Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,124 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:30 AM

Some Of Pastor E.A Adeboye's Testimonies - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Some Of Pastor E.A Adeboye's Testimonies (56429 Views)

Poll: Are these testimonies real?

Yes: 85% (126 votes)
No: 14% (21 votes)
This poll has ended

Pastor E.A Adeboye Is A Murderer – Kemi Olunloyo / What Kind Of Pastor Is This? / Video Of Pastor Caught Pants Down Trying To Sleep With A Married Woman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Some Of Pastor E.A Adeboye's Testimonies by winnteam(m): 8:23pm On Jun 19, 2008
I thought Seun had locked this post.

What the wisdom in unlocking it?
Re: Some Of Pastor E.A Adeboye's Testimonies by oyarose(f): 8:28pm On Jun 19, 2008
i claim all the blessings attached with this testimonies in d name of JESUS,and i ll have cause to return back to nairaland and testify. smiley cool grin
Re: Some Of Pastor E.A Adeboye's Testimonies by chy4luv: 8:28pm On Jun 19, 2008
Whatever u say shall be used against you
on the judgement day.so be careful ohhhh.
i no come hereoooooooooooooooooo.
Re: Some Of Pastor E.A Adeboye's Testimonies by tpia: 8:33pm On Jun 19, 2008
Nigerians don come be that oh undecided undecided undecided undecided

anyone who wants to believe, should believe.

anyone who wants to doubt should doubt without people threatening fire and brimstone.

maybe Nigeria, instead of the middle east, was the birthplace of religion.
Re: Some Of Pastor E.A Adeboye's Testimonies by AKO1(m): 8:36pm On Jun 19, 2008
Mr fyneguy if you and everyone else cannot substantially validate your claims then shut the hell up!!

Im neither a member of RCCG nor a fan of Adeboye; I speak objectively.
Re: Some Of Pastor E.A Adeboye's Testimonies by Toks2008(m): 8:49pm On Jun 19, 2008
shocked
Re: Some Of Pastor E.A Adeboye's Testimonies by redsun(m): 9:36pm On Jun 19, 2008
Delusion,this kind stories they feed children,little wonder they grow with twisted minds and brains.Imagine a so-called educated and well travelled man like adeboye telling cork and bull stories like this,that is if he said it.

Fairytales.Do people like him ever wonder how and why we are able to communicate the way we do,internet,telephones and stuffs,even the common micro phone and speakers they use in churches?With mindsets like this,it is just unimaginable and unless we begin to see the world in a mathematical form that it is,we can never make a head way,miracles are in our hands.
Re: Some Of Pastor E.A Adeboye's Testimonies by Nobody: 9:42pm On Jun 19, 2008
I do not think any Christian should be quickly moved by real/imaginary miracles. These spirits should be THOROUGHLY tested.

Matthew 7:22 - 23 =>

22 Many will say to me on that day, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name? Did we not drive out demons in your name? Did we not do mighty deeds in your name?'

23 Then I will declare to them solemnly, 'I never knew you. Depart from me, you evildoers.'
Re: Some Of Pastor E.A Adeboye's Testimonies by mellow(m): 9:44pm On Jun 19, 2008
May God forgive mw for reading the nonsense typed

by people who don't beleive in the power and might

of God.
[/color][color=#990000]
Re: Some Of Pastor E.A Adeboye's Testimonies by Nobody: 9:46pm On Jun 19, 2008
mellow:

May God forgive mw for reading the nonsense typed

by people who don't beleive in the power and might

of God.
[/color][color=#990000]

I suggest you go and meditate on the real meaning of Jesus' words.

Matthew 7:22 - 23 =>

22 Many will say to me on that day, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name? Did we not drive out demons in your name? Did we not do mighty deeds in your name?'

23 Then I will declare to them solemnly, 'I never knew you. Depart from me, you evildoers.'

==============
Remember that Pharaoh's magicians could also convert sticks to snakes, like Moses, God's prophet.
Also, the witch of Endor invoked the soul of Prophet Samuel --- much to the anger of God Himself.
Re: Some Of Pastor E.A Adeboye's Testimonies by Nobody: 9:57pm On Jun 19, 2008
More food for thought.

