Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,788 members, 7,810,051 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:35 PM

The Family Section Fun Room!! - Family (115) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / The Family Section Fun Room!! (738003 Views)

Fraudulent Threads In The Family Section Of NL!!! We Don Casssssh Dem!!!!! / Are You A Happily Married Man? Family Section Needs You / Happy Birthday To Family Section's World Famous Leapling (CHAIRCOVER) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (112) (113) (114) (115) (116) (117) (118) ... (504) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by RoyalRoy(m): 7:09am On Nov 21, 2013
pickabeau1:

Woy baba.....omo naija olowo...won lo fun eeee...

Lmaoo at Woy

Reminds me of my little nephew who calls me Uncle Woy

Their own still better. Friends for UK go dey fight say "come stay our side when you come o" and its not for anything but for the fact they know you will bring some change along when coming.
If you don't know much you will think your boys are showing you love.....not knowing na survival skills.

Can't blame them though...the economic conditions out there is not as rosy as most people think.
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by pickabeau1: 8:24am On Nov 21, 2013
True sir....

It is well...

@dami
Yum.. wats the deal on this turkey stuff

Please send me e turkey

Royal Roy:

Lmaoo at Woy

Reminds me of my little nephew who calls me Uncle Woy

Their own still better. Friends for UK go dey fight say "come stay our side when you come o" and its not for anything but for the fact they know you will bring some change along when coming.
If you don't know much you will think your boys are showing you love.....not knowing na survival skills.

Can't blame them though...the economic conditions out there is not as rosy as most people think.
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by Nobody: 8:40am On Nov 21, 2013
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by EfemenaXY: 9:01am On Nov 21, 2013
chaircover: LOL yesterday my oyibo work colleague insisted on giving me back the 10p that she owed me. I said No like a hundred times and just gave up . . .10P!

My naija peeps when we go to the canteen for lunch whoever gets to the till first pays. No big deal.

Its their culture. If another parent is taking his kid somewhere and offers to take my kid (same journey o!) I will still offer/give petrol money. I am used to them now. When I am invited for dinner, I take a bottle of wine with me.

The latest fad Naija people are doing here now is to say "no children" at weddings and events like the oyibos do. For those, I just sit in my house jeje. . . I cant be looking for babysitter to look after my kids because I want to eat over oiled jollof rice, hard meat & 1000 degree hot pepper soup on one paper clothed shaky table angry

Lol!

Or kids birthday invites that invite just that one kid of yours and not the entire siblings + family members.

Took quite a bit of getting used to, but I understand where they come from jare. A couple of years ago, I hosted my sons birthday parties at our local fusion health / sporting centre. I went for the fullworks - 45 mins worth of soft play, 45 mins party time (with food pre-paid and specially made at their canteens), and 1 hour's worth of swimming at the hydro-therapy pool.

To say I was very meticulous with the arrangements nor be small thing. 2-3 weeks prior to each party, I sent out the range of party food on offer along with their invites asking them to select their choice of meal: Chicken and chips / Fish fingers and chips / sausage and chips / pizza or the vegetarian option. Same thing with the drinks - fizzy, orange juice, apple juice or milk. Deadline to return choice + include your contact telephone number (I nor wan do nanny service for 'late' parents) cool cool

Sibling's weren't allowed as we had a strict number to cater for as per due to Health and Safety, no more than X number of children were allowed at any one time into the soft play area / party area for meals and of course, into the pool. Kids had to be 7 and above to enter the water unsupervised grin grin

The well meaning Naija parents that came along wanting to help were like: "Ah! This is so well organised, there's nothing left for us to do!" grin grin

Oh, and on the invites a specific time was given: 4pm - 7pm. Bring your swim costumes along! tongue tongue
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by Nobody: 9:16am On Nov 21, 2013
CC, c finishing!
Baddest mouth. U suppose dey act alongside Patience Ozorkwor! U will ever hv something to reply her caustic mouth.

