Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,235 members, 7,818,791 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:41 AM

An Evening With Eva (2013 Triple Award Winner in Crime. Thriller. Action.) - Literature (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / An Evening With Eva (2013 Triple Award Winner in Crime. Thriller. Action.) (321615 Views)

Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 / The Adjacent. A Crime Thriller / All In A Circle.....(A crime story) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (78) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: An Evening With Eva (2013 Triple Award Winner in Crime. Thriller. Action.) by Nobody: 9:20pm On Sep 15, 2013
Una doeeee oooo, all my nairaland family members by virtue of this fantastic thread. Was offline yesterday, just got back on line today.

@Kayemjay, no b small tin o. Me d@ tot Ahmed was bad, d colonel is even baddestest!!! *where is d@ my boyfriend sef, u beta change ur name to Colonel, else, this relationship is called off* I sure will be bac here tomoro, make i ensure say Ahmed no go misplace for inside lagos oooo. Have a luvly week ahead okay.

@incredible me, no vex jare if i sounded harsh. I didnt mean it like d@ okay. No fights o abeg. Make we all dey yotomi dey go jare.

@Madawaki and Vivvy, omo no b fight jare. As a firstborn, protective nature dey show up sumtimes ni jare. Hope u guys r good sha.

@all oda Kayemjay fans, i hail o
Re: An Evening With Eva (2013 Triple Award Winner in Crime. Thriller. Action.) by Therock5555(m): 9:31pm On Sep 15, 2013
This is the most interesting action story i don read apart from mynd's tri-paternal son.

Oga kay u are the bestest, i actually left this thread to increase for a whike before reading because the last i read i woke up a week later after i survived a deadly heart attack.

But now wey i don catch u, i would begin singing Dbanj's oliver twist.

Wetin 4 8pm tomorow.

Still i follow..... Thumbs up man.

1 Like

Re: An Evening With Eva (2013 Triple Award Winner in Crime. Thriller. Action.) by honorbule(m): 8:42am On Sep 16, 2013
kayemjay:

Hey ya. Oya make I send am to you?
tanks baba.
Re: An Evening With Eva (2013 Triple Award Winner in Crime. Thriller. Action.) by Joizy(f): 9:58am On Sep 16, 2013
Gud mawin al.abeg,i take God beg una,na who help me c kay!rock u don c kay dis mawin?honour abeg kay pas here?hey God na were i wan c kay now?KAY.....KAY....KAY....YYYY[screamin kays name]ha dis guy wan gve me hrt atack!
Re: An Evening With Eva (2013 Triple Award Winner in Crime. Thriller. Action.) by Therock5555(m): 10:56am On Sep 16, 2013
Joizy: Gud mawin al.abeg,i take God beg una,na who help me c kay!rock u don c kay dis mawin?honour abeg kay pas here?hey God na were i wan c kay now?KAY.....KAY....KAY....YYYY[screamin kays name]ha dis guy wan gve me hrt atack!

Ma'am no worry joor, kay dey wit me for office, just go sleep and wake up by 8pm u go see am
Re: An Evening With Eva (2013 Triple Award Winner in Crime. Thriller. Action.) by cherisskenzy(f): 12:02pm On Sep 16, 2013
I have been a silent reader. cry am crying cos of sweetness. I LOVE DIS!!!!
Re: An Evening With Eva (2013 Triple Award Winner in Crime. Thriller. Action.) by VivyGift(f): 5:06pm On Sep 16, 2013
cheris skenzy: I have been a silent reader. cry am crying cos of sweetness. I LOVE DIS!!!!

