Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,102 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:04 PM

How My Friend Was Brutalised By Winners Chapel Officials In Abuja - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How My Friend Was Brutalised By Winners Chapel Officials In Abuja (28461 Views)

Women Working At Church Children's Chapel (Photos) / BBC Calls Winners Chapel "Witchcraft Church" / Bishop Oyedepo's Winners' Chapel Accused Of Exploiting British Worshippers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How My Friend Was Brutalised By Winners Chapel Officials In Abuja by Nobody: 5:23pm On Sep 10, 2013
his awesomeness: I'm a catholic. But the only time I worshipped in winners chapel was fulfilling. Without being told we already saw where people were parking so we parked. Everything went well between us and the officials cos did exactly what we were directed to do and it went well. Nw OP, I ask what do u have against the church? Ur friend probably went there drunk. Or he had a motive. So I say ur story is baseless. If u don't want too be member kindly change. U and oyedepo can never enter into heaven hand in hand.

100 likes

1 Like

Re: How My Friend Was Brutalised By Winners Chapel Officials In Abuja by UmmRoqeeb: 5:23pm On Sep 10, 2013
Next IG: @Op, I am not going to exonorate the church from some unwanted happenings within her, but this your story lacks substance. Why did I said so?
(1) Every Winners Chapel has a designated parking lot either within the Church premises or outside the gate but, it is either fenced or well protected.
(2) Your friend made the mistake of parking near the church (outside) when he has been severally warned not to. That shows a sign of disobedience to the church leadership.
(3) Your friend lied by saying that the traffic officials will asked him not park at a particular point without showing him where to park.
(4) If your friend had been a true member of the Winners Chapel for Five years, he should by now knows where Church members, Church officials and Pastors do park their vehicles. Because each have their parking lot. Even the for the Church members, where the first service attendees will park is different from the second service.
(5) With the security situation everywhere, why must you park your car anyhow or somewhere near the church without letting the officials?
(6) If truly he has been a true member, he should know that even if the head of the unit is against him, he should have gone into the church and report him to any other Unit Head, Deacon/Deaconness, Elder(s), or any Pastor and his case would have been attended to immediately without bias. Because the leadership of the church won't take their action lightly if at all, it is true.
(7) For the number of years he has been in the Church he is still not a member of any unit group? That cast a doubt on his true membership in that Church. Because if he belongs to any unit, he would have reported the matter to his own unit head.
(cool The Bible said, if you had a grudge against your fellow brother (Christian), never you take the matter to the judge outside, rather, present it to the elders (pastors) in the church for an amicable solution, we shouldn't allowed unbelievers to settle our matters.
(9) How will you feel when you caned your child and he immediately went outside to call your neighbour when he hasn't reported it to his mother?
(10) Your friend said the head of the Police Anti Robbery Team called him aside and told him to take up the matter. Haba! When a Senior (woman) Police Officer is around and had shouted at him, he still had the audacity to call your friend aside for at least 3minutes advice? Hmmmm!
(11) Think with your mind not with the head. I know there is an onslaught of evil allegations against the Body of Christ the world over, but, the good news is, They Shall Not Prevail. The Church will Keep Marching on until the day of resurrection.
(12) Shalom! Jesus is Lord!!
And here comes the most certified mumu of the century. Just read through your comment and notice how gullible you are. Mtchewww

3 Likes

Re: How My Friend Was Brutalised By Winners Chapel Officials In Abuja by creativemusic: 5:27pm On Sep 10, 2013
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: How My Friend Was Brutalised By Winners Chapel Officials In Abuja by mooregan(m): 5:31pm On Sep 10, 2013
All this "Holier than thou" people where full nairaland sef.

2 Likes

Re: How My Friend Was Brutalised By Winners Chapel Officials In Abuja by UmmRoqeeb: 5:38pm On Sep 10, 2013
ucyoma: "if nobody talks abt u, den u're nobody" (MI) if nobdy talkx abt winners' chapel, den itxx not truly a winning church. U only knw & talk abt significant tinx & pple lyk buffet, gates, slim, dangote, etc Dox any1 knw or talk abt d poorest ppl on earth Haterz kip hatin, winners' kip winning. no send dem!!!
Are you this stupid or you are seriously making an effort to be?