------------------------------------
THE DISCERNMENT OF SPIRITS
=====================
The Divine Spirit

The following characteristics are general signs of the divine spirit.

1. Truth. God is truth and cannot inspire anything but truth in a soul. If a person believed to be inspired by God, therefore, maintains opinions that are manifestly against revealed truth, the infallible teaching of the Church, or proven theology or philosophy or science, it must be concluded that the individual is deluded by the devil or is the victim of excessive imagination or faulty reasoning.

2. Gravity. God is never the cause of things that are useless, futile, frivolous, or impertinent. When his spirit moves a soul it is always for something serious and beneficial.

3. Enlightenment, Although one may not always understand the meaning of an inspiration from God, the effect of any divine movement or impulse is always enlightenment and certitude rather than darkness and confusion. This is true both for the effects on the individual who receives the inspiration and its effects on others.

4. Docility. Souls that are moved by the spirit of God accept cheerfully the advice and counsel of their directors or others who have authority over them. This spirit of obedience, docility, and submission is one of the clearest signs that a particular inspiration or movement is from God. This is especially true in the case of the educated, who have a greater tendency to be attached to their own opinions.

5. Discretion. The spirit of God makes the soul discreet, prudent, and thoughtful in all its actions. There is nothing of precipitation, lightness, exaggeration, or impetuosity; all is well balanced, edifying, serious, and full of calmness and peace.

6. Humility. The Holy Spirit always fills the soul with sentiments of humility and self-effacement. The loftier the communications from on high, the more profoundly the soul inclines to the abyss of its own nothingness. Mary said, "I am the servant of the Lord. Let it be done to me as you say" (Luke 1:38).

7. Peace. St. Paul speaks frequently of the peace that comes from God (Rom. 15:33, Phil. 4:9), and Jesus mentions peace as one of the manifestations of his spirit (John 14:27). This is a quality that always accompanies communications from God; the soul experiences a profound and stable serenity in the depths of its spirit.

8. Confidence in God. This is a counterpart and necessary consequence of true humility. Recognizing that of itself it can do nothing, as St. Paul says,.the soul throws itself on the power and mercy of God with a childlike trust. Then it learns that it can do all things in him (Phil. 4:13).

9. Flexibility of will. This sign consists primarily in a certain promptness of the will to subject itself to the inspirations and invitations of God. Secondarily it consists in a facility in following the advice and counsel of others, especially if they are superiors, confessors, or spiritual directors. It is opposed to the rigid and unyielding will that is characteristic of those who are filled with self-love.

10. Purity of intention. The soul seeks only the glory of God in all that it does and the perfect fulfillment of the will of God, without human interest or motivation out of self-love.

11. Patience in suffering. Suffering is frequently the best touchstone for revealing the true worth of an individual. No matter what the source of the suffering, or whether it is justly received or not, the soul bears it with patience and equanimity and uses it as a means of further perfection.

12. Self-abnegation. The words of Christ himself are sufficient evidence that this is a sign of the spirit of God: "If anyone wants to be a follower of mine, let him renounce himself and take up his cross and follow me" (Matt. 16:24).

13. Simplicity. Together with veracity and sincerity, this characteristic is never lacking in those who are truly motivated by the spirit of God. Any duplicity, arrogance, hypocrisy, or vanity must be attributed rather to the spirit of the devil, the father of lies.

14. Liberty of spirit. First of all, there is no attachment to any created thing, not even to, the gifts received from God. Second, all is accepted from the hands of God with gratitude and humility, whether it be a question of consolation or trial. Third, while all duties and spiritual exercises are performed with promptness and punctuality, the soul is ready to leave even the most consoling and profitable exercise as soon as the charity of God calls it elsewhere. Liberty of spirit enables the soul to live in a state of constant joy and eagerness for the things of God.

