Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,334 members, 7,811,975 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:32 AM

National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students - Education (843) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students (3478068 Views)

What You Don't Know About National Open University Of Nigeria (noun) / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) MBA Students. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (840) (841) (842) (843) (844) (845) (846) ... (1580) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 7:05pm On Apr 22, 2018
Anthonyo15:
ATTENTION!!!

Please be informed that facilitation at NOUN, Abeokuta Study Centre has commenced.
Do check the notice board in the school premises for the timetable for your courses.
Facilitation will hold from Tuesdays to Fridays (100L-500L).
Please also note that attendance will be taken each day.
INFORM OTHERS!
pls what do u mean by (facilitation)?thanx
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by NOUNPortal: 10:24pm On Apr 22, 2018
This how to apply for the National Open University Admission 2018. It’s so simple that you can apply without help anywhere.

https://nationalopenuniversity.com.ng/how-to-apply-for-national-open-university-admission/

More Useful Articles:

National Open University 2018 Academic Calendar
https://nationalopenuniversity.com.ng/academic-calendar/

How To Apply for Change of Program - National Open University
https://nationalopenuniversity.com.ng/apply-change-of-program/

2018 National Open University School Fees
https://nationalopenuniversity.com.ng/national-open-university-school-fees/

National Open University Study Centres with Addresses
https://nationalopenuniversity.com.ng/national-open-university-study-centres-and-address/

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Anthonyo15(m): 11:58pm On Apr 22, 2018
jibrilyaba:
pls what do u mean by (facilitation)?thanx
ITS A TUTORIAL HELD IN VARIOUS STUDY CENTRES

1 Like

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Anthonyo15(m): 11:59pm On Apr 22, 2018
NIGERIAN YOUTHS ARE LAZY, BUT NOUN STUDENTS ARE EXCEPTIONAL

By
Adebanjo O. Daniel

Its doesn't amaze me much when I saw the president speech in respect to the Nigerian youths.

Its so saddened that the cost of education in our country is an eyesore to the effort of Sir Awolowo,
Today the cheapest federal institutions cost 40 000 per year.
A country were parent have to pay their children tuition fee with loan, yet does not guarantee a decent job for the educated youth.

Our education system highly discourage students(youth) being productive, many conventional students attend lectures Monday - Friday (7-7) yet lecturers will expect them to either pay for mark or make sex exchange,
In western countries as a student there are lots of part time job you can keep that will never hinder the smooth running of your education, but in Nigeria the part time job a youth can easily engaged in is either bus conductor or sex worker.
An economy were you are not secured, no infrastructure and poor health system, how do you expect the youth to be productive intellectually ?

Most of our parents are govt workers, pensioners, farmers, etc. They go through hell before they could cater for their children welfare (feeding, clothing, education) yet, we have some states owning over 6months salary.
Will such parent be able to properly cater for the children?
Will such youth be able to think over social vices as way out ?
Yet, our president son rode carelessly on a bike of 10million naira, got his bone fractured, got free flight out of the country for presidential treatment. In a country were more than 70% youths are unemployed,
90% children are malnutrition,
60% of our primary health centre has become a manger.

Well, thank God for NOUN.

"I have never seen a jobless NOUN Student"

Dr. Olusegun Obasanjo vividly saw the problem and created a solution to the increasing graduate youth with no job experience, of which the Nigeria employment atmosphere will require 5yrs working experience from a fresh graduate.

Infact, *NOUN Students are the most productive.*

We are able to keep a job while in school, we are able to think more positively to impact our economy more better since we were able to have our basic needs through our job as we no longer depend on our parents like our counterpart in conventional universities.
Our parents are now able to take care of our younger ones better and we are also giving them the financial support needed, even as an undergraduate.
When I got admitted to NOUN, I was earning 10 000naira monthly, but today (now in 300L) this 10 000 is now a weekly allowance because I was able to build myself more on the job, I was more productive and creative that I now manage two businesses and still receive monthly take home from my first job for every little effort I make to the organization.

I keep my first job and I was still able to build 2 new businesses and employ over 5 people all because I was able to practice my course (Economics) in NOUN in real business.

Unlike my counterpart in conventional universities who never had the opportunity to do so at the time of study. Hence, the theory they learnt become obsolete when they get to the job after graduation.
Thus, they become less productive to the economy.

Its time the Nigerian govt give more allocation to NOUN, as this is the only solution to quality education without barrier.

