Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,109 members, 7,814,893 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:17 PM

Secrets Of the gods - Literature (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Secrets Of the gods (112297 Views)

The Gods Are Hungry / Who Offended The gods of the land? / Food For The Gods. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (40) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Secrets Of the gods by JeffreyJamez(m): 4:26pm On Sep 24, 2013
Ah!!! OGa frank....today's dose is short na...*crying*

The suspense is killing.........hollywood tinz o!!!
Re: Secrets Of the gods by waistaa(f): 4:36pm On Sep 24, 2013
oga frank.abeg wetin be P.M
Re: Secrets Of the gods by ninja4life(m): 4:42pm On Sep 24, 2013
Haha keeps finger crosed waiting 4 d next update tomorrow.
Re: Secrets Of the gods by BukkyDan(f): 5:31pm On Sep 24, 2013
Jeez...my palms are sweaty already.
God please let power supply be stable @ Oga frank house o.

Oga frank weldone...You never disappoint
Re: Secrets Of the gods by rofemiguwa(f): 5:50pm On Sep 24, 2013
SWthrt now I can comment .dt was fantabulous.can't wait for next more ink to ur pen
Re: Secrets Of the gods by Ice4jez(m): 6:18pm On Sep 24, 2013
Oga frank thanks bro .It was worth the wait....
Re: Secrets Of the gods by Cheriepet: 6:37pm On Sep 24, 2013
Frankie yesterday's update kept me in a state of confusion like Inspector Lucky, but today's update xplains it all.

i like d twist, it kips me coming back for more. welldone man u re one in a million.
Re: Secrets Of the gods by Kslib(m): 8:53pm On Sep 24, 2013
Ghen!! Ghen!!
I cant wait for ghaoul to start causing enough damage via clifford...
This reminds me of Alaogbaga who possessed Rogers in Tenth generation.. Damn,Rogers was one hell of a dude ..lol
All izz well!
Re: Secrets Of the gods by frank317: 9:13pm On Sep 24, 2013
JeffreyJamez: Ah!!! OGa frank....today's dose is short na...*crying*

Sorry i will try and upload a long post tomorrow.
JeffreyJamez: Ah!!! OGa frank....today's dose is short na...*crying*

Sorry i will try and upload a long post tomorrow.

waistaa: oga frank.abeg wetin be P.M
Na so i see am. It is a message members send to other members email from such online forum as nairaland. I dont know the full meaning, perhaps the modes can help explain better
Re: Secrets Of the gods by frank317: 9:17pm On Sep 24, 2013
ninja4life: Haha keeps finger crosed waiting 4 d next update tomorrow.

Thanx man, we will meet tomorrow

BukkyDan: Jeez...my palms are sweaty already.
God please let power supply be stable @ Oga frank house o.

Oga frank weldone...You never disappoint

Thanks Bukky, u never dissapoint too
Re: Secrets Of the gods by frank317: 9:28pm On Sep 24, 2013
rofemiguwa: SWthrt now I can comment .dt was fantabulous.can't wait for next more ink to ur pen

U are great girly, its glad to know u are always there.

@ice4jez i am glad u are loving this. I hope i will never dissapoint u.

Kslib: Ghen!! Ghen!!
I cant wait for ghaoul to start causing enough damage via clifford...
This reminds me of Alaogbaga who possessed Rogers in Tenth generation.. Damn,Rogers was one hell of a dude ..lol
All izz well!

Ha ha, that why i am trying to beat that story... If i have my way i will make ghaoul much ruthless than alaogbaga. Well lets watch and See.
Re: Secrets Of the gods by Kslib(m): 9:46pm On Sep 24, 2013
frank3.16:

U are great girly, its glad to know u are always there.

@ice4jez i am glad u are loving this. I hope i will never dissapoint u.

Ha ha, that why i am trying to beat that story... If i have my way i will make ghaoul much ruthless than alaogbaga. Well lets watch and See.
Lmao!!! No wonder you made the scene where clifford attacked the policemen so bloody... cheesy cheesy
Kai!!! But there is something about Rogers that made him stand out.. He was ruthless in a hilarious kinda way..
Well,i'll be watching to see if you can sell clifford to us like you did with Rogers..
Lastly,i will never wish my enemy a Rogers...lol
All izz well!

