Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,466 members, 7,830,338 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:54 PM

National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students - Education (1535) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students (3498091 Views)

What You Don't Know About National Open University Of Nigeria (noun) / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) MBA Students. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1532) (1533) (1534) (1535) (1536) (1537) (1538) ... (1581) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by fasayoblog(m): 11:44am On Aug 09, 2023
Thanks
Enskynelson:

1 and 2 units 2k.
3 units 2500
Exams reg 1500 per course except for practicals that attracts 6500 for exams registration
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Enskynelson(m): 2:09pm On Aug 09, 2023
Yampotatocarrot:

Please, M.Sc G and C, how much should one budget for it?

Also, will one be assigned a supervisor like conventional universities?
About 120k for first semester.
Yes, NOUN gives you a Supervisor.

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Mikedu(m): 2:15pm On Aug 09, 2023
[quote author=Mikedu post=124623179]Get help on:

▶️ Admission Assistance/Enquiry...
▶️ project Topics/writing
▶️ TMA assistance
▶️ Past Questions

▶️ Transcript services

▶️ project Topics, Materials & Writeup
* For assistance on historical matters
* For analysis on current affairs
* For articles on current affairs and historical matters.
* Proficiency letters
* Reference letters
* certificate

Kindly call or contact us via WhatsApp with this number: 07058666109...
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by tomsniel(m): 2:20pm On Aug 09, 2023
Enskynelson:

You didn't copy down the Remita number? If you don't have it, the current portal has no way to continue with the uniqueID generated unless you have made payment. Best bet is to apply using another email. I think you can use the same phone number but it has to be different email. Kindly screenshot or write down the RRR when generated. Cheers.
Note that after verification at the study centre, the email u used to apply will no longer be useful in your studies as NOUN generates student email for all students and that is what will be linked to your portal.
I did not allow it get to the remita page before I logged off. I have tried registering again with a new email but nothing is happening after clicking submit. The page is just blank with the school logo without any information and it is not directing me to any remita page. what can I do ?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Enskynelson(m): 2:26pm On Aug 09, 2023
tomsniel:

I did not allow it get to the remita page before I logged off. I have tried registering again with a new email but nothing is happening after clicking submit. The page is just blank with the school logo without any information and it is not directing me to any remita page. what can I do ?
I applied for a student yesterday without any hitches. Can you send a DM?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by tomsniel(m): 2:27pm On Aug 09, 2023
Enskynelson:

I applied for a student yesterday without any hitches. Can you send a DM?

I just did it just few minutes ago. same thing. i will dm you
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Fkj2021: 3:31pm On Aug 09, 2023
tomsniel:

I just did it just few minutes ago. same thing. i will dm you

Go to your study centre and meet the Admin officer. He will send your RRR to the person in charge of the portal for instant resolution
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by mistilink1: 3:51pm On Aug 09, 2023
Enskynelson:

please where did you get this registrable courses details from?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Yampotatocarrot(m): 5:45pm On Aug 09, 2023
Enskynelson:

I guess the course runs for three semesters, that'll be 360k for the entire course

Kindly correct me if I'm wrong
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by mistilink1: 5:56pm On Aug 09, 2023
Yampotatocarrot:

I guess the course runs for three semesters, that'll be 360k for the entire course

You are wrong. The fees are not thesame throughout.
If it works according to the plan without carry over,I don't think he will spend more than #300k
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Abdul4trust1(m): 6:23pm On Aug 09, 2023
mistilink1:
You are wrong. The fees are not thesame throughout.
If it works according to the plan without carry over,I don't think he will spend more than #300k
Please, I want to study undergraduate program at National Open University of Nigeria. I was told the admission forms are ongoing.

My questions are:
1. When is the deadline for the sale of the admission forms?
2. How do one get their study materials; handouts, textbooks etc?
3. What is the school fees assuming I'm going to study Economics starting from 300 level?

Thank you in anticipation.
Cc: All NOUN students and staff in this forum.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Enskynelson(m): 7:10pm On Aug 09, 2023
Yampotatocarrot:

The 120k is for the first semester. It doesn't mean every semester is 120k. The second semester will definitely quite less.
Secondly, the programme was made 4 semesters last year. So, it is for four semesters.
See the attached for the cost of the other semesters.

