Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,765 members, 7,817,107 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:56 AM

National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students - Education (1552) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students (3484994 Views)

What You Don't Know About National Open University Of Nigeria (noun) / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) MBA Students. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1549) (1550) (1551) (1552) (1553) (1554) (1555) ... (1580) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Enskynelson(m): 2:16pm On Dec 15, 2023
mimini:

Please if one is not in the country and cannot appear in person to the study center, what should the person do especially because this is suppose to be a distance learning program, and encourages distant learners to key into the program.
Another thing is, how are seminars done in a distance?

Please I want to know so that I can take a decision on my studies. Thank you.
Defense can be done online. Seminar and Project is a function of you communicating with your supervisor and this can be done via email. The only thing is that you should get verified before leaving.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by mimini: 4:27pm On Dec 15, 2023
Enskynelson:

Defense can be done online. Seminar and Project is a function of you communicating with your supervisor and this can be done via email. The only thing is that you should get verified before leaving.

Thank you for your response. When you talk about verification, what does that mean and how long does it take?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by mimini: 4:57pm On Dec 15, 2023
Hello House,
Please who is a student of Masters of Information Technology. I need information on the courses. I noticed that on the website is only a 2-semester course. Is it exactly so? And will that length of program certify the master program?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Enskynelson(m): 6:18pm On Dec 15, 2023
mimini:

Thank you for your response. When you talk about verification, what does that mean and how long does it take?
Verification comes immediately after a successful online. You take the original of your certificates to the study centre with photocopies along with passport photograph. Verification is the process of checking if you present what makes you qualified for the admission. It's currently closed till January. It takes about 10mins. After verification, you will be given a matriculation number which you can use to register on the student portal. On the portal, you will be able to fund your wallet and do your registration.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by qanda: 7:20pm On Dec 15, 2023
Get all your study materials in one place

-NOUN Course materials are available for FREE
on Q and A App.

-Get Your NOUN E-exams Past Questions and Answers for ALL departments on Q and A App

-Get Your NOUN POP exams Past Questions on Q and A App.

-CIT Past Questions and Answers for ALL Levels are available on Q and A App.

Install Q and A App from Playstore
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tolu.qanda
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by mimini: 7:30pm On Dec 15, 2023
Enskynelson:

Verification comes immediately after a successful online. You take the original of your certificates to the study centre with photocopies along with passport photograph. Verification is the process of checking if you present what makes you qualified for the admission. It's currently closed till January. It takes about 10mins. After verification, you will be given a matriculation number which you can use to register on the student portal. On the portal, you will be able to fund your wallet and do your registration.

Thank you
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Chriswazo(m): 12:28am On Dec 16, 2023
Enskynelson:

Meaning one must have to visit the physical center to complete reg. So what of for those abroad, so one need to come back to Nigeria for this?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Enskynelson(m): 1:44am On Dec 16, 2023
Chriswazo:

Meaning one must have to visit the physical center to complete reg. So what of for those abroad, so one need to come back to Nigeria for this?
Physical verification is not been moved online completely as an applicant is required to be physically present with hard copies of his original certificates and documents in order to be given matriculation number. It is after this you can start registration which can be done from any location.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Chriswazo(m): 4:16am On Dec 16, 2023
Enskynelson:

Physical verification is not been moved online completely as an applicant is required to be physically present with hard copies of his original certificates and documents in order to be given matriculation number. It is after this you can start registration which can be done from any location.

Nawa o... but then is it also possible there will be further engagements that will also necessitate the physical presence again?

Secondly, I think d verification will come after one has gotten admission right? So the application can be completely done online and if admitted, it will now be for the physical verification to get Matric number..

Is the date for the January application known now and how long is the usual application period before is cosed?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Ifaena: 6:54am On Dec 16, 2023
Good morning all.
Just wanted to know,How long is a semester in NOUN?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Enskynelson(m): 5:31pm On Dec 16, 2023
Chriswazo:

Nawa o... but then is it also possible there will be further engagements that will also necessitate the physical presence again?

Secondly, I think d verification will come after one has gotten admission right? So the application can be completely done online and if admitted, it will now be for the physical verification to get Matric number..

Is the date for the January application known now and how long is the usual application period before is cosed?

it also possible there will be further engagements that will also necessitate the physical presence again

Not any for now. Unless introduced later.

Yes, application for admission is 100 per cent online. Once it starts, it normally take until close to the semester exams before it ends.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Enskynelson(m): 5:32pm On Dec 16, 2023
Ifaena:
Good morning all.
Just wanted to know,How long is a semester in NOUN?
About 4 months. There are usually 2 complete semesters in a year.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Chriswazo(m): 10:21pm On Dec 16, 2023
Enskynelson:

it also possible there will be further engagements that will also necessitate the physical presence again

Not any for now. Unless introduced later.

Yes, application for admission is 100 per cent online. Once it starts, it normally take until close to the semester exams before it ends.

Please when is close of the semester u are referring to? So if d start January now, application and the verification can still be on till like April
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Enskynelson(m): 10:34pm On Dec 16, 2023
Chriswazo:

Please when is close of the semester u are referring to? So if d start January now, application and the verification can still be on till like April
The current semester ends by end of this month.
Exams is expected to begin by April. If you do verification then, you will be doing it very close to the exams.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Chriswazo(m): 1:12pm On Dec 17, 2023
Enskynelson:

The current semester ends by end of this month.
Exams is expected to begin by April. If you do verification then, you will be doing it very close to the exams.

