Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,513 members, 7,819,857 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:34 AM

Ahmadu Bello University (ABU) Zaria, (Pictures) - Education (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Ahmadu Bello University (ABU) Zaria, (Pictures) (102917 Views)

Ahmadu Bello University (abu)2015/2016 Acceptance Fee/school Fees Payment Is On / Ahmadu Bello University,zaria Post Utme 2014/2015 Result Is Out!!! / Ahmadu Bello University(abu),zaria Remedial Form 4 2011/2012 On Sale. Call Now (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ahmadu Bello University (ABU) Zaria, (Pictures) by yame014: 6:04pm On Dec 10, 2013
uceee: Hmm....Where is Fynestboi? This is the real Nairaland educational debate!

Punch line: Whether you study in the the lion's den, great ife, the school of 1st choice, the school better by far, the premier university or the school naturally ahead, the name or fame of your school will not save you from hunger or rotting in the naija labour market. If you turn out well, your alma mata will recognise you and brag about you, if not you are on your own.

Better work hard and maximise your time in whichever university you find yourself!!!

Gbam!!! on point!!!

inshort 1967368900 likes
Re: Ahmadu Bello University (ABU) Zaria, (Pictures) by Dabss(m): 6:14pm On Dec 10, 2013
The funny thing is that the students don't have the time to notice/appreciate the beautiful environment.

Everywhere in ABU is fine except the toilets in suleiman hostel cheesy
Re: Ahmadu Bello University (ABU) Zaria, (Pictures) by Jarus(m): 6:23pm On Dec 10, 2013
Dr.'Hesjay:
I laff when i hear o.a.u students sing:'most beautiful campus in africa'...lol
in terms of beauty,that skul is losing mehn....the skul is poo in terms of beauty and neatness.....
My honest take on ABU-OAU debate.

AESTHETICS: I have been to both school. I finished from OAU, have a sister that finished from ABU, but had also been to OAU, and confirmed OAU is more beautiful. I think OAU is better. OAU has more eye-popping structures, ABU structures are mostly ordinary, but I think they do well in terms of maintenance of their environment, lawns etc. If OAU was how it was when I left in 2006, I will say ABU has better maintenace culture. But I was there again last year and saw that they've really improved in that aspect too. I was surprised to see the lawns better maintained, etc. We should also not forget that OAU lays claim to being the most beautiful university in Africa unchallenged(and used to be actually, until recently when it becomes arguable). If it wasn't, this epithet would not have survived for so long. In fact, it was rated the 25th most beautiful estate in the world in 1985 or so. We can not say all these are just hype by OAU alumni. It must have substance for it to have endured so long. I think it is only in this our generation that the comparison begins to surface. Over all, I think OAU beats ABU in terms on beauty.

LAND MASS: I used to think OAU had the biggest land mass, but I have been confronted with convincing evidence to give this to ABU. Although, this cannot be confirmed by just mere visit that I did, but I think wiki entry is sufficient. Wiki says ABu has the largest land mass. Mohammed Haruna, the Nation columnist, also described it as such in his tribute to ABU at 50. Another testimony to the fact that OAU trumps ABU in terms of beauty is, all articles that eulogise ABU with great superlatives, from wiki entry to Mohammed Haruna's tribute to school's official articles, did not mention it as being the most beautiful, but conveniently hammered on it being the largest in sub-saharan Africa. It is only in informal gossips like this that we compare ABU with OAU in terms of beauty. Also, I don't think OAU students dispute ABU having a larger land mass. So, it is indisputable that ABU trumps OAU in land mass.

ALUMNI: I think ABU and UNN have the richest alumni list in Nigeria. But the reason is actually no brainer: While the North and east had respectively ABU and UNN only in the golden generation of scholarship in Nigeria (60's-70's), the West had UI, Unilag and OAU to share its bright minds. So, taken individually, I think ABU has the most intimidating list of alumni in Nigeria, followed by UNN, and then by UI, Unilag and Ife in no order. The first graduate president of Nigeria, Yar'adua, for example, is an ABU alumnus. I don't want to start rolling out others, but I am personally convinced ABU trumped OAU in terms of intimidating alumni

RECENT PRODUCTS: As is evidenced from this thread where products of OAU and ABU are murdering grammar in an embarrassing fashion, it is obvious that both schools, like many other Nigerian schools, are losing it. I am a product of OAU and of course know many very sound products of OAU of my generation, but I know very good guys from ABU too, smart guys.