RR, u r so correct. Things r hard for my pple out there. Survival of d fittest. Hubby has met a nigerian whose wife do aristo work in london. OMG!
He said he suddenly fell sick in d stomach. My problem is why r they still there? Don't they hv village? At least they can go to their village naw.

If u ever find urself in Europe and u they gat to know u r a govt worker, that is when u will know boys rnt smiling at all.

Pple hv been telling me what r w still doing in naija but my dear, I'm very very realistic person. There r conditions I must meet b4 I can comfortably bundle my family out of naija else, we dey here kamkpe. The things I've seen scares me a lot. I don't want to be a victim.

Good morning all.

EFeeeeeeeeeeeemaaaa!!!!!!
Where is my turkey recipe?
Me and u will put leg inside one trouser o!
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by DutchesSsS(f): 9:22am On Nov 21, 2013
I'm really depressed....I want to end my life, I'm tired of it all...
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by EfemenaXY: 9:25am On Nov 21, 2013
Haba YPP see as you dey shout pessin name this early mo-mo...I don post am now! shocked shocked

Look at my post on the previous page cheesy Infact, oya take jor: https://www.nairaland.com/1418832/family-section-fun-room/87

Good morning babes kiss
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by Nobody: 9:38am On Nov 21, 2013
Efemena_xy: Haba YPP see as you dey shout pessin name this early mo-mo...I don post am now! shocked shocked

Look at my post on the previous page cheesy Infact, oya take jor: https://www.nairaland.com/1418832/family-section-fun-room/87

Good morning babes kiss
Sorry naw, I wanted ur attention fast and it worked.
I will do indoor celebration on saturday.
So I wanna cook myself and serve my guests. That turkey recipe no bad at all.
Will try it out tomorrow. If I Bleep up, will quickly go and place my order as usual.
Just wanted this one to be very special.
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by Nobody: 9:46am On Nov 21, 2013
DutchesSsS: I'm really depressed....I want to end my life, I'm tired of it all...

Dutchess, o gini?
Is it ur school work?

What is it sweerie?

Tell us pls.

(U fine for that picture)
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by jaybee3(m): 9:50am On Nov 21, 2013
We need your support here guys => https://www.nairaland.com/1522558/tehns-2nd-annual-end-year

help us to help others

cool cool cool cool cool
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by pickabeau1: 9:51am On Nov 21, 2013
DutchesSsS: I'm really depressed....I want to end my life, I'm tired of it all...

What the

Whats up.. this is the family room

Pls speak or talk to the mods....
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by Yusphull(m): 10:03am On Nov 21, 2013

Why will you say such ??

Wahs the matter babe... A problem shared is a problem solved.....

Spill it out dear.....
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by yokis(f): 10:11am On Nov 21, 2013
+++++++
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by yokis(f): 10:54am On Nov 21, 2013
Good morning everyone

@ypp,happy birthdae in advance

@duchessss,pls take Ȋ̝̊̅†̥ easy
i believe d solution to d problem
Is just right around d corner.

Welcome to d fun room all newbies

Have been busy trying to sort things
Out as per my big day comin up
Иot easy jare.

Went out to sell clothes to some family peeps
Around my area,they are all just talking
About my dad(it brought tears to my eyes)i wish he was alive
to witness d event anyway.

God knws best!!!

