Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,376 members, 7,836,532 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 09:27 AM

Kenya Mall Under Attack From Islamic Terrorists (Pictures) - Politics (79) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kenya Mall Under Attack From Islamic Terrorists (Pictures) (151193 Views)

"We Are Under Attack From APC " -- PDP Raises Alarm / Jonathan At OIC Summit With Leaders From Islamic Countries (photo) / What Islamic Terrorists In Iraq (ISIS) Did To Mosul Christians: Graphic Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) ... (90) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kenya Mall Under Attack From Islamic Terrorists (Pictures) by sCun: 7:53am On Sep 26, 2013
claremont: [s]This argument shouldn't be about religion, neither should it be about culture or race. This terrorist act is simply an evil act committed by evil people, the fact that they chose to commit this act in the name of their religion is immaterial at this point. What is material at this point is that a lot of innocent souls have lost their lives in the hands of a few evil men.

I'm an Atheist. I believe that ALL religions are not worth the paper on which their books are written on. If we choose to make this terrorist incident about religion, we might as well go back in history to World War 2 when the Nazi party committed heinous crimes in the name of Christianity. We can even go further than that to the time of the crusades when atrocities were committed due to the forceful imposition of the Abrahamic religions on our ancestors.

Again, this argument shouldn't be about religion; but if you guys want to spend all day on here trying to make it seem as if one religion is better than another, then I would argue that NO religion is exempt from evil. ALL religions are founded on the basis of human slavery, murder, and deprivation[/s].
We are talking about the present, but it seems you guys cannot help but always refer to the past. When the Nazi's were killing in the name of christianity, who stopped and defeated them? Who outlawed the KKK? Do you know how many christians actively fought for the abolition of slave trade during its era? Do you know how many of them died for it? If you choose to go back to history, take a full look at it while you are there. No one opposed slave trade more than Christians, no one fought and lost lives for the abolition of slave trade more than christians, no one spoke against slave trade more than christians. Slave trade ended because true Christians and others fought and spoke against it. Are the muslims doing the same regarding terrorism?

4 Likes

Re: Kenya Mall Under Attack From Islamic Terrorists (Pictures) by Fulaman198(m): 8:00am On Sep 26, 2013
Scun: Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram leader released a video yesterday. As he always does in his videos, he challenged any Islamic cleric anywhere in the world, to prove that what he does is against the teachings of the Qu'ran. That was the umpteenth time he raised that challenge, no cleric has been able to prove him wrong yet. Like I said before, the religion of Islam is evil!

No one wants to get killed by him
Re: Kenya Mall Under Attack From Islamic Terrorists (Pictures) by Fulaman198(m): 8:02am On Sep 26, 2013
Scun: We are talking about the present, but it seems you guys cannot help but always refer to the past. When the Nazi's were killing in the name of christianity, who stopped and defeated them? Who outlawed the KKK? Do you know how many christians actively fought for the abolition of slave trade during its era? Do you know how many of them died for it? If you choose to go back to history, take a full look at it while you are there. No one opposed slave trade more than Christians, no one fought and lost livse for the abolition os slave trades more than christians, no one spoke against slave trade more than christians. Slave trade ended because true Christians and others fought and spoke against it. Are the muslims doing the same regarding terrorism?

Christians commit crimes every day. However, you would say these people are not Christians because of your hypocrisy. Muslims are the only bad people in the world right?
Re: Kenya Mall Under Attack From Islamic Terrorists (Pictures) by naptu2: 8:02am On Sep 26, 2013
Scun: Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram leader released a video yesterday. As he always does in his videos, he challenged any Islamic cleric anywhere in the world, to prove that what he does is against the teachings of the Qu'ran. That was the umpteenth time he raised that challenge, no cleric has been able to prove him wrong yet. Like I said before, the religion of Islam is evil!

naptu2: Sheikh Gumi: Boko Haram Are Not Real Muslims
https://www.nairaland.com/1008792/sheikh-gumi-boko-haram-not

Sheikh Gumi Escaped Death In Kaduna
https://www.nairaland.com/1019982/sheikh-gumi-escaped-death-kaduna

Sheik Gumi Kicks Against Amnesty For Boko Haram, Says They Ought To be Crushed
http://mobile.saharareporters.com/news-page/sheik-gumi-kicks-against-amnesty-boko-haram-says-they-ought-be-crushed

All Suicide-Bombers Are Going To Hell
https://www.nairaland.com/1257673/all-suicide-bombers-going-hell-gumi

Boko-Haram Is Diabolical And Should Be Flushed" Sheik Gumi!!!!
https://www.nairaland.com/1265345/boko-haram-diabolical-should-flushed-sheik