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Peledonomy: 7:15pm On Aug 09, 2023
Please I want to study criminology on noun. Is there a course like that?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by mistilink1: 7:40pm On Aug 09, 2023
Enskynelson:

The 120k is for the first semester. It doesn't mean every semester is 120k. The second semester will definitely quite less.
Secondly, the programme was made 4 semesters last year. So, it is for four semesters.
I guess my course duration is shorter than this,if I may be right. My course is M.ED Science Education and from what I got from nounaid.com, the whole course ended at second semester, research project inclusive.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by mistilink1: 7:42pm On Aug 09, 2023
To whom it may concern

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Abdul4trust1(m): 8:21pm On Aug 09, 2023
Enskynelson:

please your response?

Please, I want to study undergraduate program at National Open University of Nigeria. I was told the admission forms are ongoing.

My questions are:
3. What is the school fees assuming I'm going to study Economics starting from 300 level?

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by mistilink1: 8:56pm On Aug 09, 2023
Please will my registrable courses display as soon as click on course registration icon when I am about to register?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Enskynelson(m): 9:24pm On Aug 09, 2023
mistilink1:
I guess my course duration is shorter than this,if I may be right. My course is M.ED Science Education and from what I got from nounaid.com, the whole course ended at second semester, research project inclusive.
Yes, yours is for a minimum of 2 semesters only.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Enskynelson(m): 9:25pm On Aug 09, 2023
mistilink1:
Please will my registrable courses display as soon as click on course registration icon when I am about to register?
When you click 2023/2 Course registration, you will be made to select your semester from the drop down menu then click proceed before you see the courses. The above is only possible if you have done semester registration and you have enough fund in your wallet.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Enskynelson(m): 9:35pm On Aug 09, 2023
Abdul4trust1:
please your response?

My questions are:

No deadline for form sales however, there is timeliness and the earlier, the better. Imagine doing your registration 2 weeks to exams! Would u be able to concentrate and study well and do all your TMAs (continuous Assessment online) before then?
Hard copies of course materials are only given to you after your registration you can however get the soft copies from nou.edu.ng/e-courseware and start studying even before you apply.
The fees for economics DE 300L first semester is around 93k.
Note that the semester registration in the attached will be 55,500 instead of the 18k.

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Enskynelson(m): 9:36pm On Aug 09, 2023
Peledonomy:
Please I want to study criminology on noun. Is there a course like that?
Yes. B.Sc. Criminology and Security Studies. M.Sc.Criminogy and Security Studies too.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Enskynelson(m): 9:38pm On Aug 09, 2023
mistilink1:
please where did you get this registrable courses details from?
nounaid.com is there. You can also try this. It is quite up to date and I use it because I have checked and confirmed most of the info there
https://nounupdate.com/fee-check
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by mistilink1: 9:39pm On Aug 09, 2023
Enskynelson:

Yes, yours is for a minimum of 2 semesters only.
It's alright,I thought as much. Thank you very much sir
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by mistilink1: 9:40pm On Aug 09, 2023
Enskynelson:

When you click 2023/2 Course registration, you will be made to select your semester from the drop down menu then click proceed before you see the courses. The above is only possible if you have done semester registration and you have enough fund in your wallet.
it's alright sir, thanks
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by mistilink1: 9:41pm On Aug 09, 2023
Enskynelson:

nounaid.com is there. You can also try this. It is quite up to date and I use it because I have checked and confirmed most of the info there
https://nounupdate.com/fee-check
it's alright sir, thanks
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Abdul4trust1(m): 10:04pm On Aug 09, 2023
Enskynelson:

No deadline for form sales however, there is timeliness and the earlier, the better. Imagine doing your registration 2 weeks to exams! Would u be able to concentrate and study well and do all your TMAs (continuous Assessment online) before then?
Hard copies of course materials are only given to you after your registration you can however get the soft copies from nou.edu.ng/e-courseware and start studying even before you apply.
The fees for economics DE 300L first semester is around 93k.
Note that the semester registration in the attached will be 55,500 instead of the 18k.
thank you. Is the 55,500 part of the 93k? When is like the date for the exam?

