Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,841 members, 7,817,491 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:06 PM

National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students - Education (905) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students (3485371 Views)

What You Don't Know About National Open University Of Nigeria (noun) / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) MBA Students. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (902) (903) (904) (905) (906) (907) (908) ... (1580) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Anthonyo15(m): 7:05am On Sep 24, 2018
Goodmorning all

Updates

The school will be introducing some GST courses into the system, as of this morning these courses are not yet in the students portal for them to register it. You can go ahead with other registration and wait till this courses are seen in your portal by then you can add them if you still have some units left unused or you do them next semester.

A lot of students are waiting and complaining concerning the release of last semester result. You should know that in conventional universities you don't officially see your first semester result by your second semester and you still move on with the second semester, if you have any reference you do it in the following session so I don't expect students to take it against the school as there shortcomings for not seeing results yet, yes I know the school has it own shortcoming but not in the area of releasing of results every semester they are trying in that aspect considering the population of students in the school.

Note you will just wait till TMA start, you don't need to follow the school calendar available to us at the moment cos a lot of things must have changed with those dates

For those having issue with their registration I advise you wait till dropping of course and exam starts I think by then your portal will be reset and you will be able to do your registration afresh.

I will advise students to try and do their complete courses in a semester and even add one or two courses if you can handle it cos the way NOUN is adding new courses every semester you will have free units to handle them if the case arises in your finals and you won't need extra semester. Please this is just an advise o

Thanks
You can chat me up for any assistances you may need

Macharnthony Solutions
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Anthonyo15(m): 7:09am On Sep 24, 2018
Reminder ☑

Clearance and issuance of matric starts today 24th of September 2018,
9am prompt.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Anthonyo15(m): 9:12am On Sep 24, 2018
⤵ Registration will commence fully today for both new and returning students.
Clearance for new students will also commence today.

⤵ If you know you supposed to have graduated and your name did not come out maybe because of project or seminar go to your study centre and make a complaints.

⤵ If you have anyone that wants to Apply into Noun, Admission is still on

➡ Distance is not a Barrier

Macharnthony Solutions

1 Like 1 Share

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by NOUNPortal: 9:32am On Sep 24, 2018
A complete guide to Application for Admission into the national open university of Nigeria (NOUN). It was made to walk you through the process of Admission procedures, admission requirements, and the National Open University School fees.

https://nounportal.net/noun-admission-application/

Click the above link to get started

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by hydee22(f): 10:43am On Sep 24, 2018
Registration is yet to start for new students.

Anthonyo15:

Macharnthony Solutions
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by NOUNNews: 10:52am On Sep 24, 2018
The school will no more wave more than one elective course not attempted or Carried over!! This is for those waiting to graduate. Students are expected to choose one elective from the list of elective courses for a semester and they must pass all compulsory and elective courses as stated per semester in terms of graduation requirement.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by igbsam(m): 10:54am On Sep 24, 2018
What is delaying screening at Mushin Study center ?

And i'd like to know if there's a grace period for one to pay school fees.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by larry10: 11:40am On Sep 24, 2018
Just left Lagos study Centre now and they still saying I can’t get matric no or do registration because the portal isn’t opening. I should come back next week?
sigh..
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Olohunjedalo(m): 11:43am On Sep 24, 2018
larry10:
Just left Lagos study Centre now and they still saying I can’t get matric no or do registration because the portal isn’t opening. I should come back next week?
sigh..
When did they ask you to come back?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Jomafuvwe: 11:44am On Sep 24, 2018
Hello house, please any public health student 300L and above here? I need your advice for something...
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Anthonyo15(m): 12:01pm On Sep 24, 2018
JUST IN :➡

UPDATE! UPDATE!! UPDATE!!!

This is to inform all freshers that issuance of matriculation number has been postponed to 2nd of October due to certain reasons, we are so sorry for the inconveniences caused.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by larry10: 12:08pm On Sep 24, 2018
Olohunjedalo:

When did they ask you to come back?
They just cleared me and asked me to come back next week Monday for matric no undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 12:29pm On Sep 24, 2018
Anthonyo15:

This is to inform all freshers that issuance of matriculation number has been postponed to 2nd of October due to certain reasons, we are so sorry for the inconveniences caused.

Good work your doing here, but is NOUN actually a higher institution why all the drawbacks, when do they expect people to write exams, TMA'S and the rest
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Mydazz(m): 5:26pm On Sep 24, 2018
Anthonyo15:

Please i just applied for MSc Bus Administration but admission letter page is not coming up, rather I am getting a blank pdf page. What could the problem be please
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Mydazz(m): 5:30pm On Sep 24, 2018
Anthonyo15:

⤵ If you know you supposed to have graduated and your name did not come out maybe because of project or seminar go to your study centre and make a complaints.