ACADEMICS: I think down here, we underrate ABU. Forget about Boko Haram, forget about the general perception about the north, ABU has always been and is still in the same class with the UIs, OAUs, UNNs and Unilags of the south. I have studied products of the school and I make bold to say they compete well with us.

Conclusion: I did my first degree in OAU. I am a great fan of OAU and believe OAU brings out your potential more than any other school in Nigeria. If I were to do first degree again, I will still easily choose OAU. I may not be able to argue that OAU is the best school in Nigeria, but if I were to advise younger ones, I will tell them to try OAU, not only because of what they will learn in classes but what they will learn beyond classes on campus campus. But ABU ranks second in terms of my personal respect. They have very quality lecturers. I wont mind taking a second degree in ABU.

9 Likes

Re: Ahmadu Bello University (ABU) Zaria, (Pictures) by davidsimon: 6:29pm On Dec 10, 2013
ABUTH

Re: Ahmadu Bello University (ABU) Zaria, (Pictures) by davidsimon: 6:48pm On Dec 10, 2013
ABUTH 2

Re: Ahmadu Bello University (ABU) Zaria, (Pictures) by benebaby77: 7:21pm On Dec 10, 2013
Promhize:

Don't mind them. Those pictures are mostly likely pictures taken when the universities were newly built.
see d way u killed english here.... U surely emblem of your school. You will still battling with GENS 103 if u are in ABU

1 Like

Re: Ahmadu Bello University (ABU) Zaria, (Pictures) by benebaby77: 7:40pm On Dec 10, 2013
mathematician: in terms of academic standard, ABU is wack, nigeria's top 5 are OAU, UNILAG, UI, FUTO, FUTA.
mathematician you must be wack.... I tremble to think why you put FUTA and FUTO in place of ABU and UNN..... Thats quoted post is as dumb as
Re: Ahmadu Bello University (ABU) Zaria, (Pictures) by Olugbenger(m): 8:03pm On Dec 10, 2013
Jarus:
My honest take on ABU-OAU debate.

AESTHETICS: I have been to both school. I finished from OAU, have a sister that finished from ABU, but had also been to OAU, and confirmed OAU is more beautiful. I think OAU is better. OAU has more eye-popping structures, ABU structures are mostly ordinary, but I think they do well in terms of maintenance of their environment, lawns etc. If OAU was how it was when I left in 2006, I will say ABU has better maintenace culture. But I was there again last year and saw that they've really improved in that aspect too. I was surprised to see the lawns better maintained, etc. We should also not forget that OAU lays claim to being the most beautiful university in Africa unchallenged(and used to be actually, until recently when it becomes arguable). If it wasn't, this epithet would not have survived for so long. In fact, it was rated the 25th most beautiful estate in the world in 1985 or so. We can not say all this are just hype by OAU alumni. It must have substance for it to have endured so long. I think it is only in this our generation that the comparison begins to surface. Over all, I think OAU beats ABU in terms on beauty.

LAND MASS: I used to think OAU had the biggest land mass, but I have been confronted with convincing evidence to give this to ABU. Although, this cannot be confirmed by just mere visit that I did, but I think wiki entry is sufficient. Wiki says ABu has the largest land mass. Mohammed Haruna, the Nation columnist, also described it as such in his tribute to ABU at 50. Another testimony to the fact that OAU trumps ABU in terms of beauty is, all articles that eulogise ABU with great superlatives, from wiki entry to Mohammed Haruna's tribute to school's official articles, did not mention it as being the most beautiful, but conveniently hammered on it being the largest in sub-saharan Africa. It is only in informal gossips like this that we compare ABU with OAU in terms of beauty. Also, I don't think OAU students dispute ABU having a larger land mass. So, it is indisputable that ABU trumps OAU in land mass.

