Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,131 members, 7,818,393 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:16 PM

Who Sinned First, Satan Or Adam ? - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Who Sinned First, Satan Or Adam ? (18787 Views)

Can God Forgive Satan Or Can Satan Ask For Forgiveness? / Satan Or Serpent:Who Was Cursed? / Lucifer Is Not Satan Or The Devil (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Sinned First, Satan Or Adam ? by MrTroll(m): 10:14am On Sep 28, 2013
@chibuebem, your response to my post was too long to quote. . .

I'm sure you realise that what this discussion is really about is to show how the christian theology of inherited sin or imperfection is unreasonable and unjust. It is not a discussion to argue whether we sin or not or whether we want to convert. Not all religions have this concept of sin and redemption as preached by the bible, so i'm afraid your response was slightly misplaced wink
Re: Who Sinned First, Satan Or Adam ? by trolling(m): 10:38am On Sep 28, 2013
Mr Troll: @chibuebem, your response to my post was too long to quote. . .

I'm sure you realise that what this discussion is really about is to show how the christian theology of inherited sin or imperfection is unreasonable and unjust. It is not a discussion to argue whether we sin or not or whether we want to convert. Not all religions have this concept of sin and redemption as preached by the bible, so i'm afraid your response was slightly misplaced wink
let me make it really simple for you guys, God's create good and evil, now let me show you a mystery, evil and good was created to battle, and our Almighty Yah wants to see good and evil in action, and watch good conquer evil as for why sin was created, there are so many other reasons why it was created but I'll list one, mind you Yah don't do evil, He creates it and His demons carry it out, now back to why evil was created, one of the reasons was for good to redeem us from evil, O can go on and on but I'd like to keep the mysteries for my peeps
Re: Who Sinned First, Satan Or Adam ? by ReubenAbati: 10:44am On Sep 28, 2013
laclass:

To find out who committed it first i will like you to reason small with me from the scriptures and correct your insinuation my brother.This is the reason.It all started this way, When Satan led Adam and Eve into disobeying Jehovah, an important question was raised. Satan did not call into question Jehovah’s power. Even Satan knows that there is no limit to Jehovah’s power. Rather, Satan questioned Jehovah’s right to rule. By calling God a liar who withholds good from his subjects, Satan charged that Jehovah is a bad ruler. (Genesis 3:2-5) Satan implied that mankind would be better off without God’s ruler-ship. This was an attack on Jehovah’s sovereignty, his right to rule.

Adam and Eve rebelled against Jehovah. In effect, they said: “We do not need Jehovah as our Ruler. We can decide for ourselves what is right and what is wrong.” How could Jehovah settle that issue? How could he teach all intelligent creatures that the rebels were wrong and that his way truly is best? Someone might say that God should simply have destroyed the rebels and made a fresh start. But Jehovah had stated his purpose to fill the earth with the offspring of Adam and Eve, and he wanted them to live in an earthly paradise. (Genesis 1:28) Jehovah always fulfills his purposes. (Isaiah 55:10, 11) Besides that, getting rid of the rebels in Eden would not have answered the question that had been raised regarding Jehovah’s right to rule.

Let us consider an illustration. Imagine that a teacher is telling his students how to solve a difficult problem. A clever but rebellious student claims that the teacher’s way of solving the problem is wrong. Implying that the teacher is not capable, this rebel insists that he knows a much better way to solve the problem. Some students think that he is right, and they also become rebellious. What should the teacher do? If he throws the rebels out of the class, what will be the effect on the other students? Will they not believe that their fellow student and those who joined him are right? All the other students in the class might lose respect for the teacher, thinking that he is afraid of being proved wrong. But suppose that the teacher allows the rebel to show the class how he would solve the problem.
Jehovah has done something similar to what the teacher does. Remember that the rebels in Eden were not the only ones involved. Millions of angels were watching. (Job 38:7; Daniel 7:10) How Jehovah handled the rebellion would greatly affect all those angels and eventually all intelligent creation. So, what has Jehovah done? He has allowed Satan to show how he would rule mankind. God has also allowed humans to govern themselves under Satan’s guidance.

