannot conveniently solve it urban renewal problems.

Which one is 'meagre resources'? Do you know Abia's monthly allocation?
Even if it 'meagre resources' as you put it, what stops TA from doing at least one tangible thing for the people of ABA? Instead of Coming to commission a rubbish fly over at Abiapoly.
With the 'meagre resources' he ha bought up the whole of Ibeku and other parts of Umuahia......
with the 'meagre resources' his son is lavishing money (govt money) as if it were his inheritance.
Abeg let's speak the truth and sham the devil.
Re: Pictures Of The Bad Leadership In Abia State(aba) by COOLDUN: 11:45am On Aug 21, 2013
Afam4eva: It's obvious the OP had an agenda when she brought out her cameras to take pictures. of course these pics are mostly like those of Aba but you can't travel to Aba and tell me that these are the best pictures you could take.

You should just stop ranting and commend this OP for a job well done, i can see that you are one of those people that support evil and incompetence of the devilish rulers you call your leaders.

Where did you expect the OP to snap? Government house? Governor’s office? His wife's kitchen? And Orji Uzo Kanu's home at Igbere right?

This is one of the good things the OPs in this forum are doing that makes me happy, OP, God bless you for exposing these pits of hell which the government sponsored hungry journalists are hiding for a just peanut.

Those who hate truth must surely be covered in a pit. Truth is bitter but it saves more than lie. OP, please during your next visit extends your search light to other areas. God will punish the rulers and their entire generations for rewinding the development of this country to 10 centuries backwards. OP, I love this as an Igbo man who love and live in truth. God bless you. More greases and batteries to your elbow/camera my dear.

7 Likes

Re: Pictures Of The Bad Leadership In Abia State(aba) by ettybaba(m): 11:48am On Aug 21, 2013
collynzo2: I cannot spend one night in Aba, my skin crawls driving past there alone. The dirtiest place in Nigeria.
I'm telling you. Abia is the armpit of Nigeria.
Re: Pictures Of The Bad Leadership In Abia State(aba) by orji63(m): 11:56am On Aug 21, 2013
Let's call a spade a spade not an instrument of agriculture.To be honest these pictures represent the happenings in Abia state.Why are abians pretending as if all is well.For the untutored Abia state has been plundered by the powers that be for these 14 years with no development to show.All you see is task force here and there.when the chips are down we shall know.Many thanks to this my would be inlaw who had the courage to expose the rut in the government of Abia state.instead of people like Afam to applaud her he takes to ostrich kind of stance as if all is well with Abia.

3 Likes

Re: Pictures Of The Bad Leadership In Abia State(aba) by Nobody: 11:58am On Aug 21, 2013
Pls pple of abia u pple should find a beta governor by 2015 pls.Vry soon akwa ibom state will make an enviroment that will interest investors to d south east,abia is quite close to akwa ibom,do u pple want investors coming into abia to run away?No b play mata,abia state dirty,i min e dirty no b small.
Re: Pictures Of The Bad Leadership In Abia State(aba) by eagleeye2: 11:58am On Aug 21, 2013
customized13: you are nt getting me, I haven't said anythng abt the state govt, what am saying is there are stil good places, wch both of us kw. I cnt jst start snapping pictures of bad places in onitsha, port harcourt, lagos and evn uyo (though I cnt waste dat precious time sha), we all kw aba has bad roads, d state govt isn't doing well and all dat, bt he should hv snapped d good places 2, rather than jst trying 2 downgrade d city, I hv gone 2 d major cities ind southern part of nigeria, this shit isn't peculiar 2 abia state (though it shouldn't b an excuse) bt dnt make it sound as if the whole of aba or abia state is a slum, cos of few pix.
I have travelled round this country, as well...... but right now, I live in Aba and I intend staying for sometime before relocating elsewhere......... The good places are there but they are put up by individuals and few corporate bodies. The painful part is that they exist side by side with filth.
Re: Pictures Of The Bad Leadership In Abia State(aba) by skerries: 12:00pm On Aug 21, 2013
Remember that the so called former Governor built 400 bed room mansion and recently boasted to be richer than Dangote. that goes to show the mentality of our leaders. the problem here is the igbos who refused to see through their nose.

