Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,142 members, 7,815,005 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:30 AM

Christians, What Happened To The 4th Commandment? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christians, What Happened To The 4th Commandment? (5706 Views)

Please Strong Christians What's The Meaning Of This Dream / Fellow Christians: What Is Happening To Us? / Christians:What Fruit Did Adam And Eve Eat Inside The Garden Of Eden? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Christians, What Happened To The 4th Commandment? by plaetton: 5:29pm On Sep 15, 2013
Doc_Miss: So what u're saying is.....we can keep Six days in a week ''UNHOLY'' but we MUST keep the sabbath 'Holy' .

As a Christian....u Must keep Every other day Holy and not just the sabbath. Everyday should be kept Holy

Ha ha ha. This one has not even read her bible. lol

No honey, I am not saying anything.
Your bible says so.
Re: Christians, What Happened To The 4th Commandment? by Nobody: 5:34pm On Sep 15, 2013
plaetton:

Your bible says so.
You Know I'm right bro :p . U can't just admit it.
The fact that the Bible says Keep the sabbath day holy doesn't mean everyother day Can be unholy. We keep Sundays Holy....we also Keep saturdays holy..same with Every other day in the week.
Re: Christians, What Happened To The 4th Commandment? by takeprofit: 5:36pm On Sep 15, 2013
Doc_Miss: This ur history get as e be grin.

The Roman emperor Constantine who was Once a Pagan saw some Sort of sign . He assumed that the Sign was sent to Him in Order to convert him to Christianity.

He and his Army bacame christians but in their heart,they were still Pagans. They worshipped the god of Sun On SUNDAY.

The also forced the Israelites who were slaves then to worship On sunday. He didn't change the sabbath. It's still Saturday. Anybody caught worshipping on Saturday was Tagged as an Heretic and maybe killed.

So....the sabbath did not become Sunday because Jesus rose on Sunday.

are u serious. u have any documented proof?
Re: Christians, What Happened To The 4th Commandment? by plaetton: 5:36pm On Sep 15, 2013
Reyginus: Lol. Are my a jew? You don't have a bible to show me?

I just love the way you answer a question with a question.

Is your religion not derived from Judaism?
Are you now disowning Moses and the 10 commandments?

Re: Christians, What Happened To The 4th Commandment? by plaetton: 5:41pm On Sep 15, 2013
Doc_Miss: You Know I'm right bro :p . U can't just admit it.
The fact that the Bible says Keep the sabbath day holy doesn't mean everyother day Can be unholy. We keep Sundays Holy....we also Keep saturdays holy..same with Every other day in the week.

Why are you twisting things around.
I have not made a single mention of other days of the week.
My concern in this topic is why you christians Mark Sundays as holy while ignoring the 4th commandment to keep Saturdays holy?

I am not the author of the commandments. If you have a problem why you should keep only saturdays holy, go and take it up with god or Moses.
I am just asking why you are disobeying god, which you know that you are , but too shy to admit?
Re: Christians, What Happened To The 4th Commandment? by Nobody: 5:43pm On Sep 15, 2013
takeprofit:

are u serious. u have any documented proof?
No . Google is ur friend bro
Re: Christians, What Happened To The 4th Commandment? by Nobody: 5:44pm On Sep 15, 2013
plaetton:

Why are you twisting things around.
I have not made a single mention of other days of the week.
My concern in this topic is why you christians Mark Sundays as holy while ignoring the 4th commandment to keep Saturdays holy?

I am not the author of the commandments. If you have a problem why you should keep only saturdays holy, go and take it up with god or Moses.
I am just asking why you are disobeying god, which you know that you are , but too shy to admit?
We aren't disobeying God Friend. We keep saturdays holy aswell
Re: Christians, What Happened To The 4th Commandment? by Ayomivic(m): 5:50pm On Sep 15, 2013
plaetton:
We have be taught from childhood that the 10 commandments were directly from god and that anyone who disobeyed any one of them was destined for eternal torture in hell.

The fourth commandment is:

Remember the Sabbath day, and keep it holy. For six days you shall labor and do all your work. But the seventh day is a Sabbath to the Lord your G-d; you shall not do any work-you, your son or your daughter, your male or female slave, your livestock, or the alien resident in your towns. For in six days the Lord made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that is in them, but rested the seventh day; therefore the Lord blessed the Sabbath day and consecrated it.

However, it amazes me that for nearly 2000yrs, the entire body of christianity has been willfully disobeying the 4th commandment without any guilt or fear of punishment.