15. Desire to imitate Christ. St. Paul says that it is impossible to have the spirit of God without having the spirit of Christ (Rom. 8:9). For that reason St. John of the Cross states that the soul that aspires to perfection must have a desire to imitate Christ in all things by conforming its life as much as possible to his.

16. Disinterested love. We mean by this kind of love all the characteristics St. Paul attributes to true charity (1 Cor. 13:4-7).

================================================================
## ##
================================================================

Signs of the Diabolical Spirit.
The devil may disguise himself as a good spirit and even cause what appears to be authentic mystical phenomena, it is helpful to mention briefly the various signs of the diabolical spirit.

1. Spirit of falsity. The devil is the father of lies, but he cleverly conceals his deceit by half-truths and pseudo-mystical phenomena.

2. Morbid curiosity. This is characteristic of those who eagerly seek out the esoteric aspects of mystical phenomena or have a fascination for the occult or preternatural.

3. Confusion, anxiety, and deep depression.

4. Obstinacy. One of the surest signs of a diabolical spirit.

5. Constant indiscretion and a restless spirit. Those who constantly go to extremes, as in penitential exercises or apostolic activity; or neglect their primary obligations to do some personally chosen work.

6. Spirit of pride and vanity. Very anxious to publicize their gifts of grace and mystical experiences.

7. False humility. This is the disguise for their pride and self-love.

8. Despair, lack of confidence, and discouragement. A chronic characteristic that alternates with presumption, vain security, and un-' founded optimism.

9. Disobedience and hardness of heart.

10. Impatience in suffering and stubborn resentment.

11. Uncontrolled passions and strong inclination to sensuality, usually under the guise of mystical union.

12. Hypocrisy, simulation, and duplicity.

13. Excessive attachment to sensible consolations, particularly in their practice of prayer.

14. Lack of deep devotion to Jesus/God

15. Scrupulous adherence to the letter of the law and fanatical zeal in promoting a cause. This characteristic readily opens the door to diabolical influence in reformers and demagogues.
Re: Some Of Pastor E.A Adeboye's Testimonies by shinystar(m): 10:29pm On Jun 19, 2008
My problem with Nigerians is they tell us not to query religious things. Please give me a break. Let us hold our church leaders to accountability. If we can't we have no business asking government officials for accountability. Or are they less human?
Re: Some Of Pastor E.A Adeboye's Testimonies by AKO1(m): 10:37pm On Jun 19, 2008
shinystar:

My problem with Nigerians is they tell us not to query religious things. Please give me a break. Let us hold our church leaders to accountability. If we can't we have no business asking government officials for accountability. Or are they less human?

No, but when we criticize without query without proof or evidence it is wrong.
Re: Some Of Pastor E.A Adeboye's Testimonies by dan6019(m): 10:43pm On Jun 19, 2008
jydeboy,

it is my prayer for you that it will not be too late for you before realising your folly, you either repent or perish. there is wisdom in keeping a mouth shut than to bring wrath of God on one.

a word is enough for the wise.
Re: Some Of Pastor E.A Adeboye's Testimonies by tpia: 12:05am On Jun 20, 2008
dan6019:

jydeboy,

it is my prayer for you that it will not be too late for you before realising your folly, you either repent or perish. there is wisdom in keeping a mouth shut than to bring wrath of God on one.

a word is enough for the wise.

If Jesus himself didnt rain down curses on ORDINARY people who questioned him, or even on doubting Thomas, may I ask why you feel entitled to do so?

Surely you can't be holier than Jesus?

