Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,660 members, 7,809,494 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:35 AM

General New Zealand Student Enquires - Travel (47) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General New Zealand Student Enquires (210119 Views)

New Zealand Student Visa / Australia Or New Zealand Student Visa! / New Zealand Student Visa: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by Ticha: 10:39pm On Apr 02, 2023
peze:
STUDENT VISA APPROVED!!!
First Time Applicant
Visa lodged: 04 March 2023
Visa approved: 31 March 2023
Institution: Massey University (Auckland).
Course: PhD Finance
Intake : April 2023
Finance: Self-Sponsored
Consultancy: N/A

(Please I will appreciate if anyone can help me with Naija contacts in Massey University, Auckland)

Congratulations! There is a good Nigerian community in Palmerston North or is your course based in Auckland? Ask the university's international office to link you up with current Nigerian students to enable you start accommodation hunting.
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by Bmuhd4smile: 11:53pm On Apr 02, 2023
peze:
STUDENT VISA APPROVED!!!
First Time Applicant

(Please I will appreciate if anyone can help me with Naija contacts in Massey University, Auckland)

Congratulations πŸ‘πŸ‘.

2 Likes

Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by Bmuhd4smile: 12:04am On Apr 03, 2023
peze:
STUDENT VISA APPROVED!!!
First Time Applicant

I am interested in the schools PhD Accounting. I sent you a mail for further discussion.

2 Likes

Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by peze: 5:37am On Apr 03, 2023
Yes, my course is based in Palmerston North. Glad to hear there is a good Nigerian community! I will ask the university's international office to link me up.
Thank you Ticha
Ticha:

Congratulations! There is a good Nigerian community in Palmerston North or is your course based in Auckland? Ask the university's international office to link you up with current Nigerian students to enable you start accommodation hunting.
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by Ticha: 6:12am On Apr 03, 2023
peze:

Yes, my course is based in Palmerston North. Glad to hear there is a good Nigerian community! I will ask the university's international office to link me up.
Thank you Ticha

Fab! Good luck. I live in Wellington so not a million miles away. It might also be useful to detail the admission process for future applicants? I notice there isn't a lot of real time info on here which is a shame.

2 Likes

Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by peze: 8:55am On Apr 03, 2023
Okay, I will work on that soonest.
Ticha:

Fab! Good luck. I live in Wellington so not a million miles away. It might also be useful to detail the admission process for future applicants? I notice there isn't a lot of real time info on here which is a shame.
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by banke333: 3:25pm On Apr 04, 2023
Congratulations!!! Please where you asked for additional information at any point? And did your application status on the online portal ever change from 'Submitted' to any other status? Finally, did you get an email when an immigration officer was assigned to your application?

peze:
STUDENT VISA APPROVED!!!
First Time Applicant

Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by peze: 4:12am On Apr 07, 2023
1. I wasn't asked for additional information in my application. However, they requested for further documents on my wife's application which was a separate application from mine.
2. The application status did not change from 'Submitted' to any other status.
3. I received only 2 emails. The first was the automated email I received immediately after submitting my application. The second was the email for Visa Approved.
banke333:
Congratulations!!! Please where you asked for additional information at any point? And did your application status on the online portal ever change from 'Submitted' to any other status? Finally, did you get an email when an immigration officer was assigned to your application?

1 Like

Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by Heyzee5: 4:34pm On Apr 07, 2023
peze:
1. I wasn't asked for additional information in my application. However, they requested for further documents on my wife's application which was a separate application from mine.
2. The application status did not change from 'Submitted' to any other status.
3. I received only 2 emails. The first was the automated email I received immediately after submitting my application. The second was the email for Visa Approved.

Hi, congrats on your visa application. I am also rooting for a Phd in Finance like yours in a few years after completing my Msc program in finance from a Private University here in Nigeria. My question is: are Msc degrees from Private Universities here in Nigeria recognized as a requisite for applying for a Phd program in New Zealand??
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by peze: 9:38pm On Apr 07, 2023
Thank you. Yes, Msc Degrees from accredited Private Universities are recognised for PhD application in New Zealand.
Heyzee5:

Hi, congrats on your visa application. I am also rooting for a Phd in Finance like yours in a few years after completing my Msc program in finance from a Private University here in Nigeria. My question is: are Msc degrees from Private Universities here in Nigeria recognized as a requisite for applying for a Phd program in New Zealand??

