Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,008 members, 7,821,534 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:30 PM

Pictures Of The Bad Leadership In Abia State(aba) - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pictures Of The Bad Leadership In Abia State(aba) (35888 Views)

We Need Good Leadership In The SE Not Biafra. / Chuka Umunna Declares Intention To Run For Labour Leadership In UK / Charly Boy, Dele Momodu, Others Protest Bad Leadership (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pictures Of The Bad Leadership In Abia State(aba) by bonna4u(m): 2:20pm On Aug 21, 2013
sejere: Those pictures are even better, probably covering the areas visited by the guy who posted those pics.
I live in Aba and I know Aba very well. In the whole of Abia state, there is no city that can compare with Aba in Population, money generation and even in environmental degradation. Aba is a shadow of its self. There is no sign of governance in Aba. Drie along Aba PHC expressway, you will cry the inhabitants. There is no road in Aba. Take a drive along umungasi rd, brass street to faulks rd, drive around the famous Ariaria int'l mkt, drive along Alaoji rd, even the inner town areas (Okigwe rd, eziukwu, even milverton, take a tour and see things yourself. I was born and i grew here in Aba. Drive to cemetery mkt, ahia ohuru where we have enyimba int'l stadium.
The guy asking for video evidence, u dont really need it, d pics even speaks well of Aba.
Umuahia is been maintained with the money made in Aba.
I dont need to give u more pics, if u want to see things urself, take a trip and u will be shocked that there is no sign of governance in Aba. In the rainy season, Aba is a write off, especially the Ariaria environs.
You said it all. The last time I went to visit an old course mate of mine at Omuma road, I saw a pawpaw tree growing in the middle of the road at a particular area. I would have gone to take pictures but unfortunately, the road is closed/un-passable because it has been overtaken by swamps and bushes.
Re: Pictures Of The Bad Leadership In Abia State(aba) by bonna4u(m): 2:20pm On Aug 21, 2013
sejere: Those pictures are even better, probably covering the areas visited by the guy who posted those pics.
I live in Aba and I know Aba very well. In the whole of Abia state, there is no city that can compare with Aba in Population, money generation and even in environmental degradation. Aba is a shadow of its self. There is no sign of governance in Aba. Drie along Aba PHC expressway, you will cry the inhabitants. There is no road in Aba. Take a drive along umungasi rd, brass street to faulks rd, drive around the famous Ariaria int'l mkt, drive along Alaoji rd, even the inner town areas (Okigwe rd, eziukwu, even milverton, take a tour and see things yourself. I was born and i grew here in Aba. Drive to cemetery mkt, ahia ohuru where we have enyimba int'l stadium.
The guy asking for video evidence, u dont really need it, d pics even speaks well of Aba.
Umuahia is been maintained with the money made in Aba.
I dont need to give u more pics, if u want to see things urself, take a trip and u will be shocked that there is no sign of governance in Aba. In the rainy season, Aba is a write off, especially the Ariaria environs.
You said it all. The last time I went to visit an old course mate of mine at Omuma road, I saw a pawpaw tree growing in the middle of the road at a particular area. I would have gone to take pictures but unfortunately, the road is closed/un-passable because it has been overtaken by swamps and bushes.
Re: Pictures Of The Bad Leadership In Abia State(aba) by redsun(m): 2:22pm On Aug 21, 2013
http://www.naija247news.com/national-news/metro-news/12811--road-users-want-lagos-ogun-govts-collaborate-to-repair-roads-at-border-.html

Has this road been fixed in lagos?This is nigerian thing,it not just aba.You guys are not fit to be driving since you don't know what roads are main for.

Almost all roads in nigeria a hazardous and that is why people die needlessly on the roads everyday and the same reason people blame their vehicle problems on demon and witches.
Re: Pictures Of The Bad Leadership In Abia State(aba) by olujastro: 2:24pm On Aug 21, 2013
IGBO-SON:
For as long as we (Ndigbo) have a passive attitude towards the process of picking who finally gets elected to govern us; at all stages from party primaries to the final election.......we would continue to have situations like this where we give those that hate us the ammunition to laugh at us.