Eyaah! Sowwi ma dear #gives her a piece of paper, sowwi I dnt av handkerchief# oh I'm too compassionate #held back a tear#
Re: An Evening With Eva (2013 Triple Award Winner in Crime. Thriller. Action.) by visita: 5:11pm On Sep 16, 2013
Where is kay o? Its 8pm here already!! Come and update o wink
Re: An Evening With Eva (2013 Triple Award Winner in Crime. Thriller. Action.) by Incredibleme: 6:10pm On Sep 16, 2013
kay y are u doing this to me!
u have kept me on the air, falling from 10 storey building sine yesternight.
*am still falling o*
Re: An Evening With Eva (2013 Triple Award Winner in Crime. Thriller. Action.) by kayemjay(m): 7:19pm On Sep 16, 2013
Awwww... Luving you guys.

Sexitee dropping it like its hot! Wonderful update dearie. You guys should check it out.

I no fit reply all una comments but please know that I love every single one of you. Every single one.

@visita, 8pm Central African Time o.

Work was hectic today!

I go fit update so?

God dey.
Re: An Evening With Eva (2013 Triple Award Winner in Crime. Thriller. Action.) by Kslib(m): 7:27pm On Sep 16, 2013
kayemjay: Awwww... Luving you guys.

Sexitee dropping it like its hot! Wonderful update dearie. You guys should check it out.

I no fit reply all una comments but please know that I love every single one of you. Every single one.

@visita, 8pm Central African Time o.

Work was hectic today!

I go fit update so?

God dey.
No wahala,we dey your back..
All izz well!
Re: An Evening With Eva (2013 Triple Award Winner in Crime. Thriller. Action.) by kayemjay(m): 8:01pm On Sep 16, 2013
[size=14pt] PREVIOUSLY ON “AN EVENING WITH EVA”: [/size]

“Do I have a choice?” – Sean.

“There is actually a choice. You can walk out that door and call the police. You will not be alive to finish the call. And they will never find your body” – Sophia

“I know I am supposed to be scared right now. But the funny thing is, I am not.” – Sean

“Thomas.” – Sophia

In one very quick motion, she pulled her pants (Trousers) up at the ankles and brought out a small gold embroidered pistol. From her sitting position, five meters from where he stood she pointed the gun at Thomas and pulled the trigger. Blood splattered on the wall behind him as he fell down in one heap, the tray falling from his hands. He was breathing softly and was in pain. He groaned. Sophia got up, walked to the body and stood in front of Thomas, looking at him. She aimed at his heart and shot him again. He was dead.

“Lesson number one: Be Ruthless. Be very very ruthless. Be as gentle as a dove and as dangerous as a shark. Stop shaking and clean up this mess. You have two hours to scrub this room clean and get rid of the body. Chop it into pieces and feed it to the dogs in the fortress. Bring the head to me. See you at 11pm.” – Sophia

“Hello Eva.” – Shina.

“Where am I? Who are you? What’s happening?” – Eva.

“You have been here for two days. You are at The Mansion. Breakfast is at 8am. Someone would like to meet you.” – Shina

“I have a situation here Bruno. Two dogs. What do I do?” – Marshal

“I can see that. Take them out” – Bruno

“Shiittt! He is awake. Get out of there, now!!!!” – Bruno

“BE CAREFUL AHMED. YOU WILL NOT BE WARNED AGAIN.”
– Banner with Blood.

“Hello Uncle. There is something going on I do not understand.” – Ahmed

“I will see you in 2 hours son.” – The Colonel

“The Colonel has finally come out of hiding. Dispatch some of your guys at Berger and I’ll be at the other entry point to Lagos. Ready some of your best buggers. The Colonel is coming to town.” – Tawo

“I changed my mind. I will drive myself. You can take the rest of the day off. I will call you when I get back.” – The Colonel

“He decided to drive himself. I had planted the tracker in the car he asked me to wash. He is currently driving a black Honda Accord with plates AA106SMK. It is a very ordinary and plain car. His rims are alloy and gold plated. He just left.” –James.

“Where are we?” – Tawo

“The situation is dicey sir. He is driving a very common car and he is going to be hard to pick out.” – Agent Ope.

