Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,205 members, 7,953,757 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 03:56 AM

Secrets Of the gods - Literature (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Secrets Of the gods (114680 Views)

The Gods Are Hungry / Who Offended The gods of the land? / Food For The Gods. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (40) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Secrets Of the gods by AmiableJay(m): 7:40pm On Sep 25, 2013
Oga Frankie! Na you oh. Your tori dey gimmie goose pimples.
Re: Secrets Of the gods by Ollyfad(f): 7:46pm On Sep 25, 2013
So no update til friday??dis is sad.m so filin d story dat i fil lyk al activities around d world stps until ur nxt update.so bad d world is goin 2 wait til friday 2 start wrkin again
Re: Secrets Of the gods by penzino(m): 7:48pm On Sep 25, 2013
Frankenstein ma man... I trust u will deliver so take ur time.... More Diesel to ur 6cylinder 600hp Engine.....
Re: Secrets Of the gods by FameG(f): 8:14pm On Sep 25, 2013
Frank travelling?. ok sha permission granted only if u promise 2 give us a powerpackd lenghty update.

I trust u
Re: Secrets Of the gods by Winnie1950(f): 8:57pm On Sep 25, 2013
Wow i don't know what to say uncle Frank I'm speechless
Re: Secrets Of the gods by Larrysky(f): 9:44pm On Sep 25, 2013
I just love this guy
Re: Secrets Of the gods by frank317: 10:49pm On Sep 25, 2013
My fone brower is low, i really feel the need to follow everyone.

@Larry-Sky, i love u too

Winnie, u are always my girl

Fame, its niCe having ur back.

@penzino, thank very much

Ollyfad, i will defiately update tomorrow

Amiable jay, the story is yet to beging, na introduction we still de.

Becketh, No a beauty like u is d bomb
I
vyluvie, i wished i have watched harry potter, i really want to say thank from the bottom of my heart

Damexx u are always my boss, we go soon yan sha

Princess, u are my princess, she u know

Cheripet thanks for the permisson, u are wonderful

Emperortj, i dont know who is rockin ur world, i have a feelin i can do better

Zinylizzy, ur beauty is radiating my thread, thanks

Mynd, stop passin by and Hold it there
Re: Secrets Of the gods by frank317: 11:03pm On Sep 25, 2013
Once again thanks ya all for followin and Commentin on my thread, ur comments are the motivation i need to finish the story and Make it much more interestin.

Pls i urge every one to hang on as we are yet to touch the core of the story. I will definately update tomorrow bt will not update on friday and Weekend.

I also urge any one who had read my other stories which all made it to the front page to nomiate them at the literature nomination thread. That is if u think they deserve an award. Thanks
Re: Secrets Of the gods by JeffreyJamez(m): 11:21pm On Sep 25, 2013
But for ROGERs in 10th Generation and GHAOUL who brutal pass?....me thinks ROGERS is more Brutal and cooler..lols.....

Oga Frank, you and this your Villains sha......your Imagination is really wild....I remain your loyal servant..lol
Re: Secrets Of the gods by MightyFortress: 11:26pm On Sep 25, 2013
Frank, U're special! I've been a silent follower of your work for some time now, but I must confess you're good. Being a good storyteller and a good writer are two different things, yet you have this magical way of being able to combine both qualities.. A sure mark of someone special. Keep it up, man. We're hooked. I hope I'll be able to write anything, someday, so u can read 4rm dose u've inspired and influenced. As 4 ur works, The Lost Key and 10th Generation deserve awards.
Re: Secrets Of the gods by MightyFortress: 11:29pm On Sep 25, 2013
On a lighter note, One day, pls write a crazy horror story where Roger of 10th Gen and Ghaoul jam each other. Make dem fight. I wan know who go win! My bets are on Roger!
Re: Secrets Of the gods by iebanehita(m): 12:02am On Sep 26, 2013
frank3.16:

I also urge any one who had read my other stories which all made it to the front page to nomiate them at the literature nomination thread. That is if u think they deserve an award. Thanks

Truth be told.
If your story does not deserve an award, no other story deserves it. Except they want to rig it.

