Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,114 members, 7,818,320 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:35 PM

Who Sinned First, Satan Or Adam ? - Religion (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Who Sinned First, Satan Or Adam ? (18785 Views)

Can God Forgive Satan Or Can Satan Ask For Forgiveness? / Satan Or Serpent:Who Was Cursed? / Lucifer Is Not Satan Or The Devil (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Sinned First, Satan Or Adam ? by mazaje(m): 8:27pm On Sep 29, 2013
Ihedinobi:

The bolded is all we need. Do you suppose they had at least that much intelligence?

What point did you intend to make with the rest of your post?

I can tell my 2 years old baby not to play with a loaded guy because it can kill him. . .The baby will be intelligent to know the instruction i am giving him, because clearly i do not want him to do something. . .But the baby is not expected to fully know what disobedience is because he doesn't know what it means to be disobedient at that age. . .That is why as a parent if you tell your 2 years old baby not to play with a loaded gun and still leave the loaded gun with the child people will blame you if anything goes wrong. . .Adam and eve didnt know what it means to be disobedient because they did not even know that it was wrong to disobey the bible god according to the story. . .
Re: Who Sinned First, Satan Or Adam ? by Nobody: 8:35pm On Sep 29, 2013
mazaje:

I can tell my 2 years old baby not to play with a loaded guy because it can kill him. . .The baby will be intelligent to know the instruction i am giving him, because clearly i do not want him to do something. . .But the baby is not expected to fully know what disobedience is because he doesn't know what it means to be disobedient at that age. . .That is why as a parent if you tell your 2 years old baby not to play with a loaded gun and still leave the loaded gun with the child people will blame you if anything goes wrong. . .Adam and eve didnt know what it means to be disobedient because they did not even know that it was wrong to disobey the bible god according to the story. . .

Mazaje, I asked a simple question. "Do you suppose that they had at least that much intelligence?" Answer that before leaping into what they knew and didn't know and were responsible for.
Re: Who Sinned First, Satan Or Adam ? by mazaje(m): 8:54pm On Sep 29, 2013
Ihedinobi:

Mazaje, I asked a simple question. "Do you suppose that they had at least that much intelligence?" Answer that before leaping into what they knew and didn't know and were responsible for.

Sure they had it, but intelligence is not enough since they didn't know the difference between right and wrong according to the story that was why i gave my analogy with the baby. . .
Re: Who Sinned First, Satan Or Adam ? by careidon: 8:59pm On Sep 29, 2013
I believe the bible answered the question in 1 Tim 2:4.

I suppose Paul's understanding there was that the woman was decieved but the man made a willful choice to go with his wife and not God (lets not go into man having always loved the woman. But talk of true love). Seems as passed around that the bible account, Adam came back, saw whatz become of Eve who has eaten by that time, knew the commandment (because it was given to him directly earlier) and made his choice! Noooooooo. Reading Gen 3:6 Adam was with her!! (NIV or simple versions)

"And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression" 1 Tim 2;14
also rememeber
2 Cor 11: 3 -- But I fear, lest somehow, as the serpent deceived Eve by his craftiness, so your minds may be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ.

2 Cor 10:13 -- No temptation has overtaken you except such as is common to man; but God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able,

Am more surprised most pple here didnt emphasize the tree of life that was "in the midst of the garden" that they also (preferably) have aten of...to have true God-type-of-life. or even appreciate having free will. Seems most if in God's place would prefer to be worshiped out of fear or as robots and not of appreciative free will.

@Laclass -- nice explanation (the late R.B Thieme has went deep into that too, consider getting his book "Angelic Conflict"wink

I think or wld suggest to peeps here that we are just a little part of God's creation. Why HE favoured to use us (humans) to showcase his righteousness/judgement in handling satan' rebellion is HIS perogative and should be taken as a privilege to us and not a right to question HIM.
Re: Who Sinned First, Satan Or Adam ? by Nobody: 9:28pm On Sep 29, 2013
mazaje:

Sure they had it, but intelligence is not enough since they didn't know the difference between right and wrong according to the story that was why i gave my analogy with the baby. . .

