Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,318 members, 7,839,522 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 09:36 PM

An Exclusive Interview With Pope Francis - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / An Exclusive Interview With Pope Francis (19706 Views)

St. Pope John Paul Ii’s Ghost Caught In Camera With Pope Francis, / I Am A Babalawo - An Exclusive Interview With Prof. Wande Abimbola / Official Translation Of The Interview With Pope Francis On Gays (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: An Exclusive Interview With Pope Francis by shejane: 4:16pm On Sep 22, 2013
Am nt accusing anybody or church or supporting anybody or church
All I wat is 4 d will of God be done on earth as it is in heaven so dat he wil come nd heal our land

So many pple has said a lot of tins abt my pastor even here bt dis race is nt abt me nd my pastor bt me nd my God so mydear italo nd odas let dis race be u nd ur God nt u nd ur pope

Read matt 10:41-42
Re: An Exclusive Interview With Pope Francis by italo: 4:16pm On Sep 22, 2013
elampiro:

Too many countless unguided statements/deliberate errors.

What blood has he shed? Instead he is turning the church upside down.

What are you (Child of God) to do about this man you see as an agent of satan?
Re: An Exclusive Interview With Pope Francis by italo: 4:28pm On Sep 22, 2013
shejane:
Nd y do doctors ask 4 ur medical file or history b4 treating or prescribing drugs 2u? Y do doctors contact der patients former doctor b4 going on wt treatment?
D church is doing wot d pple wat now nd nt wot God wat

If u read ur bible well, God hate sins we commit wt our body nd dats y he continue 2 say dat our body is d temple of God

Killing is a sin bt fornication wada wt a man or woman is worst y? because dats his temple

So many places in bible talks abt adultery,fornication nd if God can destroy a city because of fornication nd homosexual my brother dat is d greatest sin eva

Let us go back 2 God nd do his will nd nt d will of pple because we wat multitude in our churches

Dear sister, it really amazes me that you think that young boy that committed homosexual acts yesterday has committed a worse sin than Osama bin Ladin.

1 Like

Re: An Exclusive Interview With Pope Francis by italo: 4:30pm On Sep 22, 2013
shejane: Am nt accusing anybody or church or supporting anybody or church
All I wat is 4 d will of God be done on earth as it is in heaven so dat he wil come nd heal our land

So many pple has said a lot of tins abt my pastor even here bt dis race is nt abt me nd my pastor bt me nd my God so mydear italo nd odas let dis race be u nd ur God nt u nd ur pope

Read matt 10:41-42

It is God that has given us the Church and the Pope. I know God makes no mistakes.
Re: An Exclusive Interview With Pope Francis by Noneroone(m): 4:42pm On Sep 22, 2013
italo:

The only place his statement suggests otherwise is inside the head of our mindless enemies.
oh! the pope is now an enemy to the catholic church. Tell me more...,
Re: An Exclusive Interview With Pope Francis by elampiro(m): 4:53pm On Sep 22, 2013
italo:

What are you (Child of God) to do about this man you see as an agent of satan?

From Jesus' chosen twelve, one betrayed him.

One who is suppose to uphold the gospel is twisting it.
Re: An Exclusive Interview With Pope Francis by italo: 5:33pm On Sep 22, 2013
Noneroone: oh! the pope is now an enemy to the catholic church. Tell me more...,

Please, let me save my energy for a worthwhile argument.

Thanks and God bless you.
Re: An Exclusive Interview With Pope Francis by italo: 5:35pm On Sep 22, 2013
elampiro:
From Jesus' chosen twelve, one betrayed him.

One who is suppose to uphold the gospel is twisting it.

I only asked what a child of God like you is supposed to do about this man you believe is an agent of satan.
Re: An Exclusive Interview With Pope Francis by Noneroone(m): 5:46pm On Sep 22, 2013
italo:

Please, let me save my energy for a worthwhile argument.

