Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,838 members, 7,820,919 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:01 AM

Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. - Politics (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. (31706 Views)

President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable / An Open Letter To Senator Adetumbi - 'Enugu Is Not Bankrupt' / Enugu Is Flooded (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. by Nobody: 5:57pm On Sep 17, 2013
ketoprofen:

do u know i live close to dat shoprite?
So if anytn, i wl be d person to tell u whatsup.
If u have bn @ enugu shoprite, at least u were able to see that enugu residents sara ahu.
U see goodlooking dudes with cash, and not those rag-tag individuals, sweaty and smelly ppl at ibadan.
One person @ enugu shoprite can buy what a total of 22 customers @ ibadan will buy. Fact!

You live in ibadan? You must be one of those smelly people then?

Btw how many people fly out of the "many" international airports in the eastern region?
Re: Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. by dayokanu(m): 6:10pm On Sep 17, 2013
ketoprofen:

the whole of SW doesnt have an int'l airport because of lagos? *smh*
The 11 Eastern states are close to each oda,yet u shd know d number of Int' airports dere. Remind me d distance btw delta and rivers states again. Yet both have intl airports.
Enugu is not far from both delta and port, yet it has an intl airport.
We are talking abt demand here.

Btw, who are u showing dat osun state has more tourist centres dan enugu?
See i dont av tym for dat kind of dribble. U have failed. Serves u ppl rite, next tym, dnt wat u cant finish.
Osun state my foot. Lwkmd

First of all Can you list these 11 Eastern states and demonstrate to all how much of an illiterate you are

Then can you follow it and list the traffic in those 11 Eastern state airport. Sum it together and now multiply it by 2 if it would even scratch the one in MMIA

The biggest tourism event in Nigeria is the Osun osogbo festival and a lot of foreigners attend without fear of being kidnapped like in the east

One of the biggest golf courses in the country is in Osun State.

Show us whats in that evil forest called Enugu

1 Like

Re: Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. by remarkD(m): 7:44pm On Sep 17, 2013
so you believe GDP is the yardstick used for measuring a state's wealth?

will you say that because India has a higher GDP than Austrailia, then Austrailia is poorer than India?

And your answer is...?

Orlando Owoh:
See how you reason, like a child. When have the allowances given to corpers become a yardstick for measuring a state's wealth? Would you then say Enugu State, paying corpers 10k, is richer than Delta State, paying corpers 5k?
Re: Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. by OrlandoOwoh(m): 7:48pm On Sep 17, 2013
ketoprofen:

the whole of SW doesnt have an int'l airport because of lagos? *smh*
The 11 Eastern states are close to each oda,yet u shd know d number of Int' airports dere. Remind me d distance btw delta and rivers states again. Yet both have intl airports.
Enugu is not far from both delta and port, yet it has an intl airport.
We are talking abt demand here.

Btw, who are u showing dat osun state has more tourist centres dan enugu?
See i dont av tym for dat kind of dribble. U have failed. Serves u ppl rite, next tym, dnt wat u cant finish.
Osun state my foot. Lwkmd
Shut up and stop this attachee, there are only 5 states in the SE, which you call East.
Re: Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. by remarkD(m): 8:36pm On Sep 17, 2013
If Enugu is poor... then it makes sense that:

- apples grow on orange trees
- Yorubas are brave.
- humans walk on their heads
- Dangote is the poorest Nigerian
and so on...

Sorry to break it to you, but your dreams and wishes remains your dreams and wishes even if you post it out on NL and the world to see your stup'dity...

Your wishes and dreams aren't backed by facts and the facts you brandish is not in line with your wishes and dreams... wake up.... the Igbos are way way ahead ;d ;d

You still haven't posted the people that were "boasting and beating their chests the other day...." that drove you to display such foolery on the www.... we'd like to know what hurt your feelings so much to the point of telling lies and consoling yourself for doing a great job of busting other people's lies.... which we also know is a weak attempt at the pull-him-down act in your DNAs....

Kairoseki77: Yo dudes!!!

Why is Enugu so poor? People were chest beating the other day, but now we know that your economy is smaller than war ravaged Borno state.

1 Like

Re: Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. by remarkD(m): 8:54pm On Sep 17, 2013
Bro.... all na desperation.... Ive mentioned it earlier that all these lies and constant comparison of themselves to the Igbos is because they do not want to be seen as the ... lipsrsealed you dig?

