Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,322 members, 7,815,625 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:30 PM

Playing hard To Get Is It Necessary? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Playing hard To Get Is It Necessary? (4868 Views)

When Playing "Hard-To-Get" Goes Too Far?! / Playing Hard To Get- The Pros And Cons? / A Solution Against Girls Playing ''hard To Get'' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Playing hard To Get Is It Necessary? by Matthewbriggs(m): 9:54pm On Sep 09, 2013
I don't think it is necessary to play hard to get especially in this 21st Century. When Men not Boys are getting scarce.

I understand the desire not to look cheap and all. But I believe if you see what you want and you like him and that person likes you why running in circles.

Personally this attitude turns me off very quickly. It tells me you still have some growing up to do, have no clear understanding of what you really want, and don't deserve my attention. This attitude is prevalent with not all but majority of women in their early 20's I think this maybe because of their lack in experience and the overwhelming attention they get from several guys.

I am not against this attitude but just be weary of the kind of guys you use it on. To some guys it might be a turn on, it's a sign that they need to try harder.

To guys like me who know what they really want, think long term and careless about the container that houses your soul. To guys like me who by default are spoilt with so many options but decide to focus our energy on you, this attitude turns us off. We just take it that you're not interested and off we go and once we are gone, we are gone. Our time is of essence.

To the ladies why do you play hard to get?
To the Guys are you the type that never gives up, or give up easily?

3 Likes

Re: Playing hard To Get Is It Necessary? by guyANDROID1: 10:06pm On Sep 09, 2013
Asking a girl out is like a game to them, this is something I've discover long ago.
Just be yourself cuz girls like dis. Once they see u r confident enough to approach them, then they play on you little to knw your stand.

So don't get fvvking pissed off....
Re: Playing hard To Get Is It Necessary? by Caracta(f): 10:11pm On Sep 09, 2013
Sometimes, we need to process your advances and weigh our options. I bet you didn't ask us out the moment you liked us. You thought of it and the best approach. "Should i talk to her? What if she doesn't like me? Is she really a good girl? etc." And this is not for all those "hit and run" guys.

So please, let us take our time. You know how emotional we can be. We love to hold on to ours.

However, playing hard to get for a long time, posting the guy here and there, is childish. If you don't like him, let him go. If you do, grab him! Stop stalling cheesy

7 Likes

Re: Playing hard To Get Is It Necessary? by Matthewbriggs(m): 10:12pm On Sep 09, 2013
guy ANDROID: Asking a girl out is like a game to them, this is something I've discover long ago.
Just be yourself cuz girls like dis. Once they see u r confident enough to approach them, then they play on you little to knw your stand.

So don't get fvvking pissed off....

That's the twist, I hate games. I lay my cards straight on the table after carrying out my due diligence of wooing her, expecting a yes or No, not a maybe. Especially when I know she really digs me. I hate mixed signals. I dislike been kept in limbo.
Re: Playing hard To Get Is It Necessary? by Matthewbriggs(m): 10:17pm On Sep 09, 2013
Caracta: Sometimes, we need to process your advances and weigh our options. I bet you didn't ask us out the moment you liked us. You thought of it and the best approach. "Should i talk to her? What if she doesn't like me? Is she really a good girl? etc." And this is not for all those "hit and run" guys.

So please, let us take our time. You know how emotional we can be. We love to hold on to ours.

