Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,748 members, 7,831,385 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 06:02 PM

Welcome To E - Grace Convention 2013 (Day 3) - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Welcome To E - Grace Convention 2013 (Day 3) (17205 Views)

114 Babies Delivered As RCCG Convention Ends (Photo) / E-Grace Convention 20-14 / Einstein Personal Letter To E. Gutkind - "Religion Is..childish Superstition" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Welcome To E - Grace Convention 2013 (Day 3) by Enigma(m): 5:42pm On Aug 29, 2013
As we move towards closing on the first paper and moving on to the next, let me post the notes that are added in the Word document version as something people can think about especially in light of certain types of objections that we often get from non-believers.

1. Freewill ‘parable’/analogy

Father gives pocket money to son; father tells son you can spend the money on anything but you must not buy sweets from the money. Father knows that the child will most certainly buy sweets. That knowledge does not prevent the father from giving the child pocket money. Moreover, father knows that child is going to develop dental problems from buying and eating sweets. Father makes prior arrangements including payment to a dentist. When the child develops dental problems, father says, go to Mr Dentist and have it fixed. I have already even paid the price. NB. It is still up to the child to go to the dentist ---- or to suffer the pain of the dental problem and the consequence of his disobedience in buying sweets!

2. Why Create? Is Creation really an act of love?

Why do you/people have or want children? Self-expression? Someone or something to love?
Why exercise any form of creativity? Art, music, literature, invention etc?
Re: Welcome To E - Grace Convention 2013 (Day 3) by Nobody: 5:46pm On Aug 29, 2013
Thanks Apostle Enigma,sorry to attend the convention late.But i am happy i did,i missed nothing.

There is one scripture you quoted which my sister re echoed yesterday and it is :

Hebrews 4
16 Let us then approach God’s throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need

That is to say even God's throne is made of grace and to come to Him, we should come with full assurance that he will give us grace and mercy to help us in our lives challenges.God is indeed deep.
Re: Welcome To E - Grace Convention 2013 (Day 3) by EzePromoe: 5:50pm On Aug 29, 2013
How I wish I had the time to read all these. I see what promises to be the inspiration of the soul and mind in these piece.
Amara nke Onyenw'anyi Jisos Kraist nonyere unu cheesy
Re: Welcome To E - Grace Convention 2013 (Day 3) by Tgirl4real(f): 6:01pm On Aug 29, 2013
Uyi Iredia: I'm outta juice. I waited for the next and only one paper has been presented so far. Goshe, what happened to the other presenters.
l

We are sorry. Our first teacher couldn't come up at the stipulated time due to some unforseen circumstances.

However, he will be available to present his teaching by 7pm. pls bear with us.

For now, you all can continue with Enigma.
Re: Welcome To E - Grace Convention 2013 (Day 3) by Ajibam: 6:05pm On Aug 29, 2013
Tgirl4real: l

We are sorry. Our first teacher couldn't come up at the stipulated time due to some unforseen circumstances.

NOTED!!!
Re: Welcome To E - Grace Convention 2013 (Day 3) by PastorKun(m): 6:09pm On Aug 29, 2013
Tgirl4real: l

But enigma was slated as the first preacher na He just started a little behind schedule.
Re: Welcome To E - Grace Convention 2013 (Day 3) by Nobody: 6:13pm On Aug 29, 2013
You see, in the first place, a Christian is promised the gift of empowerment; the Holy Spirit will dwell in him, remind him and empower him to abstain from sin. The Christian himself is required to listen to the Holy Spirit, to be attentive and receptive, not to grieve the Spirit ---- to be continually filled with the Spirit.

Enigma,could you kindly explain how a christian can be continually filled with the spirit.Thanks.
Re: Welcome To E - Grace Convention 2013 (Day 3) by PastorKun(m): 6:17pm On Aug 29, 2013
Bidam: Thanks Apostle Enigma,sorry to attend the convention late.But i am happy i did,i missed nothing.

There is one scripture you quoted which my sister re echoed yesterday and it is :

Hebrews 4
16 Let us then approach God’s throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need

That is to say even God's throne is made of grace and to come to Him, we should come with full assurance that he will give us grace and mercy to help us in our lives challenges.God is indeed deep.