You already have my vote!
Re: Secrets Of the gods by JeffreyJamez(m): 12:11am On Sep 26, 2013
Mighty Fortress: On a lighter note, One day, pls write a crazy horror story where Roger of 10th Gen and Ghaoul jam each other. Make dem fight. I wan know who go win! My bets are on Roger!

Bro...you read my mind......I mean with Rogers and the Body Ripping and shii...Ghaoul won't stand a chance!!!

#MortalCombatTinz
Re: Secrets Of the gods by Winnie1950(f): 8:25am On Sep 26, 2013
smiley thanks alot for acknowledging me you know when a writer acknowledges his reader it makes them feel like they are special to him just as much as he is special to them
Re: Secrets Of the gods by Cestmoi1(f): 8:44am On Sep 26, 2013
I'm jealous of u,Frank.Wish i can write like this.Thanks for d update....I like it cos it's very niceeeee.
Re: Secrets Of the gods by MightyFortress: 9:33am On Sep 26, 2013
JeffreyJamez:

Bro...you read my mind......I mean with Rogers and the Body Ripping and shii...Ghaoul won't stand a chance!!!

#MortalCombatTinz

toh.. Oga Frank, U don see am, abi? Other readers support me... Better start preparing another short epic as our Christmas gift once you finish this story!! its going to be mortal combat between Roger and Ghaoul!!! or Spartacus things, if you wish!!Let them fight for a calabash or sometin. let the bloodletting begin!!! click like if you are in support!

6 Likes

Re: Secrets Of the gods by Nobody: 11:40am On Sep 26, 2013
Oga frank, your writers don plan coup on ur head o, they want brutality and babality now o. We want was declared between the two horrors
Re: Secrets Of the gods by frank317: 12:07pm On Sep 26, 2013
C'est moi:
I'm jealous of u,Frank.Wish i can write like this.Thanks for d update....I like it cos it's very niceeeee.

thanks very much sweetheart... i know u can even do much better, just think it and u can do it

JeffreyJamez: But for ROGERs in 10th Generation and GHAOUL who brutal pass?....me thinks ROGERS is more Brutal and cooler..lols.....

Oga Frank, you and this your Villains sha......your Imagination is really wild....I remain your loyal servant..lol

thanks jeff... however, we cant judge ghaoul for now because we are yet to see what he can do
Re: Secrets Of the gods by frank317: 12:10pm On Sep 26, 2013
iebanehita:

Truth be told.
If your story does not deserve an award, no other story deserves it. Except they want to rig it.

You already have my vote!

thanks man, i have seen your hand work, i appreciate
Mighty Fortress: Frank, U're special! I've been a silent follower of your work for some time now, but I must confess you're good. Being a good storyteller and a good writer are two different things, yet you have this magical way of being able to combine both qualities.. A sure mark of someone special. Keep it up, man. We're hooked. I hope I'll be able to write anything, someday, so u can read 4rm dose u've inspired and influenced. As 4 ur works, The Lost Key and 10th Generation deserve awards.

i am glad to have to come out and comment, u have made my day. however i will be glad if u vote for me as it will go a long way i showing that my efforts are not wasted.
mean while, lets see, perhaps in the future, i could come up with something between rogers, nimrod, and ghaoul
Re: Secrets Of the gods by frank317: 12:12pm On Sep 26, 2013
The sun was gradually setting as Ekene sat in the reception of National Hospital in Central Area, Abuja. It was a cool evening which begs for sitting in the bar and listening to interesting Nigerian music while one chatted with friends.

As he waited for the doctors to finish attending to his friend, he couldn’t but wonder what really happened to Bola. He needed answers.
Who was after him? He prayed that nothing serious happens to his friend, if not he would be stranded here in Abuja. He also needed to know what was really happening so that he can be sure that going back to the house in Kubwa was safe.

He looked around the hospital once again. Its environment reeked of affluence despite the fact that it was a place for sad people.

That useless hospital at Kubwa was nothing compared to this, yet he had gotten better reception here than the hospital in Kubwa.

No wonder poor people die in dozens in this country; the hospitals within their reach treated them like animals rather than humans.

He recalled how his friend almost died in his hands earlier to day just because he had decided to patronize one of the hospitals within his reach right there in Kubwa.

He had abruptly pulled up the jeep in front of Kubwa General Hospital and jumped out of the driver’s side. He quickly opened the back door car and carried his friend out of the car. He didn’t even notice how heavy Bola was.