⤵ If you have anyone that wants to Apply into Noun, Admission is still on

Macharnthony Solutions

I have applied for pg with muslin as study centre but print admission letter keeps giving blank pdf, please what should I do?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by osusu(m): 6:33pm On Sep 24, 2018
NOUNNews:
The school will no more wave more than one elective course not attempted or Carried over!! This is for those waiting to graduate. Students are expected to choose one elective from the list of elective courses for a semester and they must pass all compulsory and elective courses as stated per semester in terms of graduation requirement.
i.e only one elective course can be waved in order for a student to graduate?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by fishguide(m): 7:01pm On Sep 24, 2018
Its another week to get back to you research work

Need Assistant?

Talk to me
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Anthonyo15(m): 7:22pm On Sep 24, 2018
Mydazz:

I have applied for pg with muslin as study centre but print admission letter keeps giving blank pdf, please what should I do?

How To Reprint Application Form/Admission Letter

1. Go to www.nouonline.net

2. Click on Apply for admission and choose Apply for undergraduate

3. On the new page, click on Reprints and choose Reprint 2018/1 undergraduate application form (or admission letter as the case may be)

4. Enter the RRR code and Unique ID and then click on submit.

5. Click on Proceed to print to finally have it downloaded.

6. If you are unable to print your admission letter, you can text me on Whatsapp 08185025045

1 Like 1 Share

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by babs4090(m): 9:00pm On Sep 24, 2018
Hello everyone,

How long will NOUN continue to postpone clearance and registration for new students? I doubt a semester would be complete in December as proposed by the school.

Meanwhile, who can help with study materials for 1st semester PGD in InfoTech, so one can at least get familiar with the courses before the school finds its bearing?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by PrinceCEE(m): 4:30am On Sep 25, 2018
I'd like to get things straight here. I'm a 300L student, in University of Ibadan.
Is application still ongoing as I had applied just few minutes ago and I was directed to make a mandatory payment of 5k.
More so, what's the tuition fees for the program?

I applied for maths and comp science and would I be able to apply to 200L considering the fact that I am already in 300L in a federal university with well grounded knowledge in maths.

What's the duration of the program and are attendance in class mandatory?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by thaddeus12(m): 7:04am On Sep 25, 2018
PrinceCEE:
I'd like to get things straight here. I'm a 300L student, in University of Ibadan.
Is application still ongoing as I had applied just few minutes ago and I was directed to make a mandatory payment of 5k.
More so, what's the tuition fees for the program?

I applied for maths and comp science and would I be able to apply to 200L considering the fact that I am already in 300L in a federal university with well grounded knowledge in maths.

What's the duration of the program and are attendance in class mandatory?
Mr prince you are not a graduate yet, therefore you cannot start with 200level . U will start with yr 1. The duration is 4yrs. There is no lecture or attandence.

1 Like

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by PrinceCEE(m): 8:08am On Sep 25, 2018
thaddeus12:

Mr prince you are not a graduate yet, therefore you cannot start with 200level . U will start with yr 1. The duration is 4yrs. There is no lecture or attandence.

Thanks for the swift response...

I was able to get the answers to my questions on their site.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nounitesportal(m): 10:06am On Sep 25, 2018
NOUN 12th Inaugural Lecture

This is to inform the University community that the 12th Inaugural Lecture of the University has been scheduled to hold as follows:

READ MORE. . . . .
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by PrinceCEE(m): 11:13am On Sep 25, 2018
I want to ask...

The duration of my course is 4yrs. Would it be possible to finish it in 3 yrs?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Anthonyo15(m): 11:35am On Sep 25, 2018
babs4090:
Hello everyone,

How long will NOUN continue to postpone clearance and registration for new students? I doubt a semester would be complete in December as proposed by the school.

Meanwhile, who can help with study materials for 1st semester PGD in InfoTech, so one can at least get familiar with the courses before the school finds its bearing?

HOW TO DOWNLOAD SOFT COPIES OF ALL YOUR NATIONAL OPEN UNIVERSITY COURSE MATERIAL

Student have been asking for where they can get the course materials, today I am going to explain how to use nouedu.net to download all course material for any Faculty, Level or Semester.

So what is nouedu.net? nouedu.net is now the official website were all study wares, general information about the school and also latest news about the school are uploaded, I think nouedu.net as taking the place of the old nou.edu.ng.

I would want to use this medium to let students know that there are only two official website released by the management of National Open University of Nigeria.

The first one is www.nouonline.net, which is where student can apply for admission and also login to their portal. You should know that all financial activities concerning NOUN are done on this website.