7 Likes

Re: How My Friend Was Brutalised By Winners Chapel Officials In Abuja by Nobody: 5:43pm On Sep 10, 2013
Pastor David Oyedepo has anger issues and is imparting it into his congregation nation wide.

It was in winners benin, the wife of the deputy governor almost killed an official of the nigerian army. If that guy wasn't an officer I'm sure he would have been killed.

2 Likes

Re: How My Friend Was Brutalised By Winners Chapel Officials In Abuja by Nobody: 5:45pm On Sep 10, 2013
ucyoma: "if nobody talks abt u, den u're nobody" (MI) if nobdy talkx abt winners' chapel, den itxx not truly a winning church. U only knw & talk abt significant tinx & pple lyk buffet, gates, slim, dangote, etc Dox any1 knw or talk abt d poorest ppl on earth Haterz kip hatin, winners' kip winning. no send dem!!!

Tell dem oo
Re: How My Friend Was Brutalised By Winners Chapel Officials In Abuja by deeptesting(m): 5:46pm On Sep 10, 2013
Once you drive yourself from your house to this business centers, whatever happens to you is your business and must be handled as church affairs.. Shikena! Let those that have ears listen and if you are deaf use your eyes.

5 Likes

Re: How My Friend Was Brutalised By Winners Chapel Officials In Abuja by ucyoma(m): 5:50pm On Sep 10, 2013
Umm Roqeeb: Are you this stupid or you are seriously making an effort to be?
it taks sm1 who hx bin silly 4 many yrs 2 dictate anoda. it seems ur silly state hx rilly deteriorated & has got 2 a condition of no remedy. U can come 2 Winners' wia u cud b attended 2. Silly goat!!!
Re: How My Friend Was Brutalised By Winners Chapel Officials In Abuja by babanne(m): 6:00pm On Sep 10, 2013
double post.
Re: How My Friend Was Brutalised By Winners Chapel Officials In Abuja by babanne(m): 6:00pm On Sep 10, 2013
Uyi Iredia: And it is nonsense like this that makes me condemn Christianity in particular, and religion in general.

My brother but true christianity exists. If you want to find out, meet with Jehovah's witnesses. You will observe totally different chritianity. True christianity that is based on love!

5 Likes

Re: How My Friend Was Brutalised By Winners Chapel Officials In Abuja by kenzspunpy(m): 6:01pm On Sep 10, 2013
Gombs:

Looks like some Super Story/ Nollywood act

Like seriously? 12 people beating one man? grin grin
Dats 12 folks without the love of God in their heart, even if one got angry, the other 11 too got angry as well? grin
He was dragged on the floor?? By the 12?? grin are you sure he didn't go there to steal a car?

Aw many pastors are on winners chapel pulpit? Tot tis one pastor on a pulpit at a time? Abi the pulpit na 'hungry man size' type with like 5pastors standing alongside?

If he were a knowledgeable person, he won't go park where he was asked no to park, he won't wanna get mobbed (assuming 12 folks gathered round him with anger grin : your story funny sha), he won't say he wore a 9yr old clothe to church, no matter how special it was to you (9yr old clothes? He must be a frugal fellow grin, him no dey grow fat or slim? grin )

They even gave him cold water and juice sef (which he obviously drank- dat guy was a hungry fellow joor grin n, I'm sure he wanted communion bread too or expected a plate of rice/moi moi grin )...if I were d pastor, I'd get him born again fast

You nailed it man. You are one of the few who thinks before talking.
Re: How My Friend Was Brutalised By Winners Chapel Officials In Abuja by Nobody: 6:02pm On Sep 10, 2013
Let God be the judge
Re: How My Friend Was Brutalised By Winners Chapel Officials In Abuja by Nobody: 6:05pm On Sep 10, 2013

Tell dem ooooo
Re: How My Friend Was Brutalised By Winners Chapel Officials In Abuja by Nobody: 6:08pm On Sep 10, 2013
PROUDLY WINNERS!!!!!...
Re: How My Friend Was Brutalised By Winners Chapel Officials In Abuja by EmmanuellaAop: 6:08pm On Sep 10, 2013
Pastor Kun: Another comment from the original thread:

....proud 2b an anglican .........itz all about follown orders.....
Re: How My Friend Was Brutalised By Winners Chapel Officials In Abuja by Lordskenn(m): 6:13pm On Sep 10, 2013
Promhize: Terrible, but I've another scenario of how terrible this church can be.

