Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,783 members, 7,820,745 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:38 PM

Playing hard To Get Is It Necessary? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Playing hard To Get Is It Necessary? (4877 Views)

When Playing "Hard-To-Get" Goes Too Far?! / Playing Hard To Get- The Pros And Cons? / A Solution Against Girls Playing ''hard To Get'' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Playing hard To Get Is It Necessary? by Mynd44: 9:03am On Sep 10, 2013
playdude:
You guys are jokers sincerely speaking.
I've discovered that those so called hard to get are empty headed beings who lose savour and taste after they finally oblige you but those simple to get are really the loaded ones.
There's a girl that held me on for 3 Whole Months just to get a number, today, i don't pick her calls again because i saw she wasn't worth the chase. I'm tired of her, she is now d one chasing. I try to annoy her and just get her off my back. I won't stop untill i simplyput her off.
Hard to get equals Trying to be who you are not.
True. What is there is giving an answer and sticking with it? Is their minds that fickle?
Re: Playing hard To Get Is It Necessary? by Caracta(f): 9:09am On Sep 10, 2013
Mynd_44: A woman actually knows if she likes a guy or not from the first one hour he talks to her. She already knows if she will change her mind or not. The rest is just to disturb you and grease her silly ego which the guys are too happy to do.

She already knows her answer and the guy is just some pawn in some silly childish games girls (note not women) play in the name of making their minds

Taaa! I disagree. Except if she was just attracted to his looks...and the looks won't save her in the long run.

1 Like

Re: Playing hard To Get Is It Necessary? by Mynd44: 9:21am On Sep 10, 2013
Caracta:

Taaa! I disagree. Except if she was just attracted to his looks...and the looks won't save her in the long run.
Note I said woman. We all say first impression don't matter but actually it does. If you talk to someone for an hour, a woman(not girl) would be able to find out a lot about that man except of course she choose to push her nose up and not listen to him or she is trying to find out what tags he is wearing or how much he is worth.

You will be able to see if he is confident, you will see how intelligent he is from the way he replies you and you will know if he is comical if he tries to input jokes, you will know all these from the first convo. The whole, "I will think about it" is whatwomen do to grease their ego and make themselves feel wanted
Re: Playing hard To Get Is It Necessary? by playdude(m): 9:36am On Sep 10, 2013
Mynd_44:
Note I said woman. We all say first impression don't matter but actually it does. If you talk to someone for an hour, a woman(not girl) would be able to find out a lot about that man except of course she choose to push her nose up and not listen to him or she is trying to find out what tags he is wearing or how much he is worth.

You will be able to see if he is confident, you will see how intelligent he is from the way he replies you and you will know if he is comical if he tries to input jokes, you will know all these from the first convo. The whole, "I will think about it" is whatwomen do to grease their ego and make themselves feel wanted
Mor like they see as the modus operandi of any relationship request whether the practicalities are different or not. Even when some have been wishing you speak to them for ages, they still put up the attitude feeling that a negation will portray them as cheap.
Times are changing anyway, guys too are wasting less time since there are more choices available everywhere.
Re: Playing hard To Get Is It Necessary? by Caracta(f): 9:39am On Sep 10, 2013
Mynd_44:

Ok, lemme speak for myself. I don't know about the women out there. It takes me more than an hour to know if I like a guy enough to date him. We are not talking about friendship here, we are talking about relationship, and in my own case, long-term relationship. It won't take me forever to give an answer. After few days, if I like you enough I would let you know. If I don't, please get off my back.

And lemme add that some men, even after saying "no" to them, they still keep pestering and stalking you. Even when you show all the red signs in the world, they no go gree. Some of you here have done it before or are doing it presently, so you people should stop forming Jack Bauer tongue

1 Like

Re: Playing hard To Get Is It Necessary? by Mynd44: 9:39am On Sep 10, 2013
playdude:
Mor like they see as the modus operandi of any relationship request whether the practicalities are different or not. Even when some have been wishing you speak to them for ages, they still put up the attitude feeling that a negation will portray them as cheap.
Times are changing anyway, guys too are wasting less time since there are more choices available everywhere.
Unfortunately, guys have realised that just cos she held out for a year does not mean she is morally upright and the one that agrees fast is not cheap. She just does not like wasting anybody's time
Re: Playing hard To Get Is It Necessary? by Mynd44: 9:43am On Sep 10, 2013
Caracta:

Ok, lemme speak for myself. I don't know about the women out there. It takes me more than an hour to know if I like a guy enough to date him. We are not talking about friendship here, we are talking about relationship, and in my own case, long-term relationship. It won't take me forever to give an answer. After few days, if I like you enough I would let you know. If I don't, please get off my back.