Sheikh Gumi To Boko-Haram - You Cannot Break-Up Nigeria
https://www.nairaland.com/1303041/sheikh-gumi-boko-haram-cannot-break-up

Sheikh Gumi: Prophet Mohammed, Muslims Have No Enemy Worse Than Boko Haram
http://mobile.saharareporters.com/news-page/sheikh-gumi-prophet-mohammed-muslims-have-no-enemy-worse-boko-haram

1 Like

Re: Kenya Mall Under Attack From Islamic Terrorists (Pictures) by Fulaman198(m): 8:04am On Sep 26, 2013
naptu2:

Naptu2, you are wasting your time, the Anti-Muslim bigot army will not listen to reason
Re: Kenya Mall Under Attack From Islamic Terrorists (Pictures) by born2boink(m): 8:10am On Sep 26, 2013
Fulaman198:

Christians commit crimes every day. However, you would say these people are not Christians because of your hypocrisy. Muslims are the only bad people in the world right?
you have shown a true example of fulani man, fulani no dey die easily, they can fight and argue and they are very stubborn. I know say you no gree at all, fulani no dey gree.
Re: Kenya Mall Under Attack From Islamic Terrorists (Pictures) by born2boink(m): 8:16am On Sep 26, 2013
@fulaniman198. Abeg if any cheap cow dey, we boys fit use do ASUU meat for ileya festival. As abi christian so, if ileya land, I dey turn to muslim for that day alone......if any cow available, me and some boys can arrange though....

Person wey die don die ,make person wey remain jolly dey go. if you get any clean fulani babe for lagos, wey look like india, wey him dey on pinging, he get one wey I jam long time but she use shakara finish me. E bi like say you wake up, pm me as he dey go and for the cow, yarn me make I no as I go arrange with padi...... Beer self dey to jolly for illeya festival.

Code everything. Pm me
Re: Kenya Mall Under Attack From Islamic Terrorists (Pictures) by sCun: 9:32am On Sep 26, 2013
naptu2:

Only Sheikh Gumi?? I know of Shiekh Gumi before now but, I still took time to glance through the links, no where did he prove that Boko Haram's killings were against the teaching of the Qur'an. His statements were mainly poltical in nature and nothing different from what me or any non-muslim would have said. Abubakar Shekau asked for proof that his group's actions were against Islam's teachings, I couldn't see any where Sheikh Gumi gave proofs in any of the links you provided.
He condemned their actions, which is very good, but he didn't prove that they were unislamic.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Mall Under Attack From Islamic Terrorists (Pictures) by naptu2: 9:49am On Sep 26, 2013
Scun: Only Sheikh Gumi?? I know of Shiekh Gumi before now but, I still took time to glance through the links, no where did he prove that Boko Haram's killings were against the teaching of the Qur'an. His statements were mainly poltical in nature and nothing different from what me or any non-muslim would have said. Abubakar Shekau asked for proof that his group's actions were against Islam's teachings, I couldn't see any where Sheikh Gumi gave proofs in any of the links you provided.
He condemned their actions, which is very good, but he didn't prove that they were unislamic.

All Suicide-Bombers Are Going To Hell - Gumi by luv2talk(m): 12:48am On Apr 15

Destination Of All Suicide Bombers Is Hell, Sheik Gumi Says

By SaharaReporters, New York

Hell is the destination of all suicide bombers, fearless cleric Sheik Ahmad Mahmud Gumi warned today in a sermon SaharaReporters monitored in New York.

He pointed out that while young men commit suicide, they ought to reflect that those leaders who send them to their deaths do not commit suicide or send their children to die in the same way.

Gumi who has been critical of the Boko Haram sect, said in the sermon: [size=14pt]“The prophet – Salawatullahi alaihi- is a mercy for mankind. He said the way to Paradise is easy for those that follow his path. He said: “everybody in my Ummah is going to enter the paradise except he who refuses. They said (the companions): oh messenger of Allah, who will refuse? He said: whoever obeys me enter the paradise and whoever disobeys me he has indeed re...fused” Al-Bukhari.”[/size]

In an important sermon that has implications for violent Islamic sects that use suicide bombing as a key tool, Gumi offered the message that those that agree to use themselves as bombs do more than die in vain.

“Despite this ease of entering Paradise, those that commit suicide for whatever reason have guaranteed for themselves the Hell Fire forever,” he said.

He called on the faithful to be aware that nobody should deceive them to take their own lives, saying that real Jihad is fought to either win or get martyrdom.

[size=14pt]“The shahada is gotten when killed by enemy action,” he said. “Allah said: ‘Let those Fight In the cause of Allah who sell the life of This world for the Hereafter to Him who fighteth In the cause of Allah,- whether He is slain or gets victory - soon shall we give Him a reward of great (value). ” Q4/74.May Allah continue to guide us all to the straight path.”