The teacher in our illustration knows that the rebel and the students on his side are wrong. But he also knows that allowing them the opportunity to try to prove their point will benefit the whole class. When the rebels fail, all honest students will see that the teacher is the only one qualified to lead the class. They will understand why the teacher thereafter removes any rebels from the class. Similarly, Jehovah knows that all honest hearted humans and angels will benefit from seeing that Satan and his fellow rebels have failed and that humans cannot govern themselves. Like Jeremiah of old, they will learn this vital truth: “I well know, O Jehovah, that to earthling man his way does not belong. It does not belong to man who is walking even to direct his step.”—Jeremiah 10:23.

I actually 'liked' and enjoyed this post.

However, since you know well about what you're explaining, will you care to explain further on the bolded with relations to the Noah's Deluge.

Also, check out these wikipedia links :

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Noah_in_rabbinic_literature

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Epic_of_Gilgamesh

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flood_myth

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islamic_view_of_Noah

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gilgamesh_flood_myth

Complications and confusions, I tell you!
Re: Who Sinned First, Satan Or Adam ? by trolling(m): 10:52am On Sep 28, 2013
You pagan Christians be trying to figure out the mysteries given to Israel's Elect, lailai e no fit happen, continue to worship your sun-god on Sunday which is the day of the Sun, questions for you Christians who is the son of the morning, now that let you know what you guys worship
Re: Who Sinned First, Satan Or Adam ? by Nobody: 11:06am On Sep 28, 2013
I am a Muslim. Astagafirlah. .In my own small sense,I ask myself does Satan really exists? If yes,why didnt God wipe Him out immediately so to save the human race many heartaches?

2 Likes

Re: Who Sinned First, Satan Or Adam ? by haibe(m): 11:07am On Sep 28, 2013
trolling: You pagan Christians be trying to figure out the mysteries given to Israel's Elect, lailai e no fit happen, continue to worship your sun-god on Sunday which is the day of the Sun, questions for you Christians who is the son of the morning, now that let you know what you guys worship

are you a jew?
Re: Who Sinned First, Satan Or Adam ? by MrTroll(m): 11:07am On Sep 28, 2013
trolling: let me make it really simple for you guys, God's create good and evil, now let me show you a mystery, evil and good was created to battle, and our Almighty Yah wants to see good and evil in action, and watch good conquer evil as for why sin was created, there are so many other reasons why it was created but I'll list one, mind you Yah don't do evil, He creates it and His demons carry it out, now back to why evil was created, one of the reasons was for good to redeem us from evil, O can go on and on but I'd like to keep the mysteries for my peeps
So basically, we are in a game? Like greek mythology? Lol. Pls keep the mysteries for your peeps wink
Re: Who Sinned First, Satan Or Adam ? by haibe(m): 11:10am On Sep 28, 2013
sanniemoe: I am a Muslim. Astagafirlah. .In my own small sense,I ask myself does Satan really exists? If yes,why didnt God wipe Him out immediately so to save the human race many heartaches?

like I said in a previous post, God has a plan and that's why he allowed so many things we can't comprehend, let's just stick to his plan, we will get to know the reasons when we meet Him.

This is the plain truth but it seems a lot of people just disagree with me on this, people like VULCAN.

but I will advise that we take God's plan of salvation through Jesus, he will eventually reveal a lot to us.
Re: Who Sinned First, Satan Or Adam ? by Judas2013: 11:11am On Sep 28, 2013
Reuben.Abati:

However, since you know well about what you're explaining, will you care to explain further on the bolded with relations to the Noah's Deluge.

The epic of Gilgamesh seem to me the original story of the bible flood. There are stories of flood in several other civilisations which were not recorded. The writers of the bible just happened to compile books from different civilisations to make a whole story.

