Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,492 members, 7,830,484 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:17 PM

Son-in-law Compelled To Write An Essay By Father-in-law - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Son-in-law Compelled To Write An Essay By Father-in-law (21444 Views)

Royal Father In Sex Scandal With Disabled Woman Of Four (Pictured) / Can A Man Be Compelled To Pay Child Support To His Baby Mama In Nigeria? / Attacked By Father- In -law For Catching My Wife Having An Affair. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Son-in-law Compelled To Write An Essay By Father-in-law by Nobody: 5:47pm On Sep 25, 2013
kulyie: Let me make an assumption here.assuming 'mother inlaw' ask me to do it,i will,HOWEVER, i will make photocopy of what i have written and typed,not before i have given it to a minimum of 3 different social scientist lecturers to read and make corrections for me,then ill give her.meanwhile i will keep the photocopied one under the matress or under the rug in a secluded place in the sittingroom FOR THE DAY OF GBEGE or in case anyone want to start playing any stwepeed stunt with me,that will serve as an evidence.moreover,they say if you want to dine with the devil,your spoon must be longer than idumota electric pole.in other words,when dealing with a nigerian man and his family,you have to be extra careful and your number 6 has to be working faster than the cathedral clock in marina.ishhh.

anyway op,if they say your brother should write it,write it,type it,make sure the diction,grammatical errors,punctuations and total every every is ok but keep a copy,if possible save a copy inside flash,your laptop or cd.kojubelo.if i am to be real with you,forget sentiments and emotions,if you want your senses to be intact and you dont want to be a shadow of yourself,make sure you are NOT BLINDED BY PSEUDO LOVE,DO WHAT COMPUTER SCIENTISTS CALL BACK UP (i dont mean having another girl friend o) a word is enough for the wise
what is he saying?
Re: Son-in-law Compelled To Write An Essay By Father-in-law by Nobody: 5:48pm On Sep 25, 2013
kulyie: Let me make an assumption here.assuming 'mother inlaw' ask me to do it,i will,HOWEVER, i will make photocopy of what i have written and typed,not before i have given it to a minimum of 3 different social scientist lecturers to read and make corrections for me,then ill give her.meanwhile i will keep the photocopied one under the matress or under the rug in a secluded place in the sittingroom FOR THE DAY OF GBEGE or in case anyone want to start playing any stwepeed stunt with me,that will serve as an evidence.moreover,they say if you want to dine with the devil,your spoon must be longer than idumota electric pole.in other words,when dealing with a nigerian man and his family,you have to be extra careful and your number 6 has to be working faster than the cathedral clock in marina.ishhh.

anyway op,if they say your brother should write it,write it,type it,make sure the diction,grammatical errors,punctuations and total every every is ok but keep a copy,if possible save a copy inside flash,your laptop or cd.kojubelo.if i am to be real with you,forget sentiments and emotions,if you want your senses to be intact and you dont want to be a shadow of yourself,make sure you are NOT BLINDED BY PSEUDO LOVE,DO WHAT COMPUTER SCIENTISTS CALL BACK UP (i dont mean having another girl friend o) a word is enough for the wise
what are u saying?
Re: Son-in-law Compelled To Write An Essay By Father-in-law by thejugunus: 6:15pm On Sep 25, 2013
[quote author=Amodsun]Good day folks,am really intrested in your opinion about this issue.
The father of my brother's fiancèè asked him to write an essay on why he wants to marry his daughter before his approval would be given.

The father of the girl must be very wise & experienced, to make such a demand of his would be son-in-law. The guy should back off, if he has any iota of doubt as far as his affection for the girl is concerned. Anything in writing, has more weight than when spoken orally. Kudos to the girl's papa!
Re: Son-in-law Compelled To Write An Essay By Father-in-law by successking: 6:24pm On Sep 25, 2013
I'm not sure father inlaw is serious, but if serious, a lengthy write up with high sense of the use of rules of grammar should be crafted and a copy be submitted to an expert to avoid bias marking should he have ulterior motive.
Re: Son-in-law Compelled To Write An Essay By Father-in-law by Nobody: 6:24pm On Sep 25, 2013
the jugunus: The father of the girl must be very wise & experienced, to make such a demand of his would be son-in-law. The guy should back off, if he has any iota of doubt as far as his affection for the girl is concerned. Anything in writing, has more weight than when spoken orally. Kudos to the girl's papa!