1 Like

Re: Secrets Of the gods by penzino(m): 10:07pm On Sep 24, 2013
Frankenstein! Frankenstein!! Frankenstein!!!
What can I say? You are a Sensational writer.. Keep it up bro, and dnt make me starving for more...
Re: Secrets Of the gods by princesa(f): 10:19pm On Sep 24, 2013
Your stories have got depth and versatility, you do research and that's for sure.

As i read and come across different sub plots that seem so complicated to me, i wonder: 'how is this dude going to pull this off?' but at the end, you never cease to amaze me, and you got so much up ur sleeves.

And offcourse the speed is superb!

Frankie dear, you're good! Tomorrow it iswink
Re: Secrets Of the gods by frank317: 10:58pm On Sep 24, 2013
penzino: Frankenstein! Frankenstein!! Frankenstein!!!
What can I say? You are a Sensational writer.. Keep it up bro, and dnt make me starving for more...

Lol, frankenstein, reminds me of the name an old school mate usd to call me. Thanks bro, i wont make wait long.
Re: Secrets Of the gods by frank317: 11:00pm On Sep 24, 2013
princesa: Your stories have got depth and versatility, you do research and that's for sure.

As i read and come across different sub plots that seem so complicated to me, i wonder: 'how is this dude going to pull this off?' but at the end, you never cease to amaze me, and you got so much up ur sleeves.

Thanks princess, when a princess say positive things about me, i just feel like a king.
Re: Secrets Of the gods by Mynd44: 11:02pm On Sep 24, 2013
**just passing**
Re: Secrets Of the gods by jslimz(f): 11:11pm On Sep 24, 2013
frank3.16:

Na so i see am. It is a message members send to other members email from such online forum as nairaland. I dont know the full meaning, perhaps the modes can help explain better
PM means "Private Mail".
Re: Secrets Of the gods by Nobody: 9:36am On Sep 25, 2013
princesa: Your stories have got depth and versatility, you do research and that's for sure.

commot for road make i see road jawe, you think say my oga be you wey dey type with snail speed?
Oga frank, una do well o, how parole na, we don dey here dey expect o.
Re: Secrets Of the gods by Emperortj93(m): 9:43am On Sep 25, 2013
Just woke up and dive into dis wondafully thought provokin, mind explorin, nerve crakin, suspence fill bt above all very very inspirin thread hopin 2 divoir any new update cus am damn hungry (of oga frank great story). Bt no new update yet.... Mayb i should go freshen up and rush back... Btw, rodger is stil ma rule model until cliford ruthlessness can outshine rodger's, den i wil gladly make cliford aka gaoul my new role model
Last bullet:
i'm a lover (or should i say sucker) for ruthless, hard and sensible antagonist

1 Like

Re: Secrets Of the gods by frank317: 1:30pm On Sep 25, 2013
Emperortj93: Just woke up and dive into dis wondafully thought provokin, mind explorin, nerve crakin, suspence fill bt above all very very inspirin thread hopin 2 divoir any new update cus am damn hungry (of oga frank great story). Bt no new update yet.... Mayb i should go freshen up and rush back... Btw, rodger is stil ma rule model until cliford ruthlessness can outshine rodger's, den i wil gladly make cliford aka gaoul my new role model
Last bullet:
i'm a lover (or should i say sucker) for ruthless, hard and sensible antagonist

wow!! you wan make my head burst... easy girly. Ghaoul has more super natural powers than rogers... i intend to utilize those supernatural powers while i am mindful of making it childish or comical
Re: Secrets Of the gods by frank317: 1:31pm On Sep 25, 2013
Chapter 6
After he left his blood stained room, Clifford knew that he had to go somewhere and have a one on one discussion with Ghaoul. It was obvious that Ghaoul was very worried and both of them really needed to be alone and talk.

He liked his new person more than any way he had ever felt all his life and he wished Ghaoul will be with him forever, but he knew that was just a dream; Ghaoul was very uncomfortable and he felt it.

They were now like twins living inside each other.

As he walked far away from his hood, he recalled how he had killed those cops. The way he felt was exactly the same way a painter would feel after painting a very beautiful image, and he hoped his better half would make him repeat the act all over again on another individual.

