Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,309 members, 7,815,562 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:33 PM

Christians, What Happened To The 4th Commandment? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christians, What Happened To The 4th Commandment? (5708 Views)

Please Strong Christians What's The Meaning Of This Dream / Fellow Christians: What Is Happening To Us? / Christians:What Fruit Did Adam And Eve Eat Inside The Garden Of Eden? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Christians, What Happened To The 4th Commandment? by Judas2013: 10:36pm On Sep 15, 2013
Goshen360:

So,.say if you kill someone now, for instance, you don't believe that's a sin?

I wouldn't say it is wrong to kill. Some lives needs to be terminated if they are hazardous to others. But killing someone for the fun of it is insane. Such people might require psychiatrist help or termination. A sin doesn't come into the picture.
Re: Christians, What Happened To The 4th Commandment? by haibe(m): 10:36pm On Sep 15, 2013
plaetton: Why should I ignore the plain English words of scripture to rely on your blind faith interpretations?

Haha moving to another argument
Re: Christians, What Happened To The 4th Commandment? by plaetton: 10:36pm On Sep 15, 2013
Goshen360:

If I show you, will you believe our testimony and end this thread? I'm willing to show you!!!
What have been waiting for?
I am only interested in the words of Jesus..pls don't quote Paul or any other fraudster.

1 Like

Re: Christians, What Happened To The 4th Commandment? by Goshen360(m): 10:37pm On Sep 15, 2013
@ plaetton,

I want to show you that when any comes to Christ, that's the END OF THE MOSAIC LAWS. Do you want me show you?
Re: Christians, What Happened To The 4th Commandment? by haibe(m): 10:37pm On Sep 15, 2013
Judas2013:

I wouldn't say it is wrong to kill. Some lives needs to be terminated if they are hazardous to others. But killing someone for the fun of it is insane. Such people might require psychiatrist help or termination. A sin doesn't come into the picture.

Obviously Goshen meant murder, not understanding context is what make you find the bible confusing, if you murder someone now is it a sin?
Re: Christians, What Happened To The 4th Commandment? by Nobody: 10:39pm On Sep 15, 2013
plaetton:
You mean it expired?
no, completed, ended, we follow a new law now. The law of the spirit of life in Christ Jesus

1 Like

Re: Christians, What Happened To The 4th Commandment? by Goshen360(m): 10:40pm On Sep 15, 2013
plaetton:
What have been waiting for?
I am only interested in the words of Jesus..pls don't quote Paul or any other fraudster.

Why won't I quote Paul? Don't you know the REVELATION. OF THE FINISHED WORKS OF CHRIST was given to. Paul?
Re: Christians, What Happened To The 4th Commandment? by plaetton: 10:41pm On Sep 15, 2013
noblefada:
@plaetton for 3rd time Mat 5:17-18, Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil. For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.
And the fulfilling of #4 was salvation in Christ Heb 4:1-end. Have answered ur question?
Efing bullshyt.
I suggest you read it over and over again.
The bible which u are quoting is saying one thing and you are telling me that it means another thing. Are you crazy or something?
You can pull that crap on illiterates and sunday school children, not me.
Re: Christians, What Happened To The 4th Commandment? by plaetton: 10:42pm On Sep 15, 2013
Goshen360:

Why won't I quote Paul? Don't you know the REVELATION. OF THE FINISHED WORKS OF CHRIST was given to. Paul?
And let me guess, Paul told you so, right?
Hilarious bunch

1 Like

Re: Christians, What Happened To The 4th Commandment? by Judas2013: 10:44pm On Sep 15, 2013
haibe:

Obviously Goshen meant murder, not understanding context is what make you find the bible confusing.

Murder can be committed by an insane person. But in a case of revenge and jealousy, i would recommend jail or termination so they don't go about killing more. Is it a sin to a god? I doubt! Because god wasn't the one killed.

What about someone who kills a cow,rat,insect etc. ain't those murder of living things as well? In some countries if you kill a dog you will go to jail!
Re: Christians, What Happened To The 4th Commandment? by Goshen360(m): 10:44pm On Sep 15, 2013
plaetton:
And let me guess, Paul told you so, right?
Hilarious bunch

No!!! Christ revealed it to Paul.
Re: Christians, What Happened To The 4th Commandment? by Nobody: 10:47pm On Sep 15, 2013
I'm glad because we all converse here with minimal insults and scoffing.
Re: Christians, What Happened To The 4th Commandment? by haibe(m): 10:48pm On Sep 15, 2013
Judas2013:

Murder can be committed by an insane person. But in a case of revenge and jealousy, i would recommend jail or termination so they don't go about killing more. Is it a sin to a god? I doubt! Because god wasn't the one killed.

