Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,763 members, 7,820,667 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:06 PM

Playing hard To Get Is It Necessary? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Playing hard To Get Is It Necessary? (4875 Views)

When Playing "Hard-To-Get" Goes Too Far?! / Playing Hard To Get- The Pros And Cons? / A Solution Against Girls Playing ''hard To Get'' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Playing hard To Get Is It Necessary? by Mynd44: 10:56am On Sep 10, 2013
Caracta: Long story cut short. If she is wasting your "precious" time, cut her off. Don't even bother to wait for a week. Decide within an hour. Or maybe 30 seconds. After all, there are lots of options! Una don hear?
Funny thing is that a lot of women come to complain that men are not patient and they don't want them to make their mind when lawd knows that their mind is in shambles and it takes weeks to assemble to make a decision
Re: Playing hard To Get Is It Necessary? by Nobody: 10:59am On Sep 10, 2013
uj_sizzle:
A girl may like you but still not find you a suitable date material in 60secs undecided

Still......Amen grin

So every guy that approaches you does so to date you abi? In your mind. tongue
Re: Playing hard To Get Is It Necessary? by UjSizzle(f): 10:59am On Sep 10, 2013
Mynd_44:
you forget that the best way to know someone is to get close to the person not playing some silly childish games.

You can take time to think about it but that does not help you know about the guy at all. It only leaves you speculating and puts you in more dangerous
That's why some ask you to be their friend instead
...but then you complain she just friend zoned you. Or do u suggest she gets into a relationship with you first and then figure out if you're worth it Wat happens when she decides u aint? can she break up peacefully without getting the 'you played with my emotions' slogan? undecided
Re: Playing hard To Get Is It Necessary? by Matthewbriggs(m): 11:01am On Sep 10, 2013
uj_sizzle: Men are like sales rep or marketers looking for a particular customer to show interest in their product.
A woman has many admirers who all want one thing. Now there may be a couple of them she likes already, but that doesn't mean she can jump into a relationship with either of them until she's certain it's worth her while.
That's where the 'thinking' comes in. She needs to weigh the pros and cons of each individual before settling for one.

Guys take their time to study a girl before deciding she's worth claiming...i think you should give her as much time too to make up her mind about you smiley unless you've decided you can handle an emotional wreck then by all means feel free to rush her. Just remember some people are quicker at processing new developments and their emotions than others.
If you think she's worth it all, then please wait for her.

I dig your analysis, I think I need to relax, cut her some slack and try to see the world from her perspective. She is a refined young lady, pretty and with good character and hence has got several admirers. I think she needs to take more time to decide cos I don't need an emotional wreck. My only concern is that I might move on, I hate prolonged suspense it irks me.
Re: Playing hard To Get Is It Necessary? by UjSizzle(f): 11:03am On Sep 10, 2013
sexkillz: So every guy that approaches you does so to date you abi? In your mind. tongue
Maybe not at first, but most eventually do cheesy and some are already hooked with someone, while others just ain't interested or a just gay tongue grin
Re: Playing hard To Get Is It Necessary? by UjSizzle(f): 11:06am On Sep 10, 2013
Matthew briggs:

I dig your analysis, I think I need to relax, cut her some slack and try to see the world from her perspective. She is a refined young lady, pretty and with good character and hence has got several admirers. I think she needs to take more time to decide cos I don't need an emotional wreck. My only concern is that I might move on, I hate prolonged suspense it irks me.
If you don't see the tables tilting on your favour, then by all means move on. I think every sensible woman nurses the thought that a man who has shown interest has the tendency to drift off if stalled for too long smiley
Re: Playing hard To Get Is It Necessary? by Nobody: 11:08am On Sep 10, 2013
uj_sizzle:
Maybe not at first, but most eventually do cheesy and some are already hooked with someone, while others just ain't interested or a just gay tongue grin
And it takes you 60 seconds to determine all that?
Re: Playing hard To Get Is It Necessary? by UjSizzle(f): 11:13am On Sep 10, 2013
sexkillz: And it takes you 60 seconds to determine all that?
You introduced the 60secs time frame not moi mister. I need longer than that to place a dude in any of the categories.
But i'll agree with u on the hostility towards someone not liked at first glance or someone you haven't initially formed an opinion about but who eventually becomes plain annoying smiley
Re: Playing hard To Get Is It Necessary? by Mynd44: 11:15am On Sep 10, 2013
uj_sizzle:
That's why some ask you to be their friend instead
...but then you complain she just friend zoned you. Or do u suggest she gets into a relationship with you first and then figure out if you're worth it Wat happens when she decides u aint? can she break up peacefully without getting the 'you played with my emotions' slogan? undecided
A guy that comes to you with serious intentions would want to be friends with you first. That's also the only way he can to know who you are and what you can do. Most of the guys who complain about being friend zone do so cos they wanna run away fast without anything holding them back
Re: Playing hard To Get Is It Necessary? by Caracta(f): 11:18am On Sep 10, 2013
Mynd_44:
Funny thing is that a lot of women come to complain that men are not patient and they don't want them to make their mind when lawd knows that their mind is in shambles and it takes weeks to assemble to make a decision

Roger that! You can say that. It takes me more than an hour. You meet me along the road, ask me out and expects me to say 'yes' within an hour? Like seriously? Na jazz?