Continuing, Sheik Gumi quoted Anas: “If not for my hearing the prophet – alaihis Salam- saying: Do not wish for death I would wish for it” Al-Bukhari.
[/size] People are forbidden to wish for death talks less of committing suicide. Islam is a practicable religion. We are required to do what we can do and leave the rest to the Al-Mighty. [size=14pt]“So fear Allah As much As ye can; listen and obey and spend In charity for the benefit of your own soul and those saved from the covetousness of their own souls,- They are the ones that achieve prosperity.” Q64/16.

“Whoever therefore will be taken by fanaticism or sickness or depression to kill himself, he has condemned himself to eternity in the Hell fire, May Allah Save us from it. Muslim narrated from Abu Huraira who said: the messenger of Allah said: “whoever will kill himself with an iron, then he would be tormented with his iron in his hand injuring his belly continuously in Hell Fire forever. And whoever will drink poison and then kill himself, he will continue sipping the poison in the Hell fire forever. And whoever fall from a rock then kills himself, He will continue falling in the Hell fire forever”.
[/size]

He stressed that whoever will explode himself with explosives for whatever reason or disguise will also continue to be in his explosion in hellfire forever, stressing that this is what the hadith teaches. Suicides, he warned, are tormented by the same means they employ to kill themselves.

“Today we see young men killing themselves with explosives in the name of Jihad yet they never reflect that those ‘leaders‘ that send them to such adventure never commit suicide nor send their children to commit it.”

Source:
http://saharareporters.com/news-page/destination-all-suicide-bombers-hell-sheik-gumi-says

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Mall Under Attack From Islamic Terrorists (Pictures) by erniok(m): 10:37am On Sep 26, 2013
@ naptu, what he preached against was only suicide bombing while ignoring the other heinous crimes committed against humanity and as such has not really condemned their overall activities using the Koran.
Re: Kenya Mall Under Attack From Islamic Terrorists (Pictures) by Nobody: 10:48am On Sep 26, 2013
@naptu
u didn't get the point scun was trying to make

committing suicide (to kill one self) is different from committing suicide for the will of Allah even the article abi na preaching that u posted confirmed that.
this so called suicide bombers died after casting terror into the heart of infidels and those that doesn't accept allah as one god. they felt Islam has been marginalized by the so called unbelievers.
they didn't die alone, they died fighting jihad

the suicide the sheik was referring too according to the last bolded part is killing urself out of depression/fanaticism/ sickness
which am sure was pretty rampart or still very rampart in Asia today

their is no place in qioran that frowns at killing infidels, heathen, unbelievers like me. please if there is any, let's talk, I like to learn. may be u can convince me on the way I view islam

1 Like

Re: Kenya Mall Under Attack From Islamic Terrorists (Pictures) by sCun: 11:00am On Sep 26, 2013
naptu2:

All Suicide-Bombers Are Going To Hell - Gumi by luv2talk(m): 12:48am On Apr 15

Destination Of All Suicide Bombers Is Hell, Sheik Gumi Says

By SaharaReporters, New York

Hell is the destination of all suicide bombers, fearless cleric Sheik Ahmad Mahmud Gumi warned today in a sermon SaharaReporters monitored in New York.

He pointed out that while young men commit suicide, they ought to reflect that those leaders who send them to their deaths do not commit suicide or send their children to die in the same way.

Gumi who has been critical of the Boko Haram sect, said in the sermon: [size=14pt]“The prophet – Salawatullahi alaihi- is a mercy for mankind. He said the way to Paradise is easy for those that follow his path. He said: “everybody in my Ummah is going to enter the paradise except he who refuses. They said (the companions): oh messenger of Allah, who will refuse? He said: whoever obeys me enter the paradise and whoever disobeys me he has indeed re...fused” Al-Bukhari.”[/size]

In an important sermon that has implications for violent Islamic sects that use suicide bombing as a key tool, Gumi offered the message that those that agree to use themselves as bombs do more than die in vain.

“Despite this ease of entering Paradise, those that commit suicide for whatever reason have guaranteed for themselves the Hell Fire forever,” he said.

He called on the faithful to be aware that nobody should deceive them to take their own lives, saying that real Jihad is fought to either win or get martyrdom.

[size=14pt]“The shahada is gotten when killed by enemy action,” he said. “Allah said: ‘Let those Fight In the cause of Allah who sell the life of This world for the Hereafter to Him who fighteth In the cause of Allah,- whether He is slain or gets victory - soon shall we give Him a reward of great (value). ” Q4/74.May Allah continue to guide us all to the straight path.”

