Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,068 members, 7,849,327 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 06:39 PM

The Family Section Fun Room!! - Family (195) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / The Family Section Fun Room!! (745029 Views)

Fraudulent Threads In The Family Section Of NL!!! We Don Casssssh Dem!!!!! / Are You A Happily Married Man? Family Section Needs You / Happy Birthday To Family Section's World Famous Leapling (CHAIRCOVER) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (192) (193) (194) (195) (196) (197) (198) ... (504) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by damiso(f): 8:34pm On Aug 14, 2014
chaircover:

Its a hard one, I must admit.
Is this person willing to share what is left?
You see when people are boxed in a corner, they fight anyhow without caring who gets hurt.
its alwayd good to give people an escape route.
I dont know what has been taken so far and what is left
but you may want to consider drawing a line in the sand and saying take what you have taken, but the rest we have to share and maybe she will be more co-operative.
People like that usually do adie da mi logun nu, ma fo leyin
translate please embarassed

If chicken spoil my medicine, I break her egg grin grin Yaay i tried

That's why I think they should all meet and let elders mediate rather than all this over the phone hearsay,excuses and counter accusations.
Your suggestion is similar to pickabeau's as well so will suggest to hubby.
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by Nobody: 8:35pm On Aug 14, 2014
Ceasar1: Yap, like Toynex, I'm also new here. Biko who's incharge of welcoming the newbies. I don't want to call names.

Errrrrrmmmmmm
You need to introduce yourself first
You also need to pay registraton fees cool
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by Nobody: 8:36pm On Aug 14, 2014
Damiso, I understand u perfectly well. But the unfortunate thing is that, your hubby may want this to be peacefully settled but few among them(siblings) may want to take things to far.....
Chaii... All this family palaver dey tire person...
Just be careful and also don't get yourself too involve in this ish.
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by damiso(f): 8:36pm On Aug 14, 2014
Welcome toynex and caesar kiss kiss no vex I dey do amebo

Pls don't mind CC after the tsunami she was overthrown by moi grin so all registration fees come through me tanks grin

1 Like

Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by Nobody: 8:37pm On Aug 14, 2014
damiso:

If chicken spoil my medicine, I break her egg grin grin Yaay i tried

That's why I think they should all meet and let elders mediate rather than all this over the phone hearsay,excuses and counter accusations.
Your suggestion is similar to pickabeau's as well so will suggest to hubby.

80%
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by TOYNEX(f): 8:37pm On Aug 14, 2014
chaircover:

Its a hard one, I must admit.
Is this person willing to share what is left?
You see when people are boxed in a corner, they fight anyhow without caring who gets hurt.
its alwayd good to give people an escape route.
I dont know what has been taken so far and what is left
but you may want to consider drawing a line in the sand and saying take what you have taken, but the rest we have to share and maybe she will be more co-operative.
People like that usually do adie da mi logun nu, ma fo leyin
translate please
embarassed
fowl I throw way my medicine, I break ya egg.....
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by Nobody: 8:38pm On Aug 14, 2014
Welcome newbies....
Na my table them they allocate registration fee grin
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by Nobody: 8:39pm On Aug 14, 2014
damiso: Welcome toynex and caesar kiss kiss no vex I dey do amebo

Pls don't mind CC after the tsunami she was overthrown by moi grin so all registration fees come through me tanks grin

Na lie
All registration fees come through me
I need to upgrade to a run on fueless & flat tyre 2017 model Range Rover grin

1 Like

Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by Nobody: 8:40pm On Aug 14, 2014
TOYNEX: fowl I throw way my medicine, I break ya egg.....

90%
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by jaybee3(m): 8:41pm On Aug 14, 2014
Awon akuko-blockers don show

Choiiiii
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by TOYNEX(f): 8:41pm On Aug 14, 2014
Ceasar1: Yap, like Toynex, I'm also new here. Biko who's incharge of welcoming the newbies. I don't want to call names.
hmmm my head good o. sharp sharp I Don get junior. u are welcome ceasar1
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by EfemenaXY: 8:42pm On Aug 14, 2014
damiso:

That is exactly what I am thinking of how long and drawn out it could be and the nastiness that could indeed ensue.Its a long story but funny enough the person is not male(only one born in Nigeria) and there was no will.So it's more or less been something that was just left to her to manage and oversee as the others were too young and when old enough just left the country.They just kinda never really thought about them and just allowed her free rein(like you said let her be using proceeds from rent etc to organise stuff back home and keep body and soul together)until they discovered recently she actually forged their signatures to SELL OFF(thats their main grouse) some of said property to invest in her 'business' and also get property for herself and hubby.