When I was in Ife, my sister attended this same winners chapel, I attended another church. On a certain sunday, she came back from the church and vowed never to step into the church again in her life.
When we asked her what happened, she said a certain man in need of help came to the church to ask for help and their pastor ushered him away refusing to help because he wasn't a member of the church.

I mean its just terrible, how can you refuse to help someone because he is not a member of your church. Apart from that, they did not even try preaching to him, obviously because he had no financial contribution to make if he joined the church.

The worst thing is this church one of the biggest if not the biggest in the town. I just thank God my sister had not been brainwashed like the other members who saw no fault in what the pastor did.

Its just unthinkable.
The writer should have mentioned names
. Pls don't let those people enslave us with d name of God again. Is it how Jesus Christ commanded us 2 do. Pls let us be wise.

1 Like

Re: How My Friend Was Brutalised By Winners Chapel Officials In Abuja by IKenn(m): 6:13pm On Sep 10, 2013
Well, me I dont know o, i started attending Winners' chapel a few months ago. The branch in Ankpa, Kogi state has been wonderful and when I went to Benin, the workers there were even more wonderful; infact some sundays ago, I got to church at a time when it was beginnin to rain n a worker ran to me at the gate with an umbrella to walk me to the church's auditorium entrance... P/S i arrived church dat day in public transport a.k.a danfo
Re: How My Friend Was Brutalised By Winners Chapel Officials In Abuja by try69: 6:17pm On Sep 10, 2013
I don't see any reason oyedepo's name should come in on this or even asking whom amosun is.. The issue I have with him is having not one but more than two private jets in this world of the poor. It's pure LUST for me. Some in defence say he does charity in hiding which is quite laughable. There is no way you can hide great good done, it shows.

Don't mean to derail though

2 Likes

Re: How My Friend Was Brutalised By Winners Chapel Officials In Abuja by nwadaigbo: 6:22pm On Sep 10, 2013
attend pentecostal at ur own peril. You people should go abck to your original denominations; catholic, anglican, methodist etc and stop all these foolishness in d name of pentecostalism.

1 Like

Re: How My Friend Was Brutalised By Winners Chapel Officials In Abuja by Reference(m): 6:33pm On Sep 10, 2013
Nothing new here. Peter cleaved the ear of one of the soldiers that came to arrest Jesus. Its hard to seperate the the zeal for God and that for the institution of the church with all its traditions, rules and every other thing Christ is supposed to set us free from.

My message to the Op and others who experience these things is simple. You are there to save your life and if you find anything in church that will destroy your faith, avoid it.

1 Like

Re: How My Friend Was Brutalised By Winners Chapel Officials In Abuja by funnyx(m): 6:47pm On Sep 10, 2013
Titiluvly: PROUDLY WINNERS!!!!!...

No wonder undecided
Re: How My Friend Was Brutalised By Winners Chapel Officials In Abuja by tomzman: 6:53pm On Sep 10, 2013
Winners chapel getting in the news these days!
Re: How My Friend Was Brutalised By Winners Chapel Officials In Abuja by phurlabby(m): 6:57pm On Sep 10, 2013
@PastorKun, I'd like to a share something with you, just this last week I was blessed by the e-grace convention in which you were one of the speakers - I learnt so much that I became truly born again and went out during an altercall in church just this Sunday and rededicated my life to God and believe me God has been wonderful to me. So when I read things like this: what comes to mind is scripture which says "remove the log in your eyes before proceeding to removing the speck in another". Moreover who made us judge anyway? I'm not in anyway in support of the "said action of the workers" but still I will rather work out my own salvation in fear and trembling before the Almighty!!

I feel for your friend, I really do but holding a grudge or refusing to let go for over nine years? He doesn't have to attend the church but he really needs to forgive and let go. Let's put things in perspective here, Jesus was beaten, a crown of thorn was placed on his his and crucified for our sins and yet on the cross he pleaded with God to forgive the very people hurting him.