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of The Bad Leadership In Abia State(aba) by Nobody: 12:01pm On Aug 21, 2013
stexsy: life is a choice, d OP decided to show d bad side of aba, y kill her, go n snap ur own n show us..
dats left 4 d people dat stay in aba, I don't stay in aba, op cnt tel me thr are no bad roads in his state?
Re: Pictures Of The Bad Leadership In Abia State(aba) by owolabifunke14(f): 12:07pm On Aug 21, 2013
FreeGlobe: The OP I believe is one of the detribalized yorubas on nairaland. I have no problem with her posting these pictures, I believe its not borne out of malicious intent unlike fellow yorubas on nairaland. I will however advise maintain her privacy outside nairaland as the Abia State govt will not take this likely.lol. I just have a problem with the malicious intent of the nairaland mods who took this to the hompage. Such threads as Fashola is a dictator - PDP, Aregbesola declares public holidays for traditional worshippers and others have not been accorded the same treatement.
However, the south east governors are all rogues and its high time we started voting credible and ambitous people to hold offices in the south east. We should set the example. People like Peter Obi, Theordore orji, Martins Elechi have no business with governance.
tnx,people are busy calling me all sorts of names. I wonder hw I got it wrong.
Re: Pictures Of The Bad Leadership In Abia State(aba) by dbucas: 12:09pm On Aug 21, 2013
the person wey d talk say yoruba go snap bad places for Aba, ok tell me which place gud for Aba.

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of The Bad Leadership In Abia State(aba) by ChristKid1: 12:16pm On Aug 21, 2013
This one is even small. The state of roads in south east is pathetic. You guys should see the ones in Anambra. I'll make a thread for it one of these days. If it'll take mockery from others to get them back on track, I don't mind.
Re: Pictures Of The Bad Leadership In Abia State(aba) by Nobody: 12:17pm On Aug 21, 2013
Abagworo: It is easy to detect biased pictures. OP gave him/herself up by snapping dirty open drainage. IMHO places like these shouldn't be in Nigeria 60 years after independence and Aba seems to have lots of it. Aba's case is too complex for only government to deal with because there was population explosion and people moved into surrounding villages and built houses without roads and proper drainage. Ehere and Ohanze are towns in Obi Ngwa LGA and not Aba though.

WORD!!!
Re: Pictures Of The Bad Leadership In Abia State(aba) by Nobody: 12:19pm On Aug 21, 2013
Chris†Kid:
This one is even small. The state of roads in south east is pathetic. You guys should see the ones in Anambra. I'll make a thread for it one of these days. If it'll take mockery from others to get them back on track, I don't mind.
but i heard anambra has the best roads/road network in nigeria.Na hear i hear o.
Re: Pictures Of The Bad Leadership In Abia State(aba) by Lagosbabe1: 12:21pm On Aug 21, 2013
Afam4eva: It's obvious the OP had an agenda when she brought out her cameras to take pictures. of course these pics are mostly like those of Aba but you can't travel to Aba and tell me that these are the best pictures you could take.

@ Afam,

I think you are the one that is taking this personally, why does this bother you so much? I am quite intrigued because recent posts from some Nairalanders suggested that Aba was more developed than most of the SW, I will commend the OP for shedding more light on the state of affairs in Aba. If anyone is angry about these pictures, then they direct their anger to the leaders who should take responsibility for the pathetic state of that place

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of The Bad Leadership In Abia State(aba) by ocular007(m): 12:26pm On Aug 21, 2013
who is that fool saying that salaries of teachers are not paid.This is a total blackmail,everything about this thread is a total derogation .I want to let you know that T.A has made his mark and has written his name in the good book,so if you must know T.A put in place many legacy projects, and one of his greatest legacies in this present administration is the sustenance of peace in the communities. This has impacted positively on development. Through its relevant agencies like the ministry, of local government and chieftaincy Affairs, it has resolved Ezeship and , inter- community disputes in rural, grassroots communities through prompt, settlement of 76 ezeship and inter-community disputes.
The government has provided conducive environment for local government administration by taking proactive decisions ‘fed actions on security reports received from the local governments. The Abia state government has continued to pay allowances of Ndieze regularly in addition to facilitating payment of over NI00m old debts as well as arrears of salaries owed by the 17 LGAs and ensured regular prompt payment of salaries owed by local governments in the state. The state government during the period under review completed the construction of the JAAC / Ndieze secretariat crescent with asphalt by direct labour; procured and distributed 3711 300KVA transformers to the 17 local governments and institutions in the state. Government also procured and distributed 72 vehicles to the 17 transition committee chairmen and all Revenue units of the 17 LGAs as well as the principal officers of Abia state traditional Rulers council. Government has also made funds available for the renovation of the local government headquarters and also produced uniform sign posts for them. The ministry in keeping with the governor’s directive empowered 6000 Abia youths across the local government areas.

