Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,408 members, 7,819,457 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:38 PM

Some Of Pastor E.A Adeboye's Testimonies - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Some Of Pastor E.A Adeboye's Testimonies (56437 Views)

Poll: Are these testimonies real?

Yes: 85% (126 votes)
No: 14% (21 votes)
This poll has ended

Pastor E.A Adeboye Is A Murderer – Kemi Olunloyo / What Kind Of Pastor Is This? / Video Of Pastor Caught Pants Down Trying To Sleep With A Married Woman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Some Of Pastor E.A Adeboye's Testimonies by fyneguy: 11:27am On Jun 20, 2008
There's nothing sacred in the posted testimonies.

Testimonies are not meant to be hidden. I posted the testimonies because it's capable of strenghtening one's faith.

Some people think bible-days miracles are no more possible, whereas what was promised by Jesus is "greater things shall ye do".

I have listened to Pastor Adeboye's many testimonies. Let me drop another one

GO said "I was about to drink tea, so I closed my eyes and say 'Daddy (GOD), you are invited, 'when I opened my eyes, the tea was half empty. I wondered what happened,. then the holyspirit said "were you not the one that invited daddy?''

I know this will turn the heads of many sense-ruled people. However, for we zionists wink, let's keep giving glory to God for His greatness.

So indeed, God can 'sup with' us!
Re: Some Of Pastor E.A Adeboye's Testimonies by jydeboy: 11:32am On Jun 20, 2008
joomiegal, I appreciate your post. My apology really touched you and I thank God I made a new friend in you rather than an enemy. Your point is noted about those pastors. Ija ti pari abi? Take care and God bless. I still expect your apology to me too though. All the best.
Re: Some Of Pastor E.A Adeboye's Testimonies by joomiegal(f): 11:48am On Jun 20, 2008
jydeboy:

joomiegal, I appreciate your post. My apology really touched you and I thank God I made a new friend in you rather than an enemy. Your point is noted about those pastors. Ija ti pari abi? Take care and God bless. I still expect your apology to me too though. All the best.

cheesy cheesy cheesy Ah, ija wa ti pari tay, tay (long time ago). Ma binu jare. if there was an olive leaf smiley i'd have sent it to you!
Takia, and have a lovely day.
Re: Some Of Pastor E.A Adeboye's Testimonies by tosyyn: 11:55am On Jun 20, 2008
jydeboy or watever ur name is,may God 4give u.
Re: Some Of Pastor E.A Adeboye's Testimonies by lafile(m): 12:06pm On Jun 20, 2008
I was reading through this thread and someone comments caught my attention. The person was of the opinion that Pastor Adeboye was being revered by his members like God. And immediately, two stories came to my mind. Two stories that i heard Pastor Adeboye told members of his church about mistakes he has made. Mistakes he made nota long time ago, but recently. And how God 'dealt' with him. I believe he told these stories to show that he is only human. That he is not perfect. He too, gets it wrong sometimes. Why am i saying this? Most people doubt all that has been said because they seem too far fetched. The unbeliever doesnt believe and i dont blame them. The things of God are like foolishness to the carnal mind. Some people however believe these things are possible.They believe God can actually perform such miracles, but their subconscious minds equates such spectarcular miracles with the days of Elijah, Jesus and Paul. But James said in his letter[b]"James 5:17 Elias was a man subject to like passions as we are, and he prayed earnestly that it might not rain: and it rained not on the earth by the space of three years and six months."[/b] And Jesus said in Mark 16:17 and 18 "And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover."
So if a man like Adeboye and so many others believe these things and these things come to pass, why begrudge them? The only difference between us and these people is that they have sought after God, sacrificed for God, spent time with God, consencrated and sanctified themselves to God, and God is coming through for them. There will always be a difference between somebody who spends 5 hours in sincere prayers to God and somebody who spends 30 mins. There will always be a difference between somebody who says " it doesnt matter" to everythin whether it looks like sin or not and someone who flees from every appearance of evil whether its evil or not. The difference is seen in what God accomplishes through these people.

