Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,026 members, 7,818,030 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:34 AM

National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students - Education (933) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students (3486109 Views)

What You Don't Know About National Open University Of Nigeria (noun) / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) MBA Students. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (930) (931) (932) (933) (934) (935) (936) ... (1580) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 1:30pm On Oct 31, 2018
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Aybank: 3:22pm On Oct 31, 2018
Good day everyone
pls I need answer to this
I registered for GST 101 only since GST105 &107 wasn't available at the time of registration...
I logged in
my GST portal and am seeing 105& 107..
should I attempt the TMAs or leave it since it wasn't registered.
Thanks as I await your response..
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Adeniranxxt: 3:30pm On Oct 31, 2018
4601CE:

Those that have negative balance on their wallet . Or
Those that borrowed money from the portal to do their course or exam registration.

What will happen to dem ?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 3:49pm On Oct 31, 2018
Adeniranxxt:

What will happen to dem ?
Idk na .
They said those people should pay up or they won’t be allowed into the exam hall
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by ananne: 4:16pm On Oct 31, 2018
4601CE:

Those that have negative balance on their wallet . Or
Those that borrowed money from the portal to do their course or exam registration.

Please how do people borrow money from the portal? Is it possible to borrow money from the portal without having negative balance in the portal?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by ananne: 4:23pm On Oct 31, 2018
Anthonyo15:
BREAKING NEWS!!!

This is to inform all students that borrowed money from the school portal for course and examination registration that they will not be allowed access into the exam hall if they refuse to balance up before the commencement of the 2018_2 examination.

Please how do you know if you borrowed money from the portal. I gave someone money to pay into my portal. He did and I registered. I noticed I didn't see the remita receipt in my email. I went to remita site to reprint and all I saw was an invoice. He hasn't been picking my calls again. My wallet doesn't have a negative balance. But I don't have a receipt for the payment he made. Could he have borrowed money using my portal while he pocketed my money?

Is there a way to find out how he made the payment into my portal without a receipt?

Please I need answers. So I can no the next step to take.

1 Like

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 4:23pm On Oct 31, 2018
ananne:

Please how do people borrow money from the portal? Is it possible to borrow money from the portal without having negative balance in the portal?
Idk how it’s done .
There are people on this thread that surely knows about it
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Adeniranxxt: 4:39pm On Oct 31, 2018
ananne:

Please how do you know if you borrowed money from the portal. I gave someone money to pay into my portal. He did and I registered. I noticed I didn't see the remita receipt in my email. I went to remita site to reprint and all I saw was an invoice. He hasn't been picking my calls again. My wallet doesn't have a negative balance. But I don't have a receipt for the payment he made. Could he have borrowed money using my portal while he pocketed my money?

Is there a way to find out how he made the payment into my portal without a receipt?

Please I need answers. So I can no the next step to take.

My broda same issue here oo.....e did not pay d money
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 4:52pm On Oct 31, 2018
Adeniranxxt:

OMG.
Why are people wicked like this na ?
shocked
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by ananne: 4:54pm On Oct 31, 2018
Someone who know about this should explain so we can no the next step to take.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by ananne: 4:55pm On Oct 31, 2018
Adeniranxxt:

Do you have a negative balance in your wallet. I don't. The RRR code he generated is in the portal. But remita is saying payment wasn't made.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 5:00pm On Oct 31, 2018
Ok
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 5:09pm On Oct 31, 2018
OK this issue have been dealt with already.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Adeniranxxt: 5:24pm On Oct 31, 2018
ananne:

Do you have a negative balance in your wallet. I don't. The RRR code he generated is in the portal. But remita is saying payment wasn't made.

No bro....but i just hope it wont lead to suspension
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Adeniranxxt: 5:25pm On Oct 31, 2018
Oyinem:
OK this issue have been dealt with already.

Wat issue
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Adeniranxxt: 5:27pm On Oct 31, 2018
4601CE:

OMG.
Why are people wicked like this na ?
shocked

I tire ooo....many student in debt
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Anthonyo15(m): 5:37pm On Oct 31, 2018
This is the list of those who borrowed money from the portal(NOUN LAPO). School management has posted their names on the school board
Ilorin study centre

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Anthonyo15(m): 5:45pm On Oct 31, 2018
This is the list of those who borrowed money from the porta l(NOUN LAPO). School management has posted their names on the school board
Ilorin study center...

1 Share

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Anthonyo15(m): 5:50pm On Oct 31, 2018
REPORTING FROM MUSHIN STUDY CENTRE

ALL E-EXAM STAMPINGS HAS BEING POSTPONED TILL NEXT WEEK....

POP STUDENTS CAN STILL GO FOR THEIRS

1 Share

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Anthonyo15(m): 5:52pm On Oct 31, 2018
EXAM RULES!!!!

1 Share

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by ananne: 6:42pm On Oct 31, 2018
Anthonyo15:
This is the list of those who borrowed money from the porta l(NOUN LAPO). School management has posted their names on the school board
Ilorin study center...

