Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,842 members, 7,813,840 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:40 PM

Welcome To E - Grace Convention 2013 (Day 3) - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Welcome To E - Grace Convention 2013 (Day 3) (17170 Views)

114 Babies Delivered As RCCG Convention Ends (Photo) / E-Grace Convention 20-14 / Einstein Personal Letter To E. Gutkind - "Religion Is..childish Superstition" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Welcome To E - Grace Convention 2013 (Day 3) by debosky(m): 1:13pm On Aug 29, 2013
Uyi Iredia: Prayer I can understand. I'm not sure I'll feel online praise worship. Hymns aren't bad. Now who's saying prayers first. And why isn't the thread on FP.

Hymns are after opening prayer. cool
Re: Welcome To E - Grace Convention 2013 (Day 3) by Tgirl4real(f): 1:18pm On Aug 29, 2013
Ajibam, pls take the opening prayer, our teacher is about to step on tje podium.
Re: Welcome To E - Grace Convention 2013 (Day 3) by Ajibam: 1:30pm On Aug 29, 2013
OPENING PRAYER

Loving heavenly Father we come to you this hour
asking for your blessing and help as we are gathered
together. We pray for guidance in the matters at
hand and ask that you would clearly show us how to
conduct this convention with a spirit of joy and enthusiasm.
Give us the desire to find ways to excel in this convention.
Help us to work together and encourage each other
to excellence. We ask that we would challenge each
other to reach higher and farther to be the best we
can be.
Guide our hearts and our minds in the
spirit of fairness, right thought and
speech. Impart your supreme
wisdom upon our activities so that
our affairs may reach a successful
conclusion. Thank you for being our
source of guidance today.

We ask this in the name of the Lord Jesus
Christ.

6 Likes

Re: Welcome To E - Grace Convention 2013 (Day 3) by Nobody: 1:32pm On Aug 29, 2013
Enigma: May the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, the love of God and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with us all the way. smiley

Amen
Re: Welcome To E - Grace Convention 2013 (Day 3) by Nobody: 1:37pm On Aug 29, 2013
Amen
Re: Welcome To E - Grace Convention 2013 (Day 3) by DrummaBoy(m): 1:40pm On Aug 29, 2013
@All

On behalf of the organizers, I want to tender our unreserved apology for being behind schedule in delivering the first paper. The paper was billed for 12.00 noon but there are some hitches. It is being worked on. We crave your indulgence, as the teacher shall soon be serving it out hot!

Thank you.
Re: Welcome To E - Grace Convention 2013 (Day 3) by UjSizzle(f): 1:42pm On Aug 29, 2013
Ajibam: OPENING PRAYER

can be.

Christ.

Amen!!

*eagerly following*
Re: Welcome To E - Grace Convention 2013 (Day 3) by UyiIredia(m): 1:43pm On Aug 29, 2013
Ajibam: OPENING PRAYER

can be.

Christ.

Amen.
Re: Welcome To E - Grace Convention 2013 (Day 3) by DrummaBoy(m): 1:43pm On Aug 29, 2013
The Teachers, Time and Topics of Paper Presentations

1. Enigma will be presenting a paper on The Grace of God Revealed to Sinners. Here the teacher shall be presenting an evangelistic paper focused on showing how God has extended his grace to sinful humanity and would want all men to be saved. With a peculiar message to Muslims, atheist, Satanist, traditional worshippers, agnostics and every kind of religious persuasion represented on nairaland religion section.

Time: Thursday 29th, 12.00noon

https://www.nairaland.com/1416947/welcome-e-grace-convention-2013/3#17755600

2. Shdemidemi will be presenting a paper on The Gospel of Grace from Genesis to Revelation. This paper shall be presenting a veritable introduction to the convention. The subject of dispensation shall be discussed, as the teacher endeavors to show us that grace is not a new concept but the very basis of God’s relationship with man from the very beginning of time.

https://www.nairaland.com/1416947/welcome-e-grace-convention-2013/8#17785197 unfinished

3. Pastor Kun will be presenting a paper on Christ and Him Crucified. The teacher shall be teaching the meat of Paul’s message to the Galatians. He shall show us the full implication of Jesus’ death on the cross.