Let's be true followers of Christ, he set the perfect example for us. Putting this out there will do more harm than good (I believe). God have mercy on us all. Amem

1 Like

Re: How My Friend Was Brutalised By Winners Chapel Officials In Abuja by EdidemOluomo: 7:11pm On Sep 10, 2013
Next IG: @Op, I am not going to exonorate the church from some unwanted happenings within her, but this your story lacks substance. Why did I said so?
(1) Every Winners Chapel has a designated parking lot either within the Church premises or outside the gate but, it is either fenced or well protected.
(2) Your friend made the mistake of parking near the church (outside) when he has been severally warned not to. That shows a sign of disobedience to the church leadership.
(3) Your friend lied by saying that the traffic officials will asked him not park at a particular point without showing him where to park.
(4) If your friend had been a true member of the Winners Chapel for Five years, he should by now knows where Church members, Church officials and Pastors do park their vehicles. Because each have their parking lot. Even the for the Church members, where the first service attendees will park is different from the second service.
(5) With the security situation everywhere, why must you park your car anyhow or somewhere near the church without letting the officials?
(6) If truly he has been a true member, he should know that even if the head of the unit is against him, he should have gone into the church and report him to any other Unit Head, Deacon/Deaconness, Elder(s), or any Pastor and his case would have been attended to immediately without bias. Because the leadership of the church won't take their action lightly if at all, it is true.
(7) For the number of years he has been in the Church he is still not a member of any unit group? That cast a doubt on his true membership in that Church. Because if he belongs to any unit, he would have reported the matter to his own unit head.
(cool The Bible said, if you had a grudge against your fellow brother (Christian), never you take the matter to the judge outside, rather, present it to the elders (pastors) in the church for an amicable solution, we shouldn't allowed unbelievers to settle our matters.
(9) How will you feel when you caned your child and he immediately went outside to call your neighbour when he hasn't reported it to his mother?
(10) Your friend said the head of the Police Anti Robbery Team called him aside and told him to take up the matter. Haba! When a Senior (woman) Police Officer is around and had shouted at him, he still had the audacity to call your friend aside for at least 3minutes advice? Hmmmm!
(11) Think with your mind not with the head. I know there is an onslaught of evil allegations against the Body of Christ the world over, but, the good news is, They Shall Not Prevail. The Church will Keep Marching on until the day of resurrection.

Well Said and I quite agree wiv u,but not totally sha. Shows u read the story very well.
Re: How My Friend Was Brutalised By Winners Chapel Officials In Abuja by toms55(m): 7:12pm On Sep 10, 2013
As a bonafide member of the church such occurence I've witnessed severaly but not as brutal as that of this guy,the simple instruction is 'don't park where you are not supposed to but out of ignorance some members still go against that,its for the safety of everyone, when a car is parked around the church premises who knows what mission was it parked there for...there are over 10 car parks in the church wich are very spacious..the question i would have love to ask the op is ' is a mechanic workshop a carpark?' "Does he know whether the cars parked there are meant for repair?" Please let's us consider both sides before giving judgement..·thanks #just saying#
Re: How My Friend Was Brutalised By Winners Chapel Officials In Abuja by Smooyis(m): 7:13pm On Sep 10, 2013
Thanks bro. I think i share some of your poinnts here. If our brother is a true member of the church, he should have obeyed the church workers on duty or report the matter to the church elders. His act of disobedience led to all that happened later. WE SHOULD NOT allow satan to exploit our anger to wreck havoc. If not God intervention, this matter would
have resulted in death with the involvement of gun touting policemen. However, this is not to exonorate the leader of the traffic unit who lied to the police that our brother was an armed robber. We all should be careful not to judge or condemn a church of God based on the attitude of an over~zealous worker(s)!