There was not mention of hell fire in the Old Testament,hell wasn't used to threaten people to do good until the New Testament was written.
King david of the bible committed more atrocities than Adam,yet he was a friend of God.....how funnysmiley
Re: Who Sinned First, Satan Or Adam ? by haibe(m): 11:15am On Sep 28, 2013
Mr Troll: So basically, we are in a game? Like greek mythology? Lol. Pls keep the mysteries for your peeps wink

Not a game, God has a plan for mankind beyond our comprehension, let's just accept his plan of salvation.
Re: Who Sinned First, Satan Or Adam ? by trolling(m): 11:23am On Sep 28, 2013
haibe:

are you a jew?
You already know, I'm of the house of Judah, just as my people scattered all over the world for their disobedience to Yah, He exiled us from the land for this same paganistic ways we observe today
Re: Who Sinned First, Satan Or Adam ? by trolling(m): 11:26am On Sep 28, 2013
Mr Troll: So basically, we are in a game? Like greek mythology? Lol. Pls keep the mysteries for your peeps wink
I surely keep it, cast not your pearls before swine
Re: Who Sinned First, Satan Or Adam ? by Nobody: 11:50am On Sep 28, 2013
Mr Troll: @chibuebem, your response to my post was too long to quote. . .

ok. But the bible, and even nature shows clearly that the SINFUL NATURE(not sin sir, the sinful nature. The nature that makes one tend to sin, even enjoy it, as plaetton has admitted) is what we have as humans. It's nature sir. And you can't blame God for it. I don't know why you guys are always trying to discredit God. You should get to know him as he is first, then ask him your questions. No use bickering from afar. And Sir, there is a law, whether we acknowledge it or not, its Inherent in our conscience, and this law is of God. When we break it we're guilty.
Re: Who Sinned First, Satan Or Adam ? by Nobody: 11:52am On Sep 28, 2013
Reuben.Abati:

I like the illustration he gave too.
Re: Who Sinned First, Satan Or Adam ? by Nobody: 11:58am On Sep 28, 2013
Mr Troll: This here, is trying to deflect the blame unto 'nature'. I thought you guys always argued that all the laws of nature were actually put in place by God? So if its a law of nature then it means that your god simply made it so. And we are back to the fact that it is Yahweh who made it so, the fact that we all had to inherit Adams imperfection.

So in other words, Yahweh is willing to cure us of our defect which was inherited from Adam through a law in which he(Yahweh) instituted. Great!

Lol. My friend, you seem to be implying that the laws of nature should have been different. By all means, tell me why and what configuration they would have taken to be better.
Re: Who Sinned First, Satan Or Adam ? by MrTroll(m): 12:11pm On Sep 28, 2013
Chibuebem: ok. But the bible, and even nature shows clearly that the SINFUL NATURE(not sin sir, the sinful nature. The nature that makes one tend to sin, even enjoy it, as plaetton has admitted) is what we have as humans. It's nature sir. And you can't blame God for it. I don't know why you guys are always trying to discredit God. You should get to know him as he is first, then ask him your questions. No use bickering from afar. And Sir, there is a law, whether we acknowledge it or not, its Inherent in our conscience, and this law is of God. When we break it we're guilty.
you call it sinful nature. We call it just being human. You see, while you claim that the human nature is imperfect because of sin and needs to be made perfect, we contend that this your notion of sin is just an explanation for something we cannot fathom and is not different from other religious notions out there. Have you heard of Pandora's box?
We also go further to tell you that your concept of a just and all powerful omniscient god does not fit in well with your explanation.

Get this my guy, the concept of sin and redemption is a religious concept and it doesn't make sense to a non religious person. This seems to be our sore point. . .

1 Like

Re: Who Sinned First, Satan Or Adam ? by MrTroll(m): 12:14pm On Sep 28, 2013
Ihedinobi:

Lol. My friend, you seem to be implying that the laws of nature should have been different. By all means, tell me why and what configuration they would have taken to be better.
oh no you misunderstand. What i'm implying is that a perfectly good and just omnipotent and omniscient god if he exists should have done better. Nature as it is now is sometimes cruel and unjust but if we want to ascribe it to some supernatural entity then it should do better. . . Gerrit? wink
Re: Who Sinned First, Satan Or Adam ? by Solozzo(m): 12:33pm On Sep 28, 2013
The gnostic Christians who were declared heretics and banned by the Catholic Church, had as early as the first and second centuries had brooded on similar issues and by intuition and comparative study of the new and old testaments of the bible,came up with an innovative explanation of the genesis story.. I will summarize briefly below. Interested readers can read the secret book of John for details available online