I also feel karma is a she-dog and she will get what's coming to her and they should forego what's she sold off(as I said sibling things) let them just decide to what they want to do with what's left,maybe also sell off and split proceeds, or appoint an independent estate manager who will manage for a fee and pay proceeds into an estate account.

I see.

Damiso, forgive me if I'm wrong, but this matter sounds like it's been left too little too late. How long was the estate left in her care for? Three decades?

Apart from the property left to her to oversee on behalf of her younger siblings, did she have any other source of income coming her way? If not, then she does have a point, re: she had to eat and sustain herself (hence the comment about no one bothering to find out how she'd fared all those years...) So if she had and still has nothing apart from that estate as her main source of livelihood, then it might be for the best if you lot just forget about it. Sharing it out will greatly reduce what she has to sustain herself and her family. Not fair, I know. But the fact is, the rest of you are overseas and you aren't dying from hunger, or plying the streets begging.

What she did was wrong though (forging signatures) and is a criminal offence. But nor be Naija we dey talk of? Where anything goes?

And the fact that she's a woman sef...I don't even know what to say!
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by Nobody: 8:44pm On Aug 14, 2014
jaybee3: Awon akuko-blockers don show

Choiiiii

Hi Jaybee
How is wifey and the quadruplets? tongue
Hope you are all doing fine cheesy
Its your anniversary soon isnt it
Married life really suits you.
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by TOYNEX(f): 8:44pm On Aug 14, 2014
LyndaRoyce: Welcome newbies....
Na my table them they allocate registration fee grin
even from your name, it shows you are OP's Secretary
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by Nobody: 8:47pm On Aug 14, 2014
TOYNEX: hmmm my head good o. sharp sharp I Don get junior. u are welcome ceasar1

Thank you Ma'am and Evening. I mean good day.

1 Like

Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by rebella(f): 9:16pm On Aug 14, 2014
Toynex and caesar don't mind them , I collect all registration fees and I give authentic receipt.
Damiso pls your husband should resolve the matter as civilly as possible. When something doesn't belong to you it won't last in your hands, his sibling won't understand how the money will finish, that is why robbers are never rich.
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by MizMyColi(f): 9:45pm On Aug 14, 2014
Lemme book space in this section first before lipsrsealed Ceasar1 I followed you here, please register me too @registrar grin grin
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by Nobody: 9:50pm On Aug 14, 2014
MizMyColi: Lemme book space in this section first before lipsrsealed Ceasar1 I followed you here, please register me too @registrar grin grin

I no we - we would like to know more about you. Introduce yourself. grin
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by MizMyColi(f): 9:53pm On Aug 14, 2014
Ceasar1:

I no we - we would like to know more about you. Introduce yourself. grin
I'm Mizmycoli, what's the template?
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by Nobody: 9:56pm On Aug 14, 2014
rebella: Toynex and caesar don't mind them , I collect all registration fees and I give authentic receipt..

Lol, I've been Keep waiting here for almost an hour.
Please how much is the registration fee Ma'am. cheesy
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by bellong: 9:57pm On Aug 14, 2014
Welcome on board.... Toynex, Ceaser1 and Mizmycoli.

1 Like

Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by Nobody: 9:59pm On Aug 14, 2014
@damiso

My take on this is this (bare in mind I'm basing my assumptions on what you have said so far)

Your hubby and other siblings have been passive about the property ALL this while but when they hear she's balling thats when they remember they are all equal children of the same parents.

By no fault of hers she was born in Nigeria and the others had a choice of where to call their legal place of residence.

By default she was left in charge of making decisions with regards to property belonging to all, taking care of property in Nigeria you need all your 5 senses and then some. If its not government asking for Land use charge it is local government then there is tenant wahala, agents going awol.
If everyone had been actively involved on a regular basis in sharing this load she would not have been able to do this.
I'm sure when she sold the property she told herself you guys dont care about it anyway because their inactivity proved that.

This similar scenario played out in my mums family and in the end they regretted it, till date that sibling still takes the larger share because when the properties needed attention in the early years he was the one left to do errand work so as far as he is concerned he's reaping from his hardwork. It taught them all a lesson now they are all actively involved and planning to sell other properties asap
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by Nobody: 10:00pm On Aug 14, 2014
MizMyColi: I'm Mizmycoli, what's the template?