Come on, lets be realistic here. If taking my time to make a good decision portrays me as someone whose mind is in shambles, then I agree. I prefer to be tagged than marred. Personally, I don't like tagging someone along for a long time. I can't be posting you here and there. Taking my time even shows that i'm considering the dude. Some of them get a "no" instantly, with a straight face.
Re: Playing hard To Get Is It Necessary? by Nobody: 11:19am On Sep 10, 2013
uj_sizzle:
You introduced the 60secs time frame not moi mister. I need longer than that to place a dude in any of the categories.
But i'll agree with u on the hostility towards someone not liked at first glance or someone you haven't initially formed an opinion about but who eventually becomes plain annoying smiley
The time frame is basically to decide whether she likes you or not and would want a conversation with you which could lead to friendship or dating or whatever. You can't decide to date someone you like in just 60 seconds, like you earlier said.
Re: Playing hard To Get Is It Necessary? by Caracta(f): 11:21am On Sep 10, 2013
Mynd_44:
A guy that comes to you with serious intentions would want to be friends with you first. That's also the only way he can to know who you are and what you can do. Most of the guys who complain about being friend zone do so cos they wanna run away fast without anything holding them back

Some of you lots don't come with a friendship offer. You want a shortcut. Say yes or be doomed! Hian! No wonder there are so many magas these days. I no dey for that kain thing abeg. To each his own. Nuff said!
Re: Playing hard To Get Is It Necessary? by Mynd44: 11:22am On Sep 10, 2013
uj_sizzle:
what other category of friends do you have apart from these ones you mentioned?

Smh
Re: Playing hard To Get Is It Necessary? by xynerise: 11:24am On Sep 10, 2013
grin

Re: Playing hard To Get Is It Necessary? by Mynd44: 11:25am On Sep 10, 2013
Caracta:

Roger that! You can say that. It takes me more than an hour. You meet me along the road, ask me out and expects me to say 'yes' within an hour? Like seriously? Na jazz?

Come on, lets be realistic here. If taking my time to make a good decision portrays me as someone whose mind is in shambles, then I agree. I prefer to be tagged than marred. Personally, I don't like tagging someone along for a long time. I can't be posting you here and there. Taking my time even shows that i'm considering the dude. Some of them get a "no" instantly, with a straight face.
And who is talking about asking you out in one hour? A guy coming and saying he wants to get to know you better is not asking you out.

Get that
Re: Playing hard To Get Is It Necessary? by Mynd44: 11:26am On Sep 10, 2013
Caracta:

Some of you lots don't come with a friendship offer. You want a shortcut. Say yes or be doomed! Hian! No wonder there are so many magas these days. I no dey for that kain thing abeg. To each his own. Nuff said!
That's something else entirely abeg
Re: Playing hard To Get Is It Necessary? by UjSizzle(f): 11:27am On Sep 10, 2013
sexkillz: The time frame is basically to decide whether she likes you or not and would want a conversation with you which could lead to friendship or dating or whatever. You can't decide to date someone you like in just 60 seconds, like you earlier said.
Ok...good. Atleast we're on the same page now smiley
Re: Playing hard To Get Is It Necessary? by Nobody: 11:28am On Sep 10, 2013
Some guys/girls like it, they like the idea of 'earning' and 'proving' that he/she isn't easy so I guess in this case it works. If you're going to play hard to get, interest at least needs to have been garnered at first so do it when you already have his/her attention but don't take the piss. On the other hand some don't and you just end up pushing them away to be honest. Everyone is different.

I agree with not necessarily playing hard to get but rather not giving too much away, not throwing yourself at anyone and coming across as desperate.
Re: Playing hard To Get Is It Necessary? by Nobody: 11:29am On Sep 10, 2013
uj_sizzle:
Ok...good. Atleast we're on the same page now smiley
a-ca-interesting. cheesy
Re: Playing hard To Get Is It Necessary? by Caracta(f): 11:31am On Sep 10, 2013
Mynd_44:
And who is talking about asking you out in one hour? A guy coming and saying he wants to get to know you better is not asking you out.

Get that

Biko, I don't have power. We are talking about the waiting period to answer a guy's advances. We make friends everyday. Forming over friendship is childish. Who needs time to make acquaintances? But you saying girls who take their time to make important decisions have shambled minds is totally out of it. I know you are a genius and you are fast to make perfect decisions. You do not own their minds. Stop playing the part of jury, judge and executioner in one piece.

Again I say, to each his own!