With reference to the 'missed nothing' statement, these type of utterances are not necessary and is indeed in very poor taste. Even if you refused to benefit from it, it was a well written and essentially bible based presentation. A lot of hard work went into it so if you can't appreciate it, you can at least keep your negative comments to yourself.
Re: Welcome To E - Grace Convention 2013 (Day 3) by RedReact: 6:24pm On Aug 29, 2013
^^^
He didn't say anything wrong, rather he wrote or stated what you thought he didn't.
Re: Welcome To E - Grace Convention 2013 (Day 3) by Tgirl4real(f): 6:24pm On Aug 29, 2013
Enigma,

Thanks very much for coming in at a short notice.

The second session has been officially declared open.

@ Pastor Kuns, Shdemidemi was to go first.

Let someone pray for us, and let the beautiful sisters with angelic voices bless us with hyms and choruses while we await bro. Shedemidemi.

smiley smiley smiley
Re: Welcome To E - Grace Convention 2013 (Day 3) by Tgirl4real(f): 6:26pm On Aug 29, 2013
Pastor Kun:

With reference to the 'missed nothing' statement, these type of utterances are not necessary and is indeed in very poor taste. Even if you refused to benefit from it, it was a well written and essentially bible based presentation. A lot of hard work went into it so if you can't appreciate it, you can at least keep your negative comments to yourself.

I'm sure he didn't mean that way.

1 Like

Re: Welcome To E - Grace Convention 2013 (Day 3) by Itsfacts: 6:29pm On Aug 29, 2013
I want to put my tithe! Where is the envelope?
Re: Welcome To E - Grace Convention 2013 (Day 3) by Enigma(m): 6:29pm On Aug 29, 2013
Just quickly before the second session starts

@ Pastor Kun and Bidam

I understood Bidam to actually be paying a compliment to the Convention --- not the other way.

@Bidam

DV We will look into the issue you raise in your question another day.
Re: Welcome To E - Grace Convention 2013 (Day 3) by Candour(m): 6:46pm On Aug 29, 2013
Pastor Kun:

Hi Kun, Bidam's post actually means what he said and that is he benefited everything enigma was passing across.he sure meant no harm

Let us pls allow the program to flow how the organisers want.

Thanks a lot
Re: Welcome To E - Grace Convention 2013 (Day 3) by alexleo(m): 6:46pm On Aug 29, 2013
Pastor Kun:

I don't see any negative views in his comments. I think what he means by that statement is that though he came late, he has gone through the papers so he actually missed nothing. He even quoted a portion of Enigma's presentation, which shows he went through it. Also his contribution to the portion he quoted is not in conflict with what Enigma said rather it just complemented it. Pls let's keep an open mind bro. I believe we all are enjoying this whole e-conference concept so far. God bless you.
Re: Welcome To E - Grace Convention 2013 (Day 3) by Ajibam: 6:52pm On Aug 29, 2013
Father
We bless your holy name for another chance To gather at your feet tonight to learn
The grace for this words to disperse our mind and discern our thought,piercing Through the asunder of our soul,give it to us in jesus name
Let this word produce folds when sowed and let it Fall on a Fertile land..
Bless our speaker and the reader..
In one accord we pray in Jesus name

1 Like

Re: Welcome To E - Grace Convention 2013 (Day 3) by Nobody: 6:58pm On Aug 29, 2013
I'm here
Re: Welcome To E - Grace Convention 2013 (Day 3) by Jbravo58(m): 7:23pm On Aug 29, 2013
i'm really happy and blessed by this E-CONFERENCE. i pray dat may God bless u all
Re: Welcome To E - Grace Convention 2013 (Day 3) by Tgirl4real(f): 7:23pm On Aug 29, 2013
Enigma: Just quickly before the second session starts

@ Pastor Kun and Bidam

I understood Bidam to actually be paying a compliment to the Convention --- not the other way.