To the best of my knowledge, he had more problems with religious Pharisees?
Re: Some Of Pastor E.A Adeboye's Testimonies by Dosman(m): 12:14am On Jun 20, 2008
Haabaa! This na common sense now a boy who has never spoke b4 will say those thngs u claimed he said clearly.
Na serious waa 4 una.
Re: Some Of Pastor E.A Adeboye's Testimonies by gabelogan(m): 1:12am On Jun 20, 2008
nigerians are at it again, blind loyalty. almost everyone here is claiming to be "religious". i'm a christian, albeit not a fanatical one and i implore christians to open their eyes and ears and stop this character of blind loyalty especially to their so called pastors, GO's, daddy and mummy, etc's. and i want to clearly state that i dont have anything against adeboye, in fact i really admire him mainly because of his humility but the present situation in the church today is really enough to cause concern.
pastors nowadays live lavish lives, go around in convoys and have bodyguards, sleep with members of the congregation, beat up their wives, divorce and do all sorts of things and nigerians just follow blindy, without criticism. then they quote the scriptures and tell you that it is a sin to blasphem. its thesame blind loyalty that reverend king's followers had and now where is he?
christians are supposed to be christ-like, and in being christ like, they have to extol the virtues of Jesus christ. Jesus never rolled in a convoy, he had disciples not bodyguards, he never wore expensive suits/robes and curled his hair, he never set up schools and charged exhorbitant fees. in fact, it was recorded that all Jesus had was his robe, his comb and his plate for drinking water. the opposite is what we see nowadays in our so called pastors and GO's
is it a coincidence that there is an explosion in the number of pentecostal churches springing up daily and there is an increase in the level of poverty in nigeria. the pastors keeps getting richer and the congregation poorer. these so called pastors have built schools with the congregations money and yet majority of the people who attend their churches cant afford to go to these schools. Most of these so-called pastors are self-serving thats why they thrive on prosperity preaching alone. the real christians are the missionaries who left europe and other part of the world to come to harsh and uncomfortable places just to preach the word of God, the people you would find at the warfront helping women and children, those at the orphanages and villages not those (mis)quoting the bible to remind you of how compulsory your tithe is and shouting in church every sunday that you should hold your offering up (i believe this is a delibrate scheme to coerce people to offer more because naturally people who intend to offer a small amount will be ashamed to raise their offerings)
Nigerians, please open your eyes
Re: Some Of Pastor E.A Adeboye's Testimonies by innoman: 3:00am On Jun 20, 2008
i believe in the awesome power of God to do everything through His annointed ones but all glory should b returned to Him n Him alone, afterall Jesus once said ''those who believe in Him can do greater things cos , ''. I focuse my attention on God , "looking unto Jesus the author n, " n not on any man. God is the greatest Judge let us not Judge any body, Pastors included cos u may incur the curse of GOD if U curse His truly annointed ones,
My earnest conclusion ''GOd can Do exceedingly more than all those GO claims, then the veracity of those claims does not disturb me"
Re: Some Of Pastor E.A Adeboye's Testimonies by baby4u2(f): 5:55am On Jun 20, 2008
you guys they were prayer points at the end of those testimonies. If you dont believe, you dont have to drag everybody down with you, atleast pray. All some of you can do is to claim to be liberals. That one is your business, if you dont believe get to stepping.
Re: Some Of Pastor E.A Adeboye's Testimonies by seyibrown(f): 7:32am On Jun 20, 2008
[b]@ jydeboy and the likes of him

There are 'Men of God' and there are 'men who pretend to be of God'!

There are 'miracles' and there is 'deceit'!

I have experienced both in my life!

My father joined a 'fake church' round about 1996. It took him 10 years to realise he was in the wrong place. The 'fake church' has juju as it's backbone. It was 10 years of slavery. The 'pastor' has been sending death threats to my family since my father left the 'fake church'. He does that to every member that leaves the 'fake church'. Most people who leave meet violent deaths within 4 months of leaving. Una no wan hear the whole story about that 'fake church' o!

I have never met  Pastor Adeboye, but while at Uni, I attended RCCG students fellowship. Those years at Uni opened my eyes to 'the power and might that is is the name of JESUS CHRIST. I experienced it first hand. I prayed and things happenned. I still pray and things still happen. I highly revere Pastor Adeboye!

I have got proof of miracles in my life and in the lives of those around me!