What about someone who kills a cow,rat,insect etc. ain't those murder of living things as well? In some countries if you kill a dog you will go to jail!

Even though he wasn't the one killed, he created that person and should be the one to take him not you nor any man.

Murder is an unlawful killing, killing rats, mosquitoes and co are not unlawful, infact they are encouraged.
Re: Christians, What Happened To The 4th Commandment? by noblefada: 10:50pm On Sep 15, 2013
plaetton:
Efing bullshyt.
I suggest you read it over and over again.
The bible which u are quoting is saying one thing and you are telling me that it means another thing. Are you crazy or something?
You can pull that crab on illiterates and sunday school children, not me.
You're very funny, you asked where Jesus said the 10 commandments was fulfilled I give Matt 5:17. pls what don't u understand
Re: Christians, What Happened To The 4th Commandment? by Judas2013: 10:54pm On Sep 15, 2013
haibe:

Even though he wasn't the one killed, he created that person and should be the one to take him not you nor any man.

Murder is an unlawful killing, killing rats, mosquitoes and co are not unlawful, infact they are encouraged.

If "he" indeed created humans, he can always create more if humans commit murder. And i think it is very arrogant of humans to think we are superior to other life forms. Thy all need to be respected regardless of how helpless they are. I notice you use "he" for god,is this god a male entity?
Re: Christians, What Happened To The 4th Commandment? by Nobody: 11:00pm On Sep 15, 2013
Where is plaetton? Him don sleep

1 Like

Re: Christians, What Happened To The 4th Commandment? by haibe(m): 11:02pm On Sep 15, 2013
Re: Christians, What Happened To The 4th Commandment? by Goshen360(m): 11:05pm On Sep 15, 2013
@ plaetton,

Do. you know why the law, including the 10 commandments is null and void to Christians?

This is because, the law itself says, if you gonna keep the law, you must keep ALL. And the Sabbath is included in this ALL that you have to keep.

Since we cannot pick some and leave others out, the WHOLE is null and void. The ones that are re-introduced to us in the new testament is not because the law says so but because it is part of our new nature in Christ.
Re: Christians, What Happened To The 4th Commandment? by Goshen360(m): 11:06pm On Sep 15, 2013
Chibuebem: Where is plaetton? Him don sleep

No, he don run... grin una don bombard am... grin

2 Likes

Re: Christians, What Happened To The 4th Commandment? by Nobody: 11:10pm On Sep 15, 2013
Goshen360:

No, he don run... grin una don bombard am... grin
grin

1 Like

Re: Christians, What Happened To The 4th Commandment? by haibe(m): 11:16pm On Sep 15, 2013
Judas2013:

If "he" indeed created humans, he can always create more if humans commit murder. And i think it is very arrogant of humans to think we are superior to other life forms. Thy all need to be respected regardless of how helpless they are. I notice you use "he" for god,is this god a male entity?

We humans are created in the image of God, wonderfully and fearfully made so He won't want us to be murdered even though he can create more.

Killing animals aren't unlawful, infact some are created mainly for meat, do you eat meat or fish or snail or crab??

God cannot be male since he isn't human, i used He because that's the only possible pronoun i know to use.

1 Like

Re: Christians, What Happened To The 4th Commandment? by plaetton: 11:21pm On Sep 15, 2013
My battery Don die o. Will hook up later
Re: Christians, What Happened To The 4th Commandment? by haibe(m): 11:24pm On Sep 15, 2013
plaetton: My battery Don die o. Will hook up later
Ok bro, later but what of your brother judas?

1 Like

Re: Christians, What Happened To The 4th Commandment? by Goshen360(m): 11:42pm On Sep 15, 2013
haibe:
Ok bro, later but what of your brother judas?

grin Judas? shocked That ain't a bad name\I.D, you know... grin
Re: Christians, What Happened To The 4th Commandment? by haibe(m): 12:11am On Sep 16, 2013
Goshen360:

grin Judas? shocked That ain't a bad name\I.D, you know... grin

Lol not bad at all gringringrin
Re: Christians, What Happened To The 4th Commandment? by plaetton: 1:43am On Sep 16, 2013
Goshen360:

No!!! Christ revealed it to Paul.