If you agree that they did have enough intelligence to pass the test, then you also agree that their failure was on them not God. That destroys your complaint about knowing right and wrong.

They were not in an exam querying them on what was right and what was wrong anymore than your 2-year old baby is in one asking him what guns are. The situation was not beyond their capacity. Loaded guns are beyond a 2-year old's capacity. Adam and Eve knew Who God was. They knew what He said and what would happen if they disobeyed. When Satan came and made his argument, the question before them was not "is it right or wrong to obey God in spite of what Satan says?" It was "shall I do as God said or as Satan said?" Simple. Whichever they chose to do, the consequences were clear.

You don't tell a 2-year old not to play with a loaded gun because he does not understand the consequences of doing so. In that your analogy failed to capture Eden. Do you want to try and prove that Adam and Eve did not understand the consequences of their actions before they took of the fruit of that tree? Remember that you have already conceded that they had enough intelligence to pass the test. If you will recant your words now, please do so with a worthy explanation.
Re: Who Sinned First, Satan Or Adam ? by Nobody: 9:29pm On Sep 29, 2013
mazaje:

If you agree that they did have enough intelligence to pass the test, then you also agree that their failure was on them not God. That destroys your complaint about knowing right and wrong.

They were not in an exam querying them on what was right and what was wrong anymore than your 2-year old baby is in one asking him what guns are. The situation was not beyond their capacity. Loaded guns are beyond a 2-year old's capacity. Adam and Eve knew Who God was. They knew what He said and what would happen if they disobeyed. When Satan came and made his argument, the question before them was not "is it right or wrong to obey God in spite of what Satan says?" It was "shall I do as God said or as Satan said?" Simple. Whichever they chose to do, the consequences were clear.

You don't tell a 2-year old not to play with a loaded gun because he does not understand the consequences of doing so. In that your analogy failed to capture Eden. Do you want to try and prove that Adam and Eve did not understand the consequences of their actions before they took of the fruit of that tree? Remember that you have already conceded that they had enough intelligence to pass the test. If you will recant your words now, please do so with a worthy explanation.
Re: Who Sinned First, Satan Or Adam ? by Nobody: 9:32pm On Sep 29, 2013
^^^
I hope Mr troll reads the post above
Re: Who Sinned First, Satan Or Adam ? by MrTroll(m): 11:45pm On Sep 29, 2013
Chibuebem: ^^^
I hope Mr troll reads the post above
lol. And you think that post was water tight? Seems to me like children defending the existence of Santa. . .cheesy
Re: Who Sinned First, Satan Or Adam ? by Nobody: 12:28am On Sep 30, 2013
Mr Troll: lol. And you think that post was water tight? Seems to me like children defending the existence of Santa. . .cheesy

Just go on and show how water "loose" it is. Our own particular convo you dropped too. Don't sniff at this one and walk away.
Re: Who Sinned First, Satan Or Adam ? by MrTroll(m): 12:48am On Sep 30, 2013
Ihedinobi:

Just go on and show how water "loose" it is. Our own particular convo you dropped too. Don't sniff at this one and walk away.
Did i? Anyway, i know when to quit. I just realised that we were arguing the finer points of what is essentially a myth. Seemed silly to me+ i just remembered our conversation some months back. . .wink

A better example would be Children arguing whether Santa actually travels round the globe in one night.lol
Re: Who Sinned First, Satan Or Adam ? by zealed64: 12:18pm On Sep 30, 2013
sanniemoe:

Yes,there is a being who plays the role of Satan in the role. his name is Iblis or Shaytan. Thats the reason for Muslims to chant "AWUSU BILAHI MINA SHAYTANI RAHEEM"....
& Yes,there is a place like Hades in the Quran.. Its called Jaa'namah.. its got 7layers,just like we got 7seas and all. Each layer's hotness depends on how heavy one's sin is. Forget what U hear bout that 77virgins and all,if any man should kill his fellow man deliberately,he will be judged as a murderer

@sanniemoe tnks for the reply..