Please how can I know if money was borrower using my portal. I don't have a receipt number the guy who was supposed to find my portal is not reachable. I have registered my course and exam...... But a receipt of payment can't be generated.

Please help me...i need to know how it's done so I can rectify the problem.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 6:55pm On Oct 31, 2018
ananne:

Please how can I know if money was borrower using my portal. I don't have a receipt number the guy who was supposed to find my portal is not reachable. I have registered my course and exam...... But a receipt of payment can't be generated.

Please help me...i need to know how it's done so I can rectify the problem.
If you did not see negative balance in your Portal it means you are not owing the school. There is no way you will borrow from your portal without it showing negative balance after the registration.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by ananne: 6:59pm On Oct 31, 2018
Adeniranxxt:

No bro....but i just hope it wont lead to suspension

So what do you intend to do about it...
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by ananne: 7:01pm On Oct 31, 2018
Oyinem:
If you did not see negative balance in your Portal it means you are not owing the school. There is no way you will borrow from your portal without it showing negative balance after the registration.

But I cant generate a receipt for the payment made. Remita site is showing invoice. They said the payment was not completed. Yet the money showed in my portal and I registered for the semester with it. The RRR code is different from the codes of my previous payments. The guys number is suddenly not available.

What do you think is wrong here..
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Adeniranxxt: 7:10pm On Oct 31, 2018
ananne:

So what do you intend to do about it...

Do u hav negative on ur portal ?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by ananne: 7:22pm On Oct 31, 2018
Adeniranxxt:

Do u hav negative on ur portal ?

No I don't. That's the issue
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 7:35pm On Oct 31, 2018
ananne:

But I cant generate a receipt for the payment made. Remita site is showing invoice. They said the payment was not completed. Yet the money showed in my portal and I registered for the semester with it. The RRR code is different from the codes of my previous payments. The guys number is suddenly not available.

What do you think is wrong here..
Every remita Receipt is sent to your email from the bank so check your email. Every study center has its own rules towards exam so it may not be a must to present your receipt before exam in your study center but you have to print all your payment history from your wallet as evidence inplace of receipt.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Anthonyo15(m): 9:07pm On Oct 31, 2018
REPORT OF THE INTERACTIVE SESSION WITH THE DIRECTOR OF LAGOS STUDY CENTRE HELD TODAY AT THE CENTRE, V.I

It will be recalled that an Interactive Session with the Lagos Study Center Director scheduled to hold today 31st October 2018 was announced on the school website.

The said Interactive Session which was successfully held today at the Student Conference Hall directly adjacent the Faculty of Social Science was opened with a brief remark by the Centre Director at exactly 11:30 pm, thirty minutes later than scheduled

The Session had in attendance all Faculty Heads and Examiners, and also roughly 300 students

The Centre Director, after the brief opening remark, in his words emphatically passed across to the students as follows:

➡"Students who are a minute late to the exam will not be permitted to enter the exam hall"

➡"Students are to dress decently to the exam hall"

➡"Students are to talk politely to the school staff in exam hall irrespective of the challenges you find yourself"

➡"Students must conduct themselves in decorum during and after exam"

➡"Mothers with children are to conduct their children"

➡"Come to the exam hall with the original copy of your Agreement Form"

➡"It is compulsory you come with your Student I.D Card and Exam Registration Slip"

➡"For those that did not make payment but use the hacking system to borrow fund from the portal. You are advised to go and pay now as e-wallet slip will be attached to registration slip"

⤵MISSING RESULT

↗"If your Matric No. falls short of a digit or written incorrectly at the exam, then you don't have result"

↗Further states that, "No university will ever keep your result for any reason"

↗"If you have registered for the semester exam and you are indisposed to write the exam, kindly write to the Study Centre Director. Then you wouldn't have to pay for another registration fee the next semester"

QUESTION TIME ⬇

Q1. Student: "What if the exam hall is filled up ?"

Ans. Director: "Exam Hall space not an issue, if you are 30 mins late to the exam, then you won't be allowed to enter"

Q2. Student: "Sir, we registered for 9 courses and yet we were given 1 material, please how do we read well for such exam ?"

Ans. Director: "We paid 350,000 dollars annually to put the portal in place"

Course materials are not paid for by students, hence if you are able to get any, it's just a privilege

Stresses further, "I will not tolerate any corruption in Lagos Study Centre"

"Download the course materials and print yourself"

"If you don't have it and you failed, then its your choice"

Q3. Student: "Sir some of us who changed study centre are still having issues, please sort us out ?"

Ans. Director: "I personally signed out about 15 students transfer to McCarthy Study Center, two weeks later, they still transfer back here. Jumping from pillar to pole"

"We must not change Study Centre 4 weeks to exam, except paramilitary students"

Q4. Student: "NYSC pending bill, what is NOUN doing about it ?"

Ans. Director: "Letters of Exclusion is still on for now. NYSC are scared of the number of NOUN students"

"In as much your Exclusion Letter is not fake, then you can use it anywhere"

Q5. Student: "Tma answer being marked wrong even when it's right, please help us out sir"

Ans. Director: "We are sorry about this and we will look into it"

Q6. Student: "Malfunction of GST Courses, what do we do sir ?"

