Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,048 members, 7,863,726 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 02:22 AM

An Exclusive Interview With Pope Francis - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / An Exclusive Interview With Pope Francis (19764 Views)

St. Pope John Paul Ii’s Ghost Caught In Camera With Pope Francis, / I Am A Babalawo - An Exclusive Interview With Prof. Wande Abimbola / Official Translation Of The Interview With Pope Francis On Gays (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: An Exclusive Interview With Pope Francis by italo: 12:16pm On Sep 28, 2013
elampiro:

You call him satan, not anyone else. What every other person is doing is pointing out or exposing the errors in Pope Francis statements. If not curb, should it continue it will be disastrous.

Pointing out the "errors" in false "quotes" and misquotes of his...with false quotes of other people.

Pope Francis isnt satan's agent anymore?
Re: An Exclusive Interview With Pope Francis by italo: 12:21pm On Sep 28, 2013
elampiro:

Show me one single place I have misquoted Pope Francis? Show me any English version of his speech I have reported that is not same with what you will find in the Vatican website or Vatican news papers?

You are the one who refuses to see you are supporting errors.

Any time the Pope makes such serious controversial remarks, I must pick it up. The times are dangerous and we must be on the alert.

If I show you where you used false quotes and misquotes from false figures, will you shut up or will you go and bring up 10 more false quotes and misquotes from false figures?
Re: An Exclusive Interview With Pope Francis by elampiro(m): 12:30pm On Sep 28, 2013
italo:

If I show you where you used false quotes and misquotes from false figures, will you shut up or will you go and bring up 10 more false quotes and misquotes from false figures?

Vaican Radio;

Home > Church >  2013-06-15 12:57:19 

Pope: The Christian life proclaims the road to reconcilation with God

Vatican Radio) Christian life is not a spa therapy "to be at peace until Heaven," but it calls us to go out into the world to proclaim that Jesus "became the sinner" to reconcile men with the Father. These were Pope Francis’ words during his homily at Mass Saturday at the Casa Santa Martha.

The Christian life is not staying in a corner to carve a road which takes you into heaven, but it's a dynamic that encourages one to stay "on the road" to proclaim that Christ has reconciled us to God, by becoming sin for us. In his usual profound and direct way, Pope Francis focuses on a passage from the Letter to the Corinthians, from today's liturgy, in which St. Paul very insistent, almost "in a hurry", uses the term "reconciliation"five times.

"What is reconciliation? Taking one from this side, taking another one for that side and uniting them: no, that’s part of it but it's not it ... True reconciliation means that God in Christ took on our sins and He became the sinner for us. When we go to confession, for example, it isn’t that we say our sin and God forgives us. No, not that! We look for Jesus Christ and say: 'This is your sin, and I will sin again'. And Jesus likes that, because it was his mission: to become the sinner for us, to liberate us. "

It is the beauty and the "scandal" of the redemption brought by Jesus and it is also the "mystery, says Pope Francis, from which Paul draws" zeal "that spurs him to" move forward " telling everyone" something so wonderful "the love of a God" who gave up his Son to death for me. " Yet, explains Pope Francis, there is a risk of "never arriving at this truth" in the moment when "we 'devalue a little the Christian life", reducing it to a list of things to observe and thus losing the ardor, the force of the '"love that is inside" of it:

"But philosophers say that peace is a certain ordered tranquility: everything is tidy and quiet ... That is not the Christian peace! Christian peace is an uneasy peace, not a quiet peace: it is an uneasy peace, which goes on to carry this message of reconciliation. The Christian Peace pushes us to move forward. This is the beginning, the root of apostolic zeal. Apostolic zeal is not to go forward to persuade and make statistics: this year Christians in this country have grown, in this movement ... Statistics are good, they help, but that is not what God wants from us ,is to persuade... What the Lord wants from us is to announce this reconciliation, which is his own core message . "

Concluding his homily the Pope recalls the inner anxiety of Paul. Pope Francis underlines that which defines the "pillar" of Christian life, namely, that "Christ became sin for me! And my sins are there in his body, in his soul! This - says the Pope - it's crazy, but it's beautiful, it's true! This is the scandal of the Cross! "

"We ask the Lord to give us this concern to proclaim Jesus, to give us a bit of 'that Christian wisdom that was born from His pierced side of love. Just a little to convince us that the Christian life is not a spa therapy: to be at peace until Heaven ... No, the Christian life is the road in life with this concern of Paul. The love of Christ urges us on, it pushes us on, with this emotion that one feels when one sees that God loves us. We ask this grace. " Listen to Lydia O'Kane's report

http://en.radiovaticana.va/news/2013/06/15/pope:_the_christian_life_proclaims_the_road_to_reconcilation_with_god/en1-701813
Re: An Exclusive Interview With Pope Francis by elampiro(m): 12:33pm On Sep 28, 2013
italo:

Pointing out the "errors" in false "quotes" and misquotes of his...with false quotes of other people.

Pope Francis isnt satan's agent anymore?

Everything I have quoted about Pope Francis were on Vatican website and radio. See the above from the Vatican radio.