Continuing, Sheik Gumi quoted Anas: “If not for my hearing the prophet – alaihis Salam- saying: Do not wish for death I would wish for it” Al-Bukhari.
[/size] People are forbidden to wish for death talks less of committing suicide. Islam is a practicable religion. We are required to do what we can do and leave the rest to the Al-Mighty. [size=14pt]“So fear Allah As much As ye can; listen and obey and spend In charity for the benefit of your own soul and those saved from the covetousness of their own souls,- They are the ones that achieve prosperity.” Q64/16.

“Whoever therefore will be taken by fanaticism or sickness or depression to kill himself, he has condemned himself to eternity in the Hell fire, May Allah Save us from it. Muslim narrated from Abu Huraira who said: the messenger of Allah said: “whoever will kill himself with an iron, then he would be tormented with his iron in his hand injuring his belly continuously in Hell Fire forever. And whoever will drink poison and then kill himself, he will continue sipping the poison in the Hell fire forever. And whoever fall from a rock then kills himself, He will continue falling in the Hell fire forever”.
[/size]

He stressed that whoever will explode himself with explosives for whatever reason or disguise will also continue to be in his explosion in hellfire forever, stressing that this is what the hadith teaches. Suicides, he warned, are tormented by the same means they employ to kill themselves.

“Today we see young men killing themselves with explosives in the name of Jihad yet they never reflect that those ‘leaders‘ that send them to such adventure never commit suicide nor send their children to commit it.”

Source:
http://saharareporters.com/news-page/destination-all-suicide-bombers-hell-sheik-gumi-says

I saw this article before my previous posts and I still stand by it. The underlined parts are the quotes Gumi made from the Qur'an and they didn't do anything in answering Shekau's challenge. The other parts which would have done much are unfortunately not from the Qur'an but Hadiths or whatever they call it from Islamic scholars and clerics like Gumi himself. Many Muslims do not believe in the authenticity of those Hadiths, for example Abu Huraira who was quoted by Gumi whose quote you bolded is regarded by many muslims as a liar. Furthermore, many muslims believe that the Qur'an is perfect and complete and that there is no need for Hadiths. So, I wonder why they cannot prove that Islam is against the activities of these terrorists from the Qur'an itself.
Re: Kenya Mall Under Attack From Islamic Terrorists (Pictures) by Nobody: 11:27am On Sep 26, 2013
Bimpss:

And that's the reason why I don't like people like you, people who find every little excuse to hate others. Be honest, you never liked people who don't think like you, have the same belief. You have always wanted an excuse to hate, and you finally have one so you hold tight to that hatred. Don't bother responding, your response are always senseless anyways.
do you really think people just wake up one day an decide to hate Islam?

let's put in some logic here
let's say I have 20 people in my family, and you are a good friend to my family.
so, one day, I decided to rob or dupe you of something you love most. with the love you have in ur heart, you decide to forgive me.
second day, another member of my Family robbed or duped u again of something you love most, u still decide to forgive.
the third day another member came and hurt you again,
tell me, will you trust rest of my family? won't you warn your loved ones to stay away from my family so they wont get hurt like you?

let's look at another example,
most south westerners hate PDP, they believed the party is filled with corrupt individuals, they can't trust anything that comes from the party, does that mean everyone in that party is corrupt?

same goes for Islam .. people will not trust anything Islam has to offer as long as they keep killing people for no reason.
they will keep hating the religion cos it gives them every reasons to

ask yourself, we have over 10,000 religions, over hundred thousand gods, why always Islam and allah

can you kill what I love most and expect me praise you?
can you keep destroying my country and my livelihood and expect me to say well done?

if the Alfas, the sheik etc can't do anything to stop Allah boys from killing, we will always hate Islam and whoever practices it

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Mall Under Attack From Islamic Terrorists (Pictures) by tintingz(m): 1:20pm On Sep 26, 2013
9jadelta: @naptu

committing suicide (to kill one self) is different from committing suicide for the will of Allah even the article abi na preaching that u posted confirmed that.
this so called suicide bombers died after casting terror into the heart of infidels and those that doesn't accept allah as one god. they felt Islam has been marginalized by the so called unbelievers.
First you should find out what Jihad truly means

the suicide the sheik was referring too according to the last bolded part is killing urself out of depression/fanaticism/ sickness
why do you people just don't wanna accept explanation, someone said where does Islam clerics condemn BH and naptu gave out links he's not satisfy and said does links doesn't talk of condemnation naptu further quote out one of the link that talked of committing suicide which is a sin in the Quran you are here saying those verses are not against suicide?

