Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,815 members, 7,817,364 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:03 AM

National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students - Education (1506) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students (3485238 Views)

What You Don't Know About National Open University Of Nigeria (noun) / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) MBA Students. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1503) (1504) (1505) (1506) (1507) (1508) (1509) ... (1580) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Enskynelson(m): 12:47pm On Mar 14, 2023
Sophier:
Good afternoon all. Please i need some info urgently and will really appreciate all the replies i get. I graduated with a 3rd class in a science course and now I'm trying to apply for PDG economics in NOUN. Firstly i want to know if it's advisable to go for it and secondly i would love to know more about the PGD economics from anyone who has passed through it. Thank you as i await your kind responses.
Third Class in ANY DISCIPLINE is qualified to study PGD Economics according to the requirements. That means you are qualified. The programme is a 2-semster programme. Attached are the courses in for the programme. Let's wait for others to provide you with more information.

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Ezeanna: 1:13pm On Mar 14, 2023
Hello Everyone,

I applied for MBA, and have been given a provisional admission.I have uploaded my credentials online and intend to go for verification as soon as possible. Pls I want to find out if I can just take my credentials to my chosen study centre any weekday for verification, or do I need to do anything else before going?

My chosen centre is Mushin.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Sophier(f): 1:21pm On Mar 14, 2023
Enskynelson:

Third Class in ANY DISCIPLINE is qualified to study PGD Economics according to the requirements. That means you are qualified. The programme is a 2-semster programme. Attached are the courses in for the programme. Let's wait for others to provide you with more information.
Thanks you sir
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Enskynelson(m): 1:48pm On Mar 14, 2023
Ezeanna:
Hello Everyone,

I applied for MBA, and have been given a provisional admission.I have uploaded my credentials online and intend to go for verification as soon as possible. Pls I want to find out if I can just take my credentials to my chosen study centre any weekday for verification, or do I need to do anything else before going?

My chosen centre is Mushin.
Have you applied for your transcripts? You have to apply for your transcripts and go there with the evidence of application otherwise, you MAY NOT be verified.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by fasayoblog(m): 4:19pm On Mar 14, 2023
I am a 300 level Computer Science and Maths student. Can someone please explain what siwes is and am i supposed to participate?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Enskynelson(m): 5:25pm On Mar 14, 2023
fasayoblog:
I am a 300 level Computer Science and Maths student. Can someone please explain what siwes is and am i supposed to participate?
Without SIWES, no graduation. You register for it and you go to an establishment where you do your SIWES. You are expected to report everything you do daily there in a logbook.
Register for SIWES.
Pay for logbook on remita.com using miscellaneous option and putting "payment for logbook" as the description
Take the receipt to your study and you will be given the logbook.
If you are a working, you can do your SIWES in the same place.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Azaboy: 5:27pm On Mar 14, 2023
Do Political Science students have to do SIWES?
Enskynelson:

Without SIWES, no graduation. You register for it and you go to an establishment where you do your SIWES. You are expected to report everything you do daily there in a logbook.
Register for SIWES.
Pay for logbook on remita.com using miscellaneous option and putting "payment for logbook" as the description
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Enskynelson(m): 5:58pm On Mar 14, 2023
Azaboy:
Do Political Science students have to do SIWES?
Nope. No SIWES, no Field work, no seminar. It's about one of the few programmes with no non-examinable courses except for research project.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Azaboy: 6:54pm On Mar 14, 2023
Thank heavens!
Enskynelson:

Nope. No SIWES, no Field work, no seminar. It's about one of the few programmes with no non-examinable courses except for research project.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Raph82(m): 7:43pm On Mar 14, 2023
@Enskynelson, I am a fresher who just joined @ 300 level, I only registered the courses that appeared on my student portal @ www.nouonline.net which were 9 core courses (2 units each), I would have registered more but I don't know how to go about that.
I wish to see all of the courses I need to take and the total compulsory credit units before I could graduate, but I don't know where to check that, please help me out.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Enskynelson(m): 7:48pm On Mar 14, 2023
Raph82:
@Enskynelson, I am a fresher who just joined @ 300 level, I only registered the courses that appeared on my student portal @ www.nouonline.net which were 9 core courses (2 units each), I would have registered more but I don't know how to go about that.
I wish to see all of the courses I need to take and the total compulsory credit units before I could graduate, but I don't know where to check that, please help me out.
Hi... Let's know your programme. It will help know what you need.
Secondly, you can try to login to support.nou.edu.ng
Default password is: default
You may see all your courses there.
Lastly, try and go to 100L first semester courses in your portal nouonline.net and see if u can add GST107 as it is compulsory for all programmes whether you are DE or not.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Raph82(m): 8:10pm On Mar 14, 2023
Enskynelson:

Lastly, try and go to 100L first semester courses in your portal nouonline.net and see if u can add GST107 as it is compulsory for all programmes whether you are DE or not.
Thank u so much, Animal Science is my course.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Buzzgal: 5:48am On Mar 15, 2023
Enskynelson:

Give it sometime and try again. If you cannot login, it means your details have not been added. It will eventually be added.

