Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,481 members, 7,812,477 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:59 PM

Kano To Include Christians In Mass Weddings. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kano To Include Christians In Mass Weddings. (18626 Views)

REPS Amends PIB To Include The Entire Country As ‘host Community’ Of Petroleum. / Student Treks From Kano To Abuja To Protest Alleged Electoral Malpractice In Tar / Zamfara To Use N40m For Mass Weddings (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kano To Include Christians In Mass Weddings. by AnanseK(m): 1:09pm On Aug 22, 2013
Kano — The Kano State Hisbah Board says it has commenced preparations to marry off another set of 1,111 women in the fourth batch of its mass marriage program aimed at reducing the number of unmarried women in the state.

Commandant General of the board, Sheikh Aminu Ibrahim Daurawa, at a press conference in Kano yesterday said the mass wedding of the women, including divorces, widows and spinsters will take place soon.

"The government introduced this plan in order to reduce marital problems in our society. When we first suggested the mass wedding plan, many people thought it would not be possible, but Alhamdulillah, we have succeeded in marrying off about 1350 women in three batches", he said.

Daurawa said Christians in the state will now be allowed to participate in the exercise to disengage them from prostitution.

"We decided to include Christians in the state since we are living together in the same environment. And just as we do not want to see our children engage in prostitution, we also do not want theirs to engage in it. We gave them 50 slots from the total number we are going to marry off. And we will allow them to go and do the wedding in their churches. We will only share the marriage bouquet (walima) together," he said.

Daurawa said registration for the exercise will now be done online, and that the board has been equipped with machines to determine the health status of the grooms and brides.

"You know last time we had a bad experience where a woman deceived us by bringing the sample of her sister's urine as hers, it was after the marriage we discovered that she was six months pregnant. So, in order to prevent such cases, we have provided a scanner which has the capacity to capture even a day old pregnancy," he said.

http://dailytrust.info/index.php/news/3723-kano-to-include-christians-in-mass-wedding

5 Likes

Re: Kano To Include Christians In Mass Weddings. by Excelboi(m): 1:15pm On Aug 22, 2013
ABsence of religious bigotry.nice of the state

2 Likes

Re: Kano To Include Christians In Mass Weddings. by moscobabs(m): 1:28pm On Aug 22, 2013
what a good move.I like the system

2 Likes

Re: Kano To Include Christians In Mass Weddings. by Itoroetti(m): 1:29pm On Aug 22, 2013
Rubbish

5 Likes

Re: Kano To Include Christians In Mass Weddings. by tpia5: 1:31pm On Aug 22, 2013
To discourage them from prostitution?

Why are christian women in the north often associated with that?

3 Likes

Re: Kano To Include Christians In Mass Weddings. by Arosa(m): 1:33pm On Aug 22, 2013
the board has been equipped with machines to determine the health status of the grooms and brides.
The idea sounds good to me.
Re: Kano To Include Christians In Mass Weddings. by shortgun(m): 1:40pm On Aug 22, 2013
I still don't understand how marriage will better the economy of the State or that of the people of the state

4 Likes

Re: Kano To Include Christians In Mass Weddings. by Arosa(m): 1:47pm On Aug 22, 2013
shortgun: I still don't understand how marriage will better the economy of the State or that of the people of the state

It mainly solves a social problem, which is equally as important as an economical one.

14 Likes

Re: Kano To Include Christians In Mass Weddings. by ShobayoEmma(m): 2:43pm On Aug 22, 2013
dis is a good development if we must be objective. perhaps this is to solve an identified problem

1 Like

Re: Kano To Include Christians In Mass Weddings. by AnanseK(m): 2:48pm On Aug 22, 2013
[/quote]
Re: Kano To Include Christians In Mass Weddings. by bloggernaija: 4:52pm On Aug 22, 2013
What Kano needs is mass education and vocational training ,not mass wedding .
A MAN WHO CANNOT AFFORD TO PAY BRIDE PRICE SHOULD AND WHO CANNOT AFFORD HIS OWN WEDDING SHOULD NOT BE HAVING CHILDREN.
PEOPLE SEEMS TO NEGLECT THE ESSENCE OF ANCIENT AFRICAN TRADITIONS AND CULTURE.
PAYMENT OF BRIDE PRICE WAS AN EXAMINATION OF YOUR CAPACITY TO CATER FOR YOUR PROPOSED FAMILY.
THE NEGLECT OF WHICH IS RESPONSIBLE FOR OUR DIRE SITUATION.

19 Likes

Re: Kano To Include Christians In Mass Weddings. by gtrust: 5:10pm On Aug 22, 2013
where do they get the men from?

after marriage: what's the plan?
would government provide housing, vocational training, unemployment allowance

3 Likes

Re: Kano To Include Christians In Mass Weddings. by AnanseK(m): 5:38pm On Aug 22, 2013
gtrust: where do they get the men from?

after marriage: what's the plan?
would government provide housing, vocational training, unemployment allowance

Vocational training and unemployment support yes. i'm not sure about housing.

2 Likes

Re: Kano To Include Christians In Mass Weddings. by tpia5: 5:43pm On Aug 22, 2013
Shobayo Emma: perhaps this is to solve an identified problem

i think so.
Re: Kano To Include Christians In Mass Weddings. by redsun(m): 5:55pm On Aug 22, 2013
Who said marriage sets a women free.?What sets a woman free is the ability to manage rationally and independently.The ability to think for herself.