“Merge the connection between Saturn –U134 and Mecury-00A. Now, bridge them and combine their transitions. Use the WSPTA protocol to rewrite the imagery and log into all CCTVs, mobile phone and every fuccking device that has a lens and is in proximity. Launch a new search.” – Tawo.

“Zoom in on that.” – Tawo.

“The Colonel is about to pass through Mowe. Set up your guys at the MFM area. This should be as easy as taking a pee.” – Tawo.

“Target was not in the vehicle. He somehow maneuvered his way and we lost him. I put a tracker on his decoy. Trace it and have a man on him.” – Shina.

“Don’t you recognize me son?” – The Colonel

“Are you okay Uncle?” – Ahmed

“I am fine son. Tell me what happened in this house. I saw the banners.” – The Colonel

“Don’t!” – The Colonel.

“After installation and boot up, these devices must never be handled with bare hands. They have been designed to be sensitive to the touch of the skin and would immediately inject the skin surface with a deadly toxin that would paralyze the handler if held for more than two seconds. If you had touched it, you would have become a ‘vegetable’.” – The Colonel.

“Oh my God! Who the hell are these people?” – Ahmed

[size=14pt] AND NOW. . . [/size]

Sean woke up startled. He was sweating profusely despite the intensity at which the air condition was blowing. He just had a nightmare. Was it? He saw himself chopping off a young man’s body limb by limb. Each time the sharp machete made contact with the dead flesh, little spurts of blood were deposited on his face. The dead man was screaming for help and begging for pity as Sean cut him mercilessly. Ignoring the man’s pleas, he took the huge pieces of meat with the bones dangling on one side and approached the den in the Fortress. The sight of the dogs alone brought fright to him. The dogs were huge and menacingly wild. No one in his complete senses dared to enter the fortress when the dogs were not leashed or caged. There were three Rottweilers, two German Shepherds, one Husky, and one Wolf dog Hybrid. Ferocious dogs that were usually made to go very hungry before they were fed. The last time they ate was the evening before. And they were quite hungry, and ready to pounce. As Sean approached they began to bark in their den, the Rottweilers spewing huge amounts of saliva from their mouths. Sean stood a few meters away from the Den. Even though the cage was locked tight, he still did not want to risk taking any chances. He began to throw the pieces of flesh into the cage. Some got in. Some did not. In the demented rush for the meat, the Wolf Dog Hybrid forced the cage open. It came after Sean and the remaining pieces of flesh he had with him. Sean ran for dear life. He ran as fast and as swift as his legs could carry him. But Sean was not fast enough. The Wolf Dog pursued him and caught up with him. It pounced on him, sinking its teeth in Sean’s right arm which he used as a shield to cover his face. He screamed.

Sean woke up.

He was sweating. He turned on the bedside lamp, partially illuminating the room and casting a small shadow on the walls. He looked up at the wall clock. 3:26am. He could not go back to sleep. He was haunted by the dogs. He got up from his bed and opened a door to his left. He entered the bathroom and saw a large brown bucket stained with a reddish liquid. He moved closer to inspect the bucket. He was shocked at what he saw inside. There was a human head soaked in a pool of blood. His heart raced. So it was not a dream after all. He suddenly wished it was all a dream. He remembered all that happened the evening before. He recalled how Sophia had wasted the life of a promising young man just to prove a point. A ridiculous point. What in the world did they want with him anyway? He stopped starring at the bucket and face the small rectangular mirror on the wall by the sink. He washed his face and looked up at his reflection. He was looking very haggard. He hadn’t shaved in days and looked very unkempt. He made a mental note to ask for a clipper in the morning.

Sean got back to his room. He switched on the lights and looked around. He had previously scrubbed the tiled floors clean. The walls still had a little blood stain. That could be ignored, he told himself. He opened the drawer attached to his bedside table, pulling out a file. The first few pages contained a summary of his whole life and the past 4 months were summarized in more detail. He skipped that part and concentrated on the second module of the file. This contained a list of things he was supposed to do and a timeline for the completion of the tasks. He was expected of produce a 90% accuracy at the least.