Thanks a lot.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Tomsaintly: 7:26am On Mar 15, 2023
I need to join a whatsapp group for NOUN students. I think it helps with group learning. Can someone add me to a group?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Samisha500: 8:03am On Mar 15, 2023
SIWES PRESENTATION AND SUBMISSION OF LOGBOOK FOR LAGOS MAINLAND CENTRE 1 STUDENTS

1 Share

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Mikedu(m): 9:20am On Mar 15, 2023
Get help on:

▶️ Admission Assistance/Enquiry...
▶️ project Topics/writing
▶️ TMA assistance
▶️ Past Questions

▶️ Transcript services

▶️ project Topics, Materials & Writeup
* For assistance on historical matters
* For analysis on current affairs
* For articles on current affairs and historical matters.
* Proficiency letters
* Reference letters
* certificate

Kindly call or contact us via WhatsApp with this number: 07058666109.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by BeLookingIDIOT(m): 10:30am On Mar 15, 2023
Enskynelson:

I've been trying to log in to my portal and I'm seeing this. Please what does it mean?

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Samisha500: 12:00pm On Mar 15, 2023
12th CONVOCATION CEREMONY

The National Open University of Nigeria is pleased to announce its 12th Convocation Ceremony holding on Friday, 24th and Saturday, 25th March, 2023 for the information of graduands, their parents/guardians, friends of the University and the general public. Please note that the Convocation Ceremony will be held off-site and on-site as follows:

1. All First-class graduands; 1st degree graduands in study centres in the Federal Capital Territory (FCT); Award winners; PGD graduands; Master’s degree and Ph.D. graduands will hold an On-site ceremony at the University Headquarters, Jabi, Abuja.

2. All 1st degree graduands in other Study Centres will hold the ceremony at their State Capital Study Centres.

PROGRAMME OF EVENT:

Friday, 24th March, 2022

Convocation Lecture by :
Professor Puleng LenkaBula
Vice-Chancellor
University of South Africa (UNISA)
Pretoria, South Africa.

Theme: “Volatility and Opportunities in Higher Education”

Time : 10.00a.m.

Venue : On-site
Convocation Arena, National Open University of Nigeria, Plot 91, Cadastral Zone, Nnamdi Azikiwe Expressway, Jabi, FCT, Abuja.

Virtual/Off-site:
Other graduands are to participate from their respective State Capital Study Centres by joining the virtual convocation at:
https://www.livestream.nou.edu.ng
Saturday, 25th March, 2022

(i) Award of Bachelor Degrees, Postgraduate Diplomas, Master’s, Doctor of Philosophy and Honorary Doctorate Degrees.

Time : 10.00 a.m.

Venue : On-site
Convocation Arena, National Open University of Nigeria, Plot 91, Cadastral Zone, Nnamdi Azikiwe Expressway, Jabi, FCT, Abuja.

Virtual/Off-site
Other graduands are to participate from their respective State Capital Study Centres by joining the virtual convocation at:
https://www.livestream.nou.edu.ng

Information to Graduands

A) All those who have completed their programmes and have been cleared for convocation are to sign for and receive academic gowns and hoods from their respective Study Centres with effect from Monday, 20th February, 2023.

They are required to present the following for sighting at the points of collection of the items:

i) Evidence of payment of a fee of Twenty Thousand (N20,000.00) via remita for the use of Academic gowns and Convocation Register.

ii) A duly completed and authenticated clearance form issued at the Study Centre.

iii) Graduands are requested to duly complete and print the Alumni membership form which is accessible through the link below:
www.advancementlinkages.nou.edu.ng. Completed forms must be submitted to the Alumni Desk Officer

Please note that Academic gowns and hoods must be returned to the respective Study Centres not later than Monday, 3rd April, 2023.

B)All First-class graduands; 1st degree graduands in study centres in the Federal Capital Territory (FCT); Award winners; PGD graduands; Master’s degree and Ph.D. graduands are requested to assemble at designated location(s) at the Convocation Arena on Saturday, 25th March, 2023 between 8.00a.m. and 9.00 a.m. They must be fully robed and on queue according to their Faculties.

NO ONE, INCLUDING GRADUANDS AND THEIR PARENTS/ GUARDIANS, WILL BE ADMITTED INTO THE VENUE, AFTER 9:00A.M.

C) Commercial Photographers/Video Operators who intend to operate at the University Headquarters, Abuja are requested to register to obtain clearance form from Bursary Department at the Headquarters, Jabi, Abuja, from Monday, 6th March, 2023. Other interested operators outside Abuja are to register and obtain clearance form from Study Centre Directors at the various state capitals.

1 Share

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Samisha500: 12:01pm On Mar 15, 2023
ACETEL GRADUATES OVER 2,800 IN 3 YEARS, HOLDS VIRTUAL ORIENTATION

The Africa Centre of Excellence on Technology Enhanced Learning (ACETEL) has held its virtual postgraduate students’ orientation ceremony for the 2022/2023 first semester, which was the fifth in the series.

