Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,495 members, 7,830,496 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:44 PM

Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) - Religion (82) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) (65099 Views)

The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) / The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) / Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) ... (96) (Go Down)

Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by Nobody: 6:23pm On Dec 20, 2013
Erm, first front page recommendation.

https://www.nairaland.com/1556026/please#20281160

Welcome Oga Mynd. May your days be longer than your predecessors. tongue
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by macof(m): 7:32pm On Dec 20, 2013
Oga Seun, pls We still need 2 more MODS on this section

I officially nominate Myself- Macof and Logicboy
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by lanaVello1(m): 8:14pm On Dec 20, 2013
macof: Oga Seun,pls We still need 2 more MODS on this section
I officially nominate Myself- Macof and Logicboy
y'all kip advocating 4 an atheist mod...since wen did atheism bcm a religion? smh,wat diff wud an atheist mod make?
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by Joshthefirst(m): 9:18pm On Dec 20, 2013
Logicboy is now claiming prophet. Wonders shall never end.

Congrats mynd. Don't allow anyone to intimidate you(I doubt you need this kind of advice though, we know how staunch you are. grin)
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by MEILYN(m): 10:53pm On Dec 20, 2013
we now have a very strict mod down here. Banned me on his first day for no gaddem reason. God help us, this is tyranny.
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by Mynd44: 4:08am On Dec 21, 2013
MEILYN: we now have a very strict mod down here. Banned me on his first day for no gaddem reason. God help us, this is tyranny.
No this is telling you to stick to what's right.
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by Nobody: 6:11am On Dec 21, 2013
Hi mynd,

I believe there is a need to have the present stickied 'non-Christian chatbox' replaced. It doesn't tell well of the section to have a stickied thread created by "no body".

If you choose to do something about it, I believe there will be a need to liaise with the thread owners (non-Christians) and get their views on how best to proceed with any replacement.

The way I see it, its either the thread is left as it is, the thread is replaced by a freshly created thread or the thread is replaced by a similar thread LB created sometime ago. Not sure if LB's thread was not deleted.

Anyways, you decide on what to do.
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by Mynd44: 6:22am On Dec 21, 2013
While I understand your point and agree with you that it does not look good, I have also come to discover that chat threads should really not be deleted or replaced as they hold loads of memories and lessons. Those threads are places where people familiarize and have been informal to one another hence hold some dear moments. Replacing it will not be good for memory. A lot of chats have gone down there, lessons learnt, mistakes found etc.

Besides, the thread by "nobody" is not really a bad thing, look at it this way, the thread belongs to nobody grin (that's me playing around).

1 Like

Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by MEILYN(m): 7:14am On Dec 21, 2013
Mynd_44:
but it wasnt like this before sir. And this place was in order then. Anyway, do what you gotta do bro. I don they fear you now lol. Authoritative mod smh.
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by Syncan(m): 7:48am On Dec 21, 2013
Mynd_44: Can we please learn to use the "report to moderator" feature? It will go a long way to help everyone(me mostly)

Welcome aboard Mynd_44, I really wish you well in this section, yeah, though not so frequent but you do visit from time to time. Same stick for all is the tool here, while adherence to the rules with clarity and firmness is the job procedure. Anything short of this is disaster...and it comes real quick. Hope Seun gets some "good" mods to complement your efforts.
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by macof(m): 7:55am On Dec 21, 2013
Mynd_44:

And wats right angry
You've been banning numerous people first day of the job and you saying "stick to wats right"

Wats ur definition of "wats right"?

1 Like

Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by MEILYN(m): 8:00am On Dec 21, 2013
macof:

And wats right angry
You've been banning numerous people first day of the job and you saying "stick to wats right"

Wats ur definition of "wats right"?
He banned me for no reason, no warning nothing i didnt even know he was a mod here thats the worst part of it.
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by Mynd44: 8:17am On Dec 21, 2013
MEILYN: He banned me for no reason, no warning nothing i didnt even know he was a mod here thats the worst part of it.
But you noticed that posts were being hidden by me right? You wrote it your self
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by Nobody: 8:28am On Dec 21, 2013
Erm...Mr.Mynd...Plz I am cant create thread and i c dat some ppl r creatin threads...someone even got d chanc e to create two..
As per yesterday.,I will not say u r wrong...
But you should have started without banning ppl..
I think this is the only place one can tell you. This.
You should have inform people that you give everybody so so and so time to stop chatting because not everybody read your previous post tellin people to stop chatting..here...
E.g Meillyn.
And mine was just.
'Lol @ d name..'
I saw Josh the first post still up there..
And all the peole that congratulated you..you left their post.
I'm not saying my reply was right what i am saying is that calm down,take a deep breath,survey the land ...then proceed.
If i were someone else i would have taken up the case of the people congratulatin u and doz supportin u but i won't because Jesus Christ would not do that,,.