“Somebody help!” he had screamed as he approached the reception.

His presence in the hospital had already alerted everyone around the vicinity, but the nurses remained unperturbed.

It was very strange for the young man. How could they not show concern for his plight even upon seeing his friend covered in his own blood? He had to look around to ensure that he was really in a hospital.

“My friend is dying, can somebody do something?” he was looking at the nurse receptionist opposite him.

She had looked at the bloody man in his arms like she was noticing him, “You have to buy card; I hope you have a police report with you?”

Ekene almost dropped his friend and give the lady a punch. “Why don’t you save his life first, all those things will definitely be provided.” He pleaded in anger.

“Noooo, I won’t even sell the card to you if you don’t have police report. It is not my fault; this is the rule guiding the hospital.”

Ekene looked around helplessly. He was hoping he could see a doctor and approach him for help. There was none at sight. The weight of his friend was beginning to tell on his arms. He obviously wouldn’t be able to carry Bola for long.

Then he thought he heard Bola moan. He looked at his friend in response to the moaning sound.

“Take me out of here. They will locate me here. Take me to town, somewhere far away from Kubwa.” Bola managed to say.

Quickly, Ekene carried him back to the car as he wondered who Bola was talking about. He also wondered how he was going to locate a good hospital in town, besides wouldn’t they ask for police report? All these thoughts ran though his head as he managed to drop his friend in the car. The door was still as opened as he had left it earlier when he was bringing his friend out of the car.

The security man at the gate approached him as he was about to hop into the jeep.

“I will advice you to take your friend to National Hospital in central Area. There they will not follow all these unnecessary protocols because they know they could easily be sued by all those rich men in town.” The middle aged security man felt strong sympathy for Ekene.

“Please how do I locate the hospital? I am new in town.” Ekene asked as he took a glance at Bola. He was glad Bola was holding on strong.
He security man looked around him, “talk to one of these taxi drivers outside the gate. If you pay them, they will lead you to the hospital. All you will do is just to follow behind.”

“Okay, please inform them while I drive towards the gate.” With that Ekene got into the car and began to drive out of the hospital compound.

Before he got to the gate, the security had already informed one of the taxi drivers outside and the cab man was already in his car and beckoning unto him to follow him.

He had got to the hospital, paid off the cab man and ensured that Bola was successfully admitted. He liked the way doctors and nurses here handled him. He was sure that Bola was in good hands.

After he was rushed to the emergency room, one of the doctors walked up to him.

“Are you his brother?” the young doctor asked. He should be about the same age with Ekene.

“No, he is a friend.”

“So what happened to him? Was he involved in a fight?”

“I honestly don’t know, he came crashing into the house while I was watching telly. I haven’t even gotten the chance to ask him what actually happened.”

“Okay, will talk to him when he becomes conscious. If we will need to involve the police we will let you know. Meanwhile just stick around…” he handed a piece of paper to Ekene, “please pay the sum of three thousand naira to the cashier for his admission, then pay extra two thousand for these things.” He pointed to the paper as he spoke. “We will need them in cleaning up his wounds and the drugs will be needed to relieve his pains.”

“Alright, thank you.” He began to walk towards the direction the doctor had pointed. He had seen three thousand five hundred naira in Bola’s pocket and taken it. At least with the amount he had, treatment could commence.

Now as the evening drew closer, he still sat alone in the reception while he waited for the doctors to come talk to him. He had been earlier informed by the same doctor that Bola was still unconscious but asked Ekene to stick around for more information.

Tired of sitting in the reception, Ekene decided to take a stroll around the hospital. He got to a recreational space in the hospital where patients and care takers hung out. He decided to seat on one of the empty slab that served as seat for people.

He had always hated the hospital. Thank God he wasn’t the type that easily fell sick. A doctor had once told his mother that he had strong immune system; that was true because he could go for two years without ever complaining of headache.

He looked around him. This was sure one of the saddest places in the world.

He noticed a neatly dressed young girl sitting alone on one of the slabs. Something about her composure caught his attention, so he stared harder.

She acted like a robot while she held unto something wrapped in a piece of cloth.