There was a 3 months special online course on Cybersystems and Cyberspace. After that, 2 months of Router Hacking and Password Decryption. He had another four days of Wireless Systems, Radio Configuration and Cloud Redirection. His performance after all these would determine if they would continue with him to the advanced stage or discharge him. He did not like how that sounded. ‘Discharge’. He had a feeling that he would not be let go so easily. He feared the worst. He closed the file and thought about his girlfriend in Canada. He had not spoken to her in over a week. He missed her. He missed his mother. He knew there were agents at her very doorstep and that really worried him.

He heaved a huge sigh. He was going to get to the bottom of this. No matter what it would take, he was not going to give up until he got to the end of the line.

He closed his eyes and drifted into dreamland.

Tawo was furious. He was angry at himself and at the whole team. He was raging and venting his anger at anyone who as much as spoke a word to him. He sat on his swivel chair swaying left and right, both hands on his forehead. He was rubbing his temple and trying to find out where everything went wrong.

“Sir, there is…” Agent Ope started but stopped when he saw the bloody look of anger in his superior’s eyes

“You have 15 seconds to say what you wanted to blurt. If I am not impressed, I will have you monitoring the CCTV at Park ‘N’ Shop by tomorrow.” Tawo threatened.

The Agent hesitated for a few seconds. He kept quiet. He knew that if he still did not speak, the same fate awaited him. He decided to say what he wanted to and hope that it impressed his Boss.

“Sir, upon gruesome scrutiny of the playback tapes of the bugging operation, I noticed a blind spot. We overlooked that little glitch but upon proper inspection, I noticed that it was actually not a glitch.” Agent Ope said.

“You’ve got my attention. Go on.” Tawo said.

“There was a point that the target was stationary for about 90 seconds. That was our blind spot. I decided to check it out. I was able to override one of the surveillance cameras around the Redemption Camp. The nearest camera was a CAM70-Extreme. I zoomed in on it and adjusted the capture area.” Ope said, getting up and moving to the large touch screen monitor on the wall.

“This is where the target was blinking for 90 seconds,” He said touching a portion of the map. The touched portion grew large filling the whole screen. He continued.

“From here onwards for about 500 meters, there was no traffic and there are no fuel stations, restaurants, shops, fast foods or anything to make him stop. He was constantly on the move.” He touched a smaller portion of the now expanded map.

“This is the most acute angle that the camera could pick. I will rewind the footage of the camera at this point of the map sir.” Ope said.

He pressed a button on the screen and a video footage appeared in very slow motion, at the exact point the mechanic came out from. It showed the Mechanic coming out of a small hut which served as his workshop, crossing the road and going left. There was nothing after that. Exactly 90 secons later, the Black Honda zoomed past.

“Impressive Ope” Tawo asserted a smile on his lips.

“Thank you sir. The Colonel is very smart. He had the Mechanic come meet him at the exact spot where he knew that he would not be captured by the cameras. He deliberately put this Mechanic on the spot. We have no records against the young lad sir. I am sure he knew that. We can’t make him talk. It seems he is going to win with this one.” Ope concluded.

Tawo was thinking. His fingers were playing with small beard. As the video replayed, something caught his eye.

“Stop that. Yes. Start the footage all over. And pause it on 03mins:14secs” Tawo ordered.

Ope obeyed. They watched the video all over again. From the beginning, cars were passing. At 01mins: 16secs, the Mechanic crossed the road and started walking left. He was not visible anymore. At 02mins:55secs, they watched as the Black Honda zoomed past. Nothing happened for the next 17 seconds. Two seconds later, Tawo half screamed, “Pause Now!”.

There was a Danfo in the footage, pause as it was accelerating.

“That Danfo is just accelerating. Zoom in on the front passenger seat.” Tawo barked

Ope did that. A blurred face with a white background.