Can you prove that there have been no miracles in your life and the lives of those around you?[/b]
Re: Some Of Pastor E.A Adeboye's Testimonies by opokonwa(m): 7:53am On Jun 20, 2008
This has quickly become one of the most interesting threads on Nairaland tongue
Re: Some Of Pastor E.A Adeboye's Testimonies by ogbeisioma: 8:01am On Jun 20, 2008
@jydeboy
The holy scriptures says in Psalm 14:1 "the fool hath saith in his heart that there's no God, "  If you doubt any of these miracles then sorry for you. But I pray that the greatest miracle will happen to you by coming in contact with the saving Christ. Only then will you realize how true these things can be. I say this because I am a living testimony of God's divine power of miracle to His children. God delivered me from the dreaded terminal disease: kidney failure. He not only kept me alive for close to eight years before my transplant, He also provided the close to about 7 million naira for this to be carried out in Far away Pakistan. Also note that I come from a  very humble background where even 100,000 naira is like 100 million naira. So change that thinking of yours. I am also sure you're in need of a miracle and probably because it hasn't come you're doubting. Bro. GOD IS INDEED REAL AND HE IS UNFATHOMABLE.
check www.isiomakidneyfoundation.i8.com to read my story
Re: Some Of Pastor E.A Adeboye's Testimonies by abasifo(m): 9:06am On Jun 20, 2008
who justifies the wicked, and he who condemns the just, both of them alike are an abomination to the LORD” (Proverbs 17:150

But for one to find out what is true or false they must look into matter and hear both sides before they make a final judgment. “The heart of the prudent acquires knowledge, and the ear of the wise seeks knowledge” (Proverbs 18:15).

In a time of catchy phrases and clichés', Christians can be no different. What does the Bible mean when it says not to touch God’s anointed? It’s not my opinion or yours that matters; but what God’s Word have to say about this that really counts? I certainly wish the people that repeat this phrase would read it in its context, 'the Lord's anointed', is a reference to the kings of the nation of Israel (1Sam. 12:3,5; 24:6,10; 26:9,11, 16,23; 2 Sam. 1:14,16; 19:21; Psalm 20:6; Lam. 4:20). The mention of prophets, is a reference to the patriarchs (Psalm 105:8-15; 1Chron. 16:15-22). It is used exclusively in the Old Testament.
Ps 105:11-15 Saying, “To you I will give the land of Canaan as the allotment of your inheritance,” When they were few in number, indeed very few, and strangers in it. When they went from one nation to another, from one kingdom to another people, “He permitted no one to do them wrong; yes, He rebuked kings for their sakes, Saying, “Do not touch My anointed ones, and do My prophets no harm.” Notice in this Scripture that God protected His anointed (who was Israel) and His prophets from the enemies of Israel to bring physical harm.

The first thing one should notice is that the word touch actually means physical harm. What it does not mean is saying something about another person publicly that is true. How do we know this? Because that's exactly what David did about Saul. It was David who said he would not harm God’s anointed, who was King Saul at the time but He spoke out publicly about him.

Not only David, but Samuel “touched God's anointed,” as he spoke out against the kings disobedience. God told Saul to “Smite Amalek, and utterly destroy all that they have, and spare them not, ” (1 Sam. 15:3). But instead, he spoke a half truth and “spared the best of the sheep and of the oxen, to sacrifice unto the Lord, ” (v.15). Samuel said it was rebellion like witchcraft and idolatry (v.24). Because he did not obey the Word of the Lord he would be removed being king. Saul admitted he feared the people and obeyed their voice. What a crucial thing to learn of Saul who was God's anointed.

In1 Sam.16:13-16 we find David who was shepherd boy was anointed before God took away Saul’s position. David refused to touch Saul physically but it didn’t stop him from telling everyone the truth about him publicly.

David not raising his hand to touch (harm physically) God’s anointed is used in 1 Sam.26:9,11,23. Look at 1 Sam.26:11: tells us that David would not stretch his hand out to touch him (harm him); instead he sneaked up and took Saul’s spear and water jug. In verse 15 David rebukes Abner for not guarding Saul and says he deserved to die. Saul hears the commotion and comes out, and David rebukes Saul before all his troops, asking why he is pursuing David’s life since he is innocent -- that the king has come out to seek a flea. Saul then repented for his rash behavior and called himself a fool. David returned Saul’s possessions and said, “For the Lord delivered you into my hand but I would not stretch out my hand against the Lord’s anointed.” Notice what this means, not to bring physical harm.