Please be a good Mod and Rememba dat this Section is the most complicated ...you have to think deeply before you take any action..
Take for example Pagan who raise motion against christains;
That you deleted his thread...
Many christain here ,especially me, raise topics against pagans e.t.c..
And that is what built the section,.
there may be fightn but if u notice the regulars always know how to resolve it.
And rememba dat it brings traic for Mr.Seun.
Not forgeting that N.A.W.E. Will still cover the news

Be good sir.
I support ur leadershp(if its in order)
Stay blessed

1 Like

Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by Mynd44: 8:35am On Dec 21, 2013
I also banned Princesa and Ishilove so there is no argument of bias. This is a complaint thread and it should be reserved for complaints.

I am a believer in bringing out points in each religion/belief so others can compare and make decision but those points have to be made with respect to every religion/belief. We should all be careful and not in a bid to "promote" our religion try to paint others as evil......put out your pros and cons and debate it. That's how to go.

Pagan9ja's thread included materials where he claimed that Christians intitionalised pedophiles and they are using it as a way to promote Christians among other things. That is wrong and will not stand
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by Nobody: 8:40am On Dec 21, 2013
Mynd_44: While I understand your point and agree with you that it does not look good, I have also come to discover that chat threads should really not be deleted or replaced as they hold loads of memories and lessons. Those threads are places where people familiarize and have been informal to one another hence hold some dear moments. Replacing it will not be good for memory. A lot of chats have gone down there, lessons learnt, mistakes found etc.

Besides, the thread by "nobody" is not really a bad thing, look at it this way, the thread belongs to nobody grin (that's me playing around).

I understand your point but I do not agree with it totally. Though I have had a rethink of the situation and the only question I seem to be struggling with right now is: If the 'creator' of another sticky thread decides to delete his/her account, do we keep replacing the stickies ad-infinitum? If we do then it will be quite clumsy.

I am of the view that the management team should modify the delete option to exclude at least sticky threads, such that when a member deletes his/her account the id will still appear as the originator of the thread, just like the id of obadiah was still visible as mod even after he deleted his account.
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by Mynd44: 8:47am On Dec 21, 2013
striktlymi:

I understand your point but I do not agree with it totally. Though I have had a rethink of the situation and the only question I seem to be struggling with right now is: If the 'creator' of another sticky thread decides to delete his/her account, do we keep replacing the stickies ad-infinitum? If we do then it will be quite clumsy.

I am of the view that the management team should modify the delete option to exclude at least sticky threads, such that when a member deletes his/her account the id will still appear as the originator of the thread, just like the id of obadiah was still visible as mod even after he deleted his account.
People who delete their threads want to be gone. They want to disappear without a trace and leave nothing behind that can be traced to them. The name at the top of a page when you are a mod however is an information: a sort of notice board which have to be manually removed.

Well as for another chat thread, we both have reasons why it will seem in a way, dicey and difficult
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by Nobody: 8:58am On Dec 21, 2013
So, um, any awards this year? My campaign material don dey smell o.. lipsrsealed
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by MEILYN(m): 8:59am On Dec 21, 2013
Mynd_44:
But you noticed that posts were being hidden by me right? You wrote it your self
nah i didnt notice grin. No probs bro, you were just doing your job. But you for give us one day of grace, and then introduce yourself to everybody formally.
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by Mynd44: 9:02am On Dec 21, 2013
aManFromMars: So, um, any awards this year? My campaign material don dey smell o.. lipsrsealed
Stay tuned for that and keep your materials ready grin
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by Nobody: 9:07am On Dec 21, 2013
Mynd_44:
People who delete their threads want to be gone. They want to disappear without a trace and leave nothing behind that can be traced to them. The name at the top of a page when you are a mod however is an information: a sort of notice board which have to be manually removed.

