Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,486 members, 7,826,838 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 09:23 PM

Christians, What Happened To The 4th Commandment? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christians, What Happened To The 4th Commandment? (5721 Views)

Please Strong Christians What's The Meaning Of This Dream / Fellow Christians: What Is Happening To Us? / Christians:What Fruit Did Adam And Eve Eat Inside The Garden Of Eden? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Christians, What Happened To The 4th Commandment? by plaetton: 8:29pm On Sep 15, 2013
@noblefada
This is the second biggest piece of pure crab I have seen today. Congrats.

Everything you wrote is sooooo irrelevant to the topic. You guys are greatly conflicted in your minds.
What has all that baloney got to do with my simple question?
Did Jesus repeal the 10 commandments?
Its a simple yes or no answer.
If so, then Christians should stop teaching it to children.
Re: Christians, What Happened To The 4th Commandment? by plaetton: 8:37pm On Sep 15, 2013
Chibuebem: we have passed the era of being under the law. The law is now fulfilled in us, as we walk in love. The fact that you do not even understand what i am saying now implies that
-you should have studied harder before creating this thread
-you are an unspiritual man. Spiritual wisdom is incompatible with you..

You guys are soooo hilarious that it borders on benign form of insanity.
I asked a very very simple question and you are here now waxing spiritual munbo jumbo to me.
what gives?
If you don't know, you don't know. Simple.
If Jesus repealed the 10 commandments, simply say so and show me where.
Enough of the babblings.
Re: Christians, What Happened To The 4th Commandment? by Nobody: 8:38pm On Sep 15, 2013
plaetton: @noblefada

Everything you wrote is sooooo irrelevant to the topic. You guys are greatly conflicted in your minds.
JESUS fulfilled the commandments
Re: Christians, What Happened To The 4th Commandment? by plaetton: 8:54pm On Sep 15, 2013
Chibuebem: JESUS fulfilled the commandments
So the commandments of god are pronounced null and void by Jesus?

Can you give me bible reference for that please.
N:B
I want to hear straight from Jesus's mouth.
I don't give a rat's bottom about Paul or any apostles and their ramblings.
Re: Christians, What Happened To The 4th Commandment? by noblefada: 9:00pm On Sep 15, 2013
plaetton: @noblefada

You're so funny wahali! why are u acting confused, in my post I said clearly that Jesus fulfilled not just the 10 commandment but the whole law and ur still asking me if Jesus repeal it. The fulfilment of #4 is salvation by grace. Tanx @chibuebem for re-echoing this. This the result when atheists who are ignorant about the scriptures start threads to discredit it, they end being confused.

1 Like

Re: Christians, What Happened To The 4th Commandment? by Nobody: 9:11pm On Sep 15, 2013
plaetton:

not null and void, fulfilled. Here's your verse:
-matthew 5:17
Do not think that I have come to abolish the law or the prophets; I have not come to abolish them, but to fulfil them.
Verses 18-20 explain much too. And Jesus went about correcting and modifying. He also gave a single commandment, to walk in love, this fulfils the law.

Paul and others are trustworthy cuz the Spirit spoke through them.
Jesus himself had much more to tell the disciples, but they wouldn't bear it. He said the holy spirij would come, and guide them into truth.
John 16:12-15.
The holy spirit came and laid foundational doctrine that we can build upon through the foundational apostles and prophets.
Re: Christians, What Happened To The 4th Commandment? by noblefada: 9:13pm On Sep 15, 2013
plaetton:

@plaetton did u not read my post? Matt 5:17, and to buttress that Gal 3:19-28: Wherefore then serveth the law? It was added because of transgressions, till the seed should come to whom the promise was made; and it was ordained by angels in the hand of a mediator. Now a mediator is not a mediator of one, but God is one. Is the law then against the promises of God? God forbid: for if there had been a law given which could have given life, verily righteousness should have been by the law. But the scripture hath concluded all under sin, that the promise by faith of Jesus Christ might be given to them that believe. But before faith came, we were kept under the law, shut up unto the faith which should afterwards be revealed. Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith. But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster. For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus. For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ. There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.
And pls u're not in a position to tell us what part of the bible we should use or not use. Our bible is one, u can't question ur faith and still tells what to believe.
Finally let me tell u those things u call ramblings are actually the explanation of the scriptures.
Re: Christians, What Happened To The 4th Commandment? by Nobody: 9:17pm On Sep 15, 2013
Youre welcome noblefada

@ oga plaetton: its not good to have JUST a head knowledge of the scriptures. Infact, it could kill you in some circumstances. There's power and life and spirit behind these words. GOD teaches us. You gotta accept Jesus man. You don't know what you're missing.
Re: Christians, What Happened To The 4th Commandment? by plaetton: 9:34pm On Sep 15, 2013
Am sorry guys. You have to forgive my sometimes intense outbursts.
But I have to tell you I have never understood religion, and may never will.
You are soooo bent on defending your beliefs that most times you actually forget what you are defending.
Yawheh gave the 10 comnandments to the Israelites. The ten commandments was supposed to regulate behaviors and morality.

