Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,363 members, 7,812,036 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:50 AM

National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students - Education (842) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students (3478226 Views)

What You Don't Know About National Open University Of Nigeria (noun) / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) MBA Students. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (839) (840) (841) (842) (843) (844) (845) ... (1580) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Galaxyroyp(m): 8:45pm On Apr 20, 2018
Please, I'm in 200L semester. Can I attend the ceremony— I didn't attend during my own?

ayungmony15:
ATTENTION!!!

The News reaching us now is that all the newly admitted students of National Open University of Nigeria, NOUN that the school management of the institution in a press release stated that the Freshers Matriculation ceremony has been slated to hold on Saturday 27th May, 2017 by 10:00 Am Prompt.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by geodemainguy(m): 9:38pm On Apr 20, 2018
umt13:

u used card to pay abi?
no, through bank branch. The issue has been rectified, kindly follow the guideline stated by some colleagues here.

Happy weekend.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 10:06pm On Apr 20, 2018
How true is It that One can now study Nursing at NOUN according to this website www.tuition.ng ?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by frexarik: 12:24am On Apr 21, 2018
Please House I want to pay for semester registration fee and exam fee because i have some carry over last semester,is there any need for me to re registered for those course again apart from exam registration?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Kazrem(m): 2:30am On Apr 21, 2018
frexarik:
Please House I want to pay for semester registration fee and exam fee because i have some carry over last semester,is there any need for me to re registered for those course again apart from exam registration?
No
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Validcode: 3:57am On Apr 21, 2018
umt13:
I have uploaded a photo on noun profile but it's not displaying atall

I tried to change it shows me name already exist

pls any solution

Save the picture with your matric number before you upload it.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by DJCentiz: 7:07am On Apr 21, 2018
shocked Hi guys, is it compulsory to do all year one courses if i came in through Direct Entry from anoda school into year two??
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by DJCentiz: 7:14am On Apr 21, 2018
Kazrem:

No
[/size] Can one do second semester courses in 1st semester as carry over? [size=8pt]
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Pimiento(m): 7:57am On Apr 21, 2018
Yes
DJCentiz:

[/size] Can one do second semester courses in 1st semester as carry over? [size=8pt]
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by umt13(m): 8:39am On Apr 21, 2018
Validcode:

Save the picture with your matric number before you upload it.

datz why I exactly did, and is the reason why it keep on saying already exist bcause of the same matric number with the uploaded one

I want to remove the order picture and upload new?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by ev4real(m): 9:24am On Apr 21, 2018
Galaxyroyp:
Please, I'm in 200L semester. Can I attend the ceremony— I didn't attend during my own?

Of course you can. I didn't even snap pictures during mine.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by ev4real(m): 9:26am On Apr 21, 2018
Ribasandez:
What is the danger of registering about 26 units for exam (which is more than the maximum 24 units). Will NOUN release the grades for all the exams written or will they randomly remove certain courses from the result ?
It won't go. When you exceed the 24 units, no other courses will be registered.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Kazrem(m): 9:39am On Apr 21, 2018
DJCentiz:
shocked Hi guys, is it compulsory to do all year one courses if i came in through Direct Entry from anoda school into year two??
No. Only the 100 level gst
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Kazrem(m): 9:40am On Apr 21, 2018
DJCentiz:

Of course you can
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Kazrem(m): 9:46am On Apr 21, 2018
umt13:

datz why I exactly did, and is the reason why it keep on saying already exist bcause of the same matric number with the uploaded one

I want to remove the order picture and upload new?
Delete the former one on your phone. Save the new one with your matric number. The NOU in upper case.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by umt13(m): 10:55am On Apr 21, 2018
Kazrem:

Delete the former one on your phone. Save the new one with your matric number. The NOU in upper case.

ok tanc
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by umt13(m): 11:24am On Apr 21, 2018
Noun computer Science 200level WhatsApp group
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by umt13(m): 11:29am On Apr 21, 2018
Noun computer Science 200level WhatsApp group
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by ev4real(m): 2:47pm On Apr 21, 2018
@kazrem

Goodafternoon bro, good job you're doing here. that's why i try to create time to assist in answering some questions.

There are some compulsory courses in 100/200 level i didn't write (some where added by school) but if i calculate this last semester of mine including my previous courses the units will be more than 120.

Will i graduate immediately my project and siwes result is out ? or will there be need in registering some of the courses ?

Thanks in advance.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Kazrem(m): 4:21pm On Apr 21, 2018
ev4real:
@kazrem

Goodafternoon bro, good job you're doing here. that's why i try to create time to assist in answering some questions.

There are some compulsory courses in 100/200 level i didn't write (some where added by school) but if i calculate this last semester of mine including my previous courses the units will be more than 120.

Will i graduate immediately my project and siwes result is out ? or will there be need in registering some of the courses ?