What else do you guys want, is like the weed you take in is too much pumping in your brain, your MEND terrorist are their terrorizing you are here posting rubbish grin

their is no place in qioran that frowns at killing infidels, heathen, unbelievers like me. please if there is any, let's talk, I like to learn. may be u can convince me on the way I view islam
the Quran frowns at killing innocent people, Quran said fight does who fight/attack you Allah has drawn the line of killing innocent souls.

In the Quran Allah said

"God does not forbid you from showing kindness and dealing justly with those who have not fought you about religion and have not driven you out of your homes. God loves just dealers. (Quran, 60:8 )

No compulsion in religion

"Let there be no compulsion in religion: Truth stands out clear from error: whoever rejects evil and believes in Allah hath grasped the most trustworthy handhold, that never breaks. And Allah heareth and knoweth all things. (Quran, 2:256)"

Be peaceful

"But if the enemy incline towards peace, do thou (also) incline towards peace, and trust in God: for He is One that heareth and knoweth (all things). ( Quran, 8:61)"

One person is like a whole mankind

" if any one slew a person - unless it be for murder or for spreading mischief in the land - it would be as if he slew the whole people: and if any one saved a life, it would be as if he saved the life of the whole people. Then although there came to them Our apostles with clear signs, yet, even after that, many of them continued to commit excesses in the land. (Quran, 5:32)"

To your own believe

"Say : O ye that reject Faith! I worship not that which ye worship, Nor will ye worship that which I worship. And I will not worship that which ye have been wont to worship, Nor will ye worship that which I worship. To you be your Way, and to me mine. ( Quran, 109:1-6)"

This are some verses that the Quran said about killing, there is no where in the Quran Allah instructed muslims to kill innocent people...muslims can only fight when they are attacked and these fight must be under the rule of a gov or leader.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Mall Under Attack From Islamic Terrorists (Pictures) by tintingz(m): 1:29pm On Sep 26, 2013
Scun: I saw this article before my previous posts and I still stand by it. The underlined parts are the quotes Gumi made from the Qur'an and they didn't do anything in answering Shekau's challenge. The other parts which would have done much are unfortunately not from the Qur'an but Hadiths or whatever they call it from Islamic scholars and clerics like Gumi himself. Many Muslims do not believe in the authenticity of those Hadiths, for example Abu Huraira who was quoted by Gumi whose quote you bolded is regarded by many muslims as a liar. Furthermore, many muslims believe that the Qur'an is perfect and complete and that there is no need for Hadiths. So, I wonder why they cannot prove that Islam is against the activities of these terrorists from the Qur'an itself.
You should tell us which hadith is authentic
Re: Kenya Mall Under Attack From Islamic Terrorists (Pictures) by tintingz(m): 1:37pm On Sep 26, 2013
9jadelta: do you really think people just wake up one day an decide to hate Islam?

let's put in some logic here
let's say I have 20 people in my family, and you are a good friend to my family.
so, one day, I decided to rob or dupe you of something you love most. with the love you have in ur heart, you decide to forgive me.
second day, another member of my Family robbed or duped u again of something you love most, u still decide to forgive.
the third day another member came and hurt you again,
tell me, will you trust rest of my family? won't you warn your loved ones to stay away from my family so they wont get hurt like you?

let's look at another example,
most south westerners hate PDP, they believed the party is filled with corrupt individuals, they can't trust anything that comes from the party, does that mean everyone in that party is corrupt?

same goes for Islam .. people will not trust anything Islam has to offer as long as they keep killing people for no reason.
they will keep hating the religion cos it gives them every reasons to

ask yourself, we have over 10,000 religions, over hundred thousand gods, why always Islam and allah

can you kill what I love most and expect me praise you?
can you keep destroying my country and my livelihood and expect me to say well done?

if the Alfas, the sheik etc can't do anything to stop Allah boys from killing, we will always hate Islam and whoever practices it
Lol....in your signature you said you are a nigerdeltan not a "militant" and your MEND terrorists are terrorizing which means the whole niger deltan are terrorists grin

abi no be logic be that?

I can't trust anything that can comes out of our reta;rded clueless president Jonathan because he's from a terrorist militant state niger delta? smiley
Re: Kenya Mall Under Attack From Islamic Terrorists (Pictures) by naptu2: 2:17pm On Sep 26, 2013
erniok: @ naptu, what he preached against was only suicide bombing while ignoring the other heinous crimes committed against humanity and as such has not really condemned their overall activities using the Koran.

Slow down. I've only posted one article from one scholar. Sheikh Gumi preaches everyday during ramadan and he has a range of topics that he preaches on. Wait for the other posts.