Thanks and God bless you.
Bye and remain blessed too.
Re: An Exclusive Interview With Pope Francis by Mariojane(f): 5:56pm On Sep 22, 2013
Noneroone: catholics once again accept my sympathy for the embarassment the pope is causing you people.
what is dis one saying? Atleast our pope is not using our money to buy private jet
Re: An Exclusive Interview With Pope Francis by Nursy(f): 8:30pm On Sep 22, 2013
winkWhen a critically sick person is brought to the hospital, the first thing the doctor does is to set line and start infusing to atleast help hydrate the patient. Same with the pope! He is like a doctor. I don't know why you people like looking out for faults in the catholic church.. Funny enough, it makes me love the church the more. Let God be the judge!
shejane:
Nd y do doctors ask 4 ur medical file or history b4 treating or prescribing drugs 2u? Y do doctors contact der patients former doctor b4 going on wt treatment?
D church is doing wot d pple wat now nd nt wot God wat

If u read ur bible well, God hate sins we commit wt our body nd dats y he continue 2 say dat our body is d temple of God

Killing is a sin bt fornication wada wt a man or woman is worst y? because dats his temple

So many places in bible talks abt adultery,fornication nd if God can destroy a city because of fornication nd homosexual my brother dat is d greatest sin eva

Let us go back 2 God nd do his will nd nt d will of pple because we wat multitude in our churches
Re: An Exclusive Interview With Pope Francis by Syncan(m): 10:42pm On Sep 22, 2013
Nursy: winkWhen a critically sick person is brought to the hospital, the first thing the doctor does is to set line and start infusing to atleast help hydrate the patient. Same with the pope! He is like a doctor. I don't know why you people like looking out for faults in the catholic church.. Funny enough, it makes me love the church the more. Let God be the judge!

Amen, Amen, "it is the sick that needs a physician...". " he left the ninety nine and went in search of the one...what joy in heaven when a sinner repents...".
Re: An Exclusive Interview With Pope Francis by SANdos: 11:13pm On Sep 22, 2013
Say the Pope na original no mean say we go forget wetin all those Fathers dem de do o! No yarn go that side at all cos na can of worms u go bring out.
colombiana: Catholic church again well am a proud catholic. At least I won't have to worry about my 1billion naira donation. Chai e funny sha when the ruler of the second richest organisation doesn't have a private jet. Well I knw if I park wrongly in my church I won't be brutalized. well I also knw my priest won't travel to UK to poke a member and promise her our church money and a higher level of grace ( hmmmn oboi that high level of gracious phuck na wa ooo)
Re: An Exclusive Interview With Pope Francis by Diogo1(m): 11:43pm On Sep 22, 2013
For those of us who are towing the line of international media, the Pope is simply saying that preaching the basic message of the gospel, telling the faithful about God's Love, Mercy and Saving Grace is more important than opposing gay rights, abortion etc. He has not approved of them but is simply implying that emphasis should be shifted to teaching and tending the flock to know God better.
Re: An Exclusive Interview With Pope Francis by italo: 5:27am On Sep 23, 2013
For Elampiro (and others like him) who sees Pope Francis as an agent of satan who has broken with the teachings of his predecessor, Benedict XVI.

Re: An Exclusive Interview With Pope Francis by elampiro(m): 7:44am On Sep 23, 2013
italo: For Elampiro (and others like him) who sees Pope Francis as an agent of satan who has broken with the teachings of his predecessor, Benedict XVI.

Pope Benedict openly and seriously condemned homosexual marriages and fornication (cohabitation without marriage)

Pope condemns gay marriage in speech to US bishops

Pope Benedict XVI on Friday condemned gay marriage in a speech to bishops from the United States after Maryland last week became the eighth US state to legalise same-sex unions.

Pope Benedict XVI, seen here on March 7, has condemned gay marriage in a speech to bishops from the United States after the US state of Maryland last week became the eighth in the nation to legalise same-sex unions.
"Sexual differences cannot be dismissed as irrelevant to the definition of marriage," the pope said, warning against "the powerful political and cultural currents seeking to alter the legal definition of marriage".

"Marriage and the family are institutions that must be promoted and defended from every possible misrepresentation of their true nature."

He also said bishops could not overlook "the serious pastoral problem presented by the widespread practice of cohabitation".

"The contemporary crisis of marriage and the family... has led to grave societal problems bearing an immense human and economic cost," he added.

Benedict XVI has frequently warned against liberal family values in veiled references to homosexual marriage and adoptions by gay couples, and the Catholic Church often condemns countries that recognise gay rights.

The pope's fears that the traditional family is at risk are likely to be the focal point of the World Meeting of Families 2012 in Italy in June.

From Europe to the United States and Mexico, gay rights groups pushing for marriage and child adoption reforms are winning growing support, marking a change in public opinion which worries the Vatican.