We are NOUNITES,
We are Hardworking,
We don't have time for social vices,
We have time to meditate on how to be more productive,
We study at our own pace,
We never beg lecturers for mark,
We compliments our parents effort,
We move the nation forward,

WORK & LEARN IS THE ONLY SOLUTION TO NIGERIAN YOUTHS JOBLESSNESS

5 Likes

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Anthonyo15(m): 12:01am On Apr 23, 2018
Good Morning all

Don't forget according to information we have course and exam registration closes on the 30th of this month

Well we hope it will be extended but we have been warned it won't so am so skeptical about that

We still await last semester results likewise TMA and on a normal day this two should be out before portal closes (who is the lazy one now �)

I will really advice students to do all registration irrespective of the management not been able to meet up with dates on the calendar

You will be opportuned to drop and register again if the portal starts open and you got to see your result and you have some issue

We hope for the best!!!

Macharthony Solutions
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Anthonyo15(m): 9:25am On Apr 23, 2018
PLEASE NOTE THIS TWO WEBSITE

www.nouonline.net is the student login portal for accessing TMA, generating RRR, course and exam registeration and checking of results.

WHILE

www.nouedu.net is also a NOUN site where you can download your course materials, get latest school information, academic calendar, course outlines and know more about the course you are studying.

Hope y'all get that?

Macharthony Solutions
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Anthonyo15(m): 10:10am On Apr 23, 2018
�Online service still remains as follows

�Payment of school fees via online banking and bank branch

�TMA assistance

�Past questions

�Passport uploading

�Course and exam registration

�Apply for Admission

�Soft and hard copy of course materials

�All NOUN related issue

Our online service is still very much intact and we are here to serve you better .
All these can be done without you leaving your comfort zone.

Macharthony Solutions
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by DJCentiz: 11:34am On Apr 23, 2018
Is result out please??
Anthonyo15:
�Online service still remains as follows

�Payment of school fees via online banking and bank branch

�TMA assistance

�Past questions

�Passport uploading

�Course and exam registration

�Apply for Admission

�Soft and hard copy of course materials

�All NOUN related issue

Our online service is still very much intact and we are here to serve you better .
All these can be done without you leaving your comfort zone.

Macharthony Solutions
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by CuteTolex(f): 1:10pm On Apr 23, 2018
good afternoon house, pls i registered for two courses last semester but couldnt do the exam due to issues i had with funding my e-wallet which resulted to me not sitting for the exam, presently i want to register for this courses exam alongside with the recent courses but cant find it on my list of registered courses. pls your advice will be of utmost help to me considering the fact that registration will be ending soon
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by CuteTolex(f): 1:54pm On Apr 23, 2018
dungas30:
*try to make payment to my portal via my MasterCard* *money debited but transaction unsuccessful*
I try to check d remit a payment but has been the response
No positive response yet from Remita!
Please check again later!
pls help ooooo am disturbed

try and chat with their agent on remita, i just did that and it was resolved
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Kazrem(m): 2:41pm On Apr 23, 2018
CuteTolex:
good afternoon house, pls i registered for two courses last semester but couldnt do the exam due to issues i had with funding my e-wallet which resulted to me not sitting for the exam, presently i want to register for this courses exam alongside with the recent courses but cant find it on my list of registered courses. pls your advice will be of utmost help to me considering the fact that registration will be ending soon
You will find it in register carry over courses. But I think it is not active yet. Maybe when results are released you can view them.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nounitesportal(m): 3:21pm On Apr 23, 2018
All students offering GST301 – Entrepreneurship Studies are to take note that there will be no multiple-choice TMA. The Student Business Plan shall be the Tutor Marked Assignment (TMA).

CLICK HERE for more details
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by CuteTolex(f): 3:57pm On Apr 23, 2018
[quote author=Kazrem post=66961041
You will find it in register carry over courses. But I think it is not active yet. Maybe when results are released you can view the
thanks a bunch Kazrem
but am i going to pay to register the course again or am to pay for the exam alone
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Kazrem(m): 4:52pm On Apr 23, 2018
CuteTolex:
[quote author=Kazrem post=66961041
You will find it in register carry over courses. But I think it is not active yet. Maybe when results are released you can view the
thanks a bunch Kazrem
but am i going to pay to register the course again or am to pay for the exam alone
Only exam. 1k
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nounitesportal(m): 5:39pm On Apr 23, 2018
GST301 Business Plan Template

DOWNLOAD
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by faisalcan(m): 7:52am On Apr 24, 2018
Is highly safe. But copy down your RRR before u complete the transaction. In fact , I always pay with my MasterCard, and I have not experience any issues. The receipt of payment will be sent to ur email.