Boko Haram engages in suicide bombing and the essence of that post is that anybody who takes his own life will end up in hell.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Mall Under Attack From Islamic Terrorists (Pictures) by naptu2: 2:21pm On Sep 26, 2013
9jadelta: @naptu

It's either you contradicted yourself or you didn't understand the post. He demonstrated that even thinking of killing yourself, for whatever reason, is a sin. Boko Haram are fanatics and they kill themselves (and others) out of this fanaticism and he demonstrated that this is wrong.
Re: Kenya Mall Under Attack From Islamic Terrorists (Pictures) by naptu2: 2:32pm On Sep 26, 2013
Scun: I saw this article before my previous posts and I still stand by it. The underlined parts are the quotes Gumi made from the Qur'an and they didn't do anything in answering Shekau's challenge. The other parts which would have done much are unfortunately not from the Qur'an but Hadiths or whatever they call it from Islamic scholars and clerics like Gumi himself. Many Muslims do not believe in the authenticity of those Hadiths, for example Abu Huraira who was quoted by Gumi whose quote you bolded is regarded by many muslims as a liar. Furthermore, many muslims believe that the Qur'an is perfect and complete and that there is no need for Hadiths. So, I wonder why they cannot prove that Islam is against the activities of these terrorists from the Qur'an itself.

You are very slowly getting there, although there's a bit of prejudice that's still blocking your way.

1) I'm sure you must have seen the verses of the quran posted by Tingtinz which condemn Boko Haram's actions. Those verses are in the other articles that I will post.

2) Some muslims do not believe in the authenticity of the hadiths, while others do. Why have you decided to accept the views of those who don't? (The answer to that question will reveal the obstacles that are in your way). There are some christians who believe that the Holy Spirit Movement in Uganda represents true christianity, others accept the Book of Mormon and yet others believe that Jim Jones was Jesus Christ reincarnated. Would you accept it if an atheist tells you that these versions are correct and all other versions of christianity are wrong?

The point is, you cannot say all muslims are bad or islam is bad or all muslims are terrorists because that's not true. You cannot pick and choose the interpretation of islam that you want and expect others to accept it. Some say an eye for an eye is in the bible, so that's what we should follow, others say that that law was for that time, while others say that there's no contradiction in the bible. No outsider can step out of the blues and decide for christians which version is correct.

3 Likes

Re: Kenya Mall Under Attack From Islamic Terrorists (Pictures) by naptu2: 2:37pm On Sep 26, 2013
[size=14pt]Genuine Muslims Don’t Kill – Sheikh Gumi[/size]

03.08.2012, 12:29

A prominent Kaduna-based Islamic scholar, Sheikh Ahmad Mahmud Gumi, yesterday described as un-Islamic the killing of innocent people in Nigeria through bombings and gun attacks.

The cleric said this during his daily Ramadan Tafsir (Qur'an translation and commentary) at the Sultan Bello mosque, Kaduna.

Citing various verses from the Qur'an, Sheikh Gumi said Islam does not allow Muslims to kill innocent people, irrespective of their beliefs.

"This is why we are of the view that those behind these killings are not doing it because of Islam. Islam does not allow its followers to engage in the killing of innocent people. Even during wars, we are not allowed to torch places of worship of Christians and Jews.

We are not allowed to kill women and children except if they are among those fighting Islam. Therefore, these people killing indiscriminately are just wicked people who have an agenda to destroy our religion and our people. It is important for those in authority to stop corruption and stop imposing themselves on people.

Nigerians should be allowed to choose their leaders. There should be fairness in the running of the affairs of the country, especially in recruitment of uniformed personnel. I was sad when I saw the list of admission recently released by various military schools. Muslims are being cheated and this is part of the things that cause unrest in the society," Sheikh Gumi said.

He urged Muslims to effectively utilise the Ramadan period to pray for peace and progress of the country.

http://m.naij.com/news/4614.html
Re: Kenya Mall Under Attack From Islamic Terrorists (Pictures) by naptu2: 2:44pm On Sep 26, 2013
[size=14pt]Gumi is right, no compulsion in religion[/size]

Published on Saturday, 18 August 2012 06:00

Written by Bello Sa’id

Recent comments by prominent Islamic scholar, Sheikh Ahmad Gumi, condemning the incessant attacks by terrorists claiming to be Muslims has once again thrown light on the issue of suicide bombings and other acts of violence, as well as the position of Islam on them. The sheikh’s remarks, coming during the Islamic holy month of Ramadan, has attracted a lot of comments and generated so much fear about his security. These fears are not out of place as it has become very obvious that anyone who publicly condemns the activities of Boko Haram in Nigeria today also becomes a prime target of the misguided group’s senseless killings.