- YHWH, Jehovah or the LORD is different from the Father revealed by Jesus Christ
- YHWH is a subordinate deity who is unaware of the Father, who created the imperfect universe by imitation of the perfect world. He is the son of one of the aeons called Sophia, he was born out of ignorance and desire and ignorant of the holy ones.he is arrogant boastful, loves fire and boasted there is no other god I am a jealous god"

- adam was created by YHWH with the aim of providing he and his angels light in the chaotic world they lived and when he and his angels noticed adam has a clearer way of thinking with enlightened insight he was repatriated to the earth, made mortal, with the aim of making him forgetful of the father and live like a naked ignorant ape for ever.

- YHWH did not want Adam to acquire knowledge or be like a god, he threatened him with death if he eats of the fruit of knowledge of good and evil.
-
The snake represents wisdom, revealed the truth to Adam and Eve and encouraged them to eat the fruit. They gained knowledge, realizing they werunclad with fear of YHWH.
- YHWH even said " behold man has become like one of us knowing good and evil, least he find the tree if life to live for ever" he threw them out of paradise and clothed them with forgetfulness of the father. They would have to work for their food, introduced the idea of woman being subject to man and in anger punished the future generations of Adam and Eve.

-Christ mission was to redeem us from the clutches of jealousy of YHWH and lead us the true God the father who is perfect, incorruptible and omniscience, and all forgiving.

So an answer to the OP question is that God's imperfections led to creation of an imperfect universe and that Adam and their offsprings were victims of YHWH's megalomania and ignorance.
Re: Who Sinned First, Satan Or Adam ? by Nobody: 12:50pm On Sep 28, 2013
Mr Troll: Have you heard of Pandora's box?
Get this my guy, the concept of sin and redemption is a religious concept and it doesn't make sense to a non religious person. This seems to be our sore point. . .
I get what you're saying. I'm trying to make it make sense to you. To everybody. That's why I preach.
you call it sinful nature. We call it just being human. You see, while you claim that the human nature is imperfect because of sin and needs to be made perfect, we contend that this your notion of sin is just an explanation for something we cannot fathom and is not different from other religious notions out there.
Being human does not justify sin sir. You know that. We all do. God demands perfection. Especially in these days when its a readily available gift. And sin is not something that we cannot fathom sir, infact sin binds us together under fear and guilt and darkness. The fact that we're guilty of sin makes all men hush before God. It's not unfathomable. This is not about religious notions, infact, its what makes all religious notions, from islam to buddism, to judaism, to even those who claim 'christianity' with fault and hopeless and guilty. Once a man sees clearly, he understands he is guilty of sin. Of wrong doing. And some people try to make it(sin, wrong doing) natural, they end up in deeper perversion. They enjoy sin and don't want to answer to God or anybody for that matter. They want to be 'free'. God has provided a way, but they refuse his way. He leaves them to wallow in sin and answer to him on judgement day. That's the tale of the world today.
We also go further to tell you that your concept of a just and all powerful omniscient god does not fit in well with your explanation.

how does it not fit in?
Re: Who Sinned First, Satan Or Adam ? by zealed64: 1:35pm On Sep 28, 2013
finepedro30: Did God create sin?"

God created the universe in six days, but, originally, the universe had no sin—everything He made was “very good” (Genesis 1:31). Sin entered the cosmos due to an act of rebellion against God, not because God created sin.

We need to define “sin.” First John 3:4 says, “Everyone who sins breaks the law; in fact, sin is lawlessness.” Sin, therefore, is any violation of God’s holy law. Romans 3:23 says, “For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God.” According to this verse, sin is anything (words, thoughts, actions, and motivations) that falls short of God’s glory and perfection. All of us sin. Romans 3:23 also teaches that we must know the character of God before we can accurately define sin, because His glory is the standard by which we measure it (Psalm 119:160; John 17:17). Without a perfect standard, there is no way to determine whether something is imperfect. Without the absolute standard of God’s glory, every word or action would be judged by the faulty, shifting standard of imperfect people. Every rule, law, and moral tenet would become a matter of opinion. And man’s opinion is as varied and changeable as the weather.