6 Likes

Re: Kano To Include Christians In Mass Weddings. by ebamma3: 6:01pm On Aug 22, 2013
An hausa girl's dilemna
1)Married at 13
2)Phucked at 14
3)Pregnant at 15
4)Procreates at 16
5)Has 3 kids before 20
6)Her husband alhaji yerima marries a new egyptian bride
7)She becomes a spare tyre at 21
coolAt 22 her husband divorces her so that he can marry another wife
9)she enters into the single but searching market
10)she is signed by the kano state government
11)she is sold to another yerima
#end of story

45 Likes

Re: Kano To Include Christians In Mass Weddings. by Nobody: 6:01pm On Aug 22, 2013
more marriages, more almajiri children flooding the streets

6 Likes

Re: Kano To Include Christians In Mass Weddings. by nerodenero: 6:03pm On Aug 22, 2013
AnanseK: "We decided to include Christians in the state since we are living together in the same environment.
Wish we can always tolerate ourselves more.
Re: Kano To Include Christians In Mass Weddings. by gtrust: 6:05pm On Aug 22, 2013
AnanseK:

Vocational training and unemployment support yes. i'm not sure about housing.

That will help big time.

They need housing as well.
Like: basic needs to restore the dignity of man.
- house
- food
- employment
- unemployment support
- water (4 buckets of clean water per day per person and 3 litres of drinking water per day per person)
- light
Re: Kano To Include Christians In Mass Weddings. by nijanigga: 6:10pm On Aug 22, 2013
200 million mumu living in mumudom are all DOOMED.

2 Likes

Re: Kano To Include Christians In Mass Weddings. by jimino(m): 6:10pm On Aug 22, 2013
Dis move wil b an absolutely rubbish if dey dnt provide job 4 d men nd other essentials
Re: Kano To Include Christians In Mass Weddings. by joeace2020(m): 6:13pm On Aug 22, 2013
Itoroetti :
Rubbish

foolishness is not sum1s name.... dont forcefully adopt it

2 Likes

Re: Kano To Include Christians In Mass Weddings. by prolove22(m): 6:16pm On Aug 22, 2013
tpia@:
To discourage them from prostitution?

Why are christian women in the north often associated with that?
ask them
Re: Kano To Include Christians In Mass Weddings. by drake2005: 6:18pm On Aug 22, 2013
My wife is refusing us to sign up for this government-sponsored free wedding. Instead, she wants me to spend 5 million naira cash for our wedding; which I can't. She says I don't love her if I can't spend

3 Likes

Re: Kano To Include Christians In Mass Weddings. by lilTunechi(m): 6:20pm On Aug 22, 2013
ebamma 3: An hausa girl's dilemna
1)Married at 13
2)Phucked at 14
3)Pregnant at 15
4)Procreates at 16
5)Has 3 kids before 20
#end of story
U're so daft to realise what u just sayd. Anyway i dnt blame U. It runs in Ur family.

17 Likes

Re: Kano To Include Christians In Mass Weddings. by Nobody: 6:28pm On Aug 22, 2013
Kano is a muslim state and Mass marriage is a muslim thing.
Final whistle.

3 Likes

Re: Kano To Include Christians In Mass Weddings. by dungdusugyang(m): 6:31pm On Aug 22, 2013
1)Married at 13
2)Phucked at 14
3)Pregnant at 15
4)Procreates at 16
5)Has 3 kids before 20
#end of story
u sure say, u fit no b da 3rd yerima 4 da gal life kuwa? Jst askin sha...
Re: Kano To Include Christians In Mass Weddings. by nneh1(f): 6:39pm On Aug 22, 2013
drake2005: My wife is refusing us to sign up for this government-sponsored free wedding. Instead, she wants me to spend 5 million naira cash for our wedding; which I can't. She says I don't love her if I can't spend
shut up your mouth. Do you know what is 5 million naira?

1 Like

Re: Kano To Include Christians In Mass Weddings. by ExInferis(m): 6:46pm On Aug 22, 2013
1)Married at 13
2)Phucked at 14
3)Pregnant at 15
4)Procreates at 16
5)Has 3 kids before 20
#end of story

a christian girl's dilemma

1. phuckd at 13
2. pregnant at 14
3. pregnant at 15
4. five abort1ons at 16
5. incest at 17
6. pregnant at 18
7. prostitution at 19
8. italy, spain or eastern europe at 20
9. deported at 21
10. HIV at 22
11 dead at 23
#end of life

53 Likes

Re: Kano To Include Christians In Mass Weddings. by Aedesmuskeeto: 6:51pm On Aug 22, 2013
Itoroetti :
Rubbish

Go get a phuking life bro...
Re: Kano To Include Christians In Mass Weddings. by Nonybb: 6:53pm On Aug 22, 2013
I fear for those christians and therefore lives cos this is absolutely rubbish. We must create boundaries btw us and Islam

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

IGP deploys DIG, AIG, 11 CPs for Ondo election / Presidency ‘Halts Oil Exploration’ In Niger State / I Will Not Join Issue With Parasites - Gani Adams

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.