Not opportuned to address due to time constrain

Q7. Student: "We need a reliable source of information, pls do something sir ?"

However, while responding to some random questions, the Center Director stressed in his words that "Portal cannot be reopened after closure

And while also responding to a specific question responding to a specific question regarding Jamb says, "If we ask for Jamb, 50% of our students will not be here"

After the Question and Answer segment of the Interactive Session, the Director concluded by stating, "We promise to cooperate with you as we hope you also cooperate with us"

The Interactive Session was brought to a close at exactly 12:30pm with students still pregnant with myriad of questions begging to be asked, but rather half satisfied with the info filled Interactive Session.

Have a beautiful night ahead greatest NOUNITES

Macharnthony Solutions

1 Like 1 Share

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by moyinoluwabun(m): 10:59pm On Oct 31, 2018
Where is d examination venue for Lagos study centre pls
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by moyinoluwabun(m): 10:59pm On Oct 31, 2018
Anthonyo15:
REPORT OF THE INTERACTIVE SESSION WITH THE DIRECTOR OF LAGOS STUDY CENTRE HELD TODAY AT THE CENTRE, V.I

It will be recalled that an Interactive Session with the Lagos Study Center Director scheduled to hold today 31st October 2018 was announced on the school website.

The said Interactive Session which was successfully held today at the Student Conference Hall directly adjacent the Faculty of Social Science was opened with a brief remark by the Centre Director at exactly 11:30 pm, thirty minutes later than scheduled

The Session had in attendance all Faculty Heads and Examiners, and also roughly 300 students

The Centre Director, after the brief opening remark, in his words emphatically passed across to the students as follows:

➡"Students who are a minute late to the exam will not be permitted to enter the exam hall"

➡"Students are to dress decently to the exam hall"

➡"Students are to talk politely to the school staff in exam hall irrespective of the challenges you find yourself"

➡"Students must conduct themselves in decorum during and after exam"

➡"Mothers with children are to conduct their children"

➡"Come to the exam hall with the original copy of your Agreement Form"

➡"It is compulsory you come with your Student I.D Card and Exam Registration Slip"

➡"For those that did not make payment but use the hacking system to borrow fund from the portal. You are advised to go and pay now as e-wallet slip will be attached to registration slip"

⤵MISSING RESULT

↗"If your Matric No. falls short of a digit or written incorrectly at the exam, then you don't have result"

↗Further states that, "No university will ever keep your result for any reason"

↗"If you have registered for the semester exam and you are indisposed to write the exam, kindly write to the Study Centre Director. Then you wouldn't have to pay for another registration fee the next semester"

QUESTION TIME ⬇

Q1. Student: "What if the exam hall is filled up ?"

Ans. Director: "Exam Hall space not an issue, if you are 30 mins late to the exam, then you won't be allowed to enter"

Q2. Student: "Sir, we registered for 9 courses and yet we were given 1 material, please how do we read well for such exam ?"

Ans. Director: "We paid 350,000 dollars annually to put the portal in place"

Course materials are not paid for by students, hence if you are able to get any, it's just a privilege

Stresses further, "I will not tolerate any corruption in Lagos Study Centre"

"Download the course materials and print yourself"

"If you don't have it and you failed, then its your choice"

Q3. Student: "Sir some of us who changed study centre are still having issues, please sort us out ?"

Ans. Director: "I personally signed out about 15 students transfer to McCarthy Study Center, two weeks later, they still transfer back here. Jumping from pillar to pole"

"We must not change Study Centre 4 weeks to exam, except paramilitary students"

Q4. Student: "NYSC pending bill, what is NOUN doing about it ?"

Ans. Director: "Letters of Exclusion is still on for now. NYSC are scared of the number of NOUN students"

"In as much your Exclusion Letter is not fake, then you can use it anywhere"

Q5. Student: "Tma answer being marked wrong even when it's right, please help us out sir"

Ans. Director: "We are sorry about this and we will look into it"

Q6. Student: "Malfunction of GST Courses, what do we do sir ?"

Q7. Student: "We need a reliable source of information, pls do something sir ?"

However, while responding to some random questions, the Center Director stressed in his words that "Portal cannot be reopened after closure

And while also responding to a specific question responding to a specific question regarding Jamb says, "If we ask for Jamb, 50% of our students will not be here"

After the Question and Answer segment of the Interactive Session, the Director concluded by stating, "We promise to cooperate with you as we hope you also cooperate with us"

The Interactive Session was brought to a close at exactly 12:30pm with students still pregnant with myriad of questions begging to be asked, but rather half satisfied with the info filled Interactive Session.

Have a beautiful night ahead greatest NOUNITES

Macharnthony Solutions
where is d examination venue for Lagos study centre pls
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 11:07pm On Oct 31, 2018
moyinoluwabun:

where is d examination venue for Lagos study centre pls
I didn’t know there are study centres that situate their exam venue at a different location.

(1) (2) (3) ... (930) (931) (932) (933) (934) (935) (936) ... (1580) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: zico730(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.