Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,446 members, 7,830,234 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:19 PM

Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. - Career (46) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. (255734 Views)

Graduate Interns At HCDC Limited / Salary of Federal Hospital Interns In Nigeria? / Pharmacists And Pharmaceutical Aspirants (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) ... (88) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Nobody: 8:44am On May 15, 2015
Bukkiminat:

University of Ibadan
Ok..part 2 right?
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Nobody: 8:44am On May 15, 2015
Bukkiminat:

University of Ibadan
Ok..part 2 right?
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Nobody: 10:41am On May 16, 2015
sisiafrika:
Hello y'all! I so fukcing passed my exams! Gat no bleeping resit!!! Next level things. Beef my glory, end like story! Hippy hippy hippy. Its baba God though, I return all glory to Him! #catswalk outta thread
Congrats dear!I also had a straight pass.part3 on point,what about you?
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by drered(m): 11:13pm On May 17, 2015
Bukkiminat:
Happy induction ceremony to drered and other freshest pharmacists.....
Thanks hun..
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by adeoladrg(m): 10:46pm On May 18, 2015
sisiafrika:
hi honey.

Hello sisi. Please I need the contact of the PANS president at OAU. Please I need it urgently. Congratulations on your results.
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by zeezahbee(f): 11:28pm On May 18, 2015
adeoladrg:

Hello sisi. Please I need the contact of the PANS president at OAU. Please I need it urgently. Congratulations on your results.
How is bobbler's health
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Samgreguc(m): 6:32am On May 19, 2015
Marverick:
intreasting! Intreasting!! Am also in RX2 at uniben bought guyton and hall for physiology,lirppincotts biochem for biochemistry,essential inorganic and organic pharm chemistry by A.J olaniyi etc planning to buy more in 3rd yr,i find 2nd yr intreasting ,say mr sam hw do u find them practicals ? ; D
Am yet to start the main pharm courses.
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Samgreguc(m): 6:37am On May 19, 2015
Bukkiminat:
Happy induction ceremony
to drered and other freshest pharmacists.....
Happy induction to them o...

1 Like

Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Nobody: 12:36pm On May 30, 2015
sisiafrika:
what's your primary discipline
biochemistry
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Nobody: 9:10am On Jun 11, 2015
Hey guys, been a long while... The PANS National Convention is about to kick off. kindly follow our new discussion thread to keep yourself updated on the latest. thanks

https://www.nairaland.com/2371933/40th-annual-pharmacy-students-pans

cc
fynestboi
Sisiafrika
adeoladrg

Tag your friends
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by sisiafrika(f): 9:48pm On Jun 11, 2015
adeoladrg:

thanks man. Will try
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by ayox1(m): 11:12pm On Jun 11, 2015
sisiafrika:
thanks man. Will try
hmmmm Sisiafirica.
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by efyzhi(m): 11:08am On Jun 14, 2015
sisiafrika:
thanks man. Will try

hello ma
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by tayoamos: 1:41am On Jun 15, 2015
Any pharmacist who needs a job at UCH Ibadan should mail me immediately. A slot is available at the moment and its a full fed govt employment. Mail me here: drtaymos@yahoo.com
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Nobody: 10:25pm On Jun 15, 2015
kristana:
helo!. am kristana.pharmacy part 1 oau!
I knw dat face in ur dp.
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Nobody: 1:45am On Jun 16, 2015
drered:
Hey ya'll!
Pharmacy, 400L, University of Ibadan.

Good job OP.
My experience in pharmacy school has been crazy I must say.. That's for another time tho.
There are certain issues I'd like to raise..