The issue has sparked heated exchanges between Church leaders and politicians.

Earlier this month, Britain's Cardinal Keith O'Brien told Prime Minister David Cameron that same-sex unions were "madness" and a "grotesque subversion of a universally accepted human right".

http://www.alternet.org/rss/breaking_news/830965/pope_condemns_gay_marriage_in_speech_to_us_bishops

2. Pope Benedict Takes Anti-Gay Marriage To New Level In Christmas Speech On Family Values

VATICAN CITY — The pope pressed his opposition to gay marriage Friday, denouncing what he described as people eschewing their God-given gender identities to suit their sexual choices – and destroying the very "essence of the human creature" in the process.

Benedict XVI made the comments in his annual Christmas address to the Vatican bureaucracy, one of his most important speeches of the year. He dedicated it this year to promoting traditional family values in the face of gains by same-sex marriage proponents in the U.S. and Europe and efforts to legalize gay marriage in places like France and Britain.

In his remarks, Benedict quoted the chief rabbi of France, Gilles Bernheim, in saying the campaign for granting gays the right to marry and adopt children was an "attack" on the traditional family made up of a father, mother and children.

"People dispute the idea that they have a nature, given to them by their bodily identity, that serves as a defining element of the human being," he said. "They deny their nature and decide that it is not something previously given to them, but that they make it for themselves."

"The manipulation of nature, which we deplore today where our environment is concerned, now becomes man's fundamental choice where he himself is concerned," he said.

It was the second time in a week that Benedict has taken on the question of gay marriage, which is currently dividing France, and which scored big electoral wins in the United States last month. In his recently released annual peace message, Benedict said gay marriage, like abortion and euthanasia, was a threat to world peace. The Vatican went on a similar anti-gay marriage media blitz last month after three U.S. states approved gay marriage by popular vote.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/12/21/pope-anti-gay-speech_n_2344870.html

This is how a Pope should speak, and not to dance around issues.
Re: An Exclusive Interview With Pope Francis by italo: 7:55am On Sep 23, 2013
Then he welcomes the agent of satan to the papacy.

Read again.

Re: An Exclusive Interview With Pope Francis by elampiro(m): 7:57am On Sep 23, 2013
italo: Then he welcomes the agent of satan to the papacy.

Read again.

They are using him. Pope Francis is not alone in this changes that are coming.
Re: An Exclusive Interview With Pope Francis by italo: 8:08am On Sep 23, 2013
elampiro:

They are using him. Pope Francis is not alone in this changes that are coming.

Lol...

Who is using Pope Francis? Pope Benedict XVI?

But you said he is a man of God.

Re: An Exclusive Interview With Pope Francis by elampiro(m): 8:16am On Sep 23, 2013
italo:

Lol...

Who is using Pope Francis? Pope Benedict XVI?

But you said he is a man of God.

Pope Francis and his cohort are using Benedict to appear to be genuine. Pope Francis is trying to hide under Benedict in his quest to push for acceptance of his agenda.

When he presents a pic of him and Benedict, people will say he has same agenda as his predecessor. But Francis agenda is different he is coming out gradually.
Re: An Exclusive Interview With Pope Francis by elampiro(m): 8:25am On Sep 23, 2013
I am logging off for now. Hope to return later in the day.
Re: An Exclusive Interview With Pope Francis by italo: 8:52am On Sep 23, 2013
elampiro:

Pope Francis and his cohort are using Benedict to appear to be genuine. Pope Francis is trying to hide under Benedict in his quest to push for acceptance of his agenda.

When he presents a pic of him and Benedict, people will say he has same agenda as his predecessor. But Francis agenda is different he is coming out gradually.

And Benedict the man of God allows himself to be used by the one you call agent of satan?
Re: An Exclusive Interview With Pope Francis by italo: 9:03am On Sep 23, 2013
elampiro:

But Francis agenda is different he is coming out gradually. [/color][/b]

What is Francis' agenda?
Re: An Exclusive Interview With Pope Francis by Nobody: 9:05am On Sep 23, 2013
Whats my business with what the pope condemns or accept when i hav my bible by my side and the holyspirit to guide and teach me.
The pope is just as human as i am.
The day a catholic decides to pick up his bible to read thru and thru....