Re: How My Friend Was Brutalised By Winners Chapel Officials In Abuja by DARREG(m): 7:27pm On Sep 10, 2013
i pity anyone that wud use this as a medium to criticize the entire winners family.....jst cos a few bad eggs are in a congregation does not mean God is not there

1 Like

Re: How My Friend Was Brutalised By Winners Chapel Officials In Abuja by abacus(m): 7:29pm On Sep 10, 2013
target007:

Please understand that I am not condoning the actions of church security guards as what they did to their fellow brother (the person who wrote this story)...something is still missing here. Just like it they say 'fire does not start on its own, there must be the lighter and fuel to start a fire' I presume I will always blame parties here. If you have the Spirit if God in you, first you will be clothed with humility and gentleness especially in the house of God. I know what they did was wrong by deflating your tyres but with the Spirit of humility and gentleness operating in at least one of you the parties involved, this story would have been different.

In the book of Proverb 15:1 it states that A soft answer turns away wrath: but grievous words stir up anger...you can always get to this level when you actively asked God for His Spirit to impart you.

You see I will repeat I did not condone what those guys did but If I were 5 year old member of a Church as big as the Winner Chapel, I would have by now know where and who to report the matter to when I got to my car and I discovered it the tyres were deflated. I will report to the head of my Unit first, take further to the Pastor with pictures taken and I will threaten to leave the church if nothing is done or even send the details report to the headquarters. But I will not go to the police.

See if this had gone to the human court, I bet you both parties especially the writer of this story would also be heavily penalized because just like I said in the beginning of this posting ... fire does not start on his own.

What is it that was said to each?

Who started the abusive words first?

What is it that said that made a church security guard(s) to get angry so much as beat a brother on Sunday morning and tore his clothes?

Please I will suggest that you should forgive and forget. Let no one judge anybody in this matter because we are not there and whatever we are told now is one sided. Having said this I am not in support of the actions of the church security guard(s).

Foe you my friend who wrote this story, you still have some level of personal decision to make as your your relationship with God. Foe me I don't want to be just church goer, I want to exudes godly characters and be able to discern when the devil was about to raise his ugly head, it does not matter where and when...so that what happen that they will never happen to you again, YOU NEED TO IMBIBE THE SPIRIT OF GOD. Please befriend the holy spirit, he will guide you well. the truth they say it's very bitter.

angry please stop all this head of unit thrash. Quit being religious. All I know is the guy was beaten and it is bad. It's a shame that this is happening in a church.

I had resolved a long time ago to attend Winners any time l find myself outside Lagos. Is Bishop Aremu no longer in Winners, he didn't teach us to be brutal.

1 Like

Re: How My Friend Was Brutalised By Winners Chapel Officials In Abuja by obayaya(m): 7:41pm On Sep 10, 2013
his awesomeness: I'm a catholic. But the only time I worshipped in winners chapel was fulfilling. Without being told we already saw where people were parking so we parked. Everything went well between us and the officials cos did exactly what we were directed to do and it went well. Nw OP, I ask what do u have against the church? Ur friend probably went there drunk. Or he had a motive. So I say ur story is baseless. If u don't want too be member kindly change. U and oyedepo can never enter into heaven hand in hand.

shut up.. you are a Catholic!!! thunder fire that your mouth..

1 Like

Re: How My Friend Was Brutalised By Winners Chapel Officials In Abuja by nickxtra(m): 7:41pm On Sep 10, 2013
We should know that every church member, starting from the Head Pastor or Bishop, the pastors and workers through to the members are human and therefore prone to making mistakes in the course of their volunteering efforts for which God only can reward. We cannot because of the mistakes of a few in a big Christian organization like Winners Chapel begin to cast aspersion on the entire members of the chruch. You are not being fair to the over 90% that have not hurt you in any way. Moreso, is the fact that we go to church to worship and serve God and not the person heading the church or the erring members. We must not go to church to find faults in others as the major or only reason why we go to church. And we must remember, you don't talk ill of the Lord's anointed. So castigating the Pastors or the entire members as a bunch you hate would not do you any good, instead, as a member of the Church, don't become a spectator, but get involve in the scheme of things and you could change so many things to the right way or 'Godly' direction(s) that you crave for. Thank you and God bless you all.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

RCCG Cancels Cross-Over Service Nationwide / Pastor Oritsejafor Shows His Football Skills At Warri City Stadium (Photos) / Video Of Nigerians Praying For A Faulty Transformer: Dino Melaye Reacts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.