All dis oyibo pipo
Choii
Imagine me going for a friends party
with money to chest my bills
for wetin naaaa lol

Normally sha goin out,one is suppose
to have some change in d pocket jus in case
U break cup for d party lol
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by tunapa2009(m): 11:23am On Nov 21, 2013
Duchessss dearie.. Whatsup? Abeg oooooo.. Calm down.. There is no problem that is bigger than 1...
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by serubawon(m): 1:35pm On Nov 21, 2013
I can't believe I'm just discovering this way into page 114 (I really need to get a life). I guess it's too late to introduce myself. That's like walking into a party in full swing at 4 am in the morning. Maybe I'll just try my best to get into the mood and start break dancing or something grin

Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by Nobody: 1:48pm On Nov 21, 2013
Royal Roy - collect gate fee from serubawon if he doesn't introduce himself

@CC
Talk about hard chicken - in this my old age
@Efemena
Wow that's some seriously detailed party you had there
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by Tinkybabe(f): 1:54pm On Nov 21, 2013
chaircover:

The latest fad Naija people are doing here now is to say "no children" at weddings and events like the oyibos do.

So true!Went for my close family friend's wedding 2 years ago
She of course had the "no children allowed" rule on the IV and in addition had
"For gifts,please get a gift card from ..... store or come with a monetary gift.thank you"
I think the latter is cool though,no one wants 20 deep fryers as gift

DutchesSsS,pls don't think of harming yourself...share the problem with us.

pickabeau1: Welcome omo Yoruba salsera
Tinklybabe... u nko...intros.....sowieee. ..thats wat I see everytime u post.....

I've introduced myself in fact I'm one of the pioneers of this thread.lol -not true but my introduction is on one of the first few pages
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by Tgirl4real(f): 2:00pm On Nov 21, 2013
Lol @ Seru bobo.

U don hook babe na we no dey see ya break light. grin

I am sad and depressed ryt now. Tired of living...I think I will end it now. sad
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by serubawon(m): 2:07pm On Nov 21, 2013
Tgirl4real: Lol @ Seru bobo.

U don hook babe na we no dey see ya break light. grin

I am sad and depressed ryt now. Tired of living...I think I will end it now. sad

Na when me com join thread na that time you come dey depressed. Which kain tin be dis? You wan give me bad name? angry
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by serubawon(m): 2:10pm On Nov 21, 2013
Dem dey collect gate fee again? O ga o. Salsera, na fight?
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by tunapa2009(m): 2:18pm On Nov 21, 2013
I looked critically into LIFE, just four letter word, very simple to pronounce, easy to spell but it is a mystery. Nobody ever prepared for it, we just consciously found ourselves in this life full of ups and downs. We are a stranger in a strange world where everything looks strange. You have to learn their languages in order to communicate, food to survive, shelter for protection and other things. Truly, life is the survival of the fittest. The fittest? Yes.
The existence of every being is not by mistake but for a purpose(sun,moon,water body: they also are products of purpose).
In the course of our living, we are confronted by all sorts of things that threaten our existence, which may leads to death. Then why life? Everybody holds a certain belief about life. Personally, my philosophy about life is: LIFE IS WHATEVER YOU THINK IT IS. if you think it is good, it attracts goodness and if it is otherwise, it attracts otherwise.
...............To be continued...........
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by mysticgal(f): 2:24pm On Nov 21, 2013
now my familly people,una goodafrun please i need some advice,
My aunt,that's like my cousins wife,she's got no children and has been married for seven years to him and my cousin treats her badly,anytime i try talking to him on phone he in turn calls my father to tell me to stay clear of his family,but seriously i can't help but talk.
Some months ago when i visited them,with my eyes i saw him push and insult her which made her cry,it hurt me seeing her cry,ok last month he said he wanted to come to my house in abuja,and i prayed and fasted for that alone,he's violent and commanding and its known in the family,but they still tell her to stay and stick to him even when she wants to go,she says she's tired and personally i support her though i haven't spilled out yet,so family people what will you advice.
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by mysticgal(f): 2:34pm On Nov 21, 2013
roy which are you in your dp,just don't mind me but mind my question cool
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by serubawon(m): 2:59pm On Nov 21, 2013
mysticgal: now my familly people,una goodafrun please i need some advice,
My aunt,that's like my cousins wife,she's got no children and has been married for seven years to him and my cousin treats her badly,anytime i try talking to him on phone he in turn calls my father to tell me to stay clear of his family,but seriously i can't help but talk.
Some months ago when i visited them,with my eyes i saw him push and insult her which made her cry,it hurt me seeing her cry,ok last month he said he wanted to come to my house in abuja,and i prayed and fasted for that alone,he's violent and commanding and its known in the family,but they still tell her to stay and stick to him even when she wants to go,she says she's tired and personally i support her though i haven't spilled out yet,so family people what will you advice.