If a builder builds upon a foundation that is not square, he risks the integrity of the entire project. The building does not get better as it goes up; it gets weaker and more out of line. However, when the starting point is perfect, the rest of the structure will be sound. Moral foundations work the same way. Without God’s moral law, we have no way of knowing right from wrong. Sin is moving away from what is right. The further we get from God’s moral standard, the worse the sin becomes.

God created men and angels with a free will, and, if a being has a free will, there is at least the potential that he will choose badly. The potential for sin was a risk God took. He created human beings in His image, and, since He is free, humans were created free, too (Genesis 1:27). Free will involves the ability to choose, and, after God communicated the moral standard, He gave the man a true choice (Genesis 2:16). Adam chose disobedience. God did not tempt, coerce, or lure Adam into disobedience. James 1:13 says, “When tempted, no one should say, ‘God is tempting me.’ For God cannot be tempted by evil, nor does he tempt anyone.” God allowed Adam the dignity of free choice and honored that choice with appropriate consequences (Romans 5:12).

God provided the opportunity to sin, but He did not create or instigate sin. Having the opportunity was good; without it, human beings would be little more than robots. God commands, pleads, and encourages us to follow Him (Exodus 19:5; Deuteronomy 12:28; 1 Samuel 15:22). He promises blessings, fellowship, and protection when we obey (Jeremiah 7:23; Psalm 115:11; Luke 11:28). But He does not chain us. God did not put a fence around the forbidden tree in the Garden of Eden. Adam and Eve had freedom to choose obedience or disobedience. When they chose sin, they also chose the consequences that went with it (Genesis 3:16–24).

The same has been true for every human being since. The opportunity to sin is inherent in our freedom of choice. We can choose to seek God, which leads to righteous living (Jeremiah 29:13; 2 Timothy 2:19). Or we can choose to follow our own inclinations, which lead away from God (Proverbs 16:5). The Bible is clear that, whatever path we choose, consequences follow. We reap what we sow (Galatians 6:7). Some consequences are eternal. Matthew 25:46 says that those who do not follow Jesus “will go away into everlasting punishment, but the righteous to eternal life.”

God judges people (Ecclesiastes 12:14) and nations (Micah 5:15) who use their free will to rebel against Him. God did not and does not create sin, nor does He delight in punishing those who choose to sin (Ezekiel 33:11). His desire is that all come to repentance and experience the blessing and joy of eternal life with Him (2 Peter 3:9)

Your write up is good...but, the part where u wrote god has nothing to do with sin seems not true....what about when God gave satan the right/permission to wipe out JOB's wealth, made him suffer, struck him with sickness...just to break job to curse god(sin)..."to me god aided satan to make job sin".....of course despite all that job remained faithful.

(Well, hope my summary corresponds to what is in the bible)
Re: Who Sinned First, Satan Or Adam ? by MrTroll(m): 1:47pm On Sep 28, 2013
Chibuebem: I get what you're saying. I'm trying to make it make sense to you. To everybody. That's why I preach.
ok. You de try. . .

Being human does not justify sin sir. You know that. We all do. God demands perfection. Especially in these days when its a readily available gift. And sin is not something that we cannot fathom sir, infact sin binds us together under fear and guilt and darkness. The fact that we're guilty of sin makes all men hush before God. It's not unfathomable. This is not about religious notions, infact, its what makes all religious notions, from islam to buddism, to judaism, to even those who claim 'christianity' with fault and hopeless and guilty. Once a man sees clearly, he understands he is guilty of sin. Of wrong doing. And some people try to make it(sin, wrong doing) natural, they end up in deeper perversion. They enjoy sin and don't want to answer to God or anybody for that matter. They want to be 'free'. God has provided a way, but they refuse his way. He leaves them to wallow in sin and answer to him on judgement day. That's the tale of the world today.
You are not getting it. . .
What i said is unfathomable is the age old puzzle why humans are not perfect, not sin. I understand the christian concept of sin, which is sometimes ridiculous and very different from the concept of good and evil. You didn't answer my question on whether you've heard about Pandora's box. That is another mythological explanation for the evils in this world just like the Adam and Eve story. All through the ages, man has always wondered on the problem of evil, why we are not perfect etc. The adam story is just one of many and has its own short comings. . .This is what we are trying to show here.

how does it not fit in?
now take a moment to ponder this. . .