The Saudi-based scholar penultimate week while preaching at the famous Sultan Bello Mosque in Kaduna condemned the killings claimed or attributed to the group and other violent groups citing verses from the Holy Quran that have outlawed the killing of innocent souls.

“This is why we are of the view that those behind these killings are not doing it because of Islam. Islam does not allow its followers to engage in the killing of innocent people. Even during wars, we are not allowed to torch places of worship of Christians and Jews. We are not allowed to kill women and children except if they are among those fighting Islam. Therefore, these people killing indiscriminately are just wicked people who have an agenda to destroy our religion and our people. It is important for those in authority to stop corruption and stop imposing themselves on people. Nigerians should be allowed to choose their leaders.” Sheikh Gumi said.

Sheikh Gumi’s comments are not new. Many scholars have condemned the activities of Boko Haram before now. What is new in my view however is that the Sheikh was able to summon the courage to say in public what many leaders and scholars only say in private. Other scholars often condemn such killings in such a manner that suggests that they are being cautious of the fact that they could become instant targets of those misguided elements.

But Gumi’s approach was different. He hit the nail on the head, saying it out loud that the teachings of the Quran have made it clear that ‘there is no compulsion in religion’ and Boko Haram was wrong to have issued an ultimatum to President Goodluck Jonathan to convert to Islam.

[size=14pt]Indeed Quran chapter 109 is very clear on the position of Allah on people who believe in Islam and those who don’t. The verses read as follows: “(1.) Say (O Muhammad) to those disbelievers in Allah, (in His Oneness, in His Angels, in His Books, in His Messengers, in the Day of Resurrection, and in Al-Qadar, etc.) (2) I worship not that which you worship (3) Nor will you worship that which I worship. (4) And I shall not worship that which you are worshipping. (5) Nor will you worship that which I worship. (6) To you be your religion, and to me my religion (Islamic Monotheism).[/size]

With these verses from the Holy Quran in mind, it remains a mystery how group of people will issue an ultimatum to a Christian to convert to Islam or face their wrath. It is however very unfortunate that a few youngsters would be coerced into joining the group to carry out instructions from evil minded leaders of the deadly sect. The sect’s leaders continue to live in comfort and convenience while bullying mostly young adolescent males to go out and commit violent crimes against harmless citizens.

The sect’s problem is both a reflection and a reminder on the moral decadence that has occurred in the Nigerian society. Many parents across the north have become negligent, careless, irresponsible and nonchalant that that they bear children and hatch no plans to provide the basic shelter, nutritional, educational, health and other needs of those offspring. At very tender ages, children are sent out on the streets under the cover of seeking knowledge, thereby exposing them to various kinds of conditions ranging from starvation, poor healthcare, immoral acts and bullying.

The end result is what we have on our hands today. Millions of uncultured almajiris now roam the streets of the north looking for activities to occupy their minds. The wanton poverty and joblessness in the land now makes it easy for such children raised with no morals to become vulnerable for recruitment by the evil sect and other criminal groups.

This has resulted in a situation where in the past two decades or so, a few thugs will at the slightest provocation begin to set houses ablaze, killing people and looting assets. As is traditional in this country, very little efforts have been made over the decades to tackle these issues. Ethno-religious violence has become the order of the day, with thugs and homeless children killing and looting all the way.

It is in the light of all these that I find Sheikh Gumi’s comments welcome at this critical time. If the terrorists would not listen to Emirs, Governors and other political leaders, at least they will do themselves some service by listening to the learned Sheikh. Then, what is their justification for such violence? It’s time to stop this madness and anyone who is anyone in the north must play a part in this task. It is the most important national assignment of our time. This is not just the work of security agents. Our leaders in the north - all of them;  northern elders, governors, former governors, former heads of state, emirs, traditional title holders, captains of industry, legislators and everyone that matters – it’s time to get to work. No more lip service.

Sa’id writes from Lugbe, Abuja

http://weeklytrust.com.ng/index.php/opinion/10781-gumi-is-right-no-compulsion-in-religion
Re: Kenya Mall Under Attack From Islamic Terrorists (Pictures) by Nobody: 2:47pm On Sep 26, 2013
naptu2....

When are you taking up the offer.....you seem to be avoiding that thread.
Re: Kenya Mall Under Attack From Islamic Terrorists (Pictures) by naptu2: 2:49pm On Sep 26, 2013
ilugunboy: naptu2....

When are you taking up the offer.....you seem to be avoiding that thread.