1 Like

Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by oluwamagnum(m): 5:03pm On Apr 30, 2023
peze:
STUDENT VISA APPROVED!!!
First Time Applicant

Congrats bro! I’m also going for a PhD. Can we talk privately? I would like some info on the visa application process

1 Like

Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by shabazz1776: 7:58pm On May 04, 2023
Hello everybody
I’m trying to apply to study in new Zealand and the schools I reached out are asking me to use an accredited agent of theirs, pls how do I go about this . I need help urgently on how to apply
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by Ticha: 10:19pm On May 04, 2023
shabazz1776:
Hello everybody
I’m trying to apply to study in new Zealand and the schools I reached out are asking me to use an accredited agent of theirs, pls how do I go about this . I need help urgently on how to apply

All the unis will have an agent list. Ask them for it. Lincoln Uni uses an agent in India
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by dude420(m): 12:05pm On May 06, 2023
hey yall anybody who finished schooling, what's the job prospect like in new Zeeland after graduation? doesn't look too good on the job portals .

1 Like

Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by peze: 1:56am On May 08, 2023
Here is a quick guide on my New Zealand Study Visa application process and the documents I submitted.

Firstly, as a self-sponsored student, I applied for Fee Paying Student Visa. Please visit INZ website to create a Realme Account: http://www.immigration.govt.nz/apply-student-online. The online application process can take 15-30 minutes if you have all documents ready.

Secondly, I gathered and arranged all documents to be uploaded. The below listed documents are what I uploaded/attached in the following order.

1.Passport style photograph
2.International Passport -Copy of identity pages
3.Offer of place from the Education Provider (Massey University)
4.Proof of Fund: Documents merged (You will need NZD $20,000 as the primary applicant)
-Receipt of Payment of Tuition (Paid via CBN Form A-it took 2 months)
-My Zenith Bank account statement showing evidence of tuition payment
-Access Bank Statement of 4 months (NGN 11million for both myself and my spouse)
-Valuated Landed Property with supporting documents
-Evidence to justify lump sum deposit within the 4 months interval.
5.Upfront Medical Report: Did General Medicals examination at IOM Ikeja. Pls visit INZ website for the list of panel physicians near you. (www.immigration.govt.nz/paneldoctors)
6. Police Certificate issued less than 6 months ago-(I got this from Police CID-Alagbon, Lagos)
7.Cover Letter or Statement of Purpose: Explained my study intentions, provided details of my source of my fund, home ties and other necessary information to prove I am a genuine applicant.
8.Relationship Certificate or Proof of Marriage: Merged Court Marriage Cert, Change of name newspaper publication, Wedding pictures with family and in-laws.
9.Educational Qualification: Merged WAEC result, B.Sc Cert and M.Sc Cert.
10.Academic Transcripts: Merged both B.Sc and M.Sc Transcripts.
11. Proof of Employment: Merged the following docs
-Employment Letter
-Promotion Letters
-Payslips
-Pension Statement of Account
-Work Reference Letter confirming my position and length of employment
-Tax Clearance Certificate.
-Resume/CV
12.Birth Certificate
13.Family Tie: Merged Group Family Photos and ID Cards of family members to prove relationship
14.Travel History: Entry and Exit stamp photos on my International Passport.
15.National Identity Document: Attached my NIN
16.Proof of English- IELTS or University letter indication English was the medium of instruction.
17.Additional Information Form: INZ1200

Thirdly, payment of visa application fee of NZD $430-(I used a dollar virtual card to make payment)

Lastly, pray earnestly and always check email for any update from INZ regarding your visa application (e.g request for additional information). In my case, besides the email confirming receipt of my visa application, the next email I received from INZ came with Visa Approved Document.
peze:
Okay, I will work on that soonest.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by Franklin24: 12:03am On May 10, 2023
peze:

Here is a quick guide on my New Zealand Study Visa application process and the documents I submitted.