They feel the Igbos are like them and will start taunting them if they do not step-up or are lacking behind (and making the Igbos and the Financial Times "look out" for them to know when they'll arrive to the 21st century)

Their Ojukwu song is dieing out, Igbos are growing in leaps and bounds in Lagos now considered no man's land ;d .... Igbos are now busting all the lies they've been told and believed to be true (from the Fajuiyi story to the claims of Yaba Tech/having highest number of profs & educated people - which has now changed to "its quality not quantity ;d - and being the best in this, that and more this and more that...) so they are (understandably) now grasping at straws by selling and propagating lies all over the place, trying to see which lie will stick.... so not only is there becoming an abundance of loud-mouthed cowards, but its now a bunch of loud-mouth lieing cowards that have no shame...

<<- that's the only explanation I can think of why so many threads with warped analysis and comparison to the SE is rampant.... perhaps there is/are more reasons...
quote author=customized13]was dat the pix of the city 2 watch out for? Lolsssssssssss, chineke ehhhh!!!!! Abeg I no fit laff. Pls just tel me dat isn't ibadan. Lolzzzzzzz [/quote]
Re: Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. by ketoprofen(m): 9:40pm On Sep 17, 2013
django1:

You live in ibadan? You must be one of those smelly people then?

Btw how many people fly out of the "many" international airports in the eastern region?

am most sure of enugu.
D planes leave d airport with their full capacities occupied.
Re: Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. by ketoprofen(m): 9:52pm On Sep 17, 2013
dayokanu:

First of all Can you list these 11 Eastern states and demonstrate to all how much of an illiterate you are

Then can you follow it and list the traffic in those 11 Eastern state airport. Sum it together and now multiply it by 2 if it would even scratch the one in MMIA

The biggest tourism event in Nigeria is the Osun osogbo festival and a lot of foreigners attend without fear of being kidnapped like in the east

One of the biggest golf courses in the country is in Osun State.

Show us whats in that evil forest called Enugu

ok,if u dont knw d 11 states in d SS/SE nigeria, forget it.
Of course, enugu as a state doesnt celeberate a common festival, each town of d various LGA does their festivals that attract ppl from nigeria and diaspora.
And y are we talking abt festivals here? Is that d tourist sites abi GDP we are talking abt?
Guy, always learn to stick to topic biko.
Moreover, Enugu has this beautiful estate in its western outskirts called 'Golf Estate' named after d prestigious golf course in dat area .
And then again, y are we discussing golf courses?
There is no SW state u can compare to Enugu. Simple. Stop talking abt these trivial tnz.
Abt MMIA, we all know where d bulk of passengers come from, even at at water ports, we all know the importers and exporters.
So, leave dat side for now.
Re: Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. by ketoprofen(m): 9:54pm On Sep 17, 2013
Orlando Owoh:
Shut up and stop this attachee, there are only 5 states in the SE, which you call East.

were did i write dat south east has more dan 5 states?
We are talking of distances btw intl airports in dat syd of d country
Re: Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. by manny4life(m): 9:58pm On Sep 17, 2013
I swear, una dey try... There are some topics that are not worth arguing and this is one of them. From Enugu is poor, recent news states that Enugu airport surrounding is dirty. Whether poor or dirty, the state has come to stay.. CASE CLOSED.

1 Like

Re: Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. by remarkD(m): 6:17am On Sep 18, 2013
For posterity sake, the lie you cleared up is your own lie that Oyo state with its high GDP is a wealthy state when its people are starving and can not buy beans at =N= 550....

and check the last statement in parts of this article curled from tribune...

THERE was pandemonium at the Bodija market in Ibadan on Friday as Yoruba and Hausa traders clashed, resulting in the destruction of goods worth millions of naira.

No one could say categorically what triggered the clash, except what many of the traders regarded it as a built-up anger over the downturn in their economy since the killing of 14 Yoruba traders in Borno State on May 4 and June 28 this year, where they had gone to buy beans.

Since the killing of their colleagues (the second incident) on June 28, Yoruba traders have stopped travelling to the north-eastern state, where the specie of beans (Oloyin) loved by people in the South-West is usually found at cheaper price.

However, Hausa traders in Bodija market were said to have been receiving regular supply of the commodity from their kinsmen and had been selling same at exorbitant prices to traders willing to buy and re-sell.

This had resulted in a hike in the price of beans, which has risen to N550 per measure, against N280 for which it was sold before the Borno killing of the traders.

Pent up anger, however, boiled over on Friday afternoon while Muslim faithful were observing Jumaat in mosques, leading to the disruption of the peace of the entire market.

Different weapons like sticks, stones and iron rods were freely used, with the Yoruba traders chanting that they would no longer keep quiet over the agenda of the Hausa to take over commerce in the market.