Hello bro. What offer? What thread?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kenya Mall Under Attack From Islamic Terrorists (Pictures) by Nobody: 2:51pm On Sep 26, 2013
If Moslems were serious about dissociating themselves from terrorism. They would excommunicate terrorist leaders and any imam that preaches hate. Do they do so ? Nope how many times have u been near a mosque? All u hear is the bible is fake, Christians are going to hell , beware of Christians etc. Have u ever been near a church? Do they even mention Islam? All u hear is love love and love. That's the difference . So again moslems should apologize to non Moslems and flush out the devils living in their midst. If they don't they should proudly bear their label of terrorists

4 Likes

Re: Kenya Mall Under Attack From Islamic Terrorists (Pictures) by Nobody: 2:54pm On Sep 26, 2013
Naptu u are wasting your time , the same religion u are quoting here institutionalized lie . Yes ooo when u are a Moslem u can lie to defend your religion and it is not a sin. They call it taqqya or teqya so your cheik is doing what his Arab masters taught him....
Re: Kenya Mall Under Attack From Islamic Terrorists (Pictures) by Nobody: 3:01pm On Sep 26, 2013
claremont: This argument shouldn't be about religion, neither should it be about culture or race. This terrorist act is simply an evil act committed by evil people, the fact that they chose to commit this act in the name of their religion is immaterial at this point. What is material at this point is that a lot of innocent souls have lost their lives in the hands of a few evil men.

I'm an Atheist. I believe that ALL religions are not worth the paper on which their books are written on. If we choose to make this terrorist incident about religion, we might as well go back in history to World War 2 when the Nazi party committed heinous crimes in the name of Christianity. We can even go further than that to the time of the crusades when atrocities were committed due to the forceful imposition of the Abrahamic religions on our ancestors.

Again, this argument shouldn't be about religion; but if you guys want to spend all day on here trying to make it seem as if one religion is better than another, then I would argue that NO religion is exempt from evil. ALL religions are founded on the basis of human slavery, murder, and deprivation.

hmmm good points.
Re: Kenya Mall Under Attack From Islamic Terrorists (Pictures) by Nobody: 3:02pm On Sep 26, 2013
Scun: We are talking about the present, but it seems you guys cannot help but always refer to the past. When the Nazi's were killing in the name of christianity, who stopped and defeated them? Who outlawed the KKK? Do you know how many christians actively fought for the abolition of slave trade during its era? Do you know how many of them died for it? If you choose to go back to history, take a full look at it while you are there. No one opposed slave trade more than Christians, [size=18pt]no one fought and lost lives for the abolition of slave trade more than christians, no one spoke against slave trade more than christians[/size]. Slave trade ended because true Christians and others fought and spoke against it. Are the muslims doing the same regarding terrorism?

lol ummmm...

the slaves...

1 Like

Re: Kenya Mall Under Attack From Islamic Terrorists (Pictures) by onila(f): 3:13pm On Sep 26, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: If Moslems were serious about dissociating themselves from terrorism. They would excommunicate terrorist leaders and any imam that preaches hate. Do they do so ? Nope how many times have u been near a mosque? All u hear is the bible is fake, Christians are going to hell , beware of Christians etc. Have u ever been near a church? Do they even mention Islam? All u hear is love love and love. That's the difference . So again moslems should apologize to non Moslems and flush out the devils living in their midst. If they don't they should proudly bear their label of terrorists
smiley
Re: Kenya Mall Under Attack From Islamic Terrorists (Pictures) by BlackKenichi(m): 3:17pm On Sep 26, 2013
claremont: This argument shouldn't be about religion, neither should it be about culture or race. This terrorist act is simply an evil act committed by evil people, the fact that they chose to commit this act in the name of their religion is immaterial at this point. What is material at this point is that a lot of innocent souls have lost their lives in the hands of a few evil men.
I agree!

claremont: I'm an Atheist. I believe that ALL religions are not worth the paper on which their books are written on. If we choose to make this terrorist incident about religion, we might as well go back in history to World War 2 when the Nazi party committed heinous crimes in the name of Christianity. We can even go further than that to the time of the crusades when atrocities were committed due to the forceful imposition of the Abrahamic religions on our ancestors.
That's a myth. The Nazis weren't christian, many of them were staunch atheists. Hitler absolutely hated Christianity.

claremont: Again, this argument shouldn't be about religion; but if you guys want to spend all day on here trying to make it seem as if one religion is better than another, then I would argue that NO religion is exempt from evil. ALL religions are founded on the basis of human slavery, murder, and deprivation.
Another athiest lie.
Human nature is twisted and f*cked up regardless of religion.

(1) (2) (3) ... (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) ... (90) (Reply)

2019 Governorship Election Results In Nigeria As Announced By INEC / Kogi Governorship Election 2019: Updates, Results, Reports And Live Monitoring / Buhari's Picture Doctored To Add Face Masks To Deceive Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 131
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.