No woman deserves to be treated that way. I see men like that and I feel like physically beating them up. I wouldn't tolerate someone treating my mom, sister or daughter that way. Personally, I believe that men like that are just bullies and need a like minded woman who will make his life a living hell. I know it's hard for a woman to leave her matrimonial home, but if it's for her own safety, then she should leave. I wish there was an easy fix to it, but there isn't. If she has brothers that are truly men, they need to stand up to her husband or he's going to hurt her badly some day.
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by Nobody: 4:46pm On Nov 21, 2013
@serubobo

Rules of the house, introduce yourself

I no dey fight - thats why i avoid politics section grin
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by pickabeau1: 5:16pm On Nov 21, 2013
@Tinkybabe my bad

@seru seru... u don show hia... i remember that your thread and how is married life\

it is well wit u
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by DutchesSsS(f): 5:28pm On Nov 21, 2013
Hello, I'm so gratefull to you all....you guys rock my world...

Thank y'all....
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by serubawon(m): 5:36pm On Nov 21, 2013
pickabeau1: @Tinkybabe my bad

@seru seru... u don show hia... i remember that your thread and how is married life\

it is well wit u

Thank you my sister. Yes, I don show face. Not married yet. Introduction was done last weekend. We should be tying the knot in January, God willing. I'm blessed.
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by RoyalRoy(m): 5:40pm On Nov 21, 2013
mysticgal: roy which are you in your dp,just don't mind me but mind my question cool

The first one.

Second head is my bro. Jeff
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by damiso(f): 5:42pm On Nov 21, 2013
Hello fun room....@pickabeau na Christmas turkey o, I like that Efe's recipe as it's like Fusion turkey (naija +English).That English Turkey Roast is just too dry joor.
Efe pls (in yoruba culture its rude to ask how many children one has) but excuse my curiosity 4 Turkeys seems alot , is your battalion that large ni grin grin grin grin grin cos I saw your menu and seems like you have so many other extras.Or do you host guests as well?

And that your kids party was oyinbo party jooor. grin.At typical naija parties we bring all the siblings, daddy, mummy, grandma, grandpa, cousins, nephews, nieces tongue cheesy cheesy.

CC you use style wicked small grin grin grin grin though you are right jare.I did not even want to come you now say no kids, good excuse my childcare arrangement cancelled on me short notice.My husband rarely eats at parties cos thanks to the recession every bola, helen and sikira in the UK is now a caterer grin grin grin grin (sorry if those are anyone's real names).Ahhann some jollof and fried rice at naija parties eh lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed.

@Dutchess Life is a gift, a very precious one at that.Whatever you are going through realise that no condition is ever permanent. This too shall pass.Life is full of ups and Downs and our trials sometimes are experiences we need to make us stronger.Pls dont allow those thoughts thrive, pls and pls.

YPP happy birthday in advance
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by RoyalRoy(m): 5:43pm On Nov 21, 2013
mysticgal: now my familly people,una goodafrun please i need some advice,

its so sad.

Women who are TTC need extra care and attention. Not threats and harsh treatment.
Talk to your mum or other aunts.
Let them reason with ur sister in law.
If your cousin is tired of her then he should let her go instead of disrespecting her and making her unhappy.

Please talk to elderly women in your family so they talk to him accordingly.

(1) (2) (3) ... (112) (113) (114) (115) (116) (117) (118) ... (504) (Reply)

House Clearance Sales.. Come In Here!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.