Honestly bro, am more confused now.

U said application is starting next month which is January and it last till around end of the semester or sth,
So if I apply next month and am admitted, I will have to complete physical verification and also fo exam in April?

Or I should reach u privately? Am asking here cos I assume people in my shoes will learn as well.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Enskynelson(m): 1:44pm On Dec 17, 2023
Chriswazo:

U said application is starting next month which is January and it last till around end of the semester or sth,
So if I apply next month and am admitted, I will have to complete physical verification and also fo exam in April?

Or I should reach u privately? Am asking here cos I assume people in my shoes will learn as well.
Don't be confused. Verification takes about 10 mins. If you go there by January, you will be verified in January. You asked if verification will still be opened by April and I said "most likely". But the implication of doing verification by April means you are doing verification close to the end of the semester and you may not be able to meet up with registration for the semester that begins January.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Enskynelson(m): 1:45pm On Dec 17, 2023
Chriswazo:

If you are still confused, YES... U can reach me privately
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Chriswazo(m): 5:53pm On Dec 17, 2023
Enskynelson:

Don't be confused. Verification takes about 10 mins. If you go there by January, you will be verified in January. You asked if verification will still be opened by April and I said "most likely". But the implication of doing verification by April means you are doing verification close to the end of the semester and you may not be able to meet up with registration for the semester that begins January.

Ok boss
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Bibitayo2: 7:45pm On Dec 17, 2023
Hello everyone,

I am hoping to get my certificate at the next convocation.

Please for those who have done their final clearance, how much did it cost? Do I have to pay for my certificate separately and how much will it cost?

Thank you.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Funkybabee(f): 6:52am On Dec 18, 2023
Good morning 🌞 everyone, please is there anyone schooling or working at Abuja study centre here? I processed my transcript, they haven't deliver it since November 18th, making a month today. I have sent mail to noun support, I keep checking my tracking ID, it keeps saying awaiting payment confirmation. Someone that's staying at Abuja study centre here should kindly help me ooo
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Enskynelson(m): 8:00am On Dec 18, 2023
Funkybabee:
Good morning 🌞 everyone, please is there anyone schooling or working at Abuja study centre here? I processed my transcript, they haven't deliver it since November 18th, making a month today. I have sent mail to noun support, I keep checking my tracking ID, it keeps saying awaiting payment confirmation. Someone that's staying at Abuja study centre here should kindly help me ooo
Have you tried calling the helpline? 08115032088
Those in Abuja Study Centre cannot help in this case because this is not handled at the study centre but at the NOUN Academic Registry in the HQ. Call the line and provide the details. Call during working hours.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Unclebayo(m): 3:33pm On Dec 18, 2023
Hello house, please will I be allowed to go for Nysc after my course? Or can one be given the certificate of completion and the kits?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Enskynelson(m): 3:35pm On Dec 18, 2023
Unclebayo:
Hello house, please will I be allowed to go for Nysc after my course? Or can one be given the certificate of completion and the kits?
You will be given NYSC Exclusion cert and it's equivalent to discharge/exemption cert.

1 Like

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Unclebayo(m): 3:38pm On Dec 18, 2023
Enskynelson:

You will be given NYSC Exclusion cert and it's equivalent to discharge/exemption cert.
thanks what about the kits?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Enskynelson(m): 3:40pm On Dec 18, 2023
Unclebayo:
thanks what about the kits?
You mean, NYSC uniform? The uniform is for only those that pass through the compulsory 1 year service.

1 Like

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by samneutron1: 3:53pm On Dec 18, 2023
Good evening please I need breakdown of 200 level registrable courses and total fees
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Enskynelson(m): 5:02pm On Dec 18, 2023
samneutron1:
Good evening please I need breakdown of 200 level registrable courses and total fees
Use this free tool here
https://nounupdate.com/fee-check
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by livinsoul: 9:02am On Dec 21, 2023
We are all welcome back.

2 Likes

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Funkybabee(f): 6:53pm On Dec 21, 2023
Enskynelson:

Those in Abuja Study Centre cannot help in this case because this is not handled at the study centre but at the NOUN Academic Registry in the HQ. Call the line and provide the details. Call during working hours.

I don't know if this one we go, I will try it tomorrow during the working hours, the line on the school page is not going through, some say not exist
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Ollie2103: 10:12pm On Dec 21, 2023
Enskynelson:

Use this free tool here
https://nounupdate.com/fee-check
Hello big man,
Submission of project for final year students is still open?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Enskynelson(m): 10:41pm On Dec 21, 2023
Ollie2103:

Hello big man,
Submission of project for final year students is still open?
Yeeesss. Some Faculties have started their defense (PG).
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Funkybabee(f): 9:33am On Dec 22, 2023
Enskynelson:

I have tried this number for several times now, it's saying the same thing that others are saying

(1) (2) (3) ... (1549) (1550) (1551) (1552) (1553) (1554) (1555) ... (1580) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.