He walked far away, towards a remote area of Lugbe which had so many abandoned uncompleted building. It was one of the so many abandoned projects the government had cunningly started in the country; they called this one ‘housing for the masses project’. It had been like this for many years which wasn’t a thing of surprise for the citizens, the only regret was that none of the buildings had been roofed. If not, it would have created a perfect home for so many people who needed shelter in the country’s Federal Capital Territory.

Clifford walked into one of the buildings, carelessly clearing away the dried grasses on the sandy floor as he walked around aimlessly.
“What do we do now?” He spoke out.

“I told you before that I need the medallion. Reason out how we can get it and stop asking me stupid questions. I need to go back to where I belong as soon as possible.” The voice was in his head but Clifford almost felt he could hear it from someone standing close to him.

“I don’t know where it is. Someone took it out from where I kept it.” Clifford explained.

“Did anybody see you when you kept it there?” the voice reechoed.

“My daughter was there with me when I hid it.”

There was silence.

“They took her away and I honestly cannot guess where they could have taken her to.” Then an idea struck in his head, “You found me right? Perhaps you can find her too.” There was a little bit of excitement in his voice.

But the being he hosted within his body remained silent, something what definitely wrong.

“This should be easy right? I mean… you should have some powers that could help us locate her right?” he really wanted Ghaoul to be happy, a feeling he really couldn’t understand why he felt so strongly.

“They planned this all along,” wafted the echo like voice of Ghaoul. It was unhappy.

“Who planned what? What are you talking about?”

“They knew that evil men like you would eventually let me out, so they planned this. They planned a distortion in what was supposed to be a natural occurrence.”

Clifford could feel his anger rising.

“They used the story teller to distort my success, but nothing will stop me from getting back to where I belong and taking what is rightfully mine. We can’t give up Clifford; I need you more than anything right now.”

“You already have me; I will do whatever you want me to do. Just instruct me and I will obey your command.”

“Listen, the more I stay here without the medallion, the weaker I become. All my powers is locked up in that medallion which is the only way I can go back to where I belong. The only way I can appear in this world is in the form of a cloud of smoke and there is so little I can do with it. I am here without my powers so with time, the smoke will fade away and I will be weaker. This is the last and only string my enemies can pull. They can only hope with this distortion, it will take me a long time to locate the medallion.”

“Who are your enemies?” Clifford asked, wondering what kind of power the cloudy being needed again. What he had already witnessed was power enough to him.

“You don’t need that information for now.” There was silence for a while, “I will use their plan against them. Right now, I have no means of locating the medallion since you have already lost it before I got to you. Their intention is for me to go searching for it while they use the story teller to pull it as far away from me as possible. You will help me locate the story teller, with him; we can locate the medallion without mush hassles.”

“What do I do then?” Clifford asked, not really understand what his possessor was talking about.

“Just continue to be the perfect host. Living in you will make me lose less strength as times goes by. Besides, we think alike we both can have fun without me needing to exert so much effort to convince you do what I want. This is exactly why I need you. Just be my energy conserver and I promise you that you won’t regret it”

Clifford smiled, he was happy he was a good host to this mysterious and wonderful being, it wasn’t like he had a choice though, or does he? Well, that wasn’t necessary for now. Being a host to Ghaoul was the best thing that ever happened to him. never in his whole miserable life had he felt so good about living. Nothing else matters just as long as he remained a host to Ghaoul.

“It’s time to eat, you need all the strength you can get” Ghaoul said, “And find a perfect place to rest for the night. There is something about the story teller I need to figure out.”

Clifford stood up in response to Ghaoul’s words. He had a perfect place to rest and sleep for the night.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Secrets Of the gods by frank317: 1:32pm On Sep 25, 2013
The Private Mail Mfon got in her yahoo in box was enough to excite her, but when she received a call from the same sender… it was electrifying.

She had quickly sent her mobile number when the sender had requested for it, saying that he loved the story and would need to discuss with the writer.

She had wanted to immediately call Saint and tell him about this development. The excitement she felt had not allowed to even decide if it was best she sent her number or Saint’s, but then, after she sent hers, she had thought it made no difference.

As she made to call Saint and tell him what was happening, her mobile phone rang and then when the caller declared that he was the same person interested in the story, she became so confused with excitation.

Just the fact that someone loved the story enough to call her was okay. She knew there was something special about Saint and this had proven it. She couldn’t wait to see the smile that would come up on his cute face when she tells him this development.