Well as for another chat thread, we both have reasons why it will seem in a way, dicey and difficult

As for another chat thread I concede that it is not necessary because of the reason I gave earlier and some of the arguments you put forth but I am almost certain of the need for the Admin to address the ish with the "no body" thingy as regards 'thread owners.

The Admin could create something close to a disclaimer regarding this. The disclaimer could come up as a prompt of some sought during the process of 'account creation', stating clearly that creating a user id on nairaland grants the Admin the express permission to use the id as it deems fit, even after account deletion has occurred.

"No bodies" having OPs makes this place a bit disorganized in my view. If the work of these individuals can be retained, surely their ids can be retained too, at least when they create threads.

@Bold: That for now is not feasible. Deleted accounts are visible when quoted and as long as their works remain here, they leave something behind that can be traced to their deleted ids.
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by Mynd44: 9:11am On Dec 21, 2013
striktlymi:

As for another chat thread I concede that it is not necessary because of the reason I gave earlier and some of the arguments you put forth but I am almost certain of the need for the Admin to address the ish with the "no body" thingy as regards 'thread owners.

The Admin could create something close to a disclaimer regarding this. The disclaimer could come up as a prompt of some sought during the process of 'account creation', stating clearly that creating a user id on nairaland grants the Admin the express permission to use the id as it deems fit, even after account deletion has occurred.

"No bodies" having OPs makes this place a bit disorganized in my view. If the work of these individuals can be retained, surely their ids can be retained too, at least when they create threads.

@Bold: That for now is not feasible. Deleted accounts are visible when quoted and as long as their works remain here, they leave something behind that can be traced to their deleted ids.
This post belongs in the general section dont you think? It might have good points and all but it is waaaaay beyond my scope and that of this section. No offense
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by Nobody: 9:17am On Dec 21, 2013
Mynd_44:
This post belongs in the general section dont you think? It might have good points and all but it is waaaaay beyond my scope and that of this section. No offense

No offence taken!

I thought its part of the mod job to liaise with the Admin on our behalf. Correct me if I am wrong.
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by Mynd44: 9:20am On Dec 21, 2013
striktlymi:

No offence taken!

I thought its part of the mod job to liaise with the Admin on our behalf. Correct me if I am wrong.
Yes it is but all ideas should be subject to input from everyone else.
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by MEILYN(m): 9:26am On Dec 21, 2013
Mynd_44:
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by Nobody: 9:28am On Dec 21, 2013
Mynd_44:

Agreed!

Everyone is free to contribute if they want to. I am not asking them not to.

Personally, I don't like creating threads or posting in the General section because it is too 'broad'. Here, I have that added feel of belonging to a family. Whatever I see that would be of benefit to the section and nairaland as a whole, I prefer to channel it through this section.

Anyways, if you are not comfortable with it, I will send a mail directly to seun and save you the troubles.
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by Nobody: 9:31am On Dec 21, 2013
Mynd_44:

If that is the case, I support Striklymi on that one.
-If you read the first few pages on the non-xtian chatbox, you would see that it was derailed by christians (more info on this could be gleaned from the old complaints thread
-Then, the op was originally insulting to atheists and pagans. Then I had to write one which Obadiah used to replace the original op.
If you notice, the comments from the atheists/pagans on that are sporadic because of the origin of the thread

I support a replacement. Obadiah knew that he was wrong but he left it because he wanted to "leave a legacy"- his own words.
=================================================

2 things though

-I wouldnt hold my breath for you to do the right thing
-Striklymi is a christian, so you can see that his request is bipartisan
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by Nobody: 9:42am On Dec 21, 2013
Oh and by the way,

why is this thread in the general section?

https://www.nairaland.com/1563306/atheist-prophet-strikes-again

The last time I checked prophecy and atheism are supposed to be in the religion section....

Here is the predecessor of that thread
https://www.nairaland.com/1554683/atheist-prophet

(1) (2) (3) ... (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) ... (96)

Eunice Olawale's Coffin And Burial Today (pics) / The Train: Movie On Mike Bamiloye's True Story / Pastor Biodun Fatoyinbo And Wife, Modele In Matching Denim Outfits

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.