Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,200 members, 7,829,293 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:43 AM

Who Sinned First, Satan Or Adam ? - Religion (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Who Sinned First, Satan Or Adam ? (18807 Views)

Can God Forgive Satan Or Can Satan Ask For Forgiveness? / Satan Or Serpent:Who Was Cursed? / Lucifer Is Not Satan Or The Devil (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Sinned First, Satan Or Adam ? by Image123(m): 10:05pm On Sep 30, 2013
mazaje:

I don't believe anything about the Adam and eve story, it is only a fictitious story, I was only stating what was writing in the story and how the christian interpretation of the story which is very different from the jewish interpretation portrays Yahweh as an irresponsible parent. . .Adam never named any animal any where, if he did all animals will be called by the names he gave them in all languages, stop talking about it as if the fictitious account has anything to do with reality, animals are named after they have been discovered. . .What name did Adam give to the pit bull or Chuwawa?. . .Don't be be ridiculous pls. .

I don't have any adamic nature, even the Jews that invented they myth do not agree with the nonsense you are writing. . .They do not believe in original sin or fall of man to them the eden story stands for man coming to an age of awareness and enlightenment. . .Its he christains that give it their own meaning because of Jesus. . .The people that invented the story do not even agree with you, so stop giving me your indoctrinated crap. . .

This is good news. You are saying that you do not believe that Adam had no knowledge of good and evil? That's what i am saying, i don't believe Adam was ignorant. He was a most intelligent man.
You behave much like Adam. Who are the jews that wrote the Bible? Were you the one that fought for your nation's independence? i'll like to meet you if so.
Re: Who Sinned First, Satan Or Adam ? by macof(m): 10:06pm On Sep 30, 2013
Chibuebem: do you have eternal life sir? Eternal life in its real sense is not just living forever. There are characteristics and properties that go with it. The nature of eternal life, God's nature, cannot be isolated from his indestructible life and its power.
of course I have eternal life, given to me by Eleda mi, oba-orun, Olodumare. And I would surely return to him with free conscience of my fulfilled destiny.
Re: Who Sinned First, Satan Or Adam ? by macof(m): 10:09pm On Sep 30, 2013
Image123:

This is good news. You are saying that you do not believe that Adam had no knowledge of good and evil? That's what i am saying, i don't believe Adam was ignorant. He was a most intelligent man.
You behave much like Adam. Who are the jews that wrote the Bible? Were you the one that fought for your nation's independence? i'll like to meet you if so.
you asking an annoying rhetorical question. Pls read ur holy book well
Re: Who Sinned First, Satan Or Adam ? by Nobody: 10:10pm On Sep 30, 2013
macof: of course I have eternal life, given to me by Eleda mi, oba-orun, Olodumare. And I would surely return to him with free conscience of my fulfilled destiny.
do you have the nature of eternal life? Are you free from sin?
Re: Who Sinned First, Satan Or Adam ? by macof(m): 10:22pm On Sep 30, 2013
Chibuebem: do you have the nature of eternal life? Are you free from sin?
no human can be free from sin. we can only balance sin/evil with good, in other to achieve our destiny.
The next thing u will say is that with Jesus u can be free from sin. But answer this question, since u became a Christian(u were probably born Christian) have u been free from sin?
Re: Who Sinned First, Satan Or Adam ? by Nobody: 10:27pm On Sep 30, 2013
macof: no human can be free from sin. we can only balance sin/evil with good, in other to achieve our destiny.
The next thing u will say is that with Jesus u can be free from sin. But answer this question, since u became a Christian(u were probably born Christian) have u been free from sin?
yep

Edit: you can go and check my record with God.

And there's no such thing as balancing sin. God is holy. He cannot accomodate sin. If you have sin in you, then you do not have eternal life.
Re: Who Sinned First, Satan Or Adam ? by macof(m): 10:34pm On Sep 30, 2013
Chibuebem: yep
so u have never committed one of the following: lied, stolen, fornicated, raped, or killed?
Re: Who Sinned First, Satan Or Adam ? by Nobody: 10:46pm On Sep 30, 2013
macof: so u have never committed one of the following: lied, stolen, fornicated, raped, or killed?
nope. I walk in sin no longer. Christs blood blotted out my sins. There's provision for me as I trust in his power.