Time: Friday 30th, 12.00pm

https://www.nairaland.com/1416947/welcome-e-grace-convention-2013/7#17775897

4. Ayoku777 will be presenting a paper on Grace in the Manifestation of the Power of the Spirit. Here the teacher shall be showing that God is ready to empower the Christian believer with his grace and power to be a witness for him. We shall see the place of genuine signs and wonder, and the way the Christian can live a life in the fullness of the power of the Holy Spirit. Yet to present

5. Christembassey will be presenting a paper on The Implication of Grace in the Believer’s Life. The teacher, here, shall be showing us what God’s grace has come to do in our lives as Christians and how we can maximize it. This teacher shall be distinguishing between law and grace and why we must not mix it up.

https://www.nairaland.com/1416947/welcome-e-grace-convention-2013/11#17806357 Part one

https://www.nairaland.com/1416947/welcome-e-grace-convention-2013/12#17828156 Part two

6. Frosbel will be presenting a paper on Grace in Suffering. The teachings and lives of Jesus and his apostle showed an abundance of grace and suffering. We shall be learning from this paper that God’s grace is made abundant in the suffering that marks genuine Christian witness.

Time: Saturday 31st, 12.00noon

https://www.nairaland.com/1416947/welcome-e-grace-convention-2013/9#17797994 [color=#006600]

7. Candour will be presenting a paper on Grace is not License. Here the teacher shall endeavor to show that abundance of grace in the believer’s life is not liberty to sin. We shall see the place of duty in the Christian life and how this is different from the laws of Moses.

Time: Saturday 31st, 6.00pm

https://www.nairaland.com/1416947/welcome-e-grace-convention-2013/11#17803555
Re: Welcome To E - Grace Convention 2013 (Day 3) by Ajibam: 1:44pm On Aug 29, 2013
DrummaBoy: @All

On behalf of the organizers, I want to tender our unreserved apology for being behind schedule in delivering the first paper. The paper was billed for 12.00 noon but there are some hitches. It is being worked on. We crave your indulgence, as the teacher shall soon be serving it out hot!

Thank you.

GBAM

GHEN GHEN
Re: Welcome To E - Grace Convention 2013 (Day 3) by DrummaBoy(m): 1:45pm On Aug 29, 2013
RULES AND REGULATIONS FOR THE CONVENTION THREAD

1. Comments are welcome to the thread but we would encourage that they should be in keeping with the theme of the convention.
2. Comments, making reference to past discusses on other threads, are not encouraged
3. Questions are welcomed and should be directed at a presenter personally.
4. No use of abusive words or derogatory terms on the thread.
5. No personal attacks are allowed to the person of the teachers or organizers.
6. The planners are empowered to recommend comments that can be hidden to the moderator so as not to derail the thread.
7. The religion forum moderator shall be engaged to ensure rules of both thread and forum are adhered to.
Re: Welcome To E - Grace Convention 2013 (Day 3) by ATMC(f): 1:46pm On Aug 29, 2013
we are yet to start?
Re: Welcome To E - Grace Convention 2013 (Day 3) by ATMC(f): 1:48pm On Aug 29, 2013
my mum is interested in grace is not a licence...d last lecture
Re: Welcome To E - Grace Convention 2013 (Day 3) by UyiIredia(m): 1:49pm On Aug 29, 2013
ATMC: we are yet to start?

We can talk a bit about it before the presenters come. What do you think grace is ?
Re: Welcome To E - Grace Convention 2013 (Day 3) by UyiIredia(m): 1:50pm On Aug 29, 2013
ATMC: we are yet to start?

We can talk a bit about it before the presenters come. What do you think grace is ? I think it is a gift from the Holy Spirit imparted to and accepted to believers so they live lives acceptable to God naturally.
Re: Welcome To E - Grace Convention 2013 (Day 3) by ATMC(f): 1:51pm On Aug 29, 2013
Uyi Iredia:

We can talk a bit about it before the presenters come. What do you think grace is ?
grace is jesus christ

1 Like

Re: Welcome To E - Grace Convention 2013 (Day 3) by UyiIredia(m): 1:51pm On Aug 29, 2013
ATMC: my mum is interested in grace is not a licence...d last lecture

Your mum Really !
Re: Welcome To E - Grace Convention 2013 (Day 3) by ATMC(f): 1:53pm On Aug 29, 2013
Uyi Iredia:

We can talk a bit about it before the presenters come. What do you think grace is ? I think it is a gift from the Holy Spirit imparted to and accepted to believers so they live lives acceptable to God naturally.
really? i think its really deep so d main rezn i graced this grace comvention
Re: Welcome To E - Grace Convention 2013 (Day 3) by Ajibam: 1:53pm On Aug 29, 2013
ATMC: grace is jesus christ

GBAM grin
Re: Welcome To E - Grace Convention 2013 (Day 3) by Enigma(m): 1:53pm On Aug 29, 2013
In the meantime as we wait, Something both light and deep! smiley

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5KMWd8nEQ2s
Re: Welcome To E - Grace Convention 2013 (Day 3) by UyiIredia(m): 1:53pm On Aug 29, 2013
ATMC: grace is jesus christ