“I am glad you like sir,” she had replied politely after he had told her how great he thought the story was. “But, I am not the writer though; it’s my boyfriend’s story.”

“Oh, your boyfriends. That is okay… so which part of the country does he stay?” the man in the other end had answered.

“We are both students of University of Uyo and so that is where we live.” She quickly replied.

“Students? Nice… so how did he know so much about Abuja? Does he come here once in a while?” the voice was very polite.

“No, had never been there but said he had heard little about the places he mentioned from friends. Do you stay there?” she asked.
“Yes. I will like to speak with him, how do I communicate with him?”

“I would have loved to give you his number but I will speak with him first.” She replied after a second thought.

“That will be okay, I will wait for his call then,”

“So who are you? Are you a publisher? Can you help in any way?” she asked in haste.

“I really love the story and will like to know more about the author. And yes, I also intend to help. You just tell him to call me; there are some very important things I would love to ask him.” The man on the other end replied. “Besides, I am a journalist and can pull some strings. Tell him to call this number as soon as possible.”

“Alright I will. Thank you Mr….”

“Rotimi. I will be waiting for his call.”

The call ended.

Mfon couldn’t wait to see Saint and give him the good news. She would have loved to call him immediately and give him the news but thought against it. She would love to see the smile on his face when giving him the news. She decided that she was going to go to his house first thing in the morning. They would go to school together from his home.

For now, she must finish up with her school assignment.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Secrets Of the gods by frank317: 1:34pm On Sep 25, 2013
The three men sat in the police vehicle and tried to analyze the whole situation.

“Could she be telling the truth?” Inspector Lucky asked as his friend finished giving them the details of the call he’d just made.

“She didn’t sound like she was lying. Besides why would she lie? She didn’t even sound like she knew that there was something sinister about the story she was posting.”

“That is exactly what I am saying. How are we sure she is not the main writer? Why would she be posting another person’s story yet she is the only one we can contact? Something is fishy.” Lucky insisted. “How are we even sure that she is in Uyo or that she is even a student there.”

“I understand that you are trying to be careful here. But honestly, I don’t think that she was lying. She sounded excited and wanted to know if I could be of help. Why would she put her contact only to lie and pretend she didn’t know that the story is actually playing out in real life?” The journalist said.

Abdul decided to put in his thought, “Don’t we think that the fact that they are in the same state where they medallion was stolen shows we are on the right track? I think I go with Rotimi on this one especially when I look at it from the state she claimed she was posting the story form. Saying that she was posting from Uyo signifies that she has no of idea the effect of her story here in Abuja. I mean, why would she pretend she knows nothing about the effect of the story here in Abuja? Shouldn’t she know that we should be suspicious?

They all remained silent, while pondering over the whole event.

Chief Uzor had discharged them, after mandating the journalist to ensure that he locates the writer of the story. He had chosen not to answer the inspector’s question earlier on concerning the female name mentioned in the story. There was no way the inspector could probe because it would make him sound disrespectful to the millionaire. He had every right not to answer questions that he felt was personal to him.

“Don’t you think the chief is hiding something?” Abdul probed.

“Yes, and that has been a major concern to me. Could he be withholding information that could help in this case?” Lucky put added.

“Well, it is obvious that the chief is holding something back. But he has requested we locate the story writer no matter how much it may cost. Why don’t we just concentrate on locating the writer? Let us give him the rest of the evening to get back to us from wherever he is. If not we will call his girlfriend first thing in the morning.” Rotimi said. His mobile phone rang once he was through with his speech. He looked at the caller ID, it was Chief Uzor.

“Have you spoken to the story writer?” Uzor was clearly eager to hear what they had to say. He had discharged them because he didn’t want them probing into his personal life. He had been greatly shocked by the mention of the name Edna Ajah. How the hell did this mysterious writer know about her?

“We haven’t spoken with him yet sir, but we spoke with his girlfriend who claimed she was the one who uploaded the story online. She promised to make him call us very soon.”

“Did you find out their location?” the Chief asked.

“According to her, they are students of University of Uyo, Akwa Ibom State.” Rotimi quickly said.

There was a long pause at the other end.