I did double check before I took them serious.
Re: An Exclusive Interview With Pope Francis by elampiro(m): 12:38pm On Sep 28, 2013
Directly from the Vatican Radio:

"What is reconciliation? Taking one from this side, taking another one for that side and uniting them: no, that’s part of it but it's not it ... True reconciliation means that God in Christ took on our sins and He became the sinner for us. When we go to confession, for example, it isn’t that we say our sin and God forgives us. No, not that! We look for Jesus Christ and say: 'This is your sin, and I will sin again'. And Jesus likes that, because it was his mission: to become the sinner for us, to liberate us. "

http://en.radiovaticana.va/news/2013/06/15/pope:_the_christian_life_proclaims_the_road_to_reconcilation_with_god/en1-701813

Now Italo, tell me if the above is different from what I have been writing? You decided to listen to lies defending the Pope. Spanish ko Italo nil
Re: An Exclusive Interview With Pope Francis by italo: 12:47pm On Sep 28, 2013
I am not interested in arguing with you...since I have identified you as a Pope Francis hater.

Nothing can convince you that Pope Francis is any good.

I'm only interested in knowing your belief and asking questions about it.

So Pope Francis is no more satan's agent...but you said he had an agenda.

What is this agenda?
Re: An Exclusive Interview With Pope Francis by Nursy(f): 1:02pm On Sep 28, 2013
elampiro:

So analyzing the Pope's comment is now a slander? If the Pope had not made unguided statements the media would be still. We were already used to them from time immemorial how they mock the Catholic church as too conservative, etc. It was better for the church. The church should be church and not circular.
ehmmm, thank you! We have heard you, he is an anti-christ. What is the name of the church you want to start? ϒ♡υ have gotten one member, we can start from there. 'HOL'
Re: An Exclusive Interview With Pope Francis by elampiro(m): 7:20pm On Sep 28, 2013
@Italo and Nursy, I am leaving this for now. We shall continue in the future.
Re: An Exclusive Interview With Pope Francis by Nursy(f): 8:46pm On Sep 28, 2013
elampiro: @Italo and Nursy, I am leaving this for now. We shall continue in the future.

I am very sure ϒ♡υ want to start a church, that is why ϒ♡υ are coming up with all these. Whether pope Francis is for real or not, that won't make me leave a place that makes me know the real existence of God. I wish ϒ♡υ luck in ur search for members!
Re: An Exclusive Interview With Pope Francis by Syncan(m): 9:31pm On Sep 28, 2013
elampiro:

2. Your number 2 above. This is not a matter of word against word. Why did the Argertina church or the bishops not counter deny the newspaper publication? Why did any Vatican official not clear the alleged Pope's remarks?

You still are missing some points about the homosexual remark. Did the CCC said we should not preach against homosexuality? How funny to hide under mercy to twist things. Mercy for the sinner, but preach to him/her.

That excommunication stuff was the handiwork of Benedict. Francis only used it as part of his weapon.

3. The excommunication was a work done under Benedict. The process of excommunication is a long one.

4. The Corth verse you quoted clearly stated that Jesus is One (He) without sin and had taken away the sins of the world by his death. But Pope Francis said we don't have to seek forgiveness when we go to confession. He said we should say ''Jesus here are your sins.... And we will sin again'' he continued that we are not asking for forgiveness because we are handing Jesus' sins back to Him. My friend this is blaspheme.

Compare the Pope's comment with what is in Corithians and you will notice the twist.

Bible said Jesus had no sin. Pope said we should not seek forgiveness of our sins because they are Jesus' sins. And we must state we will sin again. No remorse.

5. The scripture has no two meanings on sexual sins. It is clear. The teachings of the church is very clear too, but Pope Francis has refused to affirm the teachings of the church on sexual sins, instead he is watering it down.

6. In Pope John II 25 years reign only one thing you were able to bring out- he entered a mosque. And he did that just to help negotiate for tolerance for all chrisians in muslim world. He did not tell the atheist they are okay without Jesus. He was against sexual immorality. Has Pope Francis worked even for 1 years? Look at the controversies in just 6 months.

7. Vatican II was a preparatory ground for some of the errors we see today. This is another topic altogether. The smoke of satan has entered the church for some years now and it has been growing.

2. CNN said they could not verify what you claimed(and it is there in your link),what is the need refuting what is not there in the first place?

It is you who is getting things wrong. The CCC said the cause is yet unknown, how do you preach against a condition. What you preach against is the act, that's why he fought against the legalization of same sex marriage. He is doing the exact same thing you profess but do not practice.

3. I feel like having a good laugh here. He signed the excommunication of the priest, the priest is feeling bad against him, now you're claiming it is Benedict's hand work...so he completes what Benedict started and you still accuse him of working for the evil one. Which one the poor man go do to please you na?

4. The scripture i quoted is clear on its content, even if you feel odd quoting it correctly, it is still scripture. I have shown you the Spanish translation of his homily, which was given in Italia and not English, It was from the radio Vaticana too :

http://www.news.va/es/news/el-cristiano-no-piensa-en-su-paz-anuncia-la-de-cri

If those the Pope talked to understood it the way you do, you think it wont get more knocks than just your NL campaign? His message is clear, It is rare and deep theology and it is rooted in scriptures. The English translation is flawed and does not correspond to the others.

5. Pure lie. You have since refused to show me how he contradicted the CCC

6. I am not here to castigate any Pope just like you, I only brought it out to refute your claim that there was no perceived change of approach
Pope Francis has excommunicated a priest for supporting gay marriage, Pope Francis led the campaign against legalization of same sex marriage in Argentina, Pope Francis condemned gay lobbyists. Pope Francis calls on homosexuals to seek the Lord. He hates the Sin but Loves the Sinner. He came in the midst of controversies, the church was actually not having a good time, leading to the resignation of Benedict, He has borne the controversies in his shoulder, he was prepared for it.