Re: Pictures Of The Bad Leadership In Abia State(aba) by gentlechyke(m): 12:28pm On Aug 21, 2013
[size=16pt]I Hope the governor of Abia will read all these comments[/size]
Re: Pictures Of The Bad Leadership In Abia State(aba) by mecedonia(m): 12:31pm On Aug 21, 2013
This pictures in not recent 70 percent of all this road have been reconstructed, pls stop printing the state black online

Re: Pictures Of The Bad Leadership In Abia State(aba) by Nobody: 12:32pm On Aug 21, 2013
Why Igbos like to take everything as tribalism? my village suckz and the govt is not working. Did i offend anybody? NO.

You igbos on NL should blame it on politicians rather than defending dirty state. Abia is dirty everybody knew it. Eastern Nigeria lack good roads everybody knew it. why blaming yoruba or tribalism?

I schooled in the east. I know every.

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of The Bad Leadership In Abia State(aba) by diresimdi(m): 12:32pm On Aug 21, 2013
Aba in Abia State is an eyesore, the governor could well be regarded as the worst in the country. Shame unto the Abia State govt for the filty and deplorable state of roads and streets in Aba.
Re: Pictures Of The Bad Leadership In Abia State(aba) by Abagworo(m): 12:33pm On Aug 21, 2013
Lagosbabe1:

@ Afam,

I think you are the one that is taking this personally, why does this bother you so much? I am quite intrigued because recent posts from some Nairalanders suggested that Aba was more developed than most of the SW, I will commend the OP for shedding more light on the state of affairs in Aba. If anyone is angry about these pictures, then they direct their anger to the leaders who should take responsibility for the pathetic state of that place

Right from the day I was born, I've always heard of Aba as having bad roads. Now I'm grown and I've known Aba and I've seen with my own eyes that it has bad roads. Check all over Nairaland and you'll see pictures posted by Aba residents about how bad the Governor has been to Aba even though everyone seem to accept one fact that the bad roads of Aba preceded this government. Even Mbakwe was called the weeping Governor because he wept for Aba roads. Even MASSOB came out to say the same thing.

Aba however is not all bad and is actually one of the most commercially and industrially developed city in Nigeria. It houses more SMEs than all the cities in Nigeria. About 20,000 cottage shoe industries and over 35,000 garment factories. That is coupled with the normal Unilever, Pz-cussons, Guiness, NBL, 7up, Colgate and other larger industries.
Re: Pictures Of The Bad Leadership In Abia State(aba) by Lagosbabe1: 12:39pm On Aug 21, 2013
FreeGlobe: The OP I believe is one of the detribalized yorubas on nairaland. I have no problem with her posting these pictures, I believe its not borne out of malicious intent unlike fellow yorubas on nairaland. I will however advise maintain her privacy outside nairaland as the Abia State govt will not take this likely.lol. I just have a problem with the malicious intent of the nairaland mods who took this to the hompage. Such threads as Fashola is a dictator - PDP, Aregbesola declares public holidays for traditional worshippers and others have not been accorded the same treatement.
However, the south east governors are all rogues and its high time we started voting credible and ambitous people to hold offices in the south east. We should set the example. People like Peter Obi, Theordore orji, Martins Elechi have no business with governance.

But that is not what the Moderator said, immediately he saw the pictures, his reaction was that it was agenda driven. I will have seen a lot of threads on NL where people put up Bad pictures of Ibadan and I have never seen a Moderator accuse the poster of having an agenda.

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of The Bad Leadership In Abia State(aba) by funnyx(m): 12:42pm On Aug 21, 2013
okpara ugo:

Sharap if you have notin to say. The motive is for the state govt to wake up to its responsibilities in Aba and stop building monuments in Umuahia..