One of the traders, Saidi Baoku, who spoke with Saturday Tribune, alleged that the Hausa traders in the market were trying to take food off their tables by killing their business.

He further insinuated that the killing of the traders in the market was masterminded by the Hausa traders to pave way for their control of the market, as the Yoruba traders would no longer be able to go to the North to buy foodstuffs.

He said that the over N40 million lost by the slain traders was not as painful as their lives that were brutally terminated.

“We have tried to be patient but we have seen that if we don’t fight for ourselves, these Hausa will continue to cheat us in our own land.

After all, the driver of the vehicle in which the 10 traders were was not killed. We want everybody and government to come to our aid and help so that we don’t die of hunger,” he stated.

http://www.tribune.com.ng/news2013/index.php/en/component/k2/item/19870-pandemonium-as-hausa

quote author=Kairoseki77]Glad we cleared up this lie. Gotta stay vigilant against slippery chest beating liars.

Always coming up with new lies.[/quote]
Re: Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. by ketoprofen(m): 12:34pm On Sep 18, 2013
remark D: For posterity sake, the lie you cleared up is your own lie that Oyo state with its high GDP is a wealthy state when its people are starving and can not buy beans at =N= 550....

and check the last statement in parts of this article curled from tribune...

THERE was pandemonium at the Bodija market in Ibadan on Friday as Yoruba and Hausa traders clashed, resulting in the destruction of goods worth millions of naira.

No one could say categorically what triggered the clash, except what many of the traders regarded it as a built-up anger over the downturn in their economy since the killing of 14 Yoruba traders in Borno State on May 4 and June 28 this year, where they had gone to buy beans.

Since the killing of their colleagues (the second incident) on June 28, Yoruba traders have stopped travelling to the north-eastern state, where the specie of beans (Oloyin) loved by people in the South-West is usually found at cheaper price.

However, Hausa traders in Bodija market were said to have been receiving regular supply of the commodity from their kinsmen and had been selling same at exorbitant prices to traders willing to buy and re-sell.

This had resulted in a hike in the price of beans, which has risen to N550 per measure, against N280 for which it was sold before the Borno killing of the traders.

Pent up anger, however, boiled over on Friday afternoon while Muslim faithful were observing Jumaat in mosques, leading to the disruption of the peace of the entire market.

Different weapons like sticks, stones and iron rods were freely used, with the Yoruba traders chanting that they would no longer keep quiet over the agenda of the Hausa to take over commerce in the market.

One of the traders, Saidi Baoku, who spoke with Saturday Tribune, alleged that the Hausa traders in the market were trying to take food off their tables by killing their business.

He further insinuated that the killing of the traders in the market was masterminded by the Hausa traders to pave way for their control of the market, as the Yoruba traders would no longer be able to go to the North to buy foodstuffs.

He said that the over N40 million lost by the slain traders was not as painful as their lives that were brutally terminated.

“We have tried to be patient but we have seen that if we don’t fight for ourselves, these Hausa will continue to cheat us in our own land.

After all, the driver of the vehicle in which the 10 traders were was not killed. We want everybody and government to come to our aid and help so that we don’t die of hunger,” he stated.

http://www.tribune.com.ng/news2013/index.php/en/component/k2/item/19870-pandemonium-as-hausa

quote author=Kairoseki77]Glad we cleared up this lie. Gotta stay vigilant against slippery chest beating liars.

Always coming up with new lies.

With this , I say End of Discussion.
High GDP with very poor population,hahahahahaha.
Peace out.
Re: Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. by meccuno: 1:28pm On Sep 18, 2013
Ikengawo: Here are facts and figures