7. Stay there and be castigating what you have no control over while people are making heaven. Mother Teresa, Pope JP II etc are Post Vatican II saints in the making. Continue seeing satan in everything.
Re: An Exclusive Interview With Pope Francis by Syncan(m): 9:40pm On Sep 28, 2013
elampiro:

I have not said he is not currently the shepherd. It is Italo who has been putting words in my mouth that I called Pope Francis an agent of satan. Scan through my writing whether you will see any of such statement. From the start I was focused on the Pope statements. I think I have the liberty to analyze these statements

I only copied everything thinking it was all from the Cardinal. I didn't take note that was a conclusion remark. Thanks for calling my attention to that.

You have not said he is not the shepherd? Good grief! So we should listen to the shepherd or not? I thought Benedict was the shepherd for you when you cast doubt on his election, you make me laugh.

Exactly what i have been hammering on, that you do not be blinded by doubts. Now you see that one of the pillars of your argument in this thread is not from the authentic source you thought it was. And what a damaging slander it was.
Re: An Exclusive Interview With Pope Francis by Syncan(m): 9:53pm On Sep 28, 2013
elampiro:

Hope you know there is a difference in condemning the sinner and condemning the sin?

I know exactly what I have been saying. It is you who am worried about.

First you needed me to show you that you've been quoting a blogger, when I did, you said it wasn't your first evidence and that I jumped in half way.

Secondly, you accused the Pope of not talking against the evil act, then I showed you quotes from your link where he condemned it and as well fought the government. You'll rather believe gossips from some individuals.

Thirdly, You called his statement blasphemy, when I showed you it was scriptural;you claimed wrong interpretation of the passage...by the Jesuit Pope.

Fourthly, You came out shouting the Vatican has disclaimed him; while using a statement you attested to Cardinal Burke, now I have shown you again that the Cardinal never made such a statement.

I can go on and on, but I'll let things be here, Please pray, pray, pray, I fear for you my friend.
Re: An Exclusive Interview With Pope Francis by Syncan(m): 9:57pm On Sep 28, 2013
elampiro: Directly from the Vatican Radio:

Now Italo, tell me if the above is different from what I have been writing? You decided to listen to lies defending the Pope. Spanish ko Italo nil

I publish no lies. The pope did not give the homily in English and cannot be held responsible for faulty translations. My link in Spanish is also from Radio Vaticana:
Re: An Exclusive Interview With Pope Francis by elampiro(m): 10:19pm On Sep 28, 2013
Syncan:

2. CNN said they could not verify what you claimed(and it is there in your link),what is the need refuting what is not there in the first place?

It is you who is getting things wrong. The CCC said the cause is yet unknown, how do you preach against a condition. What you preach against is the act, that's why he fought against the legalization of same sex marriage. He is doing the exact same thing you profess but do not practice.

3. I feel like having a good laugh here. He signed the excommunication of the priest, the priest is feeling bad against him, now you're claiming it is Benedict's hand work...so he completes what Benedict started and you still accuse him of working for the evil one. Which one the poor man go do to please you na?

4. The scripture i quoted is clear on its content, even if you feel odd quoting it correctly, it is still scripture. I have shown you the Spanish translation of his homily, which was given in Italia and not English, It was from the radio Vaticana too :

If those the Pope talked to understood it the way you do, you think it wont get more knocks than just your NL campaign? His message is clear, It is rare and deep theology and it is rooted in scriptures. The English translation is flawed and does not correspond to the others.

5. Pure lie. You have since refused to show me how he contradicted the CCC

6. I am not here to castigate any Pope just like you, I only brought it out to refute your claim that there was no perceived change of approach
Pope Francis has excommunicated a priest for supporting gay marriage, Pope Francis led the campaign against legalization of same sex marriage in Argentina, Pope Francis condemned gay lobbyists. Pope Francis calls on homosexuals to seek the Lord. He hates the Sin but Loves the Sinner. He came in the midst of controversies, the church was actually not having a good time, leading to the resignation of Benedict, He has borne the controversies in his shoulder, he was prepared for it.

7. Stay there and be castigating what you have no control over while people are making heaven. Mother Teresa, Pope JP II etc are Post Vatican II saints in the making. Continue seeing satan in everything.

1. CNN clearly quoted their sources which are friends and workers of Pope Francis. Did you expect him to have openly said he was in support of homosexuality? Don't be naive.

2. He completed what Benedict started so that he would been seen to be the same conservative Pope as Benedict. Even Judas did some great good works.

3. If you were not trying to mislead us why should you give us Spanish version of a speech given in Italy whereas the maker of the speech have produced it in English and other languages. I don't understand Spanish, so I won't know when you tell lies in it.

4. He contradicted the bible and the CCC? Did the bible and the CCC say we should speak or preach less of homosexuality?

5. I have told you, the future will soon throw up a lot of things. I hope you won't follow and defend lies or anti-gospel? I am not going to continue this endless argument with you because I know the future will soon speak for itself and we will meet again to discuss this things. The Catholic church as you know it will climb its Calvary and a good number will follow errors. Just watchout! The true Catholicism will have to go underground. It will be suppressed. I hope you will not be defending new age teachings just because you feel you have an obligation to defend the church?
Re: An Exclusive Interview With Pope Francis by elampiro(m): 10:23pm On Sep 28, 2013
Nursy: I am very sure ϒ♡υ want to start a church, that is why ϒ♡υ are coming up with all these. Whether pope Francis is for real or not, that won't make me leave a place that makes me know the real existence of God. I wish ϒ♡υ luck in ur search for members!