Firstly, as a self-sponsored student, I applied for Fee Paying Student Visa. Please visit INZ website to create a Realme Account: http://www.immigration.govt.nz/apply-student-online. The online application process can take 15-30 minutes if you have all documents ready.

Secondly, I gathered and arranged all documents to be uploaded. The below listed documents are what I uploaded/attached in the following order.

4.Proof of Fund: Documents merged (You will need NZD $20,000 as the primary applicant)
-Access Bank Statement of 4 months (NGN 11million for both myself and my spouse)
5.Upfront Medical Report: Did General Medicals examination at IOM Ikeja. Pls visit INZ website for the list of panel physicians near you. (www.immigration.govt.nz/paneldoctors)
6. Police Certificate issued less than 6 months ago-(I got this from Police CID-Alagbon, Lagos)
7.Cover Letter or Statement of Purpose: Explained my study intentions, provided details of my source of my fund, home ties and other necessary information to prove I am a genuine applicant.
8.Relationship Certificate or Proof of Marriage: Merged Court Marriage Cert, Change of name newspaper publication, Wedding pictures with family and in-laws.
-Employment Letter
-Promotion Letters
-Payslips
-Resume/CV
12.Birth Certificate
13.Family Tie: Merged Group Family Photos and ID Cards of family members to prove relationship
16.Proof of English- IELTS or University letter indication English was the medium of instruction.

Thirdly, payment of visa application fee of NZD $430-(I used a dollar virtual card to make payment)

Lastly, pray earnestly and always check email for any update from INZ regarding your visa application (e.g request for additional information). In my case, besides the email confirming receipt of my visa application, the next email I received from INZ came with Visa Approved Document.
Congratulations! Thank you for the transcript you provided.

1 Like

Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by Franklin24: 12:08am On May 10, 2023
Saokelarin6942:

I don't think any telegram group exist.

Auckland University of Technology prospective PhD applicants please reach out Γ³.
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by Franklin24: 12:10am On May 10, 2023
GraduatesGrant:
Hi everyone,
Please I'm an applicant to Auckland university of technology, New Zealand.
I was assigned to a supervisor and we're working together on a formal research proposal to earn me an offer of place in mechanical engineering.
My supervisor clearly stated he does not have funding which I obliged to go ahead. So he sent me this email last night. Although, we are still working on my proposed topic.

My condition: I'm married with 2 kids aged 3 and 6 months. My wife is a graduate with 5 years experience in the banking industry. I'm aware that as a PhD student my tuition is same as domestic students and I don't have to pay for health insurance.

Please, based on my scenario, what's the possibility of succeeding with my family size with aim of my wife working upon arrival at new Zealand?

Hello bro, what was your decision? Did you apply for the PhD at AUT?
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by JettingNk: 9:59am On May 17, 2023
πŸ“’ Attention prospective students of Victoria University of Wellington! πŸŽ“

Are you considering joining our vibrant university community and seeking firsthand advice from current students? Look no further! 🌟

Introducing our incredible team of Student Ambassadors who are here to answer all your questions and share their personal experiences at Victoria University of Wellington. πŸŽ‰

πŸ” Our Student Ambassadors are ready to provide valuable insights on:

βœ… Course selection and program details
βœ… Campus life and student organizations
βœ… Accommodation options and living in Wellington
βœ… Academic support and resources
βœ… Extra-curricular activities and events

πŸ’¬ Connect with our Student Ambassadors to get real-life perspectives and personalized guidance for a smooth transition into university life. They are eager to help and share their tips and tricks to make your journey at Victoria University of Wellington unforgettable! πŸ’‘

🌐 To connect with our Student Ambassadors, simply follow the link: https://www.wgtn.ac.nz/international/why-wellington/meet-our-students
They are excited to hear from you and help you make informed decisions as you embark on this exciting chapter of your academicΒ journey.Β πŸŽ“βœ¨
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by KAssybabe(f): 8:43am On May 19, 2023
[quote author=Ticha post=120701280]

Hello Ticha pls I applied for the Manaaki New Zealand schorlarship that expire February 28 though they said they will get back 6 to 10 months or so to their applicant but I saw declined on my status.

