Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,901 members, 7,817,670 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:52 PM

10 Funny Signs You're An Introvert - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 10 Funny Signs You're An Introvert (39689 Views)

8 Signs You're His Side Chick But Not His Girlfriend / Seven Reasons Why You Should Date A Shy Or Introvert Girl / Reasons Why You Should Date A Shy And Introvert Guy. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Funny Signs You're An Introvert by ginas: 12:50pm On Aug 31, 2013
WOW, All your points speaks of me. Everything on point. Nice job..
Re: 10 Funny Signs You're An Introvert by slap1(m): 12:50pm On Aug 31, 2013
yemmit90:

This kind of living is dangerous to your health. Cheerful life is an important food to our heart/soul. Please be friendly.
I'm the friendliest, kindest and happiest guy I've ever met. I can give up my last bucks for a stranger. My only source of sadness now is Arsene Wenger.
Re: 10 Funny Signs You're An Introvert by Raypawer(m): 12:51pm On Aug 31, 2013
ok o! This looks true abt me sha

Re: 10 Funny Signs You're An Introvert by Nobody: 12:52pm On Aug 31, 2013
Phlegmatic the dominant temperament in this case.
Re: 10 Funny Signs You're An Introvert by yemmit90: 12:52pm On Aug 31, 2013
chronique: Is it me that is not communicating well or you're the one who doesn't understand me? Well,I'm not lonely. My biz also brings me in contact with people/strangers and I definitely do not lack social skills. However,if biz is not taking me out,I like to enjoy the quietness of my crib. All your concerns are well covere and taken care of. Being an introvert does not necessarily mean you do not go out or mix with people. It's more about how you relate with them. It's more about you picking a quiet spot in public and having quiet convos with individuals as opposed to extroverts who probably jump around and shout and mingle with everybody. It's just a thing of choice and it's not a bad thing.

Like I said before,I'm only concern about the last three sentences of your initial post. It's well, as long as you're doing some exercise,no problem. Have a wonderful weekend!
Re: 10 Funny Signs You're An Introvert by nnabuike1(m): 12:53pm On Aug 31, 2013
Every single one of the op's points fit my personhood perfectly, therefore being an introvert must be a good thing.
Re: 10 Funny Signs You're An Introvert by paranorman(m): 12:53pm On Aug 31, 2013
ganase2: In this age and time, being an introvert does not seem to be what anyone easily admits to....readily, everyone is trying to prove they have the requisite social skills of an extrovert.

Between, here are funny but real reasons why you just might be an introvert...do read on!

1. You think before you talk and check before you chat
Sort of the right thing to do huh?...You have a consistently running internal monologue that screens every word before it drops from your mouth. Not a fast speaker there...You screen your chats too severally, before you send them...lol.

2. You go to parties -– but not to meet people.
Nooo...you may not necessarily be hanging out alone...but meeting new people is rarely the goal of attending a party. You simply get in your safe harbour- looking out for your friends and hanging out with them.

3. Great speaker, fearful mingler
You may not be shy...infact, you can give a great speech in front of 500 people but mingling with them one-on-one afterwards is a huge problem.

4. You hate idle chatter
You can be in a room with room mates with them discussing on a topic without necessarily making a contribution...you hate small talk not because you hate people but because they seem meaningless to you.

5. You are self conscious
Since you are not doing most of the talking, you are doing most of the observing and hence, assume that everyone is observing you in the same way...judging the way you speak, your accent etc....whereas, they might not necessarily be doing so,

6. You like extreme sitting positions
When you have to sit at a bench, you don't sit in the middle because you don't like being surrounded by people on all sides. In church, you prefer the extreme rows of seats to the middle ones.

7. You dread audience participation
You prefer a talk or a lecture to a discussion or interaction. If you must be involved in the latter, you must have been informed earlier so that you can "compose yourself".

8. You've been accused severally of not keeping in touch
The funny part is that you cannot fathom why someone who called you three days back would call you and say something like; "You have forgotten me abi..."and you're like, "Are we supposed to be talking everyday"?....you also do not like midnight, except its utterly the last resort. For you, it's too much time to waste on "nonsense talk".
You screen all your calls and you may not pick up your phone even from people you like only to call them back as soon as you’re mentally prepared and have gathered the energy for the conversation.

9. You're a Writer
...a good one at that. Or sometimes, a poet. You prefer to put your ideas in writing than to speak them because the former gives you the opportunity to perfectly choose your words and structure your thoughts.

10. Friends made you and not the other way round
Check out the list of your closest and distant friends and you'd realize that they made more efforts at being your friend than you did at the initial stage before you settled into the friendship.