Do you read what I have been writing at all? If you have read it all and you have good knowledge of the Catholic church you won't write the way you just did.

We are together on nairaland, we will keep talking about future developments, then I will know where you stand.
Re: An Exclusive Interview With Pope Francis by Syncan(m): 10:50pm On Sep 28, 2013
elampiro:

1. CNN clearly quoted their sources which are friends and workers of Pope Francis. Did you expect him to have openly said he was in support of homosexuality? Don't be naive.

2. He completed what Benedict started so that he would been seen to be the same conservative Pope as Benedict. Even Judas did some great good works.

3. If you were not trying to mislead us why should you give us Spanish version of a speech given in Italy whereas the maker of the speech have produced it in English and other languages. I don't understand Spanish, so I won't know when you tell lies in it.

4. He contradicted the bible and the CCC? Did the bible and the CCC say we should speak or preach less of homosexuality?

5. I have told you, the future will soon throw up a lot of things. I hope you won't follow and defend lies or anti-gospel? I am not going to continue this endless argument with you because I know the future will soon speak for itself and we will meet again to discuss this things. The Catholic church as you know it will climb its Calvary and a good number will follow errors. Just watchout! The true Catholicism will have to go underground. It will be suppressed. I hope you will not be defending new age teachings just because you feel you have an obligation to defend the church?

1. CNN said it could not be verified, meaning that even they do not hold them in much credulity... But you, it became a canon for you. What the grapevine said he supports is now authentic to you, and what he supports openly is fake for you. I wonder the one you think the church is interested in, his secret thoughts or public actions.

2. What an impression you have of the one you call the shepherd...quite unfortunate, he is both the shepherd and the devils advocate for you.

3. I made sure i submitted the link to the poster who made that observation and his explanations. It wasn't mine and I referred you to where I got it from.... yet you accuse me of trying to mislead

4. Pope Francis has preached so much on homosexual acts, condemning it and fighting against it, even to risking his life. He is now the leader of the church, the mission giving to the church is not to go into the world and preach against homosexual, no, it is still "go into the world and spread the good news". Each time he is interviewed, it is homosexual this or homosexual that, for goodness sake, the shepherd have more than 1.8billion heterosexuals he needs to lead and numerous heterosexuals he needs to preach the good news to. Stop distracting him!

5. I am fully aware of all these prophecies, and I am also close to my scriptures. I am watching the times, but I will not cry wolf when there is none, nor accuse the shepherd of being the devil's advocate. I have confidence in the Power of Christ to watch over his flock, I will not castigate his Vicar for something that may be as a result of my ignorance. I hope you will not be too blinded to acknowledge the works of God through his vicar.
Re: An Exclusive Interview With Pope Francis by Syncan(m): 11:09pm On Sep 28, 2013
Despite all that the alarmists say,this is what wikipedia says of the Pope.

"Pope Francis has affirmed Catholic teachings on sexual morality. He said that while homosexual acts were sinful, the homosexual orientation was not. He favours a wider active role for women in the Church, but believes the ordination of women into the Catholic priesthood is impossible. In addition, Pope Francis said that it was necessary to listen to young people and admired their non-conformism. In general, he is seen as advocating a more merciful attitude than his predecessor".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pope_Francis

Viva Papa!
Re: An Exclusive Interview With Pope Francis by Nobody: 11:30pm On Sep 28, 2013
italo:

What Bible?

The one Jesus talked about or the one the Catholic Church compiled and canonized?

Which one?

wow? U mean the catholic church compiled and canonized the bible and thier doctrines are the opposite of the scriptures?

Seriously i know were u are going but am just soooo over such arguments. And am so sure there r alot of ppl in this section who will roll up thier sleeves and get down and dirty to banter words with u, but my dear,i stopped doing that yrs ago... I kow better now.

2timothy 3 vs 16- all scripture is breathed out by God....
2timothy 2 vs 23- have nothing to do with foolish ignorant controversies...
Re: An Exclusive Interview With Pope Francis by elampiro(m): 9:40am On Sep 29, 2013
Syncan:

1. CNN said it could not be verified, meaning that even they do not hold them in much credulity... But you, it became a canon for you. What the grapevine said he supports is now authentic to you, and what he supports openly is fake for you. I wonder the one you think the church is interested in, his secret thoughts or public actions.

2. What an impression you have of the one you call the shepherd...quite unfortunate, he is both the shepherd and the devils advocate for you.

3. I made sure i submitted the link to the poster who made that observation and his explanations. It wasn't mine and I referred you to where I got it from.... yet you accuse me of trying to mislead

4. Pope Francis has preached so much on homosexual acts, condemning it and fighting against it, even to risking his life. He is now the leader of the church, the mission giving to the church is not to go into the world and preach against homosexual, no, it is still "go into the world and spread the good news". Each time he is interviewed, it is homosexual this or homosexual that, for goodness sake, the shepherd have more than 1.8billion heterosexuals he needs to lead and numerous heterosexuals he needs to preach the good news to. Stop distracting him!