So, my question is: Has the 4th commandment been amended or repealed?
Because, if not, then we can all assume that nearly all practicing christians are bound for hell on account of worshipping on Sundays, instead of the sixth day as prescribed by the 10 commandments.

Am I correct?

I need someone to update me on this curious development.
I can see that Many people still don't know the different between OT and NT.
Re: Christians, What Happened To The 4th Commandment? by takeprofit: 5:51pm On Sep 15, 2013
Doc_Miss: We aren't disobeying God Friend. We keep saturdays holy aswell

How many christians rest on saturday? businessmen and traders go to work. even sundays.
Re: Christians, What Happened To The 4th Commandment? by plaetton: 5:52pm On Sep 15, 2013
Doc_Miss: We aren't disobeying God Friend. We keep saturdays holy aswell

Ok. Maybe you are speaking for yourself.

But what about the other 2 billion or so christians who do not?

Can you now see why hell is being warmed up to receive them?
Re: Christians, What Happened To The 4th Commandment? by Nobody: 5:53pm On Sep 15, 2013
plaetton:

I just love the way you answer a question with a question.

Is your religion not derived from Judaism?
Are you now disowning Moses and the 10 commandments?

Stop this ignorance please. It becoming infectious. Just quote where the bible tasked christains to keep saturday holy?
Re: Christians, What Happened To The 4th Commandment? by Nobody: 5:55pm On Sep 15, 2013
takeprofit:

How many christians rest on saturday? businessmen and traders go to work. even sundays.
I'm talking for myself bro..
Re: Christians, What Happened To The 4th Commandment? by Nobody: 5:59pm On Sep 15, 2013
plaetton:

Saturday is the sabbath, is it not?
Why do christians ignore keeping the Sabbath, saturday, holy , and instead, keep the first day of the week, the sun-day , holy?
it all originated 4rm rome sire.. It's all part of the wrong doctrines crawling into the church
Re: Christians, What Happened To The 4th Commandment? by Ayomivic(m): 6:00pm On Sep 15, 2013
macof:
Christians are confused people.
which religion is yours and what do you know about your religion?
Re: Christians, What Happened To The 4th Commandment? by Nobody: 6:04pm On Sep 15, 2013
plaetton:

I did not need to be told.

All the millions of Christians who ignore Saturday, the sabbath day, and instead, keep Sunday holy by worshiping on Sunday is my proof.

According to GENESIS 2:2, GOD finished his work on d 7th day and rested on the 7th day.. He sanctified it and ordered that it be kept holy..

1 Like

Re: Christians, What Happened To The 4th Commandment? by Nobody: 6:07pm On Sep 15, 2013
sylvalord:
saturday is not d sabbath day.. GOD rested on the 7th day whch z sunday.. So sunday is the sabbath day
Sunday is the first day

1 Like

Re: Christians, What Happened To The 4th Commandment? by takeprofit: 6:09pm On Sep 15, 2013
sylvalord:
u r being deceived..

According to GENESIS 2:2, GOD finished his work on d 7th day and rested on the 7th day.. He sanctified it and ordered that it be kept holy.. Now the last time i checked, sunday and not saturday is the 7th day; therefore sunday and not saturday is the sabbath day

lol. check ur calendar well or ask google
Re: Christians, What Happened To The 4th Commandment? by takeprofit: 6:11pm On Sep 15, 2013
i even heard Constantine brought a lot of pagan worship rituals into Catholicism
Re: Christians, What Happened To The 4th Commandment? by noblefada: 6:20pm On Sep 15, 2013
@plaetton I have seen ur start threads based on ignorance and u argue base on ur limited knowledge. I avoided so many of the thread becos when someone tries put u right u just dismiss or argue because ur mind is made up, that's why many knowledgeable xtians just avoid ur thread.
But let me indulge u, for u to understand what happened to the Sabbath day, read the book of Hebrews because it is clearly explained there.
Re: Christians, What Happened To The 4th Commandment? by plaetton: 6:32pm On Sep 15, 2013
sylvalord:
saturday is not d sabbath day.. GOD rested on the 7th day whch z sunday.. So sunday is the sabbath day

You need to go back to kindergarten sir.
Re: Christians, What Happened To The 4th Commandment? by plaetton: 6:35pm On Sep 15, 2013
noblefada: @plaetton I have seen ur start threads based on ignorance and u argue base on ur limited knowledge. I avoided so many of the thread becos when someone tries put u right u just dismiss or argue because ur mind is made up, that's why many knowledgeable xtians just avoid ur thread.
But let me indulge u, for u to understand what happened to the Sabbath day, read the book of Hebrews because it is clearly explained there.