The ceremony was held on Monday, March 6th, 2023 from the headquarters of the National Open University of Nigeria (NOUN), Abuja and lasted for five days.

NOUN Vice-Chancellor, Prof. Olufemi Peters, represented by the Deputy Vice-Chancellor (DVC) Administration, Prof. Isaac Butswat, congratulated and welcomed the newly admitted students of the centre.

Peters said ACETEL provides scholarship for students across Africa to support the emergence of highly-skilled African youths and develop the capacity of Africans to train and nurture graduates with relevant skills.

He said the programme has also offered partial support to students in the West African sub – region, adding that the centre draws students “from Ghana, Gambia, Cameroon Uganda, North Kore, USA, and Canada.”

The VC noted that ACETEL programmes are aimed at transforming students into innovative leaders, who will capitalise Africa’s growth and development.

Speaking further, he told the students that they will be exposed to critical thinking as they begin their studies. “Sub-Saharan Africa needs you to be innovative in providing solutions to the challenges facing the continent in general and the education sector in particular.”

He pledged the university management’s continuous support for ACETEL and promised to create an enabling environment for its clients and staff.

Earlier, the ACETEL Director, Prof. Grace Jokthan, had noted that the new students will be the fifth set of students the centre will be having since its inception and congratulated them for their success in the admission process.

“In terms of enrollment and skills-based short programmes, the centre has, over the period of its inception, been able to have short courses, to meet the skills-based gaps observed within the society.

“And so, over these three years that it has been in operation, we have been able to train about 2,800 students and staff in the area of ICT,” she stated.

Jokthan urged them to take advantage of the presence of the courses to be able to build their skill gaps.

Enlightening the students of the necessary information, she told them that they will be having their supervisors from across the globe, which is part of the support students will get, to ensure they have a very good experience.

The director, later, took the students on a virtual tour of NOUN, with a video showing the ambience of the university environment, the departments, faculties, the library and other notable places.

1 Share

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Enskynelson(m): 1:03pm On Mar 15, 2023
BeLookingIDIOT:

I've been trying to log in to my portal and I'm seeing this. Please what does it mean?
This do happen sometimes when there are making changes to the portal. Just give it sometime and try again. If however after 24hours you cannot login, you may need to contact your study Centre as this also happens when the student has been suspended due to examination malpractice. Lastly, if you are expecting graduation, check your matriculation number on the clearance portal (for graduands) to see if you appear there.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Enskynelson(m): 1:06pm On Mar 15, 2023
Raph82:
Thank u so much, Animal Science is my course.
Here are the courses for the programme from 300L to 500L

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Staness: 2:00pm On Mar 15, 2023
Notification of results for Lagos study centre is ready for masters/postgraduate graduants. Once you're done with your clearance, go to the directors office, you'll be given.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Raph82(m): 8:13pm On Mar 15, 2023
Enskynelson:

Here are the courses for the programme from 300L to 500L
I highly appreciate you.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Samisha500: 7:14am On Mar 16, 2023
IMPORTANT NOTICE TO SOUTH SOUTH STUDENTS ON BUSINESS PLAN UPLOAD(GST302) AND PRESENTATION

1 Share

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Bekind33(m): 7:56am On Mar 16, 2023
BeLookingIDIOT:

what is your level check if your name is on the graduation list
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Eazeee(m): 12:23pm On Mar 16, 2023
I keep seeing this in my BUSINESS & COMPANY LAW CLL804 TMA 1 ''No questions have been added yet''
Hope am not alone on this because time is going
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by fasayoblog(m): 2:37pm On Mar 16, 2023
Enskynelson:

Register for SIWES.
Can i go and register or it now or wait till second semester?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Enskynelson(m): 2:52pm On Mar 16, 2023
fasayoblog:

Can i go and register or it now or wait till second semester?
I think registration closes today or so. I can't remember. You can still register provided it's in your portal and registration is still open.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Eazeee(m): 4:08pm On Mar 16, 2023
Eazeee:
I keep seeing this in my BUSINESS & COMPANY LAW CLL804 TMA 1 ''No questions have been added yet''
Hope am not alone on this because time is going
?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Enskynelson(m): 6:02pm On Mar 16, 2023
Eazeee:

?
First, you are not alone. Secondly, TMA1 has no closing date yet. Lastly, the Mgt is aware of that and you will not be disadvantaged in anyway provided it was not opened before you didn't take the TMA. Keep checking.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by JayDee001: 8:50pm On Mar 16, 2023
Hello. Please can I get info on how MBA888 Seminar works?

Also, are the topics different from the one submitted for the project?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Enskynelson(m): 10:21pm On Mar 16, 2023
JayDee001:
Hello. Please can I get info on how MBA888 Seminar works?

Also, are the topics different from the one submitted for the project?
Yes, the topic could be different. It's a seminar and not a project. You will be required to do the presentation at your study Centre. Be mindful of plagiarism as that has made many persons had carryover. So, avoid copying and pasting. All the best.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1503) (1504) (1505) (1506) (1507) (1508) (1509) ... (1580) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.