And lemme add that some men, even after saying "no" to them, they still keep pestering and stalking you. Even when you show all the red signs in the world, they no go gree. Some of you here have done it before or are doing it presently, so you people should stop forming Jack Bauer ;P

Some might have but do you really think they did cos they love the girl more or they did cos they seemed to be enjoying the chase.

This hard to get thing creates an impression about the girl and the guys starts setting standards that don't exist and is more likely to get bored when she eventually says yes
Re: Playing hard To Get Is It Necessary? by Caracta(f): 9:46am On Sep 10, 2013
If a girl is 'forming' for you, leave her and move on to the next one. Chikena! As simple as Polynomials!
Re: Playing hard To Get Is It Necessary? by Mynd44: 9:52am On Sep 10, 2013
Caracta: If a girl is 'forming' for you, leave her and move on to the next one. Chikena! As simple as Polynomials!
That is not the point of this is it? I won't keep going back to a girl who is forming but the thread is about if it is necessary or not which is what we discussing
Re: Playing hard To Get Is It Necessary? by Caracta(f): 10:01am On Sep 10, 2013
Which brings me to the question, what is the length of 'hard to get'? How many hours, days, weeks, months, years, decades, can you tolerate a girl's 'posting'?

The answer to the question will help a long way. We already know some of you prefer within an hour.

Boy: Will you be my girlfriend?

Girl: (within 10 seconds) Yes

Boy: Will you marry me? (someone you just met)

Girl: Yes. Lets go to the altar tomorrow.
Re: Playing hard To Get Is It Necessary? by Mynd44: 10:10am On Sep 10, 2013
Caracta: Which brings me to the question, what is the length of 'hard to get'? How many hours, days, weeks, months, years, decades, can you tolerate a girl's 'posting'?

The answer to the question will help a long way. We already know some of you prefer within an hour.

Here is a little thought, "hard to get" is not restricted to when the guy asks the girl out. Merely flirting with girls these days comes with them forming pampers.

Oh and a guy who meets a girl and within an hour asks her out is suspicious. He can start with being friends but even that na war.
Re: Playing hard To Get Is It Necessary? by Matthewbriggs(m): 10:11am On Sep 10, 2013
Caracta: Which brings me to the question, what is the length of 'hard to get'? How many hours, days, weeks, months, years, decades, can you tolerate a girl's 'posting'?

LoL cheesy at least after 3 dates or 1 week a girl should be able to make up her mind.
Re: Playing hard To Get Is It Necessary? by Odunharry(m): 10:13am On Sep 10, 2013
isnt it foolishness?some play hard 2 get when u move on and dy see u with anoda gal dy bcme jealous.
Re: Playing hard To Get Is It Necessary? by Caracta(f): 10:15am On Sep 10, 2013
Matthew briggs:

LoL cheesy at least after 3 dates or 1 week a girl should be able to make up her mind.

Now you are talking.

Odunharry: isnt it foolishness?some play hard 2 get when u move on and dy see u with anoda gal dy bcme jealous.

Foolishness is an under-statement. She is a confused learner grin
Re: Playing hard To Get Is It Necessary? by Caracta(f): 10:17am On Sep 10, 2013
Mynd_44:
Here is a little thought, "hard to get" is not restricted to when the guy asks the girl out. Merely flirting with girls these days comes with them forming pampers.

Oh and a guy who meets a girl and within an hour asks her out is suspicious. He can start with being friends but even that na war.