So why can't you explain it here?
That is why I opened the thread, so that I could know?

The problem with you homo-religilous is that every genuine question frightens you guys.

Just answer my questions as simply and as honestly as you can , and forget about my motives.
Re: Christians, What Happened To The 4th Commandment? by plaetton: 6:38pm On Sep 15, 2013
Reyginus: Stop this ignorance please. It becoming infectious. Just quote where the bible tasked christains to keep saturday holy?

Unbelievable!

Sir honourable Reyginus,
If I have to show you where the bible tasked Christians to keep the Sabbath holy, then I may have to recommend you for a refresher course in junior Sunday school.
Pls, don't make me do that.
Re: Christians, What Happened To The 4th Commandment? by wordcat(m): 7:15pm On Sep 15, 2013
plaetton:

So god gives you a commandment and you decide when and how it is suitable for you to keep?
Na wa for this religion.
No wonder well is being warmed up fir you guys.
;

Religious people are the most confused beings in the world

1 Like

Re: Christians, What Happened To The 4th Commandment? by Nobody: 7:18pm On Sep 15, 2013
Doc_Miss: Sunday is the first day
yea.. I just had a rethink and discovered dat.. embarassed
Re: Christians, What Happened To The 4th Commandment? by Nobody: 7:22pm On Sep 15, 2013
plaetton:

You need to go back to kindergarten sir.
lol.. Dnt mind me sire.. My mind was so filled dat i didn't think b4 typing.. 4give me.. D sabbath day is indeed saturday cheesy
Re: Christians, What Happened To The 4th Commandment? by wordcat(m): 7:23pm On Sep 15, 2013
Ayomivic:
I can see that Many people still don't know the different between OT and NT.
;

Pls tell me, what's the different.
Re: Christians, What Happened To The 4th Commandment? by Nobody: 7:28pm On Sep 15, 2013
takeprofit:

lol. check ur calendar well or ask google
dat won't be necessary sire.. I av noticed my flaw

1 Like

Re: Christians, What Happened To The 4th Commandment? by nnofaith: 7:39pm On Sep 15, 2013
sylvalord:
lol.. Dnt mind me sire.. My mind was so filled dat i didn't think b4 typing.. 4give me.. D sabbath day is indeed saturday cheesy
hmmm! i wonder what else you have not thought through about religion?
Re: Christians, What Happened To The 4th Commandment? by noblefada: 8:04pm On Sep 15, 2013
plaetton:

So why can't you explain it here?
That is why I opened the thread, so that I could know?

The problem with you homo-religilous is that every genuine question frightens you guys.

Just answer my questions as simply and as honestly as you can , and forget about my motives.
The Sabbath in the law was figurative of what was to come in form of salvation, where God's people will seize from their works (law) and receive the grace of salvation through Jesus Christ and all that is needed is to believe, Heb 4:3 For we which have believed do enter into rest, as he said, As I have sworn in my wrath, if they shall enter into my rest: although the works were finished from the foundation of the world. ( pls read Hebrews chapter 3&4 for better understanding). So through the grace of God that is gotten thru faith in Christ Jesus, believers now have rest in the finished work of Cross. So what happened to the Sabbath day, it has been fulfilled. Mat 5:17: Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.
Re: Christians, What Happened To The 4th Commandment? by Nobody: 8:12pm On Sep 15, 2013
plaetton:

Saturday is the sabbath, is it not?
Why do christians ignore keeping the Sabbath, saturday, holy , and instead, keep the first day of the week, the sun-day , holy?
we have passed the era of being under the law. The law is now fulfilled in us, as we walk in love. The fact that you do not even understand what i am saying now implies that
-you should have studied harder before creating this thread
-you are an unspiritual man. Spiritual wisdom is incompatible with you..
Re: Christians, What Happened To The 4th Commandment? by Nobody: 8:14pm On Sep 15, 2013
I answered that as simply as i could.
You can read the latter part of 1 corinthians 2
Re: Christians, What Happened To The 4th Commandment? by Nobody: 8:18pm On Sep 15, 2013
plaetton:

Your bible says so.
i believe you should read the bible more sir. It won't do you much good though, unless you are genuine and sincere.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

I Want To Help Atheism Grow. *wink* Wink* / Can You Curse What God Has Blessed? / The Difference Between The Average Nairaland Muslim And Nairaland Christian

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.