Ekene wasn’t sure this girl was aware of her environment. He guessed that she should be about 15 years and couldn’t help wonder what was wrong with her. She had been immobile since he had been staring, looking into space and holding unto her object.

What was that she was holding? Curiosity got him wondering.

A man walked up to her, said something to her and left with a tired and helpless look. Ekene was sure the man was a cop even though he was on mufti. The way he acted and the bulge on his waist said it all.

Then a pretty more matured girl walked up to her and sat down beside her.

Who was this girl? Why was she treated like an important personality? Perhaps she was one of these rich men’s daughters.
But for a second his attention focused on the new decently dressed lady.

She was pretty. Very pretty.

Something about her made Ekene want to forget about all his life problem; she actually looked like a problem solver.
He liked the way she approached the immobile girl, touched her shoulder and continued to make conversation like she was sure the girl could hear her.

He liked her.

He had been so engrossed with his life problems that he had unconsciously distanced himself from the opposite sex. This girl had just reignited that consciousness. Watching her at the moment had just made him realize what he had been missing.

He watch the older girl make attempt to take the wrapped object the girl was holding, but the little girl held unto it and pulled her hand away. Ekene was quick to notice a distressed look on the girl he was suddenly attracted to. Something about the younger girl was making her worried.

Then a nurse walked up to them, she said something to them and was allowed by the older girl to take her into the building. The little girl allowed herself to be led into the building by the nurse while the other girl sat helplessly and rubbing her head in a worried way. She really looked distressed.

Suddenly, Ekene stood up and gently walked up to her forgetting his own problems at the moment. He also forgot how unkempt he looked. Besides, he felt he needed to talk to somebody at the moment. Perhaps an insight into other people’s problem could help lighten his own burden.

In the bid to make himself look a little presentable, he took off his blood stained shirt, revealing a body hugged while t-shirt he wore inside. Then he tied his shirt to his waist.

“Hi,” he said to her once he got to her location.

Her face was bowed down and she suddenly looked up displaying a very pleasant face. She also looked tired.

‘Hi,” she replied, wondering what he wanted or who he was. After sizing him, she thought he could be someone in need of help, such people are often seen around hospitals.

“My name is Ekene and I was watching you try to talk to the little girl. Is she your sister?”

“Oh!” she didn’t know when the exclamation escaped her lips. She was actually surprised at how smooth he talked. A closer look this time around revealed that he was good looking despite his tired looks and roughened cloths. “No she is not my sister… are you a patient?”

He sat down beside her. “No, I brought a wounded friend.” He sighed as he relaxed. He suddenly remembered he had not eaten anything since morning as his stomach rumbled. He hoped she did not hear the sound of his rumbling stomach.

“You look tied,” she said.

“Ya, you too,” he replied and suddenly smiled as their eyes locked together for a moment.

The smile made him look more handsome than she had noticed. It revealed a fine set of dentition with a gap between the two middle upper front teeth.

“I noticed your frustration when you were trying to talk to the little girl. I couldn’t help but wonder what was wrong with her.”

“Let’s just say I am a guardian for now, but I can’t really talk about her problems. Sorry.”

At least she apologized and was not being rude to him he thought. But he remained silent and gazed towards the entrance of the hospital. He sighed again as the thought of Bola came to his mind. Everything was going fine this morning before his friend got himself injured.

She suddenly felt concerned for him. He looked sad; perhaps she could help “I am Sandra,”

He looked at her and nodded, “I just pray that my friend survives this. I don’t know what I will do if anything bad happens to him.”

“Was he involved in a fight or some kind of accident?”

Before he could reply, the same doctor that had been communicating with him came out of the building entrance and stopped just as he noticed Ekene.

“Are you still here?” the doctor called out

“I have not yet heard anything about my friend. I was waiting for you.” Ekene replied.

“Well, since you have been here all day, why don’t you take a break and go home. He is still in critical condition and I doubt if he can regain consciousness today. He lost a lot of blood so… just go home and take a rest.”

Ekene didn’t reply as the doctor walked away from them.

“I am hungry, can I buy dinner?” she said.

It was an unexpected request. He looked at her kind pretty face. Before he could say anything, she had already stood up. “Let’s go.”
He followed her.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Secrets Of the gods by frank317: 12:15pm On Sep 26, 2013
“So what happened to your friend?” she asked before she swallowed a ball of molded garri. She had ordered a plate of garri with vegetable soup and he did the same.