Ha ha ha.
And Paul said so , right?
Suckerrrrrrrrrrrr!
If you can can believe Paul, I can sell you third mainland bridge as my inheritance. cheesy

Jesus is the cornerstone of the Christian faith.
Any contradictory teaching from Paul, or any so-called apostolic teaching that tries to complement or suppliment ,or places itself as an adjunct to the real teachings of Jesus, are NULL and Void.
Re: Christians, What Happened To The 4th Commandment? by plaetton: 3:24am On Sep 16, 2013
@Goshen360, Chiduebem, Haibe, Noblefada etc,

I present you with the following passages again.

Please read read it and read it, and read it over again.
If possible, consult your English teacher.

17 ¶Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfill.

18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven

Lets put these verses through the microscope one by one.

1. ¶Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfill.

Here Jesus states categorically that he did not come to destroy(or annul ) the law(mosaic and 10 commandments), or the prophets, but to fulfill them (uphold them).
Not so?
So, bro Goshem , you are not being economical with the truth.

2. 18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one title shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

Here again, Jesus categorically states that till heaven and earth pass ( till the end of the world) nothing whatsoever shall be removed from the law till all be fulfilled.

Again, Goshel, et al, you are sooooo wrong.

3. 19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven

Need I say more?
Jesus says that whosoever breaks theses least commandments( the 10 commandments included) or teaches men so (Goshen et al take note) shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven( Do I smell the burning flesh of Goshen et al in hell?) .

Need I say more?

Jesus says in plain English that he comes to uphold the lay , not annul it.
Jesus says in plain English that nothing, nada, should be taken from the laws till thy kingdom come.
Jesus says that whosoever breaks the least of the laws or commandments shall be rejected from the kingdom of heaven ( and most likely face hell).

So, Goshen, Chiduebem, Hibe, Noblefada, et al, you all better repent fast.
Stop distorting the written words of the bible.
Gosh!
I would hate to see you all in hell.

cheesy
Re: Christians, What Happened To The 4th Commandment? by Goshen360(m): 4:05am On Sep 16, 2013
^
Abeg make I sleep joor. cheesy

When you give a man contract to do under an agreement, when such contract is FULFILLED, doesn't it come to AN END?

Think about that till I meet you again. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Christians, What Happened To The 4th Commandment? by plaetton: 4:05am On Sep 16, 2013
haibe:

1).He fulfilled it by being the perfect sacrifice for our sins, what the OT was directed at

What sins? The ones i committed yesterday or about to commit tomorrow?

haibe:

2). Love God with all your heart, love your neigbour as your self, this is the way we christians fulfill the law.

Love god? Which god? Yahweh?
Pls give me a break.
If the ancient Israelites could not love him, why would a black African?

Africans already love their neigbors and are their brother's keepers.
We dont need yahweh to do that.
Re: Christians, What Happened To The 4th Commandment? by plaetton: 4:07am On Sep 16, 2013
Goshen360: ^

When you give a man contract to do under an agreement, when such contract is FULFILLED, doesn't it come to AN END?

Ok bros wink
Re: Christians, What Happened To The 4th Commandment? by takeprofit: 4:50am On Sep 16, 2013
Goshen360: ^

nawaoo. so, i have no business with the old testament (what is it still doing in the bible?) since its an executed contract.
lets face the new testament/contract.

btw Tithing is a product of old contract? hw about all these talk about women wearing trouser or not?
Re: Christians, What Happened To The 4th Commandment? by MEILYN(m): 8:11am On Sep 16, 2013
noblefada:
The Sabbath in the law was figurative of what was to come in form of salvation, where God's people will seize from their works (law) and receive the grace of salvation through Jesus Christ and all that is needed is to believe, Heb 4:3 For we which have believed do enter into rest, as he said, As I have sworn in my wrath, if they shall enter into my rest: although the works were finished from the foundation of the world. ( pls read Hebrews chapter 3&4 for better understanding). So through the grace of God that is gotten thru faith in Christ Jesus, believers now have rest in the finished work of Cross. So what happened to the Sabbath day, it has been fulfilled. Mat 5:17: Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.
rubbish.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Never Neglect Rules And Focus On Prayer / The Difference Between The Average Nairaland Muslim And Nairaland Christian / Another Warning By Brother Ubani

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.