1 Like

Re: Some Of Pastor E.A Adeboye's Testimonies by khufu: 12:08pm On Jun 20, 2008
dis fyneguy should really go 4 stand up comedy. he's a good jester. i for advise make u stop all dis testimonies, see d dumb one u posted again. so God don dey drink tea? small time u go offer am igbo to smoke. God wey dem dey preach 2 us everyday say He no dey sleep, eat or drink? just no give am d kind tea wey dem give abiola!
Re: Some Of Pastor E.A Adeboye's Testimonies by vislabraye(m): 12:13pm On Jun 20, 2008
Every one is free to make his choice. I dont think there is any thing wrong in questioning the veracity of ADEBOYE'S TESTIMONY. THERE IS NO ONE WHO IS ABOVE SCRUTINY.  If so why are people getting decieved everyday?? One man of god says some thing, another man says different thing, but they are still men of god. They must be questioned. I am not saying Adeboye is a liar. I am less concerned about the testimonies. But one thing u should know is that Jesus Christ says we will do greater works than he did.
Re: Some Of Pastor E.A Adeboye's Testimonies by jydeboy: 12:26pm On Jun 20, 2008
tosyyn, I pray for forgiveness and grace to carry on everyday, but thanks for the reminder anyway. But what makes you think I am a sinner? Search your conscience and determine if you have not at one time or the other spoken against Jehovah's witnesses, Celestials, Catholics, Adherents of Traditional religions or Prophet TB Joshua. If you have done so lately or in the distant past, then I ask you to pray for forgiveness. May God forgive you.
Re: Some Of Pastor E.A Adeboye's Testimonies by IMCCN(m): 12:56pm On Jun 20, 2008
What God has done so far through pastor Adeboye and every other man/woman of God ever known, what HE will yet do through all of them and the ones yet to manifest, constitute just a tiny bit of the immeasurable power of the Most High God. There is no way human mind can fathom the ways of God, and till the kingdom of God comes, there will always be those who chose not to believe and those that will not believe anything beyond human reasoning.
Re: Some Of Pastor E.A Adeboye's Testimonies by tkb417(m): 1:20pm On Jun 20, 2008
na wa o!!

OBJ with Adeboye and so f'cking freaking what?
orisirishi. This why people die misteriously!!!

i remember one story in the bible when some kids were laffing at Elisha, can u guys remember what the bible says happened to them. the bears ate them up!!!
i hope you loud mouth will not be eaten up by some monsters LOL!!!!
Re: Some Of Pastor E.A Adeboye's Testimonies by tayuboy(m): 1:39pm On Jun 20, 2008
Thanks to all who have contributed to this thread.

when someone talks, or try to prove his words; you have the right to prove him wrong or support him but with a material fact. ( i.e a vivid proof).

In terms of spirituality, if a pastor gives a testimonies of wat God did for him. If truely you are a believer, you will never doubt it because with God all things are possible.  
in as much as u believe (1) God raised lazarus from death, (2)that if u have an headache and u prayed God can heal you, (3) that he got the whole world in his hand; then i see no reason why u should doubt SIMPLE miracles pastor adeboye said he did for him.

yours is to believe the mighty work God can do, if a pastor then lie about it or frame a miracles why not leave such pastor with God and let God judge.

God moves with you according to your level of faith.  You urself can go to hospitals with ur faith and begins to pray and God will answer or perfom miracles inline with ur grade of faith. So please instead of abusing pastors if they said their car fly over a trailer, just glorify God with them. Is possible for u to doubt it if ur faith is not strong enough.

we all have diiferent religion belief, so our mode of interpreting bibles and testimonies differs; thats the major problem we have in christiandom. But the most important is to ENTER HEAVEN.
WHEN THE TRUMPET SHALL SOUND, WHERE WILL YOU BE?

May God help us ALL.
Re: Some Of Pastor E.A Adeboye's Testimonies by MEGABHROS1: 1:43pm On Jun 20, 2008
JYDEBOY,