@Bidam

Further questions can be entertained while we await Shdemidemi.
Re: Welcome To E - Grace Convention 2013 (Day 3) by Nobody: 7:31pm On Aug 29, 2013
Was really touched by d first sermon and pls lets try to look @ our live with d help of d holy spirit to help us reveal those place we're getting it all wrong. Those examples given concerning d "good" its simple but highly sensitive. May God help us all
Re: Welcome To E - Grace Convention 2013 (Day 3) by soreola(f): 7:45pm On Aug 29, 2013
God bless you all ... Pray His grace will continue to be sufficient for us all in Jesus name, Amen!
Re: Welcome To E - Grace Convention 2013 (Day 3) by DrummaBoy(m): 7:46pm On Aug 29, 2013
@All

Again, our sincere apologies.

Shdemidemi sent in a private message saying he was held down by some unforseen circumstances. He promised to be here by 7pm. We trust God that he will be here anytime from now. We have two papers for tomorrow Pastor Kun (12 noon) and Ayokun777 (6pm). Shdemidemi should present his paper before that time.

Thank you for forbearing with us and we also must thank our very able teacher, Enigma, that has kept the house occupied by his well placed paper. I have no regrets that his paper came first: it sure was the working of God as it has set the tone for the whole convention.

Thank you everyone.
Re: Welcome To E - Grace Convention 2013 (Day 3) by Nobody: 7:55pm On Aug 29, 2013
@Enigma

Big bro, the Lord bless you indeed for your paper. May He keep the door of utterance ever open to you and strengthen your hands to every battle and your feet to every race. May He fill you with every good thing and keep you in times of trouble. When the days come that it feels like He is not there, may your heart be held. As you have blessed, may you be blessed. As you have given, may it be multiplied back to you. Where you have watered may you never be dry! May the Grace if our Lord Jesus hold you, may the Love of God the Father keep you, may the Fellowship of the Holy Spirit succour you now and forever. Amen.

Enigma: ... When a Christian "truly" realises that his righteousness is simply the"righteousness of Christ", a righteousness which cannot fail since, essentially, it is "the righteousness of God" ---- oh what peace! It is not for nothing that we are told of "the peace of God which passes all understanding"!...

I particularly love this part. This is where the strength of our Faith lies. It is where we must find ourselves again. The Grace given to us is indeed great. When we have been secured here, we can go forward to learn the Lord and grow up into Him in all things indeed!. Thank you, big bro.

1 Like

Re: Welcome To E - Grace Convention 2013 (Day 3) by Nobody: 7:56pm On Aug 29, 2013
@Enigma

Big bro, the Lord bless you indeed for your paper. May He keep the door of utterance ever open to you and strengthen your hands to every battle and your feet to every race. May He fill you with every good thing and keep you in times of trouble. When the days come that it feels like He is not there, may your heart be held. As you have blessed, may you be blessed. As you have given, may it be multiplied back to you. Where you have watered may you never be dry! May the Grace if our Lord Jesus hold you, may the Love of God the Father keep you, may the Fellowship of the Holy Spirit succour you now and forever. Amen.

Enigma: ... When a Christian "truly" realises that his righteousness is simply the"righteousness of Christ", a righteousness which cannot fail since, essentially, it is "the righteousness of God" ---- oh what peace! It is not for nothing that we are told of "the peace of God which passes all understanding"!...

I particularly love this part. This is where the strength of our Faith lies. It is where we must find ourselves again. The Grace given to us is indeed great. When we have been secured here, we can go forward to learn the Lord and grow up into Him in all things indeed!. Thank you, big bro.
Re: Welcome To E - Grace Convention 2013 (Day 3) by DrummaBoy(m): 8:01pm On Aug 29, 2013
Bidam:

Enigma,could you kindly explain how a christian can be continually filled with the spirit.Thanks.