However, playing hard to get for a long time, posting the guy here and there, is childish. If you don't like him, let him go. If you do, grab him! Stop stalling cheesy

Very well said Caracta. I see cool
Re: Playing hard To Get Is It Necessary? by Caracta(f): 10:20pm On Sep 09, 2013
Matthew briggs:

Very well said Caracta. I see cool

I see too tongue
Re: Playing hard To Get Is It Necessary? by Matthewbriggs(m): 10:27pm On Sep 09, 2013
Caracta:

I see too tongue
cheesy Lol, Una sabi give man pikin sleepless night. Kai
Re: Playing hard To Get Is It Necessary? by Waspy(m): 10:41pm On Sep 09, 2013
Spot on OP.... Seems some ladies just love to savor the novelty and wallow in the euphoria that some Prince Charming fancies them. They love the 'feeling' and dont want it to end any sooner. But Abraham Lincoln's balls for those ladies that flash both Red and Green lights sha o. They piss a man off
Re: Playing hard To Get Is It Necessary? by Danhumprey: 10:44pm On Sep 09, 2013
I agree with Caracta. Though at times,such behaviour piss me off. Imagine having the courage to approach a gal,start a conversation with,espressing your heart to her and after going through all these only for the gal to tell you "I would think about it". What rubbish! For 6 to 12 months,that same gal is till thinking about it!
Re: Playing hard To Get Is It Necessary? by Caracta(f): 10:51pm On Sep 09, 2013
grin grin grin

Make una no vex na. Nothing good comes easy tongue All you do, you do for love. Can i get a witness? grin
Re: Playing hard To Get Is It Necessary? by daisyella: 10:53pm On Sep 09, 2013
lolzz, I personally think its childish, if a guy asks u out and u like him, why pretend about it when u know sooner or later, u'll still agree. but sometimes girls play hard to get cos dey r tired of heartbreaks and wanna c how serious d guy is.
Re: Playing hard To Get Is It Necessary? by Nobody: 11:07pm On Sep 09, 2013
Matthew briggs:
cheesy Lol, Una sabi give man pikin sleepless night. Kai
.volume 5
Re: Playing hard To Get Is It Necessary? by Nobody: 11:10pm On Sep 09, 2013
Caracta: grin grin grin

Make una no vex na. Nothing good comes easy tongue All you do, you do for love. Can i get a witness? grin

preach on preacher... say what!

1 Like

Re: Playing hard To Get Is It Necessary? by Nobody: 11:12pm On Sep 09, 2013
good girls dont play hard to get....

you get a straight response in weeks. positive or negative. emotional bargage makes a lady pile up admirers on queue so she can easily dump one for another and make all of them look cheap...
Re: Playing hard To Get Is It Necessary? by SLIDEwaxie(m): 11:13pm On Sep 09, 2013
If only guys can be like me, ladies will grow grey hairs without a single marriage proposal!
Re: Playing hard To Get Is It Necessary? by Odunharry(m): 11:29pm On Sep 09, 2013
tink abt ansas mak dm no already....y waste a guys tym or mak us go thru alot of tinz 4 an ansa...

I value tym alot and i go 4 wat i want..if afta sm weeks i dnt get any respnse..ON TO D NEXT
Re: Playing hard To Get Is It Necessary? by Odunharry(m): 11:31pm On Sep 09, 2013

and e na sure if she go say yes o
Re: Playing hard To Get Is It Necessary? by Nobody: 11:40pm On Sep 09, 2013
Bwahahaha
Dude get in line grin
Grow old ko?if all ladies grow old without marriage proposal from men
So tell us,who are you gonna marry then?
Ur fellow man?
Just suck it up and wait ur turn wink
SLIDE waxie: If only guys can be like me, ladies will grow grey hairs without a single marriage proposal!
Re: Playing hard To Get Is It Necessary? by OmoAlata1(f): 11:52pm On Sep 09, 2013
there are men who play hard to get too, not just ladies. I used to love the game of going after men who play hard to get, but I am over it now
Re: Playing hard To Get Is It Necessary? by Nobody: 2:07am On Sep 10, 2013
Yes,it is necessary and romantic within matured limit !!!

When it is being child-like or I Aint ur levels mofo attitude by I gaz 2 belong pako girls or rotten ajebo girl, drop the mofo of a girl and match 2 the next one !!!

