Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,560 members, 7,820,024 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:35 AM

Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. - Politics (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. (31699 Views)

President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable / An Open Letter To Senator Adetumbi - 'Enugu Is Not Bankrupt' / Enugu Is Flooded (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. by manny4life(m): 11:47am On Sep 20, 2013
Kairoseki77:

Like I said, ranting and threatening people when they produce statistics that you don't like is disgusting and childish.

The reason it is so hard for statisticians to work in this country is because of backward animals like yourself.

No matter how much you threaten the life of Yemi and his employees, facts on the ground must remain what they are.

Hehe, don't hate the player, HATE THE GAME.

I only called it out the way it is... Yemi apologized PUBLICLY and retracted his release when the Attorney-General threatened. If he did not have anything to hide, when he was asked to submit his "statistical proof" why did he chicken out? ...lol grin grin grin grin

SLS stats is 10x more credible Yemi's, it was SLS data that contradicted Yemi's. You have a computer, look it up. Yemi can't be trusted with numbers...Shikena.
Re: Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. by obayaya(m): 12:25pm On Sep 20, 2013
obitwo: See scanty shopping mall

I've never seen any picture of the mall with massive shoppers even on a Saturday and I've been to the mall on a weekend

This mall in Enugu is the one with low sales, no shoppers, no patronage

You bet it will close ten times over before a section of Shoprite in Ibadan shuts down

now lemme explain something to you. a friend of mine wanted to buy a fridge, he resides in enugu. while I stay in Onitsha. he went to shoprite First but called me to compare price with what's obtainable in Onitsha. and the difference is a whooping 3k. I ended up waybilling the fridge to enugu which cost about 1k.

what am I trying to say.. sensible ppl will always look for the better deals. and the truth remains that the better deals are outside shoprite.. in the markets.

Ppl in enugu go to shoprite when they aren't ready for the market stress and when they just wanna shop as part of their leisure. and that's why the place is usually crowded on Saturdays and Sundays

so chill
Re: Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. by Kairoseki77: 3:38pm On Sep 20, 2013
Boicc: why would someone compare oyo to enugu. If my Igbo serves me ryt, OYO in Igbo language means BEGGERS!!!

Is that why your people go there to beg?

1 Like

Re: Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. by Kairoseki77: 3:40pm On Sep 20, 2013
manny4life:

Hehe, don't hate the player, HATE THE GAME.

I only called it out the way it is... Yemi apologized PUBLICLY and retracted his release when the Attorney-General threatened. If he did not have anything to hide, when he was asked to submit his "statistical proof" why did he chicken out? ...lol grin grin grin grin

SLS stats is 10x more credible Yemi's, it was SLS data that contradicted Yemi's. You have a computer, look it up. Yemi can't be trusted with numbers...Shikena.

Threatening to jail technocrats unless their data agrees with your sentiments is the hallmark of backward nations.

Focus on increasing your GDP and reducing your number of poor, instead of attacking the statisticians.
Re: Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. by Kairoseki77: 3:41pm On Sep 20, 2013
obayaya:

now lemme explain something to you. a friend of mine wanted to buy a fridge, he resides in enugu. while I stay in Onitsha. he went to shoprite First but called me to compare price with what's obtainable in Onitsha. and the difference is a whooping 3k. I ended up waybilling the fridge to enugu which cost about 1k.

what am I trying to say.. sensible ppl will always look for the better deals. and the truth remains that the better deals are outside shoprite.. in the markets.

Ppl in enugu go to shoprite when they aren't ready for the market stress and when they just wanna shop as part of their leisure. and that's why the place is usually crowded on Saturdays and Sundays

so chill

That fridge was cheaper because your friend stole it or illegally imported it from China without paying customs.
Re: Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. by dayokanu(m): 3:47pm On Sep 20, 2013
You can twist stats and figures but you cant twist the human migratory pattern from the East which is like a refugee situation

From the time of Adam living things, Plant and animals have always moved away from poverty to prosperity.

That explains the situation in the East which no picture and stats can disprove.

If you want to know which is suffering check the direction of the net migration from Mexico to USA, Nigeria to London or S-Africa or Poland to Germany

2 Likes

Re: Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. by Kairoseki77: 3:54pm On Sep 20, 2013
dayokanu: You can twist stats and figures but you cant twist the human migratory pattern from the East which is like a refugee situation

From the time of Adam living things, Plant and animals have always moved away from poverty to prosperity.

That explains the situation in the East which no picture and stats can disprove.