1 Samuel 24:10 “Look, this day your eyes have seen that the LORD delivered you today into my hand in the cave, and someone urged me to kill you. But my eye spared you, and I said, ‘I will not stretch out my hand against my lord, for he is the Lord's anointed.” “And David said to Abishai, “Do not destroy him; for who can stretch out his hand against the Lord's anointed, and be guiltless?”(1 Sam. 26:9)

Saul was anointed as King over Israel he had a position of rulership that was soon to be over. Knowing he was next in line David refused to physically touch the king as God’s anointed and remove him from his position prematurely. It was God, not David who would remove Saul from his position (26:8-10).

We should notice an important part in this story, it was Saul who was pursuing David, hunting him down and trying to kill him. The Bible story has Saul whose position was threatened, pursuing to kill David who was innocent. Isn’t this what we see today? Those who are in a greater position of leadership going after people who are anointed that are challenging them in what they are saying and doing as wrong. From their position they have trained people to listen to them and willing to silence their challengers. They do this by going after them with Bible threats such as “don’t touch God’s anointed” or you are committing the “blasphemy the Holy Spirit” when you speak against another “man of God.” Ignoring the fact that blasphemy meant one is saying that Jesus’ miracles were done by an unclean spirit, not about questioning another mans alleged miracles. Those of the flesh are pursuing those who are of the Spirit, just as Saul did to David. Those who are following the Spirit of the Lord go to His Word to keep themselves in the truth no matter what the opposition may say.

It’s interesting that in Rev. 6:9 John writes “When He opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of those who had been slain for the word of God and for the testimony which they held.” They were killed because they held to the Word against the opposition and so they became martyrs. Those who apostatize from the Word always hate those who keep it.

We find the story of Saul ends with David kept from the Battle that Saul and Jonathan lost their lives in, instead he fought the Amalakites. An Amalakite messenger came back with torn clothes and dust on his head showing he was in mourning, David inquired of him and he told David he killed Saul. “So David said to him, “How was it you were not afraid to put forth your hand to destroy the LORD's anointed?” Then David called one of the young men and said, “Go near, and execute him!” And he struck him so that he died. So David said to him, “Your blood is on your own head, for your own mouth has testified against you, saying, 'I have killed the LORD's anointed.’”(2 Sam 1:13-16) Again it is clear, to touch the anointed means to bring physical harm, most often death. But if you spiritualize it, it can mean anything you want. 2 Sam 1:17-19 David took up this lament concerning Saul and his son Jonathan, and ordered that the men of Judah be taught this lament of the bow (it is written in the Book of Jashar): “Your glory, O Israel, lies slain on your heights. How the mighty have fallen!” Each time is about those who were killed. David did not relish the fact that God's anointed was apostate and met his end, he wept.

Since most of these so called anointed teachers that come under their follower’s protection teach the Word out of context, its not surprising that they would quote a verse of Scripture removed from its correct meaning for their own self- protection. Those who shout don’t touch God’s anointed think they are doing God’s work, but they rarely ever look at the facts presented. They listen to their teachers and do not want to hear the other side of the story. They cut themselves off from hearing the truth. And some, even when they are shown false teachings and prophecies do not care, but look to some personality who captured their loyalty. They become enemies of all reason, their own worst enemy. They do not realize they have been trained well, and like Pavlov’s dogs, react the same way each time. It's time to break free!
Re: Some Of Pastor E.A Adeboye's Testimonies by farolee(m): 9:12am On Jun 20, 2008
Adeboye! Adeboye!! Adeboye!!! "the secret of a man is in his story" i will suggest that before we post anything we should always make a proper investigation.You don't have to belive his testimonies ,because that wouldn't change my Pastor Adeboye. BELIVE IT OR NOT ADEBOYE IS A MAN OF GOD.
YOU DON'T HAVE TO BELIVE ME,COS IT DOESN'T CHANGE THE TRUTH ON GROUND.
Re: Some Of Pastor E.A Adeboye's Testimonies by farolee(m): 9:12am On Jun 20, 2008
Adeboye! Adeboye!! Adeboye!!! "the secret of a man is in his story" i will suggest that before we post anything we should always make a proper investigation.You don't have to belive his testimonies ,because that wouldn't change my Pastor Adeboye. BELIVE IT OR NOT ADEBOYE IS A MAN OF GOD.
YOU DON'T HAVE TO BELIVE ME,COS IT DOESN'T CHANGE THE TRUTH ON GROUND.
Re: Some Of Pastor E.A Adeboye's Testimonies by LauraB1: 9:57am On Jun 20, 2008
Hello Friends, Please be careful when it comes to men of God, even if you don't believe, just keep quiet. God is not a man, he can do all things, even things so unimaginable. is only our faith that determines what God will do for us, because he said that if you have faith in him without any atom of doubt and you say to a mountain be thou removed, it will be removed.