He had taken his time to observe her as the walked towards the hospital restaurant which she was obviously familiar with. Her height stopped at his neck region and she was just a little bit lighter than him in complexion. She walked with a confidence that couldn’t make him tell her age and there was an aura of seriousness that surrounded her and he was sure any observer would quickly think she was a professional in whatever profession she was into.

She was young and acted independent.

As they ate he continued to covertly observe her. She wore very light make up and her eyes were very white and egg shaped. Her eye brows were very dark, small pointed nose and thick lips but small mouth.

“I really don’t know, he came back home from wherever he went this morning covered in his blood. I don’t have any idea of what happened to him. The worst part is that he had been unconscious since then.” He replied.

“Do you think he was involved in something dangerous?” she probed.

“I really don’t know… I am new in town and don’t have much knowledge on what he does. I don’t know what to think.”

“So why did you have to come into town? A job? Business?” she really didn’t know why she was inquisitive, perhaps because this was the first time she was hanging out with a likeable man in a long while, a likeable man in distress. With him she could express herself as a helper and a friend, she thought. And that was the best way she loved living her life.

“I am on Job hunt. I came from Lagos where I have been searching for a good job for two years. My friend insisted I join him so I did, since Lagos was not favouring me.” He replied, surprised at his honesty to this strange girl.

“Two years?” she almost exclaimed. Life must be hell for him, she thought, “What course did you study.”

“Economics, you?”

“Oh, I am a school drop out,” she said without giving her words a thought.

He couldn’t believe his ears, how could this professional looking lady be a drop out? “Do you mean you dropped out of school?”

She smiled, she liked the genuine surprise on his face, “Yes, I got fed up with school when I was in two hundred level. I found out that school wouldn’t make me be what I want to be in life. I realized I was just wasting my time; I could achieve what I wanted without really wasting my four years here. So I quite and followed my dreams.”

Ekene felt challenged. Did he even have a dream? He didn’t even know why he decided to study economics.

“You see, I have always wanted to run a Non Governmental Organization where I would help the weak and oppressed. I didn’t see how school was going to help me achieve that. I was just twenty two and confused, but because of my difficult childhood experience, I couldn’t allow myself to fail. I also realized that the earlier I started, the better. Well here I am two years late, doing what I have always dreamt of doing. I feel fulfilled.”

Now this was a girl I wouldn’t be able to stop myself from falling in love with, Ekene thought. He had never seen any Nigerian girl speak this way. All the girls he’d met in the past were always like, ‘I want to fall in love with a rich man who can buy me precious gifts and take good care of me’, ‘I wouldn’t date you if you have nothing to offer, I need a man with a bright future at least’, None had ever spoken to him about something they were passionate about. He had come to believe that women see their future in the future of the man they would love to date or marry, but this girl was different. “So how did you eventually achieve your dreams?” he asked.

“It wasn’t an easy journey especially being a woman, but I couldn’t allow anything to deter me, then fate led me to kind Chief Uzor. He is a multi millionaire and a philanthropist. Seeing him wasn’t easy, but when I finally met him, he bought into my dreams and gave me all the money I needed. It was like a miracle. The man must be God sent. Imagine giving so much money to a total stranger without asking for anything in return. Well, that was how I started the foundation, ‘Society for Woman and Children’. Trust me, the work is fulfilling and we have helped so many women and children.”

Ekene couldn’t help but wonder what she had gone through in life that made her insist on having this foundation at all cost. Now he understood how she was connected to the little girl he saw with her earlier on.

They ate in silence for a while.

“So do you still think you can go home even though you don’t know if you are safe?” she suddenly asked.

He was already through with eating and washing his hands, “I am not afraid of any danger. I can always take care of myself.” He said with much less care and then he changed the subject as he noticed her give him a hard look, “Can you let me meet that little girl… I mean the one you…”

“Why do you want to meet her?” she cut in.

“I don’t know… curiosity, while looking at her; I couldn’t understand why she behaved like that. She looked normal to me yet, she acted strange. I just want to meet her.” he muffled.

She was already through with her food, “well she lost her mother recently, so bare that in mind when you meet her.” She stood up paid for the food and led the way out of the restaurant. “Alright let’s go.”