If you want to know which is suffering check the direction of the net migration from Mexico to USA, Nigeria to London or S-Africa or Poland to Germany

Exactly. The day we see Europeans dying in the Sahara Desert to come live in Nigeria, is the day I will know that we are richer than them.
Re: Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. by manny4life(m): 3:59pm On Sep 20, 2013
Kairoseki77:

Threatening to jail technocrats unless their data agrees with your sentiments is the hallmark of backward nations.

Focus on increasing your GDP and reducing your number of poor, instead of attacking the statisticians.

Are you high on CHEAP WEED? Who threatened to jail who? He was threatened to be SUED and his findings made public...lol

How can a state attorney general jail the head of a federal entity - the statistician general? Again are you high on cheep weed?

We're focusing on that actually, the problem is that reliant data from Yemi Kale and his team is integrity deficient. Yemi is a man of questionable character and thus, his data cannot be relied on.

For instance the northern governors, precisely Kano governor Kwankwaso called for the removal of the NPC chairman because of what he said, the chairman DID NOT back down, but maintained his status quo. That's a man of integrity who believes in the honor code/integrity system, but Yemi, when challenged, changed his stance immediately. What does that tell you? grin grin grin

Nigeria and Nigerians CANNOT rely on fictitious and falsified data, let Yemi kindly resign so competent hands, ones who do not lack honor and professional ethics handle the statistics. Till then, NBS is producing first class garbage.
Re: Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. by Kairoseki77: 5:06pm On Sep 20, 2013
manny4life:

Are you high on CHEAP WEED? Who threatened to jail who? He was threatened to be SUED and his findings made public...lol

How can a state attorney general jail the head of a federal entity - the statistician general? Again are you high on cheep weed?

We're focusing on that actually, the problem is that reliant data from Yemi Kale and his team is integrity deficient. Yemi is a man of questionable character and thus, his data cannot be relied on.

For instance the northern governors, precisely Kano governor Kwankwaso called for the removal of the NPC chairman because of what he said, the chairman DID NOT back down, but maintained his status quo. That's a man of integrity who believes in the honor code/integrity system, but Yemi, when challenged, changed his stance immediately. What does that tell you? grin grin grin

Nigeria and Nigerians CANNOT rely on fictitious and falsified data, let Yemi kindly resign so competent hands, ones who do not lack honor and professional ethics handle the statistics. Till then, NBS is producing first class garbage.

See how stubborn and shameful you are.

No matter how much your people are suffering from poverty, you would rather spend time attacking the NBS.

Foul yansh has blown open. Go clean yourself and stop blaming the wind for the smell. wink
Re: Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. by manny4life(m): 5:16pm On Sep 20, 2013
Kairoseki77:

See how stubborn and shameful you are.

No matter how much your people are suffering from poverty, you would rather spend time attacking the NBS.

Foul yansh has blown open. Go clean yourself and stop blaming the wind for the smell. wink

Did you say poverty? Lollllllllllllll cheesy cheesy cheesy

Ask PAP where poverty is at? Abi which region with least poverty, they will tell you... tongue tongue tongue
Re: Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. by dayokanu(m): 5:21pm On Sep 20, 2013
manny4life:

Did you say poverty? Lollllllllllllll cheesy cheesy cheesy

Ask PAP where poverty is at? Abi which region with least poverty, they will tell you... tongue tongue tongue

PAP or no PAP all you need to do is to go to the car park and see the direction people are moving to.

Human would always migrate to better areas. Its as simple as that

When you see people leaving Mississippi en masse for Georgia, North Carolina for NY, No one needs any PPP to know where is more prosperous

2 Likes

Re: Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. by manny4life(m): 5:31pm On Sep 20, 2013
dayokanu:

PAP or no PAP all you need to do is to go to the car park and see the direction people are moving to.

Human would always migrate to better areas. Its as simple as that

When you see people leaving Mississippi en masse for Georgia, North Carolina for NY, No one needs any PPP to know where is more prosperous

You mistake people who come into Lagos to transact business with migration, lol at flawed logic... I've been to parks and mostly are young boys or men who are traveling on business - either purchasing from Lagos to the East or they purchased from the east to Lagos. Don't get it twisted with those who actually move their things and relocating.. grin grin grin

Humans often migrate for several reasons - jobs, low cost housing, business incentives, and what have you. It does not mean where they are migrating from is BAD. There re tons of people leaving NY to southern states as well because of several reasons, no doubt, but please save me the gospel of "en masse", lls.. You people and your random BS never seem to amaze me.