Have you imagined how Jesus turned water into wine, raised the dead, die and resurrected, and he said also greater works shall we do than him. so why doubt God. I believe that any thing can happen to me as long as I believe God for it. Look at Abraham and Sarah, at 100 and 90 repectively they gave birth, I mean what proof do you want?

My sisters and brothers in Christ, lets not worry over these men of God because is only God that knows they that are his. Concerning GO with OBJ, Jesus dined with the sinners because he said he came for the sinners. And also , with God anything can happen. Watch out and see, who knows, OBJ making heaven and you are there judging him. To whom he will have mercy, he will.I rest my case.
Re: Some Of Pastor E.A Adeboye's Testimonies by jydeboy: 10:05am On Jun 20, 2008
I stand on my post and I would never be shaken, let nobody threaten me with hellfire again. I wonder why all the brouhaha about this. Even if all the peoples of the world condemn me as long as my conscience does not condemn me I am OK. Let anybody judge me the way he feels because I said what I felt. I refuse to idolise any man in the world. Every free man has got the undoubted right to lay what sentiment he pleases before the public. The only sin that can not be forgiven is one to the holy spirit, is the GO then the holy spirit? Or has the holy spirit been personified in him? I would like to confirm that before I am condemned.
This is a free discourse. I had cause to insult about three persons on this thread over the past 2 days and I am really sorry for that. But that does not mean I would not hit back on anybody that tries to say anything rash on my person. My good friend who thought I lied about the testimonies I quoted should please ask any member of the RCCG flock.They would willingly confirm it to you since most of them follows the GO programs closely.
I believe in the Trinity: Father, Son and Spirit. I am a christian if anybody should think otherwise, and I have my own church that I attend. We too do get criticisms from the public, but we never resort to joining issues with anybody since we let God fight for us if the need be.
I thank Seun for re-opening this topic as many things would be learnt by Nigerians herein. May God continue to bless our dear nairaland called Nigeria.
Re: Some Of Pastor E.A Adeboye's Testimonies by khufu: 10:32am On Jun 20, 2008
why u no kuku add D to make the GO GO[b]D[/b]? na wa for these [b]R[/b]edeemed [b]C[/b]ircus [b]C[/b]lowns of [b]G[/b]od. grin
Re: Some Of Pastor E.A Adeboye's Testimonies by Godalone(m): 10:50am On Jun 20, 2008
Uhmm i keep my mouth shut.
Re: Some Of Pastor E.A Adeboye's Testimonies by fyneguy: 11:04am On Jun 20, 2008
@ motunmi and others

I wonder why you guys misconstrued my post as being against GO.

Please read my post very well.  I believe 100% what the GO said.

Though, I don't attend RCCG, I believe the wisdom of this world is foolishness unto God. Hence,

such miracles would appear impossible to carnal minds.

I repeat I'm a believer in miracles.