He quickly followed her.

Ekene noticed that there were two cops at her door. He wondered what really happened to her.

A nurse was just coming out of the room as they were just about to enter the room.

Angela looked up at them as they entered, fixed his eyes on Ekene for a while and gently took off her face starring at the floor below.

Did I notice her making a shy face? Sandra thought to herself. She gave a sudden look at Ekene. He was actually good looking with strong arms and legs. She liked the way he stood firm on the ground with broad shoulders that most women would love to be held in. The hair on his head was far behind his forehead, like he was developing a bald head, but it even made him look cute. He had strong jaws, a perfectly shaped nose and broad thick lips.

“Her name is Angela,” she whispered to him nudging him to talk to her upon noticing a slight change in the little girl’s expression when he entered.

“Hi Angela,” he said and sat beside her. She still held unto the wrapped object.

Then she raised her head and gently looked at him.

Sandra noticed that her face, though expressionless, was not as blank as they had been all these while.

“How are you?” he asked with a gentle smile, “Don’t ever worry, everything is going to be okay. You will be fine.”

Angela continued to stare at him like she was actually listening.

Ekene’s presence was uplifting her spirit. It was like a miracle. Sandra was very happy to notice this.

But Ekene didn’t have any idea there was anything different in her expression. Soon he stood up to leave. “Have a nice sleep, I will see you tomorrow.”

Together he left the room with Sandra.

“Wow, you guys connected just fine.” Sandra said excitedly.

“How do you mean?” Ekene asked.

“Didn’t you notice how her face lightened when you spoke to her?”

“No, I didn’t notice anything.”

“Mnn well, please try and come around tomorrow when you come visiting your friend. I will like to observe the two of you again. We really need someone who can bring out the life in her once again.” She was excited.

“I will definitely come around.” He said. He wanted to ask Sandra what really happened to the poor girl but decided to let it go. “Thanks for the meal,” he added.

“Take care of yourself and see you tomorrow.” She responded and gently turned around.

He watched her walk back into the room and turned around and headed for the exit of the hospital. He was sure going to see her tomorrow. She was worth seeing.

Once again, he hoped Bola will get better by morning, he really needed to know what was going on.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Secrets Of the gods by frank317: 12:16pm On Sep 26, 2013
Clifford knocked on Nana’s door and once she made attempt to open the door, he forcefully and impatiently pushed the door and walked inside. Nana was still trying to find her feet because of the push on the door when she finally noticed it was Clifford!

What was he doing here she thought. Why had the murderer, whom the police was after, come to her home?

Nana had met Clifford a year ago on one of those nights she was feeling lonely, broke and frustrated. She had lost her chance of staying with her rich distant relation when the woman had found out the she had been sleeping with her husband and stole from her. Nana was then forced to stay with a jobless friend she met on her first trip to Abuja. The girl was living in Lugbe.

Living with her jobless friend was hell because her friend was stingy, rude and dubious. So on the night she met Clifford she had taken a stroll out of the annoying house and decided to hang out in a bar hoping some guy would take buy her drinks. She didn’t intent to go home with whoever bought her drink rather she would promise the unfortunate man without any intent of returning any favour.

She had met Clifford instead and he wasn’t foolish enough to be played on. Clifford was hanging out with his two partners in crime; they had struck a deal that was successful.

Her association with Clifford which started that night transformed her completely. She became a drunk, marijuana addict and a petty thief. Clifford thought her the necessity of stealing from any man she hung out with for whatever purpose.

She also became Clifford’s bed mate. He would run to her whenever he was angry with his wife or was having problems at home.

But in recent times, Clifford became disrespectful and abusive. She began to get fed up, besides she needed a man of her own. She was almost thirty and was yet to have a meaningful relationship. So she decided to finally break up with the rude and uncouth man.

Clifford had accepted he lost her and stopped visiting her, so she was surprised to see him this evening, after two months. Worst still, on a day she had heard the horrific news about him.

“I am hungry,” the older man bawled carelessly.

“Clifford! What are you doing here? The police are looking for you.” She frightfully said.

“Who cares about the police, I said I am hungry.” He walked up to her, held her by the wrist and dragged her into the small kitchen. It was a one bedroom flat but the rooms were quite small.