Though it feels like deja vu, as the same scenario is about to play itself out again in Anambra; 4 to 8 years down the line there'd be next to nothing to show for allowing charlatans to govern us while we sit by and allow our best material slip through our fingers!

Very true,and that's simply because you guys are way too sentimental when it comes to choosing leaders: dumping merit for ethno-religious sentiments. The political actors wud throw up sentiments,and the ibo masses would hurriedly fall for it. Hence the reason why ibo land has hardly churned out good governance since 1999.

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of The Bad Leadership In Abia State(aba) by Nobody: 2:26pm On Aug 21, 2013
Although every state in naija have such places but the ineptitude and mediocrity of this present govt is legendary. Such heartlessness of the gov never ceases to amaze me. The only thing he knows is to disturb us everyday on the radio and endless levies. Aba is a city any serious govt will exploit its endless potential but not this T. A. Orji. Although am not an abian, but i stay in umuahia and i constantly hope abia state gets it right come 2015 for the sake of aba.

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of The Bad Leadership In Abia State(aba) by redsun(m): 2:31pm On Aug 21, 2013
Zenimart: Although every state in naija have such places but the ineptitude and mediocrity of this present govt is legendary. Such heartlessness of the gov never ceases to amaze me. The only thing he knows is to disturb us everyday on the radio and endless levies. Aba is a city any serious govt will exploit its endless potential but not this T. A. Orji. Although am not an abian, but i stay in umuahia and i constantly hope abia state gets it right come 2015 for the sake of aba.

Most of the present igbo politicians are ex 419 kingpins that sees the glorious and risk free in looting as politicians.They don't represent the people just like their counterparts in other states.
Re: Pictures Of The Bad Leadership In Abia State(aba) by redsun(m): 2:38pm On Aug 21, 2013
A typical nigerian road that is not anywhere near aba.Modern day mega lagos that is filling up the ocean for development when there so many dry places undeveloped.Endless chaotic roads and streets.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-cxWao3PaGE
Re: Pictures Of The Bad Leadership In Abia State(aba) by bonna4u(m): 2:38pm On Aug 21, 2013
redsun: http://www.naija247news.com/national-news/metro-news/12811--road-users-want-lagos-ogun-govts-collaborate-to-repair-roads-at-border-.html

Has this road been fixed in lagos?This is nigerian thing,it not just aba.You guys are not fit to be driving since you don't know what roads are main for.

Almost all roads in nigeria a hazardous and that is why people die needlessly on the roads everyday and the same reason people blame their vehicle problems on demon and witches.
You are right about bad roads not being an exclusive characteristic of any particular state in Nigeria. But truth be told, the existence of bad roads in Abia is at the extreme.
I am from Abia State and spend most of my time in Aba and it annoys me when some paid folks come here to mislead people by lying about how T.A Orji is doing wonders in their dreams. If T.A had chosen to use the money he pays his ass lickers to post lies on the internet to do actual work, it would go a little way in easing to suffering of the good people of Abia State. Unfortunately, T.A is surrounded by sychophants and clueless individuals like him.
Re: Pictures Of The Bad Leadership In Abia State(aba) by Abagworo(m): 2:39pm On Aug 21, 2013
This is what average Aba looks like. It seems to be the sense of urbanization found in Southeast as even smaller towns and villages look same.

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=927188

Re: Pictures Of The Bad Leadership In Abia State(aba) by redsun(m): 2:44pm On Aug 21, 2013
bonna4u:
You are right about bad roads not being an exclusive characteristic of any particular state in Nigeria. But truth be told, the existence of bad roads in Abia is at the extreme.
I am from Abia State and spend most of my time in Aba and it annoys me when some paid folks come here to mislead people by lying about how T.A Orji is doing wonders in their dreams. If T.A had chosen to use the money he pays his ass lickers to post lies on the internet to do actual work, it would go a little way in easing to suffering of the good people of Abia State. Unfortunately, T.A is surrounded by sychophants and clueless individuals like him.