ALUMNI: I think ABU and UNN have the richest alumni list in Nigeria. But the reason is actually no brainer: While the North and east had respectively ABU and UNN only in the golden generation of scholarship in Nigeria (60's-70's), the West had UI, Unilag and OAU to share its bright minds. So, taken individually, I think ABU has the most intimidating list of alumni in Nigeria, followed by UNN, and then by UI, Unilag and Ife in no order. The first graduate president of Nigeria, Yar'adua, for example, is an ABU alumnus. I don't want to start rolling out others, but I am personally convinced ABU trumped OAU in terms of intimidating alumni

RECENT PRODUCTS: As is evidenced from this thread where products of OAU and ABU are murdering grammar in an embarrassing fashion, it is obvious that both schools, like many other Nigerian schools, are losing it. I am a product of OAU and of course know many very sound products of OAU of my generation, but I know very good guys from ABU too, smart guys.

ACADEMICS: I think down here, we underrate ABU. Forget about Boko Haram, forget about the general perception about the north, ABU has always been and is still in the same class with the UIs, OAUs, UNNs and Unilags of the south. I have studied products of the school and I make bold to say they compete well with us.

Conclusion: I did my first degree in OAU. I am a great fan of OAU and believe OAU brings out your potential more than any other school in Nigeria. If I were to do first degree again, I will still easily choose OAU. I may not be able to argue that OAU is the best school in Nigeria, but if I were to advise younger ones, I will tell them to try OAU, not only because of what they will learn in classes but what they will learn beyond classes on campus campus. But ABU ranks second in terms of my personal respect. They have very quality lecturers. I wont mind taking a second degree in ABU.

Oga jarus, just tell these ABU folks here to stop using OAU as their reference frame. The thread was derailed for this same reason.

I had to stop replying, but you too are bringing the frontlines again.

1 Like

Re: Ahmadu Bello University (ABU) Zaria, (Pictures) by Olugbenger(m): 8:06pm On Dec 10, 2013
benebaby77:
see d way u killed english here.... U surely emblem of your school. You will still battling with GENS 103 if u are in ABU

Are you for real?

Do you think this post you just made is void of errors?

undecided

You are one of ABU's product, right?

grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Ahmadu Bello University (ABU) Zaria, (Pictures) by Sodiq33(m): 8:08pm On Dec 10, 2013
And how more OBJECTIVE can he be?Thumbs up JARUS
Re: Ahmadu Bello University (ABU) Zaria, (Pictures) by kishimi8(m): 8:14pm On Dec 10, 2013
We need a thread for alumni., .. At least lets have our place on nairaland
Re: Ahmadu Bello University (ABU) Zaria, (Pictures) by kishimi8(m): 8:15pm On Dec 10, 2013
Da_b¤§§.:
The funny thing is that the students don't have the time to notice/appreciate the beautiful environment.

.. That was before the renovation o ,, now its super clean with modern bath stalls

1 Like

Re: Ahmadu Bello University (ABU) Zaria, (Pictures) by echibuogwu(m): 8:17pm On Dec 10, 2013
Da_b¤§§.:

lol hear name of hostel "suleiman hostel"mtcheew na y most of dere studnt dey carry cattle up nd dwn after graduatin fron skul...stupid school(A.B.U)
Re: Ahmadu Bello University (ABU) Zaria, (Pictures) by idris4r83(m): 8:22pm On Dec 10, 2013
Abusites where is this?

Re: Ahmadu Bello University (ABU) Zaria, (Pictures) by idris4r83(m): 8:28pm On Dec 10, 2013
Here nko?

Re: Ahmadu Bello University (ABU) Zaria, (Pictures) by novaman: 8:29pm On Dec 10, 2013
the place looks like Cambrigde

1 Like

Re: Ahmadu Bello University (ABU) Zaria, (Pictures) by tunex23: 8:33pm On Dec 10, 2013
@echibuogwu:
lol hear name of hostel "suleiman hostel"mtcheew na y most of dere studnt dey carry cattle up nd dwn after graduatin fron skul...stupid school(A.B.U)
you are a big fool....your former president na cattle rearer abi? He pain me say you get opportunity dey type here.
Re: Ahmadu Bello University (ABU) Zaria, (Pictures) by mmimahbub(m): 8:34pm On Dec 10, 2013
Proudly an ABUsite!!!
Click like

1 Like

Re: Ahmadu Bello University (ABU) Zaria, (Pictures) by idris4r83(m): 8:41pm On Dec 10, 2013
ASUU strike has made d ever busy basketball court dry.