1 Like

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Anthonyo15(m): 8:49am On Apr 24, 2018
Good morning all

This post might be a long one, most useful to new students. It in response to FAQ I get on a daily basis. I will be putting you through how to navigate through the school site.

There are two NOUN official sites which are nouonline.net which is the students and staff portal. nouedu.net which is the information portal.

As a new student after you get your matric number the first thing you need to do is to confirm your portal and generate a password.

Go to nouonline.net click on student login, then click on register. Fill the necessary details and submit, once you see successful you can then login with your matric number and the new password you just created.
Matric number is written as NOU follow by 9 digit numbers (NOU120111111)

Once you login it advisable you upload your passport please if you not so good with this seek help, I can help you with it distance is not a barrier in NOUN. The passport you upload must show your face well and mind you it is what you will use throughout your stay, it can't be changed.

HOW TO UPLOAD YOUR PASSPORT IN YOUR PORTAL

1. Snap yourself or your passport with a good camera phone.
2. Save it with your matric number and extension jpg or png. e.g NOU123456789.jpg or NOU123456789.png. The "NOU" must be upper case.
3. Then go to your portal. Log in. Then click on upload your passport.
4. On the new page, click "Choose file".
5. Choose the passport you had saved with your matric.
6. Then click on submit.
It would tell you passport successfully uploaded.
Log out then log in to see your passport in your profile

After this if you have your money the next is to generate remita code you want to use to pay.

Note for each payment you are making a new remita must be created and I will advice you create the remita code the day you want to pay, it safer that way, also you can pay your fee in installment

HOW TO GENERATE REMITA PIN IN NOUN {RRR}

To generate rrr, log in to ur portal, click on manage wallet, select load wallet, ones it opens, u will see a page with ur full name and email address, enter ur phone number, the amount u want to pay, select payment type,
if u are paying the money in the bank, use bank branch as ur payment type., then click on pay, it will direct u to where u will see your rrr pin.

If you are paying to the bank just copy the rrr code written in this form 1234-5678-9123 and take it to the bank. Please make sure your money reflect before you loss the code and also make sure you use a valid email when generating the code cos a copy will be sent to your mail for reference purpose. If you trust people I can help you do online payment that won't stress you but it base on trust o

Next is to confirm your payment

AFTER PAYMENT INTO THE BANK, FOLLOW THESE STEPS TO MAKE YOUR PAID FUNDS REFLECT IN THE PORTAL

(Note that some times, you may have to wait till the next day to ensure that Remita has responded to NOUN. Depending on the bank branch, some payments may take up to two days to reach NOUN from Remita and in such cases, the error report you get is "No positive response yet from Remita".)

1. Log on to www.nouonline.net
2. Before you login, click on "RRR Check"
3. Type in your RRR and then select "Wallet Funding" as your payment type.
4. MAKE SURE THAT YOU TYPE THE RRR WITHOUT THE HYPHEN (DASHES) JUST TYPE ORDINARY NUMBERS AND REMOVE THOSE DASHES
5. It will tell you "Transaction Successful".
6. Then log into your portal
7. Click on "Manage Wallet" and then Click on "Check wallet Payments"
8. Then insert the RRR in the space provided and submit

After being successful with this, your money should reflect in your portal instantly. Then you can go ahead with your Semester Registration, Course Registration and Exam Registration (in that order). To register those three stuffs, click on "Registration" in your portal. I trust you can find your way from here. FOR REGISTRATION, ENSURE YOU USE ONLY GOOGLE CHROME BROWSER. (Chrome is no more the best for now)

Once you done with your registration you print out the Registration and exam slips 3 copies each. Take the course registration slip to your study centre and collect available materials if you don't get all you can print or download the rest through this link

http://nouedu.net/courseware

Also even if you have not paid yet you can get your materials through the link and start reading

After this start reading cos most centre don't have tutorial, you are on your own.(INDEPENDENT LEARNER)

Then you wait for TMA to start.

TMA stands for TUTOR MARKED ASSIGNMENT. It serves as a TEST, carries 30marks and each COURSE has its own TMA questions (objectives) A COURSE TMA is divided into 4 i.e TMA 1 - 4. Each carries 10marks and the maximum score a student can achieve from the TMAs is 30marks i.e the best 3 of the four TMAs will be selected as your total score and will be added to your exam score. Maximum Exam score carries 70marks.
When the time comes I assist with TMA so you can have the best mark

When you done with TMA you then wait for exam. Exam are in two part
POP known as pen on paper it for students from 300 and above, it comes up first for about a month, this semester will start by July.
After POP E-exam starts this is a computer based exam for 100-200 level students, it also last for about a month.

