Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,997 members, 7,866,757 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 02:40 AM

My Possessive Boyfriend - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Possessive Boyfriend (5017 Views)

Have Your Ever Dated A Possessive Partner ? / My Friends Are Very Possessive - Suggestion Please / Are Nigerian Man Possessive? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Possessive Boyfriend by SweetT1: 10:21pm On Jun 09, 2008
Cristalz:

@Sweet T
But she said she has assured him that therez no reason for him to be suspicious.You either trust a person or you don't.How do you explain him not liking most of her friends?Not wanting her to have any male friends?That's insecurity.

Words of assurance is one thing, behavior and actions are another. And it's true when they say words are cheap. Most women forget to realize that Behavior builds trust. The only time you take your cards of the table is when it's game time. If there are no games to be played, all cards should be on the table.
Re: My Possessive Boyfriend by NegroNtns(m): 10:26pm On Jun 09, 2008
Crystal, it will be deceiving to say that in 2months of a close encounter as she described that they have not had sex. On the other hand it is equally possible that they have not.  Her response to the question will clear that.  I am only wondering.  

We have to wonder, what makes battered women remain in a abusive relationship?  Same sentiments _ he is loving and caring!  If you ask them to translate "loving and caring" then you begin to see that the woman is harboring fear and his show of love and care is nothing more than sexual submission. That's the only time she can reach into him.  

Lets give the poster a chance to respond.  Michelin said that she had brought this topic up before and no one responded.  I must not have joined the forum at the time.  If I was here I'm sorry if you did not get my respond. I love topics like this because I learn a lot from how women react to us emotionally and how some of the things they want from us is often coded in terms we men don't understand.  Its kinda like reading Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus _We miscommunicate with each other.
Re: My Possessive Boyfriend by Cristalz(f): 10:27pm On Jun 09, 2008
@debo
Ok,trying not to assume too much here,but she did say he called his not wanting her to have male friends 'a guy thing'. Is that really?  undecided And why would the guy say shez in this other dude's car cos he doesn't have one?I think that was unfair of him.

Anyway,perhaps shez really pretty and the guy's just scared of losing her. grin

@michelin89
How would you like it if you had a clingy,naggy girlfriend?

@Sweet T
I agree with you,but does this mean she should drop all the friends she had cos she now has a boyfriend?Of course shez gotta draw lines with these other dudes and make 'em clear,but what's wrong in letting a male friend give you a ride home? She mentioned just one occurrence.I'm working with what she posted.
Re: My Possessive Boyfriend by SweetT1: 10:32pm On Jun 09, 2008
Cristalz:

@Sweet T
I agree with you,but does this mean she should drop all the friends she had because she now has a boyfriend?Of course shez gotta draw lines with these other dudes and make 'em clear,but what's wrong in letting a male friend give you a ride home? She mentioned just one occurrence.I'm working with what she posted.

Nope, did not say that. I want guys to admire my girl but she should be wise enough to know where the line is drawn. Besides i don't mind for her to have male friends but not one that calls every night.
Re: My Possessive Boyfriend by Cristalz(f): 10:37pm On Jun 09, 2008
Thing is,while some girls give guys reason to doubt,some guys just naturally assume they own a girl's life cos she consented to be his girlfriend.

Well,to be fair to the guy,i don't see where the lady in question said anything about her feelings for him.Just his for her.Maybe this is a one-sided thing,so she doesn't understand how he feels.Just a thot.

In short,this story is incomplete. grin grin
Re: My Possessive Boyfriend by Pataki: 11:10pm On Jun 09, 2008
@ Poster,

I am just reading your own side of the coin to this matter. Tell your boyfriend or is it boo (you people call it these days), to come on Romance-Nairaland and state his own defense / side of the story.

Then and only then, I can make a decision on the matter for you guys.
Re: My Possessive Boyfriend by SweetT1: 11:11pm On Jun 09, 2008
Pataki:

@ Poster,

I am just reading your own side of the coin to this matter. Tell your boyfriend or is it boo (you people call it these days), to come on Romance-Nairaland and state his own defense / side of the story.

Then and only then, I can make a decision on the matter for you guys.

undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: My Possessive Boyfriend by Nobody: 11:13pm On Jun 09, 2008
Is this where I "lmao"!! grin

@post
leave him like a used up tissue paper. . possessive/obsessiveness can be lethal
Re: My Possessive Boyfriend by Pataki: 11:17pm On Jun 09, 2008
Sweet T:

undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
And your point is? undecided
Re: My Possessive Boyfriend by Nobody: 2:20am On Jun 10, 2008
You need to tell him how you feel in this relationship. If he doesn't see anything wrong with his character, then you'd better bounce.
Re: My Possessive Boyfriend by Pataki: 2:58am On Jun 10, 2008
stephanay:

ive been dating my boyfriend for close to 2months now and im sensing some traits of a control freak. he questions every one i \m friends with and tells me who i shld see or not. i don't av a prob wt him aving female friends but he just doesnt want me to av any guy friends and he tells me its a "guy thing"
we got into a big argument lately and he said he desont like d fact that a male friend dropped me off after class one day. he was only trying to help me with transportaion home. and my boyfriend said its because he doenst av a car that i don't want to brek my freindship wt d guy.
ive explained to him that i'll never cheat on him but trust issues keep coming up and i don't know how much of ds i can take.
he loves me very much and he's very caring but he calls me like all the time to find out hw im doing, wants to see me everyday if he can, doesnt like almost all my frinds, even d gals. i first tot this was his way of expressiing love but now,, im feeling choked up! what do i do??