1 Like

Re: An Exclusive Interview With Pope Francis by italo: 9:18am On Sep 23, 2013
Joavid: Whats my business with what the pope condemns or accept when i hav my bible by my side and the holyspirit to guide and teach me.

What Bible?

The one Jesus talked about or the one the Catholic Church compiled and canonized?

Which one?
Re: An Exclusive Interview With Pope Francis by Larrygr8t: 11:06am On Sep 23, 2013
homesteady: Blessed are those who read the whole article! Patience is their 2nd name! gringrin
true talk my brother
Re: An Exclusive Interview With Pope Francis by Enigma(m): 11:52am On Sep 23, 2013
italo:

What Bible?

The one Jesus talked about or the one the Catholic Church compiled and canonized?

Which one?

The "Bible" that the Roman Catholic Church "compiled and canonized" was the one they made at the canon Council of Trent in AD 1546. That one is their own Roman Catholic Bible. wink

Over 1000 years before then, Christians (note NOT Roman Catholics but Christians) had already compiled and canonised the Christian Bible. smiley
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Extract from one I made earlier https://www.nairaland.com/1447015/catholic-church-compiled-bible#18265482

1. The Roman Catholics did not finally decide on their own Bible until as late as the 16th century around AD 1546. Because it is an undeniable historical fact, the Roman Catholics sometimes gently admit this but try to twist other facts and things. smiley

See an example of Roman Catholics admitting with style style that their own Bible was only finalised as late as the 16th century.

The statement below is taken from them very own Roman Catholic Encyclopaedia. smiley

"The Canon of the New Testament, like that of the Old, is the result of a development, of a process at once stimulated by disputes with doubters, both within and without the Church, and retarded by certain obscurities and natural hesitations, and which did not reach its final term until the dogmatic definition of the Tridentine Council." {Note the "Tridentine Council" took place from AD 1546 onwards. smiley}

2. This second one is more important than when the Roman Catholics made their own Bible. The point here is that by the end of the first century approximately, the books of the Bible had already been written and were already being "compiled" --- by Christians. At this time there was no such thing as the Roman Catholic Church or even "The Catholic Church". What we had then was the Church of Christ or the Christian Church. smiley As an aside you may find it helpful to skim the Wikipedia entry on the Christian Church (well let's hope the Roman Catholics are not allowed to manipulate it beyond the pale with their propaganda).

This Christian Church is universal and thus catholic in that small 'c' sense meaning "universal". But the Christian Church had loooooooong been in existence before either the Roman Catholic Church or even "The Catholic Church". smiley

To further simplify things, here is a statement I made in one of my older posts:

From here https://www.nairaland.com/1104124/problem-catholism-an-introspection/20#15107836

We already had "the Bible" waaaaaaay before the 4th century; Christians who were mostly not Roman Catholics had already seen to that. smiley

cool
Re: An Exclusive Interview With Pope Francis by italo: 11:57am On Sep 23, 2013
@ Joavid, expecting your answer.
Re: An Exclusive Interview With Pope Francis by Enigma(m): 12:01pm On Sep 23, 2013
Joavid: Whats my business with what the pope condemns or accept when i hav my bible by my side and the holyspirit to guide and teach me.

Historically, their "popes" have always talked through their backsides; so, Christians should not consider themselves bound or necessarily even bothered about any nonsense fulminated by any "pope".

Even when Jesus said that no one comes to the Father except through Him, their "popes" have been still saying no one can obtain salvation unless s/he submits to their "pope".

Na those kind people pesin go take seriously? wink

smiley

1 Like

Re: An Exclusive Interview With Pope Francis by Nobody: 12:10pm On Sep 23, 2013
GAY POPE.
Why do the JESUITS always encourage homosexuality but forbids marriage?
Re: An Exclusive Interview With Pope Francis by kflexxy(m): 12:13pm On Sep 23, 2013
Let not judge one anoda. Leeve it to God
Re: An Exclusive Interview With Pope Francis by italo: 1:41pm On Sep 23, 2013
ariseandshine: GAY POPE.
Why do the JESUITS always encourage homosexuality but forbids marriage?

Why do the JESUITS always encourage homosexuality but forbids marriage IN YOUR HEAD?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Why Don't Pastors Preach About PAUPER'S TITHE As Prescribed By Scriptures? / Where Is Pastor Patrick Anwuzia Of Zoe Ministries Worldwide? / Religious violators list: We are disappointed Nigeria was delisted - USCIRF

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.