Thanks in advance.
You are safe but of they are gst courses, I strongly advise you take them.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by ev4real(m): 4:33pm On Apr 21, 2018
Kazrem:

You are safe but if they are gst courses, I strongly advise you take them.
Thanks alot. They're not GST courses.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by antidisestablis: 4:50pm On Apr 21, 2018
Pls I need anyone who can tutor me on these two courses, numerical analysis and mathematical methods. Pls contact me I have been avoiding these courses since my 200 level days, now that I'm rounding up is a must I must do it
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 6:50pm On Apr 21, 2018
Kazrem:

You are safe but of they are gst courses, I strongly advise you take them.

What if these core courses are final year courses. Is it compulsory that I do them, even if I have done beyond 120 units?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by ev4real(m): 7:39pm On Apr 21, 2018
Ribasandez:

What if these core courses are final year courses. Is it compulsory that I do them, even if I have done beyond 120 units?
Deep and insightful question.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 7:40pm On Apr 21, 2018
I know this may sound a bit off for several people on here, but if you are a NOUN student in 300 level or above who has a very good CGPA, please say Hi to this WhatsApp number 07010458324, so that you can be part of a WhatsApp group that discusses ideas.

This is in no way to offend other people, so please don't take it personal.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Funkybabee(f): 8:13pm On Apr 21, 2018
Ribasandez:
I know this may sound a bit off for several people on here, but if you are a NOUN student in 300 level or above *who has a very good CGPA*, please say Hi to this WhatsApp number 07010458324, so that you can be part of a WhatsApp group that discusses ideas.

This is in no way to offend other people, so please don't take it personal.

grin grin
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Anthonyo15(m): 8:53am On Apr 22, 2018
COURSE AND EXAM REGISTRATION UPDATE cry

Its just less than *8 days* to the close of course and exam registration portal.

Please do all you can to get yourself fully registered.

Please try and do the needful to avoid stories that touches the heart.

Regards

Macharthony Solutions

1 Like

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Kazrem(m): 10:03am On Apr 22, 2018
I have a piece of advice for every 400 level students today. The advice is particularly for 400 level 2nd semester students but 400 level 1st semester students can as well make use of it.

You are in your final lap of your journey in NOUN. Whether your grade is first class, second class upper, second class lower, third class, there is little to nothing you can do again to it again at this point. But worse than that is not to graduate this year (or semester) with that grade you have. Worst than that is to know that only one or two courses is what keep you from graduating.

Where am I driving at?

When results are restored on the portal ( hopefully this week), please and please, add all the units of courses you passed with the ones you are doing this semester to know if you had reached the required 120 units for graduation.

Let me put it well.

The minimum required units for graduation is 120 units for those that started from 100 level and 90 units for those who began from 200 level.

So you add all your units from 100 level(or 200 level) up to this semester and see if it is up to 120 units or 90 units as the case may be.

If it is up to it (including project, seminar and IT), you are good to go. Just ensure you pass this semester courses even if it with E. You are a graduate in embryo.

If it is not up to 120/90, it then means you had either failed some courses and didn't re-do them or you skipped some courses in the past. In that case, you cannot graduate because you have not reached the minimum required units to graduate.

Am I communicating?

So what do you do if your units do not reach the 120 units or 90?

Check your results and see if there was a course or courses you failed and didn't redo.

Or compare your results with your course mates (don't be ashamed at this point o) and see which course or courses you didn't register.

Wherever you differ, register the course or courses NOW!

I am saying this so that it won't be that you didn't graduate not because you didn't pass all your courses this semester but because you have not accumulated the required units to graduate.

This is my little advice.

PS: Add this semester courses to the previous courses before you can know if you have reached the 120 or 90 units required.

You can send me a pm for more clarifications.

-KAS

4 Likes

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by bispope(m): 10:53am On Apr 22, 2018
Kazrem:

The minimum required units for graduation is 120 units for those that started from 100 level and 90 units for those who began from 200 level.

Please dear,for MED (SCIENCE EDUCATION) , what is the minimum required units for graduation? Thanks.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 11:07am On Apr 22, 2018
I believe that one cannot graduate even after completing the required 120/90 units for their studies if they have not been graded (I.e. gotten 40 and above) in all the core courses provided. I don't know how true this is, but I think we are supposed to complete all the core courses in our departments. That is what the adjective 'core' stands for.

I'm merely speaking from my experience on how it worked in a former University I attended. I don't know if it applies to NOUN
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Anthonyo15(m): 3:58pm On Apr 22, 2018
ATTENTION!!!

Please be informed that facilitation at NOUN, Abeokuta Study Centre has commenced.
Do check the notice board in the school premises for the timetable for your courses.
Facilitation will hold from Tuesdays to Fridays (100L-500L).
Please also note that attendance will be taken each day.
INFORM OTHERS!

(1) (2) (3) ... (839) (840) (841) (842) (843) (844) (845) ... (1580) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.