I see, christianity and islam are just alike... Just as god, jesus, hell, satan, angel gabriel,.. etc are all evident in the bible, same it is in koran but with different names...funny enough "satan/shaytan" ..really?(coincidence?? HELL NO!)...

yet we ve outright 'bloody' disunity between these two popular religion(especially fanatics).

RELIGION IS MESSED UP! D,ANM THE AUTHOR'S OF BIBLE AND KORAN! THEY CREATED UNDYING HATE AMONGST OUR SELF'S AND IS BEING PROPAGATED BY THE SHALLOW MINDED INDIVIDUALS..

WORSE PART OF IT ALL, THEIR ARE ISLAMS AGAINST ISLAMS..CHRISTIANS AGAINST CHRISTIANS....WHY IF YOU ASK ME-MISINTERPRETATIONS OF KORAN/BIBLE AND DOCTRINES PREACHED BY IMAMS/PASTORS.

recently some bunch of criminals(boko haram) went to a boarding school in yobe state shoot sporadically at poor children sleeping(defenseless)..oh my goodness... And the ba,stards will justify & align their action to a fictional book koran..claiming they re doing the work of god/allah?..

#TEAMDOTHERIGHTTHING f,uck religion fanatics!

1 Like

Re: Who Sinned First, Satan Or Adam ? by macof(m): 2:01pm On Sep 30, 2013
zealed64:

@sanniemoe tnks for the reply..

I see, christianity and islam are just alike... Just as god, jesus, hell, satan, angel gabriel,.. etc are all evident in the bible, same it is in koran but with different names...funny enough "satan/shaytan" ..really?(coincidence?? HELL NO!)...

yet we ve outright 'bloody' disunity between these two popular religion(especially fanatics).

RELIGION IS MESSED UP! D,ANM THE AUTHOR'S OF BIBLE AND KORAN! THEY CREATED UNDYING HATE AMONGST OUR SELF'S AND IS BEING PROPAGATED BY THE SHALLOW MINDED INDIVIDUALS..

WORSE PART OF IT ALL, THEIR ARE ISLAMS AGAINST ISLAMS..CHRISTIANS AGAINST CHRISTIANS....WHY IF YOU ASK ME-MISINTERPRETATIONS OF KORAN/BIBLE AND DOCTRINES PREACHED BY IMAMS/PASTORS.

recently some bunch of criminals(boko haram) went to a boarding school in yobe state shoot sporadically at poor children sleeping(defenseless)..oh my goodness... And the ba,stards will justify & align their action to a fictional book koran..claiming they re doing the work of god/allah?..

#TEAMDOTHERIGHTTHING f,uck religion fanatics!

you are so right. That's why it's good to keep a balance
Re: Who Sinned First, Satan Or Adam ? by macof(m): 2:16pm On Sep 30, 2013
wizzmc: [b]A Muslim man in Egypt killed his wife because she was reading the Bible and then buried her with their infant baby and an 8-year old daughter. The girls were buried alive! He then reported to the police that an uncle killed the kids. 15 days later, another family member died. When they went to bury him, they found the 2 little girls under the sand -ALIVE! The country is outraged over the incident, and the man will be executed.. The older girl was asked how she had survived and she says:-'A man wearing shiny white clothes, with bleeding wounds in his hands, came every day to feed us. He woke up my mom so she could nurse my sister,' she said. She was interviewed on Egyptian national TV, by availed Muslim woman news anchor. She said on public TV, 'This was none other than Jesus, because nobody else does things like this!'
Muslims believe Isa (Jesus) would do this, but the wounds mean He really was crucified, and it's clear also that He is alive! But, it's also clear that the child could not make up a story like this, and there is no way these children could have survived without a true miracle. Muslim leaders are going to have a hard time to figure out what to do with this, and the popularity of the Passion movie doesn't help! With Egypt at the centre of the media and education in the Middle East , you
can be sure this story will spread. Christ is still turning the world upside down! Please let this story be shared. The Lord says, 'I will bless the person who puts his trust in me.' Jeremiah 17.
[/b][/size][size=8pt]
this is the kind of war between both religions...bringing nothing but Evil to the hearts of Men.
Re: Who Sinned First, Satan Or Adam ? by MrTroll(m): 2:20pm On Sep 30, 2013
macof: this is the kind of war between both religions...bringing nothing but Evil to the hearts of Men.
Still spreading this false story?
Re: Who Sinned First, Satan Or Adam ? by mazaje(m): 2:40pm On Sep 30, 2013
Ihedinobi:

The failure was on the bible god for not protecting them from satan his enemy, remember they actually obeyed the injunction not to eat until satan came and decieved them in according to the story. . .The bible god was incompetent, he didn't warn them that a person was coming to deceive them, remember they were decieved by satan according to the story, if satan had not come they would have continued to obey the instruction. . .Bible god remains an irresponsible parent. . .

The situation was beyond their capacity, my two years old knows who I am and when I tell him to go and sit down quietly he does as I say, when i tell him to drop his toy he drops it , but if another person comes and gives him the toy in my absence he will take it and play with it. . .Remember satan did not come to them as a bad person, he came to them just like another person, they even told him that they were instructed not to eat from the tree, because they will die if they did, he told them that they will not die, but their eyes will be open. . .You can not blame them because they did not even know what disobedience was because they did not know that it was wrong to disobey according to the story. . .

They had enough intelligence to understand what they were told, but had no way of knowing the consequence since they did not know what they were doing was actually wrong. . .And then to go around punishing them for being deceived is just asinine, why not forgive them and give them another chance since christians always cry that their god is all merciful. . . The whole Adam and eve story as interpreted by christians is just perverted, I prefer the Jewish explanation, it makes more sense, Jews do not believe in the original since inherited by adam and the other brouhaha christians spew all the time because it just doesn't make sense, Jews see the garden of eden story as man’s elevation to a moral sense and awareness, while christians on the other hand see the eden story as the fall of man and original sin. . .The chrisdtian interpertation of the eden story shows the bible god as an incompetent parent which ever way you look at it. . .
Re: Who Sinned First, Satan Or Adam ? by MrTroll(m): 2:48pm On Sep 30, 2013
^^^
Remember that he's also omniscient. . . Talk about incompetence!
Re: Who Sinned First, Satan Or Adam ? by nnofaith: 3:01pm On Sep 30, 2013
Mr Troll: ^^^
Remember that he's also omniscient. . . Talk about incompetence!
its a classic case of entrapment.
Re: Who Sinned First, Satan Or Adam ? by Nobody: 7:49pm On Sep 30, 2013
mazaje:

The failure was on the bible god for not protecting them from satan his enemy, remember they actually obeyed the injunction not to eat until satan came and decieved them in according to the story. . .The bible god was incompetent, he didn't warn them that a person was coming to deceive them, remember they were decieved by satan according to the story, if satan had not come they would have continued to obey the instruction. . .Bible god remains an irresponsible parent. . .

The situation was beyond their capacity, my two years old knows who I am and when I tell him to go and sit down quietly he does as I say, when i tell him to drop his toy he drops it , but if another person comes and gives him the toy in my absence he will take it and play with it. . .Remember satan did not come to them as a bad person, he came to them just like another person, they even told him that they were instructed not to eat from the tree, because they will die if they did, he told them that they will not die, but their eyes will be open. . .You can not blame them because they did not even know what disobedience was because they did not know that it was wrong to disobey according to the story. . .

They had enough intelligence to understand what they were told, but had no way of knowing the consequence since they did not know what they were doing was actually wrong. . .And then to go around punishing them for being deceived is just asinine, why not forgive them and give them another chance since christians always cry that their god is all merciful. . . The whole Adam and eve story as interpreted by christians is just perverted, I prefer the Jewish explanation, it makes more sense, Jews do not believe in the original since inherited by adam and the other brouhaha christians spew all the time because it just doesn't make sense, Jews see the garden of eden story as man’s elevation to a moral sense and awareness, while christians on the other hand see the eden story as the fall of man and original sin. . .The chrisdtian interpertation of the eden story shows the bible god as an incompetent parent which ever way you look at it. . .
@ bolded, your argument is flawed.
I tell my 2 year old child: 'Nwokem. Do not touch this lantern. If you do, you will hurt yourself. He listens to another, who contradicts me, his father, who takes care of him and supplies him with his every need and loves him, he admires the beauty of the flame. Goes on ahead to the kitchen, and touches the flame.
You can try this on a two year old and see if he doesn't know he did wrong when you get back from work.

What does the sentence: "If thou shalt eat it, thou shalt surely die" mean to you??
Adam and eve knew that the shalt surely die if they ate the fruit.
Nawa o. Don't misinterpret the bible. This just shows you read the bible with a biased mind to try to pick out faults. Like I said, you end up falling flat on your face.
They knew the consequences of their actions, they were afraid when God came. They hid. They knew they were wrong. They were judged because they were wrong. God does not place curses on innocent people. The serpent told them God was a liar, and they, knowing fully well they were disobeying, STILL took the fruit and disobeyed because of their covetousness.
They were cursed and judged by God because God is good and upright. He is a just God. And even as he was judging them, he was already speaking of their salvation. They were seperated from God spiritually once they took that fruit. Their natures had fallen. How could they eat the fruit of the tree of life and live forever? How could man live forever in the nature of sin? God forbid. Who knows how this world would have been? Why do you try to discredit almighty God? I say this to your shame: your biased mind could not enable you to see plain truth: man sinned from the beginning. He was guilty. God is just and good. Man still sins and rebels against God till today, enjoying the pleasures of sin for a short time before reality catches up with him. Either in the form of life-giving faith in the power of God to save, Or in the form of eternal damnation by the wrath of God in death and judgement.

The word of God is alive and powerful, sharper than a double-edged sword, cutting even unto the diving of the soul and the spirit and the joints and the marrow; and is a judge of the thoughts and intents of the heart

Forever o lord, your word is settled in heaven

Romans 3:12- They are all gone out of the way, they are together become unprofitable; there is none that doeth good, no, not one.
Romans 3:23- for all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God.

Romans 6:23- For the wages of sin is DEATH. But the free gift of God is ETERNAL LIFE THROUGH JESUS CHRIST OUR LORD
Re: Who Sinned First, Satan Or Adam ? by mazaje(m): 7:55pm On Sep 30, 2013
Chibuebem: @ bolded, your argument is flawed.
I tell my 2 year old child: 'Nwokem. Do not touch this lantern. If you do, you will hurt yourself. He listens to another, who contradicts me, his father, who takes care of him and supplies him with his every need and loves him, he admires the beauty of the flame. Goes on ahead to the kitchen, and touches the flame.
You can try this on a two year old and see if he doesn't know he did wrong when you get back from work.

What does the sentence: "If thou shalt eat it, thou shalt surely die" mean to you??
Nawa o. Don't misinterpret the bible. This just shows you read the bible with a biased mind to try to pick out faults. Like I said, you end up falling flat on your face.
They knew the consequences of their actions, they were afraid when God came. They hid. They knew they were wrong. They were judged because they were wrong. God does not place curses on innocent people. The serpent told them God was a liar, and they, knowing fully well they were disobeying, STILL took the fruit and disobeyed because of their covetousness.
They were cursed and judged by God because God is good and upright. He is a just God. And even as he was judging them, he was already speaking of their salvation. They were seperated from God spiritually once they took that fruit. Their natures had fallen. How could they eat the fruit of the tree of life and live forever? How could man live forever in the nature of sin? God forbid. Who knows how this world would have been? Why do you try to discredit almighty God? I say this to your shame: your biased mind could not enable you to see plain truth: man sinned from the beginning. He was guilty. God is just and good. Man still sins and rebels against God till today, enjoying the pleasures of sin for a short time before reality catches up with him. Either in the form of life-giving faith in the power of God to save, Or in the form of eternal damnation by the wrath of God in death and judgement.

The word of God is alive and powerful, sharper than a double-edged sword, cutting even unto the diving of the soul and the spirit and the joints and the marrow; and is a judge of the thoughts and intents of the heart

Romans 3:12- They are all gone out of the way, they are together become unprofitable; there is none that doeth good, no, not one.

Romans 6:23- For the wages of sin is DEATH. But the free gift of God is ETERNAL LIFE THROUGH JESUS CHRIST OUR LORD

Bla bla bla. . .even the Jews that invented the story do not agree with the christian interpretation and explanation. . .The christian explanation doesn't make any sense at all. . .it depicts god as an incompetent parent. . .
Re: Who Sinned First, Satan Or Adam ? by Nobody: 8:13pm On Sep 30, 2013
mazaje:

Bla bla bla. . .even the Jews that invented the story do not agree with the christian interpretation and explanation. . .The christian explanation doesn't make any sense at all. . .it depicts god as an incompetent parent. . .
bla bla bla? Have you read what the bible says about christs church and the jews. Did you even read what I said? Its amazing what you guys can 'conclude' just to prove your false points. The very things you accuse religious people of doing. What can I say shaa...you've gone into bla bla bla mode. Smh. My post is available for others to read and by God's grace to be strenghtened.
Re: Who Sinned First, Satan Or Adam ? by Image123(m): 8:55pm On Sep 30, 2013
Mr Troll: Na wa o. They'll have us believe Adam really did name all the animals. Smh. In what language did he do it?
Is this a joke or what? Do grown ass adults still think this Adam and Eve story actually happened for real?

Ask your parents, or are they not adults?
Re: Who Sinned First, Satan Or Adam ? by mazaje(m): 9:03pm On Sep 30, 2013
Chibuebem: bla bla bla? Have you read what the bible says about christs church and the jews. Did you even read what I said? Its amazing what you guys can 'conclude' just to prove your false points. The very things you accuse religious people of doing. What can I say shaa...you've gone into bla bla bla mode. Smh. My post is available for others to read and by God's grace to be strenghtened.

The new testament is an aberration of the jewish scriptures as such the do not believe in it. . .If i am to go with any explanation of the adam and eve story i will go with the jewish interpretation because it makes more sense and they originally wrote the story,not the christian usurpers and their outlandish interpretation and explanation of the originally jewish story. . .
Re: Who Sinned First, Satan Or Adam ? by Image123(m): 9:06pm On Sep 30, 2013
mazaje:

Are you crazy. . .How did Adam name all the animals and in what language?. . . .Hope you know that animals are named only after they have been discovered. . .Why are there different names to the same animals in different languages if Adam named all the animals?. . .How can you be talking about ancient Jewish mythology as if its true?. . .Na wah for you ohh. . .

What language would you prefer? You don't believe Adam literally named the animals but you believe he had no knowledge of good and evil? Well now at least you know Adam was intelligent enough to maintain an Edenic garden with a size large enough to be irrigated by four rivers. You're picking something, fine.
Again i ask, Adam had not taken of the tree of life, did he have life?
Adam was created with capacity to pass the test, he had to be tested. Like he denied his fault, so do his children also deny today. Evidently, you have the adamic nature.
Re: Who Sinned First, Satan Or Adam ? by Solozzo(m): 9:10pm On Sep 30, 2013
mazaje:

That's right!

It also depicts him as dictatorial, prone to anger, unforgiving and punitive.

It appeared that the inventors of the genesis story were of the view that a permanent child state was the original status God meant for mankind without considering the negative aspects of this condition - ignorance, lacking conscience and free will, which fits a megalomaniac God' s purposes.
Re: Who Sinned First, Satan Or Adam ? by mazaje(m): 9:19pm On Sep 30, 2013
Image123:

What language would you prefer? You don't believe Adam literally named the animals but you believe he had no knowledge of good and evil? Well now at least you know Adam was intelligent enough to maintain an Edenic garden with a size large enough to be irrigated by four rivers. You're picking something, fine.

I don't believe anything about the Adam and eve story, it is only a fictitious story, I was only stating what was writing in the story and how the christian interpretation of the story which is very different from the jewish interpretation portrays Yahweh as an irresponsible parent. . .Adam never named any animal any where, if he did all animals will be called by the names he gave them in all languages, stop talking about it as if the fictitious account has anything to do with reality, animals are named after they have been discovered. . .What name did Adam give to the pit bull or Chuwawa?. . .Don't be be ridiculous pls. .

Again i ask, Adam had not taken of the tree of life, did he have life?
Adam was created with capacity to pass the test, he had to be tested. Like he denied his fault, so do his children also deny today. Evidently, you have the adamic nature.

I don't have any adamic nature, even the Jews that invented they myth do not agree with the nonsense you are writing. . .They do not believe in original sin or fall of man to them the eden story stands for man coming to an age of awareness and enlightenment. . .Its he christains that give it their own meaning because of Jesus. . .The people that invented the story do not even agree with you, so stop giving me your indoctrinated crap. . .
Re: Who Sinned First, Satan Or Adam ? by Nobody: 9:22pm On Sep 30, 2013
mazaje:

The new testament is an aberration of the jewish scriptures as such the do not believe in it. . .If i am to go with any explanation of the adam and eve story i will go with the jewish interpretation because it makes more sense and they originally wrote the story,not the christian usurpers and their outlandish interpretation and explanation of the originally jewish story. . .
okay sir. Sorry for any disturbances. You are entitled to choose your opinion and point of view. And you're entitled to choose your interpretation, or those who interpret for you.
Re: Who Sinned First, Satan Or Adam ? by Solozzo(m): 9:31pm On Sep 30, 2013
Chibuebem: @ bolded, your argument is flawed.

The snake did not lie! Even God said behold man has become like one of us , knowing good and evil. Is that not what the snake said would happen if they eat the fruit. The snake only took the wind off God's game ship.

Would you prefer to remain mentally retarded, naked ape for ever if you had the choice to obtain knowledge, develop a conscience and free will. According to story when read with an open mind, God wanted man to remain a retard but Adam and Eve said no, and got punished. You judge the character of the Old Testament Jewish God for yourself.
Re: Who Sinned First, Satan Or Adam ? by Nobody: 9:34pm On Sep 30, 2013
Solozzo:

The snake did not lie! Even God said behold man has become like one of us , knowing good and evil. Is that not what the snake said would happen if they eat the fruit. The snake only took the wind off God's game ship.

Would you prefer to remain mentally retarded, naked ape for ever if you had the choice to obtain knowledge, develop a conscience and free will. According to story when read with an open mind, God wanted man to remain a retard but Adam and Eve said no, and got punished. You judge the character of the Old Testament Jewish God for yourself.
sorry sir, he lied. He said: "thou shalt not surely die"
Re: Who Sinned First, Satan Or Adam ? by macof(m): 9:46pm On Sep 30, 2013
Chibuebem: sorry sir, he lied. He said: "thou shalt not surely die"
so did they die?
Re: Who Sinned First, Satan Or Adam ? by Nobody: 9:48pm On Sep 30, 2013
macof: so did they die?
they died spiritually and physically. They lost eternal life.
Re: Who Sinned First, Satan Or Adam ? by macof(m): 9:58pm On Sep 30, 2013
Chibuebem: they died spiritually and physically. They lost eternal life.
well maybe Adam and Eve did but Sango, Oranmiyan and all my ancestors have eternal life.
Re: Who Sinned First, Satan Or Adam ? by Nobody: 10:00pm On Sep 30, 2013
macof: well maybe Adam and Eve did but Sango, Oranmiyan and all my ancestors have eternal life.
do you have eternal life sir? Eternal life in its real sense is not just living forever. There are characteristics and properties that go with it. The nature of eternal life, God's nature, cannot be isolated from his indestructible life and its power.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

10 Ways To Live A More Spiritual Life / What Do Jehovah's Witnesses Have Against Catholics / 3 Reasons We Need Jesus In Our Marriages And Our Lives

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 118
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.