An omniscient god creates 2 humans and puts them into a garden. . . He then plants a tree of good and evil in their midst(what for?) and tells them not to eat of it(tree should just be bearing magical fruits, falling down and getting rotten for all eternity). Meanwhile he didn't warn them of a cunning talking(cheesy) serpent who would try to make them disobey him. . . Said humans don't even know difference between good and evil so of course they wouldn't know whether what they are doing would be bad. . . After eating said magical fruit twice!(where was the omnipresent god then?), they now know what good and evil is(which to me is a good thing). . . But the omniscient god is inexplicably very angry that they disobeyed him(something he should have known before creating them) and punishes them severely including their unborn generation(presumably, said magical fruit has some mutagenic properties that makes perfectly formed cells to get old and die with time and also affects the sex cells toocheesy) unless said unborn generations will accept the redemption of his son whom he sent to earth to be killed as a sacrifice(why does he like blood sacrifices sef) to himself in order to forgive us and make us free from said imperfection which the magical fruit eaten by adam some thousand years ago caused.cheesy
so this is the christian version. . . Tell me it all makes perfect sense to you undecided
Re: Who Sinned First, Satan Or Adam ? by Nobody: 1:53pm On Sep 28, 2013
Mr Troll: oh no you misunderstand. What i'm implying is that a perfectly good and just omnipotent and omniscient god if he exists should have done better. Nature as it is now is sometimes cruel and unjust but if we want to ascribe it to some supernatural entity then it should do better. . . Gerrit? wink

But in saying so, you only confirm that there is something definite that you consider better, not cruel and just. I would have you describe it so that we see just how God failed. For example, perhaps you think nature would be better if offspring did not derive from their forebears? If that is an apt description of your thought, then my question is what would offspring be if they did not spring off from something?

Understand my point please. If you think that God being perfect, omnipotent, all-wise, supernatural should have done better, you should be able to explain what is wrong with what He has done and advance some theory for how it could be better.
Re: Who Sinned First, Satan Or Adam ? by plaetton: 2:40pm On Sep 28, 2013
haibe:

Not a game, God has a plan for mankind beyond our comprehension, let's just accept his plan of salvation.

Pure bull*#* .
Same kind of plan he had for Adam, I suppose?
And also, that plan can only manifest after you die, right?
How very convenient.
If god's plan only take effect after death, then why does anyone bother with god while still alive?
And also, why aren't god lovers comitting suicide every second to meet up with god.?
Re: Who Sinned First, Satan Or Adam ? by haibe(m): 2:54pm On Sep 28, 2013
plaetton:

Pure bull*#* .
Same kind of plan he had for Adam, I suppose?
And also, that plan can only manifest after you die, right?
How very convenient.
If god's plan only take effect after death, then why does anyone bother with god while still alive?
And also, why aren't god lovers comitting suicide every second up meet with god.

the amount of ignorance you possess is alarming, I told you in another thread to learn about christianity before you just come to post nonsense but you won't listen. After you have grasp a better understanding you can then come to place the argument you have against Christianity.
Re: Who Sinned First, Satan Or Adam ? by plaetton: 3:01pm On Sep 28, 2013
haibe:

the amount of ignorance you possess is alarming, I told you in another thread to learn about christianity before you just come to post nonsense but you won't listen. After you have grasp a better understanding you can then come to place the argument you have against Christianity.

slowpoke.
First you said I should first believe before understanding, now, you are saying that I should learn and understand first.

Which one na?
Are you confused?