I acknowledge that very well.I would be surprise if orji or whatever he is called was into 419 before he joined politics.Nigerian politicians have no conscience and no sense of pride,they are only there to stu0pidly enrich themselves and their cohorts.
Re: Pictures Of The Bad Leadership In Abia State(aba) by Bizibi(m): 2:45pm On Aug 21, 2013
bonna4u:
ogheneme,shuu road wan turn to farm
Re: Pictures Of The Bad Leadership In Abia State(aba) by Afam4eva(m): 2:45pm On Aug 21, 2013
vislabraye:

That's what she said. The thread is about bad governance. I know its not all Igbo town that's like this. For instance, Enugu is far better than this.
Just try to see what the poster has in mind.
The poster changed the title of the thread. It was the former title that i was against. This current title seems better.
Re: Pictures Of The Bad Leadership In Abia State(aba) by Tundeolaniyi: 2:45pm On Aug 21, 2013
olujastro:

Very true,and that's simply because you guys are way too sentimental when it comes to choosing leaders: dumping merit for ethno-religious sentiments. The political actors wud throw up sentiments,and the ibo masses would hurriedly fall for it. Hence the reason why ibo land has hardly churned out good governance since 1999.

My friend don't talk as if you are the only one from SW. As much as I blame Orji so much, I know that apart from lagos which was the former capital of Nigeria, there is no other SW city or state that has the capacity of being compared with the least SE state or city. If we do a comparative analysis, SE has got better leaders when you compare them to their SW counterparts since 1999. Sentiments aside, am Yoruba but due to virtue of having been to the two regions and presently working in Onitsha, am in the better position to draw that conclusion.
Re: Pictures Of The Bad Leadership In Abia State(aba) by Afam4eva(m): 2:47pm On Aug 21, 2013
Lagosbabe1:

No Afam, you initial post was not about the title of the thread, please let us be frank. Your comments were:

It's obvious the OP had an agenda when she brought out her cameras to take pictures. of course these pics are mostly like those of Aba but you can't travel to Aba and tell me that these are the best pictures you could take.[/i]

That comment was not about the title, it was about the OP taking those particular pictures.

If you knew what the former title was, you'd understand why i said so. Imagine me creating a thread titled "[i]My Vacation in Enugu
" and then i post those pictures up there. Does that even make sense? But no one will hold it against me if i post those same pictures with the title "Bad governance in Enugu".
Re: Pictures Of The Bad Leadership In Abia State(aba) by bonna4u(m): 2:51pm On Aug 21, 2013
Bizibi: ogheneme,shuu road wan turn to farm
How I wish the pawpaw thing was an exaggeration. You need to go to Omuma road in Aba to see things for yourself.
Re: Pictures Of The Bad Leadership In Abia State(aba) by bonna4u(m): 2:54pm On Aug 21, 2013
redsun:

I acknowledge that very well.I would be surprise if orji or whatever he is called was into 419 before he joined politics.Nigerian politicians have no conscience and no sense of pride,they are only there to stu0pidly enrich themselves and their cohorts.
sad truth.
Re: Pictures Of The Bad Leadership In Abia State(aba) by Zenanted(m): 3:00pm On Aug 21, 2013
"21 man laptop crew"
Re: Pictures Of The Bad Leadership In Abia State(aba) by Nobody: 3:00pm On Aug 21, 2013
The God-honest Truth is these same crooked Politicians lace the covers of every newspaper of the day with sweet lies and we sit back and base our hallowed judgement on these baseless lies and arrogant falsehood. when they get what they want after we have all voted them in, we start complaining. Ifeanyi Uba is lacing up all the lies he can now, in spite of the truth we know about him, he will still have his way and we will come here once again to complain
Re: Pictures Of The Bad Leadership In Abia State(aba) by Abagworo(m): 3:02pm On Aug 21, 2013
bonna4u:
sad truth.