For the power of the life-giving spirit of christ( and this power is mine through Christ Jesus) has set me free from the vicious circle of sin and death
-romans 8:2
Re: Who Sinned First, Satan Or Adam ? by MrTroll(m): 11:00pm On Sep 30, 2013
Image123:

Ask your parents, or are they not adults?
What has my parents got to do with this? Do you know who they are before running your mouth?
Re: Who Sinned First, Satan Or Adam ? by MrTroll(m): 11:02pm On Sep 30, 2013
Chibuebem:
Edit: you can go and check my record with God.
pls where can i do that? Help a brother in need.cheesy
Re: Who Sinned First, Satan Or Adam ? by Nobody: 11:06pm On Sep 30, 2013
Mr Troll: pls where can i do that? Help a brother in need.cheesy
lolz. You could go check the bible, or you can wait till you die and meet God. (Which could be any moment from now btw) You could squeeze in a question or two on judgement day. grin
Re: Who Sinned First, Satan Or Adam ? by MrTroll(m): 11:37pm On Sep 30, 2013
Chibuebem: lolz. You could go check the bible, or you can wait till you die and meet God. (Which could be any moment from now btw) You could squeeze in a question or two on judgement day. grin
mcheew! So the mouth wey you just make now na make i die first? undecided
check record ko record checker ni.
Re: Who Sinned First, Satan Or Adam ? by Nobody: 11:38pm On Sep 30, 2013
Mr Troll: mcheew! So the mouth wey you just make now na make i die first? undecided
check record ko record checker ni.
lolz. Take am easy abeg. Death na 'normal' but serious thing na. Haba.
Re: Who Sinned First, Satan Or Adam ? by MrTroll(m): 11:43pm On Sep 30, 2013
Chibuebem: lolz. Take am easy abeg. Death na 'normal' but serious thing na. Haba.
why all una promise de always be post mortem? How i go take hold you if eventually e come be lie? Mcheew!!
Re: Who Sinned First, Satan Or Adam ? by Nobody: 11:50pm On Sep 30, 2013
Mr Troll: why all una promise de always be post mortem? How i go take hold you if eventually e come be lie? Mcheew!!
lol. I gave you two options remember?
Quit your doubt and have faith in the evidence!
Re: Who Sinned First, Satan Or Adam ? by Solozzo(m): 11:51pm On Sep 30, 2013
Chibuebem: sorry sir, he lied. He said: "thou shalt not surely die"

Adam did not die on the day he ate the fruit. He lived to 930years of age. In genesis 2:17 God said "....on the day you eat of it you would surely die" A mere threat to deter them from eating/acquiring knowledge, just like you would threaten a child. god knew that that knowledge would make them like Gods. The snake (wisdom) revealed the secret to Eve knowing she is more receptive as the mother of the living.

God also knew the knowledge would help adam and eve find the tree of life. So he hid the tree and placed angels to guard it. It is this knowledge that has brought about civilization, scientific invention, democracy and justice to mankind as well as divine love and understanding over the centuries.

No where in genesis is it stated that man was created originally to live forever before adam ate the fruit . He was made mortal, from the dust of the earth, and such subject to death like every animal. The tree of life would have been a poisonous reward considering it would have been given to Adam in exchange for obsequiousness, stupidity and mental retardation, ie a naked ape for ever
Re: Who Sinned First, Satan Or Adam ? by macof(m): 11:56pm On Sep 30, 2013
Chibuebem: nope. I walk in sin no longer. Christs blood blotted out my sins. There's provision for me as I trust in his power.