Why flirt with a girl you don't have feelings for? Odikwa risky. A-ca-not nice. Ontop wetin na? Why toy with her emotions?
Re: Playing hard To Get Is It Necessary? by Odunharry(m): 10:22am On Sep 10, 2013
well said @ caracta...wat we are all trying to say is that gals shud stop dat habit of playing hard 2 get 4 a very long tym...at least unda a week she shud be able to make up her mind xcept she s cnfuse or jus wana toss d guy ard.
I lyk u cos u spoke ur mind..

Mynd and playdude too voice out what dy feel abt gals playing hard to get..

For ds kind tyme make husband scarce na im sm pipu dy play hard 2 get..
Haba,wen no b visa i dy apply for.
Re: Playing hard To Get Is It Necessary? by Odunharry(m): 10:23am On Sep 10, 2013
Caracta:

Why flirt with a girl you don't have feelings for? Odikwa risky. A-ca-not nice. Ontop wetin na? Why toy with her emotions?
i kn dia r gals who wl lov it
Re: Playing hard To Get Is It Necessary? by Mynd44: 10:24am On Sep 10, 2013
Caracta:

I see someone at the cinema and I wanna be friends so I walk over and comment her on her dress jokingly, a typical Nigerian would look at me and not smile. She will expect me to follow her around the whole place like some damn stalker.

1 Like

Re: Playing hard To Get Is It Necessary? by Caracta(f): 10:26am On Sep 10, 2013
Under a week kwa? Hehehehe. What of girls that are slow emotionally or confused like you said? Any extra week? Something might be holding us back, you know?
Re: Playing hard To Get Is It Necessary? by Odunharry(m): 10:29am On Sep 10, 2013
Caracta: Under a week kwa? Hehehehe. What of girls that are slow emotionally or confused like you said? Any extra week? Something might be holding us back, you know?
a week is 2 much gan....
At least dy v bn friends b4 d guy decided 2 ask her out...
Re: Playing hard To Get Is It Necessary? by UjSizzle(f): 10:31am On Sep 10, 2013
Men are like sales rep or marketers looking for a particular customer to show interest in their product.
A woman has many admirers who all want one thing. Now there may be a couple of them she likes already, but that doesn't mean she can jump into a relationship with either of them until she's certain it's worth her while.
That's where the 'thinking' comes in. She needs to weigh the pros and cons of each individual before settling for one.

Guys take their time to study a girl before deciding she's worth claiming...i think you should give her as much time too to make up her mind about you smiley unless you've decided you can handle an emotional wreck then by all means feel free to rush her. Just remember some people are quicker at processing new developments and their emotions than others.
If you think she's worth it all, then please wait for her.

1 Like

Re: Playing hard To Get Is It Necessary? by Caracta(f): 10:32am On Sep 10, 2013
Odunharry:
a week is 2 much gan....
At least dy v bn friends b4 d guy decided 2 ask her out...

Some of them just jump at you in the public and ask you out...without any consideration for friendship. They want to marry you right away.
Re: Playing hard To Get Is It Necessary? by Caracta(f): 10:33am On Sep 10, 2013
Mynd_44:
I see someone at the cinema and I wanna be friends so I walk over and comment her on her dress jokingly, a typical Nigerian would look at me and not smile. She will expect me to follow her around the whole place like some damn stalker.

Ontop wetin? Where are you guys meeting these type of girls? Follow her around over a compliment? Is that flirting? When you tell me I look good, I don't take it as a flirt. Anyway, I think i'm odd. Very odd. I need to go out more sad

Note: Never pass a false compliment just for the sake of building up a conversation. There are better ways. You tell me you love my dress, I smile and say 'thank you'. Then I walk away. You don't expect me to ask for your complimentary card after or start thinking you have feelings for me.
Re: Playing hard To Get Is It Necessary? by UjSizzle(f): 10:35am On Sep 10, 2013
Mynd_44:

Friend material and relationship meterial aint the same thing bro esp for a woman who thinks longterm.
Re: Playing hard To Get Is It Necessary? by Caracta(f): 10:37am On Sep 10, 2013
uj_sizzle:
Friend material and relationship meterial aint the same thing bro esp for a woman who thinks longterm.