5. I am fully aware of all these prophecies, and I am also close to my scriptures. I am watching the times, but I will not cry wolf when there is none, nor accuse the shepherd of being the devil's advocate. I have confidence in the Power of Christ to watch over his flock, I will not castigate his Vicar for something that may be as a result of my ignorance. I hope you will not be too blinded to acknowledge the works of God through his vicar.

1. I will not engage in endless argument with you. Hope to see you again soon in the future when the Pope makes anti-scripture remark again.

2. If you say there is no cause for worry, you are only being over defending him. When the general public can sense danger and you are painting a picture of all is well, I guess you are already been misled by the diluted teachings going on. This diluted teachings which the CCC supported since Vatican II is what led to the widespread homosexual activities and abuse among the clergy. All in the act of mercy for the sinner, a lot of toxic has been mixed with the good Jesus handed over to us. Now look at the embarrassment to the Church.

3. I don't need any body's opinion or defence on what I saw clearly written in black and white on the Vatican website. The Pope's words should stand on their own, they don't require any one to redefine them. The Pope's words in the Vatican website are straight and direct. You and his defenders should stop twisting the words or trying to help him to be Pope.

...................................................................................

...........................................................................................................................

4. When Obama came in the very first time, I told people that he won't be good because the prophecies clearly told that he was coming to work against christian morals, people arguing with me then said he was the 'messiah'. Despite his early signs people felt he knew what he was doing. Now, fast forward 5 years after, Obama has single handledly boosted homosexuality, abortion, contraceptives (even in the high school), bestiality in the military, etc. He has got everything against christian teachings legalized. This was done all in the name of protecting human right (in another language, mercy). Now it is against the law in many places to refuse to cover the weddings of gays as a photographer or wedding planner.

Every twisting of the truth or watering it down should be uprooted from the start else it becomes too late. How naive people have become. "When the Son of Man returns, will He find faith on earth?" luke 18:8.
Re: An Exclusive Interview With Pope Francis by Syncan(m): 10:47am On Sep 29, 2013
elampiro:

1. I will not engage in endless argument with you. Hope to see you again soon in the future when the Pope makes anti-scripture remark again.

2. If you say there is no cause for worry, you are only being over defending him. When the general public can sense danger and you are painting a picture of all is well, I guess you are already been misled by the diluted teachings going on. This diluted teachings which the CCC supported since Vatican II is what led to the widespread homosexual activities and abuse among the clergy. All in the act of mercy for the sinner, a lot of toxic has been mixed with the good Jesus handed over to us. Now look at the embarrassment to the Church.

3. I don't need any body's opinion or defence on what I saw clearly written in black and white on the Vatican website. The Pope's words should stand on their own, they don't require any one to redefine them. The Pope's words in the Vatican website are straight and direct. You and his defenders should stop twisting the words or trying to help him to be Pope.

...................................................................................

...........................................................................................................................

4. When Obama came in the very first time, I told people that he won't be good because the prophecies clearly told that he was coming to work against christian morals, people arguing with me then said he was the 'messiah'. Despite his early signs people felt he knew what he was doing. Now, fast forward 5 years after, Obama has single handledly boosted homosexuality, abortion, contraceptives (even in the high school), bestiality in the military, etc. He has got everything against christian teachings legalized. This was done all in the name of protecting human right (in another language, mercy). Now it is against the law in many places to refuse to cover the weddings of gays as a photographer or wedding planner.

Every twisting of the truth or watering it down should be uprooted from the start else it becomes too late. How naive people have become. "When the Son of Man returns, will He find faith on earth?" luke 18:8.

1. I hope to continue to see you, it matters not if the topic was a "supposed" gaffe of the Pope, a confirmation from God, or an issue of enlightenment or clarification....or EPL cheesy

2. Just take another look at the bolded above in your speech, and see how close you are moving to schism. Now the Catechism of the Catholic Church (CCC), master minded by Pope John Paul II (who even you acclaimed earlier) is now in support of "Diluted teachings"? Just because I showed you that Pope Francis was not contradicting it. Please get your facts straight, when did those abuse scandals by some priests commence? Do not tie it to Vatican II please. I am one who believe that there are quite a number of rooms for abuse in Vatican II, but the fact that people abuse fashion does not make styling a bad Idea. People under Vatican II are going on to live saintly lives, it is God's grace that keeps them so, this grace is available to them even after Vatican II. Just try and be one of such.

3. When you see something you do not understand, seek a wider clarification. Jumping straight into condemnation is terrible, We see same problem with people who read the bible in English and interprets it on their own understanding. Sometimes, you need to go back to the original Language to draw proper inference. It is a known facts that words could lose their meaning during translations. The proper translation could go thus "This is yours,and I make you become sin again". compare to 2 cor 5:21 "For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin". He was talking scripture!

4. I do not like Obama with respect to morals, but democrats have always been that way. However,please when did Obama become the President of America and how did he influence these nations below?

"Denmark was the first state to recognize a legal relationship for same-sex couples, establishing "registered partnerships" very much like marriage in 1989. In 2001, the Netherlands became the first nation in the world to grant same-sex marriages. Same-sex marriages are also granted and mutually recognized by Belgium (2003), Spain (2005), Canada (2005), South Africa (2006), Norway (2009), Sweden (2009), Portugal (2010), Iceland (2010), Argentina (2010), Denmark (2012), Brazil (2013), France (2013), Uruguay (2013) and New Zealand (2013)".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Same-sex_marriage

It is you who twist and turn at every angle, recognizing Pope Francis as the shepherd and yet accusing him of working for the devil. Claiming that Pope John Paul II was flawless, yet calling the CCC he masterminded; a support document for watered down teaching. Claiming to stand by scriptures yet when it comes from the mouth of the Pope; it becomes blasphemy. "And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it". Matt 16:18
Re: An Exclusive Interview With Pope Francis by elampiro(m): 11:14am On Sep 29, 2013
Keep on defending deceits and anti-bible new age teachings.