Should I still wait for their email
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by Ticha: 11:01pm On May 19, 2023
[quote author=KAssybabe post=123228608][/quote]

It most likely means you were not selected
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by EngrEgghead: 8:11pm On May 28, 2023
@Ticha and all other notable NZL members. What's is the feasibility of converting a visit visa (once you arrive at NZL with it) to a work visa.
I am keen on using the visit visa route (even though I don't know anyone in NZL) and then using the opportunity to secure a job over there so l can bring my wife and kids. Is this possible?
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by Ticha: 8:57pm On May 28, 2023
EngrEgghead:
@Ticha and all other notable NZL members. What's is the feasibility of converting a visit visa (once you arrive at NZL with it) to a work visa.
I am keen on using the visit visa route (even though I don't know anyone in NZL) and then using the opportunity to secure a job over there so l can bring my wife and kids. Is this possible?

It's relatively easy and allowed. You do need to get your ducks in a row and ensure your application is accepted first time
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by binkslove: 9:15am On May 30, 2023
Pls is there any age limit in New Zealand universities, am 37 I have OND in Business Administration and I want to apply for a BSC degree in business.

1 Like

Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by Ticha: 10:08am On May 30, 2023
binkslove:
Pls is there any age limit in New Zealand universities, am 37 I have OND in Business Administration and I want to apply for a BSC degree in business.

There is no age limit - undergraduate students are not allowed to bring dependants though

1 Like

Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by binkslove: 10:56am On May 30, 2023
Thank you very much my marital status is single.
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by dude420(m): 11:34am On Jun 07, 2023
Can one drop out of phd and become a dependent ?
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by Ewadoyin1983: 12:51pm On Jun 07, 2023
Pls can anyone guide me for PhD/ Master admission. I already had my masters but am not sure if I should go for my PhD or redo another master.
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by Ticha: 5:15pm On Jun 07, 2023
dude420:
Can one drop out of phd and become a dependent ?

Yes but not if the other person is on an undergraduate or master student visa
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by Ticha: 5:16pm On Jun 07, 2023
Ewadoyin1983:
Pls can anyone guide me for PhD/ Master admission. I already had my masters but am not sure if I should go for my PhD or redo another master.

Did your masters have a thesis or research component? If yes, do a phd

1 Like

Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by DamiJane: 11:38am On Jun 09, 2023
Hello good day house.

So I got an undergraduate offer of place with Aukland University NZ using my Higher national diploma certificate .
I did computer science during my HND days and now am going for Digital communications (Bachelor degree).

Pls my elders and mentors in the house I will like you to give me all the advice, suggestions, ideas etc.. on how to to go about this. Is my first application ever and I got, guide me through in both visa procedures, scholarships etc.

Thanks
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by peze: 8:25am On Jun 15, 2023
Congratulations on your offer of place at UOA.

As per scholarship, you can check through your school website or other related scholarship boards for available scholarships you can apply.

The visa process is well detailed on INZ website (https://www.immigration.govt.nz/assist-migrants-and-students/assist-students/student-visa-info). However, you can briefly check the below post as guide to your visa application-

peze:

-Employment Letter
-Promotion Letters
-Payslips
-Resume/CV
12.Birth Certificate

DamiJane:
Hello good day house.

So I got an undergraduate offer of place with Aukland University NZ using my Higher national diploma certificate .
I did computer science during my HND days and now am going for Digital communications (Bachelor degree).

Pls my elders and mentors in the house I will like you to give me all the advice, suggestions, ideas etc.. on how to to go about this. Is my first application ever and I got, guide me through in both visa procedures, scholarships etc.

Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada-part2 / On Vacation: New York City / I Finally Got To America-thanks Nairaland!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.