What part of Scripture supports this view ?
Re: Welcome To E - Grace Convention 2013 (Day 3) by ATMC(f): 1:55pm On Aug 29, 2013
Uyi Iredia:

Your mum Really !
yes i showed her d thread na bf leaving this morn
Re: Welcome To E - Grace Convention 2013 (Day 3) by ATMC(f): 1:56pm On Aug 29, 2013
Uyi Iredia:

What part of Scripture supports this view ?
commutative law na...
Re: Welcome To E - Grace Convention 2013 (Day 3) by UyiIredia(m): 1:57pm On Aug 29, 2013
ATMC: really? i think its really deep so d main rezn i graced this grace comvention

What isn't deep ? Every aspect of life can be expounded on till thy kingdom come and there'll still be lots more to know. Besides, I think a simple description of my concept of grace (whilst Christian) is what I presented.
Re: Welcome To E - Grace Convention 2013 (Day 3) by Goshen360(m): 1:58pm On Aug 29, 2013
ATMC: yes i showed her d thread na bf leaving this morn

That teaching is for the grand finale...u welcome ma'am.
Re: Welcome To E - Grace Convention 2013 (Day 3) by Ajibam: 2:00pm On Aug 29, 2013
Uyi Iredia:

GRACE IS GOD'S FREE AND UNDESERVED FAVOR
A DIVINE GIFT FROM GOD(eph2vs8)
BEFORE WE RECEIVE THIS GRACE,WE MUST ACCEPT JESUSCHRIST(john1vs14)
IT CANNOT BE EARN BY GOOD WORKS OR KEEPING THE LAW(rom11vs6,rom6vs14)

THE WICKED ALSO ARE ENTITLE WITH GRACE(matt5vs45)
Re: Welcome To E - Grace Convention 2013 (Day 3) by debosky(m): 2:00pm On Aug 29, 2013
Hymns before the message:

All creatures of our God and King
Lift up your voice and with us sing,
Alleluia! Alleluia!
Thou burning sun with golden beam,
Thou silver moon with softer gleam!

Refrain

O praise Him! O praise Him!
Alleluia! Alleluia! Alleluia!

Thou rushing wind that art so strong
Ye clouds that sail in Heaven along,
O praise Him! Alleluia!
Thou rising moon, in praise rejoice,
Ye lights of evening, find a voice!

Refrain

Thou flowing water, pure and clear,
Make music for thy Lord to hear,
O praise Him! Alleluia!
Thou fire so masterful and bright,
That givest man both warmth and light.

Refrain

Dear mother earth, who day by day
Unfoldest blessings on our way,
O praise Him! Alleluia!
The flowers and fruits that in thee grow,
Let them His glory also show.

Refrain

And all ye men of tender heart,
Forgiving others, take your part,
O sing ye! Alleluia!
Ye who long pain and sorrow bear,
Praise God and on Him cast your care!

Refrain

And thou most kind and gentle Death,
Waiting to hush our latest breath,
O praise Him! Alleluia!
Thou leadest home the child of God,
And Christ our Lord the way hath trod.

Refrain

Let all things their Creator bless,
And worship Him in humbleness,
O praise Him! Alleluia!
Praise, praise the Father, praise the Son,
And praise the Spirit, Three in One!

Refrain

1 Like

Re: Welcome To E - Grace Convention 2013 (Day 3) by ATMC(f): 2:01pm On Aug 29, 2013
Goshen360:

That teaching is for the grand finale...u welcome ma'am.
10Q...we're running late sweerie
Re: Welcome To E - Grace Convention 2013 (Day 3) by UjSizzle(f): 2:02pm On Aug 29, 2013
so it's a 12pm and 6pm thing eh, sweet smiley

How long before the first teaching already?
sad
Re: Welcome To E - Grace Convention 2013 (Day 3) by ATMC(f): 2:06pm On Aug 29, 2013
i ve less time n wouldn't want a situatn whr i'll com bk later n this thread is flooded to page 56
Re: Welcome To E - Grace Convention 2013 (Day 3) by Enigma(m): 2:06pm On Aug 29, 2013
@debosky

That is one powerful hymn! Here is a good performance below (though if possible one should check out a performance by York Minster with John Scott Whiteley on the organ --- super!)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0CTcICIS_XQ
Re: Welcome To E - Grace Convention 2013 (Day 3) by UyiIredia(m): 2:07pm On Aug 29, 2013
ATMC: commutative law na...

I'll need precise details. Here's one: 2 Cor 12:9. Rom 8:1-2 is also good though it doesn't specifically mention grace.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

I Am A Great Man, That's Why People Talk About Me - Chris Oyakhilome / Why Is Sexual Sin Devil's Most Powerful Weapon? / Why Is It Unforgivable To Sin Against The Holy Spirit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.