My point exactly! God bless you.

You rush in, you might rush out. Take your time but don't take forever. Simple!
Re: Playing hard To Get Is It Necessary? by UjSizzle(f): 10:38am On Sep 10, 2013
Caracta: If a girl is 'forming' for you, leave her and move on to the next one. Chikena! As simple as Polynomials!
Funny enough, it's not as if some men don't toast more than one girl at once hoping that one deal will click for them undecided
Try your luck things grin
Re: Playing hard To Get Is It Necessary? by Caracta(f): 10:42am On Sep 10, 2013
uj_sizzle:
Funny enough, it's not as if some men don't toast more than one girl at once hoping that one deal will click for them undecided
Try your luck things grin

Are you telling me? Some of them just want to get under her skirt. Why do they get crazy over a woman's bakkassi and manchester? They immediately hand over their cards and promise her heaven and earth, shaking all over like epileptic leaf. The moment they get tired of her flûîd, they move on to the next victim...and the cycle continues!
Re: Playing hard To Get Is It Necessary? by Nobody: 10:45am On Sep 10, 2013
Long story cut short. A girl who likes you already does so within the first 60 seconds of setting her eyes on you. Her playing "hard to get" depends on the time frame it has taken from the moment she set her eyes on you, to the moment you approached her, in some cases, cos she could accuse you of being hard to get for ignoring her initial "sign".

A girl who likes you will not waste your time. You will see it in her eyes and in her demeanour around you, except you are a dull, aka, a learner.

A girl who wastes your time doesn't really like you, neither does she dislike you. She is just waiting for an action you'll take that will finally tilt her towards "like" or "unlike" for you. So she plays "hard to get".

The one that doesn't like you at all will treat you with disdain from get go.

The ones with the problem are those that don't know what they want. They can't say yes, they can't say no. Always looking for a sign to say yes or no, and when the sign finally comes, the guy's ministry could already be on it's way to the permanent site!

There's nothing like knowing what you want and going for it! Praise tha lord.

3 Likes

Re: Playing hard To Get Is It Necessary? by Mynd44: 10:48am On Sep 10, 2013
uj_sizzle:

Re: Playing hard To Get Is It Necessary? by Caracta(f): 10:51am On Sep 10, 2013
Long story cut short. If she is wasting your "precious" time, cut her off. Don't even bother to wait for a week. Decide within an hour. Or maybe 30 seconds. After all, there are lots of options! Una don hear?
Re: Playing hard To Get Is It Necessary? by Mynd44: 10:52am On Sep 10, 2013
uj_sizzle:
you forget that the best way to know someone is to get close to the person not playing some silly childish games.

You can take time to think about it but that does not help you know about the guy at all. It only leaves you speculating and puts you in more dangerous

Re: Playing hard To Get Is It Necessary? by UjSizzle(f): 10:56am On Sep 10, 2013
sexkillz: Long story cut short. A girl who likes you already does so within the first 60 seconds of setting her eyes on you. Her playing "hard to get" depends on the time frame it has taken from the moment she set her eyes on you, to the moment you approach her, in some cases, cos she could accuse you of being hard to get fro ignoring her initial "sign".

A girl who likes you will not waste your time. You will see it in her eyes and in her demeanour around you, except you are a dull, aka, a learner.

A girl who wastes your time doesn't really like you, neither does she dislike you. She is just waiting for an action you'll take that will finally tilt her towards "like" or "unlike" for you. So she plays "hard to get".

The one that doesn't like you at all will treat you with disdain from get go.

The ones with the problem are those that don't know what they want. They can't say yes, they can't say no. Always looking for a sign to say yes or no, and when the sign finally comes, the guy's ministry could already be on it's way to the permanent site!

There's nothing like knowing what you want and going for it! Praise tha lord.

A girl may like you but still not find you a suitable date material in 60secs undecided

Still......Amen grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ladies What Does It Taste Like To Suck A Dick / Help Needed: Kindly Assist Me Pay My GOTV (N1800) Subscription- Adastacy1 / Some Lies Ladies Tell In A Relationship- Meme Collection

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.