If you can boast of some of these qualities, then check again...against your initial judgement, you just might be an introvert!

http://www.tutubranch.com/2013/08/funny-introvert-signs.html

twitter @tutubranch

you just defined me 90%... But on the 10th point; friends dont really make me though they tried couple o'times esp the very social and persuasive ones... But i learn from dem conciously and unconciously that sometins, i behave like dey do momentarily; i do 'adjust' meself later on sha
Re: 10 Funny Signs You're An Introvert by Jilo83(m): 12:54pm On Aug 31, 2013
Yes o (mo wa nibi) i'm here
Re: 10 Funny Signs You're An Introvert by elrony(m): 12:55pm On Aug 31, 2013
#team_introverts #team_hermit lol....we just simply rock!!! tongue tongue grin
Re: 10 Funny Signs You're An Introvert by yemmit90: 12:57pm On Aug 31, 2013
slap1: I'm the friendliest, kindest and happiest guy I've ever met. I can give up my last bucks for a stranger. My only source of sadness now is Arsene Wenger.

grin grin I knew you're joking. Have a wonderful weekend!
Re: 10 Funny Signs You're An Introvert by judedwriter(m): 12:58pm On Aug 31, 2013
I'm introverted. I'm a melancholy-phlegmatic combination. Hmmmm... All I can say I enjoy my privacy so much, others tend 2 c me as a snob. I do write a lot because I am a creative thinker n public speaker but I not great in socializing. One thing about me, is if u stress me, I avoid u like a plague; pls don't confuse dis with hating. We introverts r grossly misunderstood.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Funny Signs You're An Introvert by ib4real95(m): 12:58pm On Aug 31, 2013
I've always known am an introvert... I guess d major reason is for being d only child, so I'm used to being alone which I now find very cool and I rarely talk in public but in ma mind I have a lot of tins I'm pondering abt... I just love being alone.. But d disadvantage is lack of being able to socialize... But at least as an introverrt, I have a girlfrnd and she loves ♍ε̲̣̣̣̥ for who I am..... I love myself!
Re: 10 Funny Signs You're An Introvert by BlackHuman(m): 12:59pm On Aug 31, 2013
I'm an introvert and i love it... Research, has found that introverts learn new things/concepts faster than extroverts. because of their ability to observe & listen more than they speak. Unlike what most people think;the truth is that they're actually very sensitive to happenings & changes in their environment.

4 Likes

Re: 10 Funny Signs You're An Introvert by Nobody: 1:00pm On Aug 31, 2013
shymexx: I exhibit everything you listed, however, I honestly don't think I'm an introvert. Because I also do a few things that extroverts do. Most people think I'm cocky/arrogant and self-centered. But I think I'm just eccentric and I live in my own world and, I do things my own way based on my mood and how comfortable I'm. You can add some attributes from my star sign to the equation! Hell yeah, I'm a complex S.O.B and I'm still trying to find the first mofo that would understand my personality.

Anyway, I think it's a little bit simplistic to put people in a box based on their personality. Everything depends on mood, experience and other miscellaneous things.

Which is?

Two guesses come to mind.
Re: 10 Funny Signs You're An Introvert by Dollarjunkie: 1:00pm On Aug 31, 2013
ganase2:

twitter @tutubranch
This is wholly just me! Amazing! In fact, whoever wrote this knows me better than I do.
Re: 10 Funny Signs You're An Introvert by Richy4(m): 1:01pm On Aug 31, 2013
chronique: Well,in my case,I was more of an extrovert when I was much younger but as I grew older,I became an introvert and I like it that way. Nobody comes to my house to visit anyhow and if you must see me,you must call to say you're coming. You can be at my gate and knock all day and I won't answer you if I'm not expecting you. When you're tired,you'd go to your house. I hardly visit people and I love having my space. Moreover,I love being indoors and it hardly bores me. So long as I have internet access 24/7,I'm ok. I'd just spend my time reading stuffs online.

I respect how you feel but you better put the Ambulance services on speed dial in your phone in case you fall sick.I do not know how they operate in Nigeria.i said so because many will not be willing to help at the hour of your need.ie if you are living alone.
Re: 10 Funny Signs You're An Introvert by 2cute(m): 1:01pm On Aug 31, 2013
It's good to be an introvert. Life gets easier that way.
Re: 10 Funny Signs You're An Introvert by BlackHuman(m): 1:03pm On Aug 31, 2013
I suspect that most people you see often on interractive internet forums like nairaland. are introverts. they take succour in platforms like nairaland where they can pour out their minds without being seen physically.

12 Likes

Re: 10 Funny Signs You're An Introvert by vislabraye(m): 1:06pm On Aug 31, 2013
I think its pretty obvioous. Any 1 who's an introvert knows he is except he doesn't know the meaning.
Funny thing is that an introvert can be very good @ certain skills even meeting up with women.
Ladies really don't mind hanging out with an intro. Usually his calmness is seen as coolness and suave.
Re: 10 Funny Signs You're An Introvert by Nobody: 1:06pm On Aug 31, 2013
You just defined me cheesy cheesy cheesy