For the power of the life-giving spirit of christ( and this power is mine through Christ Jesus) has set me free from the vicious circle of sin and death
-romans 8:2
u are the most pathetic lier ever. U mean to say since u were born u have not done anything bad? Well I guess if u have kept a balance dats actually doing good. But seriously stop spreading lies with ur corrupt religion. Set u free from death as well How dumb are u? Very dumb, cus every human dies. Walking into heaven, or creaking the earth to activate a portal to heaven are only myths. U must die to reach heaven
Re: Who Sinned First, Satan Or Adam ? by macof(m): 11:59pm On Sep 30, 2013
Chibuebem: lolz. Take am easy abeg. Death na 'normal' but serious thing na. Haba.
see this confused individual that just said he's set free from death. U Christians really have problems, the biggest of them is confusion.
Re: Who Sinned First, Satan Or Adam ? by MrTroll(m): 11:59pm On Sep 30, 2013
Chibuebem: lol. I gave you two options remember?
Quit your doubt and have faith in the evidence!
Have FAITH in the EVIDENCE. undecided
this is what happens when you try to mix religion with science. . .
Re: Who Sinned First, Satan Or Adam ? by Nobody: 12:02am On Oct 01, 2013
macof: see this confused individual that just said he's set free from death. U Christians really have problems, the biggest of them is confusion.
you seem to know little about the christian faith my friend.
Re: Who Sinned First, Satan Or Adam ? by Nobody: 12:04am On Oct 01, 2013
Mr Troll: Have FAITH in the EVIDENCE. undecided
this is what happens when you try to mix religion with science. . .
you misunderstand. I'm tired of speaking big english abeg. Goodnight nwokem.
Re: Who Sinned First, Satan Or Adam ? by macof(m): 7:35am On Oct 01, 2013
Chibuebem: you seem to know little about the christian faith my friend.
I was a Christian all my life, if u knew how devoted I was u wouldn't say that. So stop leading Africans astray with this evil religion
Re: Who Sinned First, Satan Or Adam ? by Nobody: 8:58am On Oct 01, 2013
N
macof: I was a Christian all my life, if u knew how devoted I was u wouldn't say that. So stop leading Africans astray with this evil religion
I don't think you were ever a christian sir. Being a christian is being saved from sin. Having eternal life. If you were never saved from sin, God was never in your life.

Edit: most people ask for evidence of God. This is the evidence. You see it in people's lives. Salvation from sin. That's the real miracle Christ did for mankind.
If you're still too faithless to believe after you see salvation in man. I pray God might indulge you.
Re: Who Sinned First, Satan Or Adam ? by Nobody: 9:03am On Oct 01, 2013
Solozzo:

Adam did not die on the day he ate the fruit. He lived to 930years of age. In genesis 2:17 God said "....on the day you eat of it you would surely die" A mere threat to deter them from eating/acquiring knowledge, just like you would threaten a child. god knew that that knowledge would make them like Gods. The snake (wisdom) revealed the secret to Eve knowing she is more receptive as the mother of the living.

God also knew the knowledge would help adam and eve find the tree of life. So he hid the tree and placed angels to guard it. It is this knowledge that has brought about civilization, scientific invention, democracy and justice to mankind as well as divine love and understanding over the centuries.

No where in genesis is it stated that man was created originally to live forever before adam ate the fruit . He was made mortal, from the dust of the earth, and such subject to death like every animal. The tree of life would have been a poisonous reward considering it would have been given to Adam in exchange for obsequiousness, stupidity and mental retardation, ie a naked ape for ever
adam died you see. He lost eternal life the moment he ate that fruit. He was seperated from God. Spiritual death. The bible speaks of 3 kinds of death.
Spiritual death
Physical death
Eternal death
Re: Who Sinned First, Satan Or Adam ? by macof(m): 10:35am On Oct 01, 2013
Chibuebem: NI don't think you were ever a christian sir. Being a christian is being saved from sin. Having eternal life. If you were never saved from sin, God was never in your life.

Edit: most people ask for evidence of God. This is the evidence. You see it in people's lives. Salvation from sin. That's the real miracle Christ did for mankind.
If you're still too faithless to believe after you see salvation in man. I pray God might indulge you.
Christians don't worship God, they worship a dead Jew. U can't know God until u know urself And
Being a Christian is simply- "following Christ". And until u die u can't be free from the temptations of evil. It's human nature. That is why morality is preached. God is in every life.
Re: Who Sinned First, Satan Or Adam ? by macof(m): 10:43am On Oct 01, 2013
Chibuebem: adam died you see. He lost eternal life the moment he ate that fruit. He was seperated from God. Spiritual death. The bible speaks of 3 kinds of death.
Spiritual death
Physical death
Eternal death
there's no such thing has spiritual death. Only our flesh is liable to die. Our souls return to God
Re: Who Sinned First, Satan Or Adam ? by mazaje(m): 2:03pm On Oct 01, 2013
Image123:

I am not saying, the bible says he did not have the knowledge of good and evil before he ate the fruit of knowledge. . .How was adam the most intelligent man when he did not know anything?. . .According to the story god had to sew cloths for them before driving them out of the garden. . .The OT is a Jewish book, they invented the stories and wrote it down before the christians came and usurped it and gave it their own meaning and interpretations. . .
Re: Who Sinned First, Satan Or Adam ? by macof(m): 2:32pm On Oct 01, 2013
mazaje:

I am not saying, the bible says he did not have the knowledge of good and evil before he ate the fruit of knowledge. . .How was adam the most intelligent man when he did not know anything?. . .According to the story god had to sew cloths for them before driving them out of the garden. . .The OT is a Jewish book, they invented the stories and wrote it down before the christians came and usurped it and gave it their own meaning and interpretations. . .
the moment when u make up a story and make no big deal out of it, but some foreign folks take it as their life
Re: Who Sinned First, Satan Or Adam ? by mazaje(m): 2:39pm On Oct 01, 2013
macof: the moment when u make up a story and make no big deal out of it, but some foreign folks take it as their life

I tire, i was taken aback when i discovered that the Jews that invented the story have a very different interpretation of the eden story from the christian usurpers. . .I laugh when i see Africans that KNOW NOTHING about the stories deluding themselves with ridiculous and asinine explanation over something they KNOW NOTHING about. . . .

3 Likes

Re: Who Sinned First, Satan Or Adam ? by Image123(m): 3:43pm On Oct 01, 2013
mazaje:

The Bible does not say that Abraham was ignorant or stu.pid. It says in parallel that they did not take from the tree of life. In your understanding, they have no life since they have not eaten of the tree of life. But we all know that they lived for many years. The point refused to et is that the life in the tree of life, and the knwledge of good and evil in the tree of knowledge of good and evil are not the literal life and knowledge that we are accustomed to.
i said Adam was A most intelligent man, please read carefully and properly. He had the intellience to maintain a garden of edenic quality with a size irrigated by four rivers. That would take a lot of intellience and automation today, and yet two people cannot manage yet, i'm sure. It tkes intellience to name all the animals, how many have you named in your life?
You forgot tat Adam and Eve sewed cloths from plants?
Is it the people you met that invented the story and wrote it down?
Re: Who Sinned First, Satan Or Adam ? by mazaje(m): 3:47pm On Oct 01, 2013
Image123:

The Bible does not say that Abraham was ignorant or stu.pid. It says in parallel that they did not take from the tree of life. In your understanding, they have no life since they have not eaten of the tree of life. But we all know that they lived for many years. The point refused to et is that the life in the tree of life, and the knwledge of good and evil in the tree of knowledge of good and evil are not the literal life and knowledge that we are accustomed to.
i said Adam was A most intelligent man, please read carefully and properly. He had the intellience to maintain a garden of edenic quality with a size irrigated by four rivers. That would take a lot of intellience and automation today, and yet two people cannot manage yet, i'm sure. It tkes intellience to name all the animals, how many have you named in your life?

Now you have resulted to lying for Jesus eh?. . .Where in the bible does it say that Adam maintained any part of the garden? Remember according to the story they had everything at the garden and the ground was cursed only after they ate the fruit. . .Pls show where it was written that Adam maintained anything from the bible or take your drivel somewhere else. . .Why are the same animals given different names in different languages if the mythical Adam named them all?. . .Was it the mythical Adam that named the dinosaur and the sharks?. .Pls don;t be ridiculous pls. . .The people that invented the story were Jews and not even christians. . .
Re: Who Sinned First, Satan Or Adam ? by macof(m): 3:50pm On Oct 01, 2013
Image123:

ur brain be beans. Adam named all the animals? In wat language? U mean to tell me he named cat cat, and elephant elephant?

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

What Do Jehovah's Witnesses Have Against Catholics / How Best Can You Describe The Holy Trinity/Godhead / Rev. Fr. Timothy Ngwuta Released On Bail

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.