I agree! Weird as it sounds, I think it could be a great screening tool for everyone, personally and for the astute father too. If you end up not being able to write any genuine, heartfelt solid reasons why you want to marry someone, that should be a cue that you probably should not be marrying that person. If you have to lie to present a good essay to the father, then you probably shouldn't marry the person. I doubt he's concerned about it for the grammatical part but to check the genuineness and prognosis of the relationship. It would be hard for him to do if the writer is a seasoned liar though! Lol

1 Like

Re: Son-in-law Compelled To Write An Essay By Father-in-law by Nobody: 6:35pm On Sep 25, 2013
;DI know abt writting a letter to ur proposed bride family through ur father-inlaw, not eassy writting. Its part of my tradition
Re: Son-in-law Compelled To Write An Essay By Father-in-law by omajali2003(m): 7:01pm On Sep 25, 2013
Money answereth all thing. Show him the cash and there will be no need for letter
Re: Son-in-law Compelled To Write An Essay By Father-in-law by Chinwem(f): 7:26pm On Sep 25, 2013
^^^^ what do you mean show him the cash?
Not every father wants his daughter to marry an Onitsha trader or a drug dealer
You have to show him that his grandchildren will be intelligent too

Why is every body freaking out about writing a letter??
Write the darn letter if that's what it takes

Btw some people have murdered English on this thread

1 Like

Re: Son-in-law Compelled To Write An Essay By Father-in-law by kentoplash(m): 7:28pm On Sep 25, 2013
APPLICATION FORM TO MARRY MY DAUGHTER.
FILL THE FORM IN OWN HAND WRITING AND IN BLOCK
LETTERS.
I, _____, hereby apply to marry yourdaughter
Sir.
I am _____ years old.
Please answer the following questions honestly.
1. Do you go to church? Yes/No
2. Do you have a degree or diploma? Yes/No.
3. Are you still a virgin? Yes/No.
4. Are you working? Yes/No.
5. Do you have a car? Yes/No.
If your answer to any of the above questions was NO, do
not continue. Leave my house anddon't look back.
If all your answers were YES, then continue.
1. In 50 words or more, describe the disadvantages of
cheating in marriage.____________________
2. With the aid of a diagram, explain how you can give
respect to your father in-law or mother in-law.
3. Suppose your wife says,"honey, I need money for my
hair-style at the saloon", what would you answer?
6. Do you have both dad and mum? Yes/No. If No, explain
why?
7. Were your parents legally married? Yes/No. If YES, for
how long? If the time of their marriage is less than your
age, explain why you were born out of wedlock.
8. Explain the meaning of''COME HOME EARLY"as used by
women. (100 words)
9. Give any THREE reasons that can cause a man to sleep
outside his house.
10. In case of divorce, who do youthink is the owner of the
kids between father and mother?
Answer the following by Yes or No.
1. Do you drink alcohol? Yes/No.
2. Do you smoke? Yes/No.
3. Are you short-tempered?Yes/No.
LAST PART, BUT EQUALLY IMPORTANT.
1. When can you be free for interviews? ____________
2. When can be the best time to interview your dad______________
3. When can I interview your mum? ____________________
4. When can I interview your church pastor.
5. Please stick your passport size photo below, which which will
be put in newspaper to check if you have other girlfriends.
Sign here: ___________
Sign again: _______

5 Likes

Re: Son-in-law Compelled To Write An Essay By Father-in-law by Korad26: 7:29pm On Sep 25, 2013
I will write it.
Re: Son-in-law Compelled To Write An Essay By Father-in-law by Holorunfemi5: 7:41pm On Sep 25, 2013
\[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]
if ur bro really luv d gel i c no reason y he cant rite d letter but it kind of wired sha writen letter 4 wat
Re: Son-in-law Compelled To Write An Essay By Father-in-law by Chimdim: 7:53pm On Sep 25, 2013
the man na old teacher
Re: Son-in-law Compelled To Write An Essay By Father-in-law by bukatyne(f): 7:58pm On Sep 25, 2013
sexymoma: By the time his daughter is 42, he would be writing essay to guys to come and marry her for free

Let him get married to her daughter na.
essay writing wey person don drop since secondary school.

I am trying to figure the correlation your post as to do with the thread at hand.

And to think you are a lady

It is well
Re: Son-in-law Compelled To Write An Essay By Father-in-law by Cabsso(m): 8:11pm On Sep 25, 2013
apoti: Please let him post a copy of the essay here grin grin
end time tins
Re: Son-in-law Compelled To Write An Essay By Father-in-law by dammygoody(m): 8:11pm On Sep 25, 2013
This is serious,but to me,i dunno see anything wrong with it except for the fact that its kind of weird and you know,-non-cultural ............ But i still think there must be a fire behind the smoke...uhh?
Re: Son-in-law Compelled To Write An Essay By Father-in-law by bukatyne(f): 8:13pm On Sep 25, 2013
If a young man cannot write down the reasons why he proposed to a young lady of all the ladies he has met, then there is a serious problem.

I guess this thread why some marriages seem to achieve nothing except bringing kids into the world.

Some even suggest that the young man show the cash? Seriously? Does it mean that he has nothing to offer the wife to be except money? What if she happens to be a self sufficient woman? What happens if he is temporarily unable to provide? He loses relevance in his marriage?