Hard2get also occur in marriage .....like hubbyNwiffy actually knows whats comin ......... But wiffy made U drop some lines before U set-off on the journey,if u ever wanna have a smooth ride ......!!!
Re: Playing hard To Get Is It Necessary? by Gudintent: 6:23am On Sep 10, 2013
This ish only happens when men woo girls just out of pampers.

You want the real deal you approach a real woman, if you know you are not a boi then step up your game and be the man a real woman need.

Ain't no woman gat time for men who act like bois.

Peace.
Re: Playing hard To Get Is It Necessary? by Mynd44: 7:21am On Sep 10, 2013
A woman actually knows if she likes a guy or not from the first one hour he talks to her. She already knows if she will change her mind or not. The rest is just to disturb you and grease her silly ego which the guys are too happy to do.

She already knows her answer and the guy is just some pawn in some silly childish games girls (note not women) play in the name of making their minds

1 Like

Re: Playing hard To Get Is It Necessary? by onyenro(m): 7:29am On Sep 10, 2013
continue to play hard to get when ur mates are getting married every saturday... I met the lady of my dreams....told her my intentions cos i was not in for 5 to 10years dating thing...she agreed and soon, we will tie the knots. Playing hard to get is no longer in vogue. Besides the economy is not smiling on most youths today. If he shares your dreams and you can compliment his efforts...my dear just say a YES!!

1 Like

Re: Playing hard To Get Is It Necessary? by Enegod(m): 7:37am On Sep 10, 2013
mature ladies don't play hard to get...only little broke aSss girls do
Re: Playing hard To Get Is It Necessary? by Mynd44: 7:40am On Sep 10, 2013
Enegod: mature ladies don't play hard to get...only little broke aSss girls do
Hold out as long as possible to see what they can get out of the relationship
Re: Playing hard To Get Is It Necessary? by Enegod(m): 7:46am On Sep 10, 2013
Mynd_44:
Hold out as long as possible to see what they can get out of the relationship
thats just it
Re: Playing hard To Get Is It Necessary? by Mynd44: 8:26am On Sep 10, 2013
Enegod: thats just it
But they would love to come out here and deny it cos they are trying to weigh their options
Re: Playing hard To Get Is It Necessary? by Matthewbriggs(m): 8:42am On Sep 10, 2013
Omo_Alata: there are men who play hard to get too, not just ladies. I used to love the game of going after men who play hard to get, but I am over it now

It looks like karma has caught up with me. I am now in the receiving end. And it sucks.
Re: Playing hard To Get Is It Necessary? by Matthewbriggs(m): 8:45am On Sep 10, 2013
Mynd_44: A woman actually knows if she likes a guy or not from the first one hour he talks to her. She already knows if she will change her mind or not. The rest is just to disturb you and grease her silly ego which the guys are too happy to do.

She already knows her answer and the guy is just some pawn in some silly childish games girls (note not women) play in the name of making their minds

Very true.
Re: Playing hard To Get Is It Necessary? by playdude(m): 8:55am On Sep 10, 2013

You guys are jokers sincerely speaking.
I've discovered that those so called hard to get are empty headed beings who lose savour and taste after they finally oblige you but those simple to get are really the loaded ones.
There's a girl that held me on for 3 Whole Months just to get a number, today, i don't pick her calls again because i saw she wasn't worth the chase. I'm tired of her, she is now d one chasing. I try to annoy her and just get her off my back. I won't stop untill i simplyput her off.
Hard to get equals Trying to be who you are not.

5 Likes

Re: Playing hard To Get Is It Necessary? by fxbot: 8:56am On Sep 10, 2013
gringringringringringrin
SLIDE waxie: If only guys can be like me, ladies will grow grey hairs without a single marriage proposal!
Re: Playing hard To Get Is It Necessary? by playdude(m): 9:01am On Sep 10, 2013
fxbot: gringringringringringrin
Wikkid......

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Yoruba Girls Or Igbo Girls / So Mimzy And Samted Are Gone. Why? / Can You Date A Girl That Does This ???

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.