I've never heard these blasphemies against the anointed of God like pastor Adeboye, not even from other faith. I think u need deliverance and the time for this is now. Mind ur tongue lest u be sent to eternal damnation. Remember the sin against the spirit has no forgiveness. Pls read ur bible well b4 you blab.
Be careful.
Re: Some Of Pastor E.A Adeboye's Testimonies by Nobody: 2:05pm On Jun 20, 2008
I beleive in God, I beleive there are women and men of God and I respect all of them.
But I still beleive that any action or inaction taken under the sky is subject to reason, criticism and common sense.
I do not want to offend any person here but i think that with the kind of posts coming in here, if left to us in our african die hard religious mindset, men will be living in the stone age till now because most of us will leave everything that advancement of science have done to us to Amadioha, Ogun, Sango, Aja Ani and the rest in the name of religion.
Why can't I question the action of a fellow human being or do I swallow everything that is said in the name of God and religion.
The greates way to rip off Africans is if you rip them off in the name of God.
Look at the whole world and understand that wherever Africans are leaders it is always full  of hunger, suffering, death, backwardness and war. South Africa is a homely example.  I can not be part of this great rip off (not in respect of Adeboye or any other person, I beleive they are men of God if they really are) where men wreck us in the name of God. I beleive that there must be reason to everything and a full understanding that we may just be wallowing in darkness in the name of God.
We are always fast to nail those that deceive us in the name of politics but not so fast to discern when they deceive us in the name of God. God is not a bringer of suffering like we have in Nigeria and all of us beleive that we know God and those that we think that they do not know God have been progressing since 1st century, is it not time we ask ourselves whether we really know God. Some are so fast to quote the bible even when their problem could be found in a manual. It does'nt really make sense to me and I definitely do not see why an aeroplane that flies in the sky became possible in absence of Amadioha, Sango and Ogun.
Some will say that they are old gods but our ancestors killed on their behalf, beleived so much in them and even dedicated some of us to them.
I have one truth and that truth is that God, the real God does not do away with reason and common sense since they all came from him.
Before you nail me, check my other posts and know that I do not disrespect what should be respected nor do I speak when I shouldn't.
Re: Some Of Pastor E.A Adeboye's Testimonies by ayomifull(f): 2:28pm On Jun 20, 2008
IMCCN:

What God has done so far through pastor Adeboye and every other man/woman of God ever known, what HE will yet do through all of them and the ones yet to manifest, constitute just a tiny bit of the immeasurable power of the Most High God. There is no way human mind can fathom the ways of God, and till the kingdom of God comes, there will always be those who chose not to believe and those that will not believe anything beyond human reasoning.

Word

And i will share my testimony one of the many pastor Adeboye is not even aware of.

I have always wished to have a set of 2 boys the very first time i will give birth, after my wedding i planned seeing a gyna who could medically help to make this happen but then i decided to change my mind and take it to God in prayer. I wrote a letter which i addressed and was to post to Pastor Adeboye i still had the letter in my bag when one night i had a dream where i saw pastor Adeboye (for the first time and the only time up till now), i saw him and his wife in that dream and i told him i desire to have a set of male twins and asked him to pray for me so it will come to pass. I knelt down and he simply told me that they (himself and his wife) joins their faith with mine and that i would have it just as i desired.

I decided not to post the letter to him anymore and held on to his word in that dream and from then i told everyone who cared to listen i was going to start with a set of male twins (i was not even pregnant then) and lo and behold to the glory of God i got pregnant soon after and after 8 months and few days I WAS DELIVERED OF TWO HEALTHY BOYS.

Everyone is entitled to his/her opinion but as for me and my household we do and will always believe in the ability of God to do anything even the impossible or WHY IS HE GOD if he can only do the natural things?
[/b][b]

1 Like

Re: Some Of Pastor E.A Adeboye's Testimonies by joomiegal(f): 2:41pm On Jun 20, 2008
ayomifull:

Word

And i will share my testimony one of the many pastor Adeboye is not even aware of.

I have always wished to have a set of 2 boys the very first time i will give birth, after my wedding i planned seeing a gyna who could medically help to make this happen but then i decided to change my mind and take it to God in prayer. I wrote a letter which i addressed and was to post to Pastor Adeboye i still had the letter in my bag when one night i had a dream where i saw pastor Adeboye (for the first time and the only time up till now), i saw him and his wife in that dream and i told him i desire to have a set of male twins and asked him to pray for me so it will come to pass. I knelt down and he simply told me that they (himself and his wife) joins their faith with mine and that i would have it just as i desired.

I decided not to post the letter to him and held on to his word in that dream and from then i told everyone who cared to listen i was going to start with a set of male twins (i was not even pregnant then) and lo and behold to the glory of God i got pregnant soon after and after 8 months and few days I WAS DELIVERED OF TWO HEALTHY BOYS.

Everyone is entitled to his/her opinion but as for me and my household we do and will always believe in the ability of God to do anything even the impossible or WHY IS HE GOD if he can only do the natural things?

ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLRRRIGHT!!!!!!!!! I am loving this!!! More testimonies please!! In the name of Jesus, i tap into what God did for you, he'll do the same for me, i want twin boys too, and i know that my wish will be granted like yours was, in Jesus name, amen!!
Re: Some Of Pastor E.A Adeboye's Testimonies by tpia: 2:45pm On Jun 20, 2008
fyneguy, what's with this last testimony of yours ( about tea drinking)?

Please read it over and take time to reflect. I'm not sure this will make any difference, but I don't know what else to say.

If you're going to talk about testimonies, can you do so in a way that wont make people question your entire religion?