All I know is your own side of the story. No guy chokes on a lady for no reason. There must have been somethings he saw that he has decided to give all this attention all to you.

I do not see you as the all-in-all perfection for this relationship. I am sure you must have your own faults in this relationship.

What else do you want from him? He gives you all the attention a lady would crave for, yet you are complaining he is choking you up. If he had the ''I don't care attitude'' you do be complaining about that as well.

No man is the embodiment of perfection in a relationship. Talk it out with him and do not think the suggestion people proffer here will set your relationship straight.

Until I know his own side of the story, I do not think making a one sided judgment on this matter is worthwhile and appropriate.

2 Likes

Re: My Possessive Boyfriend by stephanay(m): 10:25am On Jun 10, 2008
to all d questions about sex grin no we avnt had sex!

now does it matter? wht has it got to do wt d issue on ground.

he says im not submissive dats y i dont listen to his correction about pple he's not comfy wt (all guys) embarassed
Re: My Possessive Boyfriend by Nobody: 10:34am On Jun 10, 2008
stephanay:

to all d questions about sex grin no we avnt had sex!

now does it matter? wht has it got to do wt d issue on ground.

he says im not submissive that is y i don't listen to his correction about people he's not comfy wt (all guys) embarassed

Once a man starts shouting submission, bullshit him. He is suffering from a very grave pathology called LOW SELF ESTEEM!
Re: My Possessive Boyfriend by arianne(f): 5:50pm On Jun 10, 2008
for those askin for the other side of the story, why don't to refer her to curtis court or judge judy?? angry she has stated her situation so why dont u give your opinion based on that instead of demanding a sequel? clearly the guy would have something to say to justify his loony act which makes it a battle of accusations and counter-accusations.

@stephany- nobody has your best interest @ heart more than u, self preservation and survival are core human instincts, please act in your own best interest.

thanx for clarifyin the sex thing, no biggie anyways.
Re: My Possessive Boyfriend by gunpoint(m): 4:46pm On Apr 22, 2016
stephanay:

ive been dating my bf for close to 2months now and im sensing some traits of a control freak. he questions every one i \m friends with and tells me who i shld see or not. i dont av a prob wt him aving female friends but he just doesnt want me to av any guy friends and he tells me its a "guy thing"
we got into a big argument lately and he said he desont like d fact that a male friend dropped me off after class one day. he was only trying to help me with transportaion home. and my bf said its becos he doenst av a car that i dont want to brek my freindship wt d guy.
ive explained to him that i'll never cheat on him but trust issues keep coming up and i dont know how much of ds i can take.
he loves me very much and he's very caring but he calls me like all the time to find out hw im doing, wants to see me everyday if he can, doesnt like almost all my frinds, even d gals. i first tot this was his way of expressiing love but now,, im feeling choked up! what do i do??
Gay alert
Re: My Possessive Boyfriend by Nobody: 6:56pm On Jul 27, 2017
I also have a possesive bf, he tells me to avoid my male friends, i got so mad when he told me he doesn't like my brother and pastor, because of the way they watched me, he accuses me of sleeping with any male creature he sees, at times he goes everywhere with me...but how do we stop it, when i started making my bf understand we needed trust and privacy 4 each other, he reduced his possessive acts...what you need is communication, let him understand you let him know your stand and your boundaries. love is for both happiness.
Re: My Possessive Boyfriend by Nobody: 8:27pm On Jul 27, 2017
stephanay:

ive been dating my bf for close to 2months now and im sensing some traits of a control freak. he questions every one i \m friends with and tells me who i shld see or not. i dont av a prob wt him aving female friends but he just doesnt want me to av any guy friends and he tells me its a "guy thing"
we got into a big argument lately and he said he desont like d fact that a male friend dropped me off after class one day. he was only trying to help me with transportaion home. and my bf said its becos he doenst av a car that i dont want to brek my freindship wt d guy.
ive explained to him that i'll never cheat on him but trust issues keep coming up and i dont know how much of ds i can take.
Talk to him..
Re: My Possessive Boyfriend by crismark(m): 8:36pm On Jul 27, 2017
Martins00:
What do u expect when u date a broke ass dude. He would always be scared of loosing you because he is got no car. How do u guys go out on dates? With okada?? grin
Mehn!!! Is something wrong with ur brain U talk like a child!!! Wats wrong if he goes on a date wit okada??
Re: My Possessive Boyfriend by crismark(m): 8:37pm On Jul 27, 2017
Martins00:
What do u expect when u date a broke ass dude. He would always be scared of loosing you because he is got no car. How do u guys go out on dates? With okada?? grin
Mehn!!! Is something wrong with ur brain U talk like a child!!! Wats wrong if he goes on a date wit okada??
Re: My Possessive Boyfriend by uzoormah(m): 8:54pm On Jul 27, 2017
buzyDiva:

abi o . . nuthing u do is ever good enuff for them
Ur talking abt ur ex abi

(1) (2) (Reply)

Do Ashawos Really Fall In Love / See What I Did This Morning That Made My GF Almost Break Up With Me (pics) / Please Help; I Want To Stop Womanizing.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.