Are there optional subjects in those listed there or it's all 11 subjects?

Thank you
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Enskynelson(m): 10:12pm On Aug 09, 2023
Abdul4trust1:
thank you. Is the 55,500 part of the 93k? When is like the date for the exam?

Are there optional subjects in those listed there or it's all 11 subjects?

Thank you
Yes, the 55,500 is part of of the 93k.
Yes, the optional subjects are the ones Marked "E" Electives instead of "C" Core in the STATUS column.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Peledonomy: 10:17pm On Aug 09, 2023
Enskynelson:

Yes. B.Sc. Criminology and Security Studies. M.Sc.Criminogy and Security Studies too.

Pls how do i go about the admission?

Do I need to write jamb?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Enskynelson(m): 10:23pm On Aug 09, 2023
Peledonomy:

Pls how do i go about the admission?

Do I need to write jamb?
You don't need JAMB
O Level Requirements:
Credits in at least 5 sujects which MUST include
English Language
Geography or Government
Mathematics

Application fee is N5,000.
Steps
1. go to nouonline.net
2. Click admission
3. Select Undergraduate Admission
4. Select the Faculty, choose the programme and entry level so that the View Requirement button is enabled. Clicking this button will reveal the corresponding entry requirement and enable the Apply button on the pre-payment application page.
Fill in all the remaining details on the page before submitting.
On successful submission of the pre-payment form, you are redirected to Remita to obtain an RRR invoice which should be used to effect payment for the application form.
An applicant who pays online using a payment card will automatically obtain the online form which must be filled before submission.
Applicants who pay through a bank branch must click on Continue after payment... and enter their Unique ID and RRR. They are also given the opportunity to change the Programme applied for.
Applicants who had paid using an RRR generated last semester or earlier must restart the application process upto the point when they are re-directed to remita. They should now use the newly generated UniqueID with the old RRR used for payment when they click Proceed after payment.
In all cases a successful payment will lead to the generation of an online application form which should be filled before submission online. The admission process is automated and the outcome is virtually instantaneous!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Abdul4trust1(m): 10:29pm On Aug 09, 2023
Enskynelson:

Yes, the 55,500 is part of of the 93k.
Yes, the optional subjects are the ones Marked "E" Electives instead of "C" Core in the STATUS column.
I'm extremely grateful.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Peledonomy: 10:39pm On Aug 09, 2023
Enskynelson:

You don't need JAMB
O Level Requirements:
Credits in at least 5 sujects which MUST include
English Language
Geography or Government
Mathematics

Application fee is N5,000.
Steps
1. go to nouonline.net
2. Click admission
3. Select Undergraduate Admission
4. Select the Faculty, choose the programme and entry level so that the View Requirement button is enabled. Clicking this button will reveal the corresponding entry requirement and enable the Apply button on the pre-payment application page.
Fill in all the remaining details on the page before submitting.
On successful submission of the pre-payment form, you are redirected to Remita to obtain an RRR invoice which should be used to effect payment for the application form.
An applicant who pays online using a payment card will automatically obtain the online form which must be filled before submission.
Applicants who pay through a bank branch must click on Continue after payment... and enter their Unique ID and RRR. They are also given the opportunity to change the Programme applied for.
Applicants who had paid using an RRR generated last semester or earlier must restart the application process upto the point when they are re-directed to remita. They should now use the newly generated UniqueID with the old RRR used for payment when they click Proceed after payment.
In all cases a successful payment will lead to the generation of an online application form which should be filled before submission online. The admission process is automated and the outcome is virtually instantaneous!

You are blessed sir.
One more question. I lost my original waec to flood in pH 4 years ago. Please how can I get it back so I can start applying.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Peledonomy: 10:58pm On Aug 09, 2023
Also, how powerful is noun degree?

Can I go outside the country with it?

Do they go for service?

Any major disadvantage of noun degree?

Enskynelson cc

(1) (2) (3) ... (1532) (1533) (1534) (1535) (1536) (1537) (1538) ... (1581) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.