The following clearly exposed you.

(A) You deny the Vatican English translation of the Popes. Words.

(B) You produce another version interpreted by a non authority of the church. So tell me, for Popes statements, where should the faithful go for authenticity? Circular newspaper or a blg or commentaries or the Vatican media? Let us know.

(C) The Pope has a whole 8 lines paragraph where he called Jesus a sinner, but you hid 7 and a half lines and only produce a twisted phrase.

(D) USA is like old Israel, the 'Jews people of God'. Ther nations may be wayward in their laws on morals, USA should preserve theirs. Same with the Catholic church from other churches. Destroy these two institutions with deceits, we have the Great Tribulation before us.

Finally, schism can't be avoided at this time. There will be abomination of desolation in the holy place and even the elect will be deceived. When the schism comes from the top, I will know whether you will keep defending lies and deceits.
Re: An Exclusive Interview With Pope Francis by Syncan(m): 12:58pm On Sep 29, 2013
elampiro: Keep on defending deceits and anti-bible new age teachings.

The following clearly exposed you.

(A) You deny the Vatican English translation of the Popes. Words.

(B) You produce another version interpreted by a non authority of the church. So tell me, for Popes statements, where should the faithful go for authenticity? Circular newspaper or a blg or commentaries or the Vatican media? Let us know.

(C) The Pope has a whole 8 lines paragraph where he called Jesus a sinner, but you hid 7 and a half lines and only produce a twisted phrase.

(D) USA is like old Israel, the 'Jews people of God'. Ther nations may be wayward in their laws on morals, USA should preserve theirs. Same with the Catholic church from other churches. Destroy these two institutions with deceits, we have the Great Tribulation before us.

Finally, schism can't be avoided at this time. There will be abomination of desolation in the holy place and even the elect will be deceived. When the schism comes from the top, I will know whether you will keep defending lies and deceits.

A. Yes even the bible translation is not free of errors, that's why I go a little further.

B. I produced the official spanish translation of the Popes word. You did right by reading the English version, but when you get confused, seek for enlightenment with an open mind, don't read seeking to find faults. What is the essence of those who read in other languges understanding him (as shown in my link) and you don't, its not his fault then.

C. I produced the entire article, but spambot hid it due to the volume of foreign laguage I guess, you may check out a hidden post earlier.

D. USA is just a world power( which several others had been), There is only one "Jews", their nation is Isreal.

Finally. Do not worry about me, my faith in God gives no room for panic. "...though I pass through the valley of the shadow of death, I fear no evil..." The shepherd will never abandon his flock. Schism is against the shepherd not from the shepherd. It is a grave error to schism.
Re: An Exclusive Interview With Pope Francis by elampiro(m): 5:24pm On Sep 29, 2013
Syncan:

A. Yes even the bible translation is not free of errors, that's why I go a little further.

B. I produced the official spanish translation of the Popes word. You did right by reading the English version, but when you get confused, seek for enlightenment with an open mind, don't read seeking to find faults. What is the essence of those who read in other languges understanding him (as shown in my link) and you don't, its not his fault then.

C. I produced the entire article, but spambot hid it due to the volume of foreign laguage I guess, you may check out a hidden post earlier.

D. USA is just a world power( which several others had been), There is only one "Jews", their nation is Isreal.

Finally. Do not worry about me, my faith in God gives no room for panic. "...though I pass through the valley of the shadow of death, I fear no evil..." The shepherd will never abandon his flock. Schism is against the shepherd not from the shepherd. It is a grave error to schism.

A. So are you saying the Vatican radio translation of the Pope's comments contains errors? Please clarify.

B. I don't understand Spanish, and how many nairalanders undersand Spanish that you decided to give us a Spanish version? How can I read a language I don't understand? Stop trying to confuse us with Spanish.

C. Why did you have to give us a Spanish version of a comment that the Vatican clearly gave us in English. So are yu saying the Vatican is misleading the entire English speaking world? If as you claim, the Vatican has mislead the English speaking world, then where is the perfection of the church?

You can see how Pope Francis is clearly causing confusion.

D. USA and Israel are inseparable. History shows tells a lot about them. God is also revealing today what special love He has for USA, and the enemy plan to ruin it just as the enemy wants to ruin the Catholic church.

E. Let me ask you another simple question. What is the teaching of the church regarding atheist going to heaven or hell?

F. When the 'shepherd' is out to cause confusion you will see the outcome. You are going to see the Cardinals reaction soon to all these.
Re: An Exclusive Interview With Pope Francis by italo: 5:42pm On Sep 29, 2013
@ Syncan, the man has made up his mind about Pope Francis...

...only, he seems incapable of saying what the Pope's agenda is.