Note Macharthony online solutions is always ready to help you out with anything concerning NOUN without you leaving your comfort zone and distance is not a barrier. We have been doing this for the past 5 years and no complain from our client we always deliver

You can chat me up or call me through this number 08185025045

Just stay on this platform and you will be glad you did.
You get all necessary information you need from here

Thanks
Signed Macharthony

3 Likes

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Gentile700: 3:08pm On Apr 24, 2018
Please I want to switch from bus administration to public administration but I have already completed payment and registration, is it still possible to do?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Gentile700: 3:17pm On Apr 24, 2018
And by the way, how hard are exams in Noun?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Mkmoney(m): 4:45pm On Apr 24, 2018
Anthonyo15:
Good morning all

This post might be a long one, most useful to new students. It in response to FAQ I get on a daily basis. I will be putting you through how to navigate through the school site.

There are two NOUN official sites which are nouonline.net which is the students and staff portal. nouedu.net which is the information portal.

As a new student after you get your matric number the first thing you need to do is to confirm your portal and generate a password.

Go to nouonline.net click on student login, then click on register. Fill the necessary details and submit, once you see successful you can then login with your matric number and the new password you just created.
Matric number is written as NOU follow by 9 digit numbers (NOU120111111)

Once you login it advisable you upload your passport please if you not so good with this seek help, I can help you with it distance is not a barrier in NOUN. The passport you upload must show your face well and mind you it is what you will use throughout your stay, it can't be changed.

HOW TO UPLOAD YOUR PASSPORT IN YOUR PORTAL

1. Snap yourself or your passport with a good camera phone.
2. Save it with your matric number and extension jpg or png. e.g NOU123456789.jpg or NOU123456789.png. The "NOU" must be upper case.
3. Then go to your portal. Log in. Then click on upload your passport.
4. On the new page, click "Choose file".
5. Choose the passport you had saved with your matric.
6. Then click on submit.
It would tell you passport successfully uploaded.
Log out then log in to see your passport in your profile

After this if you have your money the next is to generate remita code you want to use to pay.

Note for each payment you are making a new remita must be created and I will advice you create the remita code the day you want to pay, it safer that way, also you can pay your fee in installment

HOW TO GENERATE REMITA PIN IN NOUN {RRR}

To generate rrr, log in to ur portal, click on manage wallet, select load wallet, ones it opens, u will see a page with ur full name and email address, enter ur phone number, the amount u want to pay, select payment type,
if u are paying the money in the bank, use bank branch as ur payment type., then click on pay, it will direct u to where u will see your rrr pin.

If you are paying to the bank just copy the rrr code written in this form 1234-5678-9123 and take it to the bank. Please make sure your money reflect before you loss the code and also make sure you use a valid email when generating the code cos a copy will be sent to your mail for reference purpose. If you trust people I can help you do online payment that won't stress you but it base on trust o

Next is to confirm your payment

AFTER PAYMENT INTO THE BANK, FOLLOW THESE STEPS TO MAKE YOUR PAID FUNDS REFLECT IN THE PORTAL

(Note that some times, you may have to wait till the next day to ensure that Remita has responded to NOUN. Depending on the bank branch, some payments may take up to two days to reach NOUN from Remita and in such cases, the error report you get is "No positive response yet from Remita".)

1. Log on to www.nouonline.net
2. Before you login, click on "RRR Check"
3. Type in your RRR and then select "Wallet Funding" as your payment type.
4. MAKE SURE THAT YOU TYPE THE RRR WITHOUT THE HYPHEN (DASHES) JUST TYPE ORDINARY NUMBERS AND REMOVE THOSE DASHES
5. It will tell you "Transaction Successful".
6. Then log into your portal
7. Click on "Manage Wallet" and then Click on "Check wallet Payments"
8. Then insert the RRR in the space provided and submit

After being successful with this, your money should reflect in your portal instantly. Then you can go ahead with your Semester Registration, Course Registration and Exam Registration (in that order). To register those three stuffs, click on "Registration" in your portal. I trust you can find your way from here. FOR REGISTRATION, ENSURE YOU USE ONLY GOOGLE CHROME BROWSER. (Chrome is no more the best for now)

Once you done with your registration you print out the Registration and exam slips 3 copies each. Take the course registration slip to your study centre and collect available materials if you don't get all you can print or download the rest through this link

http://nouedu.net/courseware

Also even if you have not paid yet you can get your materials through the link and start reading

After this start reading cos most centre don't have tutorial, you are on your own.(INDEPENDENT LEARNER)

Then you wait for TMA to start.