Second is the www.nouedu.net, this website is mainly for study ware like Course Materials and other general information about the school.

Below are the steps you can take to download your course materials. Before downloading any study materials, you are required to have a PDF Reader on your device, if not you will not be able to open the downloaded material.

STEP 1

Visit www.nouedu.net using your laptop or any other internet enabled device.

STEP 2

At the menu bar, click one RESOURCES , there will be a dropdown menu, click on OPENCOURSE WARE.

STEP 3

Step two above should take you to the Course Ware page.

To filter the courses to show only your own courses you will select your Host Faculty, Level and Semester as below

Host Faculty: e.g. Science Level: e.g. 100Semester: e.g 2

Then you click on Apply

STEP 4

Each course listed can be downloaded by clicking on the course code at the right hand corner of the page, under the column labeled Download Course Material

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by NobodyKnows(m): 11:41am On Sep 25, 2018
[s]
Anthonyo15:

HOW TO DOWNLOAD SOFT COPIES OF ALL YOUR NATIONAL OPEN UNIVERSITY COURSE MATERIAL

Student have been asking for where they can get the course materials, today I am going to explain how to use nouedu.net to download all course material for any Faculty, Level or Semester.

So what is nouedu.net? nouedu.net is now the official website were all study wares, general information about the school and also latest news about the school are uploaded, I think nouedu.net as taking the place of the old nou.edu.ng.

I would want to use this medium to let students know that there are only two official website released by the management of National Open University of Nigeria.

The first one is www.nouonline.net, which is where student can apply for admission and also login to their portal. You should know that all financial activities concerning NOUN are done on this website.

Second is the www.nouedu.net, this website is mainly for study ware like Course Materials and other general information about the school.

Below are the steps you can take to download your course materials. Before downloading any study materials, you are required to have a PDF Reader on your device, if not you will not be able to open the downloaded material.

STEP 1

Visit www.nouedu.net using your laptop or any other internet enabled device.

STEP 2

At the menu bar, click one RESOURCES , there will be a dropdown menu, click on OPENCOURSE WARE.

STEP 3

Step two above should take you to the Course Ware page.

To filter the courses to show only your own courses you will select your Host Faculty, Level and Semester as below

Host Faculty: e.g. Science Level: e.g. 100Semester: e.g 2

Then you click on Apply

STEP 4

Each course listed can be downloaded by clicking on the course code at the right hand corner of the page, under the column labeled Download Course Material
[/s]
Trash
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by PrinceCEE(m): 11:57am On Sep 25, 2018
This Noun mode of operation is still vague to me. They've 3TMAs. What's TMA?

And how many weeks of lectures in a semester?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Tojued: 11:58am On Sep 25, 2018
PrinceCEE:
I want to ask...

No
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Tojued: 12:03pm On Sep 25, 2018
PrinceCEE:
This Noun mode of operation is still vague to me. They've 3TMAs. What's TMA?

And how many weeks of lectures in a semester?

Tutor marked assignment... equivalent of test or continuous assessment. They are done online and are in objective format. We have three TMAs, each one 10 questions. They make up a cumulative 30% while exam is 70%. So if you can score 30/30 in your TMA you're already halfway to success...
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by thaddeus12(m): 4:15pm On Sep 25, 2018
PrinceCEE:
I want to ask...

Yes depend on ur ability to pass the courses and you make sure u registered about 24credit loads. But with the situation of things now the uni have changed i doubt if you can grag within 3yrs
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Anthonyo15(m): 6:01pm On Sep 25, 2018
LATEST UPDATE FROM THE SCHOOL!!!

NOUN will be introducing some GST COURSES into the system, as of this morning those courses are not yet in the student portal.

Students can go ahead with other course registrations and wait till when the courses will be finally uploaded in their respective portals, by then students can add them if they still have some units left unused or register them next semester.

Students are also advised to hasten up with their RESEARCH PROCESS so as to submit on before October ending.

Student who have issues with their supervisors related to harassment or any kind of extortion, can go to the school to file for a change of supervisor if so desired.

General updates!

Students who collected only log book last semester can now go to the school for their I.T FORMS so as to commence their Industrial Training.

Lastly, this is to inform all freshers that issuance of
Matriculation Number has been postponed till 2nd October 2018 due to some certain reasons.

Thanks.

Macharnthony Solutions
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Anthonyo15(m): 6:06pm On Sep 25, 2018
ATTENTION!!!

Teaching practice Orientation comes up on thurs. 27/9/18 by 10:00am. All eligible 300, 400 nd 700 level stds take note nd inform others. NOUN, Mushin Study Centre

(1) (2) (3) ... (902) (903) (904) (905) (906) (907) (908) ... (1580) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 112
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.