May God continue to use Pastor Adeboye to rubbish the knowledge of this world grin

@ AKO

I dont understand your post. Do you need proof from GO again?
Re: Some Of Pastor E.A Adeboye's Testimonies by joomiegal(f): 11:14am On Jun 20, 2008
i thought this thread is closed. why bring it up again? there are better things to discuss on nairaland. 

my sentiments exactly oo,

@PosterI wonder why such a sacred matter like these should be brought here when you know that there are different heads and minds locking around the forum just for the fun of mockery. I reverence the man of God (Pst. E.A. Adeboye) with the whole of my heart, the opinion of ANY mortal man not withstanding. I will never give my pearl to pigs! 

i tire o. i blame the poster too in a way, but his intentions were good, and for me, i was blessed by his post.

ogbeisioma:

@jydeboy
The holy scriptures says in Psalm 14:1 "the fool hath saith in his heart that there's no God, "  If you doubt any of these miracles then sorry for you. But I pray that the greatest miracle will happen to you by coming in contact with the saving Christ. Only then will you realize how true these things can be. I say this because I am a living testimony of God's divine power of miracle to His children. God delivered me from the dreaded terminal disease: kidney failure. He not only kept me alive for close to eight years before my transplant, He also provided the close to about 7 million naira for this to be carried out in Far away Pakistan. Also note that I come from a  very humble background where even 100,000 naira is like 100 million naira. So change that thinking of yours. I am also sure you're in need of a miracle and probably because it hasn't come you're doubting. Bro. GOD IS INDEED REAL AND HE IS UNFATHOMABLE.
check www.isiomakidneyfoundation.i8.com to read my story

That bible quote again?? grin grin grin. ( lipsrsealed !!!) (hey, wot can i say)

As for your experience/ miracle, Preach it, preacher!! Im very happy for you.

Laura B:

Hello Friends, Please be careful when it comes to men of God, even if you don't believe, just keep quiet. God is not a man, he can do all things, even things so unimaginable. is only our faith that determines what God will do for us, because he said that if you have faith in him without any atom of doubt and you say to a mountain be thou removed, it will be removed.

Have you imagined how Jesus turned water into wine, raised the dead, die and resurrected, and he said also greater works shall we do than him. so why doubt God. I believe that any thing can happen to me as long as I believe God for it. Look at Abraham and Sarah, at 100 and 90 repectively they gave birth, I mean what proof do you want?

My sisters and brothers in Christ, lets not worry over these men of God because is only God that knows they that are his. Concerning GO with OBJ, Jesus dined with the sinners because he said he came for the sinners. And also , with God anything can happen. Watch out and see, who knows, OBJ making heaven and you are there judging him. To whom he will have mercy, he will.I rest my case.

And in MY opinion, the above post by Laura B says it all. Nairalanders, no matter wot, dont abuse men of God. it is very, very risky. Even if you feel the man in question is not operating with true annointing, or has turned from God and is doin his own thing, just be quiet, and leave him to God. Why do you think David refused to kill Saul, saying he could not put his hands against the Lord's annointed? Saul was a man God had rejected, but it was still not David's place to speak ill of him, much less kill him.

Im glad jydeboy believes in God and the Holy spirit. But Im sure he does not want to offend same God and the Holy spirit in case he's wrong, innit?
I feel its ok to ask for proof of wot you feel you dont understand, (wot if it was a muslim asking, wanting to know more about xtianity?) but there are better ways of doing it. Talking about jydeboy's said bad experiences with some redeemed pastors, Pastor Adeboye cannot be held responsible for the behaviour of one pastor or the other in such a huge church. If a catholic priest is sleeping with a lady in the church, when he's suposed to be celibate, does that mean the pope is a demon? Of course not. Even the bible predicts wolves masquerading as sheep. we are in the end times.
Please, people, let us be careful.

Maybe nairalanders who got healing and other miracles can stand up and share their testimonies,
Re: Some Of Pastor E.A Adeboye's Testimonies by favcom(m): 11:22am On Jun 20, 2008
No comment

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

The Holy Stairs Jesus Climbed Before Crucifixion Unveiled After 300 Years (Pics) / Breaking Every Connection With Your Sex Partners / Bishop Feyi Daniel Raped Me Twice In His Lekki Home, Sent Me N5k To Treat Myself

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 125
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.