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=meqNoIyT7aU

sometimes i wonder the basis of these comparison.....i schooled all my life in the south west and have been to osun oyo and ogun state...i currently reside in lagos....most people who do these comparison are people who do no even know more that where they come from...try leaving the south west and see what is out side....apart from lagos i dont think i cant stay any other place in the south west........please....lets stop these "we are better than you" attitude.....after all there are some countries with GDP better than the usa,but that doesnt make them habitable.........
Re: Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. by Nobody: 1:45pm On Sep 18, 2013
meccuno: sometimes i wonder the basis of these comparison.....i schooled all my life in the south west and have been to osun oyo and ogun state...i currently reside in lagos....most people who do these comparison are people who do no even know more that where they come from...try leaving the south west and see what is out side....apart from lagos i dont think i cant stay any other place in the south west........please....lets stop these "we are better than you" attitude.....after all there are some countries with GDP better than the usa,but that doesnt make them habitable.........
same here ooo, I live in lagos, I schooled in ogun state, and I hv written exams in u.I and oau before, those places are ratholes, a friend of mine staying in umuahia was posted 2 osun state 2 serve (batch A, dis year) he sad their camp is ok, he was deceived by the state of their camp, on getting outside whr is PPA is(ile-ife), he said he saw smthng else, he said thr houses are so dilapidated, evrywhr looking so shanty, he has to redeploy back 2 the east for this reason. He asked me if dats hw lagos looks like sef.
Re: Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. by Kairoseki77: 1:46pm On Sep 18, 2013
meccuno: sometimes i wonder the basis of these comparison.....i schooled all my life in the south west and have been to osun oyo and ogun state...i currently reside in lagos....most people who do these comparison are people who do no even know more that where they come from...try leaving the south west and see what is out side....apart from lagos i dont think i cant stay any other place in the south west........please....lets stop these "we are better than you" attitude.....after all there are some countries with GDP better than the usa,but that doesnt make them habitable.........

There are no countries with a higher GDP than USA.
Re: Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. by meccuno: 1:49pm On Sep 18, 2013
shymexx:

Bwahahahahahahaha

Why this nyggah gotta cry? shocked

Whoever stole his toy needs to return it asap, a crying adult is defo. a NO NO! grin

I now see why your handle is "Bandit C" - Bandit C = Crying Bandit in reverse.

I'll pray for you, brother. However, none of you have answered my questions. Please do that when you wipe the tears off your eyes. wink
dry joke...its not funny...
Re: Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. by Kairoseki77: 7:24pm On Sep 18, 2013
meccuno: dry joke...its not funny...

I think its kinda funny.
Re: Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. by manny4life(m): 9:37pm On Sep 18, 2013
Kairoseki77:

There are no countries with a higher GDP than USA.

True, but someone who lives in Qatar, Luxemburg, Switzerland, etc live more better than someone in the U.S., isn't that the measure of wealth?
Re: Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. by Kairoseki77: 4:26pm On Sep 19, 2013
^^^^^^

This depends.

Equatorial Guinea has one of the highest "per capita" GDP on the planet, but all of its people are poor.

HDI and GINI are the true markers of quality of life. All of which are higher in the SW than in the SE.
Re: Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. by Ikengawo: 4:50pm On Sep 19, 2013
Equatorial doesn't have the highest anything in the world. Not even close. They fact that you can post something this unresearched and poorly thought out makes it easier to swallow the rest of your misguided post.
Re: Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. by Ikengawo: 4:57pm On Sep 19, 2013
People have to be honest with themselves. Enugu is one of the best places as a whole to live in Nigeria. The city, like most in the Southeast, doesn't have extreme poverty or extreme wealth. Most people live comfortable lives and can feed themselves on a day to day. The issues in the SE are many, and abject poverty isn't one of them. More over the rich in igbo land are abundant but you don't have a case where one man is so much richer than everyone else that he can buy states and the region as a whole like you have in the SW and North.

There's no illiteracy in the SE. Every honestly, you will never meet and igbo man that can't read or speak english and we're all very aware that there are yoruba in Lagos it's self that can't speak a word of english, and worst off Hausa. Being that english is the language of education in Nigeria, it makes you wonder where they missed the bus.

That being said, Enugu, being the most liveable city in the SE is worlds more civilized that Lagos, let alone anything else in the SW. Every modern ademdite in Lagos is in Enugu, from police cameras to a light rail project. The difference is Enugu has no slums, no agbero and no homeless except the recent influx of northerners.

Lagos is richer and more economically viable than Enugu, but as a whole there's no where in Nigeria that's better than Enugu because it have just the right mix of everything good about nigeria and less of the bad than anywhere else imaginable. Anyone in this thread trying to use Enugu to insult igbos is essentially mocking Samson by saying he's weak.

1 Like

Re: Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. by Ikengawo: 5:03pm On Sep 19, 2013
The only thing bringing igbos to LAgos is

1. it's the exit point by which you can go to other countries
2. big population means more customers
3. deep seaport
4. airport

Every igbo that goes to lagos sacrifices the comfort he or she has in the east to access these things that are all creations of the federal government when Lag was the capital and the whole nations resources were going into it's development.

with the river port and deep sea port opening in Uyo, there will be no need to be in that malarial polluted criminally mismanaged city. Aba and Port Harcourt are set to be the first two cities with 24 hour power in nigeria, enugu has added an airport, onitcha a river port, asaba an airport, owerri an airport, the Portharcourt Enugu train will be active come december, Ebonyi is exporting high quality rice, imo has passed free education and if you go to any village in the east you will see this new generation building houses on top of houses, mansions at that. Our brother GEJ is in office, we're running the petroleum sector, aviation, finance. Say what you want about Igbos but they will be fine regardless.

what can i say is happening in the SW outside of Lagos, which is off course doing well for it's self? Forget what the ACN has posted on the internet, they're naive to how Nigeria works that this is why the think the internet will make a difference.