Re: Ahmadu Bello University (ABU) Zaria, (Pictures) by plentykola(m): 8:58pm On Dec 10, 2013
I rep ABU

4 Likes

Re: Ahmadu Bello University (ABU) Zaria, (Pictures) by Olugbenger(m): 9:05pm On Dec 10, 2013
asala1:
Just mention one. I know Prof. A. Nok of Biochemistry A.B.U. Zaria.

I know you folks just won't shut up.
L.O. Kehinde from my department actually.
Professor of Electronic & Electrical Engineering

http://scholar.oauife.edu.ng/lkehinde/

Professor Olu Odeyemi, OFR

http://www.enpostng.com/People-Profile.php

cool
I could go on.

I told you, ABU is not close at all. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Ahmadu Bello University (ABU) Zaria, (Pictures) by lilmagambo(f): 9:10pm On Dec 10, 2013
:DGreatest abusite I like ma school die
Re: Ahmadu Bello University (ABU) Zaria, (Pictures) by ashhascash: 9:13pm On Dec 10, 2013
iRep Articulate Ife.
College of Health Science.
Re: Ahmadu Bello University (ABU) Zaria, (Pictures) by Eseose9(f): 9:18pm On Dec 10, 2013
MissIndependent: Honestly if i were you, i will just log out and start viewing as a guest or stop replyiing posts. You are just displaying your ignorance on a public forum of over 1 million members smh. undecided How can you say there is nothing in U.I? Like seriously I doubt if you've ever travelled outside North like you claimed. Wawa kawai
lol don't mind her,
her level of ignorance is alarming! i dey even help her dey shame.
Re: Ahmadu Bello University (ABU) Zaria, (Pictures) by Olugbenger(m): 9:22pm On Dec 10, 2013
asala1:
Please tell me one single research work that has been patented by any Prof. presently in O.A.U, before I start taking Nigerian education serious.

Oga, pls visit my links.

Feed your eyes. You would get tired of patents soon. grin grin

Start thinking of your next criterion.

1 Like

Re: Ahmadu Bello University (ABU) Zaria, (Pictures) by Tolexander: 9:23pm On Dec 10, 2013
Olugbenger:

I know you folks just won't shut up.
L.O. Kehinde from my department actually.
Professor of Electronic & Electrical Engineering

http://scholar.oauife.edu.ng/lkehinde/

Professor Olu Odeyemi, OFR

http://www.enpostng.com/People-Profile.php

cool
I could go on.

I told you, ABU is not close at all. cheesy
gbenga, he don do!
No kill people for here!
Re: Ahmadu Bello University (ABU) Zaria, (Pictures) by idris4r83(m): 9:23pm On Dec 10, 2013
Inside ABU library

Re: Ahmadu Bello University (ABU) Zaria, (Pictures) by Olugbenger(m): 9:25pm On Dec 10, 2013
Eseose9: lol don't mind her,
her level of ignorance is alarming! i dey even help her dey shame.

She is ABU's product and her colleagues here didn't even bother to restrain her.

grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Ahmadu Bello University (ABU) Zaria, (Pictures) by Olugbenger(m): 9:28pm On Dec 10, 2013
Tolexander: gbenga, he don do!
No kill people for here!

Oga mi, these guys are just quite stubborn and unrepentant. They had to degrade OAU just to drive silly facts and score cheaps points.

It's fun doing this.
wink

1 Like

Re: Ahmadu Bello University (ABU) Zaria, (Pictures) by Damilola07(f): 9:29pm On Dec 10, 2013
Proudly an Abusite! wink

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

How Can I Do A Master's With A 3rd Class ? / Apply For 2023/2024 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme / Yabatech ND/HND Part Time Form For 2021/2022 Academic session

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.