1 Like

Re: Who Sinned First, Satan Or Adam ? by plaetton: 3:06pm On Sep 28, 2013
haibe:

And since the birth of christianity till the present, when many have accepted this plan of salvation, why hasn't the grand plan manifested yet?
And what about all those that have passed away while still waiting, did they wait in vain?
Re: Who Sinned First, Satan Or Adam ? by plaetton: 3:15pm On Sep 28, 2013
haibe:

like I said in a previous post, God has a plan and that's why he allowed so many things we can't comprehend, let's just stick to his plan, we will get to know the reasons when we meet Him.

This is so unbelievably moronic.
Let me try to understand it one at a time.

1.God has a plan wink
2. But he allowed so many things we can't comprehend(understand) angry
3. But let's just stick with the plan(which we can't understand) shocked
4. We will get to know the reasons when we meet him(when we die).

And this is religion in a nutshell? undecided
Hhhmmm!

Wow!
Perfect case of mental anorexia as a result of brain atrophy, caused by religious enslavement.

Comrade,
You should donate your brain to medical research. It would benefit society greatly if we could use your brain to figure out the causes of brain atrophy in adults.

1 Like

Re: Who Sinned First, Satan Or Adam ? by mazaje(m): 6:13pm On Sep 28, 2013
Ihedinobi:

The Bible said that? Where, if you please?

Regardless, what punishment are you talking about? How much intelligence is required to know that if A is God and He tells you not to do X, then you should not do X even if B who is not God tells you to do it? And if God has said that doing X brings Y consequence, would He still be God and faithful if it didn't? Why should God lie?

The bible clearly says they did not know the difference between right and wrong before they ate the apple they only knew it after they had eaten the fruit . . .Here is bible god speaking after they had eaten from the tree according to the story. . .

Gen 3:22
And the LORD God said, “The man has now become like one of us, knowing good and evil. He must not be allowed to reach out his hand and take also from the tree of life and eat, and live forever.”

Bible god decided to drive them out of the garden after knowing good from evil so that they will not eat from the tree of life and live forever. . .
Re: Who Sinned First, Satan Or Adam ? by zealed64: 7:07pm On Sep 28, 2013
sanniemoe: I am a Muslim. Astagafirlah. .In my own small sense,I ask myself does Satan really exists? If yes,why didnt God wipe Him out immediately so to save the human race many heartaches?

i dont know much of islam, but please in the koran is there any person that plays the role of satan in the bible?... also is there a place like hades, that await people who offend(sin) allah?
Re: Who Sinned First, Satan Or Adam ? by Nobody: 7:16pm On Sep 28, 2013
haibe:

This is the plain truth but it seems a lot of people just disagree with me on this, people like VULCAN.

but I will advise that we take God's plan of salvation through Jesus, he will eventually reveal a lot to us.

lol.. U wanna know the truth,NO MAN WILL EVER SEE GOD. Not even Jesus has or will ever see or met God in person. Thats a task bigger than any being. I feel the whole thing is for us to accept life as it is and live without being questioned
Re: Who Sinned First, Satan Or Adam ? by Sagamite(m): 7:22pm On Sep 28, 2013
Leo Adewale:
Gat no time proving the truth to bird-brain nincompoop like u. It's a wastage of time (remember time waits for nobody). Only jobless people would take their time to prove the truth to u. Dweeb!

You are a person!

What you lack is not time, it is the brain. Wastage of cells.
Re: Who Sinned First, Satan Or Adam ? by Nobody: 7:35pm On Sep 28, 2013
zealed64:

i dont know much of islam, but please in the koran is there any person that plays the role of satan in the bible?... also is there a place like hades, that await people who offend(sin) allah?

Yes,there is a being who plays the role of Satan in the role. his name is Iblis or Shaytan. Thats the reason for Muslims to chant "AWUSU BILAHI MINA SHAYTANI RAHEEM"....
& Yes,there is a place like Hades in the Quran.. Its called Jaa'namah.. its got 7layers,just like we got 7seas and all. Each layer's hotness depends on how heavy one's sin is. Forget what U hear bout that 77virgins and all,if any man should kill his fellow man deliberately,he will be judged as a murderer

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

10 Ways To Live A More Spiritual Life / What Do Jehovah's Witnesses Have Against Catholics / 3 Reasons We Need Jesus In Our Marriages And Our Lives

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 115
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.