Hun, Template? #Scratches Head.
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by damiso(f): 10:10pm On Aug 14, 2014
EfemenaXY:

I see.

Damiso, forgive me if I'm wrong, but this matter sounds like it's been left too little too late. How long was the estate left in her care for? Three decades?

Apart from the property left to her to oversee on behalf of her younger siblings, did she have any other source of income coming her way? If not, then she does have a point, re: she had to eat and sustain herself (hence the comment about no one bothering to find out how she'd fared all those years...) So if she had and still has nothing apart from that estate as her main source of livelihood, then it might be for the best if you lot just forget about it. Sharing it out will greatly reduce what she has to sustain herself and her family. Not fair, I know. But the fact is, the rest of you are overseas and you aren't dying from hunger, or plying the streets begging.

What she did was wrong though (forging signatures) and is a criminal offence. But nor be Naija we dey talk of? Where anything goes?

And the fact that she's a woman sef...I don't even know what to say!

Yes she has been in charge for decades..And yeah she has been the one taking care of stuff.She actually works but in a govt establishment.I think the others main grouse is they feel if they have given her rein she ought have at least carried them along when she wanted to start selling off seeing as they never asked her for what she did with the rents all along.But you are right they need to just move on from the forgery incident and settle as peacably as possible. To be fair my husband's school fees was actually paid from that estate while in Nigeria so she tried her best at such a young age to handle things.Its just the dodgy aspect that I was a bit disappointed with sha.
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by MizMyColi(f): 10:13pm On Aug 14, 2014
bellong: Welcome on board.... Toynex, Ceaser1 and Mizmycoli.
I meant, what I'm supposed to talk about. @bellong Thank You, We're Honoured cool
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by damiso(f): 10:15pm On Aug 14, 2014
salsera: @damiso

My take on this is this (bare in mind I'm basing my assumptions on what you have said so far)

Your hubby and other siblings have been passive about the property ALL this while but when they hear she's balling thats when they remember they are all equal children of the same parents.

By no fault of hers she was born in Nigeria and the others had a choice of where to call their legal place of residence.

By default she was left in charge of making decisions with regards to property belonging to all, taking care of property in Nigeria you need all your 5 senses and then some. If its not government asking for Land use charge it is local government then there is tenant wahala, agents going awol.
If everyone had been actively involved on a regular basis in sharing this load she would not have been able to do this.
I'm sure when she sold the property she told herself you guys dont care about it anyway because their inactivity proved that.

This similar scenario played out in my mums family and in the end they regretted it, till date that sibling still takes the larger share because when the properties needed attention in the early years he was the one left to do errand work so as far as he is concerned he's reaping from his hardwork. It taught them all a lesson now they are all actively involved and planning to sell other properties asap

That's another angle which might be how it played out in her head.And so in a way maybe she feels that's her own compensation for not being a dual citizen (the others were born when parents came to study and she was left with grandma) just joking grin. But truly you have given another insight into the whole matter.thank you

Thank you guys nice to have some other perspectives. kiss
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by Nobody: 10:23pm On Aug 14, 2014
MizMyColi: I meant, what I'm supposed to talk about.

I know. I think we should wait for chaircover on that.

While we wait, you ought to introduce yourself na. sad
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by MizMyColi(f): 10:25pm On Aug 14, 2014
Ceasar1:

I know. I think we should wait for chaircover on that.

While we wait, you ought to introduce yourself na. sad
Ah Dunno What to say na grin okay, introduce yourself to me, I'll follow your cue.
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by Nobody: 10:30pm On Aug 14, 2014
MizMyColi: Ah Dunno What to say na grin okay, introduce yourself to me, I'll follow your cue.

Okay, No Wahala. My name is ( Insert name here). I'm (insert age here). Etcetera. Oya start.
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by bellong: 10:31pm On Aug 14, 2014
MizMyColi: I meant, what I'm supposed to talk about. @bellong Thank You, We're Honoured cool

Check the first page for template.

Then you need to bring A Motorola tablet with 4.4.2 (KitKat) Android OS with some other things for divination to the gods.
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by Nobody: 10:32pm On Aug 14, 2014
Mizmycoli, start na. sad

1 Like

Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by rebella(f): 10:40pm On Aug 14, 2014
Ceasar1:

Lol, I've been Keep waiting here for almost an hour.
Please how much is the registration fee Ma'am. cheesy
Just pay 300k into my acct, lolz cheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (192) (193) (194) (195) (196) (197) (198) ... (504) (Reply)

House Clearance Sales.. Come In Here!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.