Ironically Theodore Orji was a career civil servant. Most of our leaders in Nigeria are same except in situations where the leader is duely elected and hence owes his allegiance to the masses and not Godfathers. Imo State is one State that has been freed from the shackles of Godfatherism. No one can take credit of the emergence of Rochas than the village women, keke operators, bus drivers, Religious leaders and the Imo masses who came out en mass to make sure that their choice prevailed.
Re: Pictures Of The Bad Leadership In Abia State(aba) by obyrich(m): 3:03pm On Aug 21, 2013
bonna4u: Kudos to the poster for posting real pictures of the state of roads in Aba. @ that liar who posted a misleading picture of milverton road in Aba, I will get the real picture of milverton road and past here by tomorrow. It looks like what amateur carpenters and tailors were employed to rehabilitate.
There's a pothole in front of Chisco park. Please capture it. I wish I were in Aba now to help expose the grand scam going on in Aba. Please also capture those big gullies his fraudulent engineers dug and abandoned at Opobo junction. @ Op I owe you something. I will reach you someday. You have made my day.
Re: Pictures Of The Bad Leadership In Abia State(aba) by RICHARDSYD: 3:10pm On Aug 21, 2013
My inlaw may God bless you for exposing bad leadership in Abia State, I am from Ohanze where your sister is marrying to, also the former deputy Governor of Abia state is from Ohanze, it will take you 4 hours from Opobo Junction to Ohanze because of bad road, a distance of 6 kilometers yet no body is talking. God must see them one by one.
Re: Pictures Of The Bad Leadership In Abia State(aba) by truckin: 3:11pm On Aug 21, 2013
I am Igbo from Abia state. My younger brother is in medical school in Aba. I would never visit him and have not for the past three years he has been there. Why? Because Aba is dead infrastructure wise. The present governor made it a point of duty to totally neglect aba in particular and Abia in general. Now my brother thinks I hate him.
My mother works in the state civil service and she is being owed for eight months as I type. My father has forgotten that he once received his pension. I am stretched financially cos, I bear the brunt of the present irresponsible leadership.
What is the government doing about the myriad of ineptitude on display? Propaganda. Abia is great in the media. All the newspaper cameramen n reporters become blind and dumb as they approach Abia state. The governor is now the presidents man Friday - to avoid the inevitable efcc at the expiration of his tenure.
We the residents have adopted a siddon look approach.. Or do you want security forces unleashing unprintable mayhem on you for dissent? The opposition is dead. Recognized touts hold key government positions. I now see the former governor(orji uzor Kalu ) as a saint.
What can be worse than this
Re: Pictures Of The Bad Leadership In Abia State(aba) by soulglo: 3:14pm On Aug 21, 2013
It is sad that human beings have to live like this. I think the Government has a lot to do but what are people doing? I see a lot of trash in the gutters. That alone stops the water from flowing properly. I think we should all do our part. Forget for a minute what they are looting and look at your street. If 5 of the 10 traders that sell their wares on that street ensure that they or their customers do not litter that is a battle half won. Most people will eventually fall in line and then maybe the six people from the next street will do the same. Let's be the change we want to see in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of The Bad Leadership In Abia State(aba) by redsun(m): 3:15pm On Aug 21, 2013
Channel TV should be exposing all these atrocities in nigeria like it did with police college.The nightmare hits home better when it is shown on regular TV channel that average nigerians tune into.
Re: Pictures Of The Bad Leadership In Abia State(aba) by ba7man(m): 3:18pm On Aug 21, 2013
Tundeolaniyi:

My friend don't talk as if you are the only one from SW. As much as I blame Orji so much, I know that apart from lagos which was the former capital of Nigeria, there is no other SW city or state that has the capacity of being compared with the least SE state or city. If we do a comparative analysis, SE has got better leaders when you compare them to their SW counterparts since 1999. Sentiments aside, am Yoruba but due to virtue of having been to the two regions and presently working in Onitsha, am in the better position to draw that conclusion.
Yes, we in the S.W had our fair share of incompetent leader......Under PDP.