Pope Francis will never please Elampiro. That is apparent.
Re: An Exclusive Interview With Pope Francis by Syncan(m): 6:22pm On Sep 29, 2013
elampiro:

Vaican Radio;

Home > Church >  2013-06-15 12:57:19 

Pope: The Christian life proclaims the road to reconcilation with God

Vatican Radio) Christian life is not a spa therapy "to be at peace until Heaven," but it calls us to go out into the world to proclaim that Jesus "became the sinner" to reconcile men with the Father. These were Pope Francis’ words during his homily at Mass Saturday at the Casa Santa Martha.

The Christian life is not staying in a corner to carve a road which takes you into heaven, but it's a dynamic that encourages one to stay "on the road" to proclaim that Christ has reconciled us to God, by becoming sin for us. In his usual profound and direct way, Pope Francis focuses on a passage from the Letter to the Corinthians, from today's liturgy, in which St. Paul very insistent, almost "in a hurry", uses the term "reconciliation"five times.

It is the beauty and the "scandal" of the redemption brought by Jesus and it is also the "mystery, says Pope Francis, from which Paul draws" zeal "that spurs him to" move forward " telling everyone" something so wonderful "the love of a God" who gave up his Son to death for me. " Yet, explains Pope Francis, there is a risk of "never arriving at this truth" in the moment when "we 'devalue a little the Christian life", reducing it to a list of things to observe and thus losing the ardor, the force of the '"love that is inside" of it:

"But philosophers say that peace is a certain ordered tranquility: everything is tidy and quiet ... That is not the Christian peace! Christian peace is an uneasy peace, not a quiet peace: it is an uneasy peace, which goes on to carry this message of reconciliation. The Christian Peace pushes us to move forward. This is the beginning, the root of apostolic zeal. Apostolic zeal is not to go forward to persuade and make statistics: this year Christians in this country have grown, in this movement ... Statistics are good, they help, but that is not what God wants from us ,is to persuade... What the Lord wants from us is to announce this reconciliation, which is his own core message . "

Concluding his homily the Pope recalls the inner anxiety of Paul. Pope Francis underlines that which defines the "pillar" of Christian life, namely, that "Christ became sin for me! And my sins are there in his body, in his soul! This - says the Pope - it's crazy, but it's beautiful, it's true! This is the scandal of the Cross! "

"We ask the Lord to give us this concern to proclaim Jesus, to give us a bit of 'that Christian wisdom that was born from His pierced side of love. Just a little to convince us that the Christian life is not a spa therapy: to be at peace until Heaven ... No, the Christian life is the road in life with this concern of Paul. The love of Christ urges us on, it pushes us on, with this emotion that one feels when one sees that God loves us. We ask this grace. " Listen to Lydia O'Kane's report

Just take a look at the bolded, it clearly states "Pope Francis focuses on a passage from the Letter to the Corinthians". Praise God! I never saw that before referring you to 2Cor 5:21. Now I see that it is clearly stated in your own post that he was talking scriptures, Alleluia!
Re: An Exclusive Interview With Pope Francis by Syncan(m): 6:47pm On Sep 29, 2013
elampiro:

A. So are you saying the Vatican radio translation of the Pope's comments contains errors? Please clarify.

B. I don't understand Spanish, and how many nairalanders undersand Spanish that you decided to give us a Spanish version? How can I read a language I don't understand? Stop trying to confuse us with Spanish.

C. Why did you have to give us a Spanish version of a comment that the Vatican clearly gave us in English. So are yu saying the Vatican is misleading the entire English speaking world? If as you claim, the Vatican has mislead the English speaking world, then where is the perfection of the church?

You can see how Pope Francis is clearly causing confusion.

D. USA and Israel are inseparable. History shows tells a lot about them. God is also revealing today what special love He has for USA, and the enemy plan to ruin it just as the enemy wants to ruin the Catholic church.

E. Let me ask you another simple question. What is the teaching of the church regarding atheist going to heaven or hell?

F. When the 'shepherd' is out to cause confusion you will see the outcome. You are going to see the Cardinals reaction soon to all these.

A. Having noticed the difference in other languages, and knowing the scripture passage he was talking on, I can without doubt tell you, that the English translation of the Pope's homily, did not come out correctly.

B. I gave you link, where it was explained by those who read it in other languages, If you fail to enlighten yourself but chose the destructive way of slander, na you know.

C. Perfection of the church? In translations by Vatican secretaries? Are you high on something or what. Does infallibility cover translations and typographical errors too? The message was translated in numerous languages, I trusted the shepherd not to teach so obvious an error, so i went for clarifications and found out that it was due to translations. You searched his homily for errors; and when the evil one showed you a mirage, you went to town shouting "I have found the devils advocate".

D. I wonder where you are getting all these from, so God loves Portugal, France or Nigeria less than USA? Israel is Israel, USA is USA.

E. The Catechism of the Catholic Church explains that "Since it rejects or denies the existence of God, atheism is a sin against the virtue of religion but the imputability of the offense can be significantly diminished in virtue of the intentions and the circumstances" (CCC#2125).
It will interest you to know that the church believes that God is capable of saving whosoever he wills. The "good thief" was promised paradise, he was not a believer, he was simply the "good thief", allow God decide to what end the "good atheist" comes to. Let him do good anyway.

F.The Shepherd does not cause confusion, it is the enemy that does that. Make up your mind who Pope Francis is, "the shepherd or the enemy" and stop confusing yourself. Pray Pray Pray, says the nuestra senhora de fatima
Re: An Exclusive Interview With Pope Francis by Syncan(m): 6:51pm On Sep 29, 2013
italo: @ Syncan, the man has made up his mind about Pope Francis...