Are you publicly praising the GO or trying to expose him to ridicule?
Re: Some Of Pastor E.A Adeboye's Testimonies by marosky(m): 3:01pm On Jun 20, 2008
I pray that God in his infinite mercies will forgive some of you guys who are talking carelessly.
Pastor E.A. Adeboye is a respected man of God.He is a man of integrity who has built his reputation over the years.Please be careful with the way you talk about him.A word is enough for the wise.
Re: Some Of Pastor E.A Adeboye's Testimonies by jydeboy: 3:20pm On Jun 20, 2008
MEGA BHROS, I thank God you read a mutatis mutandis copy of my response. If you had read the original you would have sent assassins to trail me. I do not need any man's forgiveness. Do you believe Ogun, Sango, Esu and other lesser gods should be worshipped? If you do not believe then I don't need to believe any man should be worshipped. You have your opinion about these lesser gods so also am I entitled to any man no matter what cloak is put on him.
Re: Some Of Pastor E.A Adeboye's Testimonies by fyneguy: 3:24pm On Jun 20, 2008
@tpia

I am not praising GO but GOD. ridicule? hell no!

didnt u read what i said earlier, great miracles make carnal minds go beserk.

I pray to God to do such things for me that'll make 'people' say "olboy, you are lying'

1 Like

Re: Some Of Pastor E.A Adeboye's Testimonies by VIPICO(m): 3:24pm On Jun 20, 2008
May God help us
Re: Some Of Pastor E.A Adeboye's Testimonies by Nobody: 3:24pm On Jun 20, 2008
have got answers to all trouble minded folks out there, according to the bible in the book of act 17 vs 11 : these are more noble men than those in (thessalonica) nairaland in dat they recieve the word and search if it were so in d scripture, nw 2 d accusations, 1. pastor adeboye accept obasanjo into the congretion of redemption camp, ans- why won,t he when jesus himself dined with chief sinners and moreover the church is nt 4 righteous fella, itz 4 sinnerz,so dat they can meet wit God and av relationship wit him
Re: Some Of Pastor E.A Adeboye's Testimonies by femi4love(m): 3:24pm On Jun 20, 2008
Oh! God, I pray today for everyone on this forum to be touched by your Spirit, so that their eyes are open to the truth of your reality and doubtless power. As you have done in my life in the last few days, bringing to pass the prophesies you gave me personally and those through Pastor Adeboye, please Lord, do so in their lives and let them know that these are not child's play or joking matters. Because Lord no man in his right senses would not want the truth as the truth makes one free indeed. Let them know your love and reality of your power and grace. I pray this in the name of our Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ. Amen!
Re: Some Of Pastor E.A Adeboye's Testimonies by tpia: 3:31pm On Jun 20, 2008
fyneguy:

@tpia

I am not praising GO but GOD. ridicule? hell no!

didnt u read what i said earlier, great miracles make carnal minds go beserk.

I pray to God to do such things for me that'll make 'people' say "olboy, you are lying'

tell me how your tea drinking "testimony" glorifies God.
Re: Some Of Pastor E.A Adeboye's Testimonies by bodsibobo(m): 3:35pm On Jun 20, 2008
Hmmmmm,

I am still reading and digesting this thread a little at a time and I will be interjecting with my contributions here and there once in a while,

The one I want to talk about now is the comment someone wrote about "GO frolicking with OBJ".

You know that by the GO even considering that makes him a man of God the more. What would you expect the GO to do when OBJ and all the politicians go to Redemption Camp? Drive them away, haba! Even if he did that, you same people will write another thread and say "GO Drive Politicians Away From Redemption Camp, Why? He Shouldn't"

The bible says  we should not judge so that we ourselves would not be judged. When the woman that was caught in adultery was about to be stoned and Jesus used wisdom in saving her, He still did not judge her. Rather he asked her to go and sin no more.

When that short man Zaccheus (the Tax Collector) sought Jesus, did Jesus drive him away? No, he even went to his house to have dinner with him. Are these instances of frolicking?

One reason I rarely post on Nairaland is that I've noticed that a lot of people come onto this forum to post utter nonsense out of lack of anything serious doing or just so to vent their frustration on other posters.

WHATEVER ANYONE POSTS OR THINKS ABOUT PASTOR ADEBOYE ON NAIRALAND OR ANYWHERE IS NOT GOING TO REMOVE ONE STRAND OF HAIR FROM HIS HEAD AND WILL NOT DIMINISH THE GRACE AND THE ANNOINTING OF GOD ON HIM, kapish!!