The young man should be happy; his inlaw has presented him an opportunity to reflect on the reasons he wants to get married (if he has any)

1 Like

Re: Son-in-law Compelled To Write An Essay By Father-in-law by Forwetinnah: 8:42pm On Sep 25, 2013
sexymoma: By the time his daughter is 42, he would be writing essay to guys to come and marry her for free

Let him get married to her daughter na.
essay writing wey person don drop since secondary school.

cheesy cheesy grin grin
Oh my goodness!! Chai chai chai!!
Re: Son-in-law Compelled To Write An Essay By Father-in-law by johnwizey: 8:57pm On Sep 25, 2013
All of una wey dey form Chinua Achebe for here,hw many of una ft write application letter talkless of an essay
Re: Son-in-law Compelled To Write An Essay By Father-in-law by duruh: 9:15pm On Sep 25, 2013
please write the letter but make sure you cut your Ts and dot your Is ok?
Re: Son-in-law Compelled To Write An Essay By Father-in-law by Nobody: 9:15pm On Sep 25, 2013
tosingcfr: would it be formal or informal letter

Semi-formal grin grin grin
Re: Son-in-law Compelled To Write An Essay By Father-in-law by sayitout1: 9:39pm On Sep 25, 2013
Okija_juju: Gobe... grin

I cant blame the man... The number of Graduate illiterates in Nigeria is alraming..

Can U put us thru by what U mean wen U wrote ALRAMING.

...anyway U are one of the Graduate illiterates.

1 Like

Re: Son-in-law Compelled To Write An Essay By Father-in-law by adeowo84(m): 9:41pm On Sep 25, 2013
This man(father in law) must be joking...that one na GNS 101 nd the go get bad motive...make him marry the gal,I no go write any essay!
Re: Son-in-law Compelled To Write An Essay By Father-in-law by drchingy: 9:50pm On Sep 25, 2013
So non of u geniuses has as yet figured out that d op is a Liar.I tire for nl sef.cheap fabrications now make fp.mtcheeew
Re: Son-in-law Compelled To Write An Essay By Father-in-law by Rejoice5000(f): 10:15pm On Sep 25, 2013
[quote
author=RollingFella]

quite a task. the father inlaw must have sensed some few things during
the course of discussions with your brother. some discussions must have
transpired to warrant writing the essay. hence,ask your brother to tell
you in detail what actually led to it.[/quote] U ARE INTELLIGENT.THAT'S SMART QST U ASK THERE.
Re: Son-in-law Compelled To Write An Essay By Father-in-law by joe4christ(m): 10:15pm On Sep 25, 2013
Never, except if i wont be paying any bride price.
Shikena!
Re: Son-in-law Compelled To Write An Essay By Father-in-law by Ezigbom(f): 10:42pm On Sep 25, 2013
cry[quote author=homesteady]LOL! Quite funny!

I'll just simply write
Dear Sir,
I want to marry your daughter because,
1) She is the sugar in my tea
2) The cockroach in my cupboard
3) The only fly in my net
4) The only chicken in my soup!

And I know she also loves me! Thanks Sir
Your Son-in-law
Homesteady!
gringringrin[/quote

The father i̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ law wants essay not letter ooo
Re: Son-in-law Compelled To Write An Essay By Father-in-law by addictiv(m): 1:21am On Sep 26, 2013
that shouldnt be a problem...but the father in law should also be ready to write an essay when he wants to vist or send his wife or any member of his family for omugwo.....

1 Like

Re: Son-in-law Compelled To Write An Essay By Father-in-law by alstacs(m): 2:41am On Sep 26, 2013
Amodsun: The guy shud jst go ahead nd write it,afta all he z a graduate,so d fear of grammatical errors are tanish'd....BY D WAY,mayb d gurls fada wants to knw hw gud d guy z upstairs apart 4rm his results...JST MA OPINION SHA wink

Wish I could be your father in law. With this English of yours, you will never move close to my house.
Re: Son-in-law Compelled To Write An Essay By Father-in-law by Amodsun(m): 6:34am On Sep 26, 2013
alstacs:

Wish I could be your father in law. With this English of yours, you will never move close to my house.

mk i hear...wtn u go do dt guy weh write alramin wink wink
Re: Son-in-law Compelled To Write An Essay By Father-in-law by Amodsun(m): 6:39am On Sep 26, 2013
Ezigbom: cry

Essay o,nobody ask you of letter
Re: Son-in-law Compelled To Write An Essay By Father-in-law by Amodsun(m): 6:48am On Sep 26, 2013
Cabsso:
end time tins

Mods...he is all yours wink
Re: Son-in-law Compelled To Write An Essay By Father-in-law by EdidemOluomo: 6:53am On Sep 26, 2013
Okija_juju: Gobe... grin

I cant blame the man... The number of Graduate illiterates in Nigeria is alraming..

For example,You.
Alraming or Alarming?
Typo I guess

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Does Religious Differences Matter In Marriage? / The Year Is Gradually Coming To An End. What Is Your Achievement? / How To Know If You're Being Scammed For Marriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.