Chief Uzor was more than puzzled. Nobody in this world knew about his relationship with Edna except his late wife. He had almost forgotten she even existed. Why in this world would this strange writer talk about her and her son and still talk about him. What has he got to do with all mysterious deaths and happenings? Now the fact that the writer resides in Akwa Ibom State was even much mind boggling.

“I really need you to locate this writer no matter what it costs. If possible, go to Akwa Ibom State and bring him over here at all cost. I will forward enough money into your account in the morning. My life might be in danger so therefore I am ready to pay anything to ensure that I get to the bottom of this.”

The Chief desperation caught Rotimi’s attention. Something beyond this case was bothering the millionaire. “I will do my best Chief. I will update you on the latest development as time goes on.” Then to the cops, “Why don’t we retire for the day and hope this writer communicates us by morning. Whatever happens we will decide on what next to do in the morning. I will come to your office immediately first thing tomorrow.”

Inspector Lucky really wanted them to exhaust the rich man’s angle. Was he withholding information that would help them solve this case? Does he know something? Was he somehow involved in this case but is pretending? The bad news was that the chief was no ordinary citizen that one could harass or intimidate. You don’t just cough out information from him if he does not want to reveal anything. He couldn’t forget the look in the chief’s face when Edna’s name was mentioned; he had suddenly gotten so interested in the case but would not reveal anything. Like the journalist had suggested, the only option he had for now was to locate and speak with this writer.

“Alright, we will meet in the morning and talk more on the case; meanwhile you will have to maintain your stance that you have connections and could help them publish the story. We will also go to the hospital and see Angela. We will need to retrieve the medallion from her. I will like to see this object that is causing this whole commotion. Rotimi, we will definitely need to persuade the chief to tell us what he knows, he must be made to understand that the information he is withholding could stall the progress of this investigation. We will promise him to be very confidential with whatever he tells us.”

Rotimi and Abdul nodded in agreement.

“I believe he has the key to finding Ekene. Everyone mentioned in that story must be located, I believe we are all very important piece to this puzzle.”

He motioned to Abdul to start the car.

“We will drop you at your office so that you cab pick your car. Please come out as early as possible. I have a feeling I will need you now more than ever.” Lucky said to Rotimi and left a serious smile on the journalist’s face.

Soon they were driving out of Maitama District.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Secrets Of the gods by frank317: 1:38pm On Sep 25, 2013
guys, i have to stop here now the light situation is slowing me down.

i ask for your permission to travel for a friend's mum's burial. this will definitely affect my consistency. however, if i dont make the journey tomorrow, i will have to send the remaining part of chapter 6 tomorrow, but if i travel, then the next update will come on friday. before i get busy for the weekend. thanks for understanding.
Re: Secrets Of the gods by zinylizzy(f): 4:23pm On Sep 25, 2013
haba...take ur time and thanks for sharing
Re: Secrets Of the gods by Emperortj93(m): 4:25pm On Sep 25, 2013
Still following with speed lyk dat of redbull's sabestian vettel (f1 champion)... No dulling
Re: Secrets Of the gods by princesa(f): 4:37pm On Sep 25, 2013
Damex333: commot for road make i see road jawe, you think say my oga be you wey dey type with snail speed?
am a lady na, so i should always take my time grin

oga frank, na wah oh, please finish this chapter na, some lives are in danger here in Abuja ohsad

1 Like

Re: Secrets Of the gods by Cheriepet: 4:46pm On Sep 25, 2013
Franklin.... Frankly Frankie.... u have our permission to travel. tanks 4 dis long update n for its twists n turns.

keep doing d gud work.
Re: Secrets Of the gods by Nobody: 5:45pm On Sep 25, 2013
Thank God lagos is free from evil, those in akwa ibom and abuja sud take heart o.
Re: Secrets Of the gods by Nobody: 7:02pm On Sep 25, 2013
Nice story mr.frank,i'm so much enjoying it....um...ghaoul kinda remind me of lord voldemort,Harry Potter,when he possessed the body of prof quirrel...All the same you doing a nice work.#team following#
Re: Secrets Of the gods by Becketh(f): 7:04pm On Sep 25, 2013
dis story is da BOMB, more update pls

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (40) (Reply)

Securing The Bag (The Lagos Hustle) / A Male Child Is More Beneficial Than A Female Child In Nigeria(see Why) / A Broken Destiny: The Sword Of Vengeance

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.