I wonder what added value of any kind has any of the people castigating him ever made to others that they now think they have the audacity to run down another man, (even if he is not a man of God) - Shiooo!

Let me continue to read on this thread and I will interject again maybe in another few weeks, like I said I only log on to nairaland when I need to amuse myself since I've seen no good thing can ever be learnt on the site,
Re: Some Of Pastor E.A Adeboye's Testimonies by fyneguy: 3:39pm On Jun 20, 2008
lol tpia

Sorry I don't think u can understand,

The tea testimony was given by Pastor Adeboye to let people understand 1. How close God could get to us.

2. God also plays with His children  3. He grants our requests

We tend to put God in a box. We often don't understand the father-son relationship we have with Him.

We see God as one huge distant Giant who is just after who to trample on whenever we go against Him.
Re: Some Of Pastor E.A Adeboye's Testimonies by tpia: 3:44pm On Jun 20, 2008
fyneguy:

lol tpia

Sorry I don't think u can understand,

The tea testimony was given by Pastor Adeboye to let people understand 1. How close God could get to us.

2. God also plays with His children  3. He grants our requests

We tend to put God in a box. We often don't understand the father-son relationship we have with Him.

We see God as one huge distant Giant who is just after who to trample on whenever we go against Him.

so you got all that from this particular story about tea drinking.

ok. undecided
Re: Some Of Pastor E.A Adeboye's Testimonies by shinystar(m): 3:53pm On Jun 20, 2008
Why are we mistaking questioning with abusing? I am against abusing people, not just men of God. Some of the respondents have made it look like it's right to abuse others and spare men of God.

But even men of God misbehave and there is nothing wrong calling a spade a spade in that circumstances. The bulk of men of God in Nigeria are missing it and we don't need Jesus to tell us that. In case you don't know many of them cannot hold up government officials to scrutiny because there are damaging security reports against them. That they still perform miracles does not invalidate this fact. A miracle worker may be on his way to hell. Didn't Christ say many of such people will be turned back that day?

I believe in miracles. I experience it daily but we can always query spurious claims, by anybody even men of God. Let us not be blindly loyal to anybody but God. Some of these leaders can do better if we dare to question their actions and motives.

I support scrutiny but not abuse or destructive criticism.

Let's get rolling
Re: Some Of Pastor E.A Adeboye's Testimonies by fyneguy: 3:55pm On Jun 20, 2008
tpia.

Yes sir.

Pastor Adeboye shared the testimony with us several years ago at the university of Ibadan, Nigeria

That testimony and the explanations that followed changed my impression of God.

Let me share my personal experience with you.

This happened many years ago. I picked up my father's Nitel land phone and started talking as if God was on the other side. I cant remember what exactly I asked of Him. God granted my request.

Well, it may feel unusual and funny. Funny as it was, God still granted my request.
Re: Some Of Pastor E.A Adeboye's Testimonies by fyneguy: 3:57pm On Jun 20, 2008
@shiny

I put this to you: Have you found anything spurious in these testimonies?
Re: Some Of Pastor E.A Adeboye's Testimonies by tpia: 4:03pm On Jun 20, 2008
fyneguy:

tpia.

Yes sir.

Pastor Adeboye shared the testimony with us several years ago at the university of Ibadan, Nigeria

That testimony and the explanations that followed changed my impression of God.

Let me share my personal experience with you.

This happened many years ago. I picked up my father's Nitel land phone and started talking as if God was on the other side. I can't remember what exactly I asked of Him. God granted my request.

Well, it may feel unusual and funny. Funny as it was, God still granted my request.

hmmm.

Good for you, I'd say.
Re: Some Of Pastor E.A Adeboye's Testimonies by lucabrasi(m): 4:06pm On Jun 20, 2008
like someone said on the first page,if you dont have anything better to say that wild criticisms then kindly shut it,we believe in go and we dont need any evidence to show GOD is with him.
Re: Some Of Pastor E.A Adeboye's Testimonies by shinystar(m): 4:09pm On Jun 20, 2008
Fyneguy,

Not really. But it wouldn't change anything If I do. I only insist we don't believe everything we hear in church from men of God hook,line and sinker. let us subect them to the word, common sense and scrutiny. My position is as simple as that.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

The Holy Stairs Jesus Climbed Before Crucifixion Unveiled After 300 Years (Pics) / Breaking Every Connection With Your Sex Partners / Bishop Feyi Daniel Raped Me Twice In His Lekki Home, Sent Me N5k To Treat Myself

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.