You're a cretin! Stop jumping to what you know nothing about, the initial topic used by the OP was misleading hence my question, so please always take your medicine before you log on to NL.
Re: Pictures Of The Bad Leadership In Abia State(aba) by Lagosbabe1: 12:44pm On Aug 21, 2013
Abagworo:

Right from the day I was born, I've always heard of Aba as having bad roads. Now I'm grown and I've known Aba and I've seen with my own eyes that it has bad roads. Check all over Nairaland and you'll see pictures posted by Aba residents about how bad the Governor has been to Aba even though everyone seem to accept one fact that the bad roads of Aba preceded this government. Even Mbakwe was called the weeping Governor because he wept for Aba roads. Even MASSOB came out to say the same thing.

Aba however is not all bad and is actually one of the most commercially and industrially developed city in Nigeria. It houses more SMEs than all the cities in Nigeria. About 20,000 cottage shoe industries and over 35,000 garment factories. That is coupled with the normal Unilever, Pz-cussons, Guiness, NBL, 7up, Colgate and other larger industries.

I understand all you are saying but why would a Moderator immediately raise the agenda card immediately the pictures were put up? If Aba roads have been bad all along, don't you think the OP should be applauded for raising the issue? Rather she was immediately castigated and attacked by a Moderator who should be neutral in issues like this

2 Likes

Re: Pictures Of The Bad Leadership In Abia State(aba) by Afam4eva(m): 12:46pm On Aug 21, 2013
COOLDUN:

You should just stop ranting and commend this OP for a job well done, i can see that you are one of those people that support evil and incompetence of the devilish rulers you call your leaders.

Where did you expect the OP to snap? Government house? Governor’s office? His wife's kitchen? And Orji Uzo Kanu's home at Igbere right?

This is one of the good things the OPs in this forum are doing that makes me happy, OP, God bless you for exposing these pits of hell which the government sponsored hungry journalists are hiding for a just peanut.

Those who hate truth must surely be covered in a pit. Truth is bitter but it saves more than lie. OP, please during your next visit extends your search light to other areas. God will punish the rulers and their entire generations for rewinding the development of this country to 10 centuries backwards. OP, I love this as an Igbo man who love and live in truth. God bless you. More greases and batteries to your elbow/camera my dear.
You're the one who's ranting for nothing. I could care less if the OP chooses to expose the ineptitude of Theodore Orji. I'm in support of that but i wasn't in support of the former thread title(it has been changed). If i visit Enugu and i want to show pictures of my trip, i will cover different parts of the city and not focus on the worst places except i want to show the incomperence of the governor which is what the OP wants to do which i'm in support of. That's why i encouraged her to change the thread title which she has done. God punish Theodore Orji.
Re: Pictures Of The Bad Leadership In Abia State(aba) by Nobody: 12:46pm On Aug 21, 2013
I did not know the South East was this horrible as a result of comments from ibos I have been reading on NL. But what was I thinking. OUK has built a country with the money of the Abians. Here are some pictures of OUK's 400 room mansion.

[img]http://www.nigeriafilms.com/image.aspx?img=Y29udGVudC9jb250ZW50L1V6b3ItNi5qcGd8NjAw[/img]

These are just few pictures. OUK's mansion consist of:over 400 rooms,36 sitting rooms,12 presidential lodge,5000 capacity conference hall, a banquet hall,a karioke hall, 22 kitchens, 102 toilets, 76 bathrooms, a golf course, a football pitch,an Olympic sized pool, an indoor pool, basketball court, lawn tennis court sports centre, a church, a mosque, a filling station, ATM machines, etc

[size=16pt]Abians, your future has been bought.[/size]

4 Likes

Re: Pictures Of The Bad Leadership In Abia State(aba) by Afam4eva(m): 12:47pm On Aug 21, 2013
Lagosbabe1:

@ Afam,

I was against the former title of the thread which has been changed. I could care less about exposing the criminal in the name of Theo Orji.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Obi In A Rush To Be President, Says Atiku / Falae: Don’t Provoke The Yorubas Into War – Afenifere / Deji Adeyanju Regains Freedom From Kano Prison(pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.