TMA stands for TUTOR MARKED ASSIGNMENT. It serves as a TEST, carries 30marks and each COURSE has its own TMA questions (objectives) A COURSE TMA is divided into 4 i.e TMA 1 - 4. Each carries 10marks and the maximum score a student can achieve from the TMAs is 30marks i.e the best 3 of the four TMAs will be selected as your total score and will be added to your exam score. Maximum Exam score carries 70marks.
When the time comes I assist with TMA so you can have the best mark

When you done with TMA you then wait for exam. Exam are in two part
POP known as pen on paper it for students from 300 and above, it comes up first for about a month, this semester will start by July.
After POP E-exam starts this is a computer based exam for 100-200 level students, it also last for about a month.

Note Macharthony online solutions is always ready to help you out with anything concerning NOUN without you leaving your comfort zone and distance is not a barrier. We have been doing this for the past 5 years and no complain from our client we always deliver

You can chat me up or call me through this number 08185025045

Just stay on this platform and you will be glad you did.
You get all necessary information you need from here

Thanks
Signed Macharthony
I must commend you for the assistance you're giving to the newbies its not easy some study centers don't even have time to tell you all this

2 Likes

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Kazrem(m): 5:14pm On Apr 24, 2018
Gentile700:
And by the way, how hard are exams in Noun?
If anyone tells you noun exam is cheap he is either deceiving you or doesn't know what he is saying.

What can aid you is treating past questions.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Gentile700: 5:56pm On Apr 24, 2018
I'm hearing that pgd business administration has added 3 more courses to the 8 already registered courses for the semester, how true is this?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by talk2odoh(m): 2:07am On Apr 25, 2018
CuteTolex:

try and chat with their agent on remita, i just did that and it was resolved
Please guide me, how can I chat with their agent. I am affected too.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by endtime1(m): 9:06am On Apr 25, 2018
please who can help me with rough estimate of school fees for 100level biology new intake
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by amiibaby(f): 9:08am On Apr 25, 2018
Pls has NOUN start going for NYSC?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by hollayemy89: 9:43am On Apr 25, 2018
amiibaby:
Pls has NOUN start going for NYSC?

Not yet pls, But in progress
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by NOUNPortal: 9:49am On Apr 25, 2018
Learn How To Generate Remita RRR Code for NOUN Admission and School Fees Payment

GENERATE RRR CODE

See New Update to the National Open University Courses 2018
https://www.nounportal.com.ng/p/national-open-university-courses.html

National Open University 2018 Registration Procedures

LOGIN / REGISTER AT Nouonline Portal

Download National Open University Course Materials
https://www.nounportal.com.ng/p/download-noun-course-materials.html

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 9:52am On Apr 25, 2018
Do you want to gain admission in the NOUN and not sure of the accredited courses. Click on the link below to view list of all accredited courses in the national open university of Nigeria. Thanks
https://www.gistlord.com/here-is-the-list-of-all-accredited-courses-in-national-open-university-of-nigeria/
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by CuteTolex(f): 10:20am On Apr 25, 2018
talk2odoh:

Please guide me, how can I chat with their agent. I am affected too.
go to load wallet and try and generate a remita code, when you get to that page, click on remita mobile, it will automatically take u to a page, when you get to that page, if you are using a Pc, check the lower part of ur system by the battery side, u will see an icon for chat, click on it and start chatting immediately, i believe the same process works for phone as well

1 Like

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Kazrem(m): 11:25am On Apr 25, 2018
endtime1:
please who can help me with rough estimate of school fees for 100level biology new intake
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nounitesportal(m): 11:52am On Apr 25, 2018
NOUN Disowns Fake Exams Questions On Buhari

The National Open University of Nigeria (NOUN)[/url] on Tuesday denied any link with fake questions on President Muhammadu Buhari’s recent statement on Nigerian youth.

The university said it has concluded its exams and there was no basis for any question papers in circulation.

A statement issued by the Director of Media and Publicity of NOUN, Mallam Ibrahim Sheme, said the varsity has filed a formal complaint with security agencies to fish out those behind the fake question papers.

READ MORE

(1) (2) (3) ... (840) (841) (842) (843) (844) (845) (846) ... (1580) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.