...only, he seems incapable of saying what the Pope's agenda is.

Pope Francis will never please Elampiro. That is apparent.

Bros, I see that...I see that. It pains me. Mater Ecclesiae, ora pro nobis
Re: An Exclusive Interview With Pope Francis by italo: 7:12pm On Sep 29, 2013
Syncan:

Bros, I see that...I see that. It pains me. Mater Ecclesiae, ora pro nobis

Amen.
Re: An Exclusive Interview With Pope Francis by elampiro(m): 9:16pm On Sep 29, 2013
Syncan:

A. Having noticed the difference in other languages, and knowing the scripture passage he was talking on, I can without doubt tell you, that the English translation of the Pope's homily, did not come out correctly.

B. I gave you link, where it was explained by those who read it in other languages, If you fail to enlighten yourself but chose the destructive way of slander, na you know.

C. Perfection of the church? In translations by Vatican secretaries? Are you high on something or what. Does infallibility cover translations and typographical errors too? The message was translated in numerous languages, I trusted the shepherd not to teach so obvious an error, so i went for clarifications and found out that it was due to translations. You searched his homily for errors; and when the evil one showed you a mirage, you went to town shouting "I have found the devils advocate".

D. I wonder where you are getting all these from, so God loves Portugal, France or Nigeria less than USA? Israel is Israel, USA is USA.

E. The Catechism of the Catholic Church explains that "Since it rejects or denies the existence of God, atheism is a sin against the virtue of religion but the imputability of the offense can be significantly diminished in virtue of the intentions and the circumstances" (CCC#2125).
It will interest you to know that the church believes that God is capable of saving whosoever he wills. The "good thief" was promised paradise, he was not a believer, he was simply the "good thief", allow God decide to what end the "good atheist" comes to. Let him do good anyway.

F.The Shepherd does not cause confusion, it is the enemy that does that. Make up your mind who Pope Francis is, "the shepherd or the enemy" and stop confusing yourself. Pray Pray Pray, says the nuestra senhora de fatima

A. If you stand on the ground that the Vatican translation of the Pope's message to the world is wrong, then you have just finished the church (institution). What is the English speaking world meant to believe again. You are putting a dent on everything in English that has ever come out of the Vatican, including the bible. Watch your lies, they can cause a great harm.

B. I don't need any link modifying the Pope's words just as you guys accused the circular papers. The Vatican news has ever been the authentic source. If anyone is misled, the Vatican should be held responsible. So don't threaten me. You do not love the church more than I do.

C. Now see the new defence 'Vatican secretary'. That translation corroborated hundreds of such released on same day together with those from catholic conservative and liberal websites.
The world do not know any secretary but the Vatican. You are reducing the church to an institution of incompetence.

D. Go and read the history of USA and their founding fathers.

E. The offence can only be diminished if the atheist doesn't outrightly reject God. But Pope Francis wrote to a renowned professed atheist who knows the church and her teachings but decided to promote completely contradicting teachings about existence of God, and the Pope assured him he was saved if he follows his conscience to do good. Haba!

F. You will soon understand something about this shepherd stuff. When you see the cardinals take action in the future, you will know which is the schismatic church or true catholic church. You will be left with a choice whether to follow errors or truth.

**** Pope Francis said atheist are saved if they do good. In another letter he said atheist are saved if they follow their conscience.

The above is different from the CCC which says (some) atheists can be saved depending on the circumstance. Note the difference. The Pope is telling them to just do good and they are saved. What is the definition of good? In accordance to the atheist conscience. I guess like sponsoring abortion and sharing free contraceptives.
Re: An Exclusive Interview With Pope Francis by elampiro(m): 9:20pm On Sep 29, 2013
Syncan:

Just take a look at the bolded, it clearly states "Pope Francis focuses on a passage from the Letter to the Corinthians". Praise God! I never saw that before referring you to 2Cor 5:21. Now I see that it is clearly stated in your own post that he was talking scriptures, Alleluia!

All the fake pastors today also focus on certain verses of the scripture to mislead people from the truth.

Jesus clearly warned us against errors.
Re: An Exclusive Interview With Pope Francis by Ubenedictus(m): 10:41pm On Sep 29, 2013
elampiro:

I have read it now. The Pope was asked a simple question whether he supports homosexuality. Instead of aswering it directly, he did a maradonna. Also what does the Pope mean by the below statement? How can he say the church has disjointed doctrines? Everything the media said are inside this long article.

Has the church ever restricted her teachings to only abortion, gay and contraceptives? What! He is dancing to the circular world while rubbishing the church?

Pope Francis:
“We cannot insist only on issues related to abortion, gay marriage and the use of contraceptive methods. This is not possible. I have not spoken much about these things, and I was reprimanded for that. But when we speak about these issues, we have to talk about them in a context. The teaching of the church, for that matter, is clear and I am a son of the church, but it is not necessary to talk about these issues all the time.

“The dogmatic and moral teachings of the church are not all equivalent. The church’s pastoral ministry cannot be obsessed with the transmission of a disjointed multitude of doctrines to be imposed insistently.''
you should atleast try to attend mass in europe or america or at least read reports of homilys given then you will have an idea of his point

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Pastor Paul Adefarasin And Wife, Ifeanyi Celebrate 24th Wedding Anniversary / Why Do Christian Men Remove Their Cap In Church? / William Kumuyi Celebrates His 76th Birthday Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 170
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.