“Now take that that image and move it to the facial ID defragmenter. “ Tawo commanded.

Ope pressed a button on the screen, used the tip his fingers to trace the edges of the image and pressed another button. With his two thumbs, he flipped the traced image in one very swift fast motion onto the next screen by his right.

“Image received. Scanning and Defragmentation in progress” came a computer voice from the screen.

They waited 12 seconds and then an image appeared before them.

It was The Colonel in his white linen,

Tawo smiled.

“Get me that bus registration plates.” He said to Ope.

“Yes sir.”

Ope zoomed in on the registration plates, defragmented it and printed it out.

“Done sir.” Ope said.

“Good.” Tawo replied getting the printed sheet from him.

He pressed a button on his table. His voice went into loud speaker mode in another office on the previous floor below them. There were eight trained search agents in that room. Give them a tiny detail (a name or a place or a phone number) and they would search out and deliver every single information regarding it. They had access to any electronic device that had access to the internet or used a database. They were the best.

“Bee Hive. This is Super-Agent Tawo. I want all routes taken by commercial van with registration plates BZ739FST between the hours of 6:30 and 7:30. You have 15 minutes.”

He pushed back his chair, put his legs on his table one on top of the other. He put his two hands behind his head and closed his eyes.

“I am going to nail this bastard.” He said to himself.

To be continued…

4 Likes

Re: An Evening With Eva (2013 Triple Award Winner in Crime. Thriller. Action.) by rapmike(m): 8:15pm On Sep 16, 2013
1st to comment? Yeaaa....
Ok seriously dis is intriguing. U am smart bt i r smarter tinz,shey?
Kayemaye, u make sense.
Re: An Evening With Eva (2013 Triple Award Winner in Crime. Thriller. Action.) by Nobody: 8:18pm On Sep 16, 2013
Mehn! These guys are bad! Naija policemen go need one whole century to attain this height!
Kay, you be don o. Great job. Much respect baba..
Re: An Evening With Eva (2013 Triple Award Winner in Crime. Thriller. Action.) by Sexitee03(f): 8:22pm On Sep 16, 2013
smiley nail them baby! I'm on the sise of the villain though, heros are too boring! grin as for you Sean, I wish you luck in getting to the bottom, that is I'd you don't get urself killed. Good work sweets wink
Re: An Evening With Eva (2013 Triple Award Winner in Crime. Thriller. Action.) by ninja4life(m): 8:27pm On Sep 16, 2013
I dey enjoy dis action film its really interesting.expecting next episode nice work
Re: An Evening With Eva (2013 Triple Award Winner in Crime. Thriller. Action.) by ninja4life(m): 8:28pm On Sep 16, 2013
Sexitee03: smiley nail them baby! I'm on the sise of the villain though, heros are too boring! grin as for you Sean, I wish you luck in getting to the bottom, that is I'd you don't get urself killed. Good work sweets wink
lmao i'm also getting to like dat tawo na correct guy.

1 Like

Re: An Evening With Eva (2013 Triple Award Winner in Crime. Thriller. Action.) by Yettocome(m): 8:36pm On Sep 16, 2013
Just thinking.... What if d Colonel is killed? And Sean now becomes the hero after them teaching him themselves, in collabo wiv Eva. I also think Ahmed will get himself killed....

Nice work KMJ. You will make a living writing for Hollywood. This is typically their storyline. Couldn't keep quiet again... Been silent all along. Ciao!
Re: An Evening With Eva (2013 Triple Award Winner in Crime. Thriller. Action.) by Nobody: 8:36pm On Sep 16, 2013
Yesterday, i wanted my bf to change his name to Colonel. After reading today's story, i feel he should change it to Tawo, abi what do u guys think?

@Kayemjay, weldone jare. I appreciate d@ u still made out time to update for us after ur hectic day @ d office. I hope tomoro is better for u. Enjoy d rest of your week okay. Chao.
Re: An Evening With Eva (2013 Triple Award Winner in Crime. Thriller. Action.) by Therock5555(m): 9:09pm On Sep 16, 2013
Chai dis update take style short o, anyway weldone sir.