As for the girls who post guys with no intention to date them or just because they want to start forming Nora Roberts, smh for you. Before you blink your eyes, that dude would go meet another girl. Be careful. Take your time but don't take forever. Some mistakes are dangerous. Shine your eyes. Be smart. If you like him, go for him.

1 Like

Re: Playing hard To Get Is It Necessary? by xynerise: 11:34am On Sep 10, 2013
Caracta:

Biko, I don't have power. We are talking about the waiting period to answer a guy's advances. We make friends everyday. Forming over friendship is childish. Who needs time to make acquaintances? But you saying girls who take their time to make important decisions have shambled minds is totally out of it. I know you are a genius and you are fast to make perfect decisions. You do not own their minds. Stop playing the part of jury, judge and executioner in one piece.

Again I say, to each his own!

As for the girls who post guys with no intention to date them or just because they want to start forming Nora Roberts, smh for you. Before you blink your eyes, that dude would go meet another girl. Be careful. Take your time but don't take forever. Some mistakes are dangerous. Shine your eyes. Be smart. If you like him, go for him.
Yet you post rhymez? grin
Re: Playing hard To Get Is It Necessary? by Matthewbriggs(m): 11:35am On Sep 10, 2013
Caracta:

Are you telling me? Some of them just want to get under her skirt. Why do they get crazy over a woman's bakkassi and manchester? They immediately hand over their cards and promise her heaven and earth, shaking all over like epileptic leaf. The moment they get tired of her flûîd, they move on to the next victim...and the cycle continues!

Thank goodness you used the word "some". Because some of us no send or get crazy over bakassi or Manchester. We are more interested in the intrinsic value she carries. Because we know say one day the bakassi and Manchester go become like slippers.
Re: Playing hard To Get Is It Necessary? by UjSizzle(f): 11:36am On Sep 10, 2013
Mynd_44:
what other category of friends do you have apart from these ones you mentioned?

Smh
I have those that just love me as much as i suck too smiley

Btw some guys love the chase sha, so those who don't enjoy it pls feel free to vamoose grin
Re: Playing hard To Get Is It Necessary? by Caracta(f): 11:36am On Sep 10, 2013
xynerise:
Yet you post rhymez? grin

grin grin grin I said yes to him within 60 seconds. Ask him tongue
Re: Playing hard To Get Is It Necessary? by Caracta(f): 11:38am On Sep 10, 2013
Matthew briggs:

Thank goodness you used the word "some". Because some of us no send or get crazy over bakassi or Manchester. We are more interested in the intrinsic value she carries. Because we know say one day the bakassi and Manchester go become like slippers.

Lol...I hate to generalize. I know there are reasonable men out there. Errrmmm...not all Manchesters will be like slippers o. There is even plastic surgery sef tongue
Re: Playing hard To Get Is It Necessary? by Mynd44: 11:38am On Sep 10, 2013
uj_sizzle:
I have those that just love me as much as i suck too smiley

Btw some guys love the chase sha, so those who don't enjoy it pls feel free to vamoose grin
They can love you and not be interested in dating you you know. The fact that a guy likes you does not mean he wants to date you.
Re: Playing hard To Get Is It Necessary? by xynerise: 11:39am On Sep 10, 2013
Caracta:

grin grin grin I said yes to him within 60 seconds. Ask him tongue
I hear u grin. Dey there dey form Julia Roberts, Rhymez send me one Oyibo girl pics yesterday. E say na his.......erm.... coursemate grin
Re: Playing hard To Get Is It Necessary? by xynerise: 11:41am On Sep 10, 2013
Caracta:

Lol...I hate to generalize. I know there are reasonable men out there. Errrmmm...not all Manchesters will be like slippers o. There is even plastic surgery sef tongue
What would a man gain in a ''Plastic'' brea'st? grin
Re: Playing hard To Get Is It Necessary? by Caracta(f): 11:43am On Sep 10, 2013
xynerise:
I hear u grin. Dey there dey form Julia Roberts, Rhymez send me one Oyibo girl pics yesterday. E say na his.......erm.... coursemate grin

Rhymez that I saw at Ikeja last weekend. How did he fly? tongue
Re: Playing hard To Get Is It Necessary? by Caracta(f): 11:43am On Sep 10, 2013
xynerise:
What would a man gain in a ''Plastic'' brea'st? grin

Comfort cool
Re: Playing hard To Get Is It Necessary? by UjSizzle(f): 11:45am On Sep 10, 2013
Mynd_44:
They can love you and not be interested in dating you you know. The fact that a guy likes you does not mean he wants to date you.
Didn't i already say that??
I said there are some who aint interested...read again.
Re: Playing hard To Get Is It Necessary? by xynerise: 11:46am On Sep 10, 2013
Caracta:

Rhymez that I saw at Ikeja last weekend. How did he fly? tongue
At MMA I guess?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

He Washed My Undies Because He Wants Sex / Am I Ugly? / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.