Abeg, where did you say is as bad as these roads in Ikeja again??

2 Likes

Re: Pictures Of The Bad Leadership In Abia State(aba) by ba7man(m): 3:20pm On Aug 21, 2013
redsun: Channel TV should be exposing all these atrocities in nigeria like it did with police college.The nightmare hits home better when it is shown on regular TV channel that average nigerians tune into.
You're so right on this, maybe when their @rses are exposed on TV with repeat broadcasts, then they'll know that eyes are on them.
Re: Pictures Of The Bad Leadership In Abia State(aba) by Tundeolaniyi: 3:22pm On Aug 21, 2013
Hmmmmm

Re: Pictures Of The Bad Leadership In Abia State(aba) by jadakiss213(m): 3:24pm On Aug 21, 2013
legalcode: THREE FACTS TO NOTE : 1) The entire south east has condemmed T. Orji and also agreed that he is the worst governor in the entire south east. 2) Trying to compare Abia State with Lagos ( A one time Nigerian's Capital) is just being mischeavous. considering the revenue accruable to Lagos State, Considering the heavy revenue of Lagos State both external and internally generated Fashola has not done much 3) Aside Lagos State pick out any other south west state and compare it with Abia.
I think I need to correct this..'Lagos State' was NEVER the capital of Nigeria..it was just lagos,a small part of the present Lagos State.
Re: Pictures Of The Bad Leadership In Abia State(aba) by plaindealer: 3:25pm On Aug 21, 2013
Afam4eva:

If you knew what the former title was, you'd understand why i said so. Imagine me creating a thread titled "My Vacation in Enugu" and then i post those pictures up there. Does that even make sense? But no one will hold it against me if i post those same pictures with the title "Bad governance in Enugu".

Why is the title giving you so much headache a must you dictate to people where they go and what kinds of pictures to take and post? This is what the OP saw and this is what the OP posted.

What about you setting out on your own vacation and post whatever beautiful pics of the places you think the OP sidetracked.. ?

You too bicker over irrelevant stuff like woman sha..

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of The Bad Leadership In Abia State(aba) by airmark(m): 3:28pm On Aug 21, 2013
Tundeolaniyi:

Sentiments aside, am Yoruba but due to virtue of having been to the two regions and presently working in Onitsha, am in the better position to draw that conclusion.
You must be a super human switching locations in the space of 3hours to drive home your point.

Tundeolaniyi: This type of road is everywhere. Even my area here in Ikeja is worse than this. But that is not to say that Orji should not wake up to his responsibilities.

5 Likes

Re: Pictures Of The Bad Leadership In Abia State(aba) by Afam4eva(m): 3:29pm On Aug 21, 2013
airmark:
You must be a super human switching locations in the space of 3hours to drive home your point.

Lol grin The guy is not who he says he is.
Re: Pictures Of The Bad Leadership In Abia State(aba) by Abagworo(m): 3:31pm On Aug 21, 2013
ba7man: Yes, we in the S.W had our fair share of incompetent leader......Under PDP.

Abeg, where did you say is as bad as these roads in Ikeja again??

Going by what I normally see from my flight while landing on MM2, there are worse roads in Ikeja around the airport area. It will be right to expose bad leadership but without tribal bias or claiming yours is better.

Ikorodu, Alimosho and Ogba.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Video Of Obidients Marching To Teslim Balogun Stadium For Peter Obi Mega Rally / Politics Without Bitterness As Ganduje And Dawisu's Convoys Greet Each Other. / PDP To Challenge Presidential Result In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.