Now i go continue my thread
Re: An Evening With Eva (2013 Triple Award Winner in Crime. Thriller. Action.) by Tinynita(f): 9:10pm On Sep 16, 2013
xo enjoying this
Re: An Evening With Eva (2013 Triple Award Winner in Crime. Thriller. Action.) by Joizy(f): 9:41pm On Sep 16, 2013
9ce 1 kay.xo into it
Re: An Evening With Eva (2013 Triple Award Winner in Crime. Thriller. Action.) by Nduking92(m): 9:43pm On Sep 16, 2013
The rock5555: Chai dis update take style short o, anyway weldone sir.

Now i go continue my thread
2 short
Re: An Evening With Eva (2013 Triple Award Winner in Crime. Thriller. Action.) by kunlesehan(m): 9:56pm On Sep 16, 2013
Sexitee03: smiley nail them baby! I'm on the sise of the villain though, heros are too boring! grin as for you Sean, I wish you luck in getting to the bottom, that is I'd you don't get urself killed. Good work sweets wink
my sentiments exactly
Re: An Evening With Eva (2013 Triple Award Winner in Crime. Thriller. Action.) by rapmike(m): 9:59pm On Sep 16, 2013
bodashee: Yesterday, i wanted my bf to change his name to Colonel. After reading today's story, i feel he should change it to Tawo, abi what do u guys think?

@Kayemjay, weldone jare. I appreciate d@ u still made out time to update for us after ur hectic day @ d office. I hope tomoro is better for u. Enjoy d rest of your week okay. Chao.
Then if Sean makes sense 2moro, ur bf go turn name 2 sean abi?
Re: An Evening With Eva (2013 Triple Award Winner in Crime. Thriller. Action.) by Kslib(m): 10:23pm On Sep 16, 2013
Nice one kaye..
This story is da bomb...
All izz well!
Re: An Evening With Eva (2013 Triple Award Winner in Crime. Thriller. Action.) by adisa204(m): 10:44pm On Sep 16, 2013
Guy u re da best at your field...
Re: An Evening With Eva (2013 Triple Award Winner in Crime. Thriller. Action.) by Bluediamond1(f): 11:04pm On Sep 16, 2013
rapmike:
Then if Sean makes sense 2moro, ur bf go turn name 2 sean abi?
lolz,abi na.by d tym KMJ wld b tru wit dis story,her bf go don bear all d xters name.
KMJ,i c u.
Re: An Evening With Eva (2013 Triple Award Winner in Crime. Thriller. Action.) by kayemjay(m): 11:13pm On Sep 16, 2013
Yippeee!!! Just found out my thread is among the Trending Topics!

Thanks guys. You ROCK!!! All of you!

Na front page remain o. Lol.

Na tomorrow I go get una time.
Re: An Evening With Eva (2013 Triple Award Winner in Crime. Thriller. Action.) by JeffreyJamez(m): 1:00am On Sep 17, 2013
Ah!!!! If Criminals like this dey this 9ja for reals abeg where dem dey recruit? @Oga Kay....all this their "toys" dey thrill me abeg.....Kudos BOSS!!!!
Re: An Evening With Eva (2013 Triple Award Winner in Crime. Thriller. Action.) by Nobody: 3:17am On Sep 17, 2013
@Rapmike and blue diamond, i dont jst know oooooooo. All of them jst seem really cool. *where is d@ my bf sef* bf u too say sometin na!
Re: An Evening With Eva (2013 Triple Award Winner in Crime. Thriller. Action.) by kenchukscole(m): 7:47am On Sep 17, 2013
Gud one bro

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (78) (Reply)

[story] My Life As A Yahoo Boy / Twine (A Drama Series) / To Hate And Love(story That Touches The Heart) By Adaobi Marianne

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.