2 Likes

Re: Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. by ezeagu(m): 7:13pm On Sep 19, 2013
Re: Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. by kettykin: 10:50pm On Sep 19, 2013
The current Nigerian GDP figures is fake worse than the population figures from NPC
Re: Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. by Ikengawo: 11:54pm On Sep 19, 2013
kettykin: The current Nigerian GDP figures is fake worse than the population figures from NPC

it's based off federal allocation statistics and thus assumes igbos are fed beggars like everyone else except the SS that is getting robbed. My cousin alone got signed to the the NFL and is now worth more than our state's allocation. One young man, imagine the men weh sabi of the place.
Re: Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. by dayokanu(m): 11:57pm On Sep 19, 2013
The poverty and crime wey dey drive people comot for East no get part 2.

Every bus park is filled with people trying to flee

2 Likes

Re: Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. by manny4life(m): 11:59pm On Sep 19, 2013
kettykin: The current Nigerian GDP figures is fake worse than the population figures from NPC

Anyone who doesn't know this should sorry, even Yemi Kale is guilty of falsifying data, but at the end, all that matters is who's doing better.
Re: Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. by manny4life(m): 12:03am On Sep 20, 2013
dayokanu: The poverty and crime wey dey drive people comot for East no get part 2.

Every bus park is filled with people trying to flee

You say poverty? Didn't PAP state that SE has the LOWEST poverty and even challenged NBS on their data, what did Yemi Kale do? Like the liar he is, he withdrew his data just like when Sokoto Attorney-General challenged him on his data about Sokoto, he withdrew it, and even issued a public apology.

Can YEMI KALE be trusted?

Trying to flee? Lol, more than 1/3rd of what your people buy comes from the east, you're yarning DUST.
Re: Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. by Kairoseki77: 10:16am On Sep 20, 2013
manny4life:

You say poverty? Didn't PAP state that SE has the LOWEST poverty and even challenged NBS on their data, what did Yemi Kale do? Like the liar he is, he withdrew his data just like when Sokoto Attorney-General challenged him on his data about Sokoto, he withdrew it, and even issued a public apology.

Can YEMI KALE be trusted?

Trying to flee? Lol, more than 1/3rd of what your people buy comes from the east, you're yarning DUST.

Fighting numbers and math with force is jungle politics common to uncultured sections of Nigeria.

Threatening the statistics office workers just makes you a phool. I wouldn't go around chest beating about it.
Re: Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. by manny4life(m): 10:46am On Sep 20, 2013
Kairoseki77:

Fighting numbers and math with force is jungle politics common to uncultured sections of Nigeria.

Threatening the statistics office workers just makes you a phool. I wouldn't go around chest beating about it.

Lol, are you trying to say that Yemi hasn't come under fire about his falsified data? shocked shocked

Are you saying that some CBN releases does not align with Yemi's numbers?

When PAP challenged his poverty data and released a new report, what did Yemi do?

Abegi, statistics in itself is respectful but it becomes a joke when the statisticians lack HONOR and INTEGRITY.

Like I said, can YEMI BE TRUSTED?
Re: Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. by Kairoseki77: 11:21am On Sep 20, 2013
manny4life:

Lol, are you trying to say that Yemi hasn't come under fire about his falsified data? shocked shocked

Are you saying that some CBN releases does not align with Yemi's numbers?

When PAP challenged his poverty data and released a new report, what did Yemi do?

Abegi, statistics in itself is respectful but it becomes a joke when the statisticians lack HONOR and INTEGRITY.

Like I said, can YEMI BE TRUSTED?

Like I said, ranting and threatening people when they produce statistics that you don't like is disgusting and childish.

The reason it is so hard for statisticians to work in this country is because of backward animals like yourself.

No matter how much you threaten the life of Yemi and his employees, facts on the ground must remain what they are.
Re: Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. by Boicc(m): 11:43am On Sep 20, 2013
why would someone compare oyo to enugu. If my Igbo serves me ryt, OYO in Igbo language means BEGGERS!!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (18) (Reply)

Army Captures Alargano, The Spiritual Base Of Boko Haram / Governor Fayose Lights Up Ikole Ekiti / Sorry State Of Odili Road ,port Harcourt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.