Does it mean that at Greyhound park or at Union Station here in DC, several thousands of people boarding the buses and the trains daily are migrating into NY? SMH... cheesy cheesy
Re: Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. by dayokanu(m): 5:36pm On Sep 20, 2013
^^ Its common knowledge that we have more Ibos in the SouthWest than Yorubas in Iboland

And they are not here for business, they are fully resident. People Like Achebe, Ojukwu, Emeagwali and several prominent Ibo men have made the SW their home in time past.

Hardly would you find any Yoruba living in Iboland

1 Like

Re: Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. by manny4life(m): 5:44pm On Sep 20, 2013
dayokanu: ^^ Its common knowledge that we have more Ibos in the SouthWest than Yorubas in Iboland

And they are not here for business, they are fully resident. People Like Achebe, Ojukwu, Emeagwali and several prominent Ibo men have made the SW their home in time past.

No, you have more Igbos in LAGOS (though Lagos is SW), this is the ONLY place with high concentration of Igbos and there's a reason for that. Since the dawn of time, Lagos has always been the center of ALL political, entertainment, business, banking, trade and commerce activities. Lagos received attention back then, from govt and trade/commerce investment, so please, don't come preaching that gospel for me. Igbos established several years ago, so it will take something more serious to make them move. That prominent Igbo men made "LAGOS" as their resident does not mean Igbos are migrating en masse into Lagos let alone SW...LOL, bros don't get it twisted.
Re: Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. by meccuno: 5:56pm On Sep 20, 2013
geeez:

For every one of his unknown cousins that get kidnapped by his people here in the SW, six prominent and twelve unknown people in the SE are kidnapped
don't be so naive...what you wrote does it make sense to you?
Re: Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. by passion007: 6:01pm On Sep 20, 2013
dayokanu: ^^ Its common knowledge that we have more Ibos in the SouthWest than Yorubas in Iboland

There are Igbo people resident in the North as well. In fact, they're everywhere. In 1946, my paternal grand parents (God bless their memory) got married in the town of Shendam, Plateau State despite being from IsiUzo in Enugu State. They returned after completing their family (?1959), but maintained business relations with Shendam. My father and his siblings all speak fluent Hausa.
In other words, Igbo migratory behavior is ingrained. Even if there was nothing of note in Lagos, you would likely still find Igbos there. Housing the nation's ports is even more reason why Igbos have a significant presence in Lagos.

Yorubas in Igboland blend in very easily because there aren't stifling rules over there. They blend in so well you hardly can tell they're Yoruba. Igbos are so peaceful and so accommodating. I had a couple classmates who took Igbo first names: Ifeanyi and Chiomai. smiley
Re: Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. by cashkid18(m): 6:01pm On Sep 20, 2013

dude,d last time i checked ibos ar migratin to lagos to their business bcuz of d huge population there nt to any other sw state..i wonder wat an ibo will b in dt unhabitable place called ibadan..btw who told they ar no yorubas here in enugu
Re: Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. by meccuno: 6:02pm On Sep 20, 2013
obitwo: And they keep comparing the state to Oyo who the whole of the SE states is just about the size of Oyo State

Even Osun State is almost twice as rich

If I hear Enu ...
lol...most of you peeps havent even been outside the southwest,and you keep on judging the east through the eyes of newspapers and hear say......i wonder what you stand to achieve.......some of you might have served there but might not even have the opportuinity of knowing the land or its culture....please on what basis would you use to compare osun state and oyo state with enugu state?
Re: Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. by meccuno: 6:07pm On Sep 20, 2013
Ikengawo: Here are facts and figures

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=meqNoIyT7aU you are doing a nice job of trying to et these peeps know what the state is all about.....i used to have that perception that asides lagos,no where else. though am from the east,until i started to move from one eastern state to another.....enugu,imo,calabar,and ph are very nice places i could live........though they might be very expensive,they could compete with lagos if they had what lagos has.... cool

Re: Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. by meccuno: 6:16pm On Sep 20, 2013
Kairoseki77:

Here it is again! Still patiently waiting for you to provide facts and figures.
well ....what we can see speaks volume of the difference between the two states....apart from lagos,i cant stay any where else in the south west.....if u want facts,and not sentiments,the we might as well believe that kano is more populated than lagos........
Re: Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. by meccuno: 6:17pm On Sep 20, 2013
Kairoseki77:

Is that why your people go there to beg?
which easterner would you see heading to oyo state? please dont be a joker...
Re: Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. by dayokanu(m): 6:17pm On Sep 20, 2013
cashkid18: dude,d last time i checked ibos ar migratin to lagos to their business bcuz of d huge population there nt to any other sw state..i wonder wat an ibo will b in dt unhabitable place called ibadan..btw who told they ar no yorubas here in enugu

Achebe- Ibadan, Emeagwali- Akure
Re: Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. by dayokanu(m): 6:20pm On Sep 20, 2013
passion007: Yorubas in Igboland blend in very easily because there aren't stifling rules over there. They blend in so well you hardly can tell they're Yoruba. Igbos are so peaceful and so accommodating. I had a couple classmates who took Igbo first names: Ifeanyi and Chiomai. smiley

Iboland is the most hostile region to stay in

We have Portharcourt, kano, Jos, Ibadan all in different region with huge migrant population.
Re: Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. by dayokanu(m): 6:21pm On Sep 20, 2013
cashkid18: dude,d last time i checked ibos ar migratin to lagos to their business bcuz of d huge population there nt to any other sw state..i wonder wat an ibo will b in dt unhabitable place called ibadan..btw who told they ar no yorubas here in enugu

Can you compare the number of Yoruba in Enugu to Ibos in Ibadan?
Re: Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. by Kairoseki77: 6:32pm On Sep 20, 2013
meccuno: which easterner would you see heading to oyo state? please dont be a joker...

Are you kidding? Igbos are ALL OVER the SW working as petty traders and market women.

There are plenty Igbos living in illegal structures in Oyo. Too many in fact. I feel bad for Nigeria when I see them.
Re: Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. by dayokanu(m): 6:34pm On Sep 20, 2013
Kairoseki77:

Are you kidding? Igbos are ALL OVER the SW working as petty traders and market women.

There are plenty Igbos living in illegal structures in Oyo. Too many in fact. I feel bad for Nigeria when I see them.

All those selling Okrika all over Ibadan, Go to Dugbe and see them

2 Likes

Re: Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. by manny4life(m): 6:37pm On Sep 20, 2013
Kairoseki77:

Petty traders and market women all over SW? Lol...

Dude, your lies are welcomed, no shaking.
Re: Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. by dayokanu(m): 6:45pm On Sep 20, 2013
manny4life: Petty traders and market women all over SW? Lol...

Dude, your lies are welcomed, no shaking.

Most of those selling electronics, Second hand clothes, Spare parts, even hawking puff-puff in show glass are Ibos

You have never been to the SouthWest before so you wont know instead of admitting you go on in blind argument

2 Likes

Re: Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. by Kairoseki77: 7:18pm On Sep 20, 2013
dayokanu:

Most of those selling electronics, Second hand clothes, Spare parts, even hawking puff-puff in show glass are Ibos

You have never been to the SouthWest before so you wont know instead of admitting you go on in blind argument

Yes. Aside from e-war, this is 100% the truth.

Take one visit to the SW and you will see that this is true. We have many Hausas as well in the SW working odd jobs. I have never in my life seen Yorubas in such large numbers working odd jobs in any region of Nigeria.

This isn't even boasting, but just a fact. Igbos need to handle their region so that their poor do not end up as destitutes in the SW. Those people have no hope for their future. You can see it in their eyes.
Re: Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. by cashkid18(m): 7:21pm On Sep 20, 2013
dayokanu:

Can you compare the number of Yoruba in Enugu to Ibos in Ibadan?
only dose ones sellin dt they useless herbal concotions in ogbete main mkt surpasses d ibos in d entire sw apart frm lag
Re: Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. by Kairoseki77: 7:26pm On Sep 20, 2013
cashkid18: only dose ones sellin dt they useless herbal concotions in ogbete main mkt surpasses d ibos in d entire sw apart frm lag

Be serious. If you have been to the SW, you would know that the way Igbos live in the SW isn't even a funny thing. But very sad.

It is never one market that they trade in, but in all markets. They are everywhere, and very poor. Like zombies.
Re: Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. by cashkid18(m): 7:28pm On Sep 20, 2013
dayokanu:

Achebe- Ibadan, Emeagwali- Akure
luks like u were high wen u typed dis rubbish..does achebe n emeagwali stay nigeria

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (18) (Reply)

Zahra Buhari And Her Mother, Aisha, At Her Henna Ceremony / 9th National Assembly: Tinubu, Boroffice, Folarin Eye Ekweremadu’s Seat / Wike, Ortom, Makinde, Others Shun PDP Campaign Inauguration

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.