I asked why Christians are not obeying the 4th commandment. You say because jesus fulfilled it.I have no idea what that means. I then asked if Jesus repealed or annulled it. You said no.
If fulfilling the 10 comandments is not the same as repealling it, then why are you not obeying the said law?
And, I have never in my life beard or read that Jesus fulfilled the 10 commandments.
In what way?

Methinks that duplicity , selective amnesia and schizophrenia is somehow interwoven with blind faith religion.
Re: Christians, What Happened To The 4th Commandment? by plaetton: 9:38pm On Sep 15, 2013
Chibuebem: not null and void, fulfilled. Here's your verse:
-matthew 5:17
Do not think that I have come to abolish the law or the prophets; I have not come to abolish them, but to fulfil them.
Verses 18-20 explain much too. And Jesus went about correcting and modifying. He also gave a single commandment, to walk in love, this fulfils the law.

Paul and others are trustworthy cuz the Spirit spoke through them.
Jesus himself had much more to tell the disciples, but they wouldn't bear it. He said the holy spirij would come, and guide them into truth.
John 16:12-15.
The holy spirit came and laid foundational doctrine that we can build upon through the foundational apostles and prophets.

Spirit inspired mombo jumbo. What makes you think that plaetton is not also spirit inspired to shred all this your mumbo jumbo?
Any clown can put something on paperr and claim spiritual inspiration.
Re: Christians, What Happened To The 4th Commandment? by Nobody: 9:42pm On Sep 15, 2013
Chibuebem: Youre welcome noblefada

@ oga plaetton: its not good to have JUST a head knowledge of the scriptures. Infact, it could kill you in some circumstances. There's power and life and spirit behind these words. GOD teaches us. You gotta accept Jesus man. You don't know what you're missing.

Truth be told, you don't know what you're losing.
Re: Christians, What Happened To The 4th Commandment? by plaetton: 9:42pm On Sep 15, 2013

Ok then. Please pass the weed. winkAnd a strong one pls.
Re: Christians, What Happened To The 4th Commandment? by Nobody: 9:45pm On Sep 15, 2013
plaetton: Am sorry guys. You have to forgive my sometimes intense outbursts.
You are soooo bent on defending your beliefs that most times you actually forget what you are defending.
Yawheh gave the 10 comnandments to the Israelites. The ten commandments was supposed to regulate behaviors and morality.

I asked why Christians are not obeying the 4th commandment. You say because jesus fulfilled it.I have no idea what that means. I then asked if Jesus repealed or annulled it. You said no.
If fulfilling the 10 comandments is not the same as repealling it, then why are you not obeying the said law?
And, I have never in my life beard or read that Jesus fulfilled the 10 commandments.
In what way?

Methinks that duplicity , selective amnesia and schizophrenia is somehow interwoven with blind faith religion.
You don't need religion. You need Jesus and his love. This is the real genuine message we preach; Gods love, Jesus, the message. I pray for you sir. It makes all the difference when you meet God, when you meet Jesus. You can understand these things. Its not about defending beliefs(sadly, i have done that a few times here, didn't do any good). Its about the message of Gods love and salvation from sin and the curse of inability to fulfill the law. Ponder sir. GOD is for you. You can meet him anywhere, anytime. If you want to know the true character of God, what he thinks, what he supports, his compassion and love for man. Look to Jesus. He is the author and finisher of our faith. May the power of this message get to you sir. May it change your life continually as it did(does) mine.
Re: Christians, What Happened To The 4th Commandment? by Nobody: 9:45pm On Sep 15, 2013
plaetton: Am sorry guys. You have to forgive my sometimes intense outbursts.

In what way?

You don't need religion. You need Jesus and his love. This is the real genuine message we preach; Gods love, Jesus, the message. I pray for you sir. It makes all the difference when you meet God, when you meet Jesus. You can understand these things. Its not about defending beliefs(sadly, i have done that a few times here, didn't do any good). Its about the message of Gods love and salvation from sin and the curse of inability to fulfill the law. Ponder sir. GOD is for you. You can meet him anywhere, anytime. If you want to know the true character of God, what he thinks, what he supports, his compassion and love for man. Look to Jesus. He is the author and finisher of our faith. May the power of this message get to you sir. May it change your life continually as it did(does) mine.
Re: Christians, What Happened To The 4th Commandment? by noblefada: 9:46pm On Sep 15, 2013
First for ur Info, Yahweh did not give just 10 commandments, but rather a set if law you can find them in Exodus 19, 20 & 21. This law were for a purpose to point the people to someone which is Christ Heb 10:1 For the law having a shadow of good things to come, and not the very image of the things, can never with those sacrifices which they offered year by year continually make the comers thereunto perfect. Pls take time to read all the scriptures highlighted and u will a better understanding. Shallom
Re: Christians, What Happened To The 4th Commandment? by Judas2013: 9:48pm On Sep 15, 2013
Alfa Seltzer: that's old testament tinz. we are in a new era of salvation thru the murder of jesus.