Once they got to the kitchen, he pushed her away from him and began to search the soot stained pots.

He was acting like a mad man and Nana knew that her life might be in danger if she didn’t control the situation; she must be careful.
“I have a pot of porridge yam in the pot close to the stove.” She said, trying to control her fears.

Clifford had already opened the pot and was ready to start eating. He carried the pot into the small sitting room and dropped it on the seat. He didn’t care that the soot stained the seat.

She watched him eat like a mad man and wondered if she should just run away while his mind was on the food.

Like he heard her thought, he raised his head up and said, “Don’t even think about going anywhere.” Then got back to eating.

“Wouldn’t you like to have fun with her this night? You could try out some new violent skills with her.” Ghaoul’s voice spoke in his head.
Clifford suddenly looked up at her and smiled. The suggestion was delightful.

Nana thought she saw a cloud of smoke appear and disappear in her eyes as fear gripped her. Why was he smiling? What was wrong with Clifford?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Secrets Of the gods by frank317: 12:16pm On Sep 26, 2013
That night, while Inspector Lucky and Rotimi were worriedly trying to find sleep on their beds in their separate home, Chief Uzor was sitting in his sitting room.

He was both worried and confused. Something strange was happening.

He just really needed to see that writer. He trusted that the journalist will help locate the writer. First thing tomorrow morning, once Rotimi sends his account number to him, he will wire in enough money that would pay for his flight ticket through and fro any part of the country. Even if the writer was out of this country, he must definitely be located.

Rotimi had said the writer claimed he was in Uyo. Well, he hoped so and he hoped this wasn’t all a joke. How could it be a joke? The writer has opened a can of worms; it wasn’t something he should over look.

Another thing that worried him was the possibility that his life could be in danger. Could this be a writer of doom? Could this evil smoke locate them and kill them all? Why? He just wondered where that evil Clifford was right now.

His daughter would be coming back tomorrow, he just hoped that nothing life threatening would happen. He hoped nobody’s life would be in danger.

The writer had said that Edna was dead and Ekene was her son. That was a very sad news but why did he have a strong feeling that he might somehow be connected with Ekene. He really needed to see the young boy.

Soon he slept off? That night he dreamt of Edna… the once love of his life.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Secrets Of the gods by frank317: 12:17pm On Sep 26, 2013
have fun guys, have a lovely weekend. catch ya on monday

pls comment and tell me nice words if u think i deserve it
Re: Secrets Of the gods by Melancholy(m): 1:57pm On Sep 26, 2013
Hmm...frank, ur head dey there
Re: Secrets Of the gods by Kslib(m): 2:08pm On Sep 26, 2013
Nice mehn!!!
@frank,you be Rogers,when it comes to writing grin..lol..
You too much..
All izz well!
Re: Secrets Of the gods by Cestmoi1(f): 2:17pm On Sep 26, 2013
Im loving the turn out of events.Thanks for the update,Frank.
Re: Secrets Of the gods by zenie(f): 4:17pm On Sep 26, 2013
Hey Frank classic story u got here...love your writing technique,u are one of a kind. Really appreciate your talent kiss
Re: Secrets Of the gods by Marcela04: 4:34pm On Sep 26, 2013
Is kind of funny dt i just saw ur story & i do login at least trice a day on nairaland literature section. Dt means have been missing alot. Have nt read d story bt i know it ll be 1der & interesting like others. BRAVO 2 Frank, well done.
Re: Secrets Of the gods by JeffreyJamez(m): 4:45pm On Sep 26, 2013
Can't wait to see how all this characters will connect!!!!
Re: Secrets Of the gods by Cheriepet: 4:53pm On Sep 26, 2013
Frank u did a gud job xcept for d misplace n misspelt words like

bulge for badge
while shirt for white shirt
tied for tired

but all in all it is a wondaful update.

bia Frank let forget dis ur bloodthirsty story u are a romantic at heart n it made u put ur characters in d other side of humanity.

c ya on monday

have a safe trip....
Re: Secrets Of the gods by Becketh(f): 9:51pm On Sep 26, 2013
superb!!!,

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (40) (Reply)

A Broken Destiny: The Sword Of Vengeance / The Naughty Sisters / Shadows Of The Green

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.