I can't changed who I am
Re: 10 Funny Signs You're An Introvert by Emmanuel602(m): 1:07pm On Aug 31, 2013
chronique: Well,in my case,I was more of an extrovert when I was much younger but as I grew older,I became an introvert and I like it that way. Nobody comes to my house to visit anyhow and if you must see me,you must call to say you're coming. You can be at my gate and knock all day and I won't answer you if I'm not expecting you. When you're tired,you'd go to your house. I hardly visit people and I love having my space. Moreover,I love being indoors and it hardly bores me. So long as I have internet access 24/7,I'm ok. I'd just spend my time reading stuffs online.
[color=#550000][/color] so ON POINT
Re: 10 Funny Signs You're An Introvert by Nobody: 1:09pm On Aug 31, 2013
I think am a victim here but @op is being an introvert a sin? Cos am one and I love it that way.. undecided
Re: 10 Funny Signs You're An Introvert by exx(m): 1:11pm On Aug 31, 2013
kai...soooo me!!!
Re: 10 Funny Signs You're An Introvert by EejaNla01(m): 1:11pm On Aug 31, 2013
slap1: I'm the friendliest, kindest and happiest guy I've ever met. I can give up my last bucks for a stranger. My only source of sadness now is Arsene Wenger.

Me like this post cool,that man won't kill us cheesy he is a sign of "end time" in football grin

Team introvert#
Re: 10 Funny Signs You're An Introvert by Acecube(m): 1:14pm On Aug 31, 2013
You just described me shocked
Re: 10 Funny Signs You're An Introvert by adaptor4all: 1:15pm On Aug 31, 2013
9ce 1 op
Re: 10 Funny Signs You're An Introvert by 2bey(m): 1:17pm On Aug 31, 2013
Quite true but differs for some.
Re: 10 Funny Signs You're An Introvert by Acecube(m): 1:17pm On Aug 31, 2013
ganase2: In this age and time, being an introvert does not seem to be what anyone easily admits to....readily, everyone is trying to prove they have the requisite social skills of an extrovert.

Between, here are funny but real reasons why you just might be an introvert...do read on!

1. You think before you talk and check before you chat
Sort of the right thing to do huh?...You have a consistently running internal monologue that screens every word before it drops from your mouth. Not a fast speaker there...You screen your chats too severally, before you send them...lol.

2. You go to parties -– but not to meet people.
Nooo...you may not necessarily be hanging out alone...but meeting new people is rarely the goal of attending a party. You simply get in your safe harbour- looking out for your friends and hanging out with them.

3. Great speaker, fearful mingler
You may not be shy...infact, you can give a great speech in front of 500 people but mingling with them one-on-one afterwards is a huge problem.

4. You hate idle chatter
You can be in a room with room mates with them discussing on a topic without necessarily making a contribution...you hate small talk not because you hate people but because they seem meaningless to you.

5. You are self conscious
Since you are not doing most of the talking, you are doing most of the observing and hence, assume that everyone is observing you in the same way...judging the way you speak, your accent etc....whereas, they might not necessarily be doing so,

6. You like extreme sitting positions
When you have to sit at a bench, you don't sit in the middle because you don't like being surrounded by people on all sides. In church, you prefer the extreme rows of seats to the middle ones.

7. You dread audience participation
You prefer a talk or a lecture to a discussion or interaction. If you must be involved in the latter, you must have been informed earlier so that you can "compose yourself".

8. You've been accused severally of not keeping in touch
The funny part is that you cannot fathom why someone who called you three days back would call you and say something like; "You have forgotten me abi..."and you're like, "Are we supposed to be talking everyday"?....you also do not like midnight, except its utterly the last resort. For you, it's too much time to waste on "nonsense talk".
You screen all your calls and you may not pick up your phone even from people you like only to call them back as soon as you’re mentally prepared and have gathered the energy for the conversation.

9. You're a Writer
...a good one at that. Or sometimes, a poet. You prefer to put your ideas in writing than to speak them because the former gives you the opportunity to perfectly choose your words and structure your thoughts.

10. Friends made you and not the other way round
Check out the list of your closest and distant friends and you'd realize that they made more efforts at being your friend than you did at the initial stage before you settled into the friendship.

If you can boast of some of these qualities, then check again...against your initial judgement, you just might be an introvert!

twitter @tutubranch
ten things i think people should know about me. Spot on wink
Re: 10 Funny Signs You're An Introvert by dokunbam(m): 1:17pm On Aug 31, 2013
the op or the writer is one
shikena
Re: 10 Funny Signs You're An Introvert by crackhouse(m): 1:18pm On Aug 31, 2013
OP, since u know all these, it shows u are an introvert too.
Re: 10 Funny Signs You're An Introvert by adaptor4all: 1:19pm On Aug 31, 2013
9ce 1 op..bt first u should have given a definition of an Introvert b4 going to d features cos all I read seem like d features of an ambitious/quality person...afterall,who enjoys making mistakes or wants 2 meet challenges unprepared?? Or are there no unsuccessful introverts??
From ur description,I think it's safe to say that an introvert is one who is always careful n always ends in safety..pls enlighten us
Re: 10 Funny Signs You're An Introvert by Hopez456(m): 1:19pm On Aug 31, 2013
I totally agree with the poster, S/he just described me. I like being alone, I dnt want pple around me un invited. I make sure I get to class early so dat I can sit at the extreme.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

My Boyfriend Is So Annoying!!! / When A Lady Gives You A Fake 'Green Light' / What Is The Minimum You Should Earn In A Month To Consider Marriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.