Actually the selling and murder of jesus grin
Re: Christians, What Happened To The 4th Commandment? by Judas2013: 9:49pm On Sep 15, 2013
noblefada: First for ur Info, Yahweh did not give just 10 commandments, but rather a set if law you can find them in Exodus 19, 20 & 21. This law were for a purpose to point the people to someone which is Christ Heb 10:1 For the law having a shadow of good things to come, and not the very image of the things, can never with those sacrifices which they offered year by year continually make the comers thereunto perfect. Pls take time to read all the scriptures highlighted and u will a better understanding. Shallom

Take time to read what?!! Bible na food?
Re: Christians, What Happened To The 4th Commandment? by haibe(m): 9:50pm On Sep 15, 2013
Where is Godwin oluwasegun aka Goshen??, he would explain better..
Re: Christians, What Happened To The 4th Commandment? by Judas2013: 9:51pm On Sep 15, 2013
haibe: Where is Godwin segun aka Goshen, he would explain better..

Because he wrote it?
Re: Christians, What Happened To The 4th Commandment? by plaetton: 9:51pm On Sep 15, 2013

My friend, to be really honest with you, I am surrounded by Jesus enslaved people. I feel great pity for them. All I see are fear and conflicts in their minds and souls, not to mention the vulnerability to manipulation and exploitation.
Tufiakwa is what I always say to myself.

The slaveship Jesus is an evil Yolk, especially for the blackman.

1 Like

Re: Christians, What Happened To The 4th Commandment? by haibe(m): 9:52pm On Sep 15, 2013
Judas2013:

Because he wrote it?

Not really, you would get to know soon
Re: Christians, What Happened To The 4th Commandment? by Goshen360(m): 9:55pm On Sep 15, 2013
The ten commandments is null and void at the cross of Christ including the Sabbath. When the new testament says, don't commit adultery, it's not because the law said so but because it is instructed in the new testament and because adultery is against our new birth and nature.
Re: Christians, What Happened To The 4th Commandment? by plaetton: 9:56pm On Sep 15, 2013
noblefada: First for ur Info, Yahweh did not give just 10 commandments, but rather a set if law you can find them in Exodus 19, 20 & 21. This law were for a purpose to point the people to someone which is Christ Heb 10:1 For the law having a shadow of good things to come, and not the very image of the things, can never with those sacrifices which they offered year by year continually make the comers thereunto perfect. Pls take time to read all the scriptures highlighted and u will a better understanding. Shallom

What?
Did you just say that yahweh did not give the ten commandments
This is even more serious than I thought.
Re: Christians, What Happened To The 4th Commandment? by Judas2013: 9:56pm On Sep 15, 2013
haibe:

Not really, you would get to know soon

I doubt,but lets see how good he can twist things
Re: Christians, What Happened To The 4th Commandment? by haibe(m): 9:57pm On Sep 15, 2013
Goshen360: The ten commandments is null and void at the cross of Christ including the Sabbath. When the new testament says, don't commit adultery, it's not because the law said so but because it is instructed in the new testament and because adultery is against our new birth and nature.

I was waiting patiently..
Re: Christians, What Happened To The 4th Commandment? by Judas2013: 9:57pm On Sep 15, 2013
Goshen360: The ten commandments is null and void at the cross of Christ including the Sabbath. When the new testament says, don't commit adultery, it's not because the law said so but because it is instructed in the new testament and because adultery is against our new birth and nature.

Can you give us a list of stuffs in the Old Testament that were rendered null and void on the cross?

1 Like

Re: Christians, What Happened To The 4th Commandment? by haibe(m): 9:58pm On Sep 15, 2013
Judas2013:

Can you give us a list of stuffs in the Old Testament that were rendered null and void on the cross?

THE LAW, all.
Re: Christians, What Happened To The 4th Commandment? by Judas2013: 10:00pm On Sep 15, 2013
haibe:

THE LAW, all.

Which laws pls. Be specific!
Re: Christians, What Happened To The 4th Commandment? by haibe(m): 10:00pm On Sep 15, 2013
Judas2013:

Which laws pls. Be specific!

ALL in the OT. Heb 8:13
Re: Christians, What Happened To The 4th Commandment? by Judas2013: 10:01pm On Sep 15, 2013
haibe:

ALL in the OT

Including tithes and worshiping yahweh?
Re: Christians, What Happened To The 4th Commandment? by haibe(m): 10:02pm On Sep 15, 2013
Judas2013:

Including tithes and worshiping yahweh?

Is there any other definition of ALL
Re: Christians, What Happened To The 4th Commandment? by Judas2013: 10:04pm On Sep 15, 2013
haibe:

Is there any other definition of ALL

Ok i get it. Now do you really believe a man can die for your sins?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Nairaland Atheists Can't Go A Day Without Talking About The Loving God. / The Prophecy Of Obaofusa Against Mjbolt(both Nairalanders) / Why Are You A Christian?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.