Ayoku777 is supposed to do justice to that subject by 6pm tomorrow. Let's stay tuned for it.
Re: Welcome To E - Grace Convention 2013 (Day 3) by Ajibam: 8:22pm On Aug 29, 2013
@enigma
Am waiting for the teachings in document form...please post it here for download..
Re: Welcome To E - Grace Convention 2013 (Day 3) by DrummaBoy(m): 8:29pm On Aug 29, 2013
This is just a little thought along some lines Enigma shared with us and that concerns the grace of God that offers eternal security to the Christian believer. Following my conversion to Christianity many years ago, I was discipled in a Pentecostal church and doctrines like that are considered anathema there. But I came across a little pamphlet that answered the question "Can a Sheep of Christ be lost?" It taught eternal security and I used the next five years or so to study the subject from Genesis to Revelation before coming to believe that the grace of the cross can extend such a grace to the individual believer.

I have however, seen many other scriptures, like the one Abijam, quoted, that denied the Christian's security but it still didn't change my belief in it because 1. There were ample scriptures that supported it 2. Because it is what only God could do. It was also a doctrine that offered a lot of comfort to believers: it comforts the weak believer and helps him to know that God will aid him; and it humbles the strong believers and makes him to know that there is nothing to glory in save in Jesus' cross.

One other aspect that this doctrine does is that it offers a lot of comfort in suffering. And while I do not wish to detract from frosbel's saturday's paper, I must say that by knowing the grace of God that secures a man's salvation, many have found strength to overcome tribulations, illnesses, wants, persecutions and all sort of sufferings.

Another aspect of this doctrine is the severity of God: Paul talks about some believers who sleep in 1 Cor 11. Why? Because they refuse to discern Christ body and God places them in a bed of illness and they die. God disciplines his own; the very ones he has secured. His disciplining them is an act of his mercy. When I was not a believer, I followed the rap religion. Two prophets were my pastors in those days: Tupac and Notorious BIG. Sometimes i think it is the mercy of God that took those boyz away at the time they died, bc if not, I would never have considered Jesus. About a year ago I watched the movie made on BIG's life and I discovered he came from a Christian home: his mother was a sound believer. A few months ago, the report on the autopsy on his body was released. It was said that the bullet that killed him, came in through his back sides destroying all his vital organs, liver, kidney,etc. The report that I read off nairaland (https://www.nairaland.com/1126799/late-notorious-b.i.g-autopsy-released)said "At the time of his death, he had no drugs or alcohol in his system. Wallace was 6 feet, 2 inches tall, weighed 395 pounds and had a tattoo on his right forearm that read: “The Lord is My Light and my Salvation …”.

I have heard people say things like when we get to heaven, we would be surprised at those we will see there. While the mighty may be missing, sinners will flock the place. That I think is the meaning of grace. God's ability not only to save but to keep safe. Lke in the case of Christopher Wallace, BIG, many believers stray from God and come under his discipline. They are saved but as through fire. Could it be that as Notorious as BIG was, we shall be seeing him when we get to heaven? Abi... what will lead a hardened rapper to have just a single tattoo on his body that reads the Lord is my light and my salvation if God was not his light and salvation?

That is the grace that I trust to save me at the end; of course, not bc I plan to stray like BIG did.

1 Like

Re: Welcome To E - Grace Convention 2013 (Day 3) by Nobody: 8:48pm On Aug 29, 2013
RedReact: ^^^
He didn't say anything wrong, rather he wrote or stated what you thought he didn't.
God bless you for your timely response.
Re: Welcome To E - Grace Convention 2013 (Day 3) by Nobody: 8:53pm On Aug 29, 2013
Enigma: Just quickly before the second session starts

@ Pastor Kun and Bidam

@Bidam

Ok, thanks.may be kun is not happy to see me here.You see grace at work cheesy
Re: Welcome To E - Grace Convention 2013 (Day 3) by soapdish(f): 8:59pm On Aug 29, 2013
Iv been blessed by this presentation.

More grace to us all.
Re: Welcome To E - Grace Convention 2013 (Day 3) by ATMC(f): 9:02pm On Aug 29, 2013
@pastorkun apologise to bidam...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

Ramadan: Election Riggers, Kidnappers, Yahoo Boys Fasting In Vain, Say Clerics / Why You Should Not Pay Attention To The People That Say "Do Not Judge". / Biblical Christian Quotes and Lessons by FaithfulServant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.