The marginalisation of pharmacist by other health care professionals especially doctors.. Its almost like there's this tension in a room with pharmacist and doctors with doctors always trying to act all encompassing and pharmacists , mostly timid in nature easily passing as "mere" sales people. That shouldn't bother a pharmacist worth is onions tho but its still an issue and a serious one too. Some hospitals don't even have pharmacists but have drugs stocked as they could be easily handled by a nurse or the doctor.. I mean some health establishments don't even have the chief pharmacist in the hospital board and to most of the pharmacists this is a non issue. But hey! They also went through a system where they were regarded as "socially awkward" because they basically just bury themselves in their books and engaging in various form of social activity might pass you along as "unserious" how then do you get the social networking skill that will make you and in extension your profession recognised?
In U.I, most of the lecturers do basically two things lecture students and "lecture themselves" they don't even go into the institution politics at all. If you don't have anyone there how do you make policies or bring about policies that favours your faculty?. Uni. Ibadan as seen loads of VC's from the college of medicine and its all been good for them as far as the university policies go..
isn't it laughable that the DG of NAFDAC is a medical doctor? IMO, the system has to be regulated and every member of the healthcare team has to be recognised + there should be great measure of professionalism among members and not one undermining the other..

The Second issue is the curriculum and TBH it is just messed up! Even my pharmacology lecturer admits this and then you wonder why when most students graduate they live a routine life? Take prescriptions, read prescriptions, check for error in dosing, DI and fill prescriptions all day every day. You don't even apply half of what you learn depending on what aspect of pharmacy you get to practise.. What about those that want the thrill that comes with doing something different? Or making research and discovering something new? What innovation can the average B.Pharm graduate come with left in a lab with all the high tech apparatus he needs?. You can't give what you don't have can you?.. How much of what you learn in pharmaceutics practical can you apply considering drugs are rarely extemporaneously prepared but come in suitable dosage forms?. This are issues that might not change in the near future but they are issues that need to be addressed nonetheless

2 Likes

Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by PharmEnoch(m): 2:07am On Jun 17, 2015
[quote author=sapiorxxual post=34810636][/quote] well said
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by cmonek(m): 5:34pm On Jun 17, 2015
tayoamos:
Any pharmacist who needs a job at UCH Ibadan should mail me immediately. A slot is available at the moment and its a full fed govt employment. Mail me here: drtaymos@yahoo.com
Goodevening Sir, am interested. Just sent you a mail now.
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by cmonek(m): 5:39pm On Jun 17, 2015
I greet you all. Kindly post any vacancy( internship, full time or locum) you come across irrespective of the state involved. This might help a fellow in his or her job hunt. Thanks and God bless you all
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by evanscheck(m): 4:59am On Jun 18, 2015
[quote][/quote] nice one...
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by evanscheck(m): 5:06am On Jun 18, 2015
Am back, does anyone have a good gist for me
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by evanscheck(m): 11:51am On Jun 20, 2015
Retail pharmacy is usually the first job most young pharmacists will get once they get their license. However, retail pharmacy can lead you to poverty if you ignore these warnings. A lot of young pharmacists that want to work in retail pharmacy before establishing their own retail pharmacy have been asking for my advise and here is what I have to say on how you can avoid winning the POOREST RETAIL PHARMACY owner award five years after you open your own retail pharmacy.

1.  Avoid a poor ambience premises- A retail pharmacy that is always dirty and has poor ambience will build that character into you. Since most dirty and poor ambience retail pharmacy are owned by poor pharmacists you too will end up poor. So, no matter what you are offered to even work as a locum in a poor looking pharmacy, reject the offer.

2. Avoid retail pharmacy with uneducated Superintendent – A lot of superintendent pharmacists are very poor because they know nothing about how to run a business. They are total illiterate when it comes to business management. If you work under them, you will never see the need to study the business side of retail pharmacy and once you do not study the business side of retail pharmacy, poverty is a guaranteed part of your destiny

3. Avoid working with Patent blaming retail pharmacists – Once you go to work in any retail pharmacy and the owner or the people working there are complaining about the patent medicine dealers around them, that is an alarm bell warning you never to get within 500 metres of that retail pharmacy again. Only poor and lazy pharmacists complain about patent medicine dealers. The hard working ones drive the patent medicine dealers around them out of business. As a young pharmacist, you do not want to start by working under a poor and lazy pharmacist who is using another person as the excuse for their laziness.

4. Avoid a pharmacy where the MD rarely attends any seminar or training- You became a pharmacists by attending pharmacy training in pharmacy school. You do not want to remain a pharmacist. You want to add RICH or SUCCESSFUL to your pharmacist title and to do that, you need training from the person you work under on success and wealth. Since the retail pharmacy owner that does not attend trainings cannot be wealthy, it means he or she can only teach you how to be poor because you can give only what you have and for that retail pharmacy owner that does not attend trainings on business management, what he or she will know is how to create poverty and they will readily teach you how to do that when you work under them.

5. Avoid retail pharmacy that do not make at least N100,000 sales per day in sales – Most of the retail pharmacy that are successful make daily sales of at least N100,000 per day. You can only become a millionaire when you deal on millions. N100000 per day is the minimum you must make to become qualified to be rich. If you meet any pharmacist that thinks this amount is too big and ridiculous, run away from that retail pharmacy because the owner is soaked in poverty mentality and can only transfer that mentality to you. However, if you meet a YOUNG PHARMACIST that owns a retail pharmacy that is less than 2 years and he or she tell you that they are doing under N100,000 but you can sense the desire and passion to break the N100,000 mark, work under that person for some time

6. AVOID THE COMMUNITY OF POOR RETAIL PHARMACY OWNERS – Look at the circle of retail pharmacy owning friends that you have and if their discussion is not made up of mostly how to improve their business, know that they are a community of Poverty afflicted retail pharmacy owners. Even if some of them seen to be doing well, avoid them. You learn what you practice from your friends and if the things you hear from your friends do not challenge you to want to become rich as a retail pharmacy owner, they are just programming you for poverty.

3 Likes

Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by adeoladrg(m): 1:15am On Jun 29, 2015
zeezahbee:
How is bobbler's health

The surgery was successful. . He's fine now. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by adeoladrg(m): 1:19am On Jun 29, 2015
Samgreguc:

Okey bt, saw a memo from PANS national on it requesting it shudnt be to d purposeful detriment of a region unlawfully.

**u do well**

PSN has been busy with MDDC recently. They haven't said anything concerning licensure exams.
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Rexsul: 9:04pm On Jul 11, 2015
Plz which scul. Accept B.tech in Bch 4 d.e in2 pharmacy.....presently in 300L nw bt bch is a five yrs course here in Futmx. Pharmacy is my drm course guyz nd i'll neva gv up d fight.
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Catalyst007(m): 1:13pm On Jul 16, 2015
This is for those who don't yet know they can shop for almost anything online in Nigeria and have it delivered to their doorstep. Also, Online prices are mostly cheaper than retail prices.

konga will give you N2000 for your first order using their app.

CLICK HERE FOR GUIDANCE;

http://onlineshopping-productreviews..com/2015/03/shopping-on-konga-tutorial-101.html?m=1l
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Johncrown80(m): 3:57am On Jul 23, 2015
I'm back here ! any1 to welcome me?

my last post here was when I was in part 1.7

but to the most faithful God, I'm nw in part 2.3

#grateful_heart_to_the_most_high_GOD

#ife_famasi_I_rep. cool

3 Likes

Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by drered(m): 8:27am On Jul 26, 2015
Wassup guys? Been a minute.. How's Pharm school?..

1 Like

Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Bukkiminat(f): 3:00pm On Jul 27, 2015
drered:
Wassup guys? Been a minute.. How's Pharm school?..

Hehehehe longest tym bro
How is life out dre
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by drered(m): 4:18pm On Aug 02, 2015
Bukkiminat:

Hehehehe longest tym bro
How is life out dre
Lol. Not bad at all.. Currently interning.. How's u. i?
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Bukkiminat(f): 7:49am On Aug 04, 2015
drered:
Lol. Not bad at all.. Currently interning.. How's u. i?

Oh! M happy for you....
UI? Jxt there jare
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Drlexxy66: 12:01am On Aug 05, 2015
I am a final year pharmacy student.. And I would like to know the best places in terms of salty for the interns. And what is the range.

(1) (2) (3) ... (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) ... (88) (Reply)

Medical Laboratory Scientists Forum / Nigerian Prospective Medical